Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Mortal Kombat: The Battle for Earthrealm - Mafia

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sorry Town, a misread fucked it right at the end, but I did have it pegged.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He basically spilled the beans on his role by sharing too much direct info.

This was incredibly fun, JP. The flavor was wonderful, and I loved how it gave hints to EVERYTHING. The roles were really fun, and ultimately seemed for balance for these style of games. Mafia honestly had a run of bad luck that started with Jarrod getting roleblocked(when he never even used his kill). I felt this game definitely made us look more at behavior and voting patterns though, especially with the late reveals.

God, those late reveals were excruciating.

Another solid job from the new players, old ones getting right back into the groove, and a game where I survived AND had a pretty good game. I definitely had HHH and Badger as a blind spot, but I didn't think The Outsider was anti-town. Grim would have been suspect once all the reds were gone and I remember, "Oh yeah, any of these self-aligned fucks can easily look town." I'm glad I read Kev and Jordo as town on D1, though, and that never really wavered for me other than having to look at those who hadn't spoken up as much.

Props to Cewsh for calling the Godfather on D2. Extra props to Rip for killing the Jester D1. And in general, a lot of good play from different players. I also think town worked well in working together and sharing info. I felt like CWE and I were really cooperating, even if he had to keep a watchful eye on me the whole time.

I can not WAIT for MK vs. Street Fighter.

Also, JP, I'm assuming we can't know who The Outsider is due to next game spoilers? (Unless he was Akuma)

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    That was such a bad move, man, but you guys were in a terrible situation. Even if you had lynched right, you guys would have had to hold off on your roles to avoid Cassie.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    But this was a blast as always JP. Very much enjoyed the write ups. Mortal Kombat is nostalgic for me

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Town

Kurtis Stryker – ON Cop

Your covert mission to watch over the World Warriors was carried out with the diligence you’d expect of a trained NYPD Officer. It’s with that same tenacity you now approach your new mission, to help hunt out the threats to Earthrealm.

You are an Odd Night Cop. Every Odd Night you will PM me the name of somebody you wish to investigate. The result of that investigation will inform you if your target is a threat to the town or not.

Raiden – Reviver

Earthrealm stands on the brink of destruction, lose this tournament and by all rights Shao Kham shall hold dominion over all. You will not let this happen. There will be casualties along the way, there always are, but you have your Godly powers and the Well of Souls. When they fall, you shall return them to life.

You are a Reviver. Once every two days you may bring somebody back from the dead. This does not mean you have to wait 2 days, but that between Day 1 and Day 2 you may use your ability once. Same goes for Day 3 and Day 4, Day 5 and Day 6 and so forth. Your ability does not stack if you choose not to use it.

To revive somebody you must PM me their name before the end of the next Day phase.

Mod note – If Lui Kang hides behind Raiden the Well will become tainted by Lui Kang’s actions and resurrections no longer possible.

Johnny Cage – Even Night Watcher

Man, what a waste of your talents! You’re Johnny fucking Cage! Martial Artist extraordinaire, Box Office golden boy (well, man now. Old man really, God do you ache...)., Earthrealm’s poster child. You should be given more to do in the fight to save the planet than this. Just think about what you could have done instead...

You are an Even Night Watcher. Each even night you will PM me the name of somebody you wish to watch. You will receive information based on if anybody targeted that player.

Mod notes – Johnny Cage is arrogant and wants to be the center of attention. Thanks to this he can become distracted with daydreaming. Cage has a 75% chance of success. If he fails, no matter what happens it will show as nothing.

If Johnny Cage watches his wife Sonya Blade they will recognise each other and be able to speak through a chat room.

Sonya Blade – Town Back up

You’re a good soldier. The orders weren’t what you wanted to hear, but you understand why they were given and you will perform them to the best of your abilities. This isn’t just about Earthrealm to you, this is personal. Your daughter and husband are here fighting with you, you won’t let them down.

Your instructions are to lay low and wait, you will be sent further orders as and when necessary.

Mod Note – If Johnny Cage dies Sonya inherits his role

Cassie Cage – Trapper

Life is strange, or at least it has been for you, not every girl is followed by TMZ while knowing the truth about the impending destruction of Earthrealm. Red Carpets with your dad, weapons tech with mom. It always seemed a little pointless. But now, here in Outworld, you’re glad you spent the time learning what you did. It may save not only your life, but 7 billion different people’s. If only it hadn’t got damaged...

You are a Trapper. Each Day Phase you will send me the name of a person you want to lay a trap on during the Night Phase. The trap will go off on anybody who targets the person you laid the trap on. The trap will not go off on the person you targeted.

You have two types of trap, Explosive and Flash Bang. Explosive will kill any person that targets the person you have laid the trap on. Flash Bang will disorientate them, preventing any action they were going to carry out.

*important* If you fail to send me the name of your target during the Day Phase you will lose your ability for that night. You must send me a name BEFORE the end of the Day phase. *important*

Mod Notes – Due to the equipment getting damage there are numerous random checks to make.

Is the trap successful? 50/50

Was it the correct trap? 50/50

Does the trap accidentally also impact the original target? 50/50

Does the trap cascade further, impacting branching targets? 50/50

Does the trap accidentally go off even nobody targets the target? 50/50

If Cassie happens to cause the death of both her parents she will lose her mind and change role and alignment, into a Neutral SK, her powers from before remaining with her.

