User Tag List

Page 12 of 137 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,200 of 13656

Thread: Hip Hop Discussion/Album Review Thread.

Simon
    I just downloaded this Nu Mixx 2pac album. So far what I've heard is very, very poor...every track is totally inferior to the original.

Gabriel Agbonlahor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luda's new album

It's very nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamous
    I just downloaded this Nu Mixx 2pac album. So far what I've heard is very, very poor...every track is totally inferior to the original.
    So i've heard. I've only met 5 other people (besides me) that like it and about 20 people who hate it. I think 3 tracks are better than the originals and the others are okay. The only weak ones i found are Hit 'Em Up and Heartz Of Men. All the rest are good to me.

Giving him the business. QuietStorm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strange famous, I just wanted to say that the more I listen to Sage Francis I am beginning to put him in the same class as Canibus, Aesop Rock, and KRS-One as far as my favorite MC's go.

HOPE
    parts known aka the itchy lot of itchy and scratchy land
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i know i promised a review of HOPE but i've been busy these last few days so i'm jacking one i liked off the internet. yeah, weak, i know but it'll have to do for now. i'lll try to add to it later. enjoy........

No one likes Sage Francis. At least that's how it seems sometimes. Hailed as an Internet superstar after winning a Scribble Jam championship while wearing flannel and releasing a series of incredible tour-only CDs, 2002 saw the release of his Personal Journals on Anticon's eponymous imprint. The album's emotional poignancy tapped a new vein in the hip-hop canon, valuing vulnerability over machismo facades. Now he's teamed up with longtime producer Joe Beats to develop Hope, and if the album isn't a direct response to anyone who ever dubbed him "emo," it's proof he can play as hard in either arena.

Hope shows a new Francis altogether, employing bouncy cadences, explosive deliveries and complex rhyme schemes. A vast majority of the album is dedicated to various references to older hip-hop, including that of OC, Black Sheep, Beastie Boys, Audio Two, De La Soul and A Tribe Called Quest, among others. He even drops his own crit with lines like "faker than Raekwon's stutter" and "Das EFX rocked that band-aid ten years before Nelly did!" His writing focuses on lighter subjects here, from his disdain for rambunctious children ("Disasters") to his views on commercial music ("Mainstream 307") to his eccentric nature regarding different facets of existence ("Spaceman"), making for a solid record that, in terms of both diversity and delivery, puts Personal Journals to shame.

The biggest testament to the looser nature of this album compared to his last is the inclusion of a fully developed song by his most popular alter ego. Riding a bass-heavy doorknocker with a foreign vocal sample, "Xaul Zan's Heart" is one of Sage's funniest performances, playing the role of a misogynist pseudo-pimp that claims to be "deeper than Sage Francis," "the life of the search party," and a "fairy godmother fucker," closing the song with "I am womanizer, hear me, whore." If you've doubted Francis would be capable of diversifying, this track should change your mind.

And of course, Sage is still fully capable of the emotional style he built his name on. Rapping over a swaying ambient track with lone trumpet salvos and subtle synths, "The Cure" closes the album with a tour-de-force, placing Sage in line as one of the best writers in hip-hop today: "You're not the travelling type?/ Then hide your baggage better," he tells a significant other, while the repetition of "when a boy writes off the world, it's done with sloppy, misspelled words/ If a girl writes off the world, it's done in cursive" stands as a powerful reminder to the inherent beauty of womankind. Paired with a sharp rhyme scheme ("Now I look for air pockets to pick, walk with a stick/ Start picking locks with it, opening up heart-shaped lockets with little arguments/ Tawdry trinkets start to split and contradict/ Those who say one thing but think the opposite") and a ridiculously tight flow, it stands as one of the year's most delicately and intricately written songs.

For a producer with such a low profile, Joe Beats makes an explosive splash in his first full-length effort. His chemistry with Sage Francis is apparent throughout the album, as the interplay between them on a musical and vocal level is something many producer/emcee teams still need to explore. Beats' use of beautifully raw drum programming hits like a more accessible Jel, and his mid-90s sampling style harkens back to Pete Rock and Prince Paul, or the low-end proficiency of a young Ali Shaheed Mohammed. From the floating, atmospheric keyboard of "Spaceman" to the triumphant horn-led acoustic guitar crisscross "Tolerance Level", Joe Beats easily manages to bridge the gap between forward thinking and traditionalism.

