User Tag List

Page 3 of 170 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: MMA Thread

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil

A Question for Brits, does anyone know when will UFC 60 be shown in the UK?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty C
    I also like Bisping but I’m not a huge fan of Matt at this point. He seems very immature and cocky but that doesn’t mean he can’t fight. I think next weeks match could be closer than most anticipate it seems like Mike is a pretty good submission style fighter and with Matt being a good wrestler it should be quite the ground war. The thing I worry about with Matt is whether he knows what to do after he takes someone down, that was something that plagued Josh (another great wrestler) in the first TUF.

See the thing about it to me is. I don't mind cocky people. I think Spike, and the rest of the guys are making it much more of a big deal then it really is. If some people want to be cocky, then hey put them in the ring, if they win, then they can go on being cocky if they lose, then they're humbled and will shut up.

But Matt is not as cocky as people are saying he is, to me it just seems like, he doesn't realize others find him cocky, he's just trying to boost his own confidence. I don't think he does it to put others down.

As far as Finals Go, i'd like to see Michael Bisping vs. Matt Hamill, and Ed Herman vs. Kendall Grove
    Last edited by RedRing; May 26th, 2006 at 7:59 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo Masters

A Question for Brits, does anyone know when will UFC 60 be shown in the UK?
    Probably Sunday night on Bravo. 10/11pm.

King of Sweden FullLeatherJacket's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    11pm-2am Bravo, 12-3am Bravo +1

It's the first time in a while that I'm actually looking forward to one, as opposed to it being something to fill the gaps between PRIDE shows.

This, of course, is mostly to do with being an old-fashioned Gracie mark.

Intercontinental Champion P Dandy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you you Brits get UFC ppv's for free?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lucky bastards!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky bastards...

Anyways, I hope some way some how, Gracie pulls it off. From what I've see he has atrocious standup (Hughes has stated that that is where he wants to keep it) and it's gonna be tough to take down Hughes. But good luck to him. Even though he is just as arrogant as Matt Hughes, I still want Royce to show that he's not a has-been.
    Last edited by P Dandy; May 27th, 2006 at 3:33 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are my picks for tonight's UFC60, in bold:

Gonzaga vs Scherner
    Sakara vs Lister
    Fisher vs Wiman
    Guillard vs Davis
    Sanchez vs Alessio
    Horn vs Sonnen
    Riggs vs Swick
    Vera vs Silva
    Hughes vs Gracie

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haven't look at the full card yet, but about the main event, I think Hughes, if he's smart, will try to clinch up Royce against the cage and pound him.

Standup wise, Hughes isn't that spectacular himself, and Gracie has been improving on his stand up a lot in recent years. Plus he is good enough at jujitsu to go straight for a submission through a takedown, like a flying armbar, or flying triangle.

Hughes best offense would definately be to do what he does well. Too many times guys try to change their game plan based on the other guy, rather than what they are capable of.

As far as the undercard, I see Horn and Sanchez, is that Jeremy and Diego?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, just looked up the undercard.

Diego Sanchez, Jeremy Horn, Joe Riggs, Brandon Vera, and Matt Hughes all look like good picks from what I know of those guys. We'll see though, anything can happen in the UFC, except for a successful Tank Abbot return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone could get a review up after the show that would be great, as I'd guess I'm no the only one who can't watch it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm psyched. I've been watching UFC since the tourney days when Gracie was a dominant submission machine. I laugh at anyone writing him off, or saying his stand up isn't good enough. This guy was fighting before there were weight classes, and 3-4 opponent a night, winning them all. All those fights start with two guys on their feet. He doesn't need to be a striker if huge musclemen can't even stop him from taking them down. It's not like Matt Hughes is the strongest person in the universe. Gracie will get him down if he's not completely aged beyond any capability in the octagon. Gracie submitted HUGE guys like Kimo, Dan Severn, and Shamrock, all in their primes. The problem is that nobody's seen him fight and the UFC projects Matt Hughes as a man who has kicked God's ass more than once. He's good, sure, but Gracie is a master of leverage and submission. I won't be surprised if Hughes gets choked out. It seems that Gracie's viewed as old school, like back then, a whole 15 years ago, nobody knew how to fight and now he's just out of his league and washed up.

True, he might get picked up and manhandled by the aggressive Hughes, but I think this fight will surprise those who expect a lopsided domination.
    Last edited by Slapdash O' Slipshod; May 27th, 2006 at 6:03 PM.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you're seriously underestimating the ground game of Matt Hughes.

Matt Hughes will overwhelm Gracie and will win via GNP in the 2nd, IMO

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BREAKING NEWS:

THE ROCK will be in attendance tonight at UFC 60

http://www.mmanews.com/article/150763493.php

i can see it now, ROCK does a run-in on the main event and hits Hughes with a rockbottom for the screwjob win for Gracie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe not neccessary but just in case:

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hughes annhilated the poor guy. I never once thought it would be competitive but a small part of me hoped Gracie would make it a fight.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic
    Yeah, just looked up the undercard.

Diego Sanchez, Jeremy Horn, Joe Riggs, Brandon Vera, and Matt Hughes all look like good picks from what I know of those guys. We'll see though, anything can happen in the UFC, except for a successful Tank Abbot return.
    Looks like I was pretty successful with my picks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P Dandy
    Maybe not neccessary but just in case:
    The guillotine is a pretty good move, but if you can't get your legs around the guy, that's all it is, is a move used to stall a takedown, rather than actually submit the guy.

I was pretty pissed at the Diego fight, I excpected a much more exciting match. And I don't why those idiots were booing Diego, it's not like he was the one running away the entire match, he was actually trying to fight, and the ending was pretty cool.

Sparklin'
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That one guy praising Gracie was dead on about the guy back in the day. When I was a kid, my dad got the old UFC stuff from one of his friends.

