User Tag List

Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Hip Hop Discussion/Album Review Thread.

Down for the gitdown spanish announce table's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by 50 Cent

Canibus got that rating because well has no substance to his music, its just dictionary spit lyrics, and really he has no diverse subject matter.

As opposed to Baby who we all know is the most flexible MC out there. The writer said that the lack of choruses made it weak, but if they paid any attention to Cenior Studies "...fuck writin' killer chorus".

MiClub was one of Bis's best albums, lyrically and production wise. No way in hell did he deserve 2.5, while Lil Kim (wack lyrics) got 4.5

Giving him the business. QuietStorm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't have a problem with there being no choruses. That is the way that I personally love to hear Canibus spit. And yeah the Source dude who wrote the review acted like it was a good album worthy of 4 or 4.5 mics and then you look and do a double-take when you see there are only 2.5 mics there. Simply shocking. They have lost all credibility.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Suno
    I'm far from a hardcore Jay Z fan, and in the majority of hip-hop circles, discluding people who ride Source reviews it's a classic album, how do I know this? people I know, critics, rap boards and in my own personal opinion it's a classic.

Feelin' It is far from weak, maybe one of the weakest joints on a classic album, but it's still a great track....

Ain't no Nigga is a classic song, maybe it's just your personal preferance but that is a distinguishable classic song

And Bring it On is dope as fuck, the beat is mad grimey and the inclusion of Sauce Money and Big Jaz-O is hardly hindering the track, a nice contrast to Jay-Z imo..

And it's a premier beat too, by the sounds of things you love premo, and it's a typical premo beat, but you say it's weak? pfft...

But really will just have to agree to disagree, you dont think it is, many do...
    Im sorry buddy but Aint No Nigga is not classic by any means. The Source does suck, but there rating at 4.5 mics was correct. Reasonable Doubt is a overrated album, but it is not a shitty album. Almost all hiphop heads agrees that the album is not classic, but still is very good, and Jay's best effort.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... Almost all hiphop heads agrees that the album is not classic, but still is very good, and Jay's best effort.
    "Hip-hop heads" agreeing about something doesn't mean shit ... the thing about Reasonable Doubt is the fact that it grows on you.

A majority of the rap albums released in the 90s were instantly classic. You'd hear it once and know it was great ... but that isn't the case for some, namely Reasonable Doubt and, while some might not agree that it isn't instantly incredible, Illmatic.

They're the kind of albums that sink in as you listen, where you find yourself finding new favorite lines and hidden beats weeks after you first buy the album.

That, to me, makes Reasonable Doubt so damn good. Argue whether or not something is a classic all you want, but the fact that it only improves with age is what makes it great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No! Reasonable Doubt is a classic, Im not arguing why it is, maybe on your Slim shady message board where everybody agrees that Eminem, 50 Cent, Obie Trice and D12 are all in their top ten greatest of all time it isnt a classic, but it fucking is a classic dammit, I knew when i first listened to it, it didnt have to grow on me....

And Hack, if something grows with age, it withstands the test of time, therefor it fufills all the criteria to be a classic album, what are the criteria? Who's to say, maybe a possible topic for discussion, but to me, it dosnt leave me feeling that the album lack something, top to bottom near enough flawless hip-hop...

The Production on that album still outshines anything being released in the '03, FACT!
    Last edited by Suno; April 10th, 2003 at 3:10 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey spanish, don't you think that comparing himself to Harry Houdini on Curriculum 101 was pretty amazing? The way he has been blackballed in the industry was perfectly summed up in those few lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ... And Hack, if something grows with age, it withstands the test of time, therefor it fufills all the criteria to be a classic album ...
    I'm not quite sure if you're saying you don't agree with me or what, but, well, that's pretty much what I was saying.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reasonable Doubt has not stood the test of time, and stating that its production is the greatest as a fact is not accurate at all. It was a great album, not classic by anymeans, any album with filler cuts like Aint No Nigga, Feelin It is not classic. Illmatic a classic yes it is. And no I do not post a slim shady messages boards, and no I do not think 50 Cent is the best rapper. Blueprint has much better production than Reasonable Doubt. Only thing missing from Blueprint was a Premo beat and great lyrics. Classics are albums like Illmatic, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Wu Tang Forever, 7 Day Theory, 36 Chambers, albums that have stood the test of time. I can still bump Illmatic start to finish, Reasonable Doubt features skipable tracks which instantly take away the fact that its a classic album.

