User Tag List

Page 138 of 140 FirstFirst ... 128134135136137138139140 LastLast
Results 13,701 to 13,800 of 13972

Thread: The WWE Signing/Release thread

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s all opinions and nothing wrong with seeing things differently. Charlotte is Charlotte and see her as the top tier in-ring work wise. I will admit I love Bayley a bit more in the ring now because of her heel work though so bumped her up. She was also a great NXT babyface as well as Sasha being a great NXT heel. Two to tango and all that and they were both good. Bayley when called up could’ve been that good underdog babyface too but some of the booking on her upon call-up was really bad like that whole Alexa feud for example where she was made to look like a pussy.

Sasha I think is such a good heel along with Bayley and her promos are very good. Still very good as a face too. That’s why I rate her highly as a character.

It’s not I feel like there’s a great disparity between the four in the ring IMO, just little things. I still rate Sasha very highly like I rate all four. It’s cool if others feel differently.
    Last edited by Badger; June 17th, 2022 at 7:28 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They all 4 offer something completely different than the other. It's nice to see women's wrestling in the WWE not be so cookie cutter. The early days stand out because the women were all different. Lita, Trish, Jazz, Victoria, Ivory, and Molly Holly all offered something different and yet it always worked. Then there was a period of time where just like the men a lot of new talent coming up from developmental all kind of did the same shit. They looked somewhat different, but only a couple really stood out (Beth, Mickie James,Nattie, Michelle McCool, Gail Kim) and those women were too good for the likes of Maria, Eve Torres, or even Melina.

That's why I feel for Paige and AJ Lee. They were at the lowest point in WWE women's wrestling. Trish an Lita retired, Mickie, Victoria, and Gail Kim were in TNA killin it. But they made the most of it especially AJ who imo was more over not wrestling. Now you're just like holy shit you might have a few duds that work a basic women's WWE style but everyone else for the most part offer a unique element.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    People like Sasha, FTR, it's still real to them damnit.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just heard that Logan Paul has signed a contract with WWE for multiple PLE's across 22/23.

I'd rather they had signed Bad Bunny

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Logan vs. Miz is going to be a banger of a match. Would like to see Logan mix it up with Ciampa, Nakamura and Lashley as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Just heard that Logan Paul has signed a contract with WWE for multiple PLE's across 22/23.

I'd rather they had signed Bad Bunny
    Why?

Bad Bunny was pretty whack. I do like the fact he can move merch though. Sold the fuck out of some shirts.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't wait for Logan Paul to join the Bloodline

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also signed MMA fighter Valerie Loureda.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good analysis/bad process signing for WWE with Logan Paul. One on hand, he gets the business and can easily be construed as a big star to bring into the company. He easily exceeded expectations at the Mania match, as well. On the other hand, this goes to show that WWE has bungled opportunities to create stars of their own through their own maligned booking to the point they have to find these types of acts outside of the company to really help these stadium show aspirations they have. Guys like Paul and McAfee can help bring butts into seats in those larger venues, so it’s smart to go that route. Use them sparingly and it’ll likely produce results. The only concern I have is if Paul works himself into thinking his popularity can make him a face. There were rumblings about that after Mania and I can’t see the audience buying that.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Logan Paul was great at Mania, took me by surprise anyway! I think he leans into the hate on social media somewhat and people buy it

Totally agree he should be used sparingly. First things first, revenge on Miz at Summerslam.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tricky but knowing how good a heel Miz is, I could see the general non-Twitter public getting behind him as a face but as a short-term.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Good analysis/bad process signing for WWE with Logan Paul. One on hand, he gets the business and can easily be construed as a big star to bring into the company. He easily exceeded expectations at the Mania match, as well. On the other hand, this goes to show that WWE has bungled opportunities to create stars of their own through their own maligned booking to the point they have to find these types of acts outside of the company to really help these stadium show aspirations they have. Guys like Paul and McAfee can help bring butts into seats in those larger venues, so it’s smart to go that route. Use them sparingly and it’ll likely produce results. The only concern I have is if Paul works himself into thinking his popularity can make him a face. There were rumblings about that after Mania and I can’t see the audience buying that.
    It's comments like these that make me wonder if certain fans have short term memory loss and can't remember the last 40+ years of just the WWE, not even talking about other companies over the years.

I'm no fan of the Paul Brothers. I'm not a fan of Miz v. Logan Paul as they're both incredible heels. That's why I thought the Mania ending was dumb. But I also don't really know what kind of positive following Logan Paul has. Does he have legit fans or just people who want to tune in to see him hopefully get knocked out?

