Slaying or boring?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Slaying or boring?
    If you read them, you be the judge. I'll pick you up some McDonald's so you can cry about it in your nuggets.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gonna take you a long time to get to RI

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Gonna take you a long time to get to RI
    Not if I use the jetpack cheat code from GTA San Andreas. Works wonders.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    According to Meltzer, Gabel Stevenson has signed with WWE.

Happy for him. The guy is a tremendous amateur and has some personality to boot. Brock is a big fan too, so I fully expect them to work a program once Steveson is trained.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah. Hoping and expecting to see Tamyra Mensah-Stock get signed down the line, as well.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    According to Meltzer, Gabel Stevenson has signed with WWE.

Happy for him. The guy is a tremendous amateur and has some personality to boot. Brock is a big fan too, so I fully expect them to work a program once Steveson is trained.
    His brother signed as well I think think.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gran Metalik has requested his release. I hope it’s granted too. Mexico is heating back up and I’d love to see him back in action.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, would love to see him tear it up back home. WWE really wasted a good thing by not using him at all.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gran Metalik has requested his release. I hope it’s granted too. Mexico is heating back up and I’d love to see him back in action.
    I don't blame him. I have never been a fan of Lucha House Party. The offshoot of Lucha Dragons, meh. Very few offshoots turn into Frasier.

He is impressive as hell. Fantasy booking I would've kept him as a singles and made him a staple of the CW division. I enjoyed his run but again, don't blame him. Not really used in a meaningful way. Simply wrestling on Main Event, sprinkled in the tag scene here, not really thrilling.

I wonder if he's mega over in Mexico. Being on that global platform, and one of the few Mexican wrestlers, you have to think him going back would be huge.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Yeah, would love to see him tear it up back home. WWE really wasted a good thing by not using him at all.
    I'm sure your vast knowledge and appreciation of Mexico's wrestling scene is something to be respected.

They may have wasted a good thing but I didn't see anyone pitching him ideas. People like to wait and critique. VHS, please reveal your true identity:

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was so good he should have been wwe champion

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm sure your vast knowledge and appreciation of Mexico's wrestling scene is something to be respected.

They may have wasted a good thing but I didn't see anyone pitching him ideas. People like to wait and critique. VHS, please reveal your true identity:
    Boy talk shit on the Discord and all shall be revealed, we'd love to have ya.
    https://discord.com/channels/8841398...39865711714358

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s a mask.

He’s not VHS, he’s really DVD(A)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    He was so good he should have been wwe champion
    He's one of those guys that a hipster wrestler like Daniel Bryan or CM Punk would shout out as having all this potential WWE missed out on just to sound cool. Actually DB did say that or something close to it.

All jokes aside, I'll be rooting for his continued mainstream global success and hopefully going back to his old name of Gran Metallica.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It’s a mask.

He’s not VHS, he’s really DVD(A)
    You know for years I didn't realize DVDA's name was a shout out to South Park until he told me. I was like man, what the fuck is your name about? He linked me up and I was like damn, I knew that but never put 2 and 2 together.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JOIN YOU COWARD

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know for years I didn't realize DVDA's name was a shout out to South Park until he told me. I was like man, what the fuck is your name about? He linked me up and I was like damn, I knew that but never put 2 and 2 together.
    85.75% of his posts are South Park!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nash diesel doesn’t know what a discord is, I don’t think his dial up can even access discord

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash diesel doesn’t know what a discord is, I don’t think his dial up can even access discord
    He probably has to ask his neighbour kdestiny to use the computer

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also at least we got a bit of the Lucha House Party left with in Lince on UUDD.

Would’ve been cool if they got at least one tag title run though even if a short one.
    Last edited by Badger; September 22nd, 2021 at 9:02 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Dischord Records.

If I wanted to watch a bunch of grown men rub AEW all over each others balls I'd just go to Bert's house for Christmas.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Also at least we got a bit of the Lucha House Party left with in Lince on UUDD.

