User Tag List

Page 141 of 141 FirstFirst ... 131137138139140141
Results 14,001 to 14,097 of 14097

Thread: The WWE Signing/Release thread

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least he helped with Baron Corbin's career resurgence. They've still got the better Steveson brother in Damon Kemp anyway.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Wow.

Either he was absolutely terrible or entirely uninterested in pro wrestling as a career, because he was billed as the next Brock Lesnar…
    You know I think it's a combination of a few things. I think if we just keep it about WWE/NXT they shouldn't have gassed him up the way they did and if they were going to do that....make the guy a heel. Nothing wrong with rehashing the path they took with Kurt Angle. One thing a lot of fans seem to hate is success lol. So if you had this dude come in cocky as shit like look at me, the WWE rolling out the red carpet I'm drafted to Raw with zero training....But then he had to go do the real stuff and Idk....Maybe he wasn't taking it seriously maybe he had those allegations still looming and WWE were like, this is just a waste of time. He's super young, 2-3 years from now this dude will either be in MMA or WWE. Throw a dart and that'll be it and I think he'd be successful especially in MMA.

Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    At least he helped with Baron Corbin's career resurgence. They've still got the better Steveson brother in Damon Kemp anyway.
    Such a weird energy those few weeks were lol. The guy went from getting Road Warrior pops suplexing everyone on NXT to getting booed against Corbin which then lead to both of them getting cheered at the end of the match lol. Damon Kemp is good stuff I wish they had been able to keep his momentum going from Diamond Mine but I think he was hurt. Now that Gulak is gone I wonder what that stable is going to do and if someone new will replace Gulak. Some other "veteran" not doing much on the main roster.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Ricochet will be on his way out, and I really wouldn't blame him. As incredibly athletic as he is, he just never seemed to catch a grip in WWE. Bottom line is he really doesn't have much of a personality, or he at least barely showed it enough for the audience to latch onto him. If he heads to AEW, he'll put on some absolute bangers.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the problem was they never sustained momentum for him. He'd look like he was going to do something meaningful long-term, win the US/IC Title, get that title match against Brock, or recently beating various Judgment Day folks, but then they never followed through and kept the momentum going, just drop him back down to being a jobber again. It's hard to stay invested in someone when the company doesn't seem to do the same.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's a good example of how it takes more than just being a flippy guy to get over.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    An amazing athlete who never got the shine he deserved, but not sure AEW will be any better for him.

Hopefully Samantha Irvin sticks around.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I think the problem was they never sustained momentum for him. He'd look like he was going to do something meaningful long-term, win the US/IC Title, get that title match against Brock, or recently beating various Judgment Day folks, but then they never followed through and kept the momentum going, just drop him back down to being a jobber again. It's hard to stay invested in someone when the company doesn't seem to do the same.
    It's hard to keep momentum behind someone when it just doesn't seem they can compete at the main level. Tale his feud with Logan Paul for example. Yes, he can be flippy floppy all over and create some video reels but the dude absolutely got leveled by Paul on the mic. Here you have a guy that's been around the system for 6 years getting buried by someone that's been around for a year and can work the same high flying match as him. Ricochet could have benefited from a mouthpiece maybe but he was unfortunately a one trick pony.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they could’ve pushed Ricochet as a tag wrestler perhaps with/in place of a mouthpiece.

Now obviously he is a supremely talented athlete. When I was watching Lucha Underground, he as Prince Puma was one of my favourites along with Dario, Mundo, Mil etc. Anyway, for example had a little/large team with Strowman which was interesting and could’ve been developed further.

But yeah, although he’s had titles, I felt further forays into the tag division could’ve maybe helped too.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IF he actually leaves, he'll have an options. Tony will no doubt want to recreate Ricochet v. Swerve, Pentagon, and Ospreay. Personally I think he would thrive going back to New Japan or go to TNA. He's had a very good career in WWE when you think about guys like him who don't really get pushed that hard.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet has had a nice career with memorable moments, but he always felt like he could have been much better. He's always felt like "the other guy"

He was a tag partner with Strowman, but whenever people think of Strowman's tag partners they will think of Nicholas first.

