User Tag List

Page 4 of 132 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Cricket

Go Home MacGill kore_terminator's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a coincidence, this being the 300 post, and my 300 post aswell.

The big news of MacGill and Warne playing together, means that Warne may be overshadowed yet again. The stats are pretty clear, in the 5 tests that they have played together, their figures look like this:

MacGill - 24 Wickets @ 19.21 Best - 12 / 107
    Warne - 7 Wickets @ 65.00 Best - 3 / 77

It doesnt take an idiot to reconise that McGill has the talent, but not the attitude. The pressure that the two now face is to outdo each other. The period of time when the two were together was at a time when Warne came back from surgury, and was not at his best.

This is no doubt, MacGill's last chance at the top level. If he outbowls Warne, which I expect him to, he may be that spinner to replace Warne.

Other than MacGill, the team will remain unchanged from the New Zealand test series. Only that the Australians will go into the next test with the 2 spin attack, and hopefully this time these two can play together, and not as guys competing for a spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With two days left to the commencment of the 1st test in Adelaide, the problem that the selectors have has been the bowlers. The Australians will go with 4 bowlers, but either 2fast/2spin or 3fast/1spin. The guys sweating over this is Brett Lee and Stuart MacGill. McGrath, Gillespie and Warne are definitly in the 11, but the pitch will determine who plays.

The South Africans will be without Allan 'White Lightning' Donald, who is reported to have about a 15% chance of playing. He struggled to make an impact in the tour game at Perth, a ground in which suits his blistering pace. He will make it to the second test, and if the South Africans get plummeted just like those kiwis, there will be calls to include him in the next test, form or not.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I'm back in MY thread.

Sadly SCG MacGill will lose out and be twelfth man for the upcoming test.

Donald won't play in the next 2 tests this summer.

Parcheesi and Rhys will post useless crap in this thread.

Those are my short predictions for cricket in the near future.
    Last edited by Aussie_Outlaw; December 12th, 2001 at 5:13 AM.

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by Reya
    I've come back from beyond the grave to make an important announcement.

Bevan is God.

Learn it. Know it.
    Wow, Libby. I never thought you knew so much about cricket, but you just hit the nail on the head in my opinion. Well done.
    Originally posted by Aussie_Outlaw
    Parcheesi and Rhys will post useless crap in this thread.
    Keep up that attitude and you'll be arguing with yourself again.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK this has slipped too far. 2nd page is too far.

Also Ben I'm the only one here who actually writes thought-provoking pieces about cricket.

I'm bored so how about we all do a Aust A side/

My team would look like (Aust A) (for sydney)
    Elliot
    Slater
    Blewitt
    Siddons
    Lehman
    Law
    Berry
    MacGill
    Miller
    Flemming
    Bichel

Seems fine to me. What about your side?

The Parcheesi
    Slater
    Elliot
    Blewett
    Bevan
    Lehmann
    Symonds
    Berry
    Dale
    Miller
    Fleming
    Bichel

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well this being my first post since being reinstated, i might as well make it good and relative to this thread.

Contrary to what you might think Dave, Ben and myself have been great assets to this thread, while Ben has said some worthless shit about how Bevan is god, we have both proven to be quite good at this topic, both being players and stuff.

Anyways, since we are on the topic, Vics finally had a good day, bowling SA out of 229 with wickets to Innes, Reiffel and Lewis. In reply, Vics are 3 for 103 with Klinger and Harvey at the crease.

Looks like we shall get first innings!

Since you guys have posted your prefered Aussie A side, here is mine:

Slater
    Elliot
    Lehmann
    Siddons
    Blewett
    Symmonds
    Berry
    Marsh
    Dawes
    Noffke
    Innes

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the first day of the SA vs Aus test mach has begun.

With Steve Waugh winning the toss and electing to bat.

The Aussies are now 0/34

Also notice how Ben put Bevan in his A side when the rest of us somehow forgot him.

Also SCG MacGill is 12th man as I said and Donald is out of the side. Outlaw you are a genuis.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    currently its 1/88 but it should have been 2/88 but Ponting was dropped just before lunch.

WHOO

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ponting has been caught off a no-ball
    He was also dropped before lunch

Hopefully with these chances he'll capitalise and make a big score.

1/140
    Drinks Break
    3:10pm

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    England are currently pissing on India in the 2nd test. That's for claiming indepence ya bastards!!!!

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by da_man
    England are currently pissing on India in the 2nd test. That's for claiming indepence ya bastards!!!!
    Thats cause Venkat is umpiring over in Australia and can't cheat for India

Well after the first day of the test, Australia sit at 6/272 with Langer in fine form again making 116, Ponting made 50 odd and Hayden getting a start. Once again Langer and Hayden laid a solid platform, and the middle order didn't capatalise. Something needs to be done, because some where down the track, both openers will fail and the middle order will need to step up

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by da_man
    Son, the last time you posted to brag about England, they were in a great position and then fucked up completely. Haven't you learnt your lesson? You're a jinx!

Chickens. Hatch. Clue.

Heh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Black Eagle

Thats cause Venkat is umpiring over in Australia and can't cheat for India

Thats the funniest thing ive seen today, probably because I had to work and nothing is entertaining there.

If India cannot beat England, then they might aswell make their own little league away from the ICC, who else noticed that the hype died down, or that noone has made mention of this for a few weeks *looks at page 6-7 (I think)*

Well after the first day of the test, Australia sit at 6/272 with Langer in fine form again making 116, Ponting made 50 odd and Hayden getting a start. Once again Langer and Hayden laid a solid platform, and the middle order didn't capatalise. Something needs to be done, because some where down the track, both openers will fail and the middle order will need to step up

At 6/272, the Australians have failed to go on, where at one stage they were at 1/173. The pitch looks like a beauty and the fact that the Australians are now at the tail bit of the order, the South Africans could hold the advantage come lunch time tomorrow, provided that they can mop up the tail quickly. Something those pathetic kiwis couldnt do.

Heres hoping that Warne can get past 99 and somehow make a century.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent mentioned it because people dont reply because they have no idea what I'm on about.

How was Ponting's catch, fucking beauty.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I havent mentioned it because people dont reply because they have no idea what I'm on about.

How was Ponting's catch, fucking beauty.

Also for anyone who cares Rhys scored 3 on the weekend off one shot after struggling in 10 overs. He then knicked one behind.

Lets all clap rhys.

HMM How about we don't.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after day 2 of the test, Australia was bowled out for 439 with Damien Martyn making 124 not out, Fat Warne made 41 and Lee made 30 odd.

In South Africa's first dig, they are 2 for 100 odd, they lost 2 late wickets to Glenn McGrath to be in a tough position leading into day 3.

Hopefully the pitch will be a spinners track by day 4 and 5, so Warne and possibly Mark Waugh can run through the Proteas.

