Results 13,501 to 13,600 of 14002

Thread: The WWE Signing/Release thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    There may be some truth to the injury point, but also IMO there is still something to be said about mismanagement.

For example Heyman. As much of a creative/promo genius he can be, only if he has chemistry with the right people. You can’t just magically pair Heyman with anyone and that will automatically up their promo credibility. For one I never thought Cesaro was in that much mic trouble that he needed a manager, just didn’t get the time and two he was still treated like second/third fiddle to Heyman’s other clients that it didn’t do good for anybody.

If they gave Cesaro more freedom he could’ve gotten bigger but at the same time and get higher up, but at the same time I also agree the overall exposure given will do him good stead no matter where he goes plus I’m sure the door will always be open for him.
    We honestly don't know if he could've gotten bigger because there's nothing to base it on. We can't say "Well in ROH he was allowed to be this way and won the World title"

I will say this....If you remember when he first came to the main roster and won the US title he would come out and cut these semi-decent promos. He had the hottie with him. Maybe that wasn't working.

Cesaro will always be one of those Bobby Eaton type guys. I'm sure there are people who agreed with Goldberg that Eaton should've ended the streak at a house show or the fans who thought Eaton could've been World champion if they let him do this this and that. But we have no clue if it would've worked and what we got was better than what others gave them.

Honestly we don't know the level of freedom Cesaro had in the WWE. We don't know what kind of creativity this guy possesses because the most we've ever seen was in WWE. It's always funny to me how much better everyone could've supposedly been when they leave WWE and then never become anything bigger than what they were in WWE in comparison.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And let's also stop pretending like every single wrestler who doesn't thrive isn't doing so because they're not allowed to be creative. Maybe they were given the ball and the terrible shit we see was their idea. It's impossible for me to believe that it's always 100% the WWE holding these supposedly ultra creative people who weren't allowed the freedom to do what exactly? What freedom did a guy like Cesaro not have? Is it just ASSUMED? Let's be real, what about Cesaro makes people think this guy has a creative mind? He's a great technical wrestler, so was Jerry Lynn and the majority of his career was outside the WWE and he's boring.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What happened after Cesaro beat Seth at WM? I thought he was finally going places but then Rollins and got his win back and I stopped watching. Was it my fault?

I was thinking this morning that Sheamus is the kinda guy I'd like to see in AEW, and with the news of Claudio's release, I still think Sheamus is the kind of solid backbone that AEW needs. Same position, same attitude he has in WWE, would love to see it AEW.

Maybe Claudio can get Chris Hermit to come out from under his rock...
    I think ultimately Claudio is too handsome for wrestling. Give him an underwear model gimmick and it might work. But push him as the strongest man in your company? Yeah, that's not using your noggin.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Was it my fault?
    Yes.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Yes.
    I'm sorry. How can I make this right?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What’s done is done. He gone.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 year run, not bad not bad tho.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    What’s done is done. He gone.
    This is where I say, but everything's been in vain...

And you say, No, it hasn't. Fantasia can rise anew, from your dreams and wishes, Horatio...

But I'm happy with today. I'm fine for now...

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What happened after Cesaro beat Seth at WM? I thought he was finally going places but then Rollins and got his win back and I stopped watching. Was it my fault?

I was thinking this morning that Sheamus is the kinda guy I'd like to see in AEW, and with the news of Claudio's release, I still think Sheamus is the kind of solid backbone that AEW needs. Same position, same attitude he has in WWE, would love to see it AEW.

Maybe Claudio can get Chris Hermit to come out from under his rock...
    I think ultimately Claudio is too handsome for wrestling. Give him an underwear model gimmick and it might work. But push him as the strongest man in your company? Yeah, that's not using your noggin.
    There’s your classic 50/50 right there lol. I know ND is trying to see things from both sides and cool, but I think it’s also fair for us to speculate what we see on TV and booking patterns to at least make educated guesses without having a mic/camera backstage.

I think (and just an opinion) they are trying to keep everyone as equal as possible without having anyone be too big unless push comes to shove and they go to their back pocket by bringing back the same old names. Lesnar for example, fucking love his character right now but he didn’t need to eat everybody like a Pac-Man game in EC. He could still give somewhat and still look strong while making others look strong but they took the lazy option there IMO.

Cesaro breaking Reigns’s title reign would have been magical IMO but they went with safe. None of them I think would have been damaged but they went with what they knew.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There’s your classic 50/50 right there lol. I know ND is trying to see things from both sides and cool, but I think it’s also fair for us to speculate what we see on TV and booking patterns to at least make educated guesses without having a mic/camera backstage.

I think (and just an opinion) they are trying to keep everyone as equal as possible without having anyone be too big unless push comes to shove and they go to their back pocket by bringing back the same old names. Lesnar for example, fucking love his character right now but he didn’t need to eat everybody like a Pac-Man game in EC. He could still give somewhat and still look strong while making others look strong but they took the lazy option there IMO.

Cesaro breaking Reigns’s title reign would have been magical IMO but they went with safe. None of them I think would have been damaged but they went with what they knew.
    They didn't go with safe they went with smart. They went with the right decision. Cesaro is a very good wrestler but that's where it ends. Your claims that maybe he was possibly sort of creative and maybe more freedom might've done him better but I'm sorry dude you are literally the only person, especially now in hindsight, that thinks Cesaro should've won the title off Roman.

For me it's the most annoying thing hearing other fans talk about all these things he could've done if he had been able to do whatever it is you in your opinion think he would've done to elevate.

The problem with Cesaro is simple. Despite WWE pushing him above and beyond what any other company would've pushed him in his entire career, he's in the WWE. They're not Ring of Honor. They're not New Japan. He's a fucking wrestler's wrestler who was pushed as hard as the majority of wrestler's wrestlers get pushed. William Regal, where was his World title run? Lance Storm, where was his mega push in the main event? Bryan Danielson....IDK how far back the ROH thread goes but I was literally the only person thinking he had a shot when he signed to developmental. I knew the WWE could pull out something more than vanilla midget ROH Danielson with his bald head and cape lol.

Guys like Cesaro don't beat guys like Roman Reigns just like guys like Ricky Steamboat didn't beat Hulk Hogan. I mean shit, the best anyone has come up with for Cesaro post-WWE is to join a fuckin stable and be completely in the background in AEW. Wow.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note: 50/50 booking is the result of the smarks crying all the time about how only a handful of people win all the time. So the WWE acknowledge this and make it more even, that everyone is pretty much awesome and anyone can win on any given night except a tiny few.