His initial stuff with GUNTHER was great, but it was quickly forgotten the longer that GUNTHER's record breaking title run continued.

He's been a part of several really good multi-man matches, but he generally is there to make others look great, then he hits a few highlight spots, then he's back to selling.

If he's going away to bet on himself, like Cody did, I wish him well, but he just doesn't connect with the crowd on the mic to make himself a draw, the way Cody did/does.

He reminds me more of Claudio / Cesaro, although a little more flashy in the ring, and without the strength, but equally bland on the mic.

I don't mind Ricochet being fed to Bron Breakker on his way out.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping one day Ricochet will bounce back and have developed some charisma

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think they completely busted Ricochet and he has had some nice moments and runs but I know I was hoping for more. Honestly going away somewhere else for a while in case he decides to come back at some point will be good for him. He has had a lot of starts and stops and yeah time to go somewhere else. He would probably fit in over at TNA and also work New Japan where he previously worked and was junior heavyweight tag champ.

Looks like Hikeleo (brother of the Tama Tonga and Tonga Loa is on his way. He has come a long way the last few years watching him. Not sure where he fits in with things but we shall see. Little worried about him just being another tall guy that they like the looks of and then don't do a lot with.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    Hoping one day Ricochet will bounce back and have developed some charisma
    not for nothing, but I’ve been following ricochet’s career for a decade plus at this point, and people have been saying “he’s great, just needs to develop a personality” since 2010 or so.

the best character he ever had was when he had Konnan as his mouthpiece in lucha underground. Ricochet just can not talk into a microphone and it kills him

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    It feels like they missed an opportunity to have Samantha Irvin as his manager/mouthpiece…

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet sucks. No one will miss him.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    It feels like they missed an opportunity to have Samantha Irvin as his manager/mouthpiece…
    But is she good on the mic? Ring announcing is not the same as being a manager. Now with that said...This woman is extremely talented and I have no doubt she could probably pull it off....But then you just sacrificed the best ring announcer since The Fink in his prime to MAYBE get Ricochet over to the next level.

People will say they wanted more out of Ricochet's run in WWE but never say what "more" actually is. If anything we needed to see him turn heel. Sometimes being a bad guy opens up elements of your character you didn't know existed. Fantasy booking you could've had Ricochet as a heel and then turn babyface when Logan Paul started fucking with his girl.

I'm also of the mindset that these dirtsheets have been wrong time and time again, over and over it's comical how bad it is right now when it comes to who is/isn't staying in WWE, AEW, etc.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine a heel Ricochet refusing to do his stupid flashy moves.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    He was a tag partner with Strowman, but whenever people think of Strowman's tag partners they will think of Nicholas first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    But is she good on the mic? Ring announcing is not the same as being a manager. Now with that said...This woman is extremely talented and I have no doubt she could probably pull it off....But then you just sacrificed the best ring announcer since The Fink in his prime to MAYBE get Ricochet over to the next level.

People will say they wanted more out of Ricochet's run in WWE but never say what "more" actually is. If anything we needed to see him turn heel.
    I’ve always been a fan of the dude, thought he was under appreciated during his tenure.

I feel like Strowman’s neck injury threw a massive kink in the works, as there was potential for a chickenshit heel act: do nefarious things, hide behind Braun. Those two teaming as heels with Samantha as the manager would have been fire.

Ricochet’s program with YouTube Bro was pretty solid, that spot at the 2023 Rumble was insane; he served his purpose as a means to getting Gunther over further, so credit for that.

