Page 112 of 140 FirstFirst ... 102108109110111112113114115116122 ... LastLast
Results 11,101 to 11,200 of 13972

Thread: The WWE Signing/Release thread

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fav part were the post production sound effects for things like superkicks and RANDY ORTON DROPKICKS (tm)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I remember when people were super hyped about LU and saying it was the best wrestling show every week. Must've turned pretty shit at some point.
    It was, but El Rey didn't know how to maintain it and let it all fizzle away. Huge disappointment.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    All four are 40 or nearing 40, they could be used as veterans in any promotion to teach the younger guys and help get them over. Don't see them making any splash anywhere else.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when people were super hyped about LU and saying it was the best wrestling show every week. Must've turned pretty shit at some point.
    First couple of seasons were great, but then the novelty started to wear thin for me soon after that. It became just a bit too cheesy and OTT.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lucha Lucha lucha

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the WWE need to make room. They can't just keep talent in case they MIGHT blow up in another promotion. Not everyone gets over by doing the ol' "I just left the WWE now here's my promo of how I was being held back" so imo let's cut some more. There's no reason to keep talent you're going to use especially when developmental aka NXT is better than most of the main roster as it is.

SNTS aka Shiny New Toy Syndrome. I also think they had some long gaps going into Season 3 and 4, and let's be honest.....When you put your "world title" on Jack Swagger, it's not exactly awesome lol.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Asencion haven't wrestled since June wtf. You know, I really liked Viktor, I thought he was a solid hand but Konnor looked a lot more green.

Bagel
    Ascension grew on me showing some character with their interactions with Breezango, which was probably the height of their main roster time. Maybe they will invade the Impact Zone and become the Descent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    The Asencion haven't wrestled since June wtf. You know, I really liked Viktor, I thought he was a solid hand but Konnor looked a lot more green.
    And 99% of the time they did wrestle it was in a forgotten Main Event match lol. They were cool in NXT and had WWE really planned out what to do with them they could have been solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    Ascension grew on me showing some character with their interactions with Breezango, which was probably the height of their main roster time. Maybe they will invade the Impact Zone and become the Descent.
    lol. Or join up with the creator of Ascension, Ricardo Rodriguez in the indies.

I liked the little stable they had going with Stardust. AEW bound? lol

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

I liked the little stable they had going with Stardust. AEW bound? lol
    I picture Cody Rhodes, sitting backstage at a table with other WWE jobbers like Ascension and Jack Swagger, and being like "This is bullshit we're not used, I'm going to create my own company one day and we'll show the WWE" and then Chris Jericho walks by and says "Yeah we can take down this machine together, call me up when you do this".

You're gonna see Konnor and Victor as Cody's bodyguards in 90 days I bet.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picture Cody Rhodes, sitting backstage at a table with other WWE jobbers like Ascension and Jack Swagger, and being like "This is bullshit we're not used, I'm going to create my own company one day and we'll show the WWE" and then Chris Jericho walks by and says "Yeah we can take down this machine together, call me up when you do this".

HAHAHA. I mean it does sound possible.

Cody was super smart. He piggybacked off the success of the Bullet Club which at the time was the hottest non-WWE wrestling property on the planet. TBH, probably in the top 5 of any wrestling promotion in terms of popularity. I would bet there are people who don't even care about the tie-in to pro wrestling, the name BULLET CLUB and their shirts are dope as fuck.

But yeah, he knew what the fuck to do and he had the charisma and ability in general to be able to ride the wave and not just benefit himself, but the wrestling industry.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the WWE need to make room. They can't just keep talent in case they MIGHT blow up in another promotion. Not everyone gets over by doing the ol' "I just left the WWE now here's my promo of how I was being held back" so imo let's cut some more. There's no reason to keep talent you're going to use especially when developmental aka NXT is better than most of the main roster as it is.

SNTS aka Shiny New Toy Syndrome. I also think they had some long gaps going into Season 3 and 4, and let's be honest.....When you put your "world title" on Jack Swagger, it's not exactly awesome lol.
    It's hard to get invested in a show like LU when every season could be it's last.

I think Konnor had potential for a singles run and could have been a solid mid-carder. There was a brief period when he was getting some singles matches and it looked like he might get a push, but it fizzled out quickly

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    It's hard to get invested in a show like LU when every season could be it's last.

