Page 1 of 132 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cricket

I reckon that cricket would have to be one of the best sports. Australia are the best in the world at it. My favourite players are Mark Waugh, Shane Warne, Brett Lee, and Glen McGrath.

AUSTRALIA RULE!!!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Cricket, ah what a great game.
    Pity about the game being pissed upon up at the Gabba otherwise we wuld have won.
    Except it did rain and we made a shifty declaration and nearly lost the match to NZ.

Where ya from Squizza?

Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; November 23rd, 2002 at 1:42 AM.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia may rule at cricket, but you don't half suck at Rugby!!

Firstly on Saturday, it was the union match which finished England 21-15 Australia and then on Sunday, the Aussies were tonked in the league match by the British Lions 20-12!

JASON ROBINSON IS GOD!
    PAUL SCULTHORPE IS GOD!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stick to the topic, if we wanted to speak about Rugby, this thread would be called "Rugby".
    If we wanted to talk about English Accomplishments, then im sure you could PM me about it.
    It would take under 10, 000 characters easily.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there has been plenty of Cricket talk on the boards as of late, enough to satisfy me needs!!

Anyways, yes Australia are the best cricketing nation in the world, and will continue to be so for many years to come

Jets Rule!!! that's right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    england are the best in the world at cricket, we're just letting everyone else have a go at being good.

the end.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by naked_bloke
    england are the best in the world at cricket, we're just letting everyone else have a go at being good.

the end.
    HAHAHAHAHA

well done Brennan, good to see that losing so many test matches hasn't made you lose your sense of humour

But while i'm here, quick poll: Who here plays cricket?

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by da_man
    Australia may rule at cricket, but you don't half suck at Rugby!!

Firstly on Saturday, it was the union match which finished England 21-15 Australia and then on Sunday, the Aussies were tonked in the league match by the British Lions 20-12!

JASON ROBINSON IS GOD!
    PAUL SCULTHORPE IS GOD!

Sooo... we win the World Cup, Bledisloe, Tri-Nations and Trophy-I-Can't-Remember-The-Name-Of by beating the Lions here in rugby union this year alone. We UTTERLY dominate the rugby league World Cup. And just because we get beaten in one game, we suddenly suck?
    The Australian rugby league side lost because of all this shit about tour cancellations. They hadn't played a game in over 5 weeks, you'd expect them to be a little rusty. And the Wallabies scored 2 tries to 0, remember? If you didn't have Wilkinson, you'd be royally fucked. Pun intended. That was the most chickenshit attacking performance I'd seen in a long time. Get within 22 - field goal. Get within 22 - field goal. Typical boring, Northern-hemisphere rugby attitude.

Oh, yeah and Steve Waugh very nearly screwed up completely. I knew he'd underestimated the Kiwis by delcaring too early. I would've been more comfortable if the lead had been 300-320.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Parcheesi

Oh, yeah and Steve Waugh very nearly screwed up completely. I knew he'd underestimated the Kiwis by delcaring too early. I would've been more comfortable if the lead had been 300-320.
    Who really cares? Seriously, Australia, ever since Steve Waugh took over from Taylor has played an aggressive style of Cricket. They would rather lose then draw.

I think it was very good to see Stephen Fleming first declare once they went past the score, cause he could have batted out the day to see a draw, and secondly Steve Waugh could have done the same - but they wanted an exciting game

props to both Captains as it gave us an exciting Cricket game, and not a boring fizzled out Draw

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by Black Eagle
    They would rather lose than draw.

I SERIOUSLY doubt that.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I read it in a autobiography, i think it was McGraths. But their team plan basically was about being aggressively, and that if they lost it was better then having a boring draw

and i can see the sense in that

The Parcheesi
    I read it in a autobiography, i think it was McGraths. But their team plan basically was about being aggressively, and that if they lost it was better then having a boring draw

and i can see the sense in that

I still SERIOUSLY doubt that. You can play aggressively and still draw. You can play boring and still lose.

The Parcheesi

Let me put it this way: It's the Fifth Ashes test. The series is tied 2-2 (LOL, alright, but I'm talking hypothetically). The test has been affected by rain, it's the fifth day, just before tea. Australia are batting and are 160 in front with 8 wickets to spare. Do you declare and send England in, knowing that you're risking losing the Ashes for the first time in ages, but knowing you have to take the risk to win? Or do you bat out the 2-odd hours, leaving the series tied and retaining the Ashes?

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let me put it this way: It's the Fifth Ashes test. The series is tied 2-2 (LOL, alright, but I'm talking hypothetically). The test has been affected by rain, it's the fifth day, just before tea. Australia are batting and are 160 in front with 8 wickets to spare. Do you declare and send England in, knowing that you're risking losing the Ashes for the first time in ages, but knowing you have to take the risk to win? Or do you bat out the 2-odd hours, leaving the series tied and retaining the Ashes?
    Well that is a very tough scenario. But you would have to analyse the situation and go from there. If the pitch was doing a bit, then you might back mcgrah and co to get 10 english wickets after tea. But then again, you might belive that 160 isn't big enough.

personally, with the rain affecting the ground and pitch, i would back the bowlers to rip throug the english batting line up. But most likely they will shut up shop and play out a draw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cricket, is one of my or is my favourite sports. I'm an avid Pakistan supporter. They are unbeatable when they are 100%

I don't really follow any other teams that much - I have limited circket viewing.