Lui Kang – Hider

You knew you’d changed. How could you not? The first time it happened it amazed you how much you could feel the pain, even after Goro had ripped your head off body. You felt every muscle tear, arteries shredding as that freak laughed as he murdered you for the first time. Nine times now. Nine times you’ve been killed in horrific ways, only for the Well of Souls to bring you back. Each time a little bit...less. Now there is almost nothing left. You just want to hide away, to just make it stop.

You are a Hider. Each night you will PM me the name of somebody you wish to hide behind during the Night Phase. If this person is a member of the mafia you will be killed.

Mod note – If Lui Kang hides behind Raiden he will become terrified at the reminder of all the times his friend has brought him back, inadvertently kill himself and prevent further resurrections.

If Lui Kang hides behind Kung Lao he will be reminded of his former strength and gain a one shot night vig ability.

Nightwolf – Doctor

You weren’t surprised when Raiden came to you in the Dreamrealm, the spirits has warned you of the threat of Outworld and the Elder God’s impending introduction a long time ago. When he asked you to aid you showed no hesitation despite the danger. To do so would have shamed your ancestors. You will go with your head held high, ready to play your part in the battles ahead.

You are a Doctor. Each night you will PM me the name of somebody you wish to protect. If that player would otherwise die due to any circumstance that night, you will save them.

Mod note – Kills due to Scorpion’s kill command will still be successful regardless of if Nightwolf is protecting them

Kung Lao – Even Night Tracker

You’d worked that stone well, and as you ran you heard the hum of the air as it split against the blade on your hat. Your training made you perfect for this mission and doi it well you shall, for the fate of the realm is on your shoulders.

You are an Even Night Tracker. Each even night you will PM the name of somebody you want to track, you will then receive information based on who that player targeted during the Night Phase.

Jax Briggs – ON Roleblock

Who’s got big arms? You’ve got big arms. Big metal arms? Huge metal arms! You can see your beaming smile in the reflection of your metal bicep and you flex again and again and again. These arms are fighting arms. These arms are strong arms. These arms are gonna block some fuckers down.

You are an Odd Night Roleblock. Each odd night you will PM me with the name of somebody you wish to roleblock that night.

Jaqui Briggs – Jailer

This was someone’s idea of a joke, yeah? Put Briggs in charge of the Brig. Ha ha. Hilarious. While everyone is out there fighting to the death, her she is, making warm drinks for the scum of this shithole. Ah well. But the strange thing about jails is, people talk. And when people talk, people die.

You are a Jailer. Each Day Phase you will PM me your target for that night. Your target is roleblocked. You and your target enter into a chat room which I shall send you the link to. You can talk to your prisoner and try to work out information from them. You must not reveal who you are or Breadcrumb in any way, to do so will result in a modkill. When the next Day Phase begins you have the option to let your prisoner go or to kill them. At any point during the next Day Phase, if you wish to kill them, PM me your instruction.

*important* If you fail to send me the name of your target during the Day Phase you will lose your ability for that night. You must send me a name BEFORE the end of the Day phase. *important*

Mod Note – If Jacqui attempts to jail the same person a second time they will be ready for the abduction and it will be a failed attempt.

Bo Ri Cho – Endless Vig

*hic* Oooooooh, heartburn. Best have another drink. *hic* Ahhhhh, that’s better. Fucking Outworld, fucking sons of fucking bitches. *hic* I tell you what I’m doing. *hic*. I’m gonna kill them all. *hic* That’s right, all of them. Me. Bo Ri Cho. *hic* Hero of Earthrealm. Where’s my Buckfast? *hic*

You are a Vigilante. During any Day Phase PM me the name of a character you wish kill and they will be killed immediately.

Mod notes – The person carrying out the action will never show as Bo Ri Cho, it will instead say the name of the player who is that character. If Bo Ri Cho targets Scorpion, Bo Ri Cho burps and dies a fiery death.

Bo Rai Cho is desperate for attention and an alcoholic. If he decides to kill 3 days in a row he will meet an ignominious end.

Sub-Zero – Awaiting Instructions

A life of loss has brouth you here. The loss of your family, passing onto you the Sub-Zero moniker. The loss of the clan brothers, brainwashed into accepting the removal of their humanity. But loss is only one side of a coin, and you have met others along this journey, those you proudly call your comrades in the fight for Earthrealm. A fight you will aid with your unique skill set. Though what that will be exactly, you still don’t know.

Your instructions are to lay low and wait, you will be sent further orders as and when necessary.

Mod note – If Jax dies, Sub-Zero will inherit his role.

Scum

Shao Khan - GF

You are so close you can almost taste it. You were brn to rule and rule you shall, not only Outworld, but also Edenia and, soon, Earthrealm. You have your champion, you have you lieutenants. Now all you need is one more victory, no matter how.

You are the Godfather. You choose who to send out for the kill each night as well as being immune to cop investigations. You may send any of the scum for the kill including yourself, however as soon as you make a kill your protection from a cop read is gone.

Shang Tsung – Role Thief

It’s that little metalic spark on the end of your tongue as you take the last of their soul which tastes so good. Their anguish almost made sweet. And now, on the cusp of greatness, are yet more souls for you to enjoy. Feast away, dark sorcerer.

