Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live by the sword, die by the sword.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Knees on the ground should always be legal.

#PrideNeverDie

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I must admit, having seen the highlight, it's not the kind of knee DJ was using as an example when he asked for them to be allowed. He was talking about them for opponents that are playing the 'downed fighter' game like Sterling was. He got knocked down with a punch and then smashed by a knee as he was trying to get back up. Brutal. But a knee is a knee.

The bigger issue there seemed to be how much bigger his opponent was than him.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm honestly not sure exactly how ONE's weightclasses work but Sage Northcutt had the same issue against Cosmo Alezandre, definitely undersized and underpowered in that one. Eddie Alvarez looked tiny versus Timofey Nastyukhin as well.

*Alexandre
    Last edited by OD50; April 8th, 2021 at 9:29 AM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't bitch about American fighters being undersized when they take every advantage on the planet to come in 2-3x bigger than their weight class. And MM has fought bigger dudes, he was doing well until he got clipped and then murked with the knee.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandria Ocasio-Bertez View Post
    Because of me? Lol. I think it's crazy that knees to a grounded opponent are legal though. And he still got up quicker than Aljo did.
    Yan said the same thing, very tongue in cheek post he made lol.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In a wtf moment of the day Rory MacDonald just dropped a split decision to Gleison Tibau of all fucking people. I didn't even know Tibau still fought.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was going to watch PFL and ended up watching stand up specials instead. I don't regret it. I'll probably watch Silva box.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it's not MMA but Chad Mendes has ended his retirement and has signed with Bare Knuckle FC.....

I might be in the minority here but I am not a fan of BKF. I can watch some of it, but I don't seek it out.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    One FC: Grand Finale is on and it's such a big card they want you to pay $40 to watch it live. I'm still not. PM me if you want a link.

Rodtang vs DJ is up next, I think.

Stamp Fairtex vs Angela Lee (who had a baby and was gone for 2 years) is the main event.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The legend Mighty Mouse. All time great. Him and Moraes rematch will be some watch, the first was a bit of an anomaly given Moraes isn't much of a devastating striker but landed that big knee in the transition. Shame the UFC didn't respect him enough to keep him around as he should be up there in terms of legends, but it is what it is. He did enough in his career to be considered a great so if people can't see that without the hype then that's up to them. Not like his fights weren't entertaining either, he was a good watch, dominant, and often got the finish unlike somebody like GSP. Benavidez, Horiguchi and Cejudo stoppage wins have aged excellently given Joe was pretty much unbeatable besides DJ in his prime at flyweight, Horiguchi has gone on to have a great career and Cejudo became a two weight world champion.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't watch much anymore, but caught wind of how good Brown/Barberena fight was so thought I'd give it a gander. Thought it possibly should have gone the other way, but Christ, what a fight.

Mentioned
    182 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JP View Post
    Don't watch much anymore, but caught wind of how good Brown/Barberena fight was so thought I'd give it a gander. Thought it possibly should have gone the other way, but Christ, what a fight.
    This is the non UFC thread.

This is the UFC thread:
    https://forums.rajah.com/showthread....40262&page=133

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    The legend Mighty Mouse. All time great. Him and Moraes rematch will be some watch, the first was a bit of an anomaly given Moraes isn't much of a devastating striker but landed that big knee in the transition. Shame the UFC didn't respect him enough to keep him around as he should be up there in terms of legends, but it is what it is. He did enough in his career to be considered a great so if people can't see that without the hype then that's up to them. Not like his fights weren't entertaining either, he was a good watch, dominant, and often got the finish unlike somebody like GSP. Benavidez, Horiguchi and Cejudo stoppage wins have aged excellently given Joe was pretty much unbeatable besides DJ in his prime at flyweight, Horiguchi has gone on to have a great career and Cejudo became a two weight world champion.
    Mighty Mouse is dope but you can't blame the UFC. Smaller fighters have rarely moved the needle. Marketing can only do so much. People respect Mighty Mouse but again, who's drawing at 125-145? You had 1 real draw in those weight classes since inception, McGregor. Numbers don't lie. You put any of those fighters on the main event of a ppv it's not going to draw as well as the heavier weight classes.