Would’ve been cool if they got at least one tag title run though even if a short one.
    The WWE giving out participation awards is what watered down the championships. The Bushwackers didn't get shit from Vince and they're more over than any tag-team active today.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cowaaard

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WWE giving out participation awards is what watered down the championships. The Bushwackers didn't get shit from Vince and they're more over than any tag-team active today.
    I never cared for the Bushwhackers, but the Uso's are one of the very best tag teams ever. And perhaps you may have heard of another active tag team, the New Day?

Hell, even team RKBro is more over than the Bushwhackers.

Your premise that the WWE has given out too many titles to try to get people over, and that has watered down the championships' value, is completely valid, but adding the baloney about the Bushwhackers makes your post less deserving of rep.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I know Dischord Records.

If I wanted to watch a bunch of grown men rub AEW all over each others balls I'd just go to Bert's house for Christmas.
    Don't have to wait for Christmas.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LHP were a good team but the WWE never really backed them as anything above jobbers. They could put on some really entertaining matches but they were just treated as fodder. If they'd actually got some more chance to shine, i think they'd have gotten crowd support and could have been more.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I never cared for the Bushwhackers, but the Uso's are one of the very best tag teams ever. And perhaps you may have heard of another active tag team, the New Day?

Your premise that the WWE has given out too many titles to try to get people over, and that has watered down the championships' value, is completely valid, but adding the baloney about the Bushwhackers makes your post less deserving of rep.
    The Bushwhackers were over.

The Bushwhackers had whole stadiums doing their moves, and in a time period where the WWE pushed even more to kids, they were beloved by the various youths (when they could take a break from Pac-Man, QBert, and whatever those hipsters were into).

But yes, the New Day are more over. I'm not sure I would say the Usos were ever more over, prior to Bloodline. Not to say that they weren't a great team, but Roman's points about their booking/WM etc ring true.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not everyone gets to be champion, main event, etc. LHP served their purpose.

The Bushwackers are legends. How many people in general know those modern teams compared to the Bushwackers? RKBro????? I think you're assuming I mean the booking. Bushwackers were not pushed as hard as those teams but they were definitely over. Did anyone ever boo them??

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made a dumb comment, right after a good one. No worries on my end. Like I said, I was never a fan of the Bushwhackers. They didn't move the needle for me personally, but I'm not denying that their act was eaten up cheerfully by many.

If you want to belabor the point that a generation ago, 4-5 times as many people watched wrestling as they do now, by all means, go enjoy yourself. But when you do, you should remember that the audience and the product also have changed a lot when comparing that generation to today's product. And not to mention, the company business model has also changed significantly. The only constant is that the same guy is still calling the shots.

And when it comes to tag teams, they have fallen in and out of favor in Vince's mind perhaps as many times as he changed Big Show from heel to face and vice versa. LHP mostly got ignored, either used to put over other teams or help develop other teams' storylines. Given the language barrier, Vince was never going to give them a storyline of their own, so they didn't even get the dissention/breakup that most tag teams get. So they'd occasionally get used to make Omos look larger than life.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can't blame a language barrier when Lince Dorado, and Kalisto when he was in the group, speak English.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When they went back to NXT for a couple weeks, that was more interesting for LHP than most of their time on the main roster.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You made a dumb comment, right after a good one. No worries on my end. Like I said, I was never a fan of the Bushwhackers. They didn't move the needle for me personally, but I'm not denying that their act was eaten up cheerfully by many.

If you want to belabor the point that a generation ago, 4-5 times as many people watched wrestling as they do now, by all means, go enjoy yourself. But when you do, you should remember that the audience and the product also have changed a lot when comparing that generation to today's product. And not to mention, the company business model has also changed significantly. The only constant is that the same guy is still calling the shots.

And when it comes to tag teams, they have fallen in and out of favor in Vince's mind perhaps as many times as he changed Big Show from heel to face and vice versa. LHP mostly got ignored, either used to put over other teams or help develop other teams' storylines. Given the language barrier, Vince was never going to give them a storyline of their own, so they didn't even get the dissention/breakup that most tag teams get. So they'd occasionally get used to make Omos look larger than life.
    So basically what you're saying is that you can't compare two completely different eras? Maybe you should've thought of that before talking about how over RKBro are in comparison to how over the Bushwackers were.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I follow you. So you think RKBro is over because they've been pushed? They've been given the titles so they are over?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure I follow you. So you think RKBro is over because they've been pushed? They've been given the titles so they are over?
    Answer that question about RKBro yourself. I didn't bring them up. I have zero clue why you think RKBro are more over than The Bushwackers were.