I welcome cricket convo though.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well because the bookies think Steve Waugh will not declare, what you do is, Put all your money on The poms winning the Match and Butcher making a century.
    The odds should be around 54/1.
    Just let them win the game and you'll have a nice wad of cash in your back pocket.

Oh and remember I'm expecting a call from Hansie pretty soon

Forza Milan!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Parcheesi:

It's a tough situation, but don't kid yourself. By the time that situation rolls around, you Poms will be watching it from your retirement homes. And as for rugby, umm... both types of rugby, Australia do rule the world- look at all the cups we have won recently. BTW, whats the difference between those two types of rugby???

AUSSIE FOR RUNNERS UP IN SOCCER WORLD CUP!!!

ITALY FIRST!!!

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by Commissioner Socko
    And as for rugby, umm... both types of rugby, Australia do rule the world- look at all the cups we have won recently. BTW, whats the difference between those two types of rugby???

Oh shit, there's heaps of differences. Two extra players on the field, different points system, different penalty system, interchange, run of play, off-side etc, etc. League is basically a faster version of Union that only gives each team 5 tackles to score a try instead of a potentially infinite number of rucks in Union. I won't go into specifics or terminology, but if you're interested you can look up rulebooks and compare. I take it you're an AFL boy?

Another few sports that Australians currently dominate: Hockey, beach volleyball, water polo and lawn bowls.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Mo
    Cricket, is one of my or is my favourite sports. I'm an avid Pakistan supporter. They are unbeatable when they are 100%

I don't really follow any other teams that much - I have limited circket viewing.

I welcome cricket convo though.
    Tell me you are kidding?

Pakistan = bribing cheats

From all reports, and they are most likely true, they have cheated their way to more victories in the past few years, then they have won it truthfully. They are all selfish players, and cannot, and will not gel together as a side.

They have classy batsmen, quality bowlers, but because they don't work well with each other - they don't rate that highly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me you are kidding?

Pakistan = bribing cheats

From all reports, and they are most likely true, they have cheated their way to more victories in the past few years, then they have won it truthfully. They are all selfish players, and cannot, and will not gel together as a side.

They have classy batsmen, quality bowlers, but because they don't work well with each other - they don't rate that highly

There's only a few cheaters I know of, the bribers are gone, IMO. Tere's too much corruption in thebackroom. They are great young players in Pakistan - I only think when the older ones are gone the new players will succeed. The talent is their:

Saeed Anwar is one of the best opening batsmen in the wolrd.
    Shahid Afridi is one of the most exciting players and a great all-rounder, Leisctershire (or some other county circket tem know this).
    Inzamam Ul-Huq, a great batsmen and can provide it when he can be bothered.
    Saqlain Mushtaq - best off spinner in the world today (bar Muraliatharan(sp)
    Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis - greatest opening bowling partnership of the ninetires arguable the best of all time and they can still do it.
    Moin khan - BOWLING BOWLING SAQY SAQY BOWLING BOWLING!!!!!

Pakistan are up their in terms of class and are one of the best natiosn cricketing wise. THere's too much corruption and cheating right now - hopefully when the older players go that'll stop.

semi-Interesting story - Andrew Caddick (england) swore to Rashid Latif and some other player in Urdu (Pakitsani language), they replied back by saying "F*ck you".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What?
    Everyone knows that India is the best at Cricket
    What?
    INDIA'S THE BEST!!!!!!

Out
    Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Commissioner Socko

AUSSIE FOR RUNNERS UP IN SOCCER WORLD CUP!!!

ITALY FIRST!!!
    Thats what I like about you Aussies, you can always make me laugh

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Naked_Bloke

When was the last time that you won the Ashes series

The last time was in 1987. a long time dont you reckon. i think that if they are taking it easy, they have been taking it easy for 14 years.

PS: Australia would kick England's ass's any day of the week

Sammo, Future of IRW
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Australia would kick anybody's ass
    they are wold champs and Mark Waugh and Ponting are my favs!!!
    England are S**T

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by squizza

Australia A could whoop England's ass any day of the week.

Al full-strength NSW side would even give them a good run for their money.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Australia A could whoop England's ass any day of the week.

Al full-strength NSW side would even give them a good run for their money.
    Well the Australian team is basically a full strength NSW side anyways, fucking biased selectors

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Melbourne side could even beat england.
    Even Junior cricketers could beat them.

Like msmsammo said England are SHIT

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Our Melbourne side could even beat england.
    Even Junior cricketers could beat them.

Like msmsammo said England are SHIT
    Don't go too far. The vics are in a rot. have been for a number of years, and until they get rid of a few players, then they won't have a chance in beating fucking antartica

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i spose. i am going a bit too far. but i reckin that qld or nsw could beat em if they had a full strength team. the vics lately probably couldn't beat antartica.

any way where are u from Black Eagle?

