User Tag List

Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by Black Eagle

On other pressing matters: Victoria. What the fuck is going on? All out for 139 in the first dig and are 0/38 chasing Tassie's first innings total of over 500 odd!

Where do they go from here?

Need to delist players, inject new blood into the side?

ideas?
    Bevan.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Parcheesi

Bevan.
    Victoria want to improve, not decrease in talent soo much that it disovles into another district side

The Parcheesi
    Victoria want to improve, not decrease in talent soo much that it disovles into another district side
    As if NSW would release the greatest player in the world anyway. Keep dreaming.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As if NSW would release the greatest player in the world anyway. Keep dreaming.
    HAHAHHAHAHAHA

ohhh bennyboy, you make me laugh

Bevan is a dud, simple as that

The Parcheesi

HAHAHHAHAHAHA

ohhh bennyboy, you make me laugh

Bevan is a dud, simple as that

Do I detect a note of envy? Come out of the closet, Rhys. You're a NSW fanatic at heart.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do I detect a note of envy? Come out of the closet, Rhys. You're a NSW fanatic at heart.
    No, never have been and never will be. Victoria at heart buddy. Even though they are going through a rough patch at the moment, they will come out of it stronger and more defiant and the shield will come back down here in not too long

Go Home MacGill kore_terminator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No not because Victoria suck, because I like most others are devistated at Warnie's missed 100. That guy who got the catch, Richardson I believe, better be the recipient of a hell of alot of bouncers tomorrow morning when he goes out to bat.

Even so, Warnie pretty much saved Australia from following on, which now the match seems destined to a tame draw, unless the captains repeat the situation of the first test where we had a great finish to a rain interupted test.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by kore_terminator

No not because Victoria suck, because I like most others are devistated at Warnie's missed 100. That guy who got the catch, Richardson I believe, better be the recipient of a hell of alot of bouncers tomorrow morning when he goes out to bat.

Even so, Warnie pretty much saved Australia from following on, which now the match seems destined to a tame draw, unless the captains repeat the situation of the first test where we had a great finish to a rain interupted test.
    I belive that New Zealand will leave Australia a little over 300 to get in the last day. You never know, we could see a suprise result by either side. If Australia get a few early wickets, and cease the run scoring, then they have a chance of over taking the kiwi's and taking out the series

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I belive that New Zealand will leave Australia a little over 300 to get in the last day. You never know, we could see a suprise result by either side. If Australia get a few early wickets, and cease the run scoring, then they have a chance of over taking the kiwi's and taking out the series

Currently Australia is about 190 runs behind the kiwis. With two days left to play, I cant see Australia win, unless we get a heap of wickets tomorrow. I believe that we will have the same situation that we faced 2 years ago at Hobart - 365 runs to get, 1 and a half days to get it.

The one chance they have to beat Australia is to gain a lead of 400, and try to bowl the Aussies in one day. If it wasnt for Warnie, we would be batting again, and facing a defeat by the Kiwis. It makes me sick just thinking about it.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's crap when you think that New Zealand can walk out of the perth test with the trans tasman trophy after dominating maybe 5 days, where Australia was clearly the better side in the first two tests.

I don't think the kiwi bowlers are good enough to dismiss the aussies in under a day with pressure right on them. Sure we would have to bat all day and make runs, but they would need to bowl tightly or australia might make another escape like in Hobart!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I posted this on page 7, just prior to the commencement of the 3rd Test:

Although, one small screwup (like an entire days play) may see Australia lose the test, and the series.
    Did our bowling on the second day, ultimatly cost us a win? I was almost throwing the meat pie I was eating at the TV that day. One day and it cost us. The series will be decided on what happens tomorrow, and after the shallacking (if that is a word) that our bowlers got in the first innings, Ive got a feeling that the Aussies will be on the attack from the word GO.

With the South Africans coming soon after the conclusion of the third test, the big news is that 'White Lightning' Allen Donald may not be fit for the first test. If this is true, the Australian openers can be gratefull that they can be spared a beating.

The Parcheesi
    New Zealand Player of the Series: Mr Precipitation.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Fellas it seems you don't pay much attention to World Cricket, just the local tours. Let me explain,

There is a major suspicion that Jagmohan Dalmiya (Indian Cricket Board) wants to convert cricket into a series of ome-day internationals to be televised world-wide. His links with major Asian television networks and the profits those generate from international networking is well known (not to you guys it seems).
    While Australia and England, in particular want to promote tests, Asian countries have all bit abandoned the five-day contests to concerntrate on limited over games.
    Dalmiya is slowly splitting away from the ICC and taking alot of Asian playing countries with him (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Pakistan).
    Hi goal is to use these teams in the one-day internationals and create a windfall of hundreds of millions of dollars or perhaps billions.
    The only way to achieve his goal os to break from the inderpendant television contracts with the International Cricket Council.

So far Dalmiya has used his influence to force the scheduled third test against South Africa to be played outside the ICC rules.
    His actions which threatened South Africa with the loss of $2.5 million in TV rights if the match did not proceed gained poitical intervention from the South African government, which has considerable trade dealings with India.
    The result was that the Match Referee Mike Denness was replaced by South African Denis Lindsay.

Dalmiya refused to accet the decisions handed down by Denness from the previous test that 6 Indian players were to be penilised for various misdemeanours.
    The fact that one of the culprits, Virender Selwag, who as suspended for excessive appealing who was reported by two umpires and then suspended by Denness seemingly was not a consideration.
    One of the umpires was South African and the other was from Zimbabwe, yet Dalmyia raisedinnuendo of racial discrimination all of which was directed at Denness.

A test cannot be staged without the ICC approved, inderpendant umpire and the ICC apointed, inderpendant match-referee. The removal of Denness as match referee ensured the third match in the series no longer had test status. The smokescreen of enlisting an ICC referee, Lindsay was irrelevant. He was not inderpendant, being a South African.

The only problem is now England have said that they will pull out of their current series in India which would create a massive hole in the financial side of the Indian Board. If Selwag does play England won't tour. If selway doesn't play Indian would have fallen to the ICC.

He's at a cross-road and doesn't know what to do.

His major option is to drop out of ICC juristiction and take alot of the Asian countries with him.
    Create an Asian tournament which throws the world cup (South Africa 2003 and West Indies 2007) into disarray.

We'll just have to wait and watch who jumps next.

Well is that enough for you guys?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In response to Aussie_Outlaw, the game of cricket has essentially turned into a big money grabber for countries willing to put the dollar in front of tradition, and the ICC. Essentially, the asian countries would rather play a huge set of one dayers. The ICC MUST put the foot down if they are to keep this issue down pat. The threat is real if Damilya does get the approval from all the neighbouring teams to break away.

I doubt that this threat will go all the way. Even though the money that would be made would be greater than it would be in the ICC, the traditionalists of the game would be up in arms over a split in the world of cricket.

SCORE UPDATE:
    NEw Zealand 2nd Innings 1 for 77, lead of 260
    Vincent out for 54 caught M Waugh Bowled Lee

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The threat is real if Damilya does get the approval from all the neighbouring teams to break away.