But going back to what BG said. Why does every situation where an "outsider" is signed whether that's Ronda, Bad Bunny, Logan Paul, why does it always go back to WWE's current state of affairs where they supposedly can't create stars. Maybe if people started living in the present and not 2002 we'd be better off. Star power is all subjective. There have been very very few real stars in my lifetime.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It's comments like these that make me wonder if certain fans have short term memory loss and can't remember the last 40+ years of just the WWE, not even talking about other companies over the years.

I'm no fan of the Paul Brothers. I'm not a fan of Miz v. Logan Paul as they're both incredible heels. That's why I thought the Mania ending was dumb. But I also don't really know what kind of positive following Logan Paul has. Does he have legit fans or just people who want to tune in to see him hopefully get knocked out?

But going back to what BG said. Why does every situation where an "outsider" is signed whether that's Ronda, Bad Bunny, Logan Paul, why does it always go back to WWE's current state of affairs where they supposedly can't create stars. Maybe if people started living in the present and not 2002 we'd be better off. Star power is all subjective. There have been very very few real stars in my lifetime.
    I think Logan is actually one of the long-term things they could be planning out here. Yes he’s an incredible heel but pairing him up potentially getting revenge on Miz results in even more publicity from two social media moguls. It’ll do great either way for the social media fanbase

They have the potential to create stars. Injury bug/release bug they’ve still got a great bucketload of talent IMO. I don’t know if this is due to ratings, panic or laziness but at times they seem a bit unwilling to create
    more new stars. Some talent get injured and they go back to same ole same ole or they get an outsider/part-timer in to put the plaster over the wound. They’ve still got control of the wrestling market. What’s stopping them from taking a chance on someone else?
    Last edited by Badger; July 1st, 2022 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think Logan is actually one of the long-term things they could be planning out here. Yes he’s an incredible heel but pairing him up potentially getting revenge on Miz results in even more publicity from two social media moguls. It’ll do great either way for the social media fanbase

They have the potential to create stars. Injury bug/release bug they’ve still got a great bucketload of talent IMO. I don’t know if this is due to ratings, panic or laziness but at times they seem a bit unwilling to create
    more new stars. Some talent get injured and they go back to same ole same ole or they get an outsider/part-timer in to put the plaster over the wound. They’ve still got control of the wrestling market. What’s stopping them from taking a chance on someone else?
    They do create stars. I just think some fans haven't snapped out of the reality that this isn't 1999. It's not even 2009. And again, star power in this day and age is probably even more subjective than it was 20-30 years ago. When you look at entertainment, it does feel like they rely on the past more than the present. Movies especially. They're not just still using some of the same top actors from the 80's and 90's, but they're even rehashing movies that aren't even 30 years old.

In wrestling, all the top draws are almost 99% the talent that traveled through the WWE universe. That's why a guy like PAC can get 7 figures. He didn't get that money because of his pre-roid run in PWG or the Euro indies. Jon Moxley isn't getting 7+ figures because of his killer work in CZW and HWA. So to say they don't create stars...I don't agree. Even 20+ years ago during the Attitude Era, it was the brand, it was WRESTLING that was hot. You had guys who came out of huge like Austin and The Rock but many others are just "stars" because they just happened to be in the WWF at the hottest time in wrestling.

That's why I always defend Koko. That's how I even won a debate defending Koko. Koko B Ware might not have been shit in terms of the booking, but he was in the WWF during a mega popular time where everyone was getting shine. Would I call Koko B Ware a star like Hogan? Nope. Just like I wouldn't call Road Dogg a star like Austin.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They do create stars. I just think some fans haven't snapped out of the reality that this isn't 1999. It's not even 2009. And again, star power in this day and age is probably even more subjective than it was 20-30 years ago. When you look at entertainment, it does feel like they rely on the past more than the present. Movies especially. They're not just still using some of the same top actors from the 80's and 90's, but they're even rehashing movies that aren't even 30 years old.

In wrestling, all the top draws are almost 99% the talent that traveled through the WWE universe. That's why a guy like PAC can get 7 figures. He didn't get that money because of his pre-roid run in PWG or the Euro indies. Jon Moxley isn't getting 7+ figures because of his killer work in CZW and HWA. So to say they don't create stars...I don't agree. Even 20+ years ago during the Attitude Era, it was the brand, it was WRESTLING that was hot. You had guys who came out of huge like Austin and The Rock but many others are just "stars" because they just happened to be in the WWF at the hottest time in wrestling.