There is no point in arguing about this being a classic or not, because really Jay-Z does not need to drop a classic album, his status in hip hop is already there, he does not need to define himself with a classic album, the fact is he is a consitent rapper. He is a top 5 mc of all time in my books, better then Biggie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon now, it is a classic, and is better than 7 Day Theory, hell 7 Day Theory isn't even Tupacs best album, and Jay Z is not a better MC than the Notorious BIG, FACT!

And Wu Tang Forever? You talk abount inconsistant and weak joints? Being a double disk it has it's collection of filler, in which your opinion dosn't constitute a classic album, so c'mon, think before you post.
    Last edited by Suno; April 10th, 2003 at 7:21 PM.

Nottingham's finest
    Camden, Norf London <--> Lenton, Nottingham
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...and is better than 7 Day Theory...

Why Sam, WHY???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    7 Day Theory IS 2Pac's best album.

But I never liked 2Pac nearly as much as y'all. So go on with your business.
    Last edited by QuietStorm; April 10th, 2003 at 9:59 PM.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

C'mon now, it is a classic, and is better than 7 Day Theory, hell 7 Day Theory isn't even Tupacs best album, and Jay Z is not a better MC than the Notorious BIG, FACT!

And Wu Tang Forever? You talk abount inconsistant and weak joints? Being a double disk it has it's collection of filler, in which your opinion dosn't constitute a classic album, so c'mon, think before you post.
    Fact us 7 day Theory is one of the greatest albums ever in hip hop, diverse subject matter which Reasonable Doubt does not have, and that seems to be Jay's biggest problem he talks about bitches, hustling, more hustling, hustling, bitches and even more hustling.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Deary Me, I give up.....

Fact is, as much as I like 7 Day Theory, Me Against the World is the difinitive Tupac album, and it is better in my opinion, and is better than Reasonable Doubt as a personal preference, but reasonable doubt is still a classic album...
    Last edited by Suno; April 11th, 2003 at 9:18 AM.

Simon
    7 Day Theory from HMV, £4.99. Personally I'd take All Eyez On Me any day

hed
    You know niggas want to dis me and talk shit.
    I shown half of these niggas how to stay on beat, you know what I'm talking 'bout?

But it's cool though, we can play if you wanna play...

(verse 1)
    I'm a snitch nigga killa, 3rd ward gun spitter
    Belonged triggas with them hydro shots nigga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This doesn't belong here but when I was drunk yesterday I was spitting freestyles and my non-rap liking friends said they were pretty immense...

I wish I knew what they were damnit, if they had been recorded that would be sweet.

To contribute to the topic - "Hardcore" by L'il Kim is pretty good, however like "La Bella Mafia" it suffers from being overly full of songs in which she barely appears.
    I'm quite disappointed by that, however the songs she does rap in are really rather good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lil Kim is trash. A little whore. And she is the worst rapper ever.

There, that is what you get for calling Canibus a faggot.

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pacs best was Me against the world. DOPE. Hahaha Suno agrees. I like it cause its so east coast.

You can't say pac had a diverse subject matter on 7 day thats just stupid. It was almost ALL "I'm about to die" "hustle" "kill" " ho's". That was a really stupid thing say...

Suno what joints were weak on Forever? Forever is a classic, almost every song has pinpoint perfect production and mad lyrics. Except when Cappa steps up, but still. I would by no means call Forever inconsistent and full of filler. For a double CD its as filler free as they come. IMO

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Webbicho

You can't say pac had a diverse subject matter on 7 day thats just stupid. It was almost ALL "I'm about to die" "hustle" "kill" " ho's". That was a really stupid thing say...

All the topics you mentioned have little to no relation to one another. This fact thus proves that the subject matter is what you internet people describe as "diverse"

"Me against the world" and "7 day theory" are definately both classics in their own respects. I persoanlly prefer 7 day theory becuase of said "diversity". Listen to "bomb first" then "to live and die in LA", then "blasphemy" followed by "Just like Daddy". These four tunes just go to show exactly the various levels that Pac could reach via his lyrics.