You want to talk about dumb comments, why would you even think of including them?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I included them since they are a current tag team that is over, and more over than the Bushwhackers ever were. To dispute your comment that the Bushwhackers are/were more over than any tag team active today.

I'm trying to understand why you believe that. You didn't respond to my stronger example about the New Day.

Perhaps we disagree on what it means for one performer or team to be more over than another. I think of it not just as being able to get a desired response from the crowd, because I think it is more than just the volume. There's also an aspect of the connecting with them, making the crowd want to see more from the performer(s) involved. To the extent that, after the show is over, am I willing to invest the time and/or potentially the ticket price to seek them out. It's not just did they get cheered or booed. I don't think the Bushwhackers were often one of the main reasons anyone bought a ticket. But I'd happily buy a ticket to watch RKBro, and especially buy one to see the New Day.

I think the Bushwhackers were more likely at the level of Elias, in today's terms. Elias was over, and people loved to chant his catchphrase. A few fans would even bring signs. But most of the crowd was not looking forward to him actually wrestling. And I don't think many would ever say Elias was the best part of the show, or even in the top three parts of the show.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bushwhackers were way over. Always got big pops whenever their music hit. I also still to this day sometimes do the Bushwhacker walk down the grocery aisles. You won't see me doing Randy Orton poses near the produce, or kick my flip flops off in dairy, that's for sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I included them since they are a current tag team that is over, and more over than the Bushwhackers ever were. To dispute your comment that the Bushwhackers are/were more over than any tag team active today.

I'm trying to understand why you believe that. You didn't respond to my stronger example about the New Day.

Perhaps we disagree on what it means for one performer or team to be more over than another. I think of it not just as being able to get a desired response from the crowd, because I think it is more than just the volume. There's also an aspect of the connecting with them, making the crowd want to see more from the performer(s) involved. To the extent that, after the show is over, am I willing to invest the time and/or potentially the ticket price to seek them out. It's not just did they get cheered or booed. I don't think the Bushwhackers were often one of the main reasons anyone bought a ticket. But I'd happily buy a ticket to watch RKBro, and especially buy one to see the New Day.

I think the Bushwhackers were more likely at the level of Elias, in today's terms. Elias was over, and people loved to chant his catchphrase. A few fans would even bring signs. But most of the crowd was not looking forward to him actually wrestling. And I don't think many would ever say Elias was the best part of the show, or even in the top three parts of the show.
    I didn't go in depth with a response and nitpick every team you mentioned for a reason. You could maybe have an argument for New Day. Not the Usos. Definitely not RKBro. I singled them out in my first response to you because it was so out of left field lol. ND and Usos I understood, multiple time tag champs, New Day moved quite a bit of merch once upon a time.

We don't know if you'd spend money on seeing the Bushwackers or not because we're not there. Of course you're going to say you'd pay for those other teams to help your argument, including RKBro.

The Bushwackers were over. They had more people watching the product when they were around than today. I'm not going to do the whole "Well what wrestlers did each person pay to specifically see" routine because it means nothing without serious data and I don't think my comment needs to be fleshed out to that degree lol. I'm just saying IMO Bushwackers were more over than any team today.

I'd be blown away if you've bought a wrestling ticket in the last 35 years.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you saw someone kick their flip flops off in the dairy aisle, wouldn't you be tempted to give them an RKO outta nowhere?
    Last edited by 3puppies; September 23rd, 2021 at 3:02 PM.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just can't get behind it for New Day. People straight-up love Kofi and Big E. And Xavier is well-received.

I was at Raw when Xavier got the crowd getting behind war-cries of "Ice Cream!".

When New Day is on, its not just a pop. They can have the crowd literally eating out their hands (after it came out of someone's trunks even).

I think prime Bushwhackers were more over with the crowd than the others (I'm just holding RKBro out as an exception to tag team), except for maybe Bloodine-Usos. I'm still optimistic about the Street Profits.