On a happy sidenote, Victoria gained their first points for the year with an outright win over the South Australians. No need for details, just that we got some points.........finally

On a personal level, i aint worried if you couldn't give a shit, but my side made 167 on a dodgy green top, and we have Geelong 1 for 20 overnight. Myself, batting at 4 (promotion) made 3, struggled for a few overs and nicked one behind. But i will get my chance tommorow with a seaming deck and hopefully get a few wickets

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's hoping Rhys gets a few wickets tomorrow, and makes up for scoring 3 runs.

This test looks like being quite even after two days. Alas, when a test is even after two days the end result is usually a draw. The bowl from McGrath that got G Kirsten was an absolute beauty, and broght back memories on the way I used to bowl. Only thing, I was watching the ball sail over my head, and onto the nearby road.

Bastards.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there we go Da man is a Jinx. India drew ther 2nd test with England and the series is now 1-0 in India's favour.

Brian Lara has fucked up again and won't be playing any more part against Sri Lanka. YAY

Rhys will get no wickets today. YAY

And SA will fuck up as they have this morning leaving the test match open for the Aussies to claim victory.

Hemp Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [COLOR=what?]Before I start, yes I'm a newbie to cricket and plus I don't get it on Tv so...

Question: A formal game of cricket can last anything from an afternoon to several days. Do they takes break?

And what does the crowd do?
    [/COLOR]

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Colasse
    [COLOR=what?]Question: A formal game of cricket can last anything from an afternoon to several days. Do they takes break?
    [/COLOR]
    Test matches:

Game starts at 11am
    Lunch at 1pm (40 minute break)
    drinks break at 4pm (5 minute break)
    Break between innings, whenever that may be (40 minutes)
    Game finishes after 90 overs (usually 6pm)

this goes on for 4 days.

One Day Matches.

(game starts at 11am)
    Drinks break after 32 overs (5 min)
    40min break between innings
    Drinks break after 16 overs (5 min)
    Game finishes after both teams have played 50 overs each or 2nd team scores more than the first team (usually 6pm)

They also don't play cricket if it's raining, and remember that batting side just sits around in the dressing room.

The hard bit it fielding out in the middle for a full day. Ask Rhys he's doin it today.

You're a dork!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The crowd just sit there most people just go get food during breaks. There is entertainment on the ground like little kids playing cricket and competitions.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Test matches:

The hard bit it fielding out in the middle for a full day. Ask Rhys he's doin it today.
    Hehehehehe...Yeah Rhys is doing it today..(Fielding)...Cause he isnt good enough to get a bowl.....hehehe.........jokin buddy...

You're a dork!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is an actual follow on?

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well after day 2 of the test, Australia was bowled out for 439 with Damien Martyn making 124 not out, Fat Warne made 41 and Lee made 30 odd.

I am sorry Rhys but I am not happy with your "Fat Warne" call..........You may dislike him...But for the rest of us who think he is a legend..This could very easily upset some of us and turn on you...And to think you are a fellow Victorian like him and me....and you even tried out for the Victorian team!!!.......Not Happy

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK this has slipped too far. 2nd page is too far.

Also Ben I'm the only one here who actually writes thought-provoking pieces about cricket.

I'm bored so how about we all do a Aust A side/

My team would look like (Aust A) (for sydney)
    Elliot
    Slater
    Blewitt
    Siddons
    Lehman
    Law
    Berry
    MacGill
    Miller
    Flemming
    Bichel

Seems fine to me. What about your side?
    Well I am sorry to Inform you but Jamie Siddon's no longer plays 1st class cricket in Australia....As Jamie is a family friend, I know that he is Currently playing in Mildura earning $7 a run....Which is pretty awesome...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Colasse
    [COLOR=what?]
    [/COLOR]

They will throw bottles, meat pies, blow up dolls, anything avaliable to entertain themselves. Another great Australian tradition, especially in the MCG is the mexican wave. Imagine 70,000 people on cue jumping up and hurling anything they can. The other 5000 are those MCC members who traditionally have come to see a match. Dumbasses.

If you one of the 1000 who get kicked out, getting back in the ground isnt that hard either, and yes I am talking from experience. Twice.

If the game is entertaining, then the mucking around is at a minimum. If Australia is kicking the absolute hell out of the opposing team, then expect mexican waves, streakers (another tradition) and punch ons, all avaliable from bay 13.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by kore_terminator

[COLOR=burlywood]
    The other 5000 are those MCC members who traditionally have come to see a match. Dumbasses.

COLOR]
    I feel a little underdone here.....I am a MCC member and proud of it....We get preferintial treatment over you and are treated with Respect...As I will be playing for the Melbourne Cricket Club very soon I can expect to get booed as the mexican wave goes around..I do not mind...Its all apart of the fun...

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you who posted an Australia A team....The thing I cant figure out is how can you not have Brad Hodge in there??.....that is mainly pointed at Aussie Outlaw.....

Some of your selections I think weren't to flash.....

Here is the Australia A team as it should be.......

(Without Jamie Siddons)...hehehe..I cant believe yous put him in there and he isnt even playing first class cricket.....

Slater
    Elliot
    Hodge
    Lehmann
    Katich
    Haddin
    Symonds
    Harvey
    Bickel
    McGill
    Bracken

12th man.....Noffke....

The Parcheesi
    7/356

Anyone else think Mark Boucher looks like Ryan Girdler?

The Parcheesi
    Originally posted by candy_gal
    What is an actual follow on?
    If team A makes 500 runs, for example, and team B bats and is bowled out for at least 199 runs LESS than the other team's total (301 in this case), the captain of team A has the option of "enforcing the follow-on", meaning that team B must bat again. If team B is bowled out again before their total numbers of runs is less than 500, then team A wins by the difference between 500 and the other team's total number of runs, AND an innings. If a team wins by a certain number of wickets or runs AND an innings, it basically means they kicked the other team's ass, since they managed to get more runs in a single innings than the other team could get in 2.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Results of the Test Match

Australia vs South Africa Day 3....at stumps

Australia 439 & 3/0 (3.0 ov)
    South Africa 374

Australia lead by 68 runs with 10 wickets remaining

New South Wales 215 & 188/3 (79.0 ov), Western Australia 578
    Stumps - Day 3 New South Wales trail by 175 runs with 7 wickets remaining
    MG Bevan 78* MA Higgs 0* MJ North 1/24 GB Hogg 1/15

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i'm fucked. Officially. A whole day in the field, killed me

Shit day, we lost, hammered in fact.

Geelong ended up making 310 with some dud making 100. Worst ton ever. Our home ground is quick as lightning and half his runs were from edges that flew through the slips for 4.

