0 Thread(s)
    Sorry absolutely right, sorry RIP.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No worries.

It’s the only possible use I can see for her, she’s useless in the ring, can’t carry a promo and has the charisma of Corbins jockstrap.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    How did the Bellas blackball Maria? Not heard this.
    https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...he-bella-twins

I don't know if it was something that truly happened, you know how these things go in the world of pro wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not the first time someone's had bad things to say about the Bellas. Maryse had issues with them for a long time. Around 2011 her, the Bellas, and someone else did a solidarity thing when they were renegotiating their contracts. WWE would take all of them, or none of them. Suddenly, the Bellas went behind Maryse and the other girl's back and signed a new contract without saying anything. And Brie was her roommate at the time. The Bellas downplayed it, but Maryse still held a grudge.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Understandably so. I do remember Maryse cutting a worked shoot promo on Nikki in 2016/17 where she said that Nikki had cost her a tv role...wonder if that is true also.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure, we can blame Brie and Nikki Bella for an awful lot, but they can't be responsible for the dreadful Maria/Mike Kanellis storyline, can they?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Sure, we can blame Brie and Nikki Bella for an awful lot, but they can't be responsible for the dreadful Maria/Mike Kanellis storyline, can they?
    Fuck no. I blame Maria and the WWE. Maria for always talking mad shit about the company when she left which in turn had the WWE give them a gimmick that buried her husband on the spot.

It had potential though. But when you have dude come out with his wife's name, that's a little too beta male for me, and everyone else. But I liked the concept of him being extremely pussy whipped.

IDK if Mike ever had potential beyond the lower midcard. I wasn't a fan of his, I love Maria though. Maria with another talent that they wanted to invest in would have been great, could still be great if she sticks around but I doubt she will if Mike leaves.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All of you absolutely hating on Maria Kanellis.

The heel, Maria Kanellis.

Too subtle?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    All of you absolutely hating on Maria Kanellis.

The heel, Maria Kanellis.

Too subtle?
    So are they hating on her because she's a good heel, or are they hating on her because she's a shit performer?

I'm a huge fan of her work, BUT I totally 110% understand why someone wouldn't be a fan of not just her work, but her in general. When you listen to her shoots, she sounds kind of ignorant to how the business works and her social media can be a pain to read.

So giving these dudes the benefit of the doubt I'm going to say it's not that Maria is doing her job as a heel, it's that she's doing a shit job as a heel, as a talent. I think we can dislike the performance and not have people go "Oh well she's a heel you're supposed to dislike her" Mehhhhh not in this context. People boo Sami Zayn because he's doing a good job as a heel, they change the channel when Mike and Maria come on. Assholes.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought she was solid on the mic. I rather liked her and Mike's initial gimmick of just being disgustingly in love and didn't mind the more recent stuff although it seemed a bit directionless. Can't really say much about Mike's in-ring work since I only saw a couple of matches where he had time to do anything earlier on (which i was not impressed by) and more recently he was just getting squashed (outside of 205 Live where it sounded like he was actually having more standard back and forth contests). So overall, as a pairing I thought they had potential and I thought she was a good manager. Can't say I'll miss them when they're gone, though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I thought she was solid on the mic. I rather liked her and Mike's initial gimmick of just being disgustingly in love and didn't mind the more recent stuff although it seemed a bit directionless. Can't really say much about Mike's in-ring work since I only saw a couple of matches where he had time to do anything earlier on (which i was not impressed by) and more recently he was just getting squashed (outside of 205 Live where it sounded like he was actually having more standard back and forth contests). So overall, as a pairing I thought they had potential and I thought she was a good manager. Can't say I'll miss them when they're gone, though.
    Yeah man like I said the gimmick had potential. Sharing the same last name was a little too much for me and like I said I think it killed Mike IMMEDIATELY. It was a gimmick that if the WWE weren't committed to seeing through, it was going to fail. And the only way to go would have been to split them up 4-5 months down the road. Mike getting sick and tired of her shit, and turning babyface.

Correct me if I'm wrong shortly after they debut she gets pregnant and has to dip out, right? Basically what we saw at the start, and what we saw recently, is what should have gone down the first 4-5 months and then boom, Mike's a babyface. Maybe him and Maria reconnect shortly after, but he couldn't rise above Mojo status as Mike KANNELLIS, super cuck of WWE lol.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Fuck no. I blame Maria and the WWE. Maria for always talking mad shit about the company when she left which in turn had the WWE give them a gimmick that buried her husband on the spot.