I remember Gracie, he kicked everyones ass.
    I assume he's pretty old now right? But in his prime i'm sure he'd take almost anyone in UFC now (not that I really pay much attention) but to me it seemed real-ish back then. Now if I watch it looks like a crappy version of WWE or TNA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I kinda figured the Gracie/Hughes match was just a way for Gracie to put over how great of a champion Matt Hughes is.

Did Gracie get paid a shitload for that match?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear it was around 1.3 million

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not only did he get paid a lot, but he didn't have much to lose at this point.

Losing to Matt Hughes, you won't look like a pussy, especially if you're that old. And if you win the title, you can demand even more money.

I think Diego Sanchez should get a shot at the title pretty soon. A lot of his fights seem set up for him to win, or he wins the luck of the draw, but he has beat some pretty class guys as well. I think he won very convincingly the other night, and those people were stupid for boo'ing the result of that match. Unless they were boo'ing because it was boring seeing that guy run from Diego for 15 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just watched the videos on youtube. Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard but anyways. It was amazing that Royce didn't even flinch when Hughes was torquing the fuck out of his arm. Ridiculous mental toughness.

And I agree, the 3rd round of the Diego-Alessio match was very entertaining.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slapdash O' Slipshod

True, he might get picked up and manhandled by the aggressive Hughes, but I think this fight will surprise those who expect a lopsided domination.
    Yeah, I was a little off. I expected more out of Gracie. In his defense, he did come back not against some slouch with a 6-5 record, but the baddest motherfucker in the business right now, pound for pound.

Still, I expected Hughes to have more trouble than he did. (Although mad props to Gracie for hanging in there with the arm bar. That was intense.)

Whatever. My hat's off to Matt Hughes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Fantastic
    I think Diego Sanchez should get a shot at the title pretty soon. A lot of his fights seem set up for him to win, or he wins the luck of the draw, but he has beat some pretty class guys as well. I think he won very convincingly the other night, and those people were stupid for boo'ing the result of that match. Unless they were boo'ing because it was boring seeing that guy run from Diego for 15 minutes.
    I don't think so, because Allessio was cheered when he showed up on the screens.

I think the fans were disappointed with Diego. This showed how one dimensional he is, really - how an average fighter could hang with him as long as he's able to avoid his takedowns. I thought Allessio won the first two rounds, actually (barely). He got a few shots in at Diego at the end of round 1, and a few in the second round, as well (cutting him in the process). If he would have been a little more aggressive, I think he could have won a convincing victory, but he was obviously hesitant to put up any offense the entire fight.

Diego's "offense" for rounds 1 and 2 consisted of failed takedowns ten or so times. The fact that one judge scored all three rounds for Sanchez was ridiculous, I thought.

Don't get me wrong... I really like the kid, and I think he's got an amazing future. I genuinely felt terrible for him when the fans booed him. You could see it in his face that it really affected him. It got so bad that Joe Rogan had to pause for a few seconds to let the boos die down. However, I think this fight showed just how not ready Diego is for a title shot.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    definitely thought the 30-27 score was pretty fucked up but i thought diego won that fight. Allessio was scared shitless of Diegos groundgame so he spent the entire fight DEFENDING while Diego was going for gold. Allessio's takedown defense was pretty phenominal and I was dam impressed.

I think Diego is the real deal and that belt is going to be his soon enough, IMO.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamstar
    definitely thought the 30-27 score was pretty fucked up but i thought diego won that fight. Allessio was scared shitless of Diegos groundgame so he spent the entire fight DEFENDING while Diego was going for gold. Allessio's takedown defense was pretty phenominal and I was dam impressed.

I think Diego is the real deal and that belt is going to be his soon enough, IMO.
    Was it the same guy that gave Tito all the rounds?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, I hope Matt is ok.

He's such an enigma, I personally wasn't impressed by his fight, and I can't put my finger on what about it bugged me. His punches seemed slow, but connected fairly well. It seemed like he was reserving himself because of his arm, but that might not have been the case either. Also, I don't know if it's the fact that Mike Nickels had a really bad fight, or Matt's confident demeanor in the ring, the whole fight seemed weird, as if Matt was nearly untouchable. Two punches from Mike seemed to knock him back pretty good though.

I dunno, maybe they both just had bad fights, or maybe they both had good fights. It's hard ... for me at least. To put my finger on what about that fight seemed surreal.

But I do know this, I don't think Matt has the killer instinct yet, PLENTY of times he could have ended that fight, or started down the track to ending it.

If you're going to argue any of my points don't bother, as you can tell I'm pretty unclear of it myself. But if anyone has any insight go right ahead, I'd like a second oppinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by P Dandy
    Was it the same guy that gave Tito all the rounds?
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRing
    Jeez, I hope Matt is ok.

He's such an enigma, I personally wasn't impressed by his fight, and I can't put my finger on what about it bugged me. His punches seemed slow, but connected fairly well. It seemed like he was reserving himself because of his arm, but that might not have been the case either. Also, I don't know if it's the fact that Mike Nickels had a really bad fight, or Matt's confident demeanor in the ring, the whole fight seemed weird, as if Matt was nearly untouchable. Two punches from Mike seemed to knock him back pretty good though.

I dunno, maybe they both just had bad fights, or maybe they both had good fights. It's hard ... for me at least. To put my finger on what about that fight seemed surreal.

But I do know this, I don't think Matt has the killer instinct yet, PLENTY of times he could have ended that fight, or started down the track to ending it.

If you're going to argue any of my points don't bother, as you can tell I'm pretty unclear of it myself. But if anyone has any insight go right ahead, I'd like a second oppinion.
    He just seemed too... reserved in that fight. I know exactly what you're trying to say, and I agree that it's hard to put into words exactly. With all the hype, I fully expected Matt to charge out like an animal and attack Nickels, but he was actually very slow and lethargic. Dana White put it best, I think, when he just said that the fight was "sloppy".