I doubt that this threat will go all the way. Even though the money that would be made would be greater than it would be in the ICC, the traditionalists of the game would be up in arms over a split in the world of cricket.
    Lets have a look, he has the backing of:
    Bangladesh (India funds them heavily)
    Sri Lanka (Their geographic location)
    South Africa (Strong ties and the fact they're not in flavour with the ICC)
    Zimbabwe (Strong links with India)
    Kenya (Strong links with India)

Thats 6 of the 11 ICC countries.

Only Australia, New Zealand and England are pure ICC Countries.

West Indies and Pakistan are too quiet and shifty to know what they're going to do.
    So the thread is is real.

Also what must be remembered is Dalmiya's run at ICC head (1996), he ruled with autocraticly and only foufn himself in power after swaying South Africa and Pakistan away from the Australian candidate, so he has alot of power and influence.
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; December 3rd, 2001 at 12:14 AM.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Upset about warne being dismissed for 99
    who was i for one founf it just so highly comical.
    It couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke
    well down Warne you moron first last and only chance to reach 100 and you fucked it royal.
    And also hearing about that more Mundine getting KOed
    i heard they did a brain scan on the loud mouth i wonder did they find one
    Retire and stop making yourself look foolish Mundine
    the first decent boxer he came up against and he got whipped

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by IamtheWalrus
    Upset about warne being dismissed for 99
    who was i for one founf it just so highly comical.
    It couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke
    well down Warne you moron first last and only chance to reach 100 and you fucked it royal.
    And also hearing about that more Mundine getting KOed
    i heard they did a brain scan on the loud mouth i wonder did they find one
    Retire and stop making yourself look foolish Mundine
    the first decent boxer he came up against and he got whipped
    As for Warne, Since McGrath had just walked to the wicket and because Warne likes to be in control he saw he had to have a shot or he wouldn't reach 100, he felt what he did is right. He did fuck it up but he thought he would have had less chance if he had not had a shot.

Also Mundine never played cricket but he did lose, it was about time for a loss, he'll bounce back but Walrus, when you want to contribute something half-decent then come bacl

1/88
    Lead by 271
    With 6 Sessions to Go
    Lunchtime 3:30pm (EDST)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw

Lets have a look, he has the backing of:
    Bangladesh (India funds them heavily)
    Sri Lanka (Their geographic location)
    South Africa (Strong ties and the fact they're not in flavour with the ICC)
    Zimbabwe (Strong links with India)
    Kenya (Strong links with India)

Thats 6 of the 11 ICC countries.

Only Australia, New Zealand and England are pure ICC Countries.

West Indies and Pakistan are too quiet and shifty to know what they're going to do.
    So the thread is is real.

Also what must be remembered is Dalmiya's run at ICC head (1996), he ruled with autocraticly and only foufn himself in power after swaying South Africa and Pakistan away from the Australian candidate, so he has alot of power and influence.
    Your right, in that this threat is real. It will be a tragedy if the cricket world is split on the basis that India did not get their own way with the ICC and that the countries that follow them are because of the location and the fact that they are almost blackmailed through the funds that are recieved from India, or that they share strong links.

The fact that South Africa (2003) and the West Indies (2007) hold the world cup at these respective years, must come into calculations. These bring an extraordinary amount of money in, and a ICC split will see these potential dollars go bye bye. Alas, a split will allow India to hold constant money grabbing one day torneys every so often, just to bring in the $$$$.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On other pressing matters: Victoria. What the fuck is going on? All out for 139 in the first dig and are 0/38 chasing Tassie's first innings total of over 500 odd!
    Where do they go from here?
    Need to delist players, inject new blood into the side?
    ideas?
    Don't feel bad for Victoria Rhys they've never won a match at Belrieve against Tasmania and haven't even won a match in Hobart since 1980/81.

So it's not really our fault, we're just crap down there.
    (And Everywhere else)
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; December 3rd, 2001 at 1:01 AM.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your right, in that this threat is real. It will be a tragedy if the cricket world is split on the basis that India did not get their own way with the ICC and that the countries that follow them are because of the location and the fact that they are almost blackmailed through the funds that are recieved from India, or that they share strong links.

The fact that South Africa (2003) and the West Indies (2007) hold the world cup at these respective years, must come into calculations. These bring an extraordinary amount of money in, and a ICC split will see these potential dollars go bye bye. Alas, a split will allow India to hold constant money grabbing one day torneys every so often, just to bring in the $$$$.
    Yes that was the major problem with those two counties holding the next two World Cups, the ICC will have no major source of revenue which would lead to their downfall.

Also its good to see I've dragged you to my way of thinking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes that was the major problem with those two counties holding the next two World Cups, the ICC will have no major source of revenue which would lead to their downfall.

Also its good to see I've dragged you to my way of thinking.
    I think its time to debut some color into my posts.

EDIT Then again, indigo really is a bad color.

Once the game of cricket was tarnished by the bribary alligations last decade we have seen the game go downhill, all for the $$$. Every team has been hit with alligations and teams such as India and South Africa have been right in the middle of it.

The ICC cannot govern teams if their piorities are with money, and not the best interests of the game.

Score Update 1/90, Sinclair 5*, Richardson 30*

Damn

Make that 2/90, Sinclar 5*, Richardson 30 Run Out

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another Wicket
    Richardson out for 30 off 99 balls
    Runout (S. Waugh)
    2/90
    4:25pm
    Lead by 273

The Australians have slowed the play down and forced the wicket with shoddy running by the New Zealanders.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once the game of cricket was tarnished by the bribary alligations last decade we have seen the game go downhill, all for the $$$. Every team has been hit with alligations and teams such as India and South Africa have been right in the middle of it.
    The ICC cannot govern teams if their priorities are with money, and not the best interests of the game.
    If you really wanted to pinpoint a time when cricket first became commerical and started to be for the money, try the time back in 1977 when Kerry Packer, revolutionized the game by introducing One-Day cricket.
    In an attempt to make the game more fan-friendly he may have caused the game in a decline, we are now feeling the effects of One-Day cricket and its popularity.

Also its not the teams, the teams wish to play for the game but the board and management, with the greedy fat-cats who run the game are the people who want the money not the players.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what do you know, amount of replies in this thread
    tWooo Hundred and tWenTIE TWooooo.

Richie would be proud.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you really wanted to pinpoint a time when cricket first became commerical and started to be for the money, try the time back in 1977 when Kerry Packer, revolutionized the game by introducing One-Day cricket.
    In an attempt to make the game more fan-friendly he may have caused the game in a decline, we are now feeling the effects of One-Day cricket and its popularity.

Also its not the teams, the teams wish to play for the game but the board and management, with the greedy fat-cats who run the game are the people who want the money not the players.
    OK i think ive found a good color.

I was going to refer to Packer's involvement, but the popularity of the One Dayers wouldnt mean anything if they were not going to bring in a profit. The fact that they are a quick way of bringing in a buck for the 'fat-cats' of the game is the primary reason to exploit it. The commercialisation of the game back 25 years ago ruffled feathers then, but not at the extent that Daliyma is today.

Out of the teams that are on India's side, the majority are teams that were accepted by the ICC to be given test/one day status 5, 10 15 years ago. Without the invatation, these teams would still be kicking the bucket trying to get in the cricket world.