Now people bitch about that. You should just stop watching wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wrestler's wrestler is a great term for Cesaro.

Make him into an underwear model, though, who knows what he could have been...

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huge Cesaro fan. Dude is amazing. He did a fair amount of decent stuff in WWE but it was very up and down and never really sustained momentum. It could have been better but it wasn't total crap. He will excel wherever he goes and I'm very curious to see what happens with him.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    They didn't go with safe they went with smart. They went with the right decision. Cesaro is a very good wrestler but that's where it ends. Your claims that maybe he was possibly sort of creative and maybe more freedom might've done him better but I'm sorry dude you are literally the only person, especially now in hindsight, that thinks Cesaro should've won the title off Roman.

For me it's the most annoying thing hearing other fans talk about all these things he could've done if he had been able to do whatever it is you in your opinion think he would've done to elevate.

The problem with Cesaro is simple. Despite WWE pushing him above and beyond what any other company would've pushed him in his entire career, he's in the WWE. They're not Ring of Honor. They're not New Japan. He's a fucking wrestler's wrestler who was pushed as hard as the majority of wrestler's wrestlers get pushed. William Regal, where was his World title run? Lance Storm, where was his mega push in the main event? Bryan Danielson....IDK how far back the ROH thread goes but I was literally the only person thinking he had a shot when he signed to developmental. I knew the WWE could pull out something more than vanilla midget ROH Danielson with his bald head and cape lol.

Guys like Cesaro don't beat guys like Roman Reigns just like guys like Ricky Steamboat didn't beat Hulk Hogan. I mean shit, the best anyone has come up with for Cesaro post-WWE is to join a fuckin stable and be completely in the background in AEW. Wow.
    You say that and I don’t necessarily disagree with what they went with there is bad, but say they took the risk and actually went with Cesaro doing it, I still think would have also been magical at least for a short while. Given how Heyman was putting over other guys like Cesaro and other guys like Balor in promos, could’ve framed it in a way like those guys bet all their chips/won and forcing Reigns to think “Oh shit, special counsel was right!” What they did wasn’t stupid (and yes we don’t know how it would’ve went because it didn’t happen) but just once…it would have been cool to see what would’ve happened. Given how dominant they are in the market, I don’t think it would’ve harmed them if they pulled the shock.

Imagine the scenario where they actually followed through with that Raw title win they had Jericho get over HHH but in this case they actually made it stick. That would’ve been cool to actually follow through.

They’re in the position to at least take more chances than they do IMO.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yes I am aware they’ve taken chances with first-time title wins before but (again an opinion), instead of giving these things time to grow, they tend to just go back to what they know (eg Lesnar who I do like right now) because it’s not been the magical quick fix they want. Guys like that pop now, but how sustainable can it be long-term?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What's the biggest risk they took, Jack Swagger? Christian? Bryan?

I think where they started going wrong was having Jericho make it to the top without deserving it kayfabe-wise. I mean, if he's top-level material, make a star out of him by making him look good and strong, not by making him out to be an undeserving fluke.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For better or for worse, WWE is a talking person’s game and not a wrestling person’s game. Yes, there’s plenty of wrestling and the bar has been raised over the last 5-10 years in terms of quality of work, but this company is built on the ability to verbally carry things from point A to point B. It’s a shock if an episodic program doesn’t start with a very long promo. Wrestling chops are required but you’ve gotta confidently carry a 8-12 minute promo segment. Likely just as important, the people in the back gotta believe you can do that too. Even at the peak of Cesaro’s recent run, he barely got time when it mattered to carry things verbally. Right or wrong, creative’s actions dictated that they didn’t believe he could carry that load. That likely plays a big role in him not reaching where many hoped he could go.

I’d say Chad Gable is a guy who’s been able to break through this ceiling and is doing better for himself because of it.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 24th, 2022 at 9:59 PM.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the biggest risk they took, Jack Swagger? Christian? Bryan?

I think where they started going wrong was having Jericho make it to the top without deserving it kayfabe-wise. I mean, if he's top-level material, make a star out of him by making him look good and strong, not by making him out to be an undeserving fluke.
    Swagger was out of nowhere but a complete fail and mistake. Christian wasn’t a mistake and got his due. Bryan they initially didn’t want to until the fans fucking forced them not to do their usual “safe-zone shit. The one time people power actually won, but injury/circumstances prevented that from being more but the initial decision was right.

Jericho had a peak-and-trough run since his debut….which was one of if not the best possible in interrupting the Rock yet they still did not follow through and somehow f’ed that up putting him in stupid hardcore feuds with Road-Dogg and Shamrock. They had a big fucking get from WCW and he was certainly well known enough but back then,reverted back to their safe zone. Had his moments with HHH and the one thing Tempest and I agreed on back in the day, should’ve won Ladt Man Standing at Fully Loaded but reverted back plus storyline feud giving him that a clear victory over HHH.

Jericho obv did go onto achieve success but imagine how good it would’ve been if they had made it big in 00-01 earlier than what they did.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Jericho obv did go onto achieve success but imagine how good it would’ve been if they had made it big in 00-01 earlier than what they did.
    Yeah, I was going to say it was too late for him, but really, they could have rebuilt him even as a heel if that's what they had to do.

In 2001, with Austin freshly turned heel, Jericho could have been absolutely made if they put the title on him by King of the Ring. Then, when the Invasion came in full-force, they could have run Jericho has WCWECW's top target for not rejoining his old brand(s) but I don't think Vince has ever had faith in a full-blown good guy since Ultimate Warrior turned out to be a bad employee.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well we all know how deep you go for Tony's Khan so your response here is noted.

Cesaro will more than likely wind up on AEW tv at some point like the majority of talent that has been released that were on WWE tv.

The last thing Cesaro needs to do is join up with a stable but the lazy booking of AEW will probably see him in at least 1 stable.

Fuck the roster bloat shit? As a fan I disagree. You know why only 2 maybe 3 non-WWE wrestlers have gotten over in AEW? Too many fuckin people lol. It's impossible to get invested in anything unless it's a top WWE guy in it. Every top AEW feud has been lead by a WWE talent. Jericho, Moxley, Punk, Cody, Danielson, nobody gives a fuck about anyone else.
    Hangman.