It's pretty amazing, though, that this guy is known as such a spectacular wrestler, but he beats Nickles pretty convincingly via standup.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave M
    I don't think so, because Allessio was cheered when he showed up on the screens.

I think the fans were disappointed with Diego. This showed how one dimensional he is, really - how an average fighter could hang with him as long as he's able to avoid his takedowns. I thought Allessio won the first two rounds, actually (barely). He got a few shots in at Diego at the end of round 1, and a few in the second round, as well (cutting him in the process). If he would have been a little more aggressive, I think he could have won a convincing victory, but he was obviously hesitant to put up any offense the entire fight.

Diego's "offense" for rounds 1 and 2 consisted of failed takedowns ten or so times. The fact that one judge scored all three rounds for Sanchez was ridiculous, I thought.

Don't get me wrong... I really like the kid, and I think he's got an amazing future. I genuinely felt terrible for him when the fans booed him. You could see it in his face that it really affected him. It got so bad that Joe Rogan had to pause for a few seconds to let the boos die down. However, I think this fight showed just how not ready Diego is for a title shot.

Well, I think Alessio is a bit underrated considering how extremely good his sprawl, and scramble abilities are.

Plus he seems more of a pure stand-up fighter.

Diego is a bit one dimensional, but he seems to be able to take a decent punch. I don't see anyone at his weight who could be able to avoid his takedowns, and knock him out.

Plus, Alessio seemed to have some very innovative juijitsu. I was actually really impressed with the way he was trying to armbar Diego. I was also impressed with Royce's shrimp and roll, to get out of side mount and into half guard.

I always like BJJ that's a lot more innovative, and not expected. That's the entire premise, comming up with ways to sub guys you wouldn't expect, that enables you to defeat people who might be physically stronger and bigger than you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A lot of people seem to think that Matt Hamill will be out by injury, but I wouldn't think that.

If you saw him after the fight, he seemed like he was drained, but nothing seemed serious enough to knock him out of competition. He wasn't even favoring his arm after the fight, so I doubt that will stop him from fighting. If it's something internal, I can't foresee anything that will stop him from competing in the future.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally saw that Matt Hamil/Mike Nickels fight.

Wow. An incredibly embarrassing display by both parties. How did Nickels even get on this show? He's very obviously not ready for this level of MMA. I mean come on, the guy's throwing straights after straights and keeping his goddammed head down because he was afraid to get hit! And turning his back on his opponent and giving up his back on the ground so many times? Walking around with his hands down as well I thought he was bjj? Riight. And why did he ignore Shamrock yelling at him to give Matt the straight knee up? He would've finished Matt if he had listened

And Matt was pumped up to be some sort of unstoppable monster and he gives us this? Christ, how many times did Matt have Nickels back and he couldn't finish? Hello rear naked choke anyone? Both gassed after the 1st round? Terrible. I think he was afraid of Nickels "bjj skills" so he didn't want to take Nickels to the ground Had nothing to do with is "injury"..Sure, he says he was hurt but he sure as hell threw with that arm throughout this dismal match.

Anyways, just a brutal fight. Bisping must be salivating at this.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still think Hamill will get to the finals even though his skills outside of wrestling are suspect. Hopefully his arm will be better so he doesn't have to switch his game plan last minute. He's probably going to be matched up with Josh who is mainly a striker. Matt might be less hesitant in that situation and pull out some good GNP.
    But Bisping is still going to own Jesse and unless Matt trains super hard between the show finale and the finals, I don't think he has a shot.

I'm hoping the other finals is Calib and Ed Herman

Edit: Heard a lot of bad things about the fight but finally saw it tonight. I just have to say that it was obvious Nickels was a streetfighter because his standup was incredibly sloppy. Both need to work on their endurance. It was as if Matt fell asleep on top of Nickels at the end of the 2nd round.
    Last edited by P Dandy; June 4th, 2006 at 2:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UFC has scheduled Diego vs. Karo for Ultimate Fight Night 8/17 so we get two pretty good UFN main events in a row with Leben/Spider in June. These two definitely make up for the lackluster UFN a few months ago.

I think Diego/Karo is going to be one hell of a fight. Diego definitely needs to prove that he's the real deal after the last fight and Karo is definitely not gonna bullshit around like Alessio.

Edit: Here's another fight for UFN 5. Rashad vs Bonnar! Should be interesting. I'm a fan of both.
    Last edited by P Dandy; June 7th, 2006 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, those are gonna be great fights! After seeing Rashad fight at light heavy, I've gotta say he's no pushover. I really like both of those guys. I'm kind of torn, because Rashad would be kind of my sentimental favorite, but I'd really like to see Bonnar get a shot at the upper tier guys sometime soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did Matt quit? Did he have something severely injured at the end of that Nickel's fight or is he just Mr. Glass.

Great fight. Kendall showed impressive standup. The reach helped him out a lot but you have to take away some credit because Khalib basically told him what to target. I was surprised here but I'm still going to pick Ed for the 2nd fight.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have not really watched that much of the season after the first few weeks but I watched most of the show last night. What was up with the guys not wanting to step in and get back into the octagon for a chance at the contract. I mean I know they would not be exactly ready to go but if you really want that contract I would think you would jump at chance to redeem yourselves and fight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR
    I have not really watched that much of the season after the first few weeks but I watched most of the show last night. What was up with the guys not wanting to step in and get back into the octagon for a chance at the contract. I mean I know they would not be exactly ready to go but if you really want that contract I would think you would jump at chance to redeem yourselves and fight.
    Tait's response is more of a shock because I think Kris knew he was going to fight Bisping and he was still suffering the effects of the last beating he took.
    Tait was pretty close to winning that bout. He suffered barely any damage and he even said that he won that fight. i don't see how a couple weeks would bring him to this point. Maybe he's just lazy.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tait’s an odd guy though and I get the feeling he only got involved to find out whether this was something he really wanted to do or not. I would agree that Kris probably just felt that he wouldn’t win and didn’t want to be seen losing again on National TV.