I think Konnor had potential for a singles run and could have been a solid mid-carder. There was a brief period when he was getting some singles matches and it looked like he might get a push, but it fizzled out quickly
    I think that's what happened with LU. You start hearing shit like "oh season 3 isn't happening because they don't have the money" and it took forever. By then the SNTS started to wear off completely.

As far as Ascension....I think the only reason Konnor was getting that little singles run was due to Viktor being hurt. Then I think Konnor failed a drug test and you had Viktor getting a little bit of a singles run while Konnor was out.

I remember the tag-team EC match. I think Ascension had 2-3 eliminations but they never did anything after that other than the weird shit with Fashion Police.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    I admit I've come up with an idea of how a fifth season would go if I was doing it. The Order, led by Antonio Cueto, would be holding shows in a new Temple with Jake Strong running roughshod for the most part. The heroes would be separated; Pentagon has disappeared, a feral Fenix is kept locked away by Melissa Santos, Son of Havoc has gone back to his biker gang and patrols the open road, Ivelisse is working as a bouncer, Johnny Mundo has buried himself in Hollywood to forget about Taya, and Aerostar and Dario would be in hiding. The season would revolve around Mil Muertes turning face and winning Aztec Warfare V (featuring Jon Moxley and Ultimo Dragon as guest entrants) and Pentagon returning to get revenge on Hexagon Black for costing him the title and culminate with Dario returning to lead a team against The Order at Ultima Lucha Cinco with Aerostar defeating Lord Barrett to save the Temple and Muertes beating Strong to reclaim the title.
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; May 28th, 2021 at 1:14 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    I admit I've come up with an idea of how a fifth season would go if I was doing it. The Order, led by Antonio Cueto, would be holding shows in a new Temple with Jake Strong running roughshod for the most part. The heroes would be separated; Pentagon has disappeared, a feral Fenix is kept locked away by Melissa Santos, Son of Havoc has gone back to his biker gang and patrols the open road, Ivelisse is working as a bouncer, Johnny Mundo has buried himself in Hollywood to forget about Taya, and Aerostar and Dario would be in hiding. The season would revolve around a returning Konnan (who Aerostar would've saved) bringing together as many of the tribes as possible to combat The Order and Pentagon returning to get revenge on Hexagon Black for costing him the title. It would culminate with Dario returning to lead a team against The Order at Ultima Lucha Cinco with Aerostar defeating Lord Barrett to save the Temple and Pentagon defeating Jake Strong to reclaim the title.
    Having not watched Season 4, I love that I have no context for any of this! It sounds like classic LU though

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that's what happened with LU. You start hearing shit like "oh season 3 isn't happening because they don't have the money" and it took forever. By then the SNTS started to wear off completely.
    It was a combination of things.

Things really started when AAA began allowing some of their roster in on Underground after Konnan acted as the scout. He knew the right people and he knew how to build a bridge between AAA and the execs at El Rey. After season 1... they knew if they sharpened things up then they had something that could be really special. Season 2 comes around and this is when things were at their hottest, definitely the peak of the entire show. Season 3 starts coming around and then El Rey comes to the realization that a large portion of the roster can't make certain dates/tapings because they're independent contractors. They have bookings elsewhere, sprinkled throughout the US, Mexico and Japan. They then set certain dates that are mandatory for them to make, which the roster obliged. But then there would be production delays, which pissed off a lot of the roster because they were sacrificing weeks upon weeks for El Rey only to miss other events they could have been paid for.

Season 3's midseason was damage control because El Rey knew they were in trouble, which is why so many viewers had no idea there was even going to be a midseason finale. A year and a half had gone by between filming the first and second half of season 3, with most of the roster having zero clue where things were going and some saying they were over it and wanted out.

Season 4 comes and El Rey management could not hold onto the wrestlers. Some said their relationship w/ execs tanked... some simply asked for their release outright, but they had to wait for the tapings so that they could be written or killed off. The fire was gone. Nobody was talking about it anymore. The storylines sucked, the production was different, and management had no idea what to do. The season 4 finale was the edge of the cliff.

So in the end, it was Konnan's toxic behavior backstage... no organization for taping dates... wrestlers having obligations elsewhere... overlapping schedules... clueless management... and an overall bad mix between pro wrestling and TV execs.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    lucha underground season 1 was the best thing wrestling produced this decade

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the problem with LU is it got too stupid. the stories came off the rails and it lost its footing as a pro wrestling show. this happened around the middle of season 2. also too much intergender stuff. at one point things did get better for a while, particularly the johnny mundo vs. mack feud.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I noticed a dramatic drop-off in match quality as well in Season 4. Either that or it seemed like the matches were heavily edited. They no longer seemed like full fledged matches but rather these 3 minute highlight reels that finished way too early or were anywhere near satisfying.