I still say all of this shitting on people for coming from the WWE is so fucking stupid.

Wrestling is the only career someone can have where if they work for one company they're just never expected to work again. It's so fucking dumb.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not going to get crazy, and predict a ratings swing on Cesaro.

But I hate to see him go.

I know his promos are..less than memorable. But I thought his point came across.

And he's one of my favorite wrestlers. Just really enjoyed his matches consistently.

I'll always root for the guy. And even though I'm skeptical, I'd love for him to get a good run somewhere.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I'm not going to get crazy, and predict a ratings swing on Cesaro.

But I hate to see him go.

I know his promos are..less than memorable. But I thought his point came across.

And he's one of my favorite wrestlers. Just really enjoyed his matches consistently.

I'll always root for the guy. And even though I'm skeptical, I'd love for him to get a good run somewhere.
    Upupdown Uno kept me entertained throughout the pandemic boredom. Wednesday…Unodays just won’t be the same but wish him well.

Love that man x

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Upupdown Uno kept me entertained throughout the pandemic boredom. Wednesday…Unodays just won’t be the same but wish him well.

Love that man x
    I mean upupdowndown has been dead and Da Party was gutted a while ago.

I wonder if he still plays Clash of Clans. I can't wait to hear some dad jokes on a stream.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AEW Sucks View Post
    I mean upupdowndown has been dead and Da Party was gutted a while ago.

I wonder if he still plays Clash of Clans. I can't wait to hear some dad jokes on a stream.
    I’m aware that and DaParty was gone a while ago but still they were lockdown champs in my book. Like I said earlier (in UUDD thread), they finally shipped that shit to the UK then ironic timing they split up lol.

Wednesdays were great though and power to them for keeping that up so long while keeping it fresh. Their banter was unforgettable. Cesaro and 50 card pick-up and Chugs with his bonehead moves including the ultimate when Creed gave him that zero.

Probably BigTony just taking it too far beyond Ronald. Forgettabout it!
    @Donald come back and replenish the jokes please!
    Last edited by Badger; February 24th, 2022 at 11:54 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by AEW Sucks View Post
    Well we know you don't watch WWE, Rudolph.

Fuck all of that roster bloat shit.

If you have the chance to sign Claudio, you sign Claudio.

Have him join up with Mox, Bryan, or both if they do this stable thing.

He doesn't have a non-compete, he could be there next week or at the PPV.
    I do watch occasional AEW and Ring of Honor. Lots of old WWF clips on Youtube.

I do want Cesaro to be super successful elsewhere, but Jesus it's like AEW has become a refugee center of WWE castoffs. Ihope they can utilize these talents better than WWE does.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    I do watch occasional AEW and Ring of Honor. Lots of old WWF clips on Youtube.

I do want Cesaro to be super successful elsewhere, but Jesus it's like AEW has become a refugee center of WWE castoffs. Ihope they can utilize these talents better than WWE does.
    I did mark for (spoiler on the safe side)
    but still yeah, they have more than a roster they can work with which is hard enough with only a couple of hours of Dynamite and one of Rampage (sorry not counting Dark/Elevation no offense guys) but no more room at the inn by now lol!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well we all know how deep you go for Tony's Khan so your response here is noted.

Cesaro will more than likely wind up on AEW tv at some point like the majority of talent that has been released that were on WWE tv.

The last thing Cesaro needs to do is join up with a stable but the lazy booking of AEW will probably see him in at least 1 stable.

Fuck the roster bloat shit? As a fan I disagree. You know why only 2 maybe 3 non-WWE wrestlers have gotten over in AEW? Too many fuckin people lol. It's impossible to get invested in anything unless it's a top WWE guy in it. Every top AEW feud has been lead by a WWE talent. Jericho, Moxley, Punk, Cody, Danielson, nobody gives a fuck about anyone else.
    That's not true though, the non WWE peeps tend to do pretty well. Omega, Page, Buck, MJF, Jungle Boy, Sammy, Brit Baker, Derby, Wardlow, Best Friends/Cassidy, Kingston, Hook, Starks, Shida, Statlander all seem to be in decent spots and pushed fairly heavily.

More of the WWE cross overs who gave struggled like Miro, Hardy, Andrade, FTR, Pac, Christian etc who seem to be in no man's land.

Not a single champion is ex WWE at current.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Christian beat Omega for the Impact title. Omega got the win back fair enough but wasted as the Jurassic Express manager. 1. They don’t need a manager and 2. They promoted him as a workhorse yet…..he’s still managing them?

Unless there’s an injury or he just wants to work lighter I dunno.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    The irony being he didn't stay with WWE to wrestle more... Anyway I have said before how AEW is becoming too top heavy how many top tier talent can you have? I mean they just resigned Brian Cage apparently and when was he last on TV?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chatty View Post
    That's not true though, the non WWE peeps tend to do pretty well. Omega, Page, Buck, MJF, Jungle Boy, Sammy, Brit Baker, Derby, Wardlow, Best Friends/Cassidy, Kingston, Hook, Starks, Shida, Statlander all seem to be in decent spots and pushed fairly heavily.

More of the WWE cross overs who gave struggled like Miro, Hardy, Andrade, FTR, Pac, Christian etc who seem to be in no man's land.

Not a single champion is ex WWE at current.
    You're right, not a single champion is ex WWE, especially the World champ and he fuckin sucks lol. That's the whole point of my post is that nobody is really getting over and the people who are work with top WWE guys. MJF's best feuds were against Jericho and now Punk.

Being pushed doesn't mean you're getting over. You're confusing how Tony Khan positions people versus who is actually drawing, getting over, etc.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tony Khan put the title on a guy that killed his own momentum. Tony then signs CM Punk, Danielson, the list keeps going of people the fans would rather see at the top. The truth is, when you really look through this thread who are we talking about? We're not talking about Britt Baker. We're not talking about Jungle Boy anymore. We're talking about top WWE guys getting the best out of whoever AEW puts them with.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're right, not a single champion is ex WWE, especially the World champ and he fuckin sucks lol. That's the whole point of my post is that nobody is really getting over and the people who are work with top WWE guys. MJF's best feuds were against Jericho and now Punk.