He turns 36 in the Fall, a return to the bigs is very feasible in a handful of years.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    WWE wrestler wants to leave...they always sucked. AEW guy comes to the WWE, its the second coming. The fact that Ethan Page even got a title shot even if its NXT is so dumb. They blew it with Ricochet, they some him as a jobber to the stars and kept feeding him to lower talented guys especially Logan. If we get him vs Osprey, shit I will pay to see that.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    WWE wrestler wants to leave...they always sucked. AEW guy comes to the WWE, its the second coming.

This was Cody Rhodes. His second coming and run since then has been some of the very best stuff many of us have ever seen. Master storytelling, great matches, now he's undeniably going into the Hall of Fame, along with his father and brother (whenever he chooses to accept the honor).

Cody was better than Ricochet when he first left (huge edge on the mic, slight edge in the ring to Ricochet), but there were plenty of fans that thought Cody would never be a top guy when he left WWE. Cody understood that he needed to get away and prove himself if he ever stood a chance of being booked as a top guy. Cody proved it, but he had the ability to connect with a crowd that Ricochet lacks. I'm kind of doubtful that Ricochet can get there. I'd love to be proven wrong.

We need someone with Ricochet's ring talent, but with LA Knight's charisma.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    WWE wrestler wants to leave...they always sucked. AEW guy comes to the WWE, its the second coming. The fact that Ethan Page even got a title shot even if its NXT is so dumb. They blew it with Ricochet, they some him as a jobber to the stars and kept feeding him to lower talented guys especially Logan. If we get him vs Osprey, shit I will pay to see that.
    That first part works both ways. Ricochet knew what he was doing when he came to WWE. They're not like every other wrestling promotion and that's why they're the most successful. If he actually leaves WWE his status has elevated tremendously. If he signs with AEW he will no doubt get something north of a 1-2 million a year. TK can pretend he's not about making money and just about great matches but he wouldn't be going above and beyond with the checkbook if that was the case. There are a zillion wrestlers on the planet who will work for peanuts to be on cable tv.

Could Ricochet have accomplished more up to this point? Of course. You could say that about a lot of wrestlers. Why didn't Million $ Man get an IC title run? Why didn't Piper get a World title run in WWF or WCW?

Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    This was Cody Rhodes. His second coming and run since then has been some of the very best stuff many of us have ever seen. Master storytelling, great matches, now he's undeniably going into the Hall of Fame, along with his father and brother (whenever he chooses to accept the honor).

Cody was better than Ricochet when he first left (huge edge on the mic, slight edge in the ring to Ricochet), but there were plenty of fans that thought Cody would never be a top guy when he left WWE. Cody understood that he needed to get away and prove himself if he ever stood a chance of being booked as a top guy. Cody proved it, but he had the ability to connect with a crowd that Ricochet lacks. I'm kind of doubtful that Ricochet can get there. I'd love to be proven wrong.

We need someone with Ricochet's ring talent, but with LA Knight's charisma.
    Who's the closest we've had to that? A name that jumps out is Shawn Michaels. I wonder what a healthy HBK would've pulled off during those 3-4 years he was inactive. Chris Jericho would be another name as he wasn't as solid as HBK but he had a more modernized moveset I guess from working with the likes of Rey, Juvi. I don't think they're on the level of Ricochet in terms of the high flying ability but those are the first 2 names that pop up that were remotely close to it.

And with Cody it's all about presentation. For starters, I know it bothers the super AEW weirdo fan but Cody's gimmick was something he had been cooking up since he was in the WWE. It just happens to be the biggest platform he did it on was TNT until he returned. Everytime I would see him on AEW, NJPW, I would go "this guy belongs in WWE" He was custom made in the lab and his destiny was to come back and be in the position he's in. There are definitely fans on both sides who completely downplay someone coming/going. They don't speak for everyone, clearly.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; June 11th, 2024 at 12:07 PM.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'd do well in the Nutcracker this winter.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why didn't Million $ Man get an IC title run?
    Because that was beneath him.

Why didn't Piper get a World title run in WWF or WCW?
    Because he is so vastly overrated.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    Because that was beneath him.

