User Tag List

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Sopranos Thread

hed

The Sopranos Thread

Ok, let me get this straight. First James said he didn't wanna do the 5th season since he wasn't getting paid enough. Then he said ok and began making the 5th season, even though it was only supposed to originally go 4 seasons. Which would have sucked since the divorce would be the last thing I would remember from that show.

Now, the 5th season isn't going to air until January? That sucks. And now there are rumors of a 6th season to be possibly made? Why?

Discuss. Oh, and what was your favorite episode? Me, it was Pine Barrens definitely. Hey, I own the first 3 seasons on dvd, and I want the entire collecton of course. But $80 bucks for the 4th season, which was the shittiest season of all?

Oh man, what to do...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pine Barrens owned that entire series. How that episode didn't earn Sirico AND Imperioli both "best supporting actor" nominations is beyond me.

More later.

Stanley Spadowski's Clubhouse them69's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

haha, Pine Barrens was just awesome.

I think Steve Buscemi either wrote or co wrote that one, too. He is a genious.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Buscemi was the director of the episode. I don't think he wrote it.

I'm with you guys. Pine Barrens was fantastic. I've watched that episode at least four times.

The episode where Ralphie kills the whore in the parking lot of the Bing is cool too.

I don't have HBO, so I'm stuck getting the DVDs. I have the first three seasons and I'll get season four right away. I've heard mostly bad things. But I figure people only say bad things cause this show is so great that an episode thats above average is a let down.
    Last edited by Ace Rockola; September 17th, 2003 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    No the fourth series just never got going.

hed
    The whole season sucked. The horse track episodes were decent, but that's it.

The Christopher Columbus episode? Oh myGod, what were they thinking?!?!

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, when I heard about that I was pissed off. He's my favorite character.

Hollywood/Bungalow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopesfall
    Yep. They wrote one of the best characters right off the show.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And there was no real build up to it. At one point I could see a reason, but just as T and him we're becoming closer.

Fourth series was more about his actual family, and his relationship with Carmella. It's still watchable, but the weakest series. They could have done a lot more with the Adrianna/FBI story, but it just kinda tailed off.

Pine Barrens was superb (favourite dialogue is when Paulie is on the phone with Tony, and he's say's he was an interior decorator). But the first few episodes of series 1 were top notch.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking about the first couple of seasons and the one thing that was worse than
    was when Tony's mom died. I know they had no choice over it cause she really did die. But damn was she awesome. That old bat was great.

I hated that episode where they used the old clips of her.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hed
    The Christopher Columbus episode? Oh myGod, what were they thinking?!?!
    I'm not convinced that was even the worst episode, nor do I understand why we're tagging such old stuff as spoilers, but--

I've noticed that if you see a cast member doing all sorts of promotion/press for the show, they're about to die. I assume they'll be picking up the Adrianna/feds storyline next year, so I'm expecting to see Drea DeMatteo on Conan, Leno, Letterman, Kimmel and God knows what else in the period of a week.

What in the hell ever happened to the "interior decorator" from "Pine Barrens", anyway?

I think Gandolfini and Chiklis are both up for the best actor Emmy this year. Chiklis wins -- season 2 of "The Shield" was much, much better than season 4 of "The Sopranos".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the Sopranos is finished, hwo do you think it will end? I think that they might do a GoodFellas type of slaughterfest with Tony surviving...since most expect that he'd be either murdered or in prison. Even though the latter seems much more plausible. Just ideas...
    Pine Barrens is when Pauly and CHristopher were lost in the winter forest right? That is definitly the best episode. I just don't like how they never got back to the Russian guy....and I think that he may come back, and that is how Pauly will get killed. Tony said at the end of the episode to Pauly, that if he returns, it's all on Pauly, and Pauly has to deal with it by himself. This is the major way I see Pauly getting killed, and it will probably happen either this season or next season.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about that coming back to get Pauly. Did they even bring up that guy in the 4th season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think so...they just kinda left it out in the open.

Hollywood/Bungalow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that the Russian boss will ask Tony if he has permission to whack Pauly over the Pine Barrens incident. Since Tony said it was Pauly's problem, he might let it happen.

In terms of the end of the series, I think the following storylines may be revisited:

-The shrink's rapist

-Pauly with the Russian

-Furio with Carmella

I also think Junior Soprano will be killed before the last episode.

Legend
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope AJ gets killed. I hate that kid.

I was pleased to hear on Howard Stern this morning that the Sopranos took almost all the acting awards at the emmys last night. Joey Pants, Gandolfini and Falco all took one home.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to see that rapist get... now how do I say this: fucked? whacked? his? ...just the way nothing happened to him but it was so close and I became so let down after that episode.