"7 day theory" is a classic(yes, CLASSIC) because it basically could sum up tupac's life not only as a rapper but as a person too.

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But for Tupac that was nothing new.

Still, point tooken.

I disagree however that either of the 2 albums completely sum up Pacs life.

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok. Maybe "sum up" was a bit too much of an over-exsagerated cliche.

Maybe what I meant to say was that the album provided somewhat of an insight into the admitedly complex mind of what was a very complicated man.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pacs best was Me against the world. DOPE. Hahaha Suno agrees. I like it cause its so east coast.

Suno what joints were weak on Forever? Forever is a classic, almost every song has pinpoint perfect production and mad lyrics. Except when Cappa steps up, but still. I would by no means call Forever inconsistent and full of filler. For a double CD its as filler free as they come. IMO
    Thats a dumb comment to make you obviously have not listened to 7 Day Theory. It is very diverse in subject matter, Me and My Girlfriend, Hold Ya Head, Bomb 1st, Hail Mary, To Live and Die In La the album is classic, and simply put one of the greatest ever recorded.

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own bro.

Live and die in LA - Ho's and hustle and im gonna die
    Me and my girlfriend - Ho's and kill
    Hailmary - Im gonna die
    Bomb first- Kill
    Hold ya Head up - One of those contradictive motivational songs Pac was always good for

Nothing new for Pac. Its just Pac was one of the best at it - thats why it never seemed to get old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude...Me & My Girlfriend is about his gun. But you knew that right?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own bro.
    Me and my girlfriend - Ho's and kill

Nothing new for Pac. Its just Pac was one of the best at it - thats why it never seemed to get old.
    That makes me wonder if you own it. Its about his gun, not hoes and kill. Hold Ya Head is a song to people who are locked up, Hail Mary is not Kill, its just some spine tingling shit right there, To Live and Die In La is not im gonna die, its a song giving props out to LA, something you can smoke to. Bomb First is a awesome opener, and Agianst All Odds is a great diss record, come to think of it this album has everything.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by UMDeepTerp
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canibus does suck, and what's more I'm pretty sure Me & My Girlfriend is about both his girl and his gun.

He not only has a woman rap on the track with him, but he describes scenarios in which he is in trouble and she is with him.
    I think it may be a little hasty to cancel out the prospect of the song being about just his gun.
    But then again I'm not a huge fan, I just like the song.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not really, its all metaphorical if you actually listen to it, the inclusion of the femcee is just away of personifying the gun, so yeah....

As for 7 day Theory being better, im afraid i have to disagree, the person who said it has more diverse subject matter obviously hasnt heard all of Me Against the World, in comparrison both 7 Day Theory and Me Against The World do have similar subject matter, but when you stand the tracks of similar content up against eachother the ones on Me Against The World are more potent tracks....

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Suno, you know nothin about rap.

You problay think Ja Rule is a good rapper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by JeromeHolyfield112
    Suno, you know nothin about rap.

You problay think Ja Rule is a good rapper.
    Go listen to some slipknot you surburnite faggot....

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Slipknot? Why would I listen to Rock and Roll. I hate that crap.

You need to listen to real rap, and stop with listening to this Deathrow/2Pac/Westside shit.

Listen to real Hip Hop like De La Soul, KRS-One, Slick Rick, Rakim, MC Shan, EPMD, A Tribe Called Quest etc.

And stop acting hardcore gangsta, your from England.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHA! you really are an ignorant fuck, and you're a homosexual too, but I won't discriminate because of that....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because it was made 10-15 or more years ago does not make it the only real hip hop Jerome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just because it was made 10-15 or more years ago does not make it the only real hip hop Jerome.
    You dont know shit about rap...

I bet you Nelly is your favourite MC [/JeromeHolyshitimdumb]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So nothing today is hip hop. Ok.

And you know who my favorite MC is. The one who rocks with Rakim and Kool G Rap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So nothing today is hip hop. Ok.

And you know who my favorite MC is. The one who rocks with Rakim and Kool G Rap.
    I hope that wasn't directed at me, seeing as I was being sarcastic, evidently....

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Some rappers today are good.

I really dig Snoop Dogg's new shit, Nas, Eric Sermon, Keith Murray, Canibus, Kurupt, Dat Nigga Daz, Styles P & Jadakiss, Outkast, Method Man, Redman, I even dig some Busta Rhymes.