Being pushed doesn't mean you're getting over. You're confusing how Tony Khan positions people versus who is actually drawing, getting over, etc.
    Aye but using someone established to get over young talent is wrestling basics. Not sure how you can get a negative from that.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Page is having a mediocre title reign, but I wouldn't say he's not over. Putting the belt on him was undeniably the right move. The fans wanted it, the fans got it and the fans loved it. It's just been kinda eh the party is over for now vibe.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    page is big time over, he still gets among the loudest pop on the show every time his music hits. generally the loudest pop on the show. but his title reign has certainly been pretty lack luster. he doesn't feel like the biggest star on the show, episodes of dynamite don't feel like they revolve around him and his title reign like they should for a world champion, and the timing was terribly off when they pulled the trigger on giving him the win. not doing it at all out was a very unfortunate, however much it was or wasn't in their control.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had no problem with them putting the title on Page.

I'd take it off soon.

I don't see him going anywhere that he isn't already.

And at some point, you need a Heel American Dragon reign.

And at some point, you need to give Punk his Moment.

And MJF should be a champ sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aye but using someone established to get over young talent is wrestling basics. Not sure how you can get a negative from that.
    Depends on who we're talking about. So what negative are you even talking about?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    page is big time over, he still gets among the loudest pop on the show every time his music hits. generally the loudest pop on the show. but his title reign has certainly been pretty lack luster. he doesn't feel like the biggest star on the show, episodes of dynamite don't feel like they revolve around him and his title reign like they should for a world champion, and the timing was terribly off when they pulled the trigger on giving him the win. not doing it at all out was a very unfortunate, however much it was or wasn't in their control.
    It's 1000000% on Page. He didn't want to chance his child being born on or around the ppv to where he'd have to back out of the Omega match and fuck everyone. So they pivot to the nonsense with Christian and again, by the time Page returned we had Punk, Danielson, even lame ass Adam Cole.

I think if they had him win the title earlier they wouldn't have been in such a mess right now. I said it many times leading up to the original match that it's going to matter more for Page's career with how they book his title reign than his climb. His climb was very mediocre, that whole Dark Order bullshit....It shows why barely a million people tune in to AEW and why they haven't grown their audience since day one. And what they've done since he won, very lackluster.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    what i think was a serious misstep is they took the aspect of page's character that got him so over in the first place -- a loner asskicker who would come out with a drink in his hand, hand it to someone else, hit his move on a bunch of guys, then swig a fan's beer and grab his drink back -- into a "character flaw" that he had to "overcome".

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    what i think was a serious misstep is they took the aspect of page's character that got him so over in the first place -- a loner asskicker who would come out with a drink in his hand, hand it to someone else, hit his move on a bunch of guys, then swig a fan's beer and grab his drink back -- into a "character flaw" that he had to "overcome".
    Yep. That's when I was starting to finally get into him. He wasn't riding any coattails, he wasn't teamed up with Omega, the Bucks, etc he could finally show us something on his own. Maybe if they found him one ally, and not the entire Dork Order, I wouldn't have been too negative.

It was just poor timing and bland booking. I really felt like once he won the title it'd be better but he's almost worse off than before because now he has to try and carry the company despite being virtually unknown.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really understand the Cesaro thing. I think like most wrestlers he could have been booked better without the 50/50 stuff, but he's never a top guy. He's one of the more talented wrestlers on the planet from an athletic perspective, but he doesn't translate that into real high end matches, and he doesn't come off as a main event talent in his promos or how he gets over his act in the ring. He's a mechanic, and a great one, but those guys don't sell out arenas. I think Bret broke the mold for guys that aren't glitzy and OTT with their promos, but he had something special about him in his legitimacy and likeability, and Cesaro has never been able to put all that together despite having said tools.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I don't really understand the Cesaro thing. I think like most wrestlers he could have been booked better without the 50/50 stuff, but he's never a top guy. He's one of the more talented wrestlers on the planet from an athletic perspective, but he doesn't translate that into real high end matches, and he doesn't come off as a main event talent in his promos or how he gets over his act in the ring. He's a mechanic, and a great one, but those guys don't sell out arenas. I think Bret broke the mold for guys that aren't glitzy and OTT with their promos, but he had something special about him in his legitimacy and likeability, and Cesaro has never been able to put all that together despite having said tools.
    Spot on.

And if you listen to some of the people who were on top in Bret's era, you get quite a few questioning why Bret was given the ball in the first place. Jake the Snake, Hogan, Warrior, Honky Tonk, they didn't really see what Vince saw in Bret. I always liked Bret Hart just like I've always liked Cesaro---but I just don't see where Cesaro as World champion would have ever truly worked and personally I think if he did get one it'd be a forgettable Jack Swagger type run.

Cesaro could be this generation's Mr Perfect where you go damn he should've been champion but when? And did he NEED it to cement his legacy? No.

The thing is...I don't think people realize how little WWE just takes a chance on someone with the World titles. People think that's all it would take to make someone a main eventer but there's more to it especially in WWE. People think "oh they could've gifted Cesaro a little title run, see what would happen!" Is that how they did you Mick Foley? They just said "Hey let's give Mankind the WWF title maybe people will actually watch him now!"

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then what did they say?

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Samoa Joe wasn't injured when he relinquished the title.

He had covid and then NXT 2.0 was coming so it was an excuse.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Samoa Joe but that guy's body just wasn't built for pro wrestling. Has he made it a full calendar without something fucking him? Was he this hurt during his run in ROH? TNA he was hurt all the fucking time too.

They should've just pulled an AEW and created an interim champion for the 10 days Joe would be quarantined.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    But, he wasn't injured. If they waited 2 weeks he would have been fine to wrestle.

It just seems like Vince didn't like him, he only has room in his heart for one samoan Joe.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spot on.

And if you listen to some of the people who were on top in Bret's era, you get quite a few questioning why Bret was given the ball in the first place. Jake the Snake, Hogan, Warrior, Honky Tonk, they didn't really see what Vince saw in Bret. I always liked Bret Hart just like I've always liked Cesaro---but I just don't see where Cesaro as World champion would have ever truly worked and personally I think if he did get one it'd be a forgettable Jack Swagger type run.

Cesaro could be this generation's Mr Perfect where you go damn he should've been champion but when? And did he NEED it to cement his legacy? No.

The thing is...I don't think people realize how little WWE just takes a chance on someone with the World titles. People think that's all it would take to make someone a main eventer but there's more to it especially in WWE. People think "oh they could've gifted Cesaro a little title run, see what would happen!" Is that how they did you Mick Foley? They just said "Hey let's give Mankind the WWF title maybe people will actually watch him now!"
    But that right there while correct is why does it always have to be that way? Why does it always have to be the safe zone with guys like Cesaro?

