Results 7,601 to 7,700 of 8640

Thread: TNA Wrestling Thread

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeHunt View Post
    Matt has to delete TNA if there is a rebrand. Has to.
    Holy shit, YES. Just close out the show with him promising King Maxel a new kingdom and then he sits at a control panel deleting TNA history.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's kind of weird some of the top stars of TNA today are the midcard guys that just kind of circled around and did nothing of real worth around the same time as each other in the WWE. Drew, Lashley, Cody Rhodes, Sandow, it's almost looking like a WM 24 MITB match or something.

And did they ever truly explain the reason behind the name "Grand Slam Champion". The concept of the match doesn't fit the name at all.

One thing I fear with a guy like Corgan is does he fall victim to what Dixie fell victim to and that's just being too much of a mark to run the company properly? Now if the spoiler I read is any indication then I would like to think no and that he probably has quite the experience with that stuff in the music industry.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; October 5th, 2016 at 2:38 PM.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It's kind of weird some of the top stars of TNA today are the midcard guys that just kind of circled around and did nothing of real worth around the same time as each other in the WWE. Drew, Lashley, Cody Rhodes, Sandow, it's almost looking like a WM 24 MITB match or something.

And did they ever truly explain the reason behind the name "Grand Slam Champion". The concept of the match doesn't fit the name at all.

One thing I fear with a guy like Corgan is does he fall victim to what Dixie fell victim to and that's just being too much of a mark to run the company properly? Now if the spoiler I read is any indication then I would like to think no and that he probably has quite the experience with that stuff in the music industry.
    I believe Grand Slam Breakfast is a meal at Denny's, so perhaps the champion gets paid in Denny's meals.

First, you get the sugar darkhorse's Avatar
    then you get the power, then you get the women
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if the WWE gets the tape library, and Corgan rebrands the company...

...could there still be a Rise And Fall Of TNA DVD?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkhorse View Post
    So if the WWE gets the tape library, and Corgan rebrands the company...

...could there still be a Rise And Fall Of TNA DVD?
    I don't know. It's a different scenario than WCW and ECW. They actually died, it wasn't the same as what's possibly going to happen with TNA. They won't technically be dead they'll just have a new name. And for all we know it'll be Impact Wrestling which they've been using for awhile now. There's no "The End" to tell. And it's a weird situation if you think about it because let's say they do put out something on the Network or DVD's, in a way it's going to put some eyes on the "TNA" product Corgan would be doing so it could help them out. I'm sure since AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, etc. have come to the WWE that people who had never heard of them or hadn't seen them found some TNA stuff and then maybe went and watched the current TNA product. I'd like to believe that to be the case.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what he's asking though- when it does eventually die will the DVD get to happen...

I assume yes because WWE will buy the remaining tapes.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes because TNA will be dead here. Billy Corgan is essentially buying all their shit (rings, stage, tries, talent, tv deals) but he will be killing TNA/Impact likely creating something new, while WWE is purchasing (I assume) the intellectual property associated with the company up until a certain point, where the changeover would begin.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Yes because TNA will be dead here. Billy Corgan is essentially buying all their shit (rings, stage, tries, talent, tv deals) but he will be killing TNA/Impact likely creating something new, while WWE is purchasing (I assume) the intellectual property associated with the company up until a certain point, where the changeover would begin.
    Am I missing something, because this sounds like a win-win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by McBain View Post
    That's what he's asking though- when it does eventually die will the DVD get to happen...

I assume yes because WWE will buy the remaining tapes.
    I just think the scenario is different because ECW and WCW actually died, the talent didn't remain as a whole just under a different name. They didn't still have t.v. going on just under a different name. TNA aren't going to have a final send off ppv or t.v. show, it's just going to be like when they strayed from the NWA and renamed their belts from NWA-TNA to simply TNA.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Am I missing something, because this sounds like a win-win.
    Yeah, I love everything about this deal. Corgan gets the company, Dixie gets a payday, WWE gets the library for the Network/DVDs, and the talent don't lose their job. Win-win-win-win.