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, how can I forget GangStarr.

Mos Def is the best current MC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!

This faggot slated me for listening to Westcoast Ganster Rap, and then he has both members of the Dogg Pound as some of his preferred modern day rappers...

I mean shit, get a clue....

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Faggot, the reason why I like them is because, they aint always have to sing about depressing shit like Pac does, or useless shit like Dre does.

Not all West coast rappers are shit...

Eazy E and Cube ruled.

But most West coast rappers sucks IMO.

You should stop listening to most of that crap.

Bitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, you're a herb

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go post in the boxing thread.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, ricky hatton fucked your boy up

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You problay think 2Pac is the greatest rapper of all time. Man 2Pac aint shit.

If you listen to his albums back to back, you will notice 95% of his shit is the same.

2Pac isnt even a top 10 MC, he just knew how to get the media's attention.

2Pac was a peice of shit as a person, and he was a peice of shit MC.

Eazy E, Ice Cube, and Tha Dogg Pound were the real westcoast rappers.

I aint got beef with Westcoast rappers, there is some really good talent in the Westcoast, but I hate most of these sterotyped Westcoast rappers.

MC Ren was decent also.

Anyone who honestly believes 2Pac is a better MC then Biggie should get shot.

It's a shame to what happen to Eazy, he was without a doubt one of the best rappers of all time.

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, ricky hatton fucked your boy up
    Ricky Hatton aint shit, Arturo Gatti, Shambra Mitchell(Best fighter in the divison), Vivian Harris, Zab Judah, and Kostya Tszyu would all beat his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Eastcoast is wack as fuck.

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont understand the way people seem to think that region defines how good/bad an MC is. If you are good, you're good. It really doesn't make any difference if you are from Jersey, Inglewood or Bahgdad.

Get a fucking clue

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Westcoast/Eastcoast have different styles.

Westcoast is basically hardcore gangsta style

while the Eastcoast is more laid back.

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by JeromeHolyfield112
    Westcoast/Eastcoast have different styles.

Westcoast is basically hardcore gangsta style

while the Eastcoast is more laid back.
    Wrong!

There is a lot of westcoast rap that isn't what you call "Hardcore" gangster rap and a hell of a lot of East coast rap that is. It would be niave to catagorise the different coasts styles of rap the way you just did.

Mighty Mouse get out!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose your right.

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course I'm right.

Can it be said that Mobb Deep, The LOX, Kool G Rap etc are not "gangster" and are more laid back that Nate Dogg?

Thought not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah...M.O.P is veeery laid back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont know I just don't like Eastcoast. I feel some of it, some.
    I just like the Westcoast way better.

Life is different on the different coasts, and I could relate to what the West says.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eazy wasn't so hot, he sounded like a little girl and it annoyed me whenever he rapped.

Dre > Eazy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Prince XL
    Wrong!

There is a lot of westcoast rap that isn't what you call "Hardcore" gangster rap and a hell of a lot of East coast rap that is. It would be niave to catagorise the different coasts styles of rap the way you just did.
    But Ib's man, the dude is niave, ignorant and is also a faggot, there is conclusive evidence in this thread to prove my allegations to be fact! I bid you a good day!

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Eazy E was okay, his voice was shit, but he did help elevate Gangsta rap to new levels.

2Pac the Goat

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You both said that.

You're right, but the song still has sex ryhmes. And gun = kill.

So whats the problem?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not that big of a deal. We were just pointing out the song was one big metaphor unlike Jay-z's crappy ripoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jigga came out with Blueprint 2.1, which is condensed to 14 tracks...he left "Poppin Tags" off of it

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poppin Tags is arguably the best song on 'the gift'.

Some fools be working for the Roc

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Popping tags... he doesn't mean tags like shitty graffiti does he?

FTR Tags are gay, pieces however I cannot say enough good things about.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Listened to "me and my girlfriend" a minute ago to confirm something that could show how the song is also about his literal girlfriend.

He says: "I love finger fuckin' you"

Those aren't the words of a man who is talking about his gun, he definately brings his woman into this song. There seems to be too much basic sex talk and blatant referencing to his woman to make the song only about his gun.

Listen to it, it's about guns and women.