Mighty Mouse was smart going to One. They fight in front of audiences that appreciate smaller fighters. But it's not like OneFC is blowing up in the West so is that still the UFC's fault?

Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Classy. Fits well with the overall BKFC presentation I guess.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OD50 View Post
    Classy. Fits well with the overall BKFC presentation I guess.
    I mean have you seen some of the shit the top fighters in the UFC have pulled in and out of the cage? I'd gladly take some flashing of the titties over some of the shit guys like Rampage or McGregor have pulled.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    I'm sure you would..

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Fedor Emelianenko/Ryan Bader II is set for February 4 on CBS, it is supposed to be Fedor's retirement fight. I guess he really wants to get that 35-second loss back, can't really blame him.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fedor Emelianenko/Ryan Bader II is set for February 4 on CBS, it is supposed to be Fedor's retirement fight. I guess he really wants to get that 35-second loss back, can't really blame him.
    I have not paid much attention to Ryan Bader but it looks like he's still the man at HW. Would this be for the title? I don't see why not. Fedor is on a 2 fight winning streak spanning 3+ years but hey it's still a 2 winning streak lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fedor challenging for the heavyweight title and Yoel Romero challenging for the 205lb title on the same card. Madness.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Two title challengers on the same card being a combined 91 years old has to be a first.

It's the first MMA event on CBS since Strikeforce Nashville in 2010, AKA "The Nashville Brawl".

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this, Bellator had a pretty good show. The title fights were a little lackluster. But I'm a huge fan now of Daniel James.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    So, Kayla Harrison lost in the finals of the PFL tournament via UD against a girl she had already beaten twice. I guess that throws the hypothetical Cyborg fight out the window for the foreseeable future.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, Kayla Harrison lost in the finals of the PFL tournament via UD against a girl she had already beaten twice. I guess that throws the hypothetical Cyborg fight out the window for the foreseeable future.
    I'm just waiting on the announcement that her punk manager is finally leaving the business. He tweeted if Kayla ever lost, he would leave MMA.

Kayla....Was she any good to begin with? She's fighting at 155, the only other fighter I know who fights at that weight is Cindy Dandois. Could she even make 145? She looks HUGE. What kind of drug testing do they do in PFL?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm just waiting on the announcement that her punk manager is finally leaving the business. He tweeted if Kayla ever lost, he would leave MMA.

Kayla....Was she any good to begin with? She's fighting at 155, the only other fighter I know who fights at that weight is Cindy Dandois. Could she even make 145? She looks HUGE. What kind of drug testing do they do in PFL?
    Kayla has fought at 145 once in Invicta but never in the PFL. I doubt they do any serious drug testing.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kayla has fought at 145 once in Invicta but never in the PFL. I doubt they do any serious drug testing.
    I did see that after the fact she did fight at 145 before. I'm curious why PFL tried to make 155 women's a thing knowing the name value was non-existent, knowing the depth was worse than 145. They probably thought the million dollar prize would entice someone like Cyborg Santos who cuts 20lbs+ to make 145. Maybe they thought Gabi Garcia was going to cut some muscle out of her diet lol.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sweden
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I did see that after the fact she did fight at 145 before. I'm curious why PFL tried to make 155 women's a thing knowing the name value was non-existent, knowing the depth was worse than 145. They probably thought the million dollar prize would entice someone like Cyborg Santos who cuts 20lbs+ to make 145. Maybe they thought Gabi Garcia was going to cut some muscle out of her diet lol.
    155 was basically the Kayla division, just like 145 was the Cyborg division in the UFC. From what I've read the PFL may drop the the 155 tournament in favor of one at 145 next season.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's because Kayla didn't want to cut weight 4 times in 8 months or whatever the schedule is. Probability is she does a 'superfight' with either Cyborg or Pacheco 4 (or both given the timeline), then fights the winner of the 145lb tournament. Still options, but how much can you grow a star in the 3rd biggest company?

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3rd biggest? Naw I'd say 4th and by a country mile. UFC, Bellator, One, PFL.