I just think the scenario is different because ECW and WCW actually died, the talent didn't remain as a whole just under a different name. They didn't still have t.v. going on just under a different name. TNA aren't going to have a final send off ppv or t.v. show, it's just going to be like when they strayed from the NWA and renamed their belts from NWA-TNA to simply TNA.
    Its more like Turner buying JCP & GCW and anything else in that area. He bought their talent, TV deals, equipment, and IP. Then he started WCW as something else. It's a similar concept here, except Ted Turner is Vince and Corgan.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I love everything about this deal. Corgan gets the company, Dixie gets a payday, WWE gets the library for the Network/DVDs, and the talent don't lose their job. Win-win-win-win.
    My question would be: what's the timeline of the library? Does this go all the way up to the tapings up until the sale/transaction or an earlier date? The former would be incredibly intriguing, you've got some of your recently departed guys back on the Network, plus you get all of the Broken Matt Hardy gold.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My question would be: what's the timeline of the library? Does this go all the way up to the tapings up until the sale/transaction or an earlier date? The former would be incredibly intriguing, you've got some of your recently departed guys back on the Network, plus you get all of the Broken Matt Hardy gold.
    im super curious about this considering they're currently taping stuff to last through year'a end right now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im super curious about this considering they're currently taping stuff to last through year'a end right now.
    If there's truly a clean slate and they're just moving forward under a new brand, I can see why they'd have enough time to create a finale of sorts. With that, the library, including that finale, would be up for grabs. Getting the Hardy stuff on the Network would be huge.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So even when TNA dies, it still lives on?

Run it better Corgan.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is definitely an interesting detail in this whole deal. Would be weird if the deal goes up through BFG 2016 because they couldn't really discuss any of what JUST happened in their company, but if there is some arbitrary deadline of where WWE's purchase would end and where would Impact Wrestling maintain control, where do they plant that date? The Broken Hardy stuff would be great for them to get their hands on, but I could honestly see Vince & Co wanting maybe through the Spike years FOR NOW. Ever since Spike, the product has been weird and has been lacking serious appeal, and the big names that Vince would want to use footage of were gone by then. This company will one day die completely, probably sooner than Corgan hopes, so if Vince makes a purchase of the library, except for maybe the last year or so, he will still eventually get it all.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know why companies like ROH, TNA and EVOLVE wouldn't just sell archive footage for cheap, the DVD trade is pretty much obsolete for old stuff, to the point of not being worth printing, and being accessible on the Network would lead to exposure. Basically, fuck all bad can come about from selling archive footage to a platform with tremendous reach. I'd love to see ROH 2002-2011 up, maybe have the archives be 5 years or older.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does the TNA library include "NWA-TNA" and "Impact Wrestling?" If I'm Corgan, I'm trying to retain at least some form of library for the production crew to use.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah fuck it. Forget this tarnished legacy and move the fuck on.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Holy shit, YES. Just close out the show with him promising King Maxel a new kingdom and then he sits at a control panel deleting TNA history.
    please let this happen.
    TAPS AFF!

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    didn't corgans last company fail

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd assume the Tape Library would be to a certain point or could it be that WWE just want certain individuals or TNA retain any footage featuring current roster guys - Hardys, Abyss etc spring to mind. The end of the Spike deal in 2014 would seem a good cut off point or even end 2013 when both AJ and Sting finished in TNA.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I quite like the Smashing Pumpkins. The last album was fantastic.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Nah fuck it. Forget this tarnished legacy and move the fuck on.
    That's my thought with the idea of keeping the library, too. You're going to be establishing something entirely new, even with existing characters. You've got to wash away the past and have a clean slate.

It's an indirect form of promotion if it's on the Network, so I could see that as a form of hesitation from WWE in purchasing it. That said, it's not like at this stage in the game that's really shifting the balance of power. It's a worthwhile investment.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    TNA tapings for today and tomorrow have been moved to saturday and a double taping on Sunday due to hurricane Matthew

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Matthew up to no good once again.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    didn't corgans last company fail
    No. It's still around he just isn't part of it anymore. Not to mention it was nowhere near the level of TNA. You are probably thinking about the reality show based around him being part of the company that AMC picked up but then decided not to do it shortly after. I think that mainly had to do with AMC straying from anything that was reality t.v. based outside of Talking Dead and Comic Book Men.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aron Rex vs. Baron Dax

really?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinner View Post
    Aron Rex vs. Baron Dax

really?
    Tannor Blex
    Alan Taxor
    Blane Stabo
    Chesticles Bullprod

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slambo Thickens
    Bodrick Fuelpex
    Knight Longman
    Jax Granule

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #BrokenUniverse

Also looks like they're starting their own Trios division. Team X Gold (DJZ, Braxton Stutter, and Mandrews) & The Helms Dynasty (Trevor Lee, Andrew Everett, and Marshall Rocket) are the only teams I know of so far.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Josh Matthews' voice is the most annoying sound in the world.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apparently, there are plans to do an episode of "Matt Hardy presents Impact", where they'd be tape impact at the Hardy compound. Sounds amazing. I want shots of everyone arriving utterly confused and slightly disturbed.