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah i spose. i am going a bit too far. but i reckin that qld or nsw could beat em if they had a full strength team. the vics lately probably couldn't beat antartica.

any way where are u from Black Eagle?
    I am from Melbourne, well just outside anyways

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kool im just down the road. Im from Geelong. Hey when's the next test on between Australia and New Zealand on. And when do the matches with South Africa begin.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kool im just down the road. Im from Geelong. Hey when's the next test on between Australia and New Zealand on. And when do the matches with South Africa begin.
    The next test is in Hobart starting Nov 22. And the first South Africa game starts Dec 14th.

Geelong hey. I know a few guys down there. Played Cricket against them, good quality sides from there

Forza Milan!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is anyone here from the North-West of Melbourne???

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    North-west? I have no idea on directions. Where bouts are you?

Jets Rule!!! that's right
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Naked_Bloke

When was the last time that you won the Ashes series

The last time was in 1987. a long time dont you reckon. i think that if they are taking it easy, they have been taking it easy for 14 years.

oh deary me IT WAS A JOKE YOU FUCKWIT

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by naked_bloke

oh deary me IT WAS A JOKE YOU FUCKWIT
    Well i guess he didn't see it

So take it easy on the australian!!

You mean brit you

The Parcheesi

Well the Australian team is basically a full strength NSW side anyways, fucking biased selectors

If Australia were a shit team, I'd see a valid point to that post because you'd be implying that the NSW players didn't deserve to be in the team. And yet they make up an integral part. Coincidence? No.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never said it was a bad selection, i just said it was strange how many NSW players were looked upon before others. I mean, the waugh's, mcgrath and co deserve to in the side. But how the fuck did Bracken get a guernsy?

Even McGill got many chances.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Squizza, with Melb Aussies, I'm from the South and Black Eagle is the South-East (well more East), RabidWookie was near Springvale last time I egged his house.

As for the Tests.

Australia vs New Zealand

Nov 22 - 26 Hobart
    Nov 30 - (Dec) 4 Perth

Australia vs South Africa

Dec 14 - 18 Adelaide
    Dec 26 - 30 Melbourne (We should all get together for one of the days in this test)
    Jan 2 - 6 Sydney

I'll post the One Dayers Later as they start on Jan 11th (which is still a while away)

As for NSW, there is a major Bias in NSW for test selection, the lesser known sides like WA, QLD, SA are very under-rated and should have more players, this bias started because 10 years ago NSW was the major side and had an influx of decent players, NSW is still seen as the major state as these players such as the Waugh's etc are still playing, by the next 10 years hopefully this bias will be eraidcated as the other state sides have picked up their game. Gilchrist is the beginning of this, lets just hope it can continue.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well squizza. Myself, Outlaw and Wookie are the dudes from Melbourne, well there is more but they don't post much

Anyways, NSW has always been a strong side, and has been really hard for guys to get selected. So i spose it is fair enough that the selectors choose predominately from that state

Guys like Allan Border and Adam Gilchrist moved from NSW because the side was too strong

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hey all i think i found out when the one dayers start

22/3/2002 in Johannesburg against South Africa i think

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well thats wot i think im sure if its 100% right

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw

As for NSW, there is a major Bias in NSW for test selection, the lesser known sides like WA, QLD, SA are very under-rated and should have more players, this bias started because 10 years ago NSW was the major side and had an influx of decent players, NSW is still seen as the major state as these players such as the Waugh's etc are still playing, by the next 10 years hopefully this bias will be eraidcated as the other state sides have picked up their game. Gilchrist is the beginning of this, lets just hope it can continue.

Your my hero Davey, RIP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Mo

Saeed Anwar is one of the best opening batsmen in the wolrd.

At one time he was one of the top 4 no way the best

Shahid Afridi is one of the most exciting players and a great all-rounder, Leisctershire (or some other county circket tem know this).

Yes i agree

Inzamam Ul-Huq, a great batsmen and can provide it when he can be bothered.

Fat Lazy Potato Man

Saqlain Mushtaq - best off spinner in the world today (bar Muraliatharan(sp)

One of the Best not THE best

Wasim Akram and Waqar Younis - greatest opening bowling partnership of the ninetires arguable the best of all time and they can still do it.

Not as good as Donald & Pollock

Moin khan - BOWLING BOWLING SAQY SAQY BOWLING BOWLING!!!!!

Dont forget -Mushy Mushy

Pakistan are up their in terms of class and are one of the best natiosn cricketing wise.

They are probably the 3rd best behind Oz and The mighty Protea's
    But thats what i think and i know people may not agree with me because i am a very annoying poster and i am currently trieing to correct my annoying ways

Visit my website at
    http://darude1984.tripod.com

Sammo, Future of IRW
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am from geelong to but England are just shit the North Shore Side could kick their ass.