WWE are a much stronger global force than they were in the mid-90s with little fierce competition. Why not take a further chance with Cesaro other than another notch on Reign’s title bed-post?

While I don’t disagree he perhaps doesn’t fit the proto-typical main-event mold, they should afford to take more chances but when they do, if it doesn’t work out, they go back to their safe zone. They just have the inability/patience to make things stick despite being the only real game in town.

Even given all that, they’ve lost a fucking great talent who did what they wanted them to, did his social media part for the company but they’re just so stuck in their ways.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But that right there while correct is why does it always have to be that way? Why does it always have to be the safe zone with guys like Cesaro?

WWE are a much stronger global force than they were in the mid-90s with little fierce competition. Why not take a further chance with Cesaro other than another notch on Reign’s title bed-post?

While I don’t disagree he perhaps doesn’t fit the proto-typical main-event mold, they should afford to take more chances but when they do, if it doesn’t work out, they go back to their safe zone. They just have the inability/patience to make things stick despite being the only real game in town.

Even given all that, they’ve lost a fucking great talent who did what they wanted them to, did his social media part for the company but they’re just so stuck in their ways.
    Why does it always have to be that way? IDK, ask the fans lol. The World title isn't where you "take a chance" on someone. It's that simple.

They wanted Cesaro. He wanted more money. The guy had a great run, better than any other run he's had and ever will have. Could it have been bigger? Maybe. Could it have backfired? Definitely. Some wrestlers just don't transcend into the main event like we want. A great example is Eddie Guerrero. Ratings were starting to drop when he was WWE champion and he requested the title to be taken off him. That's Eddie fucking Guerrero. Cesaro...He was this generation's Bobby Eaton. A mechanic who could work any style against any opponent and he rose to a level in a company that doesn't pride itself on technical wrestling.

There is no prototypical mold. Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar are two totally different wrestlers. Big E fits what mold? Kofi? Kevin Owens? Seth? Those are just the more recent champions. Going back to the 80's you had Bob Backlund, Iron Sheik, Hogan, Andre, and Savage....There's no mold it's a checklist of things and Cesaro didn't meet those or he would've been there. They took chances on him multiple times and not everyone that leaves was a potential World champion.
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; March 2nd, 2022 at 10:59 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would say John Cena was the mold Vince wanted for a long, long time. But that dude is just one in a billion. Brock, Seth, Owens, E, Reigns... the one thing that makes those guys so interesting Cena already had all the same traits, which is why he was the top-top guys for what... 15+ years? As much of a class act and prodigy of professionalism as he is, it was hard stomaching him for so long.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I would say John Cena was the mold Vince wanted for a long, long time. But that dude is just one in a billion. Brock, Seth, Owens, E, Reigns... the one thing that makes those guys so interesting Cena already had all the same traits, which is why he was the top-top guys for what... 15+ years? As much of a class act and prodigy of professionalism as he is, it was hard stomaching him for so long.
    And yet despite that last part, he was still the top merch seller, had the highest rated segments, and when he didn't make it a show--the fans were refunded their money. I imagine if I was my age now in the 80's I would feel the same about Hulk Hogan as I did Cena for many years. I mean, I was barely a fan of Austin and The Rock I was more of a Mankind guy when it came to Attitude Era main eventers as a teen/young adult.

I agree with the first part for sure. Vince had been waiting for that ultimate company guy who was also able to be a top draw. It's also crazy how despite Roman being an obvious heel, he's the most entertaining aspect of the product whereas for many years we were like....what the fuck? Like with Cena though, still moved that merch, still had good ratings for his segments and without all that bullshit his character now wouldn't be as great.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why does it always have to be that way? IDK, ask the fans lol. The World title isn't where you "take a chance" on someone. It's that simple.

They wanted Cesaro. He wanted more money. The guy had a great run, better than any other run he's had and ever will have. Could it have been bigger? Maybe. Could it have backfired? Definitely. Some wrestlers just don't transcend into the main event like we want. A great example is Eddie Guerrero. Ratings were starting to drop when he was WWE champion and he requested the title to be taken off him. That's Eddie fucking Guerrero. Cesaro...He was this generation's Bobby Eaton. A mechanic who could work any style against any opponent and he rose to a level in a company that doesn't pride itself on technical wrestling.

There is no prototypical mold. Roman Reigns and Brock Lesnar are two totally different wrestlers. Big E fits what mold? Kofi? Kevin Owens? Seth? Those are just the more recent champions. Going back to the 80's you had Bob Backlund, Iron Sheik, Hogan, Andre, and Savage....There's no mold it's a checklist of things and Cesaro didn't meet those or he would've been there. They took chances on him multiple times and not everyone that leaves was a potential World champion.
    I love Eddie to bits and miss him as the much as the next wrestling fan and I marked out as much as anyone for that title win, but I’m not sure that’s an entirely fair comparison as his mental and physical health problems unfortunately caught up to him in the end after all those years despite trying to make a turnaround. What I will say about that is Vince did and still does maybe expect too much and can be pretty tunnel-visioned. While Roman and Brock are on the surface two very different characters, they still meet the hard criteria and connections go a long way as well.

While Cesaro is fairly decorated in the tag and midcard title department, I don’t think one World title shot in his career equates to multiple chances. He was just seen ultimately IMO as a safe pair of hands and Vince didn’t want to take a real chance. His powerful uppercut could not break the glass ceiling.

His record downward spiral down the card after that title shot, Vince took him for granted and seen him as safe IMO.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love Eddie to bits and miss him as the much as the next wrestling fan and I marked out as much as anyone for that title win, but I’m not sure that’s an entirely fair comparison as his mental and physical health problems unfortunately caught up to him in the end after all those years despite trying to make a turnaround. What I will say about that is Vince did and still does maybe expect too much and can be pretty tunnel-visioned. While Roman and Brock are on the surface two very different characters, they still meet the hard criteria and connections go a long way as well.

While Cesaro is fairly decorated in the tag and midcard title department, I don’t think one World title shot in his career equates to multiple chances. He was just seen ultimately IMO as a safe pair of hands and Vince didn’t want to take a real chance. His powerful uppercut could not break the glass ceiling.