Wicket Update (go you aussies)
    Sinclair 29 caught Gilchrist, Bowled McGrath
    Last edited by kore_terminator; December 3rd, 2001 at 2:00 AM.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Out of the teams that are on India's side, the majority are teams that were accepted by the ICC to be given test/one day status 5, 10 15 years ago. Without the invatation, these teams would still be kicking the bucket trying to get in the cricket world.
    Well Australia helped Zimbabwe and South Africa both gain test status 10 years ago.

The only problem was this when (as I said above) Dalmiya ran for ICC President, supposedly The Australian Candidate had support from Zimbabwe and South Africa, however Dalmiya swung those candidates with his stand that an Asian president was needed. Dalmiya won, and look at the state the game is in today.

We also help fund alot of the West Indian ventures. Which would lead us to believe they'll side with us, if the sides are ever drawn up.

Pakistan has been a test side for a long time as well as Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Kenya are sides which have just started and have no history with the ICC so why not join the Asian revolution.

I had something else to say but I've forgotten it now, When I remember it, I'll write it.

The Parcheesi
    OK Fellas it seems you don't pay much attention to World Cricket, just the local tours. Let me explain,

There is a major suspicion that Jagmohan Dalmiya (Indian Cricket Board) wants to convert cricket into a series of ome-day internationals to be televised world-wide. His links with major Asian television networks and the profits those generate from international networking is well known (not to you guys it seems).
    While Australia and England, in particular want to promote tests, Asian countries have all bit abandoned the five-day contests to concerntrate on limited over games.
    Dalmiya is slowly splitting away from the ICC and taking alot of Asian playing countries with him (Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Kenya, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Pakistan).
    Hi goal is to use these teams in the one-day internationals and create a windfall of hundreds of millions of dollars or perhaps billions.
    The only way to achieve his goal os to break from the inderpendant television contracts with the International Cricket Council.

So far Dalmiya has used his influence to force the scheduled third test against South Africa to be played outside the ICC rules.
    His actions which threatened South Africa with the loss of $2.5 million in TV rights if the match did not proceed gained poitical intervention from the South African government, which has considerable trade dealings with India.
    The result was that the Match Referee Mike Denness was replaced by South African Denis Lindsay.

Dalmiya refused to accet the decisions handed down by Denness from the previous test that 6 Indian players were to be penilised for various misdemeanours.
    The fact that one of the culprits, Virender Selwag, who as suspended for excessive appealing who was reported by two umpires and then suspended by Denness seemingly was not a consideration.
    One of the umpires was South African and the other was from Zimbabwe, yet Dalmyia raisedinnuendo of racial discrimination all of which was directed at Denness.

A test cannot be staged without the ICC approved, inderpendant umpire and the ICC apointed, inderpendant match-referee. The removal of Denness as match referee ensured the third match in the series no longer had test status. The smokescreen of enlisting an ICC referee, Lindsay was irrelevant. He was not inderpendant, being a South African.

The only problem is now England have said that they will pull out of their current series in India which would create a massive hole in the financial side of the Indian Board. If Selwag does play England won't tour. If selway doesn't play Indian would have fallen to the ICC.

He's at a cross-road and doesn't know what to do.

His major option is to drop out of ICC juristiction and take alot of the Asian countries with him.
    Create an Asian tournament which throws the world cup (South Africa 2003 and West Indies 2007) into disarray.

We'll just have to wait and watch who jumps next.

Well is that enough for you guys?
    And all that proves me wrong how exactly?

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Parcheesi from yesterday

The Indian cricket team have an ego problem. It's true, they are gods in their own country, and it's clearly gone to their heads. Muralitharan, Tendulkar, et al think they're all above the ICC? Well, I guess they just got a reality check. Whinging bastards.
    As I said its not the team its the board. I just gave the major culprit and what he's been doin. Also last time I checked Muralitharan plays for Sri Lanka.

Another Wicket
    Flemming bowled Warne for 4
    4/151

The Parcheesi
    As I said its not the team its the board. I just gave the major culprit and what he's been doin.
    Ah, of course. It was the board, not the players, who overappealed, charged the umpire and tampered with the ball which lead to the whole fiasco in the first place.
    Also last time I checked Muralitharan plays for Sri Lanka.
    2 pages back.

GWP.

Get With Programme.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After a shite day for cricket, i got home tired and hungry, sat down in front of the tv and saw that australia is in probably the worst position it's been in for a number of years.

At this point in time, New Zealand lead by 439 runs with 2 wickets in hand, with another 20 odd overs left to be bowled tonight. I see a declaration with about 15 overs to be bowled tonight, which leaves Australia about 450 runs to get in a day.

If they somehow get out of jail, they will record history as the largest 4th innings total!

I don't see Australia doing it. They made 369 and defeated pakistan in Hobart last year, but they won't do it twice. They will of course be aggressive, but the total will just be too much for them

I'm guessing that we will play for a tame draw and end up something around 290 for 4

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *pom invades the Aussie thread*

Ahhh...what a glorious day! The Aussies are struggling along in their test while England's top order and cruising comfortably against the Indians.

TRESCOTHICK IS GOD!

1, 2, 3, 4....Happy Days!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm watching the cricket at the moment, and I have got this ugly feeling that Australia is going to either go to a tame draw or they will get bowled tomorrow. In the little time they have tonight, they need to soften up this Kiwi attack, so as they can attempt to get the 440 or so that is required tomorrow.

It would take a miricle for Australia to get the runs. If they do, it should be considered the greatest 4th innings in the history of the great game. Although, at 1/41, i just can't see it happening, especially if Vettori repeats his form from his first innings effort.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by da_man

Ahhh...what a glorious day! The Aussies are struggling along in their test while England's top order and cruising comfortably against the Indians.

TRESCOTHICK IS GOD!

Damn, and i thought that this thread was invite only

Finally. A bright day in the England cricket sides history. They finally have something to talk about. No not their performance against India. But the form of the aussies!!!!

I doubt it very much that australia will get bowled out tommorow. Though Vettori is bowling well as of late. But surely, they can survive the 105 overs needed to get a draw

But on the other side of the scale, they need 440 of 105 overs. Gettable where i stand

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn, and i thought that this thread was invite only

Finally. A bright day in the England cricket sides history. They finally have something to talk about. No not their performance against India. But the form of the aussies!!!!

I doubt it very much that australia will get bowled out tommorow. Though Vettori is bowling well as of late. But surely, they can survive the 105 overs needed to get a draw

But on the other side of the scale, they need 440 of 105 overs. Gettable where i stand

Currently it stands that Australia is at 2/52 (Ponting out for 26, Bowled Cairns) and we are struggling. It may not come down ot he amount of runs requried, it will be down to survival.

And about England, its the first time ive heard them speak since they last beat Australia for the ashes, all the way back in 1985-1986 . Maybe they have offered the Indians money to throw the test?

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently it stands that Australia is at 2/52 (Ponting out for 26, Bowled Cairns) and we are struggling. It may not come down ot he amount of runs requried, it will be down to survival.