That's why I always defend Koko. That's how I even won a debate defending Koko. Koko B Ware might not have been shit in terms of the booking, but he was in the WWF during a mega popular time where everyone was getting shine. Would I call Koko B Ware a star like Hogan? Nope. Just like I wouldn't call Road Dogg a star like Austin.
    I do see a lot where you’re coming from here and on a personal note, I fucking loved that Koko debate you and @mth had. It was thiiiiis close and I do want to see the debates back but even with your 8 people in the tie narrowing down suggestion which was a good one, I still only had a few reply in my feeling out thread. I get shit happens and we’re older but if there’s more demand, I may resurrect by next year.

Anyway I digress. Not creating new stars is maybe a bit unfair on my part admittedly. Bianca is a star for example. Riddle’s definitely getting there. But it still feels somewhat restricted despite the roster. It seems like if one or two of their planned pushes fail due to outside circumstances/injury, they seem to hit the panic button somewhat despite being in control. There’s a plan but not much of a plan B or C outside bringing in part-time help or whatever’s.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE is the star, baby.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do see a lot where you’re coming from here and on a personal note, I fucking loved that Koko debate you and @mth had. It was thiiiiis close and I do want to see the debates back but even with your 8 people in the tie narrowing down suggestion which was a good one, I still only had a few reply in my feeling out thread. I get shit happens and we’re older but if there’s more demand, I may resurrect by next year.

Anyway I digress. Not creating new stars is maybe a bit unfair on my part admittedly. Bianca is a star for example. Riddle’s definitely getting there. But it still feels somewhat restricted despite the roster. It seems like if one or two of their planned pushes fail due to outside circumstances/injury, they seem to hit the panic button somewhat despite being in control. There’s a plan but not much of a plan B or C outside bringing in part-time help or whatever’s.
    Again I just think we've been stuck comparing everything for at least the last 20 years to the Attitude Era. We're dictating what makes a star based on what? Cable ratings? Attendance? How often we see them on Good Morning America or a tv/movie spot?

I always have to remind myself that I'm 40, I grew up in 2 mega popular eras of wrestling, and I can't define a star by what defined a star 22 years ago. I mean, we just had 3pup tell us that NOBODY holds a candle to Bruno Sammartino. Not Austin. Not Hogan. Bruno is the end all be all. And he can sell us on that argument no doubt about it.

I mean, I think the lazy argument that we sometimes use is "oh they're just falling back on part timers because they can't create stars!" I disagree. Maybe it's because I never gave a fuck really about someone who was part time, an outsider, someone from the past only wrestling a handful of times because of the wrestling I grew up watching especially in the 90's. WCW were very very guilty of relying on the part timers, the guys like Ric Flair, Terry Funk, Hulk Hogan, Kevin Nash, Bret Hart. They weren't making every town, every ppv, naw that was Dean Malenko. And look how super mega over Dean was lol.

I think the WWE realize that wrestling isn't what it was when Austin 3:16 was on top for 2-3 years. They're making so much fuckin money now they are probably just bringing back certain people for the fuck of it. Probably doesn't help that just like in movies we're still holding on to the past OR we're still relying on the brand itself. Like I said, the top draws in the business, almost all went through WWE. And you don't really see any other wrestling companies talent winning awards at the ESPYs and shit like that. Fake wrestling winning real sports awards, that's pretty big imo. The crossover stuff is there, but there's just so much entertainment at our fingertips, literally, that sometimes we forget that Sasha Banks having a role on Mandolorian or John Cena having his own super hero show on HBO Max or Roman Reigns getting a part in Fast and The Furious, those are huge deals especially when pro wrestling isn't exactly what it was years and years ago.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make some good points and not for unwillingness to respond right now but wanted to just say this just now. You know who’s a fucking money star right now IMO?

Montez Ford.

Dawkins is by no means a slouch either but I hope they push Montez to the moon very soon. Either way they are very credible singles guys but Montez is money.
    Last edited by Badger; July 1st, 2022 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I judge star power by if non-wrestling fans know them. They know the Rock, Flair, Austin, perhaps Undertaker, Cena. They don't know who Montez Ford, and never will. He's a star in the wrestling bubble, but then everyone is a star in the wrestling bubble because we all know who they are.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make some good points and not for unwillingness to respond right now but wanted to just say this just now. You know who’s a fucking money star right now IMO?

Montez Ford.

Dawkins is by no means a slouch either but I hope they push Montez to the moon very soon. Either way they are very credible singles guys but Montez is money.
    I'm pretty much off work today so I apologize for the super long responses lol.