This could also be where TNA/Impact finally gets "deleted" to make way for the new brand.
    Last edited by Hero!; October 10th, 2016 at 8:11 AM.

Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put an episode on the other day and my missus asked me to explain the Hardy's stuff. I really tried but....I couldn't

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently, there are plans to do an episode of "Matt Hardy presents Impact", where they'd be tape impact at the Hardy compound. Sounds amazing. I want shots of everyone arriving utterly confused and slightly disturbed.

This could also be where TNA/Impact finally gets "deleted" to make way for the new brand.
    It gives more meaning to Matt's Broken Universe comment.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    "That's not wise, Mr. White"

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Matt Hardy seems to have some way out ideas and with him seeming to have creative control over his angles, I wonder whether he could possibly become head booker for TNA or even buy into the company with Jeff and become partners with Billy Corgan to buy out Dixie. Matt has said that he is fairly financially set and buying into TNA would be within his ability, also I'm sure he'd know the value of their tape library so if that was ever sold onto the WWE he'd make an instant return on his investment.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think investing into TNA is a wise idea.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I dont think Matt wants to purchase TNA in actuality, just in storyline, so he can delete it and give Billy a way to get rid of the "TNA" name like he wants/

#BROKEN Matt Hardy@MATTHARDYBRAND 1h1 hour ago
    I am interested in purchasing @IMPACTWRESTLING if the owners will sell to me.I would inject my #BROKENBrilliance into every iota of it.

#BROKEN Matt Hardy@MATTHARDYBRAND 1h1 hour ago
    If I buy, 1st move is to DELETE the OBSOLETE TNA acronym.The poor play on words retards the brand from reaching its full potential.#TND

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNA never really hit the point where they became a household name so there's no shame in changing the name. It would literally be something only the hardest of the hardcore would even know about. Yeah you could probably say something to someone who watched the product years ago and say "Yeah they USED to be TNA but then they were bought out and the name was changed". Other than that, it's time to fucking change the name. They should have just said fuck it and changed it when they were doing the whole "Impact Wrestling" overhaul but maybe Spike and TNA reps thought the brand was still strong and didn't want to start from scratch, idk.

Here for the Horsewomen
    Somebody get this freakin duck away from me!!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am very excited over Total Nonstop Deletion. #TND

According to spoilers, Broken Matt is inviting "tag teams from across time and space" to show up.

Broken Matt is top 5 in the world, easily.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol, the Days of the New. Miss that band. Well it wasn't really a band but Travis Meeks was on an episode of Intervention once upon a time.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The idea of Matt deleting TNA and Billy then starting a new company from scratch is a great idea. But how would they recognise legacy events like HOF people - Earl Hebner, Gail Kim etc. Would the titles be vacated and new ones created as we'd assume the same title categories would go forward.

I could imagine Matt saying " I have totally deleted the Action which is None Stop".

Must admit Broken Matt is probably the best character Matt has had in his 20 year odd career, he was a face Champion and a heel Champion in the last year but nothing as good as this. Jeff has been happy to play 2nd fiddle to Matt in the storyline after many years of being the bigger star of the duo. I think that Broken Matt character has a good way to run and Matt seems to be having a lot of fun playing it.
    Last edited by hitster; October 13th, 2016 at 7:26 AM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    croatia
    Quote Originally Posted by hitster View Post
    The idea of Matt deleting TNA and Billy then starting a new company from scratch is a great idea. But how would they recognise legacy events like HOF people - Earl Hebner, Gail Kim etc. Would the titles be vacated and new ones created as we'd assume the same title categories would go forward.
    They should get rid of people like hebner if they are doing a full reset and all the numerous stupid titles that no one cares about, oh and the 6 sided ring. In fact i would get rid of everything that reminds people of TNA.

tag team, Jr's, Women, Main event and Matt Hardy being bonkers. No stupid rules for matches or titles, No mcmahon style authority figure/owner of the company, more GRADO fighting Kangaroos.
    TAPS AFF!