His record downward spiral down the card after that title shot, Vince took him for granted and seen him as safe IMO.
    I'm not even going to bother trying to pretend like I know anything about how his mental/physical condition played in to why people didn't tune in to see him as champion. It's not like fans were like "Fuck Eddie as champion he has too many mental issues!" It's a fair comparison when talking about certain wrestlers who many of us wanted to see as World champion despite not being your "traditional" option I guess and it didn't work out.

He had multiple chances to break through the glass ceiling and he'd wind up hurt, or it was the wrong time to pull the trigger, or the fans weren't as behind him as you think considering it was Vince not the fans who brought the Cesaro Section signs....

What is the hard criteria that Roman and Brock and many others I mentioned have apparently been able to hit and Cesaro didn't? What is this hard criteria and "connections" you speak of? Did Kofi Kingston check every box to warrant a 6 month WWE title reign? That's a long reign when you think about others that weren't staples of the main event picture i.e. Cena, Orton, Triple H, Roman, Brock.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not even going to bother trying to pretend like I know anything about how his mental/physical condition played in to why people didn't tune in to see him as champion. It's not like fans were like "Fuck Eddie as champion he has too many mental issues!" It's a fair comparison when talking about certain wrestlers who many of us wanted to see as World champion despite not being your "traditional" option I guess and it didn't work out.

He had multiple chances to break through the glass ceiling and he'd wind up hurt, or it was the wrong time to pull the trigger, or the fans weren't as behind him as you think considering it was Vince not the fans who brought the Cesaro Section signs....

What is the hard criteria that Roman and Brock and many others I mentioned have apparently been able to hit and Cesaro didn't? What is this hard criteria and "connections" you speak of? Did Kofi Kingston check every box to warrant a 6 month WWE title reign? That's a long reign when you think about others that weren't staples of the main event picture i.e. Cena, Orton, Triple H, Roman, Brock.
    Eddie (and tbf this is only an educated guess, I don’t know everything) but from what I recall reading at the time an element of him maybe not being able to mentally handle it.

Roman has the Samoan family connection, Brock has the UFC connection because he thinks he can draw in other fans from that world. While I’m not attributing all of that to their success, I think it would be fair to say that could have had a part in their success. Don’t get me wrong, I love both guys work right now but that glass ceiling is still there for everyone and not just Cesaro. It would take something REALLY dramatic for someone to break it.

Kingston did have a decent title reign length I’ll give you that, but look how long, who and how long that ended. That glass ceiling with Brock is really still intact. E had a decentish title reign length but too but again….goes back to Brock and that safe zone as he’s seen as that safe zone guy.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eddie (and tbf this is only an educated guess, I don’t know everything) but from what I recall reading at the time an element of him maybe not being able to mentally handle it.

Roman has the Samoan family connection, Brock has the UFC connection because he thinks he can draw in other fans from that world. While I’m not attributing all of that to their success, I think it would be fair to say that could have had a part in their success. Don’t get me wrong, I love both guys work right now but that glass ceiling is still there for everyone and not just Cesaro. It would take something REALLY dramatic for someone to break it.

Kingston did have a decent title reign length I’ll give you that, but look how long, who and how long that ended. That glass ceiling with Brock is really still intact. E had a decentish title reign length but too but again….goes back to Brock and that safe zone as he’s seen as that safe zone guy.
    Exactly. Look how long it took and they didn't just "try it out" It was by complete accident, 100% organic and the WWE ran with it. They could've gone with safe a lot sooner than 6 months which again is a long time imo especially for a guy like Kofi to get that kind of run.

Is it about safe or is it about what's "best for business"? It's not like anyone is really complaining about Roman and Brock. IMHO, nobody more entertaining than these 2 right now even if they weren't working against each other. Good Guy Lesnar? Where the fuck was this guy?? It's like looking at Hollywood Hogan in 1996-1997 and thinking "Great, Hogan again...." Different circumstances that work effectively.

Not everyone gets to be World champion. I 100% believe Cesaro had an incredible run and went above and beyond where anyone would've ever imagined. I'm a big fan of guys like Tito Santana, D-Lo Brown, Christopher Daniels, wrestlers who you can throw in against anyone and you know it's going to be a good-great match and nobody is coming out of looking weak. They're also guys at one point you could've seen as World champion, but the timing as never right.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Everyone should be world champion before they're released. It's mind boggling that Vince doesn't do this.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so the Rok-C thing WAS true after all. Here's the newest PC class list courtesy of WWE.com:
    The newest class of recruits reported to the WWE Performance Center in Orlando, Fla., this past Monday to begin their journey to WWE Superstardom.

The 14 hopefuls include a variety of up-and-comers who have already made names for themselves on the independent scene, one second-generation Superstar, and several standouts from football, gymnastics and rugby.

Theresa Schuessler who debuted on NXT 2.0 as Fallon Henley, is a 24-year old Tampa, Fla., native with five years of experience under her belt competing in the independent circuit under the name of Tesha Price.

Kayla Inlay has already begun to make a name for herself on NXT 2.0 and NXT Level Up. A former collegiate dancer and cheerleader, Inlay was trained by former WWE Superstar Tyler Breeze after training at his school “Flatbacks.”

A 6-for-2, 305-pound force, Joseph Sculthorpe was an NCAA All-Conference Offensive Lineman at NC State before signing with the Atlanta Falcons as an undrafted free agent. Originally from Hampstead, N.C., Sculthorpe was a high school state heavyweight wrestling champion.

18-year-old Maddie Knisley is a six-time state champion in vault, having trained in competitive gymnastics for 11 years. She also competed on the independent wrestling scene as Nikita Knight

Calyx Hampton is a 22-year-old former athlete from the University of Oregon having competed on the school’s Acrobatics & Tumbling team, earning NCATA Individual Event National Championship honors.

Mitchell Lavalley has made a name for himself on the independent circuit under the moniker “Motherlover” Jake Tucker. Trained by the likes of WWE Hall of Famer Kane, Natalya, Tyson Kidd, and Dr. Tom Prichard, Lavalley won the 2014 “WWE Show Us Your Superstar” Contest when he was 19, making a series of videos at the WWE Performance Center before appearing on the SummerSlam Pre-Show Panel.

Bianca Carelli, the daughter of WWE Superstar Santino Marella, comes to the Performance Center after earning her Bachelor’s degree in biology from Western University. Carelli has extensive training in MMA fighting with a focus on Judo, Jiu Jitsu and Boxing.