I think Montez Ford is a star on the rise. I definitely like Dawkins and have said I think he'll wind up being the Christian of this team where people will go damn, I didn't realize how awesome Dawkins is! But Ford is going to be the shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    I judge star power by if non-wrestling fans know them. They know the Rock, Flair, Austin, perhaps Undertaker, Cena. They don't know who Montez Ford, and never will. He's a star in the wrestling bubble, but then everyone is a star in the wrestling bubble because we all know who they are.
    They know those people because of the status they achieved. Taking Flair out of the equation because I don't really know much about Flair pre-1980. But all those names at one point were a Montez Ford. I'm sure if in 1995 you asked 100 people who Steve Austin was maybe 1 person would know him. Ask a million people in 2003 who John Cena is, maybe 2 knew him. lol.

I think Badger is Ford is someone who has the ability to be a major player that the WWE should start doing something with outside of the tag-division. This is WWE. You're not really going to be a tag-team wrestler forever. Profits have kind of done it all and if the Usos are going to run the tag scene we might as well split them up and have another team get their spot.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there are some like Brock right now obv, Charlotte, Becky etc who maybe some could name outside the wrestling bubble. Hard to put hard stats as fans can vary. Not gonna generalise like AudioDynamite lol.

WWE still have the wrestling bubble and they can try and expand/pop it like George’s bird did in response to that guy saying MOOPS! I still think they could move out their comfort zone more when things don’t go to plan like injuries and all they can do is at least try to expand the bubble. These things go in cycles though so hard to predict. They can maybe take more chances on their own roster though.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They know those people because of the status they achieved. Taking Flair out of the equation because I don't really know much about Flair pre-1980. But all those names at one point were a Montez Ford. I'm sure if in 1995 you asked 100 people who Steve Austin was maybe 1 person would know him. Ask a million people in 2003 who John Cena is, maybe 2 knew him. lol.

I think Badger is Ford is someone who has the ability to be a major player that the WWE should start doing something with outside of the tag-division. This is WWE. You're not really going to be a tag-team wrestler forever. Profits have kind of done it all and if the Usos are going to run the tag scene we might as well split them up and have another team get their spot.
    It’s so weird for me rooting for a team to split up like this because they’re still great but really want to see them grow.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think there are some like Brock right now obv, Charlotte, Becky etc who maybe some could name outside the wrestling bubble. Hard to put hard stats as fans can vary. Not gonna generalise like AudioDynamite lol.

WWE still have the wrestling bubble and they can try and expand/pop it like George’s bird did in response to that guy saying MOOPS! I still think they could move out their comfort zone more when things don’t go to plan like injuries and all they can do is at least try to expand the bubble. These things go in cycles though so hard to predict. They can maybe take more chances on their own roster though.
    I believe they do take chances on their roster. How are they not? How much camera time do they give Riddle? They gave Jey Uso a World title push. Bianca Belair main evented WrestleMania (night 1). It's easier for me to acknowledge where you're coming from with examples because it's a case by case situation. For example, if Brock Lesnar didn't come back with that sick cowboy look, no Paul, as a babyface-which I don't think he's been since returning, I would be very quick to say "Lazy booking" Roman Reigns and Randy Orton are part-time, but they've been KILLING it. John Cena comes back with a purpose. Outside of that I don't really know what the issue is.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s so weird for me rooting for a team to split up like this because they’re still great but really want to see them grow.
    Exactly. On one hand, I want to see them continue as a team but on the other hand I feel like we've seen all they can offer aside from a full blown heel run. The unification of the tag titles didn't help as I don't see the Usos losing tomorrow night either. Montez should be in the MITB match imo.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe they do take chances on their roster. How are they not? How much camera time do they give Riddle? They gave Jey Uso a World title push. Bianca Belair main evented WrestleMania (night 1). It's easier for me to acknowledge where you're coming from with examples because it's a case by case situation. For example, if Brock Lesnar didn't come back with that sick cowboy look, no Paul, as a babyface-which I don't think he's been since returning, I would be very quick to say "Lazy booking" Roman Reigns and Randy Orton are part-time, but they've been KILLING it. John Cena comes back with a purpose. Outside of that I don't really know what the issue is.
    I think my personal issue outside of those part-timers who do kill it when asked and brought in, outside of a few we’ve mentioned maybe there could be more effort within their “full-time” roster to build stuff better. However we’re still seeing a lot of the same rematches which could’ve been happening regardless.