It had potential though. But when you have dude come out with his wife's name, that's a little too beta male for me, and everyone else. But I liked the concept of him being extremely pussy whipped.

IDK if Mike ever had potential beyond the lower midcard. I wasn't a fan of his, I love Maria though. Maria with another talent that they wanted to invest in would have been great, could still be great if she sticks around but I doubt she will if Mike leaves.
    Just to add some more to this...

It may be beta male but I don't think he gets this job without his wife. That's not off anyone's reporting or anything, just a hunch on my part. I'm sure he was doing things in Impact but nothing lighting the world on fire. Looking at the combo, I find it hard to believe that a majority would say the upside was more in the husband over the wife. In addition, this had a way to work in the sense they could work because the Miz/Maryse pairing was more of a thing at the time of their arrival. That husband/wife combo had momentum so you could use this new one with a tweak of sorts. They could be on different brands, doing different stories, you could have them on the same one and there's an easy feud right there.

I still feel like I don't have a ton of sympathy for him in this situation.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found her quite entertaining as a bimbo. Favourite Maria moment has to be during the Eric Bischoff trial where she was acting like her typical stupid bimbo self then all of a sudden became intelligent testifying against him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post

It may be beta male but I don't think he gets this job without his wife. That's not off anyone's reporting or anything, just a hunch on my part. I'm sure he was doing things in Impact but nothing lighting the world on fire. Looking at the combo, I find it hard to believe that a majority would say the upside was more in the husband over the wife. In addition, this had a way to work in the sense they could work because the Miz/Maryse pairing was more of a thing at the time of their arrival. That husband/wife combo had momentum so you could use this new one with a tweak of sorts. They could be on different brands, doing different stories, you could have them on the same one and there's an easy feud right there.

Just from my POV, and watching a lot of ROH at the time, she definitely was the selling point of the duo. She showed in ROH that she was definitely someone who had potential to be more than a hot as fuck airhead comedy type character.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s sorta similar as to how Vince only took Marc Mero on because he came with Sable but on a smaller scale.

And no I don’t have much sympathy for him either. There are a ton of guys in the wings more talented not on TV but he was still getting TV time even if the angle wasn’t great. Also he had the chance to get out a few months ago but signed a 5 year contract.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sin Cara has left the building. What a bizarre story, this character had in WWE.

statement

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Lol, Tye and Mike I had sympathies for but this cunt can fuck off. Lucky still to have a job anyway. Didn't he wallop Y2J on a tour bus or something?

Bagel
    I hope they just give another cruiserweight the Sin Cara role.

Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    It’s sorta similar as to how Vince only took Marc Mero on because he came with Sable but on a smaller scale.

And no I don’t have much sympathy for him either. There are a ton of guys in the wings more talented not on TV but he was still getting TV time even if the angle wasn’t great. Also he had the chance to get out a few months ago but signed a 5 year contract.
    Vince loved Mero before he even saw Sable. He was a big fan of Johnny B Badd for some reason.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Lol, Tye and Mike I had sympathies for but this cunt can fuck off. Lucky still to have a job anyway. Didn't he wallop Y2J on a tour bus or something?
    Well if you remember, that "story" leaked out that SUPPOSEDLY Y2J and Sin Cara got into it...but then the next night on Raw Jericho showed up in the crowd to attack someone while he was wearing a Sin Cara mask and they both commented that it was a bullshit story.

Now, he did blast Simon Gotch backstage with an unopened can of soda and nobody was exactly negative toward SC about that incident.

So idk, maybe revisit how much sympathy you may or may not have with this new found info.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always thought they could have done more with this Sin Cara since he didn't have nearly the issues as the first but at the same time I'm not sure there's too much you can do with a guy whose gimmick is he has no face.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always thought they could have done more with this Sin Cara since he didn't have nearly the issues as the first but at the same time I'm not sure there's too much you can do with a guy whose gimmick is he has no face.
    Yeah it's a difficult position for him to be in because he was a good wrestler but I don't think the WWE are super high on masked wrestlers. Rey is one of a kind, and they wanted Mistico Sin Cara to be that next Rey but like with Rey, dude was hurt all the time. This SC, I think it was the same thing where maybe they wanted to do some stuff with him because people were digging the look, younger crowd probably digging the action figures due to variety.....but he was just someone they kept around "Just in case" they stumbled on to something special.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dude's 42, can't see him having much of an impact anywhere he goes.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Dude's 42, can't see him having much of an impact anywhere he goes.
    He could probably go back to Mexico and have a decent run somewhere down there but who knows what ideas he might have or other companies might have. He wasn't horrible without the mask as Hunico.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status...33835583406081

Jordan Myles quits...sorry I mean ACH, Can't be calling him by his 'slave name'

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://twitter.com/GoGoMyles/status...33835583406081

Jordan Myles quits...sorry I mean ACH, Can't be calling him by his 'slave name'
    Is that what he said?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is that what he said?
    "Screw Jordan Myles. Don't ever call me by that slave name."