Because he is so vastly overrated.
    Million $ Man was tag champ but the IC title was beneath him?

Piper overrated? I would honestly love to hear why you feel that way as I've never heard anyone say that about Piper.

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was the Tag Champion at the end of his run on the way out. He didn't need the IC title then and having it wouldn't have done anything for the title.

I find Piper extremely boring. His promos are rambling. I know Piper's Pit was the frontrunner of that type of segment but meh. The best thing he did in my mind was the IC title match with Bret. Most of his matches are meh. His non selling and refusal to take a pin also turn me off.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeneighbor View Post
    He was the Tag Champion at the end of his run on the way out. He didn't need the IC title then and having it wouldn't have done anything for the title.

I find Piper extremely boring. His promos are rambling. I know Piper's Pit was the frontrunner of that type of segment but meh. The best thing he did in my mind was the IC title match with Bret. Most of his matches are meh. His non selling and refusal to take a pin also turn me off.
    The best thing you think he did was take a pin against Bret lol

Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I mean we can get into a bunch of things here but starting with his PPV appearances there is a lot of dog water.

WM 1 is ok.
    Wrestling Classic is bad.
    WM 2 is terrible.
    WM 3 is good. This is probably the best thing aside form the match vs Bret.
    Survivor Series 89 is bad.
    90 Rumble is whatever.
    WM 6 is bad vs Bad News Brown
    91 Survivor Series is ok with the chaos finish and giant DQ.
    92 Rumble has the nice moment as he beats the Mountie when Bret is out.
    Tuesday in Texas he jobs in a dark match.
    WM 8 is the Bret match.
    KOR 94 vs Lawler terrible
    WM 12 Back Lot Brawl terrible

I stand by it. His best PPV match is against Bret and its not close.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kayla Braxton is leaving WWE. Idiot reporter on the main page said "along with her husband Ricochet "...

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Awww congrats on the marriage

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Awww congrats on the marriage
    Samantha is going to be devastated.

...I wish I was married to Ricochet...

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kayla Braxton is leaving WWE. Idiot reporter on the main page said "along with her husband Ricochet "...
    Wrestling journalism at it’s finest one again!

But yeah genuinely gutted to see Kayla go. Her and Heyman had great chemistry in particular. They were my favourite backstage segments after Rock with…well anyone.

Will miss ya Kayla!

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Dijak gone. Shame, liked that dude.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Won't miss him, just another bland big guy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Was having bangers in NXT. Guy had a bit of presence as well.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked him but there was trouble getting a good character for him and his time in Retribution didn't help. I think it will be good for him to hit the indies and such and maybe make his way back. He did have some bangers in NXT

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His recent character sucked and he never really had one before so I really didn't care for him but he can go in the ring. I suspect there's untapped charisma based on his tweets and the one time he was on commentary, seems like a funny guy. I won't miss him but he'll probably be a good get for someone.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dijack posted this on his twitter @DijackWWE

I'll say this...Going back to his ROH days I was like....There's something there but is it the total package? More often than not always delivered and against certain wrestlers tore the fuckin house down. I just know my son and I would be watching him wondering why he did so many jobs? Then when it seemed like he was going to be a real player they drafted him to Raw and did nothing.

You know who he always reminded me of? A slim Mark Jindrak. Incredibly athletic, good in the ring, but just never found his niche for whatever reason. Whether that was his doing, WWE, a mixture (probably). He then went to Mexico and became a huge superstar. Dijack....It felt like everyone including him possibly were like ok the in-ring ability isn't enough we need to add a character. Instead of just amping up who he is in real life.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liked his in-ring work but being a thrift store version of Big Bossman didn't help things. He can go in the ring, but I'll let someone else feast on their fucking eyes.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDGAF what anyone says I liked his team with Mace. I thought they were the only ones who looked cool in Retribution. If Retribution was just a tag-team of Dijack and Mace without all that other weird shit it would've been awesome. Mace and I'll even throw in Mansoor, these are wrestlers I'm surprised aren't still in WWE.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IDGAF what anyone says I liked his team with Mace. I thought they were the only ones who looked cool in Retribution. If Retribution was just a tag-team of Dijack and Mace without all that other weird shit it would've been awesome. Mace and I'll even throw in Mansoor, these are wrestlers I'm surprised aren't still in WWE.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Shawn was high on him. I know Shawn was high on Mustafa Ali and they released him after only being in NXT for a little bit. Then Dijack is getting a good push, suddenly called up and released. It's just odd.