Stanley Spadowski's Clubhouse them69's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Yeah, they kept building it and building it up, and she broke down in their session, and I was SURE she was going to tell Tony, and that the rapist was DONE. Then she slowly gathered herself, building it up more and more....."NO."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that Tony is gonna find out that Ralphie didn't burn the stable, but it was Pauly who was pissed off at Tony...and at the same time, Russian Mafia confronts Tony, and Tony gives them the order to go kill Pauly.
    Maybe not.

Hollywood/Bungalow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could happen.

I was so glad Joey Pants won that emmy. He is so talented. He praised the show and the cast during his acceptance speech, even saying how warm Gandolfini was welcoming him to the show two years ago. Why the hell did they kill Ralph? Why!

hed
    Yeah, in the 4th season teh Russian wasn't mentioned at all. He'll be back, oh yes, and Pauly Walnuts will be rubbed out, I do believe.

Oh, and I think Christopher AND Adrianna will be killed off and so will Pauly too.

Johnny Sack will also be coming back. Johnny will also be looking for some payback but who knows, maybe Tony will get to him first...

Hollywood/Bungalow
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a mass blood bath for the 5th season

hed
    I hope so, Timothy, I hope so.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't want mass bloodshed, I think the fact that when someone does get killed, it means a lot.

Like when Pussy got killed. When all of them get killed, it will take the shock factor out of it. I see Johnny Sack playing a bigger part in the next season. With Pauly stirring a lot of shit, and eventually being thrown to the Russian interior decorator by Tony.

I also wonder what will hapen if and when Furio comes back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone else shocked when they showed Furio throwing Tony into the blades, only to find out he imagined it? I thought that would've been some brass bold moves by the writers.

hed
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuncha Bunts
    I also wonder what will hapen if and when Furio comes back.
    I don't think Furio will be back though, I will be really suprised if the writers bring him back.
    Of course you never know..He could come back, kill Tony and run away with Carm, but that'd never happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Furio" has all but confirmed he'll be back on multiple talk shows in the past week or so, and he'd really almost have to be. I hate dropped plotlines, and that would be a huge one. Way too much screen time was vested into Furio and Carmela's non-relationship, and with the talk of seperation/divorce, the time couldn't be better to tie up that loose end somehow.

He may return only to die shortly thereafter, but he will return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Bump*
    They're advertising Season 5 on HBO now...just saw the preview. Looks interesting...I couldn't really tell much, but it seems like Tony had a love scene with Melfi, and it made mention of Tony being asked to kill her or something.
    Anyway, anyone else see the preview? Predictions? Guesses? Complaints?
    Discuss!
    Season starts March 7th!

The Wisco Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I HATED the trailer HBO had up on their site a couple weeks ago. But the preview of the new season that is actually airing now looks pretty awesome.

Less than two months...I can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got the Season 4 DVDs for Christmas. Aside from that being a fairly weak season, it became apparant that Gandolfini was coked up more often than not, which certainly didn't help.

Season finale, and that alone, won Edie Falco the Emmy. What an incredible performance. Imperioli was robbed, though -- the academy picked the wrong Sopranos character.

hed
    I can't wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heres a question...

Only seen series 1 and 2 on DVD so went to buy 3 and 4 online. But 3 is only available as a "digipack" What is a digipack? Whats the difference between it and the normal dvd boxset?

And It's Gonna Happen Again And Again... Has To Happen.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that on Play.
    I was confused.

Anyway, Pine Barrens is the episode I have saw the most, and the one I enjoyed the most also.
    Season 4 is like Godfather 3 in respect that it was good, but just different.
    Not what was expected from it.

Looking forward to season 5.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Steve Buscemi is going to be in this season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Steve fuckin Buscemi!'
    He's gonna play Tony's cousin who just gets out of prison, and theres a scene where everyones celebrating, and he shoots coke in front of Christopher who in turn is disgusted and feels offended or something.
    I can't wait to watch!

hed
    Awesome.

Being inspired by Samurai Pizza Cats, apparently
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never seen the show myself, but I guess this is news for y'all...

The Sopranos Hits the Movies

Hit mafia TV series The Sopranos is set to reach a thrilling climax on the big screen.

Writer and executive producer Terence Winer has excited fans by revealing his plans to bring the award-winning drama - starring James Gandolfini and Edie Falco - to an end by releasing a two hour movie.