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Honestly never saw any significance in the T-shirt design at first glance til it was pointed out. Just seemed like a crappy design.

The fact Jordan kept changing his story about what happened and now he quits. Couple of beers short of a six-pack.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Screw Jordan Myles. Don't ever call me by that slave name."
    LOL. I think he's been listening to a little too much Lord Jamar on VladTV

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, at least he won the Breakout tournament...

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    And now he has broke out...from his shackles

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funny how sometimes tournaments or just contests in general end up working out better for the guys who don’t win than those who do.

In this case Angel Garza.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ACH, you stupid bastard.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And now he has broke out...from his shackles
    Are you really trying to get over with slave jokes?

I'll say this....Whatever is motivating ACH, I hope it's coming from a place of reality and not paranoia. If this is all about the shirt, and I 100% understand where dude is coming from, but the way he's going about it is questionable. Just ranting and raving and for what purpose? To cancel WWE? Good luck homeboy.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagel View Post
    I hope they just give another cruiserweight the Sin Cara role.
    Surely that would be more of a hindrance than a help? I mean, 'Sin Cara', barring maybe a couple of matches right at the beginning, has barely been featured at all over the years. Hardly a gimmick worth saving, in my opinion. Tiger Mask it ain't.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you really trying to get over with slave jokes?

I'll say this....Whatever is motivating ACH, I hope it's coming from a place of reality and not paranoia. If this is all about the shirt, and I 100% understand where dude is coming from, but the way he's going about it is questionable. Just ranting and raving and for what purpose? To cancel WWE? Good luck homeboy.
    He's a pretty well known head case and has a tendency/habit of using his race card. He'll make any excuse he can when he doesn't make a show and a lot of the time the locker rooms will do everything they can to just shut his mouth and calm down.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Surely that would be more of a hindrance than a help? I mean, 'Sin Cara', barring maybe a couple of matches right at the beginning, has barely been featured at all over the years. Hardly a gimmick worth saving, in my opinion. Tiger Mask it ain't.
    Yeah I’ve never been in love with the gimmick myself. I know they tried to market it in the past but his mic time was limited by the gimmick.

Hunico was a better WWE worker than Mistico where it was botchfest 101 with him. Plus I preferred him being plain old Hunico as well. Shame they couldn’t go back to that, loved his theme and him riding down on the bike.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original Sin Cara (Mistico) was dope until he had a serious knee injury that kept him out and he was never the same again. I mean, this guy basically brought Mexican wrestling back from the dead and was almost ranked #1 in the PWI 500 (came in at #3) but due to the knee injury he missed a lot of time. *All pre-WWE*

I was very very excited to see what he could bring to the WWE and we saw some really breathtaking stuff BUT he was definitely injury prone. The worst though was the time he did a suicide dive and jammed his finger, prompting him to tell the ref he was no longer able to continue. I believe this was Raw.

Looking back it's almost like the WWE signed him in hopes that he would be the next Rey Misterio and be the bridge to get more Latino viewers...but I also feel it was done as a way to somewhat hurt the Mexican market by taking their top technico. For as big of a deal as they made of the signing it's too bad nothing was truly able to come from the hype.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

I was very very excited to see what he could bring to the WWE and we saw some really breathtaking stuff BUT he was definitely injury prone.
    I actually just watched his debut, and apart from not clearing the ropes during his jump into the ring, it was pretty awesome stuff.

Then the next time I think he botched a move with Tyson Kidd and some after that and I think they probably gave up on him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original Sin Cara (Mistico) was dope until he had a serious knee injury that kept him out and he was never the same again. I mean, this guy basically brought Mexican wrestling back from the dead and was almost ranked #1 in the PWI 500 (came in at #3) but due to the knee injury he missed a lot of time. *All pre-WWE*

I was very very excited to see what he could bring to the WWE and we saw some really breathtaking stuff BUT he was definitely injury prone. The worst though was the time he did a suicide dive and jammed his finger, prompting him to tell the ref he was no longer able to continue. I believe this was Raw.