In the end, I don’t think it matters as I can’t see any of them beating Bisping.

Right now I see Kendall and Bisping coming out as the winners this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eh, I guess I can see where Tait is coming from. He lost his momentum after he thought he was gone from the show. Whether that's a good reason is debatable, but... he should not have lost it, people come back after they lose all the time.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think they were both scared of losing another match on TV

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not really terribly excited over any of the finalists, save Bisping. Ed Herman just hasn't really lived up to his own hype, I think. Kendall looks promising, but I think he'd get torn up by most fighters in his weight class. I think he could be great with some more experience under his belt. Josh.... well, he has a lot of heart, I'll give him that, but I just can't stand seeing his disgusting, gelatinous midsection on my TV screen.

Bisping seems to have a great head on his shoulders. I'm really impressed with his attitude. I hope he does well in the UFC - I really think he's the only one of the four finalists to be polished enough to be competitive right off the bat. He seems to have an excellent grasp of what strategies he needs to employ to win. After getting his bell rung early in the round, he settled down, and put Pointon down with that perfect flying knee - just like he fucking called it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those knees he came in with right before Big John pulled him off were scary. Bisping is definitely going to butcher Haynes. Both are strikers but Bisping is much more disciplined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finale card

Televised Card:
    Lightweight Bout: Sam Stout vs. Kenny Florian

Light-Heavyweight TUF Finals: Michael Bisping vs. Josh Haynes

Middleweight TUF Finals: Ed Herman vs. Kendall Grove

Light-Heavyweight Bout: Keith Jardine vs. Wilson Gouveia

Undercard:
    Light-Heavyweight Bout: Wes Combs vs. Mike Nickels

Light-Heavyweight Bout: Matt Hamill vs. Jesse Forbes

Middleweight Bout: Solomon Hutcherson vs. Mike Stine

Middleweight Bout: Kalib Starnes vs. Danny Abbadi

Middleweight Bout: Rory Singer vs. Ross Pointon

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't impressed with Herman in last nights semi-final against Rory. I hope Kendall fucking kills him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bisping has definitely looked like the best TUF fighter ever, at least in my opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't impressed with Herman in last nights semi-final against Rory. I hope Kendall fucking kills him.
    Yeah, Herman defeated two very weak opponents to get to the finals (Rory was only in the semis due to a lucky kick), and he beat both in unimpressive fashion. Kendall isn't a monster, but he's easily more skilled than either Rory or (ugh) Danny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I really wasn't expecting to see 3 fights last night, that's more than I could have asked for.

The Kendall Situation- May have been immature but it was funny as HELL. And things like that make me care more about the fight, it brings in a little extra heat. It's like you wanted to see Ed beat Rory's ass, or you wanted to see Rory beat Ed's ass. Rory did kinda surprise me that he felt bad about getting the wrong man, and Kendall made me laugh my ass off.

Ed vs. Rory- Nice fight, I rooted for Ed but I wouldn't have minded too much if Rory won, it would have been kinda nice to see Rory and Kendall tee off.

The Matt Situation- Dude... that was hella sad. But Tito saying that he was going to keep working with Matt gave me hope that we will see him soon. He was my second favorite after Bisping

Jesse vs. Josh- Nice first round. But I was SOOOO dissapointed that Jesse couldn't finish the job! I think Jesse will be a great fighter one day, he's only 21 years old so he has a lot of time to learn.

Bisping vs. Ross- I feel like this shoulda been the finals maybe, because I think there is NO way that Josh can touch Bisping. Josh is gonna get the beating of a decade, he better be training his ass off to at least put on a good show. Nice slugfest in the beginning, Ross was impressive. I was a little surprised at the ref stoppage, but I think the ref said Ross tapped out? I didn't see it so maybe I missed it.

Ken/Ortiz Situation- Eh, you couldn't really see how it started, you only really have Tito's point of view. At first, to tell you the truth, I wanted Ken to beat Tito's ass in the fight, now I'm kinda split. I wanna see Ken win just so that the rivalry is split, plus I've been a fan of his from his wrestling days in WWF. And Tito started the whole feud, but I also kinda want Tito to win too. I'm gonna be split. I don't see why so many people are turning on Ken, maybe I'm just the kind of person that likes a little heat before the match, I don't mind arrogant people at all, in fact I encourage it, it's entertaining, but it only matters if they can bring it in the cage. As long as they are nice to their fans and such, I really don't care HOW people act to their opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watch TUF finale?

Bisping dominated Haynes as expected. I was a bit worried when I saw Haynes going for the ape-shit lucky punch, but Bisping is too smart of a fighter to get beat by those tactics. I can't wait to see more of him in the future. His standup is obviously strong, but i'm interested to see how he'll match up with some of the better ground and pound guys.

As much as I didn't want Ed Herman to win that fight, I felt bad for him when the decision went to Kendall Grove. I really think he deserved the win... and I think Dana White agreed. Good on him for giving a contract to Herman as well. It was the right thing to do.

Also, could Kendall have mixed in a few more profanities in his post-fight interview? It really bothered me, for some reason. It's a public interview, for God's sake, not locker room banter.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was pretty impressed with the Finale....quite possibly the best of the 3. The most impressive thing about the finale was Florian's complete domination of Stout. I am so happy that Stout's bandwagon has been derailed by one of the more hated fighters on the UFC roster....Kenny Florian. Why? I dunno. I think it's due to the fact that Florian has won fights with elbows/cuts. But, here's the downside with the whole topic. The same fans/posters who complain about him winning his fights in such a way praise Loiseau when he wins fights by cuts/elbows....double standard?