Cole McKinney from Charleston, W.Va., has been honing his craft for over a year and a half already after foregoing wrestling offers from multiple DI Universities to pursue his passion for professional wrestling, going by the ring name Cole Karter on the independents.

Twenty-three-year-old David Bostian of Wilmington, N.C., has been a folkstyle wrestler for 16 years while simultaneously training as a powerlifter.

6-foot-4 Gabe Wai heads to Florida from Corvallis.Ore., following his tenure as a DI Rugby player at Lindenwood University. The 260-pound Army Reservist was projected to be drafted into the Professional Rugby League.

Carla Gonzalez from Pasadena, Texas is better known as Rok-C after graduating from Booker T’s Reality of Wrestling school as the youngest ROW Diamonds Champion.

Nnamdi Oguayo of Beltsville, Md., stands at 6-foot-3 and weighs 245 pounds after playing four years on the defensive line for Washington State University.

Edwin Grande was a standout offensive lineman at the University of Idaho and Monterey Peninsula College. The Oakland, Calif., native played for the Houston Blues football team during the 2020 Spring League.

Amelia Herr is an 18-year-old Criminal Justice major out of West Chester, Pa. With two years of Taekwondo training under her belt, she also competed on the independents as The Notorious Mimi

For more information on the WWE’s talent recruitment, including how to apply for a tryout, visit Recruit.WWE.com.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Santino's daughter is also in that group.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine if her gimmick is actually that she's Santino's daughter, complete with Super Mario Italian accent and The Cobra and lolz and everything.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this leads to a series of vignettes where Santino trains her in the way of the cobra, I'm in.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if this leads to a story where she wears a mustache and competes as Brian Carelli.....that's just good long-term storyline development.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet despite that last part, he was still the top merch seller, had the highest rated segments, and when he didn't make it a show--the fans were refunded their money. I imagine if I was my age now in the 80's I would feel the same about Hulk Hogan as I did Cena for many years. I mean, I was barely a fan of Austin and The Rock I was more of a Mankind guy when it came to Attitude Era main eventers as a teen/young adult.

I agree with the first part for sure. Vince had been waiting for that ultimate company guy who was also able to be a top draw. It's also crazy how despite Roman being an obvious heel, he's the most entertaining aspect of the product whereas for many years we were like....what the fuck? Like with Cena though, still moved that merch, still had good ratings for his segments and without all that bullshit his character now wouldn't be as great.
    Hard to compare Cena with Hogan fully imo just due to how different the eras were. Hogan was champ for like 8 years straight give or take some months but unlike Cena Hogan was on TV like once or twice per month and a lot of people didn't even see him that often, mainly just PPVs or specials. A lot easier to keep the same thing going when it's no overexposed. House shows were big business but they could run a match repeat for months doing the exact same match because most people wouldn't go to more than one on that run.

Fast forward to Cena and he's on TV 2-3 times a week, PPVs every month, people posting house show matches on YouTube.

Even harder this era after for a while WWE were running two PPVs per month, about four weekly TV shows, all over social media, the Network etc. Easier for people to get bored or sick a lot quicker.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hard to compare Cena with Hogan fully imo just due to how different the eras were. Hogan was champ for like 8 years straight give or take some months but unlike Cena Hogan was on TV like once or twice per month and a lot of people didn't even see him that often, mainly just PPVs or specials. A lot easier to keep the same thing going when it's no overexposed. House shows were big business but they could run a match repeat for months doing the exact same match because most people wouldn't go to more than one on that run.

Fast forward to Cena and he's on TV 2-3 times a week, PPVs every month, people posting house show matches on YouTube.

Even harder this era after for a while WWE were running two PPVs per month, about four weekly TV shows, all over social media, the Network etc. Easier for people to get bored or sick a lot quicker.
    Overexposure is overexposure. Yes, compared to Hogan's era Cena was on t.v. way more. But the WWE still gave fans refunds if Cena didn't show up. I'm sure they did the same if Hogan couldn't make a town.

So you CAN compare them regardless if they came up in the 50's, 80's, 2000's. It's just HOW you compare them. You have to be mindful of the times. Just because Hogan wasn't on WWF programming as much as John Cena was doesn't mean he wasn't overexposed.

Hogan was EVERYWHERE especially in the 80's. Movies, tv shows, MTV, etc. plus he was on every piece of merch they could slap Hulkamania on. In that era I bet there were plenty of fans who weren't Team Hogan.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thoughts looking back on Cena:

I'm so proud of how well Cena's been doing outside of WWE. The amount of time he spent at the toppy-top of pro wrestling while staying both sane and insanely talented is beyond my words. His run as WWE's cash cow was just - so unapologetically tiresome though. His booking, his promos, his schtick... it was all so anchoring for WWE. It all became a meme. Cena should have left way sooner and pursued other things... I dunno... 4 years before he did? Nash is right as well: overexposure is overexposure. And where Hogan and Cena were both parallel when it came to overexposure, it was WWE's fault. Since the early 90's, Vince has sharpened his knack for stretching enjoyable and special things into unenjoyable and unspecial things. WWE could have really started opening the door for more top stars not named John Cena when Nexus started, or when CM Punk dropped the pipe bomb, or even when Bray Wyatt debuted.

Cena's a star, no doubt about it. He was made for the big screen. That's why when he returned and faced Bray/Fiend in that horrendously overproduced trash bin at Wrestlemania it felt like he was taking several steps back. I'll always respect the man for everything he did making so many kids happy, but I'll always be reminded how excruciating it was to listen to the same Cena shit every week.

I hope he's super happy where he is now, because I know his success in Hollywood is only going to get bigger. Plus, Peacemaker is my shit.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena was Jordan and if you can still play Jordan and he's delivering on every level, why try to bench him? Why have him just pass the ball?

I used to wonder why someone like CM Punk didn't get more love but then you realize he's not the star that the director was looking for. I can't speak on what kind of numbers Punk threw up either. He had a shirt that sold really well but beyond that what were the ratings? What were the draws at live events and ppvs and Raw/SD when he was on top?