The only complaint I can come up with is that it'd have been nice to hear more of the introspective style they offer on "Come Come Now", but then, that would defeat the purpose of the album. Sage Francis and Joe Beats set out with an impressive goal-- to create the ultimate 1994 record in 2003-- and they succeed admirably, paying tribute to the past while revising it for the future. A highly valued reminder of the need for traditionalism in modern music, Hope stands strong as one of the year's best records.

sin six

sin six: "...and i don't strike a pose, i strike a poser" -damage

non-prophets 'HOPE'

'the older i get the more life makes sense, and the less i care' ...buck 65

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent seen anyone in here review the OBIE trice album or the Bubba Sparxxx album..What did u guys think of both this albums? I thought OBIE's was better than expected. BUT, honestly, that album should not be OBIE's. It should be called BEst of Shady/Aftermath because he rarely has a song by himself. He either has Em, dre, 50, gunit, d12, or someone else making the song. But still, the album has some phat songs. I didnt feel the Bubba Sparxxx album. Deliverance was cool, but the rest of the shit aint for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who are these Obie Thrice and Bubba Sparks people???

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me get this straight you know who Cannibus is and don't know who Bubba Spark and Obie Trice are?

You must be one of those people that only recognize rappers who Don't sell records.

Can-I-Sell, that's my rap name. Look for my album in 2005 kids. Its gonna be called Almost Gold.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuietStorm
    Who are these Obie Thrice and Bubba Sparks people???
    Obie Trice is Em's boy..

Bubba Sparxxx is a white rapper from the South.. Everyone was on his jock when he first came out but is shit compared to Haystack (another fat white MC from the South).. I remember him being on 106 & Park doing his first single "Dirty", and he ran outta breath during the last verse.. Someone eles rapped it for him... Haystack would destroy him..

p.s.Timerland does his beats so...

Simon
    Haystack is the man.

Oh and..uh...I think QS was taking the piss

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No room in his backpack for those type things..

p.s.I knew you'd like that..

Simon
    I've fallen in love with Mobb Deep's 'Murda Musik' in the last couple of days...immense

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris P. Lettus
    No room in his backpack for those type things..

p.s.I knew you'd like that..

Hahaha, that made me laugh really loud.

Some news...you can now preorder the 4 Horsemen album on hiphopsite.com. There is no set release date on this but the talk on this has picked up massively the last couple months and Canibus, Killah Priest, and Chino XL have all said it is coming out. No comment from Ras Kass. Chino XL will be featured on two or three tracks and I am sure Pharoahe Monch will show up on a track or two. I wish they could just kick Kurupt to the curb and put Monch or Chino in there for good but whatever. I am just happy this is finally going to see the light of day.

Down for the gitdown spanish announce table's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hopefully this album will hit stores, as I dont trust buying off the internet. Speaking of Monch, what album is "Agent Orange" supposed to be from? An upcoming release or just some mixtape stuff?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was supposed to be the first single off his new album and I am fairly certain it will still be on his next album but I still have yet to see a release date for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha, that made me laugh really loud.
    I aim to please..

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so did anyone pick up the non-prophets album?

anyone? bueller? ........bueller?

album of the year.

sin six

sin six: xaul zan will kick your ass

non-prophets 'HOPE'

'the older i get the more life makes sense, and the less i care' ...buck 65

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been broke as fuck lately..

You could gimme some tracks and I'll check em out..

Eh?? Eh??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strange famous
    so did anyone pick up the non-prophets album?

anyone? bueller? ........bueller?

album of the year.

sin six

sin six: xaul zan will kick your ass
    Of course I did. Damage, Destruction, Motherfucker say what?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sup backpackers back here with some real hip hop news none of this wack ass Sage Francis bullshit.

9th Wonder has taken Premo's spot from The Black Album, and Kanye West has produced 2 tracks "Encore" and "Lucifer". It should be bangers, Kanye West is the man right in producing.

Nas is gonna drop a new album in April, and has Lost Tapes 2 droppin on the 16th.

Beg For Mercy been pushed back to Nov 18th, and Jeffery will drop his album Nov 4th, along with the 2Pac ressurection ost featuting Eminem, Biggie, Outlawz and some other nuccas.

Anyone read the Ressurection book on Pac, I just ordered it, should be coming soon.

AEOM>LAD

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    kris p., you really couldn't go wrong with checking out any songs on the album.....but you could start with these:

damage
    xaul zan's heart
    mainstream 307
    the cure

sin six

sin six: searching for any port when i see the storm approaching

Gabriel Agbonlahor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might just have to pick up this Sage Francis effort up now I've got some cash floating around...