One of the promotions he tagged in that tweet were TNA. Imagine if he somehow backdoors his way back on NXT lol.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah if it had just been him and Mace and not all the Retribution stuff I bet they would still be going. That was a good team.

I am fan of Mace and Mansoor as well and I felt like they did really well with what was thrown at them with the how model thing. I got to see them on an indy show after their release. They are so entertaining and talented in the ring as well.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well now there's a rumor going around that Natalya is in fact leaving WWE. But it's all based on her removing WWE info from her Twitter profile. IG it's all there.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Natalya was always mediocre. In everything.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to disagree. I think just like with the men you need a great utility player and she was one of the best. You could slide her in with anyone and get a feel of where they're at. She's kind of like X-Pac, Lance Storm, wealth of knowledge, solid in the ring, maybe not the most charismatic but can do so much good for others. You're not seeing The Rock, Stone Cold, Goldberg, Taker, all these big names aren't out there training people. Natalya is beneficial beyond the in-ring stuff and her loss would be felt.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance Storm is an icon and should have dethroned Roman Reigns.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Nattie, if any of the women, deserves to be part of a retirement angle. Something like she loses a MITB qualifier to someone like Tiffy Time, after classic heel cheating. Then Tiffy goes on to win MITB, and Nattie continues to bemoan the cheating that kept her out of it. Tiffy finally offers to put the MITB contract on the line if Nattie puts her career on the line.

I am kind of surprised to read about Dijak, because he's gotten better in the ring. I enjoyed his recent NXT work.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dijak, Mansoor, the commentator guy who got F5ed by Brock Lesnar through the announce table, they all claim they were misused, but they should look in the mirror and see they are just boring. I mean I wish them luck in AEW/ROH/TNA, whatever, but they aren't going to amount to anything there either cause they suck.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Mace and Mansoor are going to continue doing a Dollar Tree version of MXM in ROH I'm here for it because I want to see them and Dalton Castle win the 6-man tag belts.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mace and Mansoor are killing it on the indies. I loved seeing them live a few months ago.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mace and Mansoor are anything but boring. Dijak, though, I'll give you.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think LA Knight would have been let go too if he stayed with the Maximum Models? I guess maybe not seeing as Maxine is still there.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like Mace and Mansoor did what they could to get over with that gimmick and put a lot of effort into it but they barely got tv time after a short period.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Mace and Mansoor are debuting with ROH as MxM Collection. Good on them. They were far and away the most entertaining people at the last WWE house show I went to.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    He's been released

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw that. He was pretty decent in all aspects but they did just replace him in NQCC so I guess they were preparing for this.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn that sucks about Damon.
    Last edited by Badger; July 9th, 2024 at 1:22 PM.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Oh sorry Gable.

Yeeeeah not surprised really. He only had like one match on TV with Corbin right which wasn’t well received.

Plus he was in development for a long time so obviously concerned with his slow progress.

Shame he couldn’t adapt to the sport’s entertainment environment like the likes of an Angle, Lesnar and Shelton who had a collegiate/amateur wrestling background.
    We were talking about Damon Kemp.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were talking about Damon Kemp.
    Oh sorry misread. I thought kdes meant Gable was released but yeah read your quote and his response wrong and edited.

Apologies.