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    After the 6 side ring, he's the 2nd thing I'd get rid of.

He's definitely got the most annoying wrestling announcer voice IMO in the history of wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really rooting for the 6 Sided Ring to be Deleted. I think the wrestling as a whole would get better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now Billy Corgan is suing Dixie Carter and TNA. This is going to end very well.

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=105347

UNSTOPPABLE. UNBEATABLE. Judas Iscariot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fucking shambles.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooolTNA

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's a work.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol TNA

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What in the god damned fuck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This....is....

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So, if I'm reading this correctly, there are 2 lawsuits launched against TNA/Dixie? One by Billy, one by AO1 productions. I guess if she won't just sell and settle debts, they're gonna force her hand. Amazing.

ALBERTO DEL RIO *WINK* Cold_Hearted_Truth's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a fucking mess.

TNA owes so much money to others that Corgan paying a dollar for it would be a dollar too much

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. They are actually going to have to pry TNA out of her hands.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Grand Championship match

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNA allegedly outright ignored 5 of Audience Of One's requests for payments between April 11 and May 2, per court documents

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dixie has basically been borrowing as much money from one person as she can, and when that well ran dry she'd ghost them and move on to another money mark.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And she would have gotten away with it too, if it weren't for those meddling lawsuits!

Seriously, while I applaud her for FINALLY acting like a professional wrestling promoter...how the fuck did she think this was going to end?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Gonna say their fucked at this point.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like The Fight Network is who paid for Bound For Glory and the last set of TV Tapings

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I just really hope they let Matt delete tna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Looks like The Fight Network is who paid for Bound For Glory and the last set of TV Tapings

Christ Almighty. This company keeps fucking surviving, and I don't know how.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly I think this is it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As bad as it is to say I'd just wish TNA die at this point.

I feel bad for the people who'd be losing their jobs, but TNA has been dying for like 2 years now.
    It's like chinese water torture waiting for the inevitable.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying their dead anymore.

Impact will have a home on the Food Network by January.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So i didn't watch impact but apparently some wrestlers came out to no music due to licensing issues with their main composer.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yupp, just read that. Doesn't surprise me as Dale Oliver, their main composer, works under Serg Salinas, Dixie's husband.

This is a fucking shit show.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not saying their dead anymore.

Impact will have a home on the Food Network by January.
    I'd love to see Guy Fieri have some sort of on-screen role. That'd be perfect

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to feel bad for the wrestlers but you know what, TNA has been the slowest sinking ship for a few years now and the ONLY reason these wrestlers are going to TNA is due to the t.v. exposure, no matter how little it is. So no, I don't feel bad for anyone whether it's paid people like Cody Rhodes, Sandow, Lashley, the Hardyz, all the way down to Mia Yim and Trevor Lee. I feel worse for the fans who are still clinging on. I used to be one, even though I have maybe seen one episode in 2 years. I just wanted more variety for wrestlers but shit, TNA isn't exactly variety when the only thing that is different than what Vince does is TNA has the dumbass championships nobody knows the rules for lol.

The Machine
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So a subsidiary, associate, partner, whatever, with the Fight Network paid for the most recent tapings. Interesting.
    A) What is Dixie "selling"/promising to these debtors for the life preserver they keep throwing her? and
    B) Why do more people keep deciding to pony up the money if there is evidence (and now an official legal record) of her skipping out on making prior payments?!

I understand there are contracts among these various parties that probably make it more beneficial for the company to continue to exist and produce content, and I guess giving a loan now probably appears easier to deal with than trying to pursue some default payment if TNA closes up shop and does not honor their contracts, but damn...This is straight up "throwing good money after bad". I'm just talking about the financial behavior of the company, not necessarily the content of the company. Beyond all the bonkers titles, etc., the content has been the least of their problems for a while.

Dixie & Co appear more and more to be raving lunatics when it comes to their business mind and I can see where these reports of fractures backstage are coming from. With how limited the info us "fans" get about what goes on behind the scenes, I would really love to be a fly on the wall around Dixie and just peer into her thought processes.