Anywho, Florian finally got to showcase his skills in his weight class and completely dominated Stout. It put a big smile on my face because people actually believed that Stout was the second coming of Jesus because he beat Spencer Fisher on a few days notice....and had to cut 20+lbs to make weight for the fight. Fisher almost won that fight and Fisher, in my opinion, is going to be one of the top 3 fighters in the LW division in the near future.

Back to Florian. Now he's in his weight class and he showed his takedown skills against a fighter who showed a very good sprawl against Fisher in rounds 2 and 3. Florian took him down with ease and took Stout's heart by being all over him before the RNC. If Sherk is a heavy favorite in the LW title fight, I'm putting money down on Florian.

Bisping was no suprise, but Haynes' showed tremendous heart, and hung in there. Fun fact: Haynes is only the 2nd fighter to ever take Bisping passed the 1st round....welcome to the club Josh. Bisping has a very very bright future and he's going to wreck alot of fighters who are going to be brought in by the UFC for 1-fight deals and build him like a monster. He'll get a few feeders like Forrest did (vs. Mahood, vs. Elvis....suppose to be Freeman though horseback accident....and he's going to get a huge following. Hopefully he'll have a showdown by the middle of next year against Forrest for TUF LHW supremacy. Jardine vs. Bisping looks good right now on paper.

Kendall/Herman was a toss up....maybe that's what they did? I had it 29-28 for Herman....and this is coming from somebody who lives in Hawaii. I thought Herman took rounds 1 and 2 with round 3 being a toss up. I'm not a judge, congrats to Kendall because he needed the win more than Herman. Herman is going have a better career in the long run in my book. Just too bad the UFC MW division is stacked with Team Quest fighters. Kendall will improve, but he'll probably lose his first contracted fight with the UFC, which is a shame.

Now, let's move on to Ultimate Fight Night 5....I'm pissed that Alves/Fitch may not be shown. I am happy that they will be showing Gurgel/Hominick. The main event between Anderson/Leben is going happen 1 of 2 ways....Anderson via cut from elbows or Leben via JD. I'm gonna go with Leben via JD and continue to keep away from a potential showdown against Franklin. Anderson can take a loss here and come back and rack up some wins. Rashad/Bonnar is gonna be a pretty quick fight. I think Rashad will slam Bonnar down, but will end up getting caught in a sub by Bonnar from the bottom.

Overall, the UFN card looks alot better than UFC 61's card....that's terrible

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the lightweight division is shaping up to be pretty impressive. Kamikaze, what do you think of Melvin Guillard? I'm still pretty new to the UFC and MMA in general, so I haven't really seen many lightweight fights, but I've been pretty impressed by him in this weight class.

Also, regarding Bonnar/Rashad, Evans is great on the ground, I'm not sure I see him being caught in a submission very easily. I am going to say that it'll probably be Bonnar by TKO, but I'll be happy if Rashad holds his own here.

Also, just saw Kristian Rothaermel on the card... that's kind of unexpected. He didn't look good against Bisping. Of course, that was Bisping....

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I watched the finale despite not watching much of the season as the show went on.

Bisping looked really really good. Haynes has a lot of heart but needs to shed some flab and go down a class like he said he was going to do.

I was happy with Ed and Kendell both getting contracts. They went all out and deserved it and I would have had trouble calling a winner in that fight.

I like Florian. They keep giving him fights on finales or UFNs and he wins. He does not look like the guy that got a lucky elbow in on Lesben on the show and then got dominated by Diego. He has really come into his own and those are no longer lucky elbows. He knows what he is doing.

I also enjoyed Jardine's fight and the other guy just trying to be all tough and shake off those shots and trying to keep the crowd out of it.

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is UFN?

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you think of Melvin Guillard?
    Guillard looked very good against Smith and it was a nasty KO....but he was fighting a one dimensional fighter who had no business being on the big show. This fight reminded me of Hoger/Newton, with Newton being nothing but a karate practioner. Guillard, if matched up against the right opponents is going to look like a monster.

The lightweights was always one of the more exciting divisions in the UFC and in MMA. I'm glad they are loading up with lightweight fights for the next few weeks with Gurgel/Hominick (Hominick regularly fights at 145lbs though), Stevenson/Edwards, Franca/Huerta(!!!!), and Pellegrino/Fickett (not sure if it's at 155 or 170). I really hope they bring Richard Crunkilton back....he's tough as nails (see UFC 42 vs. Hermes Franca....dislocated elbow and kept fighting), great combos/striking, awesome slams, and ground control. Expect this division to take off and alot of welterweight fighters (IE Thiago Alves) to move down to compete in this division.

If you've got the time to look around, I suggest the following lightweight fights:

- BJ Penn vs. Din Thomas (UFC 32....match of the year candidate)
    - BJ Penn vs. Caol Uno (UFC 34)
    - Genki Sudo vs. Leigh Remedios (UFC 38)
    - Yves Edwards vs. Rich Clementi (UFC 41)
    - Hermes Franca vs. Rich Crunkilton (UFC 42)
    - Genki Sudo vs. Bang (UFC 42)
    - Hermes Franca vs. Caol Uno (UFC 44)
    - Hermes Franca vs. Josh Thomson (UFC 46)
    - Yves Edwards vs. Hermes Franca (UFC 47)
    - Matt Serra vs. Ivan Menjiva (UFC 48)
    - Yves Edwards vs. Josh Thomson (UFC 49)

Speaking of Alves, I'm still pissed that Fitch isn't on the main card for UFN....and my last post wasn't too long ago. Fitch deserves his fights to be shown on Unleashed or to be on a televised/ppv event. FITCH! FITCH! FITCH!