Part-timers aren’t all bad and when used right, they work but still kinda feel the easy way out for them somewhat. My personal bugaboo though.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWEeler Yuta, that’s what they need!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWEeler Yuta, that’s what they need!
    Yep I loved when they were pushing James Ellsworth and he was pretty over for a time. I don't see why Wheeler Yuta can't be the same especially with the social media following he's developed. I just found out he'll be at the Gathering of the Juggalos 2022.

Fuck Logan Paul. Sign Wheeler Yuta, have him dethrone Roman and watch the ratings soar!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep I loved when they were pushing James Ellsworth and he was pretty over for a time. I don't see why Wheeler Yuta can't be the same especially with the social media following he's developed. I just found out he'll be at the Gathering of the Juggalos 2022.

Fuck Logan Paul. Sign Wheeler Yuta, have him dethrone Roman and watch the ratings soar!
    WWEeler is the real people’s champ! Rock is old hat.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWEeler is the real people’s champ! Rock is old hat.
    LOL

When was the last time anyone even went and saw a Rock movie? He'll just come back with his promo written on his giant forearm.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL

When was the last time anyone even went and saw a Rock movie? He'll just come back with his promo written on his giant forearm.
    Ashamed to admit I’ve never seen a Rock film all the way through. No particular reason other than to say I’m not a huge movie buff in general.

Trying to get better. Will check out the new Top Gun and Jurassic World soon.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Rock sucks.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Rock sucks.
    There’s my IMDB right here so might not bother now lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The best The Rock movie is that one with Stiffler, but I can't remember the name of it so maybe it wasn't that good.

Eh San Andreas was ok but that's more because of Alexandria Dododododaria

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rampage, Skyscraper, Jungle Cruise, Scorpion King etc...just awful awful awful. I'd rather watch Popstar Never Stop Popping and that is awful.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ashamed to admit I’ve never seen a Rock film all the way through. No particular reason other than to say I’m not a huge movie buff in general.

Trying to get better. Will check out the new Top Gun and Jurassic World soon.
    haha Yeah if you're not really a movie person I can see that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The best The Rock movie is that one with Stiffler, but I can't remember the name of it so maybe it wasn't that good.

Eh San Andreas was ok but that's more because of Alexandria Dododododaria
    Rundown.

Don't lie I've know you were a big fan of Tooth Fairy. Or was that Tooth Fairy 2 with Larry the Cable Guy?

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Don't think I saw the Tooth Fairy. Did see the Game Plan though. Disney vomit.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much as I dislike the Paul brothers, WWE signing the one (I never remember which one is which) is a good idea. Dude can go.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    As much as I dislike the Paul brothers, WWE signing the one (I never remember which one is which) is a good idea. Dude can go.
    Logan is the douchey one, Jake is the extra douchey onr

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PWInsider is reporting that Sasha and Naomi are off the internal roster list. Sounds like they'll officially be released soon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not that negative to Sasha being released. I'm a little negative toward the idea of Naomi being released because it's a shame she's been with the company this long and this is how she leaves. I'd be more accepting of a normal release of Naomi as she was never really pushed a top tier player, she's had injuries, several dips from the road due to personal reasons. But for her to be released this way, idk, kind of a sad ending to a 10+ year career I think with the company.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll second what ND said. Naomi deserved better.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If Sasha hadn't walked out I doubt Naomi would have. #savenaomi

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dang. Not surprising, but I'm sad that Sasha and Naomi are both gone. While Naomi was (in my opinion) never a top tier talent, she was still incredibly valuable and talented. As Nash said, it sucks that her long tenure with the company ends like this. And while I think Sasha may have bought into her own hype the past few years, there's no denying that she was a game changer for women's wrestling. Ugh, as someone who basically just watches the women these days, these releases hurt.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope it's not true. I like watching them both, I actually think Naomi outshined Banks back in the Team BAD days so I'm hoping this is all BS and they come back as heels. Again, if true, I wish it was under different circumstances for Naomi. Sasha Banks...she's cool and I don't really buy a lot of the rumors about her attitude as I think people make up shit influenced by a tv version of Banks.

With that said....walking out is not a good look I don't care how frustrating it can be. You gamble your single value against the WWE brand itself, good luck. Especially when you have incredible depth in the women's division thanks to people like Sasha Banks.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just wondering about the women's tag titles. Didn't they say they were going to do a tournament, and then just totally dropped it? Not that an announcement means anything these days with how often things change.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    I was just wondering about the women's tag titles. Didn't they say they were going to do a tournament, and then just totally dropped it? Not that an announcement means anything these days with how often things change.
    I'd imagine at least one reason the tournament is on hold is because of the status of Naomi/Sasha. If they can come to some agreement and keep them both on, then those two coming back as massive heels to spoil the tournament finals (or something like that) would be awesome.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say they dropped it as we don't know what is going on. Could've been a situation where the WWE figured they could eventually smooth everything over? The rumor was that Sasha and Naomi were going to challenge for the 2 women's titles, lose, so who knows when the WWE were going to have them defended again. When Sasha and Bayley were tag champs they didn't defend them that often, I think at one point there was a 2-3 month stretch of no tag title matches.