As ND kind of said, I don't necessarily feel bad for the performers that sign on to be a part of TNA, it was their decision to jump on the deck of the Titanic at midnight. I do kind of feel bad for all of them having their names associated with all of this legal/financial drama due to working there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Corgan filed a restraining order.

The TNA story is gonna make a great book one day.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The rise and fall, and fall, and fall of TNA! Rolls right off the tongue.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What rise?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    The rise would be the company starting and going from a weekly ppv to a tv deal. Oh, and then hulk Hogan coming in.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Another real problem on the horizon for Impact Ventures, LLC is related to the ongoing pay issues. We've reported for years now that TNA has had trouble paying their talents, and apparently this weekend is a big pay period for the company. The story is that they were given money to pay for the recent Impact Wrestling tapings but there is no confirmation that they were given enough to pay talents. This would cause a breach of contracts, which would then make everyone a free agent. Dave Meltzer adds that some talents are prepared to declare themselves free agents and begin negotiating with other companies next week if they are not paid.
    Oh my.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think Hogan arriving was the peak for TNA, it's been downhill since.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If TNA wasn't ran by a fucking mark like Dixie Carter they'd be in a much better place....maybe. I also think if maybe Spike promoted the product a little better and not just use TNA to get their other shit over like they were doing as TNN with ECW and WWF, maybe they'd be in a better place in terms of name value as a brand.

Me personally though, I just think wrestling just isn't popular enough to really have a big competitor for the WWE. By the time TNA was really making some steam, a lot of mainstream fans were done with pro wrestling and were watching other shit. It was almost a little too late. Even now, the most interesting part of the show is something that 10 years ago motherfuckers would have thought was brought to you by a backyard wrestling federation not a global company with television deals in 70 countries and has had name value like Hogan, Sting, Flair, the list goes on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now the state of Tennessee is looking to collect on some unpaid taxes...

http://www.sescoops.com/exclusive-tn...-strikes-back/

This is the greatest spectacle of 2016 in wrestling.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    How exactly does all this happen? Is TNA office personnel this blind?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    How exactly does all this happen? Is TNA office personnel this blind?
    I'd guess they told Dixie several times what she owes in taxes but she put off the debt hoping to find someone to pay it for her.

What's really sad here is that it appears as though this promotion could have gone on. Dixie could have said yes to the offers that would have gotten her paid, paid off her creditors, given the tape library to Vince and the promotion itself to Corgan. Instead it seems like Dixie would rather let the ship sink than allow anyone but her to captain it to shore.

Selfish, immature, shortsighted decision making that looks like it may finally put an end to TNA for good. I mean once tax collectors are beating at the door that usually means death for a business right?

*This just in. Impact's new home on The Food Network has been confirmed and Bobby Flay will be the new head chef/general manager.*

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I honestly thought this shit was a work at first but not anymore.

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd guess they told Dixie several times what she owes in taxes but she put off the debt hoping to find someone to pay it for her.

What's really sad here is that it appears as though this promotion could have gone on. Dixie could have said yes to the offers that would have gotten her paid, paid off her creditors, given the tape library to Vince and the promotion itself to Corgan. Instead it seems like Dixie would rather let the ship sink than allow anyone but her to captain it to shore.

Selfish, immature, shortsighted decision making that looks like it may finally put an end to TNA for good. I mean once tax collectors are beating at the door that usually means death for a business right?

*This just in. Impact's new home on The Food Network has been confirmed and Bobby Flay will be the new head chef/general manager.*
    Well at least Bobby Flay has Gail Kim's husband to feud with.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    haha. That Robert dude looks like he felt like he had to roid up like a motherfucker so Gail wouldn't fuck other wrestlers. He's a big fucking dude and just keeps getting bigger.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only silver lining is that we got the fantastic Broken Hardy storyline which couldn't have been done in any other promotion. When TNA finally ends, Matt and Jeff can run with it somewhere else and continue the Broken Era.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    The only silver lining is that we got the fantastic Broken Hardy storyline which couldn't have been done in any other promotion. When TNA finally ends, Matt and Jeff can run with it somewhere else and continue the Broken Era.
    WWE broken Hardys are going to be god awful. They won't understand the cheap effect silliness of it and will ruin everything.