Such a shame, I loved the characters of Puma, Pentagon, Cuerno, Fenix, AeroStar, Marty the Moth, Angelico, Son of Havoc, - it was just so fun getting into these weird storylines about tribes as well and eventually watching them interact with others.

Mil Muertes was a friggin' beast as well.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    lucha underground season 1 was the best thing wrestling produced this decade
    Yup.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss it, but I fuckin hate it too.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Timothy Thatcher has finally signed with WWE. Last member of Ringkampf to join the roster. I wonder if he'll join those guys on NXT UK or stick to the US.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Timothy Thatcher has finally signed with WWE. Last member of Ringkampf to join the roster. I wonder if he'll join those guys on NXT UK or stick to the US.
    Yep him and Killer Kross

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Killer Kross, the guy who denied meeting with Triple H. What a fucking liar. Hate him already.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Killer Kross, the guy who denied meeting with Triple H. What a fucking liar. Hate him already.
    LOL. I hate Edge too for lying all these months about being cleared.

I hate Lars too, for lying about something nobody asked him about.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Never an Edge fan, fell of the Lars bandwagon, guy just sucks these days.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never an Edge fan, fell of the Lars bandwagon, guy just sucks these days.
    Right? It's like, he's so bad I barely even realize he's there.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kross signing makes me happy face. Dude is going to set the world on fire.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Taynara has left. Bummer, as I felt she was finally starting to get her footing and become comfortable in her skin as a wrestler. Apparently it was a financial disagreement and she also refused to work the Womens Battle Royal. If the BR part is true, then that's a frickin' dumb move on her part.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Taynara has left. Bummer, as I felt she was finally starting to get her footing and become comfortable in her skin as a wrestler. Apparently it was a financial disagreement and she also refused to work the Womens Battle Royal. If the BR part is true, then that's a frickin' dumb move on her part.
    She was starting to look more fluid in the ring but she still had a ways to go in that regard and there wasn't any kind of substantial hints of personality that were being presented. It seemed like that last factor was more visible via their house shows or social media but she just wasn't on TV enough for it to get to that stage.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    She was starting to look more fluid in the ring but she still had a ways to go in that regard and there wasn't any kind of substantial hints of personality that were being presented. It seemed like that last factor was more visible via their house shows or social media but she just wasn't on TV enough for it to get to that stage.
    She had a very rough start, no doubt about it. I remember they through her out there against Nikki Cross like she was supposed to be a big deal, but then she turned out to be a cowardly nobody. She had some matches back in 2017 where it was obvious she had no idea how to perform in front of a crowd. She used to do this thing where she would scream ARE YOU CRAZY?! and nobody would ever react to it. Was she nuts, was she a badass? Nobody knew, she didn't know. Took her 2 years to finally pinpoint what her offense was and she was looking really good late 2019. Too bad she ultimately went nowhere.

If anybody else is on the chopping block, I'd definitely imagine Aliyah and Vanessa Borne are there too because they've been on NXT for what 5 years now and haven't been able to connect with anyone.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I follow Taynara on Instagram. She was training in some kind of martial arts. One of her Insta stories had her sparring with her instructor and looking like a badass.

Shame to see her go. She was hot, she was training to be a real in-ring threat, and she had some personality - at least in real life.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. Taynara seemed like she had a lot of potential. Legit badass who seemed to be putting it together in the ring, fairly charismatic, and a stunner to look at. I was digging her.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. Taynara seemed like she had a lot of potential. Legit badass who seemed to be putting it together in the ring, fairly charismatic, and a stunner to look at. I was digging her.
    It's hard out there if there's easily 8-10 women ahead of her in the pecking order. That division is beyond stacked.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's why you move a few of the top end to RAW/SD so you can freshen up their scenes and make room for more of the new NXT folks to step up on their brand.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's hard out there if there's easily 8-10 women ahead of her in the pecking order. That division is beyond stacked.
    When they had her team up with the Undisputed Era awhile back I thought that was genius.....And then she wasn't with them again so maybe my idea of genius versus NXT's idea of genius are completely different. Which is the only explanation I have for Adam Cole and company getting contracts.