Your my hero Davey, RIP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

South Africa Can Match it with OZ

who else here believes S Africa can match if not beat the ozzies in their test series coming up the reason i say this is because:

Very strong top order although the middle order cold be stronger

Herchelle Gibbs in sparkling form scoring back to back centuries and is currently 150 odd not out in their match against India

Shawn pollock taking ten Wickets in first test and Very capable with the bat

Kluessner batting at 8 scored a century in the first test

Possible return of "White Lightning" A.Donald

No doubt they can match them in the field

Two good allrounders ( Kallis and Pollock) free up spots to develop a good young player (Jaques Rudolph)

Warnies bunnie Cullinan will not be touring

Mcgrath not in good form with the ball

Lee can be expensive at times

Gillespie is the danger man for me, that bloke can easily rip through the top order if luck go's his way

Anyone have any thoughts on The Protea's chances in the test match series in which 3 will be played here and 3 in SA?

Visit my website at
    http://darude1984.tripod.com

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i was wrong when the one dayers start. They start on Jan 11th against New Zealand i think at the MCG

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll post the One Dayers Later as they start on Jan 11th (which is still a while away)
    Originally posted by Squizza
    They start on Jan 11th against New Zealand i think at the MCG
    It's always good to know someone's reading my posts.
    And just to add its a day-nighter.

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aussie_Outlaw i read your posts but i just forgot that you said that they were on Jan 11

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jan 2002

Fri 11 (D/N): Australia v New Zealand, Melbourne Cricket Ground
    Sun 13 (D/N): Australia v South Africa, Melbourne Cricket Ground
    Tue 15: New Zealand v South Africa, Bellerive Oval
    Thu 17 (D/N): Australia v New Zealand, Sydney Cricket Ground
    Sat 19 (D/N): New Zealand v South Africa, Brisbane Cricket Ground
    Sun 20 (D/N): Australia v South Africa, Brisbane Cricket Ground
    Tue 22 (D/N): Australia v South Africa, Sydney Cricket Ground
    Sat 26 (D/N): Australia v New Zealand, Adelaide Oval
    Sun 27 (D/N): New Zealand v South Africa, Adelaide Oval
    Tue 29 (D/N): Australia v New Zealand, Melbourne Cricket Ground

Feb 2002

Fri 1: New Zealand v South Africa, W.A.C.A.
    Sun 3: Australia v South Africa, W.A.C.A.
    Wed 6 (D/N): VB Series 1st Final, Melbourne Cricket Ground
    Fri 8 (D/N): VB Series 2nd Final, Sydney Cricket Ground
    Sun 10 (D/N): VB Series 3rd Final (if req.), Sydney Cricket Ground

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i think that these dates should be correct because i got them off the baggy green site.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering,
    did anyone else actually watch the end to the QLD vs NSW one dayer, I gotta say Mark Higgs and Steve Waugh made the defense look easy, I will say it now, Higgs is someone to watch for the future. If he shows the technique he displayed today he will go far.
    Except he has not shown any decent cricket until this point. His average (OD) at the moment is 33.68 and he should increase that in matches to come.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just wondering,
    did anyone else actually watch the end to the QLD vs NSW one dayer, I gotta say Mark Higgs and Steve Waugh made the defense look easy, I will say it now, Higgs is someone to watch for the future. If he shows the technique he displayed today he will go far.
    Except he has not shown any decent cricket until this point. His average (OD) at the moment is 33.68 and he should increase that in matches to come.
    Yeh i will agree on that David, sir.

But, the name to watch for the future, is Simon Dart

closely followed by Rhys Adams

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Vics!!

Beware of the Vics boys...
    They will be a force in the ING cup....
    And I hear their Junior ranks are pretty good too...
    They have this handy all rounder...
    And some tall bloody qucik opener....
    So beware boys...

Go Vics!!!!

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Go Vics!!

Originally posted by Aussie Ando

And I hear their Junior ranks are pretty good too...
    They have this handy all rounder...
    And some tall bloody qucik opener....
    So beware boys...

Go Vics!!!!
    I know that the vics have some good players but not all of them are performing. In some matches some of the players are playing good but some other matches their not. My favourite player from the vic team is Ian Harvey he's got the best slower ball, and he can hit the ball when he wants to. That's basically all of the time. The trouble is with some of the other players they are too inconsistent.

The Parcheesi

Re: Go Vics!!

Originally posted by Aussie Ando

Starting when, exactly?

Mark Higgs will be the next batsman to receive a baggy green. Although I guess that's due to the "biased selectors", not because he deserves it or anything.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Re: Re: Go Vics!!

Starting when, exactly?

Mark Higgs will be the next batsman to receive a baggy green. Although I guess that's due to the "biased selectors", not because he deserves it or anything.
    Thats almost as funny as reading Ando's post!! Higgs has one good game and he is suddenly put in the spotlight as a fucking gun. I admit that he is a good player, but he is still a few years of test selection.

Look at these names:

Katich
    Hussy
    Lehmann
    Blewett
    Daniel Marsh

They are all possiblities to recieve the baggy green before higgs.