Flow
    Originally posted by spanish announce table
    Jigga came out with Blueprint 2.1, which is condensed to 14 tracks...he left "Poppin Tags" off of it
    yeah I saw that in Virgin a few days ago, it's about a quid cheaper than the actual Blueprint 2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Government Mule
    Listened to "me and my girlfriend" a minute ago to confirm something that could show how the song is also about his literal girlfriend.

Those aren't the words of a man who is talking about his gun, he definately brings his woman into this song. There seems to be too much basic sex talk and blatant referencing to his woman to make the song only about his gun.

It is about pulling the trigger dude. Just believe me.

hed
    Lil Kim is trash. A little whore. And she is the worst rapper ever.

There, that is what you get for calling Canibus a faggot.
    1. Lil Kim is a shite rapper. Sure, she's a whore. But I think I'd still like to fuck that little black bitch

2. Cannibis is a fag, he's a no talent piece of shit and him and Chino XL, can go fuck their selves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This from the person who said Chino XL is for the ladies.

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone get Leathaface's new album that came out on April 15th?

The Legends Undergroud Part 1

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He says "I love finger-fucking you, all of a sudden I'm hearing thunder when you bust a nut...."

To me, that is clearly a reference to pulling the trigger and hearing gun-shots. The sexual imagery is used merely to emphasise the point that he loves his gun so much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by hed
    1. Lil Kim is a shite rapper. Sure, she's a whore. But I think I'd still like to fuck that little black bitch

2. Cannibis is a fag, he's a no talent piece of shit and him and Chino XL, can go fuck their selves.
    I can't fault either point.

I wish I hadn't bought L'il Kim's albums, they aint really that good at all. Some songs like "The Jump Off" are quality though.

Natural Born Thriller NightShade's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by hed

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He says "I love finger-fucking you, all of a sudden I'm hearing thunder when you bust a nut...."

To me, that is clearly a reference to pulling the trigger and hearing gun-shots. The sexual imagery is used merely to emphasise the point that he loves his gun so much.
    Hell yeah, but the truth is that dude just picked the wrong line. His 'girlfriend' may be his gun, but there are still a fuck lot of sex ryhmes in there.

It still comes under my catergory ho's and kill. Only because he describes his gun with all those sexual innuendos.(sp?)

Flow
    The song is about his gun, I wouldn't say it's about sex. He just uses rhymes which would be synonymous with his "girlfriend". Also that bitch talking at the beginning of the song and after the first verse is supposed to be the gun talking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    /\This is true./\

Underground
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It still comes under my catergory ho's and kill.

Only because he describes his gun with all those sexual innuendos.(sp?)

Flow
    That's not really "hos" then is it?

Hos would be Thug N U Thug N Me, How Do U Want It, Wonda Why They Call U Bitch, etc, etc.

The song isn't about women, so I'd disagree.

I know what you're trying to say though mate, a lot of the rhymes could be re-used in songs about hos...but I stand by my statement that the song is solely about his gun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    its about his gun, but he doesnt specifically state it, just like Clipse's "Gangsta Lean" is about weed, but they act like they're talking about a girl

hed
    Here's an even better question...

Who the fuck really listens to Chino XL? Unless you're female, lol.

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by hed
    Here's an even better question...

Who the fuck really listens to Chino XL? Unless you're female, lol.
    I do. No rapper in the industry has better punchlines. FACT!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do. No rapper in the industry has better punchlines. FACT!
    OPINION!!

*cough*Big L*cough*

Killer Mike Monster

8.5/10

Very eclectic song styles.. Very much like a Southern Beanie Seigel.. With a Dungen Family twist...

hed
    Aaah, he's from the UK, hence the poor taste in rappers.

Go listen to some 3-6 Mafia, you bitch ass mothafucka.

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big L? Hmmm. Maybe. But nobody apart from him!!!

FACT!!!

Nottingham's finest
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whats wrong with 3-6?

Poor taste in rappers?

hed
    Nothing, I'm telling you to listen to them...that is if you don't already.

3-6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-6 would be nothing without their producer. I can't stand any of them rappers.

And here is the proof. Chino XL is not to be messed with. "My World". Find it. Listen to it. Then tell me Chino is for the ladies.