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Cent
    Sup backpackers back here with some real hip hop news none of this wack ass Sage Francis bullshit.

9th Wonder has taken Premo's spot from The Black Album, and Kanye West has produced 2 tracks "Encore" and "Lucifer". It should be bangers, Kanye West is the man right in producing.

Nas is gonna drop a new album in April, and has Lost Tapes 2 droppin on the 16th.

Beg For Mercy been pushed back to Nov 18th, and Jeffery will drop his album Nov 4th, along with the 2Pac ressurection ost featuting Eminem, Biggie, Outlawz and some other nuccas.

Anyone read the Ressurection book on Pac, I just ordered it, should be coming soon.

AEOM>LAD
    Try listening to Sage Francis before dismissing him as 'wack ass bullshit'...I'm sorry that we have to keep coming back to your name, but a 50 Cent fan calling Sage Francis wack is just laughable.

But whatever...you keep on bumping the newest Outlawz (...) shit, while we continue to listen to Sage 'wack ass backpack bullshit mofo fu ril' Francis.

Flow
    right

i finally got a bank card thingy that lets me buy shit online, my question is, should i?

i mean obviously i'd rather just pop down the shops n buy it, but in southend, anything i want is about 20 quid everywhere.

i've got some real bargains but everything else i want is like 16 quid and fuck that.

so, is it worth it? is it, y'know, safe? and is amazon.com the best site to use?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I order all my albums off sandboxautomatic. They have the best deals. Dunno if they ship overseas though. Kinda doubt it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh...and I am going to see Aesop Rock in Detroit on Tuesday. Everybody appreciate the genius that is Ace Rock. Even you 50 Cent.

Simon
    Flow, go to www.101cd.com ...that's the cheapest and best I've seen. I think Raw Is Jonathan found it first, so partial credit to him

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use hiphopinfinity.com for my cd's. sandboxautomatic.com usually has good deals and more free stuff but their service sucks. HHI has always been good to me and shipped stuff on time while sandbox usually dicks me around and sends me half packages missing stuff. i preordered the new atmosphere(which is fantastic, by the way) from them when it first appeared(they were giving away 'sad clown, bad dub II' as a free gift for ordering) and got it like 3 weeks after it was out...that's just bad business. and its happened more than once with them.

and QS, i saw aesop a few months ago in providence, show was cool but he didn't really put much effort into it. but if you enjoy his music like i do, its a good time.

oh, and also the new soul position(rjd2 and blueprint) '8 million stories' is fan-f#ckin-tastic. i highly suggest checking it out.

sin six

sin six: rjd2 is da man

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see that K-Os has new-found popularity in the States, and has put out a new video for the year-old "Heaven Only Knows". The song is still nice and the concept of the video is very well done.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use Amazon.ca or .com to buy my cds they tend to be cheaper for double albums, and hard to find shit like Talib Kweli and Black Starr stuff like that off the internet. I live in Canada so yeah we don't get many stores who carry them, only A and B sound and Future Shop, but thats just a few artists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talib Kweli hard to find?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck are you laughing at these fucking white stores all carry the bull shit rock and roll and metal bullshit, and don't give a fuck about rap. Sometimes they don't even get Nas thats how bad it was, some stores like A and B sound and Future Shop get them but if you go to a HMV or a Musicworld all you find are fucking white people stacking shelves with Nickleback, and ask em about a rap album and they look at you like WTF you talkin about fucking bitches.

Simon
    What the fuck are you laughing at these fucking white stores all carry the bull shit rock and roll and metal bullshit, and don't give a fuck about rap. Sometimes they don't even get Nas thats how bad it was, some stores like A and B sound and Future Shop get them but if you go to a HMV or a Musicworld all you find are fucking white people stacking shelves with Nickleback, and ask em about a rap album and they look at you like WTF you talkin about fucking bitches.
    1. Calm yourself.

2. HMV has reams of hip-hop. And it's not all mainstream either. Pretty much every album I have comes from HMV.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flow, go to www.101cd.com ...that's the cheapest and best I've seen. I think Raw Is Jonathan found it first, so partial credit to him
    I'll take that partial credit, for it was I who told RiJ when his monkey ass needed educating.

I bought Divine Design by Jeru the Damaja and Birth of a Prince by The RZA today, def feeling Divine Design, go d/l the track 'True Skillz' for a taste of what it offers, havn't really listend to the RZA yet, it sounds like its either gonna be a grower, or dissapointing.
    BLAP!