It definitely is hard to compare across eras. Tag-team wrestling was way more of an institution when Luke and Butch were there.

In fairness to modern tag teams, they never get segments where they get interrupt a Rhythm & Bruise concert dressed as janitors only to have Honky Tonk Man scream "Those aren't janitors......That's Luke and Butch......THE BUSHWHACKERS"

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But if you saw someone kick their flip flops off in the dairy aisle, wouldn't you be tempted to give them an RKO outta nowhere?

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Bushwhackers, while silly, were over like rover. I will fully admit to Bushwhacker marching a lot when I was younger. Hell, I'll find myself doing it today if the mood strikes.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I just can't get behind it for New Day. People straight-up love Kofi and Big E. And Xavier is well-received.

I was at Raw when Xavier got the crowd getting behind war-cries of "Ice Cream!".

When New Day is on, its not just a pop. They can have the crowd literally eating out their hands (after it came out of someone's trunks even).

I think prime Bushwhackers were more over with the crowd than the others (I'm just holding RKBro out as an exception to tag team), except for maybe Bloodine-Usos. I'm still optimistic about the Street Profits.

It definitely is hard to compare across eras. Tag-team wrestling was way more of an institution when Luke and Butch were there.

In fairness to modern tag teams, they never get segments where they get interrupt a Rhythm & Bruise concert dressed as janitors only to have Honky Tonk Man scream "Those aren't janitors......That's Luke and Butch......THE BUSHWHACKERS"
    Love that interruption because HTM calls them Bushwhacker Luke and Bushwhacker Butch...The Bushwhackers! Just driving that point home.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of those random things that has stuck with me for 30 years or so. Just the pause before he specifies that they are, in fact, the Bushwhackers.

Vintage Honky.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bushwhacker dance is iiconic!

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before but Butch tried licking my mother at a Monday Night Raw in summer of 93. She lurched back so fast. It's branded into my brain.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bushwhackers were way over. Always got big pops whenever their music hit. I also still to this day sometimes do the Bushwhacker walk down the grocery aisles. You won't see me doing Randy Orton poses near the produce, or kick my flip flops off in dairy, that's for sure.
    Did one better than that. Stood up on my chair and did the Randy pose when he was looking in my direction at a show in Glasgow.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I high-fived Batista after the dark match at a Smackdown/ECW show.

Also connived my way into a meet and greet at a TNA show and had a fine conversation with Kurt Angle about the benefits of baldness.

Actually got him to say "it's true" in running conversation.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's safe to say Bushwackers, with inflation factored in, were more over than any team today. Arguably the most over tag-team of all time. And they did it without being gifted 200 tag titles runs or flip flops.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I high-fived Batista after the dark match at a Smackdown/ECW show.

Also connived my way into a meet and greet at a TNA show and had a fine conversation with Kurt Angle about the benefits of baldness.

Actually got him to say "it's true" in running conversation.
    I was sitting behind the surf boards at SummerSlam 07 and got the pinky finger sign from Booker T.

I annoyed Arn Anderson into giving me a head nod of acknowledgement. He was watching a match in a part of a arena that was still blocked off but in view and I awkwardly shouted things like Arn!, Horsemen!, etc. while throwing the 4 fingers up. I could tell he was annoyed but I was drunk and determined to have a moment with one of the best ever! He finally met my eyes and gave me the most subtle head nod ever but that was enough for me. I let out a celebratory Woooo and made my way away.

I crowed at Terry Taylor at a TNA show and he looked like he was going to rip my head off which elicited more crows.

That TNA show was at the NY State fair and got more than my fair share of heckling in. You could pick seats but instead of opting for front row we picked the seats right next to the entrance so we were guaranteed some jibber jabber.