And about England, its the first time ive heard them speak since they last beat Australia for the ashes, all the way back in 1985-1986 . Maybe they have offered the Indians money to throw the test?
    Australia are still in a good position. They are a attacking side and won't die wondering. They will have a go at the total to see how they fare. New Zealand have dominated and have the upper hand
    but we will have to wait until tommorow

Wouldn't be suprised either if England did offer bribes, seeing as though both countries have been pinged for that!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah, of course. It was the board, not the players, who overappealed, charged the umpire and tampered with the ball which lead to the whole fiasco in the first place.
    Parcheesi, sure the players carried out those offences, but thats not the issue that was being raised.

What I talk about has been planned for a while and all that test did was to give Dalmiya a platform to begin his attack. The fiasco is at board level the players don't just turn up to the ground on the first day of a test and think yeah I'll have a game today. They have boards to do these things, the players just play. If they're told to play they will.
    Dalmiya threw the umpire out not the players.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TRESCOTHICK IS GOD!

As I've been saying India has alot of troubles at the moment, so I wouldnt be surprised if Kenya toured and knocked them off.

The Parcheesi

Parcheesi, sure the players carried out those offences, but thats not the issue that was being raised.

What I talk about has been planned for a while and all that test did was to give Dalmiya a platform to begin his attack. The fiasco is at board level the players don't just turn up to the ground on the first day of a test and think yeah I'll have a game today. They have boards to do these things, the players just play. If they're told to play they will.
    Dalmiya threw the umpire out not the players.
    Look, forgive me for not loving every facet of the cricketing world, but all the behind the scenes politicking makes me go a big rubbery one. So forgive me for snoozing off while the machinations of the Indian cricketing board were detailed. Just play the fucking game, is my philosophy.

India need to have a good, hard look at themselves, that's all there is to it. Australia, England, South Africa, Zimbabwe, New Zealand, West Indies, Pakistan, etc don't go on in such a ludicrous display.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I aint getting involved with you David, cause simply, i can't be fucked

at stumps on day 4 in the third test between Australia and New Zealand sees Australia struggling at 2/69 needing another 371 runs to win in about 100 overs

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    saw a little of the India /england test
    Poms lost there last 6 wickets for 30 something.
    gptta love it
    but where are the decent bowlers no Gouth sp
    and Caddick for England and no Shrinath sp for India
    whats going on

The Parcheesi

TRESCOTHICK IS GOD!

All out for 238... maybe you jinxed 'em?

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the bloody hell were our middle-lower order playing at?!!?

It happens every freaking innings! Arggghhhhhh!!!!!
    [/whinging pom mode]

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Look, forgive me for not loving every facet of the cricketing world, but all the behind the scenes politicking makes me go a big rubbery one. So forgive me for snoozing off while the machinations of the Indian cricketing board were detailed. Just play the fucking game, is my philosophy.
    It's ok, you're forgiven.

I aint getting involved with you David, cause simply, i can't be fucked
    at stumps on day 4 in the third test between Australia and New Zealand sees Australia struggling at 2/69 needing another 371 runs to win in about 100 overs
    OK Don't get involved with me, because all it'll do is create more problems for you ask I know too much about World Cricket.

AHEM... Rhys there are 90 Overs in a day's play. You play the game and should know that Rhys.

What the bloody hell were our middle-lower order playing at?!!?
    It happens every freaking innings! Arggghhhhhh!!!!!
    [/whinging pom mode]
    Da Man remember it is the English Middle Order. Thats Why they suck.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I forgot to add that Brett Lee was fined for bringing the game into disrepute for verbally abusing New Zealand Tailender Bond.

When Shane Warne was seen Swearing on National Television 2 dys ago, which caused the Switchboard to be flooded with calls but nothing eventuated.

them bones,them bones
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When Shane Warne was seen Swearing on National Television 2 dys ago, which caused the Switchboard to be flooded with calls but nothing eventuated.
    That's cause he is Warney, he can do anything.

And besides it was probably Joe the camera man

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Australian Crippler

That's cause he is Warney, he can do anything.
    And besides it was probably Joe the camera man
    But the thing is that he was shown on TV saying it and you could also hear it.

So unfortunately it wasn't Joe, even though Joe did re-start his camera man duties in the Hobart Test Match.

But it is Warney he's a champion.
    If Gilchrist had done it, he would have been fined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I forgot to add that Brett Lee was fined for bringing the game into disrepute for verbally abusing New Zealand Tailender Bond.

There is no doubt that Lee went totally overboard in giving Shane Bond his marching orders. I was watching him bowl yesterday, and he had been bowling up to 4 bouncers an over until the dismissal. He was fired up pretty badly.

It is a different story with Warne, he swears almost every game, and the reason it is heard it because the microphone in the stump cam seems to be sensitive enough to pick up his ramblings.

Score Update: Australia 2/107 requiring about 4.2 runs from here on in.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is no doubt that Lee went totally overboard in giving Shane Bond his marching orders. I was watching him bowl yesterday, and he had been bowling up to 4 bouncers an over until the dismissal. He was fired up pretty badly.
    Score Update: Australia 2/107 requiring about 4.2 runs from here on in.
    Yeah It's good that Lee was fined, he deserved that.

I think the Australians still have a major chance at winning as ther have been no wickets in the first hours play.
    with the Aussies now at 2/121

Australia RR: 3.58
    Required RR: 4.36

Well it will be close, and we'll just have to wait and see if the Aussies can break through and up the run rate.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First Wicket for the day.
    Hayden 57 off 114 balls
    Bowled Vettori caught Sinclair
    3/130

Australia RR: 3.51
    Required RR: 4.43

310 runs to go.
    70 overs to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just as this loads up, they have got a wicket.

The question that I was going to put forward to all in this cricket thread, is:

Does Australia have a realistic chance of winning this test?

With the loss of a wicket, this has no doubt dented the chances that we had. Simply put, the Waugh twins need to put their bats together and try to make it through to lunch unscaved. A last dash effort can be achived with Gilchrist, but the majority of the runs need to be scored by the Waugh twins and Martin.

I think that we can not be bowled out, but the result of a draw looks more and more likely as the overs go by.
    Last edited by kore_terminator; December 4th, 2001 at 12:02 AM.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does Australia have a realistic chance of winning this test?
    With the loss of a wicket, this has no doubt dented the chances that we had. Simply put, the Waugh twins need to put their bats together and try to make it through to lunch unscaved. A last dash effort can be achived with Gilchrist, but the majority of the runs need to be scored by the Waugh twins and Martin.

Well in Hobart last year we scored 369 with Gilchrist and Langer scoring the majority, if Gilchrist hits some more if and when he enters, we still need someone else to stand up.

Plus we need to score faster, I say if Steve Waugh wants a result he needs to score more runs faster.

The Run Rates are in the above post.
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; December 4th, 2001 at 12:10 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At 3/194 and M Waugh nearing his century (currently on 86)...ok maybe not.

M Waugh 86 Bowled McMillan

Well that just blew up my whole post.

I was gonna comment on how the chances were great with the Waugh twins getting their act together. Now I feel that this game is going to end in a tame draw, the Australians only need to hold on for another 50 overs.
    Last edited by kore_terminator; December 4th, 2001 at 1:58 AM.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    David, i'm sorry for confusing my cricket with the test. I am playing 100 overs, so that gets cemented.