Looking back it's almost like the WWE signed him in hopes that he would be the next Rey Misterio and be the bridge to get more Latino viewers...but I also feel it was done as a way to somewhat hurt the Mexican market by taking their top technico. For as big of a deal as they made of the signing it's too bad nothing was truly able to come from the hype.
    Agreed. You could say pretty much the same thing about Ultimo Dragon. Real shame about his infamous botch plus I’m not sure Vince really “got” him once he saw him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Agreed. You could say pretty much the same thing about Ultimo Dragon. Real shame about his infamous botch plus I’m not sure Vince really “got” him once he saw him.
    Yeah Dragon had that botched elbow surgery in WCW and was never really the same. I'm sure there are a lot of wrestlers, and it's well-documented, where Vince basically takes the word of others on whether they should be signed. Then they're signed, Vince finally meets them, and if you don't pass the eye test for Vince then it's over. Taz stands out like a sore thumb of a guy who Vince basically shit on because he was so short. Apparently forgetting the handful of times Taz was on WWE programming while working for ECW lol.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Could you imagine Taz as Shorty T?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Dragon had that botched elbow surgery in WCW and was never really the same. I'm sure there are a lot of wrestlers, and it's well-documented, where Vince basically takes the word of others on whether they should be signed. Then they're signed, Vince finally meets them, and if you don't pass the eye test for Vince then it's over. Taz stands out like a sore thumb of a guy who Vince basically shit on because he was so short. Apparently forgetting the handful of times Taz was on WWE programming while working for ECW lol.
    One thing that stands out about that was having him beat Angle’s streak on his debut but then have Angle call foul to say the choke was illegal.

Also when Austin was calling him out about not falling in line with the Alliance by wearing his own shirt but not an Austin shirt on his appreciation night. That match could have been fucking HUGE if they booked Taz as a legit threat, but instead he was brushed aside and it was the birth of the “What?” chant that is still fucking annoying to this very day.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could you imagine Taz as Shorty T?
    Or Wee T.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or Mr. T?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Or Mr. T?
    Nah too on the nose.

Tazzy T then he feuds with Booker over the rights to the T.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Now he thinks he's Cody, Making a wishlist

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So how does this work? You're a disgruntled employee, you want to quit, but the contract says you can't, unless both sides agree? So what if Sin Cara just doesn't show up anymore, would they sue him? Or just pay him for sitting at home? Also, do contracts have select number of dates that they work?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the contract says WWE has to agree to a release. If Sin Cara doesn't show up, they just don't pay him, but they also have the right to extend his contract for time he doesn't appear. They would sue him only if he appears/performs for another company.

They have been paying him to sit at home, or perform at a limited number of house shows.

Different contracts do have select number of dates they work - and/or sometimes a bonus for working more than X dates. Brock's contract reportedly had these provisions, such that it cost WWE a LOT to have him show up if he appeared more than a certain number of dates.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish I had a contract like that, I'd sit at home and get paid. What a lovely thought.

Mentioned
    130 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oney lorcan also requested his release

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    Props to him for making it this long. I didn't see much of an upside for his team with Danny Burch. They were cool for the smaller show, but there wasn't much to them other than they were bald and wore jackets lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, love me some Oney. He'll kill it anywhere he goes.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Twoy Lorcan't will now show up in AEW.

Bagel
    I prefer him to become Only Novocaine DDS and Britt Baker becomes his manager

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like Jordan Myles is officially gone from WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like Jordan Myles is officially gone from WWE.
    I thought this was all part of a new angle where he was going to come out as Farooq Jr and after he'd do a huge rant his dad would come out and say "DAMN!"

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't think I ever thought it was an angle, especially with Myles flat out calling WWE racist, which is something I disagree with. Sure, there are many examples of racist characters, angles, moments, etc. but those were surely a product of their time? Not saying that's right, but they've made strides to clean up the damn company in recent years. You've got New Day, longest reinging champs, Kofi as WWE Champion, R-Truth as 24/7 champion, Booker T featured on panels, Velveteen Dream in high profile matches.

Calling WWE racist is just dumb and incorrect. From what I was reading, this guy has a history of playing the race card though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of times I hear people say the WWE or pro wrestling in general is racist because we don't see a lot of black athletes or minorities in general in the US, Canada, or Europe being as abundant. It's not that they don't get pushed, it's that they're doing other shit. Most black athletes are not looking a professional wrestling career. They're looking at football, baseball, and basketball. Sports that pay an insane amount of money that aren't as taxing on the body as being a pro wrestler.