[B]

I know that the vics have some good players but not all of them are performing. In some matches some of the players are playing good but some other matches their not. My favourite player from the vic team is Ian Harvey he's got the best slower ball, and he can hit the ball when he wants to. That's basically all of the time. The trouble is with some of the other players they are too inconsistent.
    Ian Harvey is the only consistent player in the squad. He has made runs all year and taken wickets in most matches.

His slower ball is one of a kind, and i'm working on the same one. Being taught by Harvey himself helps though!!!

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark higgs this, mark higgs that. he is not a god. he may of played a good innings of cricket on sunday but he hasnt performed all that well before. if i had of said does any body know mark higgs on saturday whats the bet it would of been NO! he may become a contender for a baggy green but one game doesnt get selectors going nuts just take a look at matthew elliot last year now tell me how may tonnes did he make in the pura milk cup series he made one just about every match and what does he get but his aussie contract withdrawn. mark higgs wont be the next one for sure, if he was a great bowler he might but a young batsman is highly unlikely because the selectors are looking for older more experienced players.

Sumary of Mark Higgs: One Shot Wonder

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    take a look at matthew elliot last year now tell me how may tonnes did he make in the pura milk cup series he made one just about every match and what does he get but his aussie contract withdrawn.

OK I know Matthew Elliot's family and I would have to say Matthew Elliot is the dumbest cricketer in all the Australian State Sides, he has no skills besides being able to hit a ball, he isn't a decent fielder and his articulation is very shoddy. Come to think of it he also buckled once given his chance in the Test side, also it must be remembered this was at a time when the team was depleated and once the players returned he would lose his spot.
    It's as simple as that.

Look at these names:
    Katich
    Hussy
    Lehmann
    Blewett
    Daniel Marsh
    They are all possiblities to recieve the baggy green before higgs.
    I agree that Simon Katich will be a major player in Australias future.
    I can't see much for Michael Hussy mainly because he has no name value as he plays for WA, and since his home ground is a Paceman's wicket that will go against him.
    Darren Lehmann is basically washed up, he's had his run in the sun and he didnt make the grade, if he was in any other country he's had over 100 tests to his name but basically he's over the hill at the time when the selectors will be looking for new players.
    Greg Blewett was poorly selected when he was dropped from the one day side, he deserved his place and still does. The selectors should give him another go.
    Daniel Marsh, Hmmm, I'll think about it.
    Rhys Adams- Sorry never heard of the bloke? Does he play for the Moe district side or something?
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; November 20th, 2001 at 1:25 AM.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rhys Adams- Sorry never heard of the bloke? Does he play for the Moe district side or something?

Well sir, Rhys Adams trains with the state squad!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well sir, Rhys Adams trains with the state squad!
    OK after a while searching the name "Rhys Adams" I have come to the conclusion, he doesn't exist and he never trained with any state Squad.

From what I hear from my underground sources, Rhys Adams is a player who was good, no scratch that, thought he was good but in recent times has had a major lack of form, he drinks most nights and has a major alcoholic problem, he also urinates on the stumps when he needs to go to the toilet because he is too lazy to walk back to the dressing room.

Remember its just what I've heard.

Also I think my Moe link is correct, he plays in Moccasins.

The Parcheesi

OK, time to bring this thread back to life. Sachin Tendulkar has been suspended for 1 game and fined 75% of his match earnings for ball tampering. Thoughts/comments? Steve Waugh was pretty critical, but Indian officials and commentators are saying its rediculous. In my eyes, its a pretty clear-cut case of seam-lifting. Is it time to start trimming player's nails and checking their pockets for abrasives?

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sachin Tendulkar has been suspended for 1 game and fined 75% of his match earnings for ball tampering. Thoughts/comments? Steve Waugh was pretty critical, but Indian officials and commentators are saying its rediculous. In my eyes, its a pretty clear-cut case of seam-lifting. Is it time to start trimming player's nails and checking their pockets for abrasives?
    Yes well the state that the game is in today, of course they're gonna pull up everyone they can.
    It reminds me of when Michael Atherton was fined for keeping sand in his pocket, because they saw that the sand han no affect on the ball so they fined him for keeping sand in his pocket.
    So this isn't rediculous because the board has already made a history of fining people who they think are trying to gain an unfair advantage.

The indians are just a pack of whingers. If Steve Waugh was fined, we're be crying poor also, but what do you know WE'RE NOT A PACK OF CHEATS OVER HERE.

The only thing Australia does that is considered slightly illegal is chriping (sledging) which they are trying to outlaw in this current game.

It adds to the game and adds another dimension to the game with psychological battles.

The Parcheesi

Well, the Indians were also in a fair bit of trouble for over-appealing against South Africa, which is something that really pisses me off.

I don't see anything wrong with sledging, though. It's a psychological aspect of a good, aggressive team, provided its not racist or derogatory. It has basically the same effect as putting a fielder in close to put the batsman off.

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after a while when the best keeper in aus retires (Darren Berry) a possible candidate im not saying as soon as he goes but maybe one player after the next keeper for vic my friend that i grew up and went to school with lindsay scown he plays nth melb 1's and is a great player for 17 years of age i think he could easyly go there in the up and coming years.