As it stands, i see a very realistic chance of seeing Australia winning this test. They need 6 runs an over with 6 wickets in hand. It's getting out of reach, but if Waugh and Martyn start playing their shots, then they might have a chance of winning.

I would also like to say, that punt road oval is in shit conditions and at presently shouldn't be used as a state ground

The Parcheesi
    Welp, it ended in a draw. Gilchrist received word to go for the draw after Warne was dismissed, which explodes Rhys' theory that Australia believes in the philosophy of "better to lose than draw".

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welp, it ended in a draw. Gilchrist received word to go for the draw after Warne was dismissed, which explodes Rhys' theory that Australia believes in the philosophy of "better to lose than draw".
    I know that i did say that, but australia did have a red hot crack at the total. Gilly played a superb innings that almost won the game for australia.

Pity about Steve Waugh's dismissal, because with him at the crease, australia still had hopes.

Still a draw is better then watching the kiwi's holding a trophy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The third and deciding test has ended up in a draw. Whoever was watching, the show that Gilchrist put on had me and my brother thinking, man can it happen? Unfortunatly that runout to Steve Waugh took all chances that were avaliable.

The series ended up being a draw, 0-0. Although these are a flattering indication of the performances of New Zealand in the first two tests, as they were absolutly dismantled and the rain saved their asses in both tests.

The third test was an indication that maybe Australia's performaces and form is slipping. It is fair to say that Warne was overworked in the third test, but McGrath has struggled all series. Having painkillers isnt going to help, but this Aussie squad needs to improve AS A TEAM to be able to beat the strong South Africans.

The Parcheesi
    Since the series ended in a tie, doesn't Australia retain the trophy anyway? See, it wasn't all bad.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orighty, the 3 tests are over.

Now this thread can move on to more important matters: The South African tour.

This will be the real test. I see this series deciding just who is, the best cricket side in the world. The one dayers will just be in the way, of what will, potentially the best series seen for a long time.

Both sides are very powerful, with great depth. While SA have been in that indian scandal, they will want to beat the aussies, and do it quite convincingly, so this will be an interesting 3 test series starting Boxing Day

The Parcheesi
    so this will be an interesting 3 test series starting Boxing Day
    The First Test starts on the 14th. The Second Test starts on the 26th. The Third Test starts on the 2nd of January.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The First Test starts on the 14th. The Second Test starts on the 26th. The Third Test starts on the 2nd of January.
    Shit it's that early. Thought the players deserved a break?

Ohh well, thats test cricket for you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be any additions/removals to the current Australian test team? The South Africans are not going to be any type of pushover, and the performance of Australia needs to improve a fair bit to make it an even contest. Its a good thing that they hold the best matches for the true cricket public, that being the Victorians, or course .

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will there be any additions/removals to the current Australian test team? The South Africans are not going to be any type of pushover, and the performance of Australia needs to improve a fair bit to make it an even contest. Its a good thing that they hold the best matches for the true cricket public, that being the Victorians, or course .
    I think they will go unchanged into the tests. They may play either McGill or Miller in Sydney, and lee or gillespie will miss out, but i doubt there will be much movement at the top of the order

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seeing as though this is a cricket thread, and those who post/read it are cricket loving people. I need advice.

Currently i'm playing in a week long victorian championship. It's under 18 and i have 2 years in it.

I made the side as the all rounder. The first game i made 7 not out batting at 8, and only bowled 6 overs.

The second game i made 15 not out batting at 7 and didn't bowl. They are 100 over matches, and i am probably the third quickest bowler, and yet wasn't given the ball.

The squad is made up of 15 guys, and 7 players come from the same side and the coach is also from that club. So i am not sure if it's a grudge, or i have done something to piss em of.

Yesterday i told the capt that i was leaving, so i walked of the field, and at the end of the day i asked him why i didn't bowl and he said there wasn't a need. Bullshit, they made 1 for 150!

Anyways, tommorow and friday is the last match. Should i tell the captain that if he doesn't bowl me, then make me 12th man straight away. Or should i stick with it and hope that i get a few overs.

Talking with the rest of the team, they feel i should be bowling 3rd or 4th change and batting at 5?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The squad is made up of 15 guys, and 7 players come from the same side and the coach is also from that club. So i am not sure if it's a grudge, or i have done something to piss em of.
    Here is your problem. When I played cricket a few years back i found that the team had two groups, my mates and the coach's sons mates. No shit, they would be the first batters and the first bowlers, even when one of my mates was as quick as lightning. Myself batted at 9, and didnt get a bowl even when I was better than the guys who would get picked.

Its not a grudge, its just the coach feels to put over his guys before anyone else.

Yesterday i told the capt that i was leaving, so i walked of the field, and at the end of the day i asked him why i didn't bowl and he said there wasn't a need. Bullshit, they made 1 for 150!

Anyways, tommorow and friday is the last match. Should i tell the captain that if he doesn't bowl me, then make me 12th man straight away. Or should i stick with it and hope that i get a few overs.

Talking with the rest of the team, they feel i should be bowling 3rd or 4th change and batting at 5?

Tell them to give you a go, and if they say there is no need, tell em to get stuffed, its obvious the best interests of the team is for the guys associated with the captain. Staying out there and showing you care will show other members of the team that you still respect your team, and if the rest of the team believes that you should be given a chance, there is a possibility that one of the back scratches will tell the coach this.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they will go unchanged into the tests. They may play either McGill or Miller in Sydney, and lee or gillespie will miss out, but i doubt there will be much movement at the top of the order
    Yes but Rhys they won't drop Gillespie. they'll drop Lee because they're trying to mould Gillespie into the next number 1 paceman for Australia.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes but Rhys they won't drop Gillespie. they'll drop Lee because they're trying to mould Gillespie into the next number 1 paceman for Australia.
    But isn't Lee younger. So surely they would blood the younger fast bowler into the side before the older person

I agree that Gillespie is the better bowler, but Lee has a huge future.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But isn't Lee younger. So surely they would blood the younger fast bowler into the side before the older person
    I agree that Gillespie is the better bowler, but Lee has a huge future.
    Yeah but Lee isn't as good as a bowler as Gillespie, also I'm not one of the selectors so you don't have to convince me on who to keep.

Also Lee was just fined 75% of his last match payment. And Gillesp[ie has been a good little boy.

Who would you keep?

The Parcheesi

Yeah but Lee isn't as good as a bowler as Gillespie, also I'm not one of the selectors so you don't have to convince me on who to keep.

Also Lee was just fined 75% of his last match payment. And Gillesp[ie has been a good little boy.

Who would you keep?
    Remove Lee for the Melbourne and Sydney tests, pace isn't required on those pitches. Bring back Fleming. He is, in fact, God.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Remove Lee for the Melbourne and Sydney tests, pace isn't required on those pitches. Bring back Fleming. He is, in fact, God.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing - Whats the link to get that Sig?

Second Thing - Fleming? Why not do what all these other footballers are doing and try get Merv Hughes out of retirement. I'm sure he can get guys out just by making them look at him.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First thing - Whats the link to get that Sig?