Roethermel will most likely tap MacDonald out. Yeah, he didn't look good against Bisping and like you said, it's Bisping. Bisping was in a level of his own and every other fighter on the show was fighting for a spot to lose to him in the finals. Roethermel's alot better than what was shown. MacDonald on the other hand, he's not as good as you may think. He's big and strong, but that's about it. He's pretty much Ross Pointon without the striking....and Ross is tits, well, his personality is.

I also enjoyed Jardine's fight and the other guy just trying to be all tough and shake off those shots and trying to keep the crowd out of it.
    Gouveia was really making Jardine look bad in the first round. If he had stamina, he could have taken Jardine out in the 2nd round. It's a shame, but Jardine showed heart and turned it up in rounds 2 and 3. I'd really like for Him to be matched up against Bisping in maybe his 3rd or 4th fight. Jardine should fight Hoger or the winner of Hinkle/Lambert in the long run.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When is UFN?
    Wednesday, June 28th....

....tonight

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Irish Kamikaze

Gouveia was really making Jardine look bad in the first round. If he had stamina, he could have taken Jardine out in the 2nd round. It's a shame, but Jardine showed heart and turned it up in rounds 2 and 3. I'd really like for Him to be matched up against Bisping in maybe his 3rd or 4th fight. Jardine should fight Hoger or the winner of Hinkle/Lambert in the long run.
    Stamina is part of the game though. You have to be prepared to go the long haul. Gouveia was not really prepared and Jardine picked it up and took it to him after that. Gouveia still got some shots in and early in the second round was still shaking stuff off and trying to act like it was nothing but after a while he quit that shit.

I would like to see Jardine and Bisping at some point.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stamina is part of the game, yes. But when you're injured, that wears you down as fights progress. As stated during the fight, Gouivea sustained a back injury and that's why he was wearing those orthopedic strips for his lower back.

If Gouivea would have been 100%, not just in shape, he would have taken Jardine out. He made Jardine look like an amateur fighter in the first round. I even went to extreme lengths to say that Jardine looked like shit. He was throwing punches like a second grade school girl during the exchanges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haynes has a lot of heart but needs to shed some flab and go down a class like he said he was going to do.
    Yeah, his jiggly body is really distracting to watch. In his defense, I think he said he used to weigh 330 lbs, so he's lost alot of weight. He mentioned dropping down to 170, I think. That's a big drop, but he's pretty strong and should do well there, I would think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gouivea was impressive in that first round. I'd like to see what he can do when he's 100%. I agree he made Jardine look like an amateur.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Riggs dropped down from 300+lbs....and he's dubbed the incredible shrinking man

Just imagine it in the future....for the UFC Flyweight championship (135lbs):
    Joe "Diesel" Riggs vs. Josh "Bring the Pain" Haynes

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Stamina is part of the game, yes. But when you're injured, that wears you down as fights progress. As stated during the fight, Gouivea sustained a back injury and that's why he was wearing those orthopedic strips for his lower back.

If Gouivea would have been 100%, not just in shape, he would have taken Jardine out. He made Jardine look like an amateur fighter in the first round. I even went to extreme lengths to say that Jardine looked like shit. He was throwing punches like a second grade school girl during the exchanges
    I didn't catch he was injured. I had distractions going while trying to watch all the finale and had to keep rewinding to catch stuff. I wondered why he didn't keep up with the leg kicks. Even Rogan was saying that he should have kept up and he would have taken Jardine's legs out from under him. But in Jardine's defense he might not have taken that guy too seriously. I mean he did look like shit in the first round but he took it to him after that. So maybe he was caught off guard which is dangerous because someone can take you out if you are not mentally prepared. I would like to see a rematch between the two actually.

Yeah, his jiggly body is really distracting to watch. In his defense, I think he said he used to weigh 330 lbs, so he's lost alot of weight. He mentioned dropping down to 170, I think. That's a big drop, but he's pretty strong and should do well there, I would think.
    Yeah he just needs to do some work to tone all that down really because he is in decent shape but just looks kind of bad. I think he will do fine if he drops down.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't catch he was injured. I had distractions going while trying to watch all the finale and had to keep rewinding to catch stuff. I wondered why he didn't keep up with the leg kicks. Even Rogan was saying that he should have kept up and he would have taken Jardine's legs out from under him. But in Jardine's defense he might not have taken that guy too seriously. I mean he did look like shit in the first round but he took it to him after that. So maybe he was caught off guard which is dangerous because someone can take you out if you are not mentally prepared. I would like to see a rematch between the two actually.
    Actually, Gouivea is well known for his leg kicks. Also, being an American Top Team product, Jardine shouldn't have taken him lightly or even thought of doing such a thing.

Yeah he just needs to do some work to tone all that down really because he is in decent shape but just looks kind of bad. I think he will do fine if he drops down.
    It's just baby fat that'll get burned off. He'll look lean once he drops the unneccessary body fat

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder if Jardine got the decision in his bout with Gouivea as a "here ya go" against his controversial loss via decision to Bonnar (I thought Jardine won that bout).

Anyways, thought the TUF finale was pretty great. Also happy to see Stout get his ass handed to him from a BJJ black belt.

Tonight is UFN and i'm pretty pscyhed. Cancelled a meeting with a client tonight so I can be home tonight to watch it. GO EVANS!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the finale was fantastic. Grove/Herman was a pretty good see-saw bout but I had Herman for the win. I think that near-RNC at the end held a lot of weight but if they gave kendall the win because of that, then Tait should have gone to the semis.

As for Bisping, that guy was very impressive. Took care of business standing up and on the ground. Props to Josh Haynes. That guy has Crow-type defense.

I'm excited about UFN. All interesting fights. I'm interested in seeing how Gurgel does against someone of equitable size.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bisping will murder Forest if they end up fighting.