I now realise Gable was previously released like a couple of months ago. Whooops! Completely missed that lol.
    Last edited by Badger; July 9th, 2024 at 1:26 PM.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, am a little surpriseded as Kemp seemed pretty solid. Thought Heights taking his spot in NQCC was just an angle maybe priming him for a face turn rather than just a way to remove him and move on.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Damon had a strong angle when it was revealed he attacked Roddy Strong thus turning against the Creeds. But in NQCC he was just...there while the others at least serve a purpose.

Still sucks for him though.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Stephanie Vaquer is on her way to WWE. She abruptly quit CMLL and has dropped out of the joint CMLLxNJPW shows, which she would have been able to perform at if she’d signed with AEW.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Damn. I mean I have just seen the one match but I was impressed. Didn't realize they had interest in her.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Apparently they also saw her match the other day and suddenly had interest, according to the “dirt sheets”

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    There had to have been interest before that match. Interesting see what happens.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish they'd sign Mike bailey

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw Shawn Michaels tweeted “Welcome to the WWE Family, @Steph_Vaquer. See you in Orlando!", so it's official.
    Last edited by mth; July 10th, 2024 at 6:39 PM.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I wish they'd sign Mike bailey
    id rather not. He sucks.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently they also saw her match the other day and suddenly had interest, according to the “dirt sheets”

Aew die hards will say the same thing.

On the otherside wonder if the die hard aew fans are sware of her issues with Rush.

May have been a deciding factor in not jumping to aew

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mr sabu View Post
    Aew die hards will say the same thing.

On the otherside wonder if the die hard aew fans are sware of her issues with Rush.

May have been a deciding factor in not jumping to aew
    it's the reason why rush wasn't on the ppv and his match with mjf was held on a rando dynamite when it easily could've been booked for forbidden door.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Just been reading up on the situation and yeah fuck Rush and Dralistico.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I had to google that because I had not heard that. Yeah I could see her not wanting to work full time for AEW

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Googling that myself now.

So her ex in Mexico abused and tried to KILL her? She filed a claim, he got arrested then Rush and Dralistico wanted him released from jail???

Yeah pretty messed up!

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gonna be awkward when she runs into their brother at work.

Mentioned
    463 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that Dragon Lee? That guy's done nothing of note and sucks so wouldn't be surprised if WWE canned him.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She had a tryout with WWE back in 2018/2019 and even did an interview where someone asked if she had an AEW and NXT contract which one would she choose and she said NXT. I guess WWE has been the end goal for a long time.

Mentioned
    241 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Gonna be awkward when she runs into their brother at work.
    Well Dragon is on the main roster and she's going to NXT no?

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Well Dragon is on the main roster and she's going to NXT no?
    He's one of those cats that always bounce between NXT and Smackdown though. He was just in that #1 cont battle royal a couple weeks ago.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steph already worked a match with WWE....

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So she totally did CMLL and New Japan dirty. She could have done those dates they had heavily advertised her for and dropped titles and then signed and gone to WWE. But seems like she and probably WWE really wanted her to do that show in Mexico City.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    So she totally did CMLL and New Japan dirty. She could have done those dates they had heavily advertised her for and dropped titles and then signed and gone to WWE. But seems like she and probably WWE really wanted her to do that show in Mexico City.
    She could have done those dates, tore her ACL and been damaged goods coming into the WWE at Summerslam 2025. Does it suck? Sure if you're an actual fan and really wanted to see her drop these titles. On the flipside, par for the course. Happens all the time. This is the WWE. It's like expecting a top AAA ball player to still finish the season so they can hit a few more homers off the pitcher.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    She could have done those dates, tore her ACL and been damaged goods coming into the WWE at Summerslam 2025. Does it suck? Sure if you're an actual fan and really wanted to see her drop these titles. On the flipside, par for the course. Happens all the time. This is the WWE. It's like expecting a top AAA ball player to still finish the season so they can hit a few more homers off the pitcher.
    People finish up dates all the time before moving on. Part of the business. That is why CMLL and New Japan are mad because she didn't do good business.