Second Thing - Fleming? Why not do what all these other footballers are doing and try get Merv Hughes out of retirement. I'm sure he can get guys out just by making them look at him.
    Firstly, right click on mine and check the url and just include it in your sig.

Secondly, I belive benny was joking when saying Fleming, cause he's finished. Lockett isn't playing on next year, he finally realised that he's too fat and slow to keep up with the young guys of the AFL. Hughes, as of late, has put of a shit load of weight. Though i faced him at a vic training, and while he wasn't of a large run up, his action was still generating a fair bit of pace.

Remember me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    South Africa has a pathetic law on how two "non-white" players must be selected in each test side. This law is a farce and will disallow the paceman Steve Elworthy to play in the upcoming tests against Australia.

Usually South Africa fulfills the law with Kallis and Ntini but Ntini is currently going through a bad patch of form but due to the law the best man won be selected in the side.

Ntini will remain in the side and currently superior bowler Elworthy will be forced to watch from the stands.

The only way for South Africa to play with less "non-white" players is to take an appeal through the Sports Minister of South Africa, who is supposedly hard-line and black (not the best phrasing I know).

He will not allow the change to let Elworthy to play who has deserved a spot in the side. With 31 wickets at 14 he deserves a spot, he also picked up 4/27 last Wednesday.

On better news ENGLAND HAS LOST. YAY! Not that I was surprised in the result of the match. India knocked off England in 4 day and won by 10 wickets. God England I must say you do suck, learn to play decent cricket, Trescothic and Thorpe are the only 2 half-decent players you have.

I see a white-wash in India with Kumble taking over 10 wickets in each match, and all the matches will end a day early.

Hansie Cronje has also said Gillespie and Lee are nothing special, even though the two picked up 25 wickets between them (Lee 14 at 25 and Gillespie 11 at 28) while the other two major Australian bowlers only pulled in 11 between them. I doubt Hansie has even watched the New Zealand series against Australia.

Remember me Wedge? only 5.5 days to go.
    -Outlaw

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Angel
    South Africa has a pathetic law on how two "non-white" players must be selected in each test side. This law is a farce and will disallow the paceman Steve Elworthy to play in the upcoming tests against Australia.

Usually South Africa fulfills the law with Kallis and Ntini but Ntini is currently going through a bad patch of form but due to the law the best man won be selected in the side.

Ntini will remain in the side and currently superior bowler Elworthy will be forced to watch from the stands.

The only way for South Africa to play with less "non-white" players is to take an appeal through the Sports Minister of South Africa, who is supposedly hard-line and black (not the best phrasing I know).

He will not allow the change to let Elworthy to play who has deserved a spot in the side. With 31 wickets at 14 he deserves a spot, he also picked up 4/27 last Wednesday.

On better news ENGLAND HAS LOST. YAY! Not that I was surprised in the result of the match. India knocked off England in 4 day and won by 10 wickets. God England I must say you do suck, learn to play decent cricket, Trescothic and Thorpe are the only 2 half-decent players you have.

I see a white-wash in India with Kumble taking over 10 wickets in each match, and all the matches will end a day early.

Hansie Cronje has also said Gillespie and Lee are nothing special, even though the two picked up 25 wickets between them (Lee 14 at 25 and Gillespie 11 at 28) while the other two major Australian bowlers only pulled in 11 between them. I doubt Hansie has even watched the New Zealand series against Australia.

Remember me Wedge? only 5.5 days to go.
    -Outlaw
    Well i began to read that post, and i thought........shit Angel is a fan of cricket, but then i get to the bottom and find out that bloody Outlaw told her to post this

bloody hell

Just when i thought i might have one thing in common with a female

Banned
    Life's pretty straight without Victorians.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well i began to read that post, and i thought........shit Angel is a fan of cricket, but then i get to the bottom and find out that bloody Outlaw told her to post this

bloody hell

Just when i thought i might have one thing in common with a female
    Thats not true, Your mum's a loser too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To think that we had a new, outspoken poster in this thread, and its our fallen buddy Outlaw. Or its Angel using Outlaw's font/color (and probably brain) and proving that there are more ppl on this board who know their cricket. I might just have gone a bit overboard here, ill try to get back to matters at hand.

Our good buddy Hansie 'Money Bags' Cronje has taken it apon himself to comment on the Australian pace attack, namely Brett Lee and Jason Gillespie.I dont know what footage he has been watching, but it might be time he put those hard earned dollars of his to purchase some cable to access these Australian games.

He missed Warne and McGrath, the guys who have actually struggled this summer so far (and what a bloody summer, it is freezing) and gone with the guys who carried the attack against the Kiwis. This is no more than a ploy, mind games from the South Africans.

I caught a bit of the England/India game on Foxtel and to say that the Poms suck, would be an accurate acessment(sp). The bowling attack was missing it's two strikebowlers in Gough and old man Caddick, and its no surprise that the two newbie bowlers got plummeted all over India.

The same old story with India, that Singh (the Turbanator) and Kumble destroyed the batting attack that the Poms somehow get paid for.

Micky 'Bionic Yobbo' Hardkore
    The owner of the Bionic Bred DDT.....and the last RPW Online Champion
    ....Thanks to Blade for both creating and hosting this little guy....

Contact Details:

AOL IM: Bionic Yobbo
    Yahoo! Messenger : dr_hardkore
    MSN Messenger : dr_hardkore@hotmail.com
    ICQ ID: 49135149

Pot. Kettle. Clue.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is obviously from Outlaw!

Reading Today's Paper, I came across, a mock up situation with Hansie Cronje if he did become a coach.

Cronje: Right, you chaps, before we start on batting techniques, let's get some fundamentals clear. I want you to know that if you stray from the straight and narrow your career is not necessarly your fault. Who else can you blame? You, young chap? Biltong, isn't it?
    Biltong: Australia?
    Cronje: No, not Australia, Biltong, How about you, Boetha?
    Boetha: Satan, Sir?
    Cronje: Good lad, Boetha. Satan, it is indeed. My, ahem, spot of bother a few months back could have been avoided if I hadn't done what... Biltong?
    Biltong: Taken you eyes off a vicious Glenn McGrath off-cutter, sir?
    Cronje: No, no, no. Tell him, Boetha.
    Boetha: Taken your eyes off Jesus when the devil approached, sir.
    Cronje: Exactly. Right, we'll go and have some batting practice now, but before you get padded up. I'll just tell you about tonights homework. I want a 500-word essay from each of yyou on how you would persuade a fellow batsman to score less than 20, a bowler to concede more than 50 and ensure the team scored less than 270 in a one-day international.
    Boetha: What would be in it for us, sir?
    Cronje: I like your style, Boetha. You are working for a proposed "gift" of 50,000 rand and a leather jacket. Oh and keep this to yourself, eh?

It's as if we're in the nets with him.

Well to more proper things, Pat Symcox is South Africa's sledge coach, god, as much as I like Pat Symcox, he's a fine player, maybe a bit of a dickhead, but a sledge coach is ludcrious, as the other countries are trying to ban sledging. South Africa has got a coach. Good on em.
    I think he Aussies should get in Healy to give the Aussies a bit of training.