You are a Role Thief. If sent for a kill, you absorb whatever role that player had and can use it on future nights.

Goro

Me Goro! Me Champion! BASH YOUR HEAD! Follow Khan! Do what Khan say. I scare you! ARRRGGGHHH!!! See. Me scare.

You are a Roleblock. Each night you choose who you wish to block.

Baraka – Cannoneer

As a Tarkata you know your place. Your race is nothing, tiny bugs there to serve your Emporer. Oh but how you serve him, with death and destruction, flesh tearing from the bone, limbs hacked off, screaming their last as you start with their legs and enjoy the flavour of each muscle as you work your way up. One, two, three, it makes no difference to you.

You are a Cannoneer. You have a unique ability to store up kills. For example, if on Night 1 the scum choose to save a kill, you may kill two the following night. Furthermore, if the scum decide to save a kill on Night 1 and Night 2, you may kill three the following night. And so forth. If kills are saved you must be the person to make the multiple kill. If anybody else is chosen, or if you are killed before you can carry outh the saved kills, they are lost forever.

Millena – Ninja

There you sit, loyal by your father’s side. The others may have abandoned him, abandoned you, but you remain. You remain for the glory, to be his true successor, to one day rule in his stead. And you shall help him get there. You shall kill for him, just like you always have.

You are a Ninja. Your incredible skills mean that if sent for a kill you cannot be tracked or watched.

Neutral

Scorpion – Arsonist

The pain never ends, your twisted, knotted flesh forever sending bullets of pain through your soul. Every minute of every hour of every day. And it will never end. But that’s okay, you can bring that pain to others. You will make them see what you see.

You are an Arsonist. Each night you will have to option to mark a target or to kill all targets you have previously marked. For example, if on Night 1 you targetd A, Night 2 you targeted B, Night 3 you targeted C and then on Night 4 you choose to kill them all, A, B and C will all die. You will PM every night with either a player to mark or the kill command.

You win when everybody else is dead.

Mod Note – If Scorpion targets somebody who is also targeted by another player, that player shall also be marked but it will not show up in the write up.

If Scorpion is investigated by Stryker before making a kill he will show up as not a threat to town.

M.Bison/The Outsider - Usurper

Where the hell are you? You just woke up in that green pit of goo. You remember being defeated, but not how or how you got here. But you learn quickly, you keep ear to the ground and learn of this Emporer, this Khan.

Maybe that’s a good place to start.

You are a Usurper. You must be part of a successful lynch on Shao Khan, who is *player*. You will receive further instruction based on success or failure.

Mod notes – If successful M.Bison will become the new GF. If any of the Mafia are dead by that point he will inherit their roles. If any mafia die subsequently and Bison is still alive he will inherit their role too.

If unsuccessful, M.Bison will become a Survivor.

Triborg – Jester

Shame, that’s what they’d feel if they could, shame. They were individuals, they were unique. Now, they are mashed together, not really anything except a shell of regret. It needs to end, it has to end. But their programming prevents self-destruction. If they are to die, they will need help.

You are a Jester.

You win by getting yourself lynched.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    He basically spilled the beans on his role by sharing too much direct info.

This was incredibly fun, JP. The flavor was wonderful, and I loved how it gave hints to EVERYTHING. The roles were really fun, and ultimately seemed for balance for these style of games. Mafia honestly had a run of bad luck that started with Jarrod getting roleblocked(when he never even used his kill). I felt this game definitely made us look more at behavior and voting patterns though, especially with the late reveals.

God, those late reveals were excruciating.

Another solid job from the new players, old ones getting right back into the groove, and a game where I survived AND had a pretty good game. I definitely had HHH and Badger as a blind spot, but I didn't think The Outsider was anti-town. Grim would have been suspect once all the reds were gone and I remember, "Oh yeah, any of these self-aligned fucks can easily look town." I'm glad I read Kev and Jordo as town on D1, though, and that never really wavered for me other than having to look at those who hadn't spoken up as much.

Props to Cewsh for calling the Godfather on D2. Extra props to Rip for killing the Jester D1. And in general, a lot of good play from different players. I also think town worked well in working together and sharing info. I felt like CWE and I were really cooperating, even if he had to keep a watchful eye on me the whole time.

I can not WAIT for MK vs. Street Fighter.

Also, JP, I'm assuming we can't know who The Outsider is due to next game spoilers? (Unless he was Akuma)
    Muchos love, bab.

The Outsider was revealed in the post game write up.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Had someone (JP ) told us that Cewsh fucked up our reviver, I might he tried a different strategy instead of basically telling scum to come kill me.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Can we get the scum qt?

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Muchos love, bab.

The Outsider was revealed in the post game write up.
    Somehow I missed that. When I learned he was an Usurper, that was my guess. God, I loved that role. Baxter in TMNT 1 was an Usurper, and Fro might have had a chance had scum not killed him by N2.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, awards...

MVP

Knee

It was a contested field, but I have to give it to the man who caused all of the destruction. The targeting of Fro, the bending of the breadcrumbing rules, embracing the randomised nature of his role and the destruction it brought. I've always loved Knees approach to these games and I think it flourished here like never before.