Flow
    1. Calm yourself.

2. HMV has reams of hip-hop. And it's not all mainstream either. Pretty much every album I have comes from HMV.
    Hmv does have a fair bit of hiphop down here too, but everything's about 20 quid.

cheers for the sites lads.

p.s. kinda off topic, but, anyone seen Bones the movie?

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow
    Hmv does have a fair bit of hiphop down here too, but everything's about 20 quid.
    Not really...the hard to get hold of stuff that they have to import costs about £17, everything else is £14 or under. I've not seen a £20 hip-hop CD, other than some 4CD set by some British guy, forget his name.

Flow
    "Not really..."

when was the last bloody time you went to the southend branch mate??

even so, £14 is still taking the piss a bit. especially for stuff that's been out all year. even the sale stuff (some of it) is like £11

Simon
    Haha how small is this HMV you go to?! I mean, the one near me isn't huge, but it has everything you could want...and some of the sales stuff is crazy.

Wu-Tang - Forever, Double CD (£8)
    Dr. Dre - Chronic (£4)
    Dr. Dre - 2001 (£4)
    Funk Flex - Mixtape Vol. 2 (£5)
    Funk Flex - Mixtape Vol. 3 (£5)
    Guru - Jazzmatazz Vol. 2 (£5)
    Jay Z - In My Lifetime Vol. 1 (£5)
    Jay Z - Vol. 2 (£5)
    Ludacris - Word Of Mouf (£8)

Now those are some seriously good deals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the HMV down here most of the older disks are 10.99 when the sale isnt on, imports can vary, but the standard price is like 14 quid, and there is plenty of selection naw mean?

But I wantd Keith Sweat - Keith Sweat, and they didnt fucking have it

Simon
    I have that

You know you are my lover baby, girl you got me twiiiiisted over you

Flow
    Haha how small is this HMV you go to?! I mean, the one near me isn't huge, but it has everything you could want...and some of the sales stuff is crazy.

Wu-Tang - Forever, Double CD (£8)
    Dr. Dre - Chronic (£4)
    Dr. Dre - 2001 (£4)
    Funk Flex - Mixtape Vol. 2 (£5)
    Funk Flex - Mixtape Vol. 3 (£5)
    Guru - Jazzmatazz Vol. 2 (£5)
    Jay Z - In My Lifetime Vol. 1 (£5)
    Jay Z - Vol. 2 (£5)
    Ludacris - Word Of Mouf (£8)

Now those are some seriously good deals.
    The dre ones were 4 quid, now they're about 16. i bought Volume 2 for a 5er.

Jazamatazz was in virgin for a 5er, but i dont want it... or any of those other ones

i'm mainly looking into getting stuff like Me Against the World, but the cheapest (in store) i've seen it for is about 16 quid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that

You know you are my lover baby, girl you got me twiiiiisted over you

bastid!

I've been listening to Nobody for a while like everyday, fucking love that song.

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Flow
    The dre ones were 4 quid, now they're about 16. i bought Volume 2 for a 5er.

Jazamatazz was in virgin for a 5er, but i dont want it... or any of those other ones

i'm mainly looking into getting stuff like Me Against the World, but the cheapest (in store) i've seen it for is about 16 quid
    That's really weird...maybe the sales last longer at the bigger stores or something, because the Dre albums are definitely still on sale for £4...and The Chronic has been under £6 for months...sometimes it's £5.99, sometimes £4.99 and most recently £3.99...and 2001 just recently dropped to £3.99, I gave away my old copy because I thought that album was ass, but I think at £4 I might have to pick it up just to get Still D.R.E., Forgot About Dre and What's The Difference? back into my CD collection

Jazzmatazz is a seriously nice album...not your usual hip-hop, but well worth a look if you haven't heard it. It's a grower.

Me Against The World was £7 up until recently, I was gonna get it but got Murda Muzik by Mobb Deep instead...now it's expensive again, but I really want it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You thought 2001 was ass? da fuck! u crazy.

Flow

Me Against The World was £7
    it's never been less than 17 down here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just bought (bootleg )the new Luda, Youngbloodz, and T.I...

Review later..