I bowled with the wind at my back and was bowling as quick as i have for a long time. Bowled well enough but didn't get a wicket. Bowled 2 maidens in a row and beat the bat about 7 times in a row. A few bouncers were edged over the keeper, 3 drop catches. It all resulted in a shite day for me.

To top it of, i get back on here to notice bloody ando giving me shit. You know your life is going shit when some bush pig is laying into you

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ando I put Siddons in the side to see how many people would follow my lead.

The Crowd entertain themselves, like all good Aussies we just fuck around, hurl abuse at any idiot, cherr any idiot who does something remotely amusing.

Throw bottles around, play keep the ball from the police, anything they can find. I was involved in the whole incident that the Whiney poms complained about a few years back, nothing major, just one of their boundary players got hit with a billiard ball.

So they sent Warney out to calm the crowd down. Fuck all that did, just got a massive Warney chant going. And when the Aussies were in the field they sent Ian Harvey down to sign autographs on the fence because everyone was bored. Its not uncommen to hear a boring chant.

As for the Follow On:
    (I looked the damn thing up and here it is under proper rule.)
    The Laws of Cricket, 2000 Code - Law 13, The follow-on

1. Lead on first innings
    (a) In a two innings match of 5 days or more, the side which bats first and leads by at least 200 runs shall have the option of requiring the other side to follow their innings.
    (b) The same option shall be available in two innings matches of shorter duration with the minimum required leads as follows:
    (i) 150 runs in a match of 3 or 4 days;
    (ii) 100 runs in a 2-day match;
    (iii) 75 runs in a 1-day match.

2. Notification
    A captain shall notify the opposing captain and the umpires of his intention to take up this option. Law 10.1(e) (Insufficient time to complete rolling) shall apply.

3. First day’s play lost
    If no play takes place on the first day of a match of more than one day’s duration, 1 above shall apply in accordance with the number of days remaining from the actual start of the match. The day on which play first commences shall count as a whole day for this purpose, irrespective of the time at which play starts.
    Play will have taken place as soon as, after the call of Play, the first over has started. See Law 22.2 (Start of an over).

Whats that mean? Well let me explain:

The order of the innings alternates except when the follow-on is enforced. This can occur if the second team to bat in the first innings scores 200 or more runs fewer than the first team. The captain of the first team may then ask the second team to follow on, i.e. to bat its second innings immediately, and defer his own team's second innings until afterwards.

Rhys can't you ever win a game?

Ando just jump the fence into the outer you can do that can't you? Well do it anyway, and join in the fun.

And did anyone catch Lee's last over for the day, I'm thinking he'll get fined for those 4 bouncers in a row. Ntini was hit on the head twice and he was clearly aiming for Hayward's head. At least 10% I bet. Bloody vicious.

And who said I didn't know the rules.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And did anyone catch Lee's last over for the day, I'm thinking he'll get fined for those 4 bouncers in a row. Ntini was hit on the head twice and he was clearly aiming for Hayward's head. At least 10% I bet. Bloody vicious.[/color]

And who said I didn't know the rules. [/B][/QUOTE]Yes I did catch that Over......I absolutely Loved it!!!!......That is exactly what I want to be doing in a few years time.....There is nothing better in the World than short bowling....And trust me....I do enough of it!!

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I did catch that Over......I absolutely Loved it!!!!......That is exactly what I want to be doing in a few years time.....There is nothing better in the World than short bowling....And trust me....I do enough of it!!

Your bounces are soo slow Ando!! When you bowl your fast bouncer, the batsmen has enough time to sit under it and analyse every position on the field and choose where to hit it

You bowl short all the time cause you are an inconsistent bowler. half trackers, leg side shite, beamers.

Remember when i faced you, smashed ya. Though you got me back by smashing me out of the net - nearly killing a guy in the process!!!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Aussie Ando
    Yes I did catch that Over......I absolutely Loved it!!!!......That is exactly what I want to be doing in a few years time.....There is nothing better in the World than short bowling....And trust me....I do enough of it!!
    So you want to be giving away 4 byes? Yeah we all want to do that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And did anyone catch Lee's last over for the day, I'm thinking he'll get fined for those 4 bouncers in a row. Ntini was hit on the head twice and he was clearly aiming for Hayward's head. At least 10% I bet. Bloody vicious.

And who said I didn't know the rules.
    Whilst he get some back, Lee should have aimed to get the two guys out. Fair enough he almost took Nitini's head off, but he wasted his time, aswell as the 4 runs that got taken from that wayward bouncer. Bloody hell, if i was Lee, i'd be aiming at the toes, as you may know, you can not bowl when your on crutches. A direct argument, you also cannot bowl after repeated head shots.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd pitch one at hit the guys nuts, that'd render him useless for 5 days. He'd be wearing his balls as earings.

Yeah can't bowl or have kids, then you can aim for his head or feet or whatever you want.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your bounces are soo slow Ando!! When you bowl your fast bouncer, the batsmen has enough time to sit under it and analyse every position on the field and choose where to hit it

You bowl short all the time cause you are an inconsistent bowler. half trackers, leg side shite, beamers.

Remember when i faced you, smashed ya. Though you got me back by smashing me out of the net - nearly killing a guy in the process!!!

Now listen here Rhys.....I am going to take you back a few weeks to when a certain team was picked....I think if I remember clearly it was called the Victorian U/17 team....I remember recieving a letter via express post...I opened it...And this is what it said..."Congratulations Scott...You have made the Victorian Under 17 Cricket Team"....And naturally I was the happiest man alive...And then I thought.."I hope my goof friend Rhys made it"....I looked on the list...But his name wasnt there....Oh well...I thought to myself...But we know who the better bowler is......

Just jokin mate...no hard feelings

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now listen here Rhys.....I am going to take you back a few weeks to when a certain team was picked....I think if I remember clearly it was called the Victorian U/17 team....I remember recieving a letter via express post...I opened it...And this is what it said..."Congratulations Scott...You have made the Victorian Under 17 Cricket Team"....And naturally I was the happiest man alive...And then I thought.."I hope my goof friend Rhys made it"....I looked on the list...But his name wasnt there....Oh well...I thought to myself...But we know who the better bowler is......

Just jokin mate...no hard feelings
    Yes i know mate. But we are different players. i was going for the all rounder spot. But fucking Kane Tenace got it. Bullshit fucken.

Good to see you posting more my friend.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes i know mate. But we are different players. i was going for the all rounder spot. But fucking Kane Tenace got it. Bullshit fucken.

Good to see you posting more my friend.
    Yeah quite true Buddy...
    I would much rather see you in the lineup..
    But dont you worry...As soon as Under 19's rolls around....
    I can garuntee we will be there....