The Badger Award

Those long term players will know there used to be an award for worst player of the game. This was named after Virm following a catastrophic mistake in my first ever game which let the scum team I was a part of win. It was perhaps a little mean we kept it going for as long as we did, as Virm proved it to be an aberration and that he could be a very good player sometimes.

But now, and I don't care if we play these games until the end of time and he wins every motherfucking one of them, I officially rename the worst player award as The Badger Award.

Usurper.

I hate you.

Play of the game

As much as I hated it, Rip's kill of BBF on Day One was fucking incredible.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game Notes

I was expecting some PMs regarding roles and they have appeared. Knee and Pablo’s request for more specificity was sensible. Badger being confused over a simple lyncher role perhaps less so.

Some of these new town roles I find exciting. The Jailer’s ability to chat to their prisoner and potentially kill them could fall flat, but I think it’s worth a try. Knee and the traps could be a clusterfuck thanks to the slightly randomised nature of them. I loved the Reviver role from SF so have brought it back for this.

This games SK is such an interesting variant and I could not believe it when it showed Grim had been chosen for it. Little kinks with the role, until he kills a town member he won’t show up as a threat to town. Him marking players is an observable action, but until somebody dies nobody will know what that actually is. As usual, SK is the hardest but most fun role.

It can look like town is overpowered and scum very underpowered, but the specific nature of scum’s abilities means I think they are more than likely win this game. If I’m in scum, first night Shang Tsung makes a random kill to gain a power. Then, 3 nights no kill, followed by a Baraka whirlwind of death.

Pablo’s not using his role on the first night. If he dies N1 I will find him in real life and do the same.

Psycho carrying the day one action train which is almost always beneficial for town. Problem he has though is that kangus, who always jumps aboard, is scum. There’s a fair chance we see a town lynch on Day 1.

I think BBF has played his hand too quickly. His initial vote on Kev was very smart as it flew in the face of his usual actions, but changing to CWE straight after Grim putting a sensible plea for a No Lynch just looks erratic.

Kotre is sharp and pays attention. Definitely one to watch in future games.

Kotre has just suggested something I hadn’t thought of when creating roles. It is fucking genius. Holy fuckballs do I want the scum to do it.

Scum didn’t do it. They didn’t even send out Shang Tsung to get themselves another power, they went all in on Baraka immediately. I think it’s poor tactically and it’s also bitten them on the ass. Baraka, Jarrod, was roleblocked. And with no scum kill people will be wanting his head on a pike. Come the end of the day I fully expect scum to be down one having already wasted a kill.

I’m hoping people cotton on to Cassie being a Day Role which activates during the night. If not, Knee is going to confuse a lot of people when they can’t pin him down.

Knee wanted to target Fro. So I’ve let him target Fro. Fro isn’t playing.

CWE is losing his mind at the targeting of a player not playing.

Remember how I said scum were likely to win? We’re now just into Day Two and I guarantee they’re going to lose. They send Shang Tsung out on a kill and they have a full team, one town down and no suspects because a kill happened despite the block. They implement Kotre’s genius idea of a self kill and I’m pretty certain Jarrod would have been rezed by Kev. As it is, now their main secret weapon is getting lynched and a few of the sharper town will be looking at HHH’s post and thinking lololol scum.

I’ve always had a soft spot for Knee and he’s proving how sharp he is again. Breadcrumbing is not allowed anymore and so he’s changed up his tactic to let it be known he’s town. By asking to target Fro – you know, somebody not playing this time) he’s drummed up conversation, has jumped on it and anybody wanting to see the connection there will. I’ve facilitated it somewhat, but I am going to keep a track on it.

Pablo has decided to Jail Grim tonight. I already love him for how he’s approached this. Roles were randomised, so this could have gone to a relatively new player (Kev and being the Reviver comes to mind), but he has got this. So Grim’s going to be blocked, highlighting the absence of Scorpion. Makes his job so much harder.

This is all so different if they send Shang Tsung to kill N1. Rip vigged Jarrod (though, Rip’s being trigger happy, be careful bab) so the lynch has been freed up and the first person on the block is...you guessed it, HHH. Now, as long as Badger isn’t a doofus, this wouldn’t be too bad for scum. But, you know, Badger.

I am liking this HHH balls to the wall fight. Scum never defend scum, so there is a chance he’ll somehow fly under the radar. If he’s murky enough to get himself looked at next phase too, they’re in a less shitty spot than previously thought. Still pretty fucking shitty, mind.

Badger’s now posted in the thread and hasn’t got on the HHH train. Because of course he hasn’t.

Badger is on the train! I repeat, Badger is on the train!

Going to have to have a discussion about what breadcrumbing entails after this game. Knee plays around with the concept brilliantly, but it does take it to the limits and change what the game is into something else.

I went to Bed at 22:45 with the No Lynch on 4 votes, and they’d pushed it through by 00:15. Utter bastards. I kind of wish I hadn’t, as Grim and Pablo need to talk. Damn you Time Zones!

Virm brought it up yesterday and HHH has just suggested it too, it looks like the Scum will target Grim for the kill. Grim is Jailed tonight and therefore protected. If they go down this route, with a Day One kill wasted, one down already and surely HHH to follow in the next Day Phase, we’re looking at an historically bad scum performance.