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look aussie outlaw i didn't know guys that couldn't field could get a catch and then get into orange classic catches. also first ive heard of dumd cunts getting captaincy in the ing cup and vice-captaincy in the pura milk cup. u dont happen to be matthew elliots family next door neighbour do ya, u sound like your chums with them.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    look aussie outlaw i didn't know guys that couldn't field could get a catch and then get into orange classic catches. also first ive heard of dumd cunts getting captaincy in the ing cup and vice-captaincy in the pura milk cup. u dont happen to be matthew elliots family next door neighbour do ya, u sound like your chums with them

OK it seems there is something you missed. Watch out this may hurt.
    Oh no its the point.

I'm chums with Matthew Elliot's family, fuck no. I hate him as a cricketer. Also as I said before

I would have to say Matthew Elliot is the dumbest cricketer in all the Australian State Sides, he has no skills besides being able to hit a ball, he isn't a decent fielder and his articulation is very shoddy. Come to think of it he also buckled once given his chance in the Test side, also it must be remembered this was at a time when the team was depleated and once the players returned he would lose his spot.
    Also I can't see how you claim Darren Berry is the best Keeper in Oz, Gilchrist is higher than him easily, because he can hold his on with the bat and berry cannot.

And I can't see your mate playing for Australia, but I won't comment further because I don't know him.

Yes I agree with Parcheesi once again, sledging should stay.

Oh and Squizza, use the caps lock button, and a grammer and spell-checker. I may not be the best writer but in time I will learn to skip your posts because they are just damn annoying to read. It also makes you look dumber (or smarter in your case) than you really are.
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; November 21st, 2001 at 6:51 AM.

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    after a while when the best keeper in aus retires (Darren Berry) a possible candidate im not saying as soon as he goes but maybe one player after the next keeper for vic my friend that i grew up and went to school with lindsay scown he plays nth melb 1's and is a great player for 17 years of age i think he could easyly go there in the up and coming years.
    Hey Aussie Outlaw cant you bloody read or something or are you just plain stupid. Darren Berry Plays for Victoria. Victoria is not Australia. Australia is a country. Victoria is a State. Also I didn't say that my friend will play for Australia i said that he might play for Victoria in the up and coming years.

The Parcheesi

Hey Aussie Outlaw cant you bloody read or something or are you just plain stupid. Darren Berry Plays for Victoria. Victoria is not Australia. Australia is a country. Victoria is a State. Also I didn't say that my friend will play for Australia i said that he might play for Victoria in the up and coming years.

Can you read? Or are you just plain stupid?
    You said, and I quote:

after a while when the best keeper in aus retires (Darren Berry)

Which is a pretty straightforward statement that Berry is the best keeper in Australia.

Horseshit.

Berry isn't fit to lick the inside of Gilchrist's box. Could you make any more of a dick of yourself without popping an artery? I'd love to see you try.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like I don't need to reply because Parcheesi has already done so on my behalf.

But anyway...
    squizza you should really remember what you have said so your dont contradict yourself again

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its now 0/182 in the Afternoon session

And Langer has just become the highest 100's scorer for WA.

just thought everyone should be informed.
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; November 21st, 2001 at 11:32 PM.

Go Home MacGill kore_terminator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn this is just becoming a fast joke - Bringing back memories when the West Indies last summer completly disgraced themselves. To think Langer and Hayden are really make shift openers, they have had three 100 run opening stands in the last three tests.

I reckon Michael Slater is really sweating in his seat about his spot in the test team.

Micky 'Bionic Yobbo' Hardkore
    The owner of the Bionic Bred DDT.....and the last RPW Online Champion
    ....Thanks to Blade for both creating and hosting this little guy....

Contact Details:

AOL IM: Bionic Yobbo
    Yahoo! Messenger : dr_hardkore
    MSN Messenger : dr_hardkore@hotmail.com
    ICQ ID: 49135149

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by kore_terminator
    Michael Slater

Who?

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who?
    He's related to Kelly Slater (the surfer) I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He's related to Kelly Slater (the surfer) I think.
    For a guy who has a decent average (around 42), who couldnt convert 9 (i think) 90's into 100's, he would be an opening batter for every other country bar the No1 in cricket today, Australia.

DAMMIT Langer just went out, for 123.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well time to return to the game

Langer went out for 123 off 153 balls.
    Caught Vettori Bowled Cairns.
    Australia now 1/223
    at 3pm.

Thats All

The Parcheesi

For a guy who has a decent average (around 42), who couldnt convert 9 (i think) 90's into 100's, he would be an opening batter for every other country bar the No1 in cricket today, Australia.

Yep, and it just goes to show how strong the team is. They can afford to have Slater out just because he has a bad spell, and now Langer has capitalised.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, and it just goes to show how strong the team is. They can afford to have Slater out just because he has a bad spell, and now Langer has capitalised.
    OK lets have another Outlaw Stats Check.