That's why you move a few of the top end to RAW/SD so you can freshen up their scenes and make room for more of the new NXT folks to step up on their brand.
    Exactly. And let's release some of these duds that are on the main roster. Also, we need to have a larger female presence in general IMHO so let's cut some of the men as well, free up those spots, free up some money. I saw Heath Slater on Smackdown and it made me sad. I was like, where the fuck have you been, Main Event purgatory? Nope, just pretty much getting older and fatter. But he gotta go.

This woman had a lot of potential imo, but who knows maybe the WWE didn't feel that way and she was frustrated....It says she "walked out" and honestly she looked like she would be the type you don't fuck with lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When they had her team up with the Undisputed Era awhile back I thought that was genius.....And then she wasn't with them again so maybe my idea of genius versus NXT's idea of genius are completely different. Which is the only explanation I have for Adam Cole and company getting contracts.

Exactly. And let's release some of these duds that are on the main roster. Also, we need to have a larger female presence in general IMHO so let's cut some of the men as well, free up those spots, free up some money. I saw Heath Slater on Smackdown and it made me sad. I was like, where the fuck have you been, Main Event purgatory? Nope, just pretty much getting older and fatter. But he gotta go.

This woman had a lot of potential imo, but who knows maybe the WWE didn't feel that way and she was frustrated....It says she "walked out" and honestly she looked like she would be the type you don't fuck with lol.
    She's no Peyton Royce, though...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's no Peyton Royce, though...
    Of course not. But then again, who from this era even comes close to Peyton Royce. She's so good they had to take her off tv the last 3-4 months to let Becky and others get a little shine.

When Peyton returns for her WM 36 main event against Becky you'll see what I've been saying the last year or 2. Peyton Royce=THE MUTHAFUCKIN FUTURE MUTHAFUCKAZ!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course not. But then again, who from this era even comes close to Peyton Royce. She's so good they had to take her off tv the last 3-4 months to let Becky and others get a little shine.

When Peyton returns for her WM 36 main event against Becky you'll see what I've been saying the last year or 2. Peyton Royce=THE MUTHAFUCKIN FUTURE MUTHAFUCKAZ!
    lol

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    cathy kelley announced that takeover will be her last show i will miss her. rip

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She seemed like a nice lady and was good at her job. All the best, Queen Cathy.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I find it interesting that they have done business with individuals named "Mike Knox" and "Mike Nox".

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Apparently she didn't leave, as she was on a house show tonight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As Jim Cornette said about Kylie Rae after she left AEW and "retired";

"Imagine that; a woman changing her mind about something."

Taynara Conti is more "will she or won't she?" about wrestling for the WWE than Ross and Rachel were about getting together on "Friends".

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's great news

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear it. Hopefully they worked things out.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spudz Mackenzie View Post
    As Jim Cornette said about Kylie Rae after she left AEW and "retired";

"Imagine that; a woman changing her mind about something."

Taynara Conti is more "will she or won't she?" about wrestling for the WWE than Ross and Rachel were about getting together on "Friends".
    She was on a break!

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so this is what she wore at that show...
    https://www.instagram.com/p/B8nRLpth...ource=ig_embed

dadamndamn.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Incredible stuff

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    She's hot.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M.M. View Post
    I thought they weren't going to be releasing talent for a while?
    There are rumors of a "spring cleaning" scheduled for right after WrestleMania 35, which would not be surprising as I am fairly certain they do that every year after WM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As part of the post I mentioned in the news thread:
    Drake Maverick, Curt Hawkins, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, EC3, and Lio Rush were released.

Eric Young and Heath Slater were added to the list of those released. As were Kurt Angle and Aiden English.

Producers Dave Finlay, Mike Rotunda, Shane Helms, and Lance Storm were also released.

Billy Kidman, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari, Scott Armstrong, and Sarah Stock were added to the list of those released.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; April 15th, 2020 at 2:35 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson, Gallows, EC3, Lio Rush, Hawkins and Drake Maverick gone so far. Always good to see parents sacked in the name of sustained profit.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Isn't Drake Maverick in that CW tournament?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Isn't Drake Maverick in that CW tournament?
    I don't think he is anymore

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why am I ever shocked at what this company does?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I don't think he is anymore
    Breeze was a better option, tbh

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Breeze was a better option, tbh
    I did like Drake's story going in though