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by Suno
    You thought 2001 was ass? da fuck! u crazy.
    I like it more now than I did when it first came out, but I still don't think it's a great album...way too many cameos, many of which aren't much good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Boxden.com (this is an advance, the retail is coming next year)

4 Horsemen (Ras Kass / Canibus / Kurupt / Killah Priest)

Rumored to be in production all throughout 2003, the first taste of the hip-hop supercrew The Four Horsemen finally comes to fruition on this specially-priced introductory CD, featuring 9 new recordings which may or may not appear on the actual, official full-length project which has not been formally announced yet. These official artist copies are being run off independently by Killah Priest's camp here in NYC at nearby Westside Sound studio. Comming October 24th.

1. "The Horsemen"
    2. "Shaky Love"
    3. "Leather Steeds"
    4. "Fourth Windz Blow"
    5. "The 4 Horsemen Of Apocalypse"
    6. "Revelationz"
    7. "The Fourth Seal"
    8. "Cavalier"
    9. "Scrolls"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cant wait for this Horsemen album.

I traded my friend Clipse's "Lord Willin" for Wu's "The W". Definitely worth it IMO as I never listened to Lord Willin' a lot. I'm feeling GZA's verse at the end of "Conditioner"

Simon
    Quote Originally Posted by spanish announce table
    I traded my friend Clipse's "Lord Willin" for Wu's "The W". Definitely worth it IMO as I never listened to Lord Willin' a lot. I'm feeling GZA's verse at the end of "Conditioner"
    Does your friend have mental problems?! Lord Willin' is total shit, The W is great...Conditioner rules, Snoop rocks that song

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The W is great ... "Careful (Click, Click)," "Hollow Bones," "I Can't Go To Sleep" ... all great fucking tracks. RZA's approach was a little darker and more harsh than on the first two Wu albums and I think it makes the album seem almost menacing in a way. And, yeah, "Conditioner" is pretty hilarious/awesome.

Simon
    I 'I Can't Go To Sleep'...Wu-Tang plus Shaft =

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I 'I Can't Go To Sleep'...Wu-Tang plus Shaft =

Ghost Face slaughters it..

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay-Z is back first single from Black Album What More Can I Say just dropped he ripped the fucking track none of this poppy shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brief review of "The W" before I go to school (I hope this is the right order)

Chamber Music - Awesome opener to the album, with everyone spitting nicely over a dope beat (4.5/5)

Careful - Cappadonna and U-God actually sound good on this track and hold their own even though Deck and Ghost have the best verses. I like how the voices sound "unmastered" (4.5/5)

Hollow Bones - Awesome storytelling from Rae and Deck. The hook is really catchy. (4/5)

Redbull - Redman tears it up with the opening verse and Meth follows up nicely. "You little fucks. Gimme your fucking money" (4/5)

One Blood Under W - Junior Reid is MK has a voice that makes you want to listen to him. (3.8/5)

Conditioner - I dont know ODB even recorded this verse because I think he was in jail at the time. I love the hook for this song. GZA's appearance at the end is awesome. He sounds mad as hell over a dope beat, its just a shame that Deck didnt get to say much. (4/5)

The Jumpoff - Deck has the opening, and best verse, much like Triumph. I like how the beat changes for U-God and then the 2 beats blend together at the end. (5/5)

Let My Niggas Live - 3 of my favorite MC's over a dark RZA beat. Fuckin awesome. (5/5)

I Cant Go To Sleep - Nobody I know likes this song as much as I do. Ghostface and RZA rap verses with so much emotion and Chef is a nice addition. Remember in the video when the milk comes out of GFK's mouth? (5/5)

Do You Really - This is the only song not produced by RZA, but Allah Mathematics does a good job. A Streetlife cameo is always welcomed by me. (4/5)

The Monument - Busta isnt really needed, but he did a good job. I love the beat change when Raekwon spits. (3.5/5)

Gravel Pit - I like Raekwon and RZA's introductions in between verses. Surprisingly, U-God does a good job, but Ghost's flow is too much. (4.5/5)

Jah World - This could have been called I Cant Go To Sleep pt. II, but it stands out on its own. As I said before, Junior Reid is Ghost's verse is another stand out. There is a hidden track after this called "Clap" (I geuss) which should have been a seperate track. (4/5)

OVERALL - I'm glad I got rid of Clipse and instead got this album. The good rappers (ghost, Rae, Deck, GZA, MK) get a fair amount of time, while the not so good (U-God and Cappa) prove they are much better in small doses. (8.6/10)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Im supposed to be #1 on everybody list lets see what happens when I no longer exist"
    Jay-Z
    What More Can I Say

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Says the guy named 50 Cent! Ha!