[Verse 1]
    Don't call it a comeback...
    I've been here for years
    I'm like a record deal from Select ending anyone's career
    But does anyone care? And did anyone dare try to prepare ya?
    I got the world hemmed up, my daddy should've named me tailor
    I'll scare ya' like I knock at the front door when the rents due
    The true, lyrical O.G., shine's inevitable
    Rhymes irrefutable digital decibels
    Louder then Busta Rhymes wardrobe, and I've been foretold
    Ain't a tough cat in your zip code, city or rural
    Will I become immortal and make you a graffiti R.I.P. mural
    Complete with artist rendering on how you used to be proving you're mortal
    Surrendering victory to Chi
    Underneath flowers and candles from your friends and family
    The walls are a reminder you should've never fucked with me
    I take it to your f-a-c-e but don't respond
    Cus I'm the big dog, the world's the fire hydrant that I piss upon

(Chorus w/ slight variations)

[Verse 2]
    360 degrees of unadulterated battle rhyme
    You must be inebriated wanting to challenge mine
    My distance is so accurate anytime laps cameras capture it
    Tearing apart time's fabric, no exaggerate
    Thirty five thousand Giga hard drives only could store half of it
    That ain't the half of it, I spit the blood of Christ on a catholic
    Lyrics specialist ain't this a bitch rip shit so effortless
    Smoke method with Method Man being chased by thirty Methodists
    Seven day adventist tempt this and try to prevent this
    So I curse like DeMotto leaving them praying/preying like the mantis
    Perform in front of Mormons 'til they banished up in piss
    Start dramas between Amish 'til they turn to Blood and Crips
    Go to war with four continents make Saddam turn protestant
    Bill Clinton's advisors like look at what your big mouth got us in
    Give the world surgery
    Resurrect Itzhak Rabin then mandate the extinction of all of Germany
    Blanket the universe in darkness for all eternity
    I'm like Vernon Jordan on the stand committing purgery
    I'll resurrect Hannibal,
    To show Italianos how African they are for thinking of us as animals
    I'll resurrect Mussolini,
    Piss in his hat and show him with all his tyranny
    Armies and gases couldn't see me
    Resurrect Idi Amin and Hitler
    Then sit around exchanging war stories to show whose mind is sicker
    And full of hatred, life ain't far cuz if it was
    Biggie would still be here and these wack rappers would be dead

(Chorus w/ slight variations)

[Verse 3]
    [I have survived] Twenty-four years of being poor
    [I have survived] My hometown claiming I wasn't raw
    [I have survived] Being shot at and stabbed while on tour
    [I have survived] Millions of niggas stealing my metaphors
    For three years, broken down that's thirty six months
    Twenty six thousand two hundred eighty hours holding a grudge
    A non-vocalist drama belonging in the theatre
    So raw I'm charging my reflection for rhyming in the mirror
    Your flows ancient, I'm past the prehistoric stages
    I flip vocal booths equipped with roll bars and cages
    Temperature rise you're feeling faint when my heat fell
    You wish for death like Lady Di wish she'd wore a seat belt
    Seek help, May Day, S.O.S. explode
    Dot dot dash... I'll beat that ass in Morse Code
    Your rhyme like down syndrome
    I make you limp home
    For sleeping on my Puerto Rican skin tone
    (Leave him alone)
    And I don't give a fuck who you get...
    I don't give a fuck if Jesus write your verses and Satan and God produced it
    I don't give a fuck if Puff signed it
    I don't give a fuck what old school rapper you getting outta retirement
    I'm on my own dick like a man in solitary confinement
    Release enough pollution to destroy the whole environment
    Chino strikes again
    Lose your hearing from my buzz
    Sell CD's? Shit, I sold water to Noah during the flood
    Last edited by QuietStorm; April 21st, 2003 at 5:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big L? Hmmm. Maybe. But nobody apart from him!!!

FACT!!!
    "Ask Beavis, I get nothing but head.."

I agree that 3-6's producing is the best thing about them.. Anyone heard Lil Whyte?? Little skinny whit dude that can rip better than any other in the Hypnotyzed Camp...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    3-6 Mafia is wack as fuck, they never put out a classic, there wack lyrics and boring production cant hold shit to anyone.

hed
    Originally posted by Kris P. Lettus
    "Ask Beavis, I get nothing but head.."