Jordan Myles can say what he wants and if that's his truth let him have it but he might be wrong.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    did anything ever come of the John Morrison "signing?" is he with the company now or was that a rumor?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    did anything ever come of the John Morrison "signing?" is he with the company now or was that a rumor?
    Well shortly after the news broke, he responded to someone's tweet about it saying he was also singing to ROH, House of Hardcore, and a few other promotions, sort of mocking the news piece about it.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if he comes back as Johnny Dynamite.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if he comes back as Johnny Dynamite.
    My oldest son just bought a pretty sweet variant John Morrison figure that comes with a maroon coat instead of the red coat.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think I ever thought it was an angle, especially with Myles flat out calling WWE racist, which is something I disagree with. Sure, there are many examples of racist characters, angles, moments, etc. but those were surely a product of their time? Not saying that's right, but they've made strides to clean up the damn company in recent years. You've got New Day, longest reinging champs, Kofi as WWE Champion, R-Truth as 24/7 champion, Booker T featured on panels, Velveteen Dream in high profile matches.

Calling WWE racist is just dumb and incorrect. From what I was reading, this guy has a history of playing the race card though.
    I get that. I also think its your personal experience. And its unlikely that all the individuals who were involved in "products" of their time have changed their views. You could have had experiences with someone like Cornette or Pritchard that involved you being treated differently because of your race. And then your experience with wwe was influenced by your race. And its at least fairly accurate.

While I would personally find it wrong to assume the org is racist, I also wouldn't guess that they have been the most successful in eliminating problems of all organizations.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    This guy has been rehired to make WWE great again.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those folks in the front row seem to be pretty pleased with what's going on there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sandman is a god.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sandman's not the one being rehired. The Sandman also thinks women shouldn't be main eventing.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Sandman's not the one being rehired. The Sandman also thinks women shouldn't be main eventing.
    I know I was just being a smartass.

Now...did Sandman say NO women or just the 4 turds that main evented the show he was on?

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    sandman rules

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was at the show. You're entitled to your opinion on women's wrestling, but to go out of your way to say something offensive is disrespectful and unprofessional. Nothing more. It's an opinion shared by many, but it was no need to rain on her parade like that.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Curious Nash what makes these women turds? Is it because they should be making their men a sandwich instead?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Curious Nash what makes these women turds? Is it because they should be making their men a sandwich instead?
    Ohhh so women can't be held to any standard simply because they're women?

My favorite wrestler on the planet is a woman. Asuka. My bad if I consider alot of men and women in wrestling to be turds.

Maybe if Sandman was watching Asuka v Charlotte v Io Shirai v Megumi Kudo he wouldn't have said shit. And then also...it's the fucking SANDMAN. Go watch the View.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    I was at the show. You're entitled to your opinion on women's wrestling, but to go out of your way to say something offensive is disrespectful and unprofessional. Nothing more. It's an opinion shared by many, but it was no need to rain on her parade like that.
    If he had said that about 4 male turds would you feel the same though?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Sandman might not be a champion of feminism and women's rights? The hell you say?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere in that gif are mth and Peter Griffin so offended by what they're seeing they're going to make a fanzine about the horrors!!!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem is that if what Jordynne said is verbatim what Sandman said, then it wasn't, "These women shouldn't be main eventing." It was flat out "Women shouldn't be main-eventing."

The Sandman came up to four women about to main event to tell us that women main eventing is “wrong” and “any male wrestler with any sort of experience would agree”

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was not a huge fan of Sandman but his control over an ECW crowd was undeniable.

I am glad that Big Dick Johnson is back on the payroll. The guy understands how to get a reaction from a crowd, and as I recall from various podcasts, a lot of the talent agreed that he was a huge help backstage in making small adjustments to improve storylines, improving dialog, making shit funnier, or just move along better. Helping talent understand the story, and often forcing the writers to think about EVERYONE involved in a segment - not just the guy they are trying to get over, but to think about why everyone is out there and how they will all look better or will have developed, etc. This seems to be missing a lot nowadays, in the 50/50 booking environment.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    John Morrison’s signed!