It's happening though. I know it is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Broken Matt in WWE....You know how people say the US butcher the remakes of Japanese horror movies, I would compare it to that. Or imagine a Hollywood big budget remake of a Troma movie like Class of Nuke 'Em High or Redneck Zombies. Sometimes that low budget aspect of it really sells. Compare the first Nightmare On Elm St or Evil Dead with the "remakes". Think of Phantom Menace versus New Hope. The WWE even tried their own approach to the B Movie wrestling segment with New Day v. The Wyatts. I can honestly see the WWE looking at the Deletion stuff and going "Imagine what we could do on a bigger budget!" They probably don't get why it was actually so appealing.

The character work, you know if the WWE didn't try to script the fuck out of it, I think it would actually work out pretty well. I think the obvious money feud would be the Hardyz v. The Wyatts.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Poduction companies, rock stars, and now the government are all suing TNA. Who the fuck is next, Jesus Christ?

Mentioned
    445 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Broken Matt in WWE....You know how people say the US butcher the remakes of Japanese horror movies, I would compare it to that. Or imagine a Hollywood big budget remake of a Troma movie like Class of Nuke 'Em High or Redneck Zombies. Sometimes that low budget aspect of it really sells. Compare the first Nightmare On Elm St or Evil Dead with the "remakes". Think of Phantom Menace versus New Hope. The WWE even tried their own approach to the B Movie wrestling segment with New Day v. The Wyatts. I can honestly see the WWE looking at the Deletion stuff and going "Imagine what we could do on a bigger budget!" They probably don't get why it was actually so appealing.

The character work, you know if the WWE didn't try to script the fuck out of it, I think it would actually work out pretty well. I think the obvious money feud would be the Hardyz v. The Wyatts.
    I thought the Evil Dead remake was excellent. Also, not all Japanese horror remakes were terrible, the Ring was solid stuff.

I'm saying that not everything that WWE touches could turn to shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poduction companies, rock stars, and now the government are all suing TNA. Who the fuck is next, Jesus Christ?
    This just shows how much of a mark Dixie really is. She has her head so far up her own ass that she can't even see that she's been fucking this company in the ass with a razor blade covered baseball bat. She gives those shitty interviews that are more rehearsed than Hillary Clinton at a debate. She doesn't love pro wrestling, she doesn't even love TNA, she loves being "important". That's why instead of worrying about TNA she was dumping money into trying to get a reality show about her life off the ground and before that tried to get on one of those Real Housewives shows. She wants to be a celebrity and this same fucking approach is what fucked Bischoff I don't give a fuck what he says. The only positive is that Bischoff was actually a fan, a legit fan, which is kind of why he also fucked himself because he went from being a 3rd string announcer to the man with almost all the stroke on a t.v. show disguised as a wrestling company. And Bischoff was the shit, fuck Vince, Bischoff was the first "evil authority figure", Vince's shit came over a year later.

Dixie. I'd fuck the shit out of her, I almost blew a load when Bubba powerbombed her through a table, but damn she should have stuck with her role back in the day which was sitting out in the crowd, with the fans, enjoying the show she's helping to fund.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I thought the Evil Dead remake was excellent. Also, not all Japanese horror remakes were terrible, the Ring was solid stuff.

I'm saying that not everything that WWE touches could turn to shit.
    I'm just thinking a lot of times when they try to take something someone did outside of the WWE and make it their own thing, they tend to really fuck it up or water it down. I'm not saying all Japanese horror remakes sucked, The Ring was awesome, The Grudge was cool, but the Japanese versions were a little more low budget and scarier. Evil Dead remake, I didn't mind it, but it was too pretty. It's like when you would hear Nirvana compare Nevermind to In Utero, Nevermind according to Kurt was too polished like it was a Motley Crue record whereas In Utero had that grimey Albini sound that they were going for. Sometimes less is more and I don't know if the WWE would fully embrace that aspect. But I mean it's not like everything Broken does is B movie low budget, it's rare. It's just the track record of butchering gimmicks they didn't come up with is what scares me.

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Dixie. I'd fuck the shit out of her, I almost blew a load when Bubba powerbombed her through a table

Banned
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd beat that shit up too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since we have having a"locker room" talk, id like to say , that i would grab her by her pussy

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd have rage sex with Dixie, why not?

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this is the locker room, i think I'll just change in my car...