User Tag List

Page 3 of 181 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL Thread

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god. Go out of your way to watch the highlights to tonight's hockey action, and make sure to watch the ones from the Coyotes/Oilers game extra closely. And be on the lookout for Comrie's goal.

I've seen plently of pretty goals over my life, but this one is defintley in the top ten or so. Just such a thing of beauty. Used his speed coming in, waited until the perfect time to make his move, then showed the finish of a player who has played ten years more than him to put it away.

Just wow.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Originally posted by Psychosport2000

Uh, Rajah...

VAN is in 8th place with 90 points.

EDM is in 9th.

And if Phoenix can take care of Edmonton tonight...

Woooooo.
    I meant 9th obviously, since if they were in 8th, the whole discussion would be irrelevant.

Anyway, Oilers win! The pressure is back on Vancouver with that huge game in LA tomorrow cause Edmonton has two relatively easy games left.

And yes, Comrie's goal was a thing of beauty.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well St. Louis still has not clinched but they should hold on and keep the record alive. They pretty much own all tie-breakers that they may come across.

Okay thoughts on the whole playoff thing. I have always hated any sport that lets division winners have higher seeds. Look at Toronto. They have the second most points in their conference but are looking at a 4th seed. For various points this season St. Louis had more points than the other two division leaders in its conference and was standing 5th in the playoff picture due to being third in their division. Now that is not true now though. I think that it should go by record no matter what. Now I think that the division leaders should be guarenteed a spot but not a top spot if some one is better during the season.

Before they changed the system one year Ole Miss' baseball team was screwed out of playing in the SEC tournament. Only 8 teams play in it instead of all 12. They finished 6th(last) in the West but they had a better record than the third place East team but at the time the top three teams from the two divisions were in as the top 6 seeds and two wild cards. They have now changed that where it is the top two teams from each division and 4 wild cards. So one whole division can get it in if there is another case like that year that Ole Miss got screwed. And in fact one year that happened again but all six teams from the West got in. Still not the best system but at least now the top 8 teams can get in.

But basically each playoff system has flaws but when you have three divisions per conference it should be record that gets you a seed and not winning a easy division. A team with the second best record should not have to be a 4th seed.

The Wisco Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well thats it. Montreal beat Ottawa Tuesday night to clinch the 8th spot in the East...and last night Carolina beat Tampa Bay to lock the Southeast. The Caps are officially eliminated from the playoffs.

Motherfucker.

Go.....Kings I guess.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New Jersey has the lowest GAA in the NHL since Constantine took over as head coach. .

Brodeur is the first goalie in NHL history to win 35 games in six straight seasons. He could challenge Roy's all-time win record.

The Devs beat Philly 1-0 yesterday to jump in front of the Islanders. They'll likely stay in sixth place and play Carolina, which should be an easy first round victory.

Hooray.

Watch Your Fucking Mouth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Images and Words
    New Jersey has the lowest GAA in the NHL since Constantine took over as head coach. .

Brodeur is the first goalie in NHL history to win 35 games in six straight seasons. He could challenge Roy's all-time win record.

The Devs beat Philly 1-0 yesterday to jump in front of the Islanders. They'll likely stay in sixth place and play Carolina, which should be an easy first round victory.

Hooray.
    Hooray is coorect.

But unfortunately Carolina might not be an easy first round victory. They are a much better team than they were last year and have beaten the Devils this season. Also the Devils are a different team than the were last year too. I don't know if it is for the better quite yet.

I think it should make an interesting match-up. However I do believe the Devils will win and advance, but i don't believe it will be easy for them.

Big thanks to the Cool One for the sig

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    First of all, screw the Eastern Conference. The West is where it's at.