And anyone else for that matter.

BISPING IS GOD.

May 31'st. war kimbo!!!! JLBisGOD's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was damn dissapointed that Herman lost....Bisping came through like we all knew he would so it's not all bad i suppose. He's got the tools and attitude to go far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good interview with Matt Hammill. Explains why he was so sloppy in the Nickels fight and his absence after the fight.

http://kokonutpundits.blogspot.com/2...tt-hamill.html

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    here are the results for the Ultimate Fight Night 5 undercard

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave Menne vs. Josh Koscheck

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES RASHAD EVANS!!!!

Absolute dominance of Bonnar, I was actually surprised. Maybe now he'll get a little respect at 13-0.

GO LEBENS

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rashad, get respect? With no offense? no.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense? He slammed Bonnar like 4-5 times and controlled the ground the entire match. Sure, he needs to learn to pull guard and finish on the ground but hey, he won.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well holy shit Lebens got fucking smoked

WOW.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No offense? He slammed Bonnar like 4-5 times and controlled the ground the entire match. Sure, he needs to learn to pull guard and finish on the ground but hey, he won.
    takedowns with no follow ups is not impressive.

3 fights, 3 decisions....none decisive....yeah, he's got my respect

I can't believe Anderson smoked him like that....I think Anderson thinks he's fighting in Cage Rage

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'd say tonight against Bonnar would constitute as decisive. But yeah, he definitely needs to start ending fights before regulation. Fucking amazing wrestler.

Yeah, Silva came from Pride right? From what i've heard, they brought him here to challenge Rich Franklin. Not sure though, I'm not familiar with the guy.

But geez, Lebens got schooled tonight, as he got KO'd twice in less than a minute.

Cummo/Goulet is a pretty good fight thus far...

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anderson has actually been fighting in Pride's farm league (now), Cage Rage, in the UK. He's been a machine by ko'ing fighters left and right.

Anderson was once part of Chute Boxe, but left a short time before Shogun started to become their star pupil. He was 2-0 in Pride (beating Otsuka via JD and Steilbling via TKO/Cut) before he fought Ryo Chonan at Pride Shockwave. He was dubbed as one of the top MW's in the world at the time and was expected to dominate Chonan from beginning to end. Instead, Anderson was worked through the entire fight being dominated standing (unbelievable) and on the ground. Chonan ended up finishing the fight with one of the best looking submissions I have ever seen....flying leg lock. From there, Anderson went on to Cage Rage beating UFC vets like Lee Murray, Jorge Rivera, and Curtis Stout.

He is brought in to be a top contender to Franklin's title, but also as a stepping stone to Leben. But instead, he turned out being the fighter he once was and the fighter he has been in Cage Rage. He'll continue to wreck fighters standing until he's taken down by a top grappler, Dean Lister, and subbed

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, here's the TUF 4 cast members:

highlighted are my picks to make it to the finale....but of course that'll change if they end up fighting one another before the finale

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When does TUF 4 start? I'm not too familiar with UFC names but isn't this season based on passed UFC fighters getting a second shot? That should be interesting and lead to less people walking away or quitting.

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi can someone do me a favour and tell me who won the ulimate fighter 3?

What were the matches like etc

Special Attraction
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look three pages back in the thread...

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When does TUF 4 start?
    The taping is done and the finalists are set....but the first episode won't be aired until August

Quote Originally Posted by Repo
    Hi can someone do me a favour and tell me who won the ulimate fighter 3?

What were the matches like etc
    Televised Fights:

Keith Jardine def. Wilson Gouveia via JD
    - Gouveia dominated the first round, but Jardine picked it up as Gouveia, with a lower back injury, gassed out

Kendall Grove def. Ed Herman via JD
    - Seasaw battle as both had their moments standing and on the mat. Very exciting fight as both left it all in the cage. Grove edged Herman in a toss up decision to win the contract, but Dana did it again and gave Herman a 6-figure contract as well.

Michael Bisping def. Josh Haynes via TKO/Ref Stoppage Rd 2
    - Bisping showed that he was on a level of his own compared to the rest of the LHW's of this seasons cast. Haynes showed great heart eating an illegal knee and getting poked in the eye and kept coming forward. Bisping was dominant standing and on the mat. Haynes is only the 2nd fighter Bisping has ever faced to take him past the 1st round.

Kenny Florian def. Sam Stout via Sub Rd 1
    - Complete domination. Stout threw some faints, Florian closed in, clinched and took Stout down. From there, he worked through Stout's guard, side control, mount, then got Stout's back for the rear naked choke victory.

Non-Televised fights:

- Mike Nickels def. Wes Combs via Sub Rd 1
    - Matt Hamill def. Jesse Forbes via TKO Rd 1
    - Luigi Fioravanti def. Solomon Hutcherson via KO Rd 1
    - Kalib Starnes def. Danny Abaddi via Sub Rd 1
    - Rory Singer def. Ross Pointon via Sub Rd 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone know what the Hamill fight was like?

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Televised Fights:
    Cheers mate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brothers Grimm
    I read that it was pretty lop-sided.

Man, Cummo will never have an unentertaining fight. There were many times that I thought he was done but then he comes back with some killer strikes or manages to get a guillotine attempt.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Brothers Grimm
    oh yeah, forgot this fight was televised as well....

Hamill completely outclassed Forbes who just doesn't have any business in the cage or MMA. Hamill dominated him on the ground and showed pretty good stand-up, though Forbes has zero stand-up skills. Hamill got Forbes down one more time and pounded away until the ref stopped the fight towards the end of round 1.

After the fight, Ortiz came in the cage and Hamill jumped into his arms....awwwwwww

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Question. How many times has Hughes won the title? I have heard several and it says that according to his website yet he does not have that many losses. Has he been stripped in the past for various reason?