Yes there is a chance she gets hurts and that would suck for the WWE but she burned bridges and that is not good at all. That baseball analogy like really doesn't fit here.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People finish up dates all the time before moving on. Part of the business. That is why CMLL and New Japan are mad because she didn't do good business.

Yes there is a chance she gets hurts and that would suck for the WWE but she burned bridges and that is not good at all. That baseball analogy like really doesn't fit here.
    There's been plenty of talent who cancelled shows/signings when getting signed to another company. Don't get me wrong I see the other side of the argument. I don't believe she's burned any bridges that seems like an exaggerated response echoed by many on the internet. That's probably worst case scenario.

The baseball analogy is what it is lol. She got called up to the majors, she didn't have to ride out the season with the Iowa Cubs because they didn't have enough time to find a suitable replacement. If she burned the bridge oh well new ones will be built.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They cancel indie dates and such. They don't cancel dates with two big companies. If she didn't burn those bridges I would be surprised. I mean what if things don't work out with the WWE. That is less options to go on. In theory I would say she burned bridge with AEW but TK would probably say screw it and take her in but other than that it is AAA in Mexico or TNA. I am just saying I can see the outrage for what she did. She didn't just cancel a indie date in Ohio.

The baseball analogy would work if she was just working the indies. She was working for two bigger companies. They might not seem major companies to most WWE fans but come on they are not indie feds.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They cancel indie dates and such. They don't cancel dates with two big companies. If she didn't burn those bridges I would be surprised. I mean what if things don't work out with the WWE. That is less options to go on. In theory I would say she burned bridge with AEW but TK would probably say screw it and take her in but other than that it is AAA in Mexico or TNA. I am just saying I can see the outrage for what she did. She didn't just cancel a indie date in Ohio.

The baseball analogy would work if she was just working the indies. She was working for two bigger companies. They might not seem major companies to most WWE fans but come on they are not indie feds.

In comparison to WWE these are not big companies. CMLL barely does shows outside of Mexico. How many states does NJPW tour in the US? Nothing wrong with AAA ball. They get a big crowd.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the first time in 32 years, the WWE is without Jerry Lawler under a contract. That is absolutely wild. If AEW scoops up him and having Jim Ross, that might qualify for one of the craziest timelines.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So do the Motor City Machine Guns hit WWE or AEW? I thought it was almost a done deal when they were done with TNA to jump to AEW but been seeing they are more likely to head to WWE.

They are still working dates despite a report that they were done. Shelly is wrestling in St. Louis in a couple weeks.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    For the first time in 32 years, the WWE is without Jerry Lawler under a contract. That is absolutely wild. If AEW scoops up him and having Jim Ross, that might qualify for one of the craziest timelines.
    15 years ago it would've been cool if like JR and King showed up in TNA. Now....it'd just be another example of AEW relying on nostalgia of others from decades ago.

So do the Motor City Machine Guns hit WWE or AEW? I thought it was almost a done deal when they were done with TNA to jump to AEW but been seeing they are more likely to head to WWE.

They are still working dates despite a report that they were done. Shelly is wrestling in St. Louis in a couple weeks.
    I just watched a great card on youtube that had Chris Sabin v. Alex Shelley which I thought was weird but I also don't follow the promotion. If anyone is interested look up "Prestige Wrestling Combat Clash" from July 12th. Shelton Benjamin v. Mike Santana, Amazing Red v. Lio Rush, Roderick Strong v. Timothy Thatcher, Athena v. Masha Slamovich, a few others.

With all that said.....MCMG in the WWE, to me, would mean that Triple H and Shawn are wanting to beef up the tag division. I won't lie, seeing MCMG show up in NXT would be cool but not as cool as them showing up on SD or Raw. The WWE has a very strong tag scene and having a veteran team with that kind of style is needed IMHO.