The series will begin filming its sixth and final series next year, to be aired on television in 2006, with the finale following in theaters.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks good, the sopranos is pure quality, big or silver screen, i will allways watch, as long as it has James Gandolfini taking the helm it will rule thats for sure.
    Last edited by The Shape; September 28th, 2004 at 6:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'd be better if they just put the season finale on HBO.
    Now I gotta buy a movie ticket in addition to paying for HBO.

yawn
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i hope they actually put the last episode on to the big screen, would be something differnet and they would obviously make it really cool.

i downloaded all the episodes of season 5 off of bit torrent, the last two episodes are brilliant, i wont spoil it for the rest of my fellow brits, but damn there good.

Give me a dollar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was anyone else really disappointed with the past season (the one withe Steve Buscemi!). I dunno why, I just thought it lacked the usual edge the sopranos always seemed to have in the past.

On the big screen sounds great, except us Aussies will have to wait ages for it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think there were a few unnecessary episodes (the one with Tony's fathers girlfriend, the dream sequence, etc.) and it lacked the edge I thought it would bring.

Steve Buscemi was fucking great in it though.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the Sopranos were like every other tv show that has like close to 20 or more episodes a season instead of just 13.And yeah like everybody sais it was messed up what happened to Ralphie since his character really grew on me.But I was happy when Ritchie got whacked since I never liked that character the moment he first appeared on the show I dont know there's just something about that character that I despised about so much.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm addicted to this show now. I watched it one night on tv and I liked it. So I came on here and downloaded the first season. I watched it and after about 2-3 episodes I was hooked. I'm now in the middle of the second season.

I really like Tony and Jennifer. This show kicks alot of ass.

Give me a dollar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found it kind of hard to take Buscemi seriously after his role in Billy Madison, but thats just me.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why? It's called acting...

I'm almost done the second season, and I gotta say Christopher has really grown on me. Sure he's a loose cannon, but he's actaully a pretty nice guy. Carmella annoys me to no end. I can't stand her. The way she pushed for a letter for Meadow from her neighbor is worse than alot of stuff Tony does.

AJ is also pretty cool. Meadow pisses me off, but she's pretty cute so I'll let it slide.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, The Sopranos is quality.
    What's your favorite season?
    Mine is Season 3...I liked Jackie Jr. and I was pissed when he got killed. Plus Pine Barrens was a great episode.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just finishing up season 2. I just got into this show about a week ago. Season 3 is almost done downloading though.
    Last edited by Myles; October 1st, 2004 at 12:26 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool.

Wow one more post till 7000.

Give me a dollar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigg Mike
    Yeah, The Sopranos is quality.
    What's your favorite season?
    Mine is Season 3...I liked Jackie Jr. and I was pissed when he got killed. Plus Pine Barrens was a great episode.
    Yeah, Jackie Jr. had some good moments. Possibly best quote on the sopranos ever:

*while playing scrabble with meadow*

Jackie: "Ass, as in how bout giving me some?"

Brilliant

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought the third season dvd. 104 dollars.

That's alot of money. But I guess thats what you pay for quality. Anyway I was wondering if any of you knew when the 5th season would be out on dvd?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Myles
    I bought the third season dvd. 104 dollars.

That's alot of money. But I guess thats what you pay for quality. Anyway I was wondering if any of you knew when the 5th season would be out on dvd?
    That's just stupid. Next time go on Amazon....I bought the first 3 seasons, and I spent less then what you spent for one. Do that if you're getting the fourth.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but I'm Canadian. So it's like 70 bucks your money. But yea I'll check that out.

Edit: Amazon is just as bad anyway...

List Price: CDN$ 119.98
    Our Price: CDN$ 95.98
    You Save: CDN$ 24.00 (20%)
    The store I bought it from had it listed at 92.
    Last edited by Myles; October 4th, 2004 at 6:44 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 3 was intense. By far the best season I have watched. The episode where Pauly and Chris get lost in the woods was awesome. The whole season was great.

I was looking on ebay, and season 4 dvds are as low as 10 dollars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, but I'm Canadian. So it's like 70 bucks your money. But yea I'll check that out.

Edit: Amazon is just as bad anyway...

The store I bought it from had it listed at 92.
    I didn't buy direct from amazon....I did it off the "Buy New and Used starting from $35" Or something like that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 3 was intense. By far the best season I have watched. The episode where Pauly and Chris get lost in the woods was awesome. The whole season was great.

I was looking on ebay, and season 4 dvds are as low as 10 dollars.
    Yeah it was definitly.
    Who's your favorite chracter in the first 3 seasons that got killed off?
    Mine was Mikey Palmice. He was funny and he was a prick.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... thats a tough one. I liked Pussy's character. But Jackie Junoir is up there as well.