Also Rudolph hit a 59 in a match against WA, which would ensure him to be a major player in South Africa's test sides in years to come.

Wedge, 5 days to go. I'll be waiting, as I know you will be.
    -Outlaw

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With these 'special' posts from Outlaw, one question remains, how are you going to read the responses??

With Pat Symcox the sledgeing coach, the man will turn these South Africans around. The guy always had something to say, one example was to Warne 'You'll never hit these' and pointed to the stumps. Sure enough, he got bowled 4 balls later.

He was a decent spinner and he loved to throw the bat around for some runs, and he was an entertaining character. As for best sledger, Healy was always giving it to the games greatest. That one-dayer against Sri Lanka when he told Ajguna Ranatunga that he had a runner cause he was too fat (something like that) could only come from the great 'keeper.

I wonder how many 'special comments' we will get from random board members to fill in the spot for Aussie_Outlaw?

Contact Details:

Your my hero Davey, RIP
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have u guys heard....

Zimbabwe were dismissed for 38 in their one day match with sri lanka today making it the lowest total ever, in reply sri lanka got the runs within 5 overs to set a new WR with Chaminda Vaas snaring 8/19 to take the best figures in the history of the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup guys you gotta believe this.

This was taken from the yahoo sports page, and to think that we were bad for not pumetting the kiwis, when do we get a crack at these cricketers from Zimbabwe?

ODI - Kandy - 8/12/2001 - Completed
    Sri Lanka 1/40 They lost a wicket 4.2 ov Vaas 8/19 Muralitharan 2/1
    Zimbabwe 38 15.4 ov Streak 1/26 Carlisle 16
    SL won by 9 wickets as Zimbabwe record lowest ODI score of 38

Hmmm....and they reckon a new Asian league is going to make money, I think maybe it's time to get that passport Rhys, forget about the Victorian Championship or the whole district season, and try get a game with Zimbabwe, you will probably make a few runs at least.

Contact Details:

Jay
    Well with the first Test of the South Africa
    series fast approaching (as is my unbanning, I will be bck for it.) and the squad being selected today/tonight for the series. The selectors have a major choice to make.

With Brett Lee smashing 44 off 29 balls against the Redbacks there is little chance he will be dropped for the upcoming test.

It looks like Martyn will again become the lost man, or perhaps not. MacGill will be selected if there is another spinner thrown into the side.

South Africa have again been talking up the upcoming series with former South African opener Barry Richards saying "this is the most aggressive South African side in years.

He's also said that if Adam Gilchrist was captain of the Australian
    side, Australia would have won the match as Steve Waugh took too ong to score his first 30 runs and by the time Gilchrist came to the crease. Unfortunately I agree with him, Gilchrist should have been brough in at number 3 just in an attempt to win the match.

At least the South Africans are talking up the match, well the past
    players are, which is something decent after a long sting of useless teams.

Zimbabwe was all out for 38 which is the newest One Day Internation lowest score just lower than Pakistan's 43 against West Indies in 1993. Vass pulled 9/18 well done (Yes I kow you mentioned it before), just shows you how shit
    some teams really are. The only reason Australia doesn't force teams to get low scores is that we don't play useless teams. Just to prove there is a massive gap in the quality of World Cricket.

Glenn McGrath says he's been lucky his whole career in his nicks have carried to the slips and currently he's just not lucky. HA, recently McGrath you just don't have it. You're just cruising through matches and you need to find the spirit again. He's just making excuses.

Also South Africa still have their 2 "non-white players problem"where Ntini should be dropped but won't be because of a political agenda from Ngconde
    Balfour, South Africa's Sporting Minister.

Mark Boucher has said he's got unashamed respect for Adam Gilchrist , a pretty stupid thing to say in the lead up of a test, sure say it afterwards not before when you're trying to make it a war-zone with comments from other
    players. Mark Boucher, you are an idiot for saying that, don't be
    surprised if Gilchrist launches an attack on the South Africans.

Also this week is the 5th Anniversary of the Mark
    Waugh/Matthew Elliot collision at the SCG. Oh yeah now I remember why Elliot doesn't play at Test level anymore.

With Ben and Rhys and Myelf out of action this thread has stalled, Rhy and Ben should make some for of attempt, or don't they know how to when they're banned?

Wedge 4 to go, I'll be at the door, trying to roll doubles.
    -Outlaw

I ate them before they ate me El Capitano Gatisto's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by What?
    This is obviously from Outlaw!

Reading Today's Paper, I came across, a mock up situation with Hansie Cronje if he did become a coach.

Cronje: Right, you chaps, before we start on batting techniques, let's get some fundamentals clear. I want you to know that if you stray from the straight and narrow your career is not necessarly your fault. Who else can you blame? You, young chap? Biltong, isn't it?
    Biltong: Australia?
    Cronje: No, not Australia, Biltong, How about you, Boetha?
    Boetha: Satan, Sir?
    Cronje: Good lad, Boetha. Satan, it is indeed. My, ahem, spot of bother a few months back could have been avoided if I hadn't done what... Biltong?
    Biltong: Taken you eyes off a vicious Glenn McGrath off-cutter, sir?
    Cronje: No, no, no. Tell him, Boetha.
    Boetha: Taken your eyes off Jesus when the devil approached, sir.
    Cronje: Exactly. Right, we'll go and have some batting practice now, but before you get padded up. I'll just tell you about tonights homework. I want a 500-word essay from each of yyou on how you would persuade a fellow batsman to score less than 20, a bowler to concede more than 50 and ensure the team scored less than 270 in a one-day international.
    Boetha: What would be in it for us, sir?
    Cronje: I like your style, Boetha. You are working for a proposed "gift" of 50,000 rand and a leather jacket. Oh and keep this to yourself, eh?

It's as if we're in the nets with him.

That's genius.

the purple nun.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've come back from beyond the grave to make an important announcement.

Bevan is God.

Learn it. Know it.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Parcheesi, Bevan, god he doesn't do much these days. Martyn is above him. Plus you do know what another name for a Bogan is.... yes thats right a Bevan.
    Last edited by Proto Man; December 9th, 2001 at 12:49 AM.

Pot. Kettle. Clue.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dave, do you know what the hell you're talking about? Michael Gwyl Bevan is a modern-day Jesus. I had leprosy once and he cured me by touching me with his bat. I have Before and After photos if you demand proof.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well being the only TRUE representive of this very popular cricket thread, this is hell funny that we have got new guys to take over from our fallen posters.

I've come back from beyond the grave to make an important announcement.

Bevan is God.

Learn it. Know it.
    When you go back to the grave say hello to Outlaw, Rhys and try organise for more of those banned sigs, somebody needs to represent the cricket loving community here.

Bevan? The last time I saw him he was on the Orange Commercial, and batting ahead of Steve Waugh.

Contact Details:

Hemp Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, because my name is Rhys and I play cricket for Victoria. Ben, Bevan cured you're leprosy. Can you send him down here because I need some batting help. I can only hit about 2 every game and Ando says its because of my shoddy footwork and the fact I'm half-blind when I come out to bat. I mean its not my problem the fridge is overstocked with beer.