You're a dork!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At Lunch
    Australia 439 & 93/2 (30.0 ov)
    South Africa 374

Australia lead by 158 runs with 8 wickets remaining

Australia RR: 3.10

Minimum overs
    remaining today: 63.0

Australia 2nd innings R M B
    JL Langer c Boucher b Pollock 1 18 15
    ML Hayden not out 47 101 3
    RT Ponting lbw b Kallis 25 67 48
    ME Waugh not out 14 33 1
    Extras (b 4, lb 6, nb 5) 15
    Total (2 wickets, 32 overs, 134 mins) 102

To Bat: *SR Waugh, DR Martyn, +AC Gilchrist, SK Warne, B Lee,
    JN Gillespie, GD McGrath

Hehehehe the umpire got hit in the leg.
    Last edited by candy_gal; December 16th, 2001 at 10:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just hoping no-one beats me to this score update

Australia 7/Declared
    Hayden 131
    M Waugh 74
    J Kallis 3/45

Lead of 374 with 102 overs left (12 today, 90 min. tomorrow)

*Edit* Hope no-one saw that math mistake above

This then leaves South Africa 374 runs to get in a day and a bit. As Tubby Taylor proclaimes: 'There is only two results left in this test'. Smart man. This could be the innings that writes another chapter in the Warne book, if the first innings is any indication, the great man may spin out any chance the South Africans have.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well considering there is 374 runs to get and the highest that has ever been gotten is 404 there is little chance they'll read the score.

And with the pitch turning a fucking mile now, on day 5, Warney should clean up the tail and pick up MOTM

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well considering there is 374 runs to get and the highest that has ever been gotten is 404 there is little chance they'll read the score.

And with the pitch turning a fucking mile now, on day 5, Warney should clean up the tail and pick up MOTM
    Thats a pretty big call...
    Henderson wasnt turning the ball that much....That was due to him being a poor spinner of the ball though...
    Warne will have a good day though...But how good is up to the South African Batsmen...
    If they come out with the attitude to try and save a draw...then Warne wont have that much of an effect..
    But if the South Africans actually want to make a game of it...And attempt to get our total....Then Warne may be in for a bag...
    That is as long as Steve Waugh bowls him enough...Which I dare say he will probably over use him....

Go Aussies!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Final Day, first session the Australians have picked up a further 2 wickets to have the SA at 4/44. A small history lesson, in 1998 the situation was identical, the Australians needed to bat the whole day to save the test.

The SA had outplayed Australia to the extent that we were lucky to pass the follow on. Alas, on the last day M Waugh played what might be known as one of his greatest innings.

The Score Card Looked like this:
    SA 1st Innings 517
    McMillian 87*
    G Kirsten 77
    W (Here comes the money)Cronje 73

SA 2nd Innings 6/193dec
    G Kirsten 108*

Australia 1st Innings 350
    M Taylor 169* (Carried his bat)
    S Pollick 7/87

Australia 2nd Innings 7/227
    M Waugh 115*

In his gallaint innings he was dropped 4 times and in the last hour of the game, he was hit in the elbow by Pollock. In this, hes bat hit the stumps after he lost control of it (he dropped it) after the ball sailed to first slip. The third ump. decided that he was not out as the bails had not been dislodged in the act of facing the ball or takign a run.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there goes the match with Sa now 7/70odd and warne involved in 4 wickets Australia has basically sewn up the first test.

Only Kallis has shown any resistance but we can get the tail out easily like the first innings.

GO AUSSIES!

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well with the score 110/8 we can definately say that Australia will win this match. Only 50 overs have been bowled, there is plenty of time to get the 2 remaining wickets.

Warne has bowled well today. Though bowling around the wicket into the rough isn't really hard, but he did get a bag, so i must commend him on his efforts . One thing i will say, is that Warne plays very defensive when there is rough outside leg stump. He tends to drift the ball outside leg and the batsmen only usually pad it away. Surely he would be better staying over the wicket and make the batsmen play each ball?

McGrath bowled a top spell. Taking 3 fa 11 of 12 overs.

On the subject of MOM, who would get it? hayden, Langer and Martyn made centuries. Warne has taken 7 wickets so far, and McGrath may have put Australia in a winning position. Who deserves it?

personally i would choose Hayden, because his knock in the second dig put Australia in a position to declare with enough runs on the board to put any SA chance of winning out the window

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notice how it took awhile for Lee to get a bowl in this final innings?

Hmm I think he may not be able to hold his position in the team after his emotions got the better of him 2 days ago.

He's ousted I'm thinking or at least walking on thin ice.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm I think he may not be able to hold his position in the team after his emotions got the better of him 2 days ago.

Or maybe the fact that McGrath bowled brilliantely, as well as Gillespie and Warne?

That is the reason. Unless there is a public statement saying that Lee has been dropped for discipline reasons, i will not buy into this thought dave.

Which brings up another point, why bowl Lee after tea (rhymes), when McGrath has busted his gut to remove the top order and can't have fun knocking over the tail end and getting 5 fa?

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which brings up another point, why bowl Lee after tea (rhymes), when McGrath has busted his gut to remove the top order and can't have fun knocking over the tail end and getting 5 fa?
    Because McGrath was tired and why not bowl lee, he'd been punished, and he's bored shitless in the outfield. McGrath knows he did his job and he's proud of that (I asked him) and it was someone else's turn to knock off the lower order.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is a load of shit...
    Brett Lee has managed to bowl consistantly throughout the whole test season so far....and recently he may have been bowling a little inconsistant...He doesnt deserve to lose his spot...
    Especially to a spinner for the Melbourne test match....
    If I know my Melbourne decks...And I have played on them enough to know what they are like.....Then it will be pace bowler friendly and Warney will have to work hard early to get his wickets...McGrath Gillespie Lee and Warne are the most feared bowling lineup in the World at the moment....And the Australian selectors know this....And all the hype in the media about McGill coming in and Lee out is a load of shit...They will keep this bowling lineup untill McGrath retires one thinks...

You're a dork!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Aussie for clearing that up about the follow on. I soughta got another question.
    If player A is facing the bowler at the end of the over who will be facing the bowler at the start of the next over? Player A or player B?

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Aussie for clearing that up about the follow on. I soughta got another question.
    If player A is facing the bowler at the end of the over who will be facing the bowler at the start of the next over? Player A or player B?
    I'll answer this one.......

ok..if player A faces all 6 balls....and doesnt make a run...and stays up the strikers end.......and player B is at the non strikers end...then Player B faces the firsl ball of the next over...
    The non striker at the end of the over...always faces the first ball of the next over cause he is at that end....

pretty simple really...

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually Lee has been bowling shit all test, if the next test was a spinners wicket he'd be out.

Unfortunately Melbourne is the next wicket and thats not a spinners wicket so unfortunately Lee will stay in the side.

Also Warney was MOTM, and what who said he would be? ME. Outlaw you truely are a genius.