Tony's Mother annoyed the hell out of me, but I must admit she had a great character.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I think she died in real life during filming.
    She reminds me so much of my girlfriends mother/grandmother rolled into one.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished season 5, and all I have to say is when's season 6 start? I loved season 5. Steve Buscemi did a great job and played his character to perfection.

The one problem I had with this season was the dream. It was ok, but it went on way to long. I liked Meadows boyfriend Finn. He was the exact opposite of Jackie Jr. BTW I still haven't seen season 4... so please if you're replying don't tell me anything.

I have now watched seasons 1,2,3, and 5. I can't really pick a favorite season. 3 and 5 both kicked so much ass.

I this show... I hope season 6 comes out soon...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just finished season 5, and all I have to say is when's season 6 start? I loved season 5. Steve Buscemi did a great job and played his character to perfection.

The one problem I had with this season was the dream. It was ok, but it went on way to long. I liked Meadows boyfriend Finn. He was the exact opposite of Jackie Jr. BTW I still haven't seen season 4... so please if you're replying don't tell me anything.

I have now watched seasons 1,2,3, and 5. I can't really pick a favorite season. 3 and 5 both kicked so much ass.

I this show... I hope season 6 comes out soon...
    Season 4 isn't as bad as everyone says it is, so when you get a chance, check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 6 is apparently going to be about 10 episodes long and is due to air in 2006 some time, last I heard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 4 isn't as bad as everyone says it is, so when you get a chance, check it out.
    It's not as bad as some have said, no, but it's very definitly the worst season, not to mention the one with the least amount of noticable plot and character development, so I think he was right to watch that season last.

Though the Season 4 Finale ranks right up there as one of my favorite episodes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just haven't watched it yet because it hasn't come in the mail yet... If I had it before I got season 5, I would have definatly watched it first.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RockOverBoston
    It's not as bad as some have said, no, but it's very definitly the worst season, not to mention the one with the least amount of noticable plot and character development, so I think he was right to watch that season last.

Though the Season 4 Finale ranks right up there as one of my favorite episodes.

Season 4 may have had the least amount of pure action, but it was much better then whatever else was on television.

What do you guys think will happen in Season 6?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Season 4 arrived in the mail today. I don't think I'll sleep much tonight. WOOOO

Nice
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    palestine

The Beast From Belarus Hlebsfall's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nepal

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fourth season was good. I liked it alot. But it was a little slow. I really did love a couple of episodes though.

The fourth season wasn't as bad as everyone said it was, but it still was one of the weaker seasons. Overall I'm in love with this show. I started watching the first season again, and theres so much more you pick up on the second time around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopesfall

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any news about season 6?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any news about season 6?
    They'll begin filming in three months and season 6 will air in January 2006. Originally thought to be 10-episodes, HBO is now saying they might convince Chase into doing a 13-episode season. And yes, this will be the final season for the show.

Season 5 will be available sometime in October-November of this year on DVD.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks alot. It sucks that we have to wait that long though. But the Sopranos is quality.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, if Little Carmine doesn't take over the reigns in NY, Tony will have to. In doing this, Tony will probably end up promoting Chris in Jersey, and you know that won't sit well with Pauly.

And I know I may be wishful thinking as far as tying up loose ends from The Pine Barrens episode, but don't you think " The Russian " should come back for his revenge?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The last I heard, I thought the 6th series would air from March 2006, and not January...

Anyway, i'd love to see it run a couple more seasons, but it's pretty much accepted that it wont. It's amazing they got Gandolfini on this long for the role, as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The DVD Cover for Season 5 is up, and you can preorder at Amazon for $64.99.

You save $34.99!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That cover is sick as shit!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walking the earth The Masked Jobber's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't fuckin wait for this shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice... The more Sopranos the better.

Season 6 starts in January right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    March, IIRC.
    That or May.

Then the continuation of it begins Jan '07.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, I'm lost.

The continuation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well look at the link I posted.

Series/Season 6 will be 20 episodes long.

It will start in March/May '06 as far as I can remember, stop after 12 episodes and then pick up again for the rest of 6 in January '07.
    Kind of like how South Park does.

And yes, it should/could technically be series/season 7, but for whatever reason, it's being labelled as the second part of season/series 6.

Not too difficult to understand, surely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not too long now.
    Within the a month, in fact.
    Starts up again 12th March, for 10 episodes, 10 weeks in a row.
    No breaks in between.
    Then he have to wait til Jan '07
    (Apparently, there will be 12 this 'season' and 8 the next)

Preview for the 1st new episode... very basic...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Figure now is as good as time as any to bring this thread back to the first page.

Who's going to be watching Sunday??

I can't wait.