Help me please
    -Rhys (aka. Black Eagle)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I agree, Bevan was only in that cricket add, so people actually remember who he is. He's a tool anyway, just like that Rhys fellow.
    Rhys you have always sucked at cricket, always will, bevan will only make things worse.
    Bevan should be in the Orange add, fixing the boots, because thats all the 12th man does these days. Or hands around the beers.
    We'll all be back by the start of the next test, where this thread will become the epicenter of fun it always was for us.
    -Outlaw

Pot. Kettle. Clue.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While you're at it, Rhys, get Funky Miller to teach you to throw the arm over. If Bevan is God, Miller is Allah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Rhys how did you end up going in your cricket championship? Did you actually get a go or did you tell em to get stuffed?

Who else here wants the bad boy of spin Stuart McGill to make a return? The man is a great spinner and would get a game everywere else in the world, its just that an attutude was all it took for selectors to place him back in the Pura Cup league. Remember when he got 12 wickets against those useless poms at Sydney, Warne got absolutly belted.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    While we're on the subject of Funky Miller, lets see what else he can teach rhys, well his sexual adventures could come into play, he has been quoted as saying. "What would it mean to you if I said I wanted to root you?"
    well there you have it, Funky is Spunky.

?
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since I am the great Black Eagle, I told them to get FUCKED.
    Don't listern to what Ando tells you, he'll say I was dropped from Sub-standard batting and fielding as well as bowling. He's not to be trusted. They tried to pay me $50 to play but I told them my appearance fee was $51, unfortunately they couldn't afford it so they got Michael Bevan, who only costs $2.50 and a snag in bread. God that guy's low.
    Last edited by the_raven; December 9th, 2001 at 2:04 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not Gay, but Funky certainly does something for me. If I met him in a pub late at night, I'd let him be my daddy. You would too. Admit it.

-Parcheesi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Ben, I don't know about that, It's not as if he's like Ian Botham who had 2 teenage girls in bed with him when he toured NZ. Plus funky's married and I don't like to break 35yr old guy's marriages.
    34, perhaps but 35 NO.
    -Outlaw

Sabu
    Did anyone watch the cricket today? Tasmania vs Victoria. Vics were batting well, with Elliot making a ton. Robbie Bartlett making 40 odd, and Hodge made 60 they were 2 for 200 odd before the rain made the game a draw

Bout time the Vics had a good day of cricket. They are bottom of the ladder in both pura milk and ING cup. I was reading the paper today and noticed that Reiffel and Miller are turning 37.
    Berry, Warne are 32 and a few other players are 30 odd

It's about time they turned to the younger players. They have started to do this. With Harwood, Dart (hawthorn player), and Cam White all playing in the one day. It's a start and they need to start blooding young players in order for the players mentioned above to bow out of the start scene

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was watching the Vics game, went to get some lunch and the game just disapeared. Sabu you make a great point, it is time that the Vics bring in the young guns. The Millers of this team are great, but in 5 years time they will be in the district leagues getting bowled by our resident superstar Rhys.

It is time, as these Vics are getting past the used-by date as cricketers. Besides Warne, Fleming, Miller and Harvey, the Vics also lack the international player. Whilst teams like NSW have a clear 10 players in the test/one day sides, the vics are usually non-existant. Young blood could also pose new players for the Australian squad, who are also getting on in age.

Sabu
    I was watching the Vics game, went to get some lunch and the game just disapeared. Sabu you make a great point, it is time that the Vics bring in the young guns. The Millers of this team are great, but in 5 years time they will be in the district leagues getting bowled by our resident superstar Rhys.

It is time, as these Vics are getting past the used-by date as cricketers. Besides Warne, Fleming, Miller and Harvey, the Vics also lack the international player. Whilst teams like NSW have a clear 10 players in the test/one day sides, the vics are usually non-existant. Young blood could also pose new players for the Australian squad, who are also getting on in age.
    Yeh, good point there mate. But then again, the Australian selectors, have been very biased when it comes to selecting NSW players.

While Victoria havn't had an international player for a while, other state players are being pretty stiff. I'm going to bring up another point here. With the Australian side looking like the Vic squad, with a few old players, it's time to change around to find the right squad so when guys like the Waughs, Warne, McGrath, retire, they are capable of staying strong.

Lehmann: 17,300 odd runs at at average of 56 and only played 5 tests really shows the strength of the Australian side. But i still think that he is the next middle order batsman to gain selection. Surely.

There are plenty more names to put in the list of possible test selections, but i won't bore you all with names of young potential cricketers. Though i will say this, Australia is blessed with having the best domestic cricket competition in the world, that is why we have been soo dominate over the past few years, but when the cream of the australian side retire, it's time for the next batch of players to step up and get noticed and carry on the strength of this nation

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stuey McGill IMO performs better when he is with Shane Warne.

(Sorry, but im an Aussie and a cricket thread without me posting in it is a sin)

Sabu
    Originally posted by M1CK F0LEY
    Stuey McGill IMO performs better when he is with Shane Warne.

(Sorry, but im an Aussie and a cricket thread without me posting in it is a sin)
    What statistics do you have to back up that statement M1ck?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sabu

Yeh, good point there mate. But then again, the Australian selectors, have been very biased when it comes to selecting NSW players.

While Victoria havn't had an international player for a while, other state players are being pretty stiff. I'm going to bring up another point here. With the Australian side looking like the Vic squad, with a few old players, it's time to change around to find the right squad so when guys like the Waughs, Warne, McGrath, retire, they are capable of staying strong.

Lehmann: 17,300 odd runs at at average of 56 and only played 5 tests really shows the strength of the Australian side. But i still think that he is the next middle order batsman to gain selection. Surely.

There are plenty more names to put in the list of possible test selections, but i won't bore you all with names of young potential cricketers. Though i will say this, Australia is blessed with having the best domestic cricket competition in the world, that is why we have been soo dominate over the past few years, but when the cream of the australian side retire, it's time for the next batch of players to step up and get noticed and carry on the strength of this nation

Its' good to have another guy who knows what their talking about. The Australian side is one which is headed for a few quick retirements. Unlike the Vics, the Australians do not get beat every game and they do have a future, simply called NSW. The selectors bias views have allowed guys like Bracken, Bevan in fornt of deserving guys such as Lehmann and Fleming. I know of an argument on Bracken, its somewere in the middle of this thread somewere.

Does the Australian team need to introduce new batsmen, as the middle order, or more specific, the Waughs are on the wrong side of 30 and have atleast 2/3 years left. The two spots that they leave will be the most crucial, since Steve and Mark have produced great amount of runs from this postition.

M1CK FOLEY: McGill performs better than Warne, period. Hopefully he gets a shitload of wickets, as he is one of the best spinners in the world, only thing holding him back is Warne and the Australian selectors.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Sabu

What statistics do you have to back up that statement M1ck?
    Well, Sabu, in the last 5 tests, McGill has taken 25 wickets, whereas warne has taken only 7.

And when Warne wasnt there, MCGill took less.....I think....

Anyway, he just seems in better form, as though hes been pushed by Warne.

I DONT KNOW!
    SOMEBODY START A RUGBY LEAGUE TOPIC ALREADY