Also candy gal, the answer in a more simplied form is whoever is at the non-strikers (the end the bowler is NOT bowling to) end at the end of the over will face the next over.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is a load of shit...
    Brett Lee has managed to bowl consistantly throughout the whole test season so far....and recently he may have been bowling a little inconsistant...He doesnt deserve to lose his spot...
    Especially to a spinner for the Melbourne test match....
    If I know my Melbourne decks...And I have played on them enough to know what they are like.....Then it will be pace bowler friendly and Warney will have to work hard early to get his wickets...McGrath Gillespie Lee and Warne are the most feared bowling lineup in the World at the moment....And the Australian selectors know this....And all the hype in the media about McGill coming in and Lee out is a load of shit...They will keep this bowling lineup untill McGrath retires one thinks...
    I know you have played on a few Melbourne decks, but scottie. You are wrong in your judgement. You will get a different track on each ground. Generally, Hawthorn will produce a batter friendly pitch, whereas, Ringwood, which is just down the road, is usually a bowlers pitch.

So while, in previous years, Melbourne has seamed around, who's to say that this year the curator decided to be more consistent to the batsmen and make it flatter with a bit less grass?

If I know one thing about cricket, it's pitches. From talking to the Punt Road curator (my bro's best mate), he said that the MCG wicket is looking a little grassy at the moment, but by the time the test rolls around next week, it should hold up for the full 5 days.

So most likely, the quicks will dominate, but there will be something there for the batsmen as well as playing spin on the last day. A perfect test match pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that last day sucked. It was great to see that both Warne and McGrath got wickets, and the only thing decent Lee managed was to almost break Haywards foot. With the Boxing Day test next week, I doubt that there will be major changes to the Australian team, whilst we may see one Allen Donald make a return.

Congrats deserve to go to Warne, he did do a great job with the ball (8 wickets) and the bat (41) and there must have been a bit of difficulty deciding on it, cause there was great efforts all round with the Australians (100's to Martin, Hayden, Langer).

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by kore_terminator
    Wow that last day sucked. It was great to see that both Warne and McGrath got wickets, and the only thing decent Lee managed was to almost break Haywards foot. With the Boxing Day test next week, I doubt that there will be major changes to the Australian team, whilst we may see one Allen Donald make a return.

Congrats deserve to go to Warne, he did do a great job with the ball (8 wickets) and the bat (41) and there must have been a bit of difficulty deciding on it, cause there was great efforts all round with the Australians (100's to Martin, Hayden, Langer).
    From day 4, i could tell we were going to win. it was a perfect set up by the Australians. We have seen it soo many times before, where they have set the opposition a shit load of runs to get with a session and a day to play and bowl them out.

That is why they are the best in the world, they continually set themselves up to win games. The toss was crucial, but their ability to set a large total for SA to win in their second dig was the pinical point in the match

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The toss was crucial, but their ability to set a large ...point
    Rhys do you have to put a secret message in every post?

Plus Day 5 was good, it was short and quick and the aussies domintated. I prefer when we're bowling well than when we're batting well. It's a better spectacle.

Ss for the boxing day test, this sucks, I won't be able to watch it and it's about 100km away, If I was 100km to the north I'd get it on Win TV. But No I'm in the south and it sucks. I'll go over to a mates joint where we usually watch England get bowled out, and watch it there. Or just follow it at work on the radio. (Day's 3/4)

Stupid Large ground.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rhys do you have to put a secret message in every post?

Plus Day 5 was good, it was short and quick and the aussies domintated. I prefer when we're bowling well than when we're batting well. It's a better spectacle.

Ss for the boxing day test, this sucks, I won't be able to watch it and it's about 100km away, If I was 100km to the north I'd get it on Win TV. But No I'm in the south and it sucks. I'll go over to a mates joint where we usually watch England get bowled out, and watch it there. Or just follow it at work on the radio. (Day's 3/4)

Stupid Large ground.
    Well i'm looking foward to Boxing Day. I'm going with a shit load of mates, taking a few bottles of "coke", a bat and ball and hopeing for a full day of cricket bathed in nice warm weather like today.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well i'm looking foward to Boxing... a shit... mate, taking a few ...balls and hopeing for a full ... bath.. like today.
    [color=-Aussie_Outlaw]Now Rhys this secret messages are getting harder to find Rhys.

But yeah I hope you enjoy whatever you want to do.[/color]

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[color=-Aussie_Outlaw]Now Rhys this secret is getting hard.......er to enjoy............whatever you want to do.[/color]
    Well you seem to like finding secret messages in my posts. So i decided to conter act your attacks on me

I see your little message

The Parcheesi
    [color=-Aussie_Outlaw]...getting harder... I hope... to... enjoy... Rhys [/color]
    Finally the truth comes out.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Parcheesi

Finally the truth comes out.

Well picked out sir

That posts finally makes me realise why he has been following me around

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You ...like ...my posts. So i decided to ...see your little ...

Shuttup Rhys thats just not nice. First you lie about my posts and then you have to take a final shot.

Nope you're not giving me anything to work with there parcheesi. FUCK UP. I'm gonna ignore your quotes.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

S Rhys just take a final shot.

I'm gonna FUCK you Parcheesi
    He says it all there folks

The Parcheesi
    Fuck I'm Gay Just Anal Me
    No thanks.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was waiting to see who takes the piss out of my status

Fuck I'm Good Just Ask Me

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Enough of those Games Rhys, you're so much like a child.

Now we're between tests, and I figured that half of us would pick up the new 12th man cd in the next few days (probably for Xmas), whats your favourite one so far?

I've gotta say Still The Twelfth Man easily.

It's better written that the others and more off the wall.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK Enough of those Games Rhys, you're so much like a child.

Now we're between tests, and I figured that half of us would pick up the new 12th man cd in the next few days (probably for Xmas), whats your favourite one so far?

I've gotta say Still The Twelfth Man easily.

It's better written that the others and more off the wall.
    Well i bought the CD when it first came out, and it instantly became my favourite. While "Bill Lawry, this is your life" was a great CD, "The Final Dig" over takes it quite easily.

Billy Birmingham is a talent guy. He was interviewed on the Today show not long ago, and he just cracks me up.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While "Bill Lawry, this is your life" was a great CD,
    Billy Birmingham is a talent guy. He was interviewed on the Today show not long ago, and he just cracks me up.
    BLTIYL was a great CD? Fuck NO, it had poor replay value, thats why I prefer the others over that one, 2nd best would be WWOS2.

I also say that interview on the today show, and the Panel and the interviews back in 97. They're all basically the same, funny none-the-less.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BLTIYL was a great CD? Fuck NO, it had poor replay value, thats why I prefer the others over that one, 2nd best would be WWOS2.