Michael Slater

42.83 in 117 innings Strike Rate of 53.29 which isnt bad in test matches

Hayden Out for 91 off 140 balls
    Caught Bond Bowled Vettori
    Australia now 2/238
    at 3:12pm

here's a description of the ball (from Baggygreen.com.au)

Vettori to Hayden, OUT: my goodness, perhaps time to starting eating one's hat - a double breakthrough for New Zealand as the other opener goes - but short of a century this time, tries to pick up another down the ground, but gets under it just a bit too much

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know what, Another Wicket (Mini Collapse)

M. Waugh Out for 12 off 16 balls
    Bowled Vettori
    Australia 3/253
    at 3:30pm (ten min till tea)

ball description:

Vettori to ME Waugh, OUT: oh boy! well blow me down and call me Murphy. Waugh comes down the track, looking to do a Hayden and loft him down the ground, but misses horrible, beautifully bowled and straight through him, beaten in flight and takes off stump.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well its tea time (3:40pm) and what can I say, we we're fine until we fell apart

3/263
    Ponting 20
    S. Waugh 0

Well if the first test was an indication up lower order should hold up well and we should be able to reach 500, well thats what I think anyway.

Anyone else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit when it's time to get excited about a good score and a possible match winning innings, we lose 3 wickets. Atleast we have Gilchrist to make a quick 50, batting at 7. Hope this match does not repeat the first test, where rain and a really generous decleration almost cost us the match

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fuck now a double

S. Waugh out for 0 off
    Bowled Bond
    Australia 4/267

Martyn out for 0 off 1
    LBW by Vettori
    Australia 5/267
    4:15pm

NO HAT TRICK THOUGH FELLAS

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Wicket

Gilchrist OUT for 39 off 50 balls
    bowled Vettori
    Australia 6/336
    5:15pm

Maybe we will fall for 400-450

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stumps Day 1

Warne and Ponting in at Stumps

BaggyGreen.Com.Au Day 1 Summary
    And it is stumps on the opening day, Australia certainly winning the points decision through an amazing run rate, held consistently all the way through their innings - 4.56 at the end of the day, the opening partnership and rearguard action - it's almost become a customary occurrence - particularly in this series so far, as has the middle order collapse, but when a team doesn't have a genuine tail to really speak of, that is cancelled out a little a 223-run opening stand had the writing on the wall for New Zealand again, scored at an even quicker rate than Brisbane, but two quick, relatively gifted wickets of both batsmen saw the start of New Zealand's fightback Vettori transformed from a struggle against the left-handed opening duo in the morning session to beguiler with control for large parts of the last two sessions and was rewarded duly - bowling Mark Waugh and Gilchrist will no doubt have given him the most satisfaction Bond bowled with spirit, if not consistency, and earned Steve Waugh's wicket fairly, even though the decision was proved questionable by slow motion replays well after the event however, the bowling effort overall was very disappointing - when bowling short, was not bowling short enough, and too often straying down the leg side (a problem helped by having two left- handers out in the middle for a long time as the Kiwis failed to adjust appropriately) the Australians capitalised in grand style, and at the end of the day they can be happy they have the foundation of a match-winning total if they push on tomorrow

-God someone teach the guy at Baggygreen.com.au to use fullstops.
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; November 22nd, 2001 at 6:05 AM.

The Parcheesi

Daniel Vettori's a little bitch.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Daniel Vettori's a little bitch.
    Someone should steal those things he calls glasses, that would really fuck him up.

The Parcheesi

Someone should steal those things he calls glasses, that would really fuck him up.

I'd like to take them off and do a Three Stooges "Curly" and poke his eyes out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we can bat on tomorrow, make around 500 runs, we can pretty much seal this test. Without that 4 eyes Vettori, the aussies would have been laughing. Ah well, i can see that the Aussie tail will stretch tomorrow, make some more runs, declare, and then hopefully bowl them out twice.

You're a dork!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No-one would care where I'm from but I'm in south-east melbourne and The_Australian_Crippler is from coffs harbour

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by candy_gal
    No-one would care where I'm from but I'm in south-east melbourne and The_Australian_Crippler is from coffs harbour
    What, how, why.

Why have you given away where I live. What is it's relevents, oh well better lock the windows tonight

*looks around nervously*

and besides how many times do I have to tell you it is spelt coughs harboor

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stalk The Australian Crippler

Anyways, the Sachin case is clear cut, he was caught tampering and he faced the consequences. There is no place in this game for cheats. He is a tremendous player, and i don't see the need to fix the seam.

With the appealing thing, the Indians do it too often. They try and intimidate the umpire into giving the wrong decision. It is a form of cheating, and it should be outlawed.
    This brings up another question i will ask you all:

Should electronic aids, assist umpires in giving LBW's?

I ask you this, because Langer was hit on the pads early on in his innings, and was given not out, but replays shown it may have hit middle and off........also Steve waugh may have been unlucky in his decision.
    In my opinion, the umpire's do a superb job. They are human, and only have a split second to make up their mind. They don't have the benefit to look at slow motion replays, and they do a good job 9 out of 10 times.

But if replays are continually shown, then the umpires will come under scrutiny and their reputations may demise. i agree that run outs should be passed to the third umpire, but thats it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stalk The Australian Crippler

Should electronic aids, assist umpires in giving LBW's?