I saw Brody Lee start a mini riot in Rochester. I was in ring crew for that and filming the show. Some fan thought they'd get handsy with Brody and he knocked them flat. That's when his friends thought they'd get tough and then locker room cleared out.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So it's safe to say Bushwackers, with inflation factored in, were more over than any team today. Arguably the most over tag-team of all time. And they did it without being gifted 200 tag titles runs or flip flops.
    How does inflation work in wrestling?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How does inflation work in wrestling?
    It's actually called deflation. ND is simply trying to save face again.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    The Bushwhackers, while silly, were over like rover. I will fully admit to Bushwhacker marching a lot when I was younger. Hell, I'll find myself doing it today if the mood strikes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald;[URL="tel:8252981"
    8252981[/URL]]Bushwhackers were way over. Always got big pops whenever their music hit. I also still to this day sometimes do the Bushwhacker walk down the grocery aisles. You won't see me doing Randy Orton poses near the produce, or kick my flip flops off in dairy, that's for sure.
    So long as you don’t go round licking random children’s faces.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's actually called deflation. ND is simply trying to save face again.
    Yeah that part was just me being a smartass.

Save face though? It's not like I'm alone here. It's not like you're providing factual evidence that can't be disputed so there's no need to save face. You're basically saying "I wouldn't buy a ticket to just see the Bushwackers, but I might just for RKBro or New Day or The Usos" Kind of hard to put that to the test.

At the end of the day The Bushwackers were more over than any team today. They did it all without even getting to the midcard of the tag division. Their biggest wins were probably against the Orient Express and The Bolsheviks lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait this is about the Bushwackers?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait this is about the Bushwackers?
    Yes Romford Pete Jr. That's what we've all been talking about lol.

Typical hater. Has no concept of the discussion, just inserts themselves and can't figure out why nobody takes them seriously. I at least have people on board with the Bushwackers.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Join the discord, you coward. We have pizza.

https://discord.com/channels/8841398...88534878404618

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ring announcer Greg Hamilton's gone from WWE.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He tried to say he was going to get WWE lawyers after the rapper Westside Gunn (who sucks as a rapper but only used 10 seconds of Greg's voice and loves to mention wrestling in his raps.)

Moral of the story: Don't claim WWE lawyers will do your personal dirty work.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westside Gunn is not a great rapper but I do appreciate his love for pro wrestling lol. I saw Greg Hamilton on a cooking show, he was eliminated in the first round.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    He tried to say he was going to get WWE lawyers after the rapper Westside Gunn (who sucks as a rapper but only used 10 seconds of Greg's voice and loves to mention wrestling in his raps.)

hahaha wtf

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I claim WWE lawyers will do my dirty work all the time, and have no intention of stopping.

I'm a little worried I might lose some trademark cases though.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hamilton says he wasn't sacked for the Twitter stuff but that it was a mutual parting of ways...
    https://www.gerweck.net/2021/10/27/g...n-wwe-release/

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    “You are being fired”
    ”ok I am”

yupp. Mutual.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ali Greg should’ve just proclaimed to Gunn that East Side was da best!

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    2K22 team is probably livid now. First the roster cuts from NXT and now this.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2K22 team is probably livid now. First the roster cuts from NXT and now this.
    Why would they be livid about something that happens every year?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why would they be livid about something that happens every year?
    https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...ined-releases/

I wonder if they already recorded voices for Greg Hamilton or if they're just going to go with a different announcer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds like they saved some fans money by not going through with whatever rumored DLC that would've included the talent released in NXT. Who's sad they don't get to be Leon Ruff other than Leon Ruff?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Tony Nese and Braun Strowman won't be holding all the male titles in Donald's WWE 2K22.

Why scrap the game. Just release it with the released superstars. You can take them out of your story mode if you want it up to date in the options.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Tony Nese and Braun Strowman won't be holding all the male titles in Donald's WWE 2K22.

Why scrap the game. Just release it with the released superstars. You can take them out of your story mode if you want it up to date in the options.
    I don't think they're going to scrap the game I just think they're going to scale back on the DLC that they had planned. TBH, the DLC the last couple years has been pretty whack.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think they're going to scrap the game I just think they're going to scale back on the DLC that they had planned. TBH, the DLC the last couple years has been pretty whack.
    Wrong wording I suppose. Meant to say why bother delaying the game. I don't understand the need to release a new game every year. When wrestlers debut, add them as DLC in the game. Add patches. Maybe every 5 years or release a new game. New DLC every month, charge $10-$20. I'd buy them. You'd be making more than if you released a new game every year.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wrong wording I suppose. Meant to say why bother delaying the game. I don't understand the need to release a new game every year. When wrestlers debut, add them as DLC in the game. Add patches. Maybe every 5 years or release a new game. New DLC every month, charge $10-$20. I'd buy them. You'd be making more than if you released a new game every year.
    Not enough money in it that way unless you do micro transactions it seems.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they've missed a year sans 2020 since the 90's when it comes to releasing video games.