I also say that interview on the today show, and the Panel and the interviews back in 97. They're all basically the same, funny none-the-less.
    I agree that you can't play it over and over again, but first time i heard it i pissed myself laughing. It was very clever. The funniest part was the two guys watching the tv. "The pizza's going to be colder then a witches tit". Funny stuff!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that you can't play it over and over again, but first time i heard it i pissed myself laughing. It was very clever. The funniest part was the two guys watching the tv. "The pizza's going to be colder then a witches tit". Funny stuff!
    Thats not a good quote from the show.

how about the SBS tit-search, where tommo rings them up and says some are on.

They check and its a national geographic doco.

so they yobbo's reply "Fuck That Guy's A Sicko"

Bill lawry about his life
    Bill: Oh It's a joke
    Tony: Well you can't argue with that Bull

Now thats funny

But yeah they're all damn funny at first a quality one has alot of replay value.

Kids: Richie How about an Autograph?
    Richie: Sure boys
    Kid: Now who do I make it out to, just the dear Richie?

Now thats priceless.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How about this one:

Mike Munro: HOw did the nickname Phanto came about?

Ian Chappel: Ohh, yeh, funny story. We caught Bill reading a stack of The Phantom comic books. And the name just stuck (insert chappelli's stupid laugh)

Mike Munro: [Pause] AHAHAHAHAHAH

Or something like that!!!

Gotta love when they went through Bruce Reid snapping in half and his recovery. Tony Grieg's commentary during that part was hilarious

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or when Max does his Maxaphone during the start of the show.

Rob yells out "WHAT THE FUCK" on air.

MAX:Yes And still ahead on the fried world of breakfast we'll be giving the old dentures a workout as we crunch our way through a big bowl of muesli

Plus we'll be enjoying a citrus extravaganza when we pump in plenty of the old vitamin C with a hugh glass of OJ

And we'lll take you live to cholestrol city for some of the finest fried eggs with bacon and tomato you've ever seen
    All that a couple of pieces of golden-brown wholemeal toast
    ... Coming Up.

Now Rhys get some decent quotes.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or when Max does his Maxaphone during the start of the show.

Rob yells out "WHAT THE FUCK" on air.

MAX:Yes And still ahead on the fried world of breakfast we'll be giving the old dentures a workout as we crunch our way through a big bowl of muesli

Plus we'll be enjoying a citrus extravaganza when we pump in plenty of the old vitamin C with a hugh glass of OJ

And we'lll take you live to cholestrol city for some of the finest fried eggs with bacon and tomato you've ever seen
    All that a couple of pieces of golden-brown wholemeal toast
    ... Coming Up.

Now Rhys get some decent quotes.
    Yeh that was great. I can just picture his voice to!!

Funniest thing I have heard on all CD's? Is the cab driver, Theo Fuckinopolous.

Typical ethnic taxi driver, funny as hell!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Funniest thing I have heard on all CD's? Is the cab driver, Theo Fuckinopolous.
    Typical ethnic taxi driver, funny as hell!
    Let's see if I can remember those pieces.

Max: Hey my plane was late, I'll give you an extra $10 if you can get me to channel 9 in 20 minutes
    Theo: You make that $20 and I'll get you there in 30 minutes.
    Theo: What's your name again?
    Max: Oh come on, fair suck of the old celebraty, Max Walker, Big Max.
    Theo: Like the Hamburgers
    Max: Yeah... No fuck no, not like the bloody hamburgers. just big Max
    Theo: You know its strange I can always remember Kenny Sutcliffe's name, cos my wife is always going on about what a sexy guy he is.
    Max: Shit Eh
    Theo: Yeah my wife, my two daughters, my mother, they all think he's really good
    Max: What's the damage you maniac?
    Theo: Well its $19.70 plus the extra 20 so its $39.70... Oh could you do us a big favour for me? Could you get Kenny Sutcilffe's Autograph for me and my wife?
    Max: Sure just give me the change and I'll get Kenny to come out and do it here in person...... (tomorrow)
    Theo: Oh thanx mate, umm whats your name again?

Well there we go, thats most of it, I just cut out the bits that weren't funny and I couldnt remember. Spectacular Action!.

The Parcheesi
    When I first heard the Marshall ad on "Wired World of Sports", I nearly popped a hernia.

*couple in a car are stranded on a railway line while a train fast approaches*

Man & Woman: "OH SHIT FUCK!!"

*massive collision is heard*

Woman (in a weak voice): "I wonder how much they charge for a replacement husband..."

*footsteps approach*

Mechanic: "Where are you, lady?"

Woman: "I'm in the glove box..."

CLASSIC.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The Parcheesi
    *couple in a car are stranded on a railway line while a train fast approaches*

Man & Woman: "OH SHIT FUCK!!"

*massive collision is heard*

Woman (in a weak voice): "I wonder how much they charge for a replacement husband..."

*footsteps approach*

Mechanic: "Where are you, lady?"

Woman: "I'm in the glove box..."

Mechanic: Well usually a replacement husband is $15.90, but since I was late getting here I could let you have one for lets say... $15.

Finish the sketch parcheesi

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great memory Dave. I'm trying to remember the start of the Wired World of Sports, when they first went to air. When that guy with the deep voice says what the show will air.

Lobster racing and all that.

Another funny moment, is when they go for the classic moments bit.

Where you can win 5 dollars cold hard cash!!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great memory Dave. I'm trying to remember the start of the Wired World of Sports, when they first went to air. When that guy with the deep voice says what the show will air.
    Lobster racing and all that.
    Another funny moment, is when they go for the classic moments bit.
    Where you can win 5 dollars cold hard cash!!
    Actually the $5 give away was the 2nd WWOS. Alan Bond from Perth won it but he couldn't remember his address.

Also my memory is so good because I listerned to every tap in the last 5 days. Thats probably why. I'm a cheater.

Forza Milan!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah there is some funny shit on The 12th Man.

Phone rings, Max is half asleep.

MAX: Yello Max Walker.
    RICHY: Max.
    MAX: *cough* yes.
    RICHY: Richie Benaud.
    MAX: Yeah sure who is it?
    RICHY: Max its me, Richie Benaud
    MAX: *cough cough*yeah bullshit who is it?
    RICHIE: Max shut the fuck up, it's me u dopey bastard!

MRS WALKER: Oh listen, speaking of the show, Rob called last night while you were out, but we heard from...

MAX: Oh fuck, oh fuck, fuck, fuck, oh pardon my fucking french love but oh fuck, oh i fucked up.

BTW, have any of you's heard the Footy Wars. It's even funnier than the 12th Man. Classic!
    Last edited by The Shev; December 20th, 2001 at 6:41 AM.
    FORZA AC MILAN! Champions of Europe!

FORZA ITALIA!

Australia: The Greatest Sporting Nation in the World

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Commissioner Socko
    Yeah there is some funny shit on The 12th Man.