But, seriously, I'm sure I'll pick up that album the day it comes out. And I'm sure it'll kick my ass.

Spanish, about "Conditioner" ... I think you were asking how ODB recorded his part. If you weren't, then ignore the following:

He just did it over the phone, someone's answering machine, actually. Just called somebody up and let 'er rip.

I'm 99% sure that's the story, at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah!!1!

I heard about a new RZA album...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's out now I think. I dunno, I never got that into the Bobby Digital stuff.

B TO THE O TO THE B TO THE B TO THE Y

Simon
    It's called Birth Of A Prince...I've heard about five tracks, all of which ruled all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard "Fast Cars" off Birth of a Prince, and it wasn't bad, but it wasn't anything spectacular either.

I was thinking that maybe ODB recorded his verse over the phone, but it didn't sound "phoney" enough, so thanks for clearing that up

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the rza album is solid, some standout tracks. its worse than the first digital album and better than the second digi album. if that gives you any indication of how good it is.

but i love rza, i could listen to him rhyme all day.

sin six

sin six: the w is..............

Flow
    I downloaded the Makaveli Nu Mixx Klazzics album earlier, a lot of the beats (imo) ain't as good as the originals, although i am feeling the All Eyez On Me remix.

It's a pretty decent listen as a whole album too, nothing special obviously as tracks alone (worse than the originals) but still good to play anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yo, sin six, you heard that new jeru shit? what you think?

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    suno, i haven't heard any new jeru. what's the name of it? some songs i should check out? help me out.

i am a big jeru fan although i didn't think 'heroes for hire' was as good as his first two albums but still good nonetheless.

sin six

sin six: come clean

Flow
    not really hiphop but meh

earlier i picked up bob marley "keep on movin", "riding high" and "soul rebel" for a fiver in a three cd pack

......and hmv redeems itself

Simon
    I had that in my hands ready to buy yesterday, then saw Aquemini and got that instead...will eventually pick it up though...for now, Legend will do, that's the best of his hits album IMO.

Flow
    aye it is, that's a tenner at the moment

this is more of the early years, the only really famous song on it is the original "Sun is shinin"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OMG what a great day...the new Ja Rule album got ripped! We can all live in peace and harmony now!!!!!1

Flow
    lol

i'll give it a listen if i can get hold of it though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by strange famous
    suno, i haven't heard any new jeru. what's the name of it? some songs i should check out? help me out.

i am a big jeru fan although i didn't think 'heroes for hire' was as good as his first two albums but still good nonetheless.

sin six

sin six: come clean
    Divine Design LP just dropped over here.

True Skillz
    Murda 1
    Da Game
    Rap Wars
    Queens
    War
    Logical

all hot tracks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't get a chance to properly listen to all the tracks off of Divine Design, but from what I heard, it was solid. Saukrates and Jeru sound eerily similar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im sorry , but, the new Rza is too fucking ill, loving it.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jay-Z first single "Change Clothes" to premier tommorow on AOL produced by the Craptunes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck off

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was able to get 'true skillz' and another song from jeru's divine design and i liked both. sounds like typical jeru. gotta give it to jeru, he's just got that way about him that makes you wanna listen. i would pick it up but i have so many good new cd's that i'm not listening to.....atmosphere, aesop rock, soul position, rza. and i'm still listening to the non-prophets cd.

sin six

sin six: too much music

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fuck off
    Why the fuck don't you fucking shut up bitch, im just giving you news about some real rappers, not these bitch ass Sage Francis junk. So pull that dick outta ya ass and calm the fuck down bitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i'm not going to say it maaaayn......

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why the fuck don't you fucking shut up bitch, im just giving you news about some real rappers, not these bitch ass Sage Francis junk. So pull that dick outta ya ass and calm the fuck down bitch.

this from a guy named 50 cent.

thank you, i'll be here all week, try the veal...........but seriously folks...

how is sage francis not a 'real rapper'? just cause he hasn't been shot 8 times or rap about the hood or blinging doesn't make you not a rapper. he's got more skills in his little toe than 50 cent or most of these other guys out there. now that is 'real'. playa.

sin six

sin six: 50 cent is gangsta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you sf.

And 50 Cent isn't quite as gangsta as everyone portrays him to be. How gangsta does one have to be to get shot 9 times? If he was really gangsta he would have shot someone 9 times and be locked up now.

HOPE
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you sf.