Kotre thought of the genius plan to take Baraka’s skill and possibly have Baraka rezed by an unassuming town player, but they didn’t go for it. Now I’m waiting to see if they click on to BBF being revealed as a Jester and what that could have meant for them had they got that skill. Send Virm on a bloody kill already.

Now in scum chat they’re discussing using Shang Tsung on wardy and blocking Badger. Wardy is one of 3 players in the game without any powers. Another, Badger, is the one they want to block. Clusterfuck.

I’d forgotten Knee is trapping wardy with a flashbang. That means anything can happen. If it goes off as planned that would mean no kill for the scum two nights in a row. The trap could fail and wardy dies. The trap could go off as normal but be explosive instead, killing Virm. The trap could be explosive but also catch wardy in the blast, killing them both. Oh scum, or poor, poor scum.

I’m a dumb motherfucker. Forgot to get Cewsh’s target for the hider on Night One. To even it out, I’m going to request two targets for this phase.

And one of them is Grim. Cewsh is a lucky man today. And due to the specificity of the role, Grim can’t be chosen again. While the scum are being very unlucky, with Pablo convinced and the hider now unable to target him again, Grim might have a clear shot at this.

This Night Phase is complicated as fuck, made even more so because I’m dumbfuck who forgot Cewsh’s role yesterday and I’m trying to be fair. Ugh!

Oh scum, I’m so sorry. I’m so, so sorry. Trap was succesful. Trap was wrong trap.

Holy fuck it also took out wardy.

Knee is now voting for people not in the game. He’s done it twice this phase and I’m calling breadcrumbing if he does it a third time (all based on his targeting of a player outside the game). He has been warned previously and he questioned that warning, so he knows exactly where I stand on this. I really hope he doesn’t, as it’s a horrible thing to have to do, I love the bloody role, what it could end up being and how Knee is playing it. Also, on a not unrelated note, while he doesn’t know it, there’s a chance he could become an SK. Stop giving yourself away!

It is quite incredible how all this has unfolded so far. There are numerous players who have yet to be cleared from a single player, that is almost always a strong scum advantage. The fact Scum are already 2 down and 2 more are on the chopping block is absolutely incredible. They need Badger and his extra powers at some point.

Though, I’m a little worried Badger might celebrate a bit too quickly when they do lynch HHH. If he does, if he gets boastful, and then the write up shows one player’s change of alignment, it will be amazing and awful all at once.

Kotre is on fucking point. Scum listen to him Night One and they are killing this right now.

Surprised at the timidity of town right now and Badger’s lack of drive to push through a HHH lynch.

Kotre has jumped on this self scum lynch at possibly the worst time. He’s taken it over the mid range threshold which makes it more appealing to others.

I have never known anything like this. In the space of 20 minutes I received two Day Actions which have potentially turned this game completely on its head. Rip, not guessing he had a modifier, went for a kill third day on the trot, meaning he died, one town down. What made this all the more extraordinary, was that target for the kill was scum member kangus. Then, and this is what has blown my mind, Kev came in with his first res target and he only went and picked Virm. Virm has THE role the scum need to use. They need more roles to use themselves. The Jailer, The Revivor, The Arsonist, The Trapper etc. Psycho is onto Virm immediately because he’s smart, but there’s only 6 hours of the phase left. If Virm scrapes through what then to do is going to be very interesting. Do they risk the Block? It’s all gone bloody mental.

Badger thinks the scum resurrected Virm. This despite Raiden being in green. I believe in random meaning random. I don’t change roles to even out town/scum balance, the chips fall where they might. But fuck me, for the second game in a row Badger (of the, left me check, oh yes, two games he’s ever played) is likely to turn out to be the uber powerful scum GF (provided of course he can get this HHH lynch sorted). Sorry.

Badger being Jailed. He is so dead.

Badger just edited a post and Kotre trying to nudge me into modkilling him in scum chat. Little do they know they need Badger so badly alive.

But, if I’m honest, despite the craziness of earlier, this is still a walk in the park for town. Virm’s gonna be lynched before saying anything after being rezzed, Kotre, Kangus and HHH are all on town Radar, Badger will be pinned as M.Bison immediately when the reveal happens.

I. Hate. Badger. Genuinely I think mind is broken. He is in Jail. His role is called Usurper. His aim is to unseat Shao Khan. It doesn’t take a genius to work out he would replace Shao Khan as leader of the scum. Pablo’s first question is to ask his role. Badger responds with, let me check my notes, honesty. Yes, honesty. HgsdhjkakjghkjgkhefgkHAJJHDGVJHKADBCNM

Game’s over. The game is done with. Like, scum have got their arse kicked and this was their comeback potential. Chances are Badger had already revealed himself to some, but I cannot, he, HIS FUCKING ROLE LITERALLY SAYS USURPER! Why else would I tell you who the fucking GF is?

Cewsh hiding behind Kev could put the cat amongst the pidgeons. He’s going to die, Kev will look scummy and even if he doesn’t get lynched his rez skill will be gone.

Scorpion is marking Kotre, one of the three remaining scum. This has entered spoof game territory.

Badger has told Pablo his role is to lynch GF Shao Khan (HHH). HHH is being investigated by the cop tonight. You could not make this shit up.