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Braun's buddies (EC3 and Maverick) gone. Styles' buddies (Anderson and Gallows) gone.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heath Slater and Eric Young too. I know the world isn't a charity, but maybe don't sack them at a time they can't work elsewhere? Scumbags.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I did like Drake's story going in though
    I mean, both were a "perceived" one, but you really had to dig deeper as a viewer to buy in the perceived story for Drake.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hope it's a case of when this clears up they hire them right back.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Heath Slater and Eric Young too. I know the world isn't a charity, but maybe don't sack them at a time they can't work elsewhere? Scumbags.
    They have another company to work for. It's just a matter of if they're willing to sign them or not.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Most of them weren't doing anything, maybe some are happy to be released. Surprised by Gallows, Anderson and Maverick though. Losing Lio Rush is a dumb move though, incredible in the ring.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lance storm just started in Feb I believe

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whoaaaaa. I always thought Heath would be a lifer.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    Lance storm just started in Feb I believe
    He was hired in November.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Whoaaaaa. I always thought Heath would be a lifer.
    Zack Ryder is doing everything in his power to avoid answering the phone.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do they have any producers left now? I mean, fucking nora.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wonder if they'll release injured talent like Jinder and Lars. Speaking of Jinder, the Singh brothers might get released...

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kurt Angle released.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kurt Angle gone too

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Aiden English....

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez Louise!

Some of them were not doing much anyway but Gallows, Anderson and Rush really?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Blood letting

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. Probably getting a decent paycheck and instead of chopping 20 NXT wrestlers they cut the heftier yet underused talent.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wow. I get they are taking a hit but some of the people being released it a bit surprising. They just announced Drake as part of that cruiserweight tournament and Gallows and Anderson are on tv all the time with AJ. Sucks for all those producers as well but there is a lot less working going on without live events and full tv show productions going on.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This goes to show that WWE was hoarding a lot of wrestlers that weren't doing a lot. Finlay is an interesting one because a lot of people have said he did a lot to build the improved quality for the females in terms of Raw and Smackdown.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As part of the post I mentioned in the news thread:
    Drake Maverick, Curt Hawkins, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows, EC3, and Lio Rush were released.

Eric Young and Heath Slater were added. As were Kurt Angle and Aiden English.

Producers Dave Finlay, Mike Rotunda, Shane Helms, and Lance Storm were also released.

Billy Kidman, Pat Buck, Shawn Daivari, Scott Armstrong, and Sarah Stock were added.
    I heard Kurt angle was released. Is that what you mean when you say he was added?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike bastard Chioda! He was surely the non-McMahon with the longest stint there?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Strange times indeed...

Finlay and Rush in AEW would be cool.

Rajah Universal Champion Mikey73181's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sarah Logan added

Classy new Stevie
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Mike bastard Chioda! He was surely the non-McMahon with the longest stint there?
    Rarely post. But Mike Chioda??? Fucks sake.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Heath Slater is free baby. I want to see him somewhere else.

A good old fashioned spring clean.

Mike Chioda had been there 31 years.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    The CW title tournament is more interesting w/o Drake Maverick...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Drake Maverick is going to be allowed to compete in the tournament.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    The CW title tournament is more interesting w/o Drake Maverick...
    He'll still be in it.

He's just tweeted a video where he mentions that they're still going to allow him to compete. Suffice to say he looks pretty devastated.

https://twitter.com/WWEMaverick/stat...93936185102339

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sara Logan and Mike Chioda released as well.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    He'll still be in it.

He's just tweeted a video where he mentions that they're still going to allow him to compete. Suffice to say he looks pretty devastated.

What a lucky guy.
    Hopefully he goes out in flames.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Maybe instead of a $20 million dollar bride to keep the PC open, they could have saved a few jobs.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rowan, Primo and Epico Colon released, as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He'll still be in it.

I’m gonna assume this means it’s already been taped.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Kanellis added.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey73181 View Post
    I’m gonna assume this means it’s already been taped.
    Not necessarily.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rowan, Primo and Epico Colon released, as well.
    Tbh surprised the Colons have lasted this long but Rowan’s a shocker.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Drake Maverick recording a tearful video about losing his job and wondering how he'll feed his family only to pretend he's about to wrestle his final ever matches just to cover for the fact that NXT had already been taped would be a bit odd.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey73181 View Post
    Mike Kanellis added.
    And his wife, Maria.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That Drake video is heartbreaking. Can't wait to read about Vince's next drawings from the company after that.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    I should understand this by now, but do these people get the 90 day no compete clause?