Sadly with Cena, just like Hogan in the 80's, Vince went with what was safe more often than not and to Vince's credit he wasn't wrong. We rarely see guys like Cena, it seems like every 15-20 years we get maybe 2 or 3 talents that really break the barriers. John Cena was a week from getting released and saved his job by accident. You can't predict the next big thing. Even the last guy they called that had to leave WWE and go fight in the UFC to become the draw he is today.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really should have had Cena beat Taker by cheating to end the streak and turn heel around WM28/29.

That would have been the biggest moment in wrestling in about two decades and would have caused a buzz that would have brought in a great era.

Heel Cena with face Punk and Bryan chasing and The Shield lads all coming through. Could have been huge.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man... I still think they shouldn't have ended the streak at all. Very few things in pro wrestling stay pure, the streak should have stayed unbroken.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really should have had Cena beat Taker by cheating to end the streak and turn heel around WM28/29.

That would have been the biggest moment in wrestling in about two decades and would have caused a buzz that would have brought in a great era.

Heel Cena with face Punk and Bryan chasing and The Shield lads all coming through. Could have been huge.
    I've always liked the idea of Cena ending the streak. Too bad we didn't have Tribal Chief Roman 4-5 years ago that would've been a solid choice as well.

I'll be honest, can't say I'm negative to the fact Taker's only losses at Mania were to Lesnar and Roman Reigns. Especially when you think about how Mania 30 went down, he was basically beat for real. Roman beats him it was definitely that passing of the torch type moment. Same with Lesnar I guess as Lesnar wrestled about as much as Taker did.

Man... I still think they shouldn't have ended the streak at all. Very few things in pro wrestling stay pure, the streak should have stayed unbroken.
    The only saving grace is knowing that it's almost a given we will never see the streak replicated. Who's #2? Edge? I think he had like 5 wins in a row lol.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Co-sign.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only saving grace is knowing that it's almost a given we will never see the streak replicated. Who's #2? Edge? I think he had like 5 wins in a row lol.
    From time to time they remind us that Michael Cole has an unbeaten Mania streak as well

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Producer Pat Buck who is co-owner of the Create A Pro wrestling school resigned (left) from WWE today.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sounds like Nash Carter was released, likely related to the photo his wife he's separated from posted on Twitter yesterday.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That's a shame, MSK was one of my favorite teams, even if I only saw them wrestle twice. I wonder if the accusations were proven true.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think it's probably the photo where he had a Hitler moustache and was doing the Nazi salute that got him fired.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    I think it's probably the photo where he had a Hitler moustache and was doing the Nazi salute that got him fired.
    Probably, but I'm sure those pictures were meant to be private between the two of them.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Of course. Just meant to be a dumb joke, I'm sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm telling you guys....women do not fuck around.

The fact is if he is released it's because the WWE don't have time for this kind of shit.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, that's gonna make for an awkward NXT tag team title situation...

...on the plus side, I prefer Wes Lee and think he has solo potential.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just have him join Imperium.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

This is Wes Lee's wife who Nash Carter has been staying with. She said earlier Nash Carter served Kimber Lee divorce papers on monday. She has a point here though.

But on the other hand this Kimber Lee lady, who I've only seen a few times on Impact, and who apparently isn't signed by Impact anymore even though she keeps saying she is, seems totally unhinged.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Maybe it was a mutual parting of ways, like Nash Carter said "release me, I'll take care of all this shit, and once I'm cleared I'll come back"

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just bring Wes Lee up to the main roster to tag with Riddle when Randy turns on him.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't there some drama when Kimber Lee was in WWE for the MYC? She got signed and then got released because of something but I forget what...don't see anything on Wikipedia.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post

This is Wes Lee's wife who Nash Carter has been staying with. She said earlier Nash Carter served Kimber Lee divorce papers on monday. She has a point here though.

But on the other hand this Kimber Lee lady, who I've only seen a few times on Impact, and who apparently isn't signed by Impact anymore even though she keeps saying she is, seems totally unhinged.
    Shocked at your stance, Not. Mark Hammer clone

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    ShES unHiNGeD

Ignoring the literal photo as a 'joke' and the allegations attached that he is very anti lgbt etc, but then again you are a massive nazi yourself.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    You disagree that she seems unhinged? I thought for sure your brain short circuited trying to figure out which woman is telling the truth. How do you know which woman to believe when two women are giving contradictory accounts of the situation? Do you even watch Impact or do you just like white knighting?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has the same stance as Wes Lee's wife. I'm 1000% positive she doesn't know who Mark Hammer is.

Genuinely curious what your take is on Marie's tweets about the situation. Doesn't seem like you're ready to handle that part of the conversation, another woman supporting the man---Somebody open the window so we can hear the Bow Street Runner.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    ShES unHiNGeD

Ignoring the literal photo as a 'joke' and the allegations attached that he is very anti lgbt etc, but then again you are a massive nazi yourself.

I can only imagine what you'd like to say to this black woman right now.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    When's the hitler picture from?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Peter you better change your username, stop watching South Park, you're enabling this Nazi culture.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wes's wife is saying the Hitler pic is from years ago.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    When's the hitler picture from?
    When is irrelevant. The fact is he sent it to his wife, she is using it to ruin him out of spite.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Eh, who hasn't done stupid things years ago. What matters is how he is now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's one of those things like with Hogan. Nobody is condoning what Hogan said, just questioning the way we heard about it. Just like this picture. Was this little idiot trimming the beard and said haha look a Hitler stache--almost positive. Now if we find out him and his frat buddies dressed up as Nazis for a kegger, I'm not about that.

On the live stream tonight I'll ask my best friend who is only 2nd to Ben Shapiro when it comes to being Jewish. This is the same guy who in HS was given detention for a week for making a Holocaust joke in show choir. Well he was repeating it to me and some girl overheard it thinking it was someone else. Nope it was the guy with witz in his last name lol.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well look at Mr. Nash "I have Jewish friends" Diesel over here.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Oh well that's OK then.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Never said it was okay. Someone asked and I answered what I knew.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Oh well I didn't see that.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wanted him to change his name to Nash Hall.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh well that's OK then.
    It could be if he's grown as a person since the photo was taken. I'm sure we've all done and said dumb things from years past. Shouldn't have to follow us all our life, if we recognize our errors.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No, you don't understand. Peter has never did or said anything stupid or offensive. He is as perfect a person as there is and we can all only hope to live up to his virtuous example.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    It’s likely just a goofy picture there’s nothing wrong with it. Neurotic weirdos really want people to live every moment of their lives with the primness of being at a Google HR meeting.