Usurper. Usurper. To usurp. Every game, Badger, you die every game from now on.

Kangus wants to kill Grim. That’s bad for them. Or, that would be bad for them. They want to send Kotre out on the kill. Kotre is going to be roleblocked by kdestiny. Again, you could not make this up.

It gets worse. Well, not really worse, but slightly more comical. Kotre is going to be blocked so any target he tried would be a fail. But the target he’s now thinking of, CWE, is also being protected by the Doc tonight. I can’t. I just can’t.

I know I use a lot of modifiers, but more than usual are getting hit. This is just a really odd game.

Ah shit. Honest mistake from Pablo is, I’m pretty sure, going to result in a modkill.

Thought about it, Pabs has no benefit from his mistake and Grim, the man who does, isn’t even town. Bloody dafty, but a dafty who lives.

If this game has done anything it’s brought back the notion of “kill CWE you idiots”.

I hate Badger

Badger is thick as mince

When you read this feel the passion bab, FUCK YOU BADGER!!!11!111ONE1!!!

Usurper. To Usurp is to replace. You are a Usurper, your target is Shao Khan, who is Emperor. What would you guess happens after that, huh? I hope it’s still fun for the people playing, because for me it’s now a slow crawl towards inevitability.

Badger dead. Fuck you Badger.

Badger just sent me a nice PM, because he’s a nice lad who I’m happy has come aboard our geeky little train and will no doubt get better as he plays more games. Still though, fuck you Badger. You had the GOD ROLE and you done fucked it up.

A reminder to those catching up on this following the town walkover which is now (not quite, but almost) inevitable win, if scum follow Kotre’s genius plan Night One, this is a very different game. Same if they just send Shang Tsung for a general kill. They kill Pablo, they have the jailer skill, along with its kill command. They kill Rip, they have the Day Vig skill. They kill Kev, they can resurrect the dead. They kill Grim, peoples be dying quickly. They kill Knee, they get his traps to kill. Not using Shang Tsung N1 will go down in mafia history in the realm of bad plays.

I mean, don’t get me wrong, it’s not as bad as Badger fessing up to knowing who Shao Khan is and that he needed to lynch him when THE NAME OF HIS FUCKING ROLE WAS USURPER, but I don’t think anything is.

The Virm Award is dead. Long live The Badger Award.

Despite the scum being not the greatest this time around, there is a tiny chance for town not to win. Scum aren’t going to win, but Grim might. His job has been made harder by being jailed N2, so he has to watch his step to ensure it can’t be tied into to his inactivity that night, but he has a shot. He has a shot for one of the same reasons I thought scum had a good shot this game, there are lots of roles that cannot be definitively whittled down. There are a lot of players left with lots of potential roles left open. Grim needs to mark the players obviously town great spreadsheeters (CWE, Psycho, Pablo), hope they are also targeted on the same night to get some extra markings (though he has no idea of this). Ideally, final five, if I were Grim, I’d want Jordo, Kev, Stan and Judas. And I’d pray Stan investigates him before making a kill.

We’ve had three people jailed and only one of them has licked those prison windows. It's a bit of a ball ache, but it’s a role I’d love to have myself and would find very interesting the other side. Grim covered himself very well and escaped despite being the SK. HHH, who is GF, is claiming Raiden. Now, everyone and their mother had worked out was Kev. But, Kev hasn’t been targeted by scum. Ever. Also, HHH added a little flavour to the role and his “reasons” for choosing Virm giving some weird legitimacy. Thirdly, he’s been investigated. All in all I don’t think it will work, but that’ll be entirely down to the previous night’s tenent.

I’ll hold my hands up, I possibly might not have thought about how much damage the faulty trapper could cause. Because, fuck me, 4 people died in one night. 50/50 shots on the options may be too short.

Holy fuckadingle, Cassie has actually gone and killed both her parents. We’ve got ourselves a second SK.

Fuckery doodle.

Never, ever follow my advice on betting. Following last night’s madness Pablo is pushing for a No Lynch and, as of yet, hasn’t sent in a kill order. Did HHH muddy the waters enough to confuse Pablo while in Jail? Are scum, despite everything, despite only having one member still alive, still in this?

I have no idea who wins this now after being so absolutely sure town walks it for the longest time. Grim is flying mostly under the radar (though Pablo I think suspects given his second time targeting Grim [which Pablo doesn’t know will fail]) with two players left already marked. Knee is now an SK, and I bet he’s thanking his lucky stars I stopped him breadcrumbing more severely. 😀 Town should still win and are in the strongest position. Scum are probably done for given the reveal of Badger’s role and what Badger told Pablo (again, I hate you Badger), but even they still have a tiny chance.

HHH was doing so well too. And then he goes all, well, this. There’s a litany of massive mistakes in his recent ramblings, let’s go through them. Telling people not to worry about the scum is practically holding your hands up and saying, yep, it’s me! Going after Kev in any way, shape or form. ACTUALLY VOTING FOR KEV WHEN KEV ALREADY HAS HIS VOTE ON SOME BODY ELSE! Oh well, at least this terrible play is now consistent with the rest of the scum play from this game.

As if just to hammer this home, HHH has just posted a list of who he thinks everyone might be in the scum chat. Every one, every single one, is wrong.