And 50 Cent isn't quite as gangsta as everyone portrays him to be. How gangsta does one have to be to get shot 9 times? If he was really gangsta he would have shot someone 9 times and be locked up now.
    no prob qs.

and 50 cent is so gangsta and hardcore that he's always on the cover of those teen pop magazines alongside of justin timberlake, avril lavigne and hilary duff every week. that's gangsta.

sin six

sin six: i wasn't down with the mainstream...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man. Ragging on 50 Cent never gets old.

My friends are trying their hardest to make me listen to Lil Jon, Eminem and Chingy and they get pretty offended when I tell them that they suck. I'll just stick to my Outkast and Canibus albums

Flow
    I said when Get Rich... first came out that 50 was just a watered down version of his previous albums. I like some of the album itself, but as a star he's sold right the fuck out.

remember when he said "you commercial, i'll hurt you"?

yeah, good one.

winning vma's isn't a good thing. word.

Simon
    I listened to Get Rich the other day having not listened to it properly since I first bought it when it came out...it's not as bad as I thought at that time, there are a few good tracks (Many Men, What Up Gangsta, Patiently Waiting) and the beats overall are nice...he's not the great rapper that the media inevitably build him up to me, but Get Rich Or Die Trying stands up as a decent album IMO.

Flow
    yeah i don't mind the album so much... just mainly what he does outside the studio

Simon
    Seems like a good guy to me, doesn't have the misplaced arrogance or sense of self-importance that many rappers do...every interview I've seen with him, he comes off as a humble, genuine kind of guy who's grown up alot from the kid who took shots at every big artist back in the day.

Gabriel Agbonlahor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Birth of a prince is fucking ill!!!!

Simon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont mind 50, I think his flow is nice, but I didnt like his album much.

Simon
    I reviewed the 8 Mile soundtrack yesterday on another site, may as well post it here too...
    --------------------------------------
    Lose Yourself is a great track, the best he's done since Slim Shady LP in my opinion. The beat suits the mood of the film perfectly. I'd say 9 out of 10

Love Me
    with Obie and 50 is pretty good, this is the track that really opened my eyes to the fact that both Obie and 50 have potential to be good rappers. Eminem's good on the track as well, but this is Obie's moment.7 out of 10

8 Mile
    is another nice track, the beat again works well for the film, capturing the atmosphere. More good production from Eminem, his work on this album is far better than on The Eminem Show. The drum pattern mimicing a train track is a nice touch, also. I'd give it 8 out of 10

Adrenaline Rush
    by Obie Trice is an average song, the hook can get you jumping but overall it's a pretty dull song. 6 out of 10

Places To Go
    by 50 Cent is one of the few tracks he's done that I like...the beat is unusual and works well with his flow, the hook stands out as 50's usually do...decent track. 7 out of 10

Rap Game
    with D12 has a dull beat from Eminem, but the MCs make it work...Swift and Proof in particular have distinct enough voices and good enough mic skills to warrant their own solo albums. Eminem steals the show, as you'd expect, with an anti-government verse, including one of his best lines in years..."I'm all for America, fuck the government, tell that C. Delores Tucker slut to suck a dick"...great wordplay. It's a good track, I'd say 7 out of 10

8 Miles And Runnin'
    by Jay Z has another dull beat from Eminem, the problem I think being that all his beats sound similar...the beat is essentially the same as 8 Mile, with a few minor chord changes, which IMO make it a worse beat. Jay Z is as unspectacualr as ever, but then that's a personal thing, I don't rate him. This song irritates. 5 out of 10

Spitshine
    by Xzibit blows. I love Xzibit, but he needs ot go back to the rugged beats of 40 Dayz & 40 Nights...the more polished beats of Dre and others don't suit his voice at all. He rips the track up as you'd expect, but the beat destroys this song, it's awful...incredibly irritating computerised sounds in the background. 7 out of 10 for the lyrics, 3 out of 10 for the beats...5 out of 10

Time Of Your Life
    by Macy Gray is cool. Doesn't fit with the rest of the album, obviously, but it works relative to the movie. 6 out of 10

U Wanna Be Me
    by Nas is decent. The beat isn't great, too piano-heavy without variety. Nas performs to his usual high standard though, which saves the song. 6 out of 10

Wanksta
    by 50 Cent has a nice, unusual beat, and 50 comes good with a couple of decent verses and his customary catchy hook. 7 out of 10

Wasting My Time
    by Boomkat just plain RULES. Love the atmosphere on this song, and the imperfection in Boomkat's voice adds to the greatness song. It's very similar to Xavier Naidoo's "I've Never Seen", which can only be a good thing. Another beat which is perfect for the film. 8 out of 10