Phone rings, Max is half asleep.

MAX: Yello Max Walker.
    RICHY: Max.
    MAX: *cough* yes.
    RICHY: Richie Benaud.
    MAX: Yeah sure who is it?
    RICHY: Max its me, Richie Benaud
    MAX: *cough cough*yeah bullshit who is it?
    RICHIE: Max shut the fuck up, it's me u dopey bastard!

MRS WALKER: Oh listen, speaking of the show, Rob called last night while you were out, but we heard from...

MAX: Oh fuck, oh fuck, fuck, fuck, oh pardon my fucking french love but oh fuck, oh i fucked up.

BTW, have any of you's heard the Footy Wars. It's even funnier than the 12th Man. Classic!
    If footy wars is done by Eric Bana, then it's shite. I bought it because i like Bana, but his voices were terrible and the whole thing was not funny. Birmingham is soo much better.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WHoah this thread dropped down to page 2,

Don't worry Your hero is here to save it.

WHOOOO.

I also own Footy Wars
    Rhys The Eric Bana One was called "Out Of Bounds"
    I own that one aswell.

The eric bana one does have shit voices, and it sits at the bottom of the pile.

Shit I own too many sporty CD's.

But still as I keep saying Still The 12th man beats the others.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the end of the year only a few days away, I thought it might be time to hold a Best of the Best awards in the year 2001. This year has thrown up a lot of issues, stories, great innings, and the odd bit of controversy. The awards are for both Test and One Dayers, and they are for the whole world of cricket, and not just Australia, even if most of the awards will go to them.

The Awards range from:
    (Test / One Dayers)
    Best Batter for 2001:
    Best Bowler for 2001:

(Test / One Dayers)
    Best Team for 2001:
    Worst Team for 2001:

(Test / One Dayers)
    In your opinion, Your World XI:

Ok, it's time to go with some individual awards, such as:
    (Test / One Dayers)
    Most dominant innings of the Year:
    Most dominant bowling effort:
    Most dominant partnership:

Most Underrated:
    Most Overrated:

Issues in World Cricket:

Most Controversial issue:
    The Impact player in world cricket(i.e who has the most infulence):
    The team least deserving to be in the ICC:

If there is any other awards, just add them to the list. I will leave this, to save you guys deleting the names.

Ah yes, my 400 post...yay for me.

You're a dork!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm guys I soughta have another couple of questions..
    If someone retires, can they come back again and bat?
    If a team declares, can they pick up where they left off?
    What reasons do you need to retire?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummm guys I soughta have another couple of questions..
    If someone retires, can they come back again and bat?
    Yes, provided that they are not the last batter. When a batter retires, provided that they are fit enough (which is the batters discresion(sp)), they can return to the field, once somebody has gone out. If the innings has been declared or all avaliable wickets taken (i.e 9 wickets and the retired batter is unavaliable to come out), the innings is closed.

If a team declares, can they pick up where they left off?
    What reasons do you need to retire?
    When a team declares, it simply means that the captain of the batting team has ended their respective innings, without losing the 10 wickets. A team cannot return to their innings once it has been declared, it simply becomes a finish innings.

The bowling team then goes out to have a bat.
    Last edited by kore_terminator; December 22nd, 2001 at 9:51 AM.

da_special_one
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Batter for 2001:
    Marcus Trescothick

Best Bowler for 2001:
    Andy Caddick

Best Team for 2001:
    England

Worst Team for 2001:
    New Zealand

Butcher
    Trescothick
    Hussain (c)
    Thorpe
    Ramprakash
    Flintoff
    Foster (wkt)
    Gough
    Caddick
    Giles
    Hoggard

Mark Butcher Vs Australia (4th Ashes test) - 173 not out

Alex Tudor Vs Australia (3rd Ashes Test) - 15.5 ~ 5 ~ 44 ~ 5

Butcher + Hussain (4th Ashes Test) - 181

Most Underrated:
    Ashley Giles

Most Overrated:
    Sachin Tendulkar

Nasser Hussain

India

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I found the Law on retiring batsmen.

LAW 2
    9. Batsman leaving the field or retiring
    A batsman may retire at any time during his innings. The umpires, before allowing play to proceed, shall be informed of the reason for a batsman retiring.
    (a) If a batsman retires because of illness, injury or any other unavoidable cause, he is entitled to resume his innings subject to (c) below. If for any reason he does not do so, his innings is to be recorded as ‘Retired – not out’.
    (b) If a batsman retires for any reason other than as in (a) above, he may only resume his innings with the consent of the opposing captain. If for any reason he does not resume his innings it is to be recorded as ‘Retired – out’.
    (c) If after retiring a batsman resumes his innings, it shall be only at the fall of a wicket or the retirement of another batsman.

10. Commencement of a batsman’s innings
    Except at the start of a side’s innings, a batsman shall be considered to have commenced his innings when he first steps on to the field of play, provided Time has not been called. The innings of the opening batsmen, and that of any new batsman at the resumption of play after a call of Time, shall commence at the call of Play.

Retiring team. Declaration.

LAW 14
    1. Time of declaration
    The captain of the batting side may declare an innings closed, when the ball is dead, at any time during a match.

Well there we go.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Batter for 2001:
    Hayden

Best Bowler for 2001:
    McGrath

Best Team for 2001:
    Australia

Worst Team for 2001:
    England

Hayden
    G.Flower
    Ponting
    Tendulkar
    S.Waugh
    Fleming
    Gilchrist
    Saqlain
    Gillespie
    Gough
    McGrath
    With Shane Warne waddling the drinks out!

Whatever Hayden made in that last test against South Africa

Whenever McGrath gets the ball

Fucked if I know

Most Underrated:
    Damien Martyn

Most Overrated:
    Mark Waugh

Tendulkar/Steve Waugh

England

Great to see your passionate about your country Paul. But seriously, Hussain the impact player of the world

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Best Batter for 2001:
    Matthew Hayden

Best Bowler for 2001:
    Harbajahn Singh / Glenn McGrath

Best Team for 2001:
    Australia

Worst Team for 2001:
    Zimbabwe

Matthew Hayden
    G.Flower
    Sachin Tendulkar
    De Silva
    Langer
    Gilchrist
    Warne
    Pollock
    Singh
    Gillespie
    McGrath
    12th man Lance Kluesner

Matthew Hayden in India

Harbajahn Singh also in India against Australia

Hayden and Langer 4 100+ opening partnership stands

Most Underrated:
    Marlon Samuels

Most Overrated:
    Graeme Thorpe
    Tendulkar/McGrath

Zimbabwe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Merry christmas guys, and whilst I wait for the rest of the family to rock up for lunch, i've decided to post some Breaking News.