I can't wait to see Frank Vincent, and any bets on who's the first character to die??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First three characters to die, it seems:

"A murder, a suicide, a maiming, a fatal heart attack and a shooting -- in the first episode alone." (credit - Newsweek)

"We see dead people, too. Adrianna pops up, smoking literally and figuratively -- she's a pretty sexy ghost".

Necrophiliac journalists are interesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's the lengthier preview for the 1st episode...

Can't believe the last episode was way back in 2004. Don't know who'll get whacked first, but I think it's safe to say that a lot of characters will be killed off from now until the twentieth and final episode.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ridiculous. I've had HBO for half a year, and now that the Sopranos is coming back, we have to "be more cost effective" around the house. Looks like it's torrents for me. I think we've got a free HBO preview during the second episode though, and I'm sure the first will be OnDemand by then. So there's that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd really have thought that HBO would have run a Free Preview Weekend around the first episode.

See, when Tony and the gang were last on the screen, there was fuck-all else to watch at 9 o' clock on a Sunday night. Since then, there's some new show that's come out about a bunch of women that live on some Lane somewhere -- I don't think any of them work, though, and I guess some of them are married......think there's a term for that, but it's escaping me at the moment. Anyhow, I guess that show's become sort of popular, and it airs at the same time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First three characters to die, it seems:

"A murder, a suicide, a maiming, a fatal heart attack and a shooting -- in the first episode alone." (credit - Newsweek)

"We see dead people, too. Adrianna pops up, smoking literally and figuratively -- she's a pretty sexy ghost".

Necrophiliac journalists are interesting.
    Three in the first episode?!
    I wonder if they're all regulars.

If Christopher commits suicide I'm going to be pissed.

I'm very glad I'm off that day...hope my boss keeps me off on the upcoming Sundays...I just happened to be off each time for The Shield this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd really have thought that HBO would have run a Free Preview Weekend around the first episode.

See, when Tony and the gang were last on the screen, there was fuck-all else to watch at 9 o' clock on a Sunday night. Since then, there's some new show that's come out about a bunch of women that live on some Lane somewhere -- I don't think any of them work, though, and I guess some of them are married......think there's a term for that, but it's escaping me at the moment. Anyhow, I guess that show's become sort of popular, and it airs at the same time.
    That's going to be funny, wonder who's going to win that battle...Tony or Teri?

The wives vs. the husbands on whether to watch Housewives or Sopranos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've pretty much watched the entire season the last two months. I knew about the big deaths (Pussy, Adriana), but I was certain Christopher was going to get it when he started shooting Tony's truck and came into the Bing with the gun. I'd be pretty well pissed if Chris or Pauly was killed off anytime before the end of the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Three in the first episode?!
    I wonder if they're all regulars.
    Gonna go out on a rather long limb here and say that all three of them will be known characters, but by no means regulars.

Random predictions are Hesh's nephew (since the preview basically says so), Bennie, a/k/a Vinnie from "Doogie Howser", and the fat dude who got sucked off in the jobsite parking lot whose name escapes me on account of it's been two fucking years.

All recognizable, all disposable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's going to be funny, wonder who's going to win that battle...Tony or Teri?

The wives vs. the husbands on whether to watch Housewives or Sopranos.
    ABC's free, HBO isn't.

It's not a matter of who's gonna win a non-existant ratings war, it's just going to be curious to see what sort of an effect Desperate Housewives has on The Soprano's total viewership.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the fat dude who got sucked off in the jobsite parking lot whose name escapes me on account of it's been two fucking years
    Vito Spatafore

Just found a list of guest stars appearing in season six (credit Sopranoland.com). Guest stars for the sixth season include Jerry Adler (“In Her Shoes”), Tim Daly (“Wings”), Frankie Valli (Four Seasons lead singer), Hal Holbrook (“Men of Honor”), Ben Kingsley (“House of Sand and Fog”), Julianna Margulies (“ER”), Treach (HBO’s “First Time Felon”), Ron Leibman (“Garden State”), Elizabeth Bracco (“Analyze This”) and Lord Jamar (HBO’s “Oz”).

Ben Kingsley! Mr. Sexy Beast himself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vito Spitdatforme. That's appropriate.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i wish they'd show the thing from the beginning over here. i mean they did when it first started, but never now. and i've always found it really hard to get into not having watched it from the 1st season.

Walking the earth The Masked Jobber's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    jesus sucks they've been showing it from Episode 1 all the way through to season 5 on More4 every night at 11:30.

Just buy the boxset tho, all 5 seasons for just 120 quid. I got it last christmas

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe Tony whacks the fat gay Guido because he whacks Meadow's fiancee for not wanting to be his friend.