R.A.K.I.M.
    by...Rakim...is mediocre. . Seriously, it's sad to see one of the true greats of hip-hop accept such poor production and allow himself to produce such average lyrics just to get a bit of recognition off the biggest hip-hop movie ever. I mean, fair play to him for trying to get back on the map, but this just weakens his legacy, and makes newer rap fans thnk he sucks. Poor beat, average lyrics...6 out of 10

That's My Nigga Fo Real
    by Young Zee is cool. Eminem's been bumping YZ for years, with little reaction. He still hasn't gotten big at all, but this song does no harm to his reputation. 6 out of 10

Battle
    by Gang Starr is brilliance. Gang Starr took 2 years out, then came back in style with this...Premo's beat is as ill as ever, and Guru just rips the track incredibly...IMO this is the best he's been since Moment Of Truth. Like he says, 'I'm a whole lot older, and a whole lot wiser'...long may it continue. 9 out of 10

Rabbit Run
    by Eminem is pretty good. Huge respect for three minutes of straight flow with no hook, which is pretty rare nowadays. The beat is another generic, samey production, but the lyrics and flow are excellent. Some of his multis in this track are amazing, showing that when he fancies it, he can still be a great MC. Finishes off the album with a 7 out of 10

Altogether, I think this album has few standout tracks, with only Lose Yourself and Battle really top-notch tracks, but even the average tracks do their job and work well with their part of the movie. I'd give it 7 out of 10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who saw half the Wu and Redman in Scary Movie 3? Wack movie, but it's high point for me was seeing these guys

College Graduate
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wasn't Mystikal in a few scenes too?

Simon
    i h8 miss tickle

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yo! I got Jehst - falling down, today and after a quick listen i already think im going deem this my favourite album of the year.

Sick ass beats, sick ass MC, Sick ass LP, Uk Raps Finest!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am still going with Immortal Technique's Revolutionary Volume 2 slightly over Bis' Rip the Jacker and Non-Prophets Hope for album of the year. Just because it so controversial and he is becoming the modern day Chuck D. And the fact that it is entirely badass from beginning to end. And it even contains a song that puts a tear to me eye.

And I am still considering Bazooka Tooth a slight disappointment. I love Ace Rock and he is still my 2nd favorite rapper but I was expecting another amazing album and I got a very weird album, even for his standards. I don't have a problem with the lyrics, never do, although he sounds more angry on this album, but the production just doesn't do it for me.

Super Fluke and 11:35 are the best tracks off of it. "Please don't feed the Bazooka Tooth, evolution super proof".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really cant stand Aesop, his flow and lyrics are incredible, he's a true poet on the MIC, but his voice and delivery, fucks me right off, cant listen to him maaaayn.

Check Jehst QS, im sure you'll feel him.

Simon
    Jehst is cool...Terra Firma is better though ...don't see how you can say Aesop Rock's voice is annoying though, he sounds almost identical to Andre 3000, to me at least...with better lyrics and flow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll check Jehst out sometime.

Aesop just has that lisp thing going on which turns some people off. Plus he is a white Jewish dude and I guess that leaves him open for some jokes.

But I just love how he says things in a way no one else could think of. Totally original. And I think the way he writes goes perfectly with his voice and flow.

And I saw him in concert last Tuesday. He is great.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jehst is cool...Terra Firma is better though ...don't see how you can say Aesop Rock's voice is annoying though, he sounds almost identical to Andre 3000, to me at least...with better lyrics and flow.

What the fuck...

Jehst is better than any MC in The Terra Firma, even though Jehst is practically in Terra Firma.

As for comparing Aesop to Andre 3000? Are you on crack?

Seriously peep Jehsts album, you wont be dissapointed, the single, Run Hard, is one heavy mother fucker of a tune.

Simon
    What the fuck...

Jehst is better than any MC in The Terra Firma, even though Jehst is practically in Terra Firma.

As for comparing Aesop to Andre 3000? Are you on crack?

Seriously peep Jehsts album, you wont be dissapointed, the single, Run Hard, is one heavy mother fucker of a tune.
    I was joking about Jehst/Terra Firma dumdum, hence the smilie...

Listen to Daylight and tell me Aesop doesn't sound like Dre.

Run Hard is a great track, they rag the shit out of it on U though

I heard an Iceberg Slim track on there earlier, Bad Boy...rap with a garage beat. nice-ish.