The problem with the women's tag titles is that people have to accept there won't ever be a real tag-division of nothing but straight up teams that don't work singles. It'll always be a revolving door. Look at NXT.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say they dropped it as we don't know what is going on. Could've been a situation where the WWE figured they could eventually smooth everything over? The rumor was that Sasha and Naomi were going to challenge for the 2 women's titles, lose, so who knows when the WWE were going to have them defended again. When Sasha and Bayley were tag champs they didn't defend them that often, I think at one point there was a 2-3 month stretch of no tag title matches.

The problem with the women's tag titles is that people have to accept there won't ever be a real tag-division of nothing but straight up teams that don't work singles. It'll always be a revolving door. Look at NXT.
    Agree with the NXT thing. K&K should be running the division but they feel like they're in an endless pursuit for the tag titles and keep falling short. Other than them and TA there aren't any real teams.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agree with the NXT thing. K&K should be running the division but they feel like they're in an endless pursuit for the tag titles and keep falling short. Other than them and TA there aren't any real teams.
    I just think that's how it'll be for awhile until we get even more female wrestlers. TNA was really the first company I remember watching start a women's tag division and for the most part it's been 2 singles wrestlers joining forces. You had The Beautiful People and maybe 1 or 2 others over the years but nothing really along the lines of what you see on the men's side.

If we look at women's tag wrestling and the championship itself differently it makes more sense. WWE isn't a big tag-team company as it is so you have to wonder if they've even considered trying to establish 4-5 actual teams on the main roster while also having 10-15 singles wrestlers.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nash Diesel, we should team up and go for the titles.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rajah.com tag champs, the Nash & Dave Experiment

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty Deadly should win it.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rajah.com tag champs, the Nash & Dave Experiment
    @Mazer and I are the current tag champs. We’ve had a tournament to prove it but we always welcome competition!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But are you the WOMEN's tag champs?? We need to open a women's tag tournament.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mazer and I are the current tag champs. We’ve had a tournament to prove it but we always welcome competition!
    Before my time here so I definitely missed it. Alright, we don't have any room on the main card for a tag match... how's a pre-show match at the very beginning in front of a couple dozen sound?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Before my time here so I definitely missed it. Alright, we don't have any room on the main card for a tag match... how's a pre-show match at the very beginning in front of a couple dozen sound?
    Appreciate the suggestion but we’re prize fighters! Only on main event.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Appreciate the suggestion but we’re prize fighters! Only on main event.
    What if I told you we're bringing Velocity back?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if I told you we're bringing Velocity back?
    Maybe throw in Sunday Night Heat too especially with Gangrel plus Mean Street Posse and I can talk to my peoples….
    Last edited by Badger; July 7th, 2022 at 10:04 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe throw in Sunday Night Heat too especially with Gangrel plus Mean Street Posse and I can talk to my peoples….
    Sounds like a successful negotiation.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we get Velocity again, then I’d say please resurrect Saturday Morning Slam and Superstars!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, thank you.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know they are done with Impact but they are working New Japan and one is a champion. Are they almost done with over there then?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    No, thank you.
    They will be used to put over judgement day.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they come back face….then vs Usos would rock the socks!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    I know they are done with Impact but they are working New Japan and one is a champion. Are they almost done with over there then?
    Think the commitment could theoretically end after that match, which is on Nov. 5.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So Mandy's been released? For her onlyfans? If true, that's pretty lame.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    So Mandy's been released? For her onlyfans? If true, that's pretty lame.
    On one hand I do agree with you but on the other, you can't just do whatever you want when you work for a company that may or may not have certain restrictions. This isn't 2000 WWE anymore but even then I imagine if Trish was AOL dropping nudes for money the WWE might've taken issue with that.

It just seems over the top to release someone of her status in the company and all the time they've invested in her.....Maybe they asked her to take it down, who knows.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fresh news for the day? Great, I'll wait until more is known about the situation.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The article says “outside the parameters of her WWE deal.” Maybe it’s not so much the pics themselves but the fact she was making money using her wrestling name like that third party restrictions deal they have?