We are very happy in the Palace of Wisdom.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just another guy to get these hands

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    He needs a gimmick change. Otherwise, I feel it'll be just another Shelton Benjamin situation, where he won't do much.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Perhaps John Joplin, John Jagger, John Bowie, or John Lennon.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I've not really followed his career in recent years, but the bottom line is, unless he's worked on his promos, gimmick change or not, can't see him getting far.

Hope I'm wrong, JoMo is my wife's favourite wrestler.

Favourite Morrison match? Mine was the one where he won the IC title from Rey after Rey's failed drug test. Was on Smackdown. Cracking match. May check it out again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he had said that about 4 male turds would you feel the same though?
    No that's the thing though. None of those women are "turds." Taya herself imo is top 5 in the world. What makes you think otherwise?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Kasady View Post
    No that's the thing though. None of those women are "turds." Taya herself imo is top 5 in the world. What makes you think otherwise?
    Eh, I guess I'm just not a fan of really anyone who was in that match. I like the "gimmicks" of Su Yung and Rosemary but that's about it. Every match I've seen of these women, nothing at all to remember.

Keep in mind, I think Adam Cole is a turd. It's just an expression but I think when women get critiqued in 2019 it's almost like people don't read or hear anything but "I hate women" lol. Couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    The problem is that if what Jordynne said is verbatim what Sandman said, then it wasn't, "These women shouldn't be main eventing." It was flat out "Women shouldn't be main-eventing."
    Ok I thought he was meaning those specific women but even then I wouldn't be shocked if what Grace is telling us is verbatim. I mean shit, anyone who follows any other sport on the planet knows the old "Women shouldn't be doing this" act is prevalent. I can't even tell you how many times I've had to hear/read MMA fans for example shit on women fighting, including top tier fighters themselves being negative to the idea.

The truth is, Sandman is Sandman.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps John Joplin, John Jagger, John Bowie, or John Lennon.
    Have him parody HHH and become John Paul Levesque?

Seriously though I hope he ends up on NXT.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Would love to see him on NXT.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In-ring wise few imo are as entertaining. That's all I really care about when it comes to this guy because it's one of the main aspects that draw people in. The team with The Miz was straight up perfect. I would rather see that then him getting lost in the shuffle Benjamin style.

Who knows....He could wind up getting a crazy World title run like Jinder.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd like to see a feud with Tony Nese on who has the better abs.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe the guy is 40. He's barely aged in almost 20 years.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew View Post
    UPDATE: He has now announced he's agreed to a multi-year contract with WWE.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic news.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    UPDATE: He has now announced he's agreed to a multi-year contract with WWE.
    Is he still gonna work indies as Biff Busick?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE.COM announced Luke Harper, The Ascension and Sin Cara have all been released.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy for all of them, especially Harper. They'll get more satisfaction elsewhere. Harper in particular could find himself in a great position outside WWE. And I think Sin Cara/Hunico has a lot to offer at least ring-wise. I don't think Ascension will do much of worth, though.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The original Ascension in NXT was much better. Never bought into the newer version at all. Good luck to them.

Sin Cara/Hunico was going nowhere for a long time. Harper is a great worker and could have made strides but also hurt himself moaning a lot on social media. Hope his future endeavours are better.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hoping Harper goes to ROH. I'd buy into a PCO, Rush, Dalton Castle, Jeff Cobb, Brodie Lee, Brody King?, and Jay Lethal main event scene

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ascension were dead as soon as they hit the main roster and were made into jokes. Never recovered, not that WWE ever really tried to recover them. They were pretty dope in NXT. I don't expect to see them do anything noteworthy post-WWE.

This Sin Cara was pretty decent and probably a bit underutilized.

Have always thought Harper was overrated. Having said that, and to clarify, I'm not saying he sucks and I think he could really excel somewhere else.

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy for all of them really. Didn't know if the Ascension were just happy to receive paychecks but from the looks of one of their Twitter feeds where they've posted a Braveheart "Freedom" GIF, it seems like none of them really wanted to be there anymore... or simply just wanted to be more of a focal point in the show. Can't blame them either way.

I would have loved to have seen Harper on my TV more, but Ascension and Sin Cara felt more like one dimensional characters to me. Hunico was badass though

Terrible at Sudoku
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keen to see Morrison back as well, loved him in his feuds with Miz and Sheamus - and he was tremendous as a heel in Lucha Underground

Man, I miss Lucha Underground. Not Season 4 LU, but proper Lucha Underground.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember when people were super hyped about LU and saying it was the best wrestling show every week. Must've turned pretty shit at some point.