I agree that 3-6's producing is the best thing about them.. Anyone heard Lil Whyte?? Little skinny whit dude that can rip better than any other in the Hypnotyzed Camp...
    yeah, Lil Wyte's album is in STORES NOW!!

BUY IT!!

It's called " Doubt Me Now "

hed
    3-6 Mafia is wack as fuck, they never put out a classic, there wack lyrics and boring production cant hold shit to anyone.
    Just because everyone doesn't listen to the same ole mainstream MTV specials (ie 50 Cent), you shouldn't hate on others, you rifle-head punkass bitch.

HOPE
    parts known aka the itchy lot of itchy and scratchy land
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ever hear 'mystic stylez'? its a classic.....seriously. i don't even listen to southern rap but that is a classic album and one of my all time favorites.

'mystic stylez', 'live by yo rep', 'the end' and 'world domination' are all quality albums.....if you know only new triple six then you probably think they suck but their old stuff is great. lord infamous has the nicest flow on those albums.

sin six

sin six: tear the club up

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    rap sucks.

Having nestled himself quite snugly in the hub of west coast underground hip hop for the greater part of the past decade, 2001 was the year that Radioinactive finally released his long-awaited debut full-length. With a total of thirty tracks, and production handled by the likes of AntiMC, OD, Sunny, Life Rexall, and Radio himself, Pyramidi is a slick blend of Middle Eastern chords, infectious organic drums, and RI's hasty, rhyme-'til-I-run-out-of-breath delivery. The album unflappably tip-toes into uncharted territory, as Radioinactive holds hip hop by the hand and drags it through a truly unique musical landscape.
    Quickly setting the interstellar mood that carries on throughout the rest of the album, "Launch Padlock Smithereen", with its ultra-catchy chorus (think 1950's advertisement jingle), urges those that find Earth boring to "come and sign up with Outerspaceways Incorporated." After the sultry horns of "Look Within" and the pulsating rhythm of the album's title track, Radio hits us with a string of exceptional joints, the first of which is the curiously titled "Clam Chowder Day". The innocently stifling vocals of Anisa Qureshi, fused with Sunny's jazz lounge backdrop, make this laid-back ditty one of the album's standout pieces. Just as impressive is "Before The Thought," with its driving bassline thump, crackling percussion, and dwindling guitar loop. Radioinactive shines brightly over the slick production, immersing himself into the beat and proclaiming that "the bar is not closing yet, but after the drinks are poured/ problems shrink like melting ice in dissolving hearts of glass."

No doubt, the Project Blowed veteran has matured lyrically by leaps and bounds since his Log Cabin days. This fact is perhaps best witnessed on two of Pyramidi's most exceptional tracks: "Una Cosa" and "de Iruretagoyena". On the first of the two, Radio shares the stage with fellow Blowedian, Sesquipedalien. With an indelibly Ricky Ricardo-esque beat provided by OD, both emcees impress, but Radioinactive outshines his partner with lines like, "I'm the lively imagination that tortures the mind of the learned scholar/ I'm the handbag in which he keeps the instruments of orchestras and the Amazonian cures for cancer/ in the blind man's world, where the one-eyed man is king." On the aforementioned "de Iruretagoyena," the Santa Cruz native shines light upon the vibrant culture that sprang forth from his father's homeland. Having the ability to paint a portrait of an almost ethereal countryside while being able to relay the very intangibilities of such a place to his listeners is one of the reasons why Radioinactive ranks as one of the more gifted lyricists that the fresh coast has to offer.

The Sunday morning sound of "Our Souls" is subsequently followed by Pyramidi's final shining moment, "The Earl Of Nine Teas Walks With Kaleidescope Through The Streets Of Yesteryear". Along with sporting the longest song title in recent memory, this track bumps hard, courtesy of two westcoast underground trademarks: a booming bass hit and a sparse drumbeat. Radioinactive waxes, "Say hi to neither, provide maneuvers of warful soother/ in a course of cover, amidst a force of brothers and sisters/ whispers and silence, violence, defiance, compliance/ with new standards, use of a thoughtful gander and a plot meander." The album is then concluded with the whispery "Washing Broken Dishes," in which Radio thanks all those that came along with him for his first long-playing excursion.