Will wait to hear more.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another example of why the whole "independent contractor" stuff needs to really be evaluated. I get if the WWE doesn't want someone using a WWE property to make money outside of the WWE, 100% get it. There's a reason Chris Evans didn't go do porn for Vivid when he was playing Captain America. Shit he wouldn't have been to make porn as Chris Evans without violating some type of clause I'm sure.

Honestly if this is all there is to it, she's not very smart but who knows. She's seen everything with Paige, Zelina Vega, even Adam Cole with their Twitch accounts and she thought she was slick. Plain and simple.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis traded down from Mandy Rose to Chad Gable. Shhooooooooosh!

Twitter is having a field day pointing out the absurdity of the whole situation. They tell other women to be as sexy as Mandy, and they fire her for it. Then they pick the time when the disgraced CEO wants to come back just as additional sexual allegations are brought to the public against him.

This is the company that kept Paige and Woods on the roster after their stuff got hacked.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Otis traded down from Mandy Rose to Chad Gable. Shhooooooooosh!

Twitter is having a field day pointing out the absurdity of the whole situation. They tell other women to be as sexy as Mandy, and they fire her for it. Then they pick the time when the disgraced CEO wants to come back just as additional sexual allegations are brought to the public against him.

This is the company that kept Paige and Woods on the roster after their stuff got hacked.
    Yeah I mean I can see some of the arguments. Riddle tests positive for drugs, 30 day suspension. Usos get DUIs and win titles. I mean, they didn't fire Adam Cole, Vega, Paige, for the Twitch stuff, right? Vega was released but I think that was mutual.

What makes this different than say the Paige/Woods situation or even Rollins, is that they weren't posting that stuff on paysites while still under contract with WWE. Charlotte Flair had pics released from a hacker, kept her job.

The thing is it's not even about Mandy making money on her fan site it's the content. I'm assuming there's something in the WWE contract that restricts certain things. And not just nude pics. Ask that NXT ref what happens when you go all Alex Jones. Ask Brian Kendrick why AEW didn't have him wrestle Moxley. Again I get the double standard in certain scenarios 10000% especially the Usos. I feel like there's more to this story than WWE having a zero tolerance for nudity.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Something I saw floating around was they asked her to take down content or stop posting certain content and she said no because of the income it was bringing in.

I think Vega was legit fired and then later brought back and things worked out and I think they made changes to the third party thing. Then again that depends on who you believe when it comes to reports.

As always we don't know the whole story and what is true and not true but it does seem sucky for them to cut her loose.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bottom line, it's a bummer she's gone. The credit she deserves for the work she's put in since her debut is beyond description. She was supposed to be the blonde Eva Marie, but she proved to actually have skill and determination in pro wrestling. Regardless of why she was released or granted her release or whatever, she gets all the repseccs.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    She can go to aew, sign a near sized wwe contract and still keep posting her pics. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if other wwe women followed suit cause power of women and all that in fact lacey Evans may be the next one on the list.

They said it probably wouldn't have been an issue had fans not been downloading the pics and posting them all over social media. That's definitely I was a today years old when I found out how the internet works meme.

Cena Era Fanbase
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So about Mandy...

Have y'all actually seen some of the stuff she was posting on the site?

Because for all of the people saying "but she dresses sexy on NXT all the time" or whatever...

Dressing sexy doesn't include uploading nudes, videos of her dry-humping her boyfriend and rubbing her cooch... which she's well within her right to do if she wants, but I'd hope she didn't think she was still gonna work at WWE in the event they caught wind of her doing that stuff on the site. That's a couple of the vids that I saw earlier, and there's other stuff that I believe was taken down. That's a far cry from simply wearing sexy outfits on a wrestling show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s wrong with dry humping?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fair play to her for exploiting idiots for loads of money. Beats having to take bumps in front of them and pays considerably more. Is a strange one though, she looks great obviously but she seems dull as fuck, can't imagine there will be much enthusiasm in whatever she's doing. Like with most of the women the Internet would obsess over there's an accessibility, relatability or charm, but Mandy's just kind of aloof. Though I guess if you're paying for a wank it takes all sorts.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Get that bag, Mandy. Making way more money while eliminating risk of injury? Sounds like a massive “W” for Ms. Saccomanno.

Let’s get one thing perfectly clear, the hypocrites at Titan Towers fired her because they couldn’t get a cut of the action.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Get that bag, Mandy. Making way more money while eliminating risk of injury? Sounds like a massive “W” for Ms. Saccomanno.