We are going to get to the end of the game without a single scum kill. Amazing.

So, once again, a possibility I hadn’t considered during the creation of roles has popped up. Fucking genius me, aye. The two prepared in Day roles have both targeted the same person, Grim; Knee laying a trap and Jacqui Jailing him. Now, Jacqui’s jailing is destined to fail anyway due to the role modifier, but when would the trap be triggered? Thematically it would be when the attempt to grab prisoner took place, which I have been putting at the end of the Day Phase. So, that’s when it’s happening. Let’s see how it goes...

The numbers are still massively against them, but both SK’s now have a shot. Town should see this through, but you never know.

Knee has changed his mind and wants to trap Kev instead. I have a feeling that hands the game to town.

Pablo has now said HHH claimed Raiden. I might have to modkill. 🙁

I definitely have to modkill. 🙁 I PM’d Pablo about it and he knew he’d buggered up. He though HHH had softed Raiden, but I checked and nothing like it had taken place. Pablo agreed to edit that and all subsequent posts. I might have been able to leave it there, but both Knee and kdestiny have posted since Pablo’s post and I think that took it past the levels of allowable.

To make it absolutely clear, Jailer was one of the roles I was most excited about trying out and Pablo absolutely smashed it out of the park. By the end he’d realised Grim was Scorpion, got crucial information from Badger and was leading the town in the elimination of the final scum. Just want to publicly say thanks to Pablo for proving this role can work in this setting.

I think if Grim wants to win he has to set off his marks tonight. HHH dies today, Knee leads the charge on Grim tomorrow if he’s still alive. Grim does have a comeback to that if it happens, in that Scorpion hasn’t actually killed anyone, as where Cassie is piling up bodies.

Actually, thinking about it, I think Grim is now odds on favourite to win. Kev is all but clear, which leaves Stan with 3 choices to investigate. He investigates Grim, Grim shows clear as he hasn’t killed yet. He investigates Knee, Knee shows as a threat. Either of those ensure Grim survives another night and can activate his skill to burn them all. Now, if Stan investigates kdestiny I’d suggest Grim’s in trouble.

Stan’s investigating Kev. Go figure.

Knee has trapped Kev. Fuck.

It was the correct trap and it widened. Goodbye to Stan and Kev.

Not a single trap has failed to go off. When you’re on 50/50 chances that’s not outlandish (only 3 as well) but it really has pushed this game much quicker than it otherwise would have been.

How we got here is a mystery. But we have two SK’s, one who has yet to make a kill, and two town remaining, with four outcomes still possible. Town win, Grim win, Knee win and the fourth, nobody wins.

Right, so I’ve been busy today, and am now catching up with that day’s action. Kdestiny blocked Jordo last night. For the first time, there was no Nightwolf in the write up. Kdestiny has voted for Jordo. It is, without question, one of the (and I love kdestiny, my musical theatre brother) dumbest things I’ve ever seen in these games.

Kdestiny is one lucky bugger that Grim and Knee didn’t get on that before he got off.

Grim is playing oh so town here, appealing to Jordo. By pointing out the failed logic of kdestiny’s vote on him, it makes kdestiny look dodgy. I mean, if kdestiny had blocked Jordo, surely he’d have known he was clear?

I’ve just realised, if Grim would have used his kill command last night, he’d already have won.

No matter, he’s won. Grim has won. On his comeback to Mafia, Grim has won the most unlikely victory with a SK.

I joined these games because of Grim. They have been some of the most enjoyable times I have spent on these wonderful forums with such a wide range of beautiful people. The fact that Grim has won this utterly mental game, in the most unlikely of ways, after making his comeback after such a long time away, is leaving my throat more than a little tight.

Thank you to everyone who played. I understand my roles are a little hyperactive, my modifiers perhaps a touch excessive. I just hope you all enjoyed the ride.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple other things, it's hilarious that Scorpion marked other people who targeted his target, and it happened EVERY TIME HE ACTED.

Also, I LOVE that you actually would have had the Jester end the game. That's the way to do it. I think going forward, D1-D3 Jester lynches will continue the game, and everything after will definitely end it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    As soon as you voted Jordo, I went back and grabbed CWE's post incriminating you and made it you vs Jordo. I thought Knee would go on whatever had two votes so just had to make sure it wasn't me.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Psycho mentioned as a joke where was MK. I opened up Street Fighter and started to get ideas. 5 hours later I had every role finalised and the game ready to go.

I have written over 16,000 words in the creation of this, over 2 weeks, after a wait of 6 years.

I have fucking loved doing this. Sometimes things just click and fall into place, I'm very glad this did.

Thank you to everyone who played. Apologies to those who couldn't. Special apology to Fro, who in my excitement in my brain waking up its creative side, forgot to invite in to play despite him being an absolute mainstay of these games. I done fucked up there and I'm sorry for it.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

If this game has done anything it’s brought back the notion of “kill CWE you idiots”.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I would have been modkilled almost immediately with Pablo's role.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Badger in Jailer chat: "It's also why I didn't join the virm train right away. I was playing my role."

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I suspected the whole marking thing but couldn't be sure. Wish I'd been more anti town in my posts so I'd been investigated as well. Would have loved to have that in the bank after the GF was revealed.