With all that said, this is a potent album, showcasing the artist's most focused work to date. Much like nearly every other MUSH release, Pyramidi is not your standard rap fare; elaborate lyricism, spaced-out beats, and wicked splatters of creativity help paint as moody a picture as we've seen from the California emcee. However, unlike many of his label mates, Radio is still slightly shaky as far as style goes. Nearly all of his raps are delivered in a somewhat deadpan voice, similar to that of Eligh of Living Legends fame; but unlike Eligh, Radioinactive appears as if he's still yet to master his style, at times sounding as though he just settled on a single delivery for an entire verse (or an entire song), without fluctuations to add touches or emphasize key points. This can easily become tiring, and sometimes is enough to make you want to skip tracks entirely. Also, some of his writing tends to go over the listener's head, either being too abstract or esoteric for the average person to understand. Although this is the case with an awful lot of today's rappers, it is especially irritating when paired with Radioinactive's aforementioned delivery, combining to form a couple of glaring blemishes on an otherwise listenable album.

Still, not too often does a record come along that helps permeate an abyss holding one style of music apart from another; and though Pyramidi may not be one of those rare recordings, it most definitely does its share of genre bending. The cut-and-paste music making occasionally provides a brilliant backdrop for Radio's vocals, and in other instances annoying as all hell. That, along with Pyramidi's other downfalls (namely the rare changes in Radioinactive's monotone delivery and the diminutive length of some of the album's more engaging tracks) hinder its ability to join the absolute elite of other MUSH recordings. Yet and still, Pyramidi is without question one of the most sonically diverse albums to spring up from the soil of today's hip hop scene. With implementations of Middle Eastern, European, Latin, African, and American musical styles, and a soundscape blind to any particular time period, Pyramidi does its best to expand the hip hop genre by not just elaborating upon the given elements, but by fusing those elements with the aesthetics of other musical approaches. In Radioinactive's first attempt at a solo full length, the abstract lyricist strikes not only gold, but a chord within the spirit of creativity. By building upon what has come before him, he has not only reminded us of the brilliance of what past musicians had constructed, but he has also expanded the current musical landscape, however slightly, with his very own unique offering.

(cough)

...rap sucks.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I need only two words to say Rock sucks. Rock sucks.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

things suck and stuff. and stuff sucks.

everything sucks.

that was actually a review for a very good hip hop album that came out a couple of years ago. i wrote it...that review sucks.

anybody into smart people rap?

check out http://www.ugsmag.com and http://www.hiphopinfinity.com for more bad reviews that i've poo'd out. i suck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aceyalone!

Project Blowed and all that, Freestyle Fellowship! WOOP!

Aceyalones the man!

Rappers, rappers, rappers....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who else is excited for this new outkast album? the format is andre and big boi solo joints combined into a double album. Sounds hot

damn, damn, damn, James..........

HOPE
    parts known aka the itchy lot of itchy and scratchy land
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: things suck and stuff. and stuff sucks.

Originally posted by ruins
    everything sucks.

that was actually a review for a very good hip hop album that came out a couple of years ago. i wrote it...that review sucks.

anybody into smart people rap?

check out http://www.ugsmag.com and http://www.hiphopinfinity.com for more bad reviews that i've poo'd out. i suck.
    i'm a frequent visitor to hiphopinfinity.com and have read many, many of those reviews, that's where i get most of my cd's from.

and i'm into 'smart people rap'.....i guess. you didn't really clarify what you meant but i don't really like/listen to ignorant stagnant rap.

sin six

sin six:

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by hed
    Just because everyone doesn't listen to the same ole mainstream MTV specials (ie 50 Cent), you shouldn't hate on others, you rifle-head punkass bitch.
    Know your role and shut your mouth kid, I listen to a lot more then that MTV and BET bullshit, so why don't you get ya Ja Rule lovin ass on outta here.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh, um, smart people rap sucks.

nah, i was being fecetious and i figured it'd get a response. that's cool that you visit hiphopinfinity. some of the writers are good there (though, sadly, i am not one of them). i read somewhere that Penny's "The Clockforth Movement" recently sold out from the HHI store...have you picked it up yet? if not, i highly recommend it...my taste sucks, though.

Project Blowed, what's the code?

where are you guys from?

with love,
    ruins

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    300th Post!

The Streets rule