Let’s get one thing perfectly clear, the hypocrites at Titan Towers fired her because they couldn’t get a cut of the action.
    Or, you know, they could lose sponsors since they are a pg branded company and she's doing things located between r and xxx. Plus add in all the stuff with Vince coming back in the news again.

Then there's the fact she has a signed contract that prevents her from doing the things she's doing.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk

Citation needed. Because from what I've read it was to do with the contract with matell.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You sound like a lot of the ignorant people online speaking on this matter. And that's fine most of us are ignorant to what really happened as nobody from WWE or Mandy Rose's side have spoken on WHY.

The people talking like you are the same ones bringing up divas who were in Playboy 15-20+ years ago. They're talking about how the WWE sexualized her all these years and then got made when she decided to make money on her off it. Just shows the ignorance.

The same people will also forget about how many sponsors the WWE lost during the Attitude/Ruthless eras. All that PTC bullshit they had to deal with for years. Even today they deal with it, cancel culture has been after pro wrestling for ages.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You sound like a lot of the ignorant people online speaking on this matter. And that's fine most of us are ignorant to what really happened as nobody from WWE or Mandy Rose's side have spoken on WHY.

The people talking like you are the same ones bringing up divas who were in Playboy 15-20+ years ago. They're talking about how the WWE sexualized her all these years and then got made when she decided to make money on her off it. Just shows the ignorance.

The same people will also forget about how many sponsors the WWE lost during the Attitude/Ruthless eras. All that PTC bullshit they had to deal with for years. Even today they deal with it, cancel culture has been after pro wrestling for ages.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least you responded

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by BGMaverick; December 28th, 2022 at 11:35 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is interesting considering

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Mickie James coming over as TNA champion for the Rumble was a little bit of crosspromotion action we hadn't seen from the WWE in 25 years. Karl Anderson is a NJPW champion, Nakamura going to wrestle Muta....now this signing. I believe WWE used to have a working relationship with AAA, maybe it was CMLL back in the mid-late 90's. Nothing major.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lee coming to WWE was a surprise. Good for him, I think he’ll definitely stick out among the rest. I just hope he can shed his luchador ways and develop more of a TV persona. If he behaves, he’s going to be great.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t realise til now that this was the same guy that is Rush’s brother and was just on AEW in the Trios tournament then disappeared.

It will be interesting to see if he can adapt to the WWE style and be more of a TV persons. Stars like KENTA, Ultimo Dragon and Sin Cara/Mistico (he initially had a bit of success) flopped but then you have the likes of your Nakamura. Wish him the best of luck.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    This is interesting considering

WWE.com has announced his signing and says he relinquished the title:
    https://www.wwe.com/amp/article/drag...signs-with-nxt

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn’t realise til now that this was the same guy that is Rush’s brother and was just on AEW in the Trios tournament then disappeared.

It will be interesting to see if he can adapt to the WWE style and be more of a TV persons. Stars like KENTA, Ultimo Dragon and Sin Cara/Mistico (he initially had a bit of success) flopped but then you have the likes of your Nakamura. Wish him the best of luck.
    Yep pretty sure he was one of 3 or 4 guys KO'd on live AEW tv and they didn't do shit but push him off to the side.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll definitely be listening to Konnan's podcast in the coming days as I'm sure as AAA head booker he will speak on this.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was also unmasked at the end of a trios matched and it felt like it should have been a big deal and it absolutely wasn't and then was thrown under the rug.

Lee doesn't need to "develop" as an in-ring performer because he's one of the best in the world but he certainly will have to develop in terms of learning the WWE approach to wrestling. To me, I've always thought that the developmental aspect comes in different forms and it sounds like he knows one of his biggest weaknesses and will work to try to address that (speaking English and cutting promos). I always thought that was something that was limiting someone like Andrade when he was there, so I appreciate the fact that's acknowledged on Lee's side and something he's going to try to work on.

What this means in terms of WWE/AAA and the ideas of NXT Mexico could be interesting to monitor.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People also have to realize that developmental is beneficial for talent who don't normally work in front of the camera as often as WWE. I think that played a part in sending guys to NXT like Adam Cole. You can have all the in-ring tools but how often do these wrestlers work a 5 minute match on Fox prior to the WWE? It's a skill in itself to know where to position yourself for your moves so the cam catches you.

Dragon Lee getting unmasked was so dumb. AEW has zero respect for lucha as they continuously unmasking talent.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Per the main page, she made a million bucks in December. Good on you, Amanda...

https://rajah.com/node/fantime-congr...llion-december

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    She still didn't get released due to the wwe not getting a cut.