I played so poorly from a game mechanics perspective and snuck out a victory appealing to logic and other people's mistakes.

I love these games and love you too, JP. This was awesome fun to get back into it.

Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It really was a treat, Grim. It was fun scum-busting with you, even if you weren't actually on our side.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I'm green in the end. Turns out I was on your side all along.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was so way off with everyone Bad start, thought I picked up in the middle, fucked it at the end.

Ah well.

Nice game, JP. I still hate you for this though. Foreverrrrrrrrr.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brilliant

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry everyone.

I'm a twat

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If only as soon as Badger's role was fully revealed did I remember I had the ability to kill HHH. Then I would have started the lynch train on Grim. When I had unvoted on HHH in the end it's because I had remembered my role. I just wanted him to bring up the whole bit about Scorpion not acting the one night I had Grim. You can even ask JP when he asked me to edit out everything I had told him what my plan was going to be.

Crazy game JP.

What would have happened if someone tried to RB me or Cassie? I assume our roles would have still gone through right?

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    australia
    I had knee excluded as Cassie because he WAS role blocked a night she was active. It was only late on I realised my error, completely missed his crumbs.

Worst winner ever

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah I didn't catch any of Knee's breadcrumbing. I think there's still the good chance us town would have lost even if I didn't slip up and got HHH and Grim out. I had zero read on Cassie.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean because of how my role worked I wouldn't have necessarily given Knee a complete pass on Cassie. But I think I would have messed up and targeted someone he had laid traps for.

Crazy how "unsuccessful" he was with his traps.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Thanos sees my spreadsheet:

I honestly had Raiden as the only role Knee could be, and I was flipping between Grim and Kev on my last night. Something about Cewsh’s death didn’t sit right so I went down that route. It was a moot point, I was dead anyway, but I’d like to apologise to Kev for getting him killed as well.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What part of "Kev is clean. Trust me.", don't you understand Stan?

and that goes to Kev for reviving Virm. And Cewsh for breaking our revival role.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't deny I fucked this one pretty bad and accept the Badger award humbly.

So when do I get my trophy?

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Day 1 next game.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Vote Fro

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Knee accomplished everything he set out to accomplish last night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Your spread sheet is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimario View Post
    I had knee excluded as Cassie because he WAS role blocked a night she was active. It was only late on I realised my error, completely missed his crumbs.
    I tired to tell you mate.

WWF Champion
    Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amazing effort JP.

Really enjoying these but one thing I will say that's annoying me a bit: I feel like you can try to play your best using knowledge of roles and such from previous games but then it all counts for nothing because Kneeneighbour is a reverse window cleaner with hidden modifiers and then his granny died so he got paranoid and got extra powers so he's now immune to bus drivers on even nights. Feels like you never know all the rules before you start playing. I'm assuming that's part of the game and something I'll just need to get used to I suppose but it fries my brain.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not all games are as complicated. It really depends who is running them. For instance I tend to run more straight forward games with fewer power roles. (Except Clue Games, those are special for their own reasons)

The more you play the more you will get the hang of things.

You didn't see me, right? HHHnFoley_Rulez's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wardy View Post
    Amazing effort JP.

Really enjoying these but one thing I will say that's annoying me a bit: I feel like you can try to play your best using knowledge of roles and such from previous games but then it all counts for nothing because Kneeneighbour is a reverse window cleaner with hidden modifiers and then his granny died so he got paranoid and got extra powers so he's now immune to bus drivers on even nights. Feels like you never know all the rules before you start playing. I'm assuming that's part of the game and something I'll just need to get used to I suppose but it fries my brain.
    I get what you mean but, at the same time, that's what makes it fun... what IF that's true? Then the logic against/for someone is dodgy.. or is it... is it like that? Or is it more.. THIS... but if it's that then this is why he is being odd and he is being quiet etc etc

It adds a bit to it, even if it's really frustrating!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you to everyone who played. Apologies to those who couldn't. Special apology to Fro, who in my excitement in my brain waking up its creative side, forgot to invite in to play despite him being an absolute mainstay of these games. I done fucked up there and I'm sorry for it.
    No need, I saw the thread during sign ups and decided to sit out. Or at least was contemplating it and then it filled up super quick! Either way, I'm pretty much always on here daily so I'm not one to need an invite.

It was fun to still be involved in a game I sat out.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So my theory on voting for you Fro was I wanted to put a vote down and see how things would appear in the write ups considering it was a day action. I also didnt want to hinder any information gathering on the first night. I wasn't sure if he would let me so I sent it in knowing I had a chance to change if I wanted to before the vote finalized. I had also asked about self targeting and was told no.

The bonus came when so many people talked about it early so I kept trying to keep it in conversation. Why would Cassie do that? Then hinted maybe she had a good reason. I also joked that it could be Virm or a new player so that some of the new players would look that direction. It started as a small move but it snowballed so quickly. The next day I voted for Fro jokingly and then did it again for another non player before deciding to reel it in.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeah I didn’t use my role night one because at that point I had no idea what roles were out there. Thinking back I probably should have.

Administrator
    Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game, JP. Really enjoyed it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    195 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Definitely a neat game. At some point I want to go back and read all thru it. Still don't think I ever read thru day one.