I ask you this, because Langer was hit on the pads early on in his innings, and was given not out, but replays shown it may have hit middle and off........also Steve waugh may have been unlucky in his decision.
    In my opinion, the umpire's do a superb job. They are human, and only have a split second to make up their mind. They don't have the benefit to look at slow motion replays, and they do a good job 9 out of 10 times.

But if replays are continually shown, then the umpires will come under scrutiny and their reputations may demise. i agree that run outs should be passed to the third umpire, but thats it!

It would be the easy way of letting the third umpire decide on the numerous amout of LBW appeals, but it practically demotes the role of Unpires to holding the bowlers hats and jumpers. they should be left the responsibility, it has worked for over 200 years, let the tradition continue.

Quick score update: 7 / 488 (rain delay at the moment)
    Warne out for 70

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be the easy way of letting the third umpire decide on the numerous amout of LBW appeals, but it practically demotes the role of Unpires to holding the bowlers hats and jumpers. they should be left the responsibility, it has worked for over 200 years, let the tradition continue.

Quick score update: 7 / 488 (rain delay at the moment)
    Warne out for 70
    Why do you need umpires at all.

Here is my idea, robotic hat racks, get some good aussie scientist's to invent a robot that is shaped like a hat rack, the bowlers can just simply leave their hats and jumpers on the machine.

Install censors on the creases and have plenty of camera;s installed around the place and the robots can do all the work, count how many balls have been bowled, check for no-balls, measure wether a ball is exacly a wide, ajudicate run outs and even judge caught behinds and LBW. Install an arm into the robot so it can wave a four, or raise the infamous finger and really what more could you want, of course it might drop the hats, but really that is a small price to pay.

Of course my idea might remove a bit of the fun from the game, if an umpire makes a mistake against your team you have the right to say that umpire was blind, if someone said to you that the umpire stuffed up for the team he follows you have the right to say read about it in the morning's paper.

Umpires and their mistakes are a part of the game

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Australian Crippler

Why do you need umpires at all.

Here is my idea, robotic hat racks, get some good aussie scientist's to invent a robot that is shaped like a hat rack, the bowlers can just simply leave their hats and jumpers on the machine.

Install censors on the creases and have plenty of camera;s installed around the place and the robots can do all the work, count how many balls have been bowled, check for no-balls, measure wether a ball is exacly a wide, ajudicate run outs and even judge caught behinds and LBW. Install an arm into the robot so it can wave a four, or raise the infamous finger and really what more could you want, of course it might drop the hats, but really that is a small price to pay.

Of course my idea might remove a bit of the fun from the game, if an umpire makes a mistake against your team you have the right to say that umpire was blind, if someone said to you that the umpire stuffed up for the team he follows you have the right to say read about it in the morning's paper.

Umpires and their mistakes are a part of the game
    Well said Pauly. Seriously, it is stupid to critisise umpires. It is easy to make a decision when you are watching a slow motion replay on a big screen from the sidelines. But when you are out in the middle, pressure all around and you must make a decision, it isn't all that easy

I like the Robot idea, but if the batteries die: What happens?
    Also, could you program the robot to tell when to go of for lunch?

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Robotic Umpires, they'd have to be waterproof.

Personally I have the best system.
    There will be no umpires, no ACB, no ICC.
    The players will work on an honor system, where they look at their leg and judge themselves in or out.
    Like Schoolyard Cricket
    6's will be out and if Bowlers go out first ball they're not out.
    Batters with averages over 50 can be caugh one hand, one bounce.

And Hansie Cronje will automatically be reinstated as "Cheif Cricketing Financial Engineer".

The Perfect Plan has just been unraveled by yours truely.
    Please dont plagurize.

CricketCentral.tk
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rain delayed play once again but good news. Play has started again. Go Ricky Ponting and Brett Lee.

Rahjass? What's that?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was in that situation, I would put Engalnd in, because we all know that they are bunnies to the Australian bowling attack.

Rahjass? What's that?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, did anybody see the rankings for the top 10 current cricketers? How many blowjobs did Andy Flower give to get ranked no. 1? Australia had 3 batsmen in the top 10 & 2 bowlers in the top 10. What are the odds of another undefeated Summer? (Well we can't even last years performance coz we got screwed by the rain)

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by Y2C
    Hey, did anybody see the rankings for the top 10 current cricketers? How many blowjobs did Andy Flower give to get ranked no. 1? Australia had 3 batsmen in the top 10 & 2 bowlers in the top 10.

If you've ever gone and seen Andy Flower play like I have, you'd understand why. He's a phenomenally talented player with an average of 56+ and a great ambassador for his country, since he's played every single match since Zimbabwe established a national team.

I was happy with the rankings, particularly with Gilchrist getting the recognition he deserves. It shows an inherent weakness in the Australian top/middle order, though.

Australia 8dec/558, Ponting 157no.

Rahjass? What's that?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It just caught me by surprise that he was on the list, because of the fact that he plays for such a low-profile cricketing nation. I wonder if his average would be up there if Zimbabwe played Australia more often in Test matches.