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's a 2-time WW champion. He lost the title to BJ Penn at UFC 46, but BJ Penn was stripped of the title and Hughes faced George St. Pierre (GSP) at UFC 50 for the vacant title....the rest is history

He only has 4 losses to his record....

UFC:
    - loss to BJ Penn (RNC/Rd 1)
    - loss to Dennis Hallman (Armbar/Rd 1 :20)

Outside the UFC:
    - loss to Pele (KO)
    - loss to Dennis Hallman (Guillotine Choke/Rd 1 :17)

no, those are not typos, Dennis Hallman beat Hughes 2 times in the span of 37 seconds. His loss to Pele was during the 8-man Shidokan WW tournament held in Kuwait....which was won by Dave Menne (defeated Barklaev in the finals and Carlos Newton in the quarterfinals).

Team Bushido MMA The Slaughter Within's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for nailing that one in the head, I could ot have summed up Diego that well my self. The UFC crowds are kinda getting seperated like wrestling crowds are, just with different rules involved. Instead of marks and what not, you have casual fans vs. hardcore fans. Hardcore fans love every aspect of the fight, and don't care on the outcome. Casual fans just want to see a KO in the first 30 secs. About the only thing they agree on is Boring fights SUCK!

Now why all that?

Casual fans that are just coming in oinly see Diego as a scrub "midcarder" at the moment, who in the Alessio fight found boring. Boos heard.

HardCore fans see Diego as this Golden Boy of the UFC of sorts, who unlike Forrest Griffin, is getting fed cans for most his fights (minus Diaz & Alessio).
    and are getting really tired of seeing him win with the same damned move every fight (RNC).

I like Diego as a fighter, I think he's dumb as fuck, but talented as hell in the cage. I would like to see him fight some tougher guys now, such as GSP, BJ Penn, Joe Riggs, a Diaz re-match) just to give him the challenge he needs. I just want to see more before I buy into his hype.

I almost forgot, the Judging lately has really sucked ass, badly!
    Last edited by The Slaughter Within; June 29th, 2006 at 11:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's My TUF 4 Pics {highlighted}

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Slaughter Within
    I would like to see him fight some tougher guys now, such as GSP, BJ Penn, Joe Riggs, a Diaz re-match) just to give him the challenge he needs. I just want to see more before I buy into his hype.
    Tougher guys eh? August 17th, he'll be facing Karo Parisyan, in what may be billed as a #1 contenders match, in the main event of Ultimate Fight Night

I'm waiting for Jon Fitch to get the respect he deserves and have his fights shown on Unleashed or even UFN cards. He destroyed Josh Burkman and choked him out. He then destroys Thiago Alves who's been shown on tv many times. This guy is on the rise and the bandwagon is going to get crowded very soon....but nobodies allowed on the one I'm currently conducting....it's a 1-man wagon

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's My TUF 4 Pics {highlighted}

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tougher guys eh? August 17th, he'll be facing Karo Parisyan, in what may be billed as a #1 contenders match, in the main event of Ultimate Fight Night

I'm waiting for Jon Fitch to get the respect he deserves and have his fights shown on Unleashed or even UFN cards. He destroyed Josh Burkman and choked him out. He then destroys Thiago Alves who's been shown on tv many times. This guy is on the rise and the bandwagon is going to get crowded very soon....but nobodies allowed on the one I'm currently conducting....it's a 1-man wagon

I forgot about Karo, that will be a damn good fight there.

The last Diego fight made me compare him to Cena when the crowd started booing......

I'm pulling for Karo, hopefully he's at 100%

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Diego's going to be too much for Karo....and I feel bad for Karo because he missed out in a title shot due to injury. Karo looked great though against Thompson at UFC 59, but man did Thompson show little heart in that fight....saw blood, started tapping.

On the other hand, Diego didn't look good against Allessio, but Allessio lost that fight himself....he gave it away. Diego will come back like a bat out of hell against Karo and will try to make a statement out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I almost forgot, the Judging lately has really sucked ass, badly!
    My god, has it ever...

Now, to say that Rashad Evans completely dominated Bonnar would probably be an overstatement, for sure, but the fact is, he completely negated Bonnar's offense, and had a bunch of great looking takedown slams to boot. My opinion is he's looking better and better with each fight.

He definitely needs to work on:
    - Ground offense - He's got some great takedowns, but it seems like he just doesn't know what to do after getting an opponent on his back. He could have passed Bonnar several times on the ground, but he just seemed content to stay in his guard.

- Conditioning - Rashad is quick and strong, but by the middle of the second round or so, he always looks pretty gassed.

These are really aggravating things, really, because I really think Rashad could be a top-notch fighter if he could just develop some ground skills.

While it's true he wasn't able to do too much with Bonnar on the ground, the fact remains that Bonnar got little to no offense in on Evans. Rashad deserved to win that fight, and the fact that one judge called that fight a draw is a fucking DISGRACE. He should never judge a UFC fight ever again. I can see the 2nd round being called a draw, or even going in Bonnar's favor, but the 1st and 3rd clearly belonged to Evans. I was so glad to hear Joe Rogan calling for that guy's head near the end of the show.

Rogan: "He should be shot!"
    M. Goldberg: "Well, that would be illegal."

I want to see Evans face Forrest Griffin. How great would that be?
    Last edited by Dave M; June 30th, 2006 at 12:51 AM.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they should have boxing officials to judge UFC fights....damn NSAC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if it was the same judge, but one called a draw in the Cummo fight as well. Cummo clearly lost that fight.

12th Man
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, they were 2 different judges

Oh, did anybody else catch it during Hamill/Forbes at the Finale when Buffer announced the referee....I forgot his name, never seen him ever....and somebody said outloud "WHO?!!?"