Jason Gillespie has been ruled out of the Boxing day test due to a sore right shoulder. An absolute tragedy, since 1996 he has only fully completed one boxing day test (Last year against WI - 9/88 Match figures) whilst breaking down in 1996 after 3 overs. His replacment is one Brad Williams (what?), former Victorian now Western Australian. Don't expect him to play, its more likely that Andy '12 is better than 13th man' Bichel to take the 3rd paceman's spot.

Reckless
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well havn't I had a good day. Firstly i had to work, then rushed of to the train station and went to the M.C.G where I watched a total of 12 balls before it rained soo hard that I couldn't be bothered staying. From the looks of things, it didn't look like getting another ball in, so i didn't mind going. So, I'm just about home and it started again.

FUCK

25 bucks for fuck all!

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah the boxing day test is always ridden with rain. Last year was a sligh exception with half a day, but the years before that have been shithouse.

bad Luck Rhys.

Well this is my first post in 2 days after the Xmas season. I had both days with each side of the family.

The other bad thing is at work, the reception is so shit that I cannot pick-up 774 because im on the tip of the mornington peninsula. DAMN THEM TO HELL.

But at least I got the new 12th man release. Damn good, even though I was half awake at the time. It was a bit jumpy as in the comedy was in spots where the storyline wasnt but its not that bad. It should be majorly interwined. Good enough anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Live Scorecard sponsored by LG Electronics
    South Africa 89/3 (40.0 ov)
    Stumps - Day 1 - Play abandoned at 6:27pm South Africa RR: 2.22
    ND McKenzie (RHB) 14*
    JH Kallis (RHB) 22*

I got this from Cricket.org (Home of the cricket, or something like that), and the rain has YET AGAIN stuffed us up. Bloody Melbourne weather, it doesnt rain in Winter, but its a convenient cricket killer in the Summer. Donald is in the team, and there is no way that he will be any sort of a presence. If he makes it through the test, then there is hope for him. If not, I like most others see yet another Australia victory.

Paranoid Reculse
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well there we go.

Australia has won the series against SA.

In 4 days, with day 1 being wiped out with rain.

Just to how we are number 1 in the world.

10 runs required in the last innings we're pegged off in 20 minutes.

Hayden picked up MOTM, with his 2 great catches and 138 runs.

I'm too lazy to write somethin of value.

Back to the top we go

WEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might just be time for more viewer questions. There is no point of commenting on the current test series, when it is clearly apparent that the South Africans suck major ass. A 3-0 sweep should be the end result of the current test series, and nothing short of a dominating victory will be accepted.

With that said, the one dayers are approching and it is time to dust of the beer hats and practice the 'You are a wanker' and '10 - 9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1 yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaahhhhh' (Mexican Wave) and the very popular 'Your goin home in the back of a divy van' chants.

Vic Bushranger
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Guys....I am going to share my day with yous yesterday as it was a day I wont forget in a long time...
    Left Leongatha at about 7:20am to head to the MCG to go and watch the 4th day and to be the final day of the test match....
    But the main reason I was going was to Train as we had Vic U/17 training at the nets there...
    But when we arrived a few of us met up and we found the coach...

And he says.."Look you bowlers..you might have a bit of an extra training today......(As I am a bowler) I thought fuck this......
    And then he says..."You boys have to go out and have a bowl to the South Africans.....And I thought.....Sensational!!
    So us Bowlers went out there....and it was sensational...
    Looking around and mingling with the whole team was pretty awesome...

They are all alot bigger than I thought they were....Donald is a huge man...
    So I started bowling...To Boeta Dippenar first...he just worked anything loose away...
    Then Kallis came into our net...I got a few to beat the bat but he also smashed anything off a good length which was frustrating...
    then Glenn McGrath came in to have a bat....He was with Buchanan and he was throwing some balls at him...then he asked us to bowl a couple at him....So we did.....I tell you what...He may look like a bunny out on the pitch..But he can actually handle the bat a little bit...

I was there next to Hayward, Ntini, Donald and Pollock....watching them bowl....
    Bloody quick!!!....I cant see how they can do it....But I suppose they are pretty big in the shoulders...And I think that maybe one day I will be able to do that...Its not beyond me...
    after a 45 min session they all went in to have a stretch and get ready...

So we went and watch a bit of the first session and then went back out there at 12:00 to have our own session...
    It was about 36 degrees and they expeceted us to bowl flat chat for up to 1 and a half hours straight!!...So we bowled for ages...And it was really funny....cause we got heaps of people watching us train....like I mean Heaps!....and it felt as if you did something wrong they would be onto you about it.....we had a few people giving us stick..but I gathered they were from nsw or something...

So we finished bowling and we had to go and have a bat....(this is me and the other opening Bowler Blakey)..and I was feeling pretty stuffed...But I had a closer look at him...and he was a mess....He started shaking...then he just fell to the ground...
    He was dehydrated...so he sat out and didnt worry about batting...and I got in there with a gallery of people behind me...just staring at me...it was so weird...So I just intended to bat normally...Cause we were told there would be some big profile people watching from Victorian and Australian Cricket....so I just worked the ball around for a while....it was bloody hot under that Helmet might I add!!!....Then I started to have a crack..my usual style...cracked a few balls around....and then one of the other coached started making me run 3's!!...Now I was in a bit of pain.....

Finally we got called in....then we did a warm down...and I was s.t.ruggling......I then got the shakes and took a seat...
    We headed inside got changed and we all had Restricted Members passes...So we all went in there and watched Australia slaughter the helpless South Africans....
    (But I put it down to my bowling shaking them up that morning)
    So that was my day.....

Forza Milan!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice one Aussie Ando!

Well, once again Australia prove that we are the most dominate force in world cricket. We have destroyed the highly-rated South Afrikaans. No we demolished them. No we made sure that they will never be able to look themselves in the mirror, ever again!

Good stuff fellas, now lets begin the pub-crawling and grab a few cold ones.

As long as it's the light stuff, I'll be happy to go!

What! Light beer! What the hells the matter with you. You dropped from the test team!

But...

I said get out!

Fine...but you're missing one of the finest bowlers in the world.

Just get out you weak pussy. Light beer is for Poms! Aussies drink the real shit!

Well who are you going to get to replace me then?

Well, there's that Commissioner Socko bloke from Victoria PURA Cup Squad. He bowls rockets and somehow manages to get to the other end of the pitch and keep his own balls. What a star! I don't know why he hasn't already been chosen. And did I mention that he is as deadly as a snake in the field. Oh yeah, he has the safest set of hands and the best arm in the world. Oh yeah, and he knows how to bat too. He once made 576 runs in one innings. Of course it was in backyard cricket, but it's still a world-record. Now let's hit the town fellas, we've got a lot of work to do!
    FORZA AC MILAN! Champions of Europe!

FORZA ITALIA!

Australia: The Greatest Sporting Nation in the World