AEW wouldn't be a bad spot for them either. Solid tag division and would be more in line with what they're used to doing. With that said, we can't sleep on how entertaining Alex Shelley is. Sabin is solid, but Alex Shelley is a guy I'm blown the fuck away has only really worked for WWE once, that random NXT tag match with KUSHIDA. The stuff with Shelley and Kevin Nash in TNA is legendary. If they could somehow come to WWE/NXT and Nash shows up as their manager even for a one off that would be incredible.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah people thought that match you mentioned was them finishing up on the indies but they still have dates coming up. Like I said Shelley is working the main event at a show in St. Louis soon. Kind of want to go but not sure I will able to. Last year I did see them at a show here in St. Louis and one of them threw a guy face first into the seats in front of me while they were fighting in the aisles at one point. lol

Both talented and I like the team so kind of hoping they come to WWE and beef up the tag division a little bit.

Intercontinental Champion LGHTNNG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    Didn't he leave for a while in 2001?

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LGHTNNG View Post
    He walked out for a while in protest when his wife at the time in the Kat was released. Hence why we got Mr Heyman on commentary.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LGHTNNG View Post
    Oh, you’re absolutely right. I didn’t know that part about his history. But, was he not under contract at the time? I can’t find anything regarding his contract status in the aftermath and he returned later that same year.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah King left and then there was that weird XWF where it had Jerry Lawler and Tony Schiavone doing commentary.

Intercontinental Champion LGHTNNG's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was wondering if he was waiting for his contract to run out while off air. I didn't know he worked with other promotions.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Both talented and I like the team so kind of hoping they come to WWE and beef up the tag division a little bit.
    I like the idea of the MCMG getting some serious mainstream appeal as WWE talent, but they're All Elite at the end of the day.
    Give me Chris Sabin versus The Elite, Chris Sabin teaming with The Conglomeration, Chris Sabin retiring Danielson, Chris Sabin as the fourth member of Death Pyramid ... Chris Sabin versus Darby Allin in a Beat the Clock match is the best possible Beat the Clock match ever possible. Who fasta than Sabin?

Chris Sabin is kind of to AEW what Dean Malenko was to ROH; there's no denying his influence. He can go with anyone/any-style and when trophies are getting passed out, he'll get credit for defining the style of Ospreay, Pac, and Omega.

Alex Shelley, on the other hand, is to AEW what MJF currently is to AEW. He was supposed to be the golden mic-boy but he became Mr. Workrate teaming with Chris Sabin and his entire focus kind of shifted to putting on great matches. Put him in AEW and there's no doubt he'll have to heel it up with so many people to look up to or down on him (I'm thinking continue his old feud with Lee Moriarty just to kill time and elevate talent). It seems like he's just been waiting for his run at the top to explain why he's such an emo silent-type after bursting on the scene as our MJF 20+ years ago. I can see Tony Kahn giving him the freedom to express himself. If anyone is worthy of squeezing in with top heels like MJF, Generation Me, and Rush, it's Alex Shelley. Plus, he's not entirely guilty or guilt-free, he's got that guilty-conscious that people seem to look past for whatever reason and that gives him extra-dimensional character depth for when he turns babyface.

In WWE, without Kushida in the mix, I can only see them getting turned into The New Radicalz, and maybe having a nice run in NXT even though they're old guys, but then again, WWE is an ever evolving production and like I said, I'd like to see them get that mainstream appeal (I just don't see it lasting unless they push Chris Sabin to where he belongs at the top top top)... Sign Kushida with those two and I can see myself tuning in to see The New Radicalz every week.

By the way, I can hardly even think of them going to WWE without mentioning AJ Styles. If anyone in WWE is to put them over and make their time there worthwhile, it's gotta be him. Give me MCMG+Kushida+AJ Styles versus the Bloodline and as long as Roman Reigns stays away, I'll be in on watching that.

Anyway you slice it, MCMG's time is now.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like MCMG and Hikuleo have all signed with WWE

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    News of Hikuleo has been around for a while now.