I mean it is what it is. We can't keep people employed simply because game developers wanted to use them for DLC.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

because 2K has to pay each performer included in the game. It adds up when you keep 100+ people who’ve all been released.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.sportsgamersonline.com/g...ined-releases/

I wonder if they already recorded voices for Greg Hamilton or if they're just going to go with a different announcer.
    Tbh, the on-disc DLC model needs to die anyway, so this could be more of a blessing in disguise

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oney Lorcan, Ember Moon, Scarlett, and Franky Monet were released.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; November 4th, 2021 at 6:55 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't understand what WWE is doing anymore.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Ember Moon, Scarlett, and Franky Monet were released.
    Speculating that Ember’s release may have been due to her recurring injury problems, she was a big player then just got derailed and was never the same when she came back. Separating Scarlett from Kross was horrible but maybe something more to it. Money’s a headscratcher as she wasn’t even there that long.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can add Karrion Kross to the cut list.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    B-Fab

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jessi Kamea and Zayda as well.

Trey Baxter and Katrina Cortez

Jeet Rama??

Cant lie, I genuinely don’t know who any of these people are

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    AEW needs to pick up Ember Moon. What was her other name, Athena or something?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    GRAN METALIK IS FREEEEE

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    You can add Karrion Kross to the cut list.
    They ruin his mystique by putting him in a gimp outfit, losing to Jeff Hardy in the blink of an eye in his opener then release him. Yeah his fault he couldn’t get over lol.

B-Fab
    Called up as part of a package deal with Hit Row then gone? I don’t even know.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well fuckballs. Pretty mad about Ember, Franky, and B-Fab. Nervous about what other names might follow...

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Golden Lynx is also free baybee Lince Dorado!!

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Seriously?!?!! Ember, B-Fab, Franky!?!

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nia Jax

Keith Lee

Harry Smith

Mia Yim

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    The shocking thing about WWE firings is that people are still surprised by anyone getting fired. Vince would fire his mother if it showed favorable Q3 earnings.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Eva Marie

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I wish Nia Jax well in any non-wrestling endeavors.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How did they fuck up Keith Lee and Karrion Kross? 2 guys with presence, stature, well presented and protected, and could go, suddenly thrown on the main show and drowned.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nia Jax
    Shocking but more in the way I thought she was untouchable given her family connections despite being absolutely terrible in the ring. Not crying myself to sleep over that one.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by Hero!
    Keith Lee
    Wtf???

Harry Smith
    I forgot they brought him back lol but what was the point?

Mia Yim
    Wtf on that one too! Also now Woods is going to find a new UUDD champion.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    How did they fuck up Keith Lee and Karrion Kross? 2 guys with presence, stature, well presented and protected, and could go, suddenly thrown on the main show and drowned.
    To be fair, Keith Lee had Covid and then nearly died from a significant health scare that derailed his stuff.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    WWE is just garbage when it comes to story telling, building wrestlers up, and building/keeping momentum when a wrestler does catch on. They have been for so long, I think they just don't care anymore.

Beefing up the Q3 earnings report has to indicate Vince is selling to Disney or some other mega corporation, right? There has to be a logical explanation for the last two years of incompetence we have seen?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eva Marie

Again though, what was the point of bringing her back?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I can't wait for the banger theme Mikey Rukus comes up with for Keith Lee in 3 months. Bask in his glory.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    To be fair, Keith Lee had Covid and then nearly died from a significant health scare that derailed his stuff.
    Yet they brought him back and he was being featured on Raw even under shiny new name.

Still all very weird.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s like they all graduated then went to Bovine University.