Anyway, Vancouver kicks LA's ass tonight to not only position themselves even better for a playoff spot, but to leapfrog over Phoenix to jump into 7th. It's still a dogfight near the bottom so here is my summary of how things fall into place:

1) Detroit - 115pts (2 games left)
    2) San Jose - 97pts (1 game left)
    3) Colorado - 96pts (2 games left)
    4) St. Louis - 94pts (2 games left)
    5) Chicago - 94pts (2 games left)
    6) Los Angeles - 93pts (2 games left)
    7) Vancouver - 92pts (1 game left)
    8) Phoenix - 91pts (2 games left)
    ===
    9) Edmonton - 90pts (2 games left)
    10) Dallas - 87pts (2 games left)

First things first, with Vancouver's win, Dallas is officially eliminated unless I screwed up somewhere. They have two games left which means they can get 91pts tops, but they would lose the tiebreaker to Phoenix. Vancouver has only one game left; if they win it, they're in. Anything less and they no longer control their own destiny and can't have Phoenix and Edmonton both win their games left. Edmonton has two games left. If they win both of their games, they still need either Vancouver or Phoenix to lose a game or in Vancouver's case even tie to slip into 8th. Suffice to say, it looks it will all come down to the last day of the season. I can't even remember a playoff race so close and exciting in ANY sport!

Did I miss anything?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the eight years that I have been following the Canucks (or hockey for that matter) I can't remember being this into it. Even in the '94 playoff run, I don't think I was this much into the game. This, quite simply, is awesome. Very exciting, very intense, even if the Canucks don't make it in, it will have still been an amazing finish to their crappy start.

Hopefully Iginla will have a great game tomorrow and Cal can knock off Edmonton, then we'd clinch baby! An added bonus if Calgary then sucks the night after.

Woooo I'm lovin' this. An awesome playoff race, and Canada winning both goals in the Olympics. What a year for hockey.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Whoooooooo! St. Louis has clinched a spot in the playoffs and jumped up to 4th with two games left to go. Way to go Blues!

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get too excited MTR, the Hawks are going to get that 4th spot, if it kills me. At least they clinched for the first time in 5 years. Now, they need to get home ice for the first round!! Should be a good series with the Blues though.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hey Quinndog, it's me and you in the finals of the Rajah Hockey League championships. You're going down, boy!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I see I'm losing.....I hope my team comes around and makes a come back!!! You dang Canadians think you own hockey or something!

Watch Your Fucking Mouth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by isuquinndog
    You dang Canadians think you own hockey or something!
    They do......

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Well Oilers lost, which means all the teams in the playoffs in both conferences are now determined.

In the West, we find out over the weekend who gets to play and lose to the Red Wings.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THANK YOU TUREK!

Woo. Thanks to this man's awesome performance tonight, in by the way, an awesome game, the Canucks are now in the playoffs guaranteed.

Awesomeness.

Bring 'em on, bring 'em all on, we're ready to sweep Detroit, baby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, school must be taking up too much of my time. I eat, drink, and sleep sports yet I didnt see that Colorado tied an NHL record Tuesday by being the division champ 8 times in a row. Talk about a dynasty. Anyway, sorry about the Oilers Raj. At least your Wings or even worse, my Av's, didnt have to eliminate them. At least your Canucks are in Pscyho. But I've said it once and ill say it again Red Wings vs. Avalanche 2002 Western Conference Finals. It has to happen. We didnt get to meet up in the playoffs last year because someone *hint hint* got eliminated in the 1st round .

.....Please dont ban me.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Don't even start with last year man. But there were perfectly good reasons for the elimination last year that won't be repeated this year:

Not enough offense
    No Hasek
    No Stevie!

This year will be different. I have never seen Detroit have a deeper team than this year and they have lots of young guys chipping in too. I just hope they don't face the Canucks in the first round. I'd like the 'Nucks to slip into 7th and battle the Avalanche.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Originally posted by Rajah
    Don't even start with last year man. But there were perfectly good reasons for the elimination last year that won't be repeated this year:

Not enough offense
    No Hasek
    No Stevie!

This year will be different. I have never seen Detroit have a deeper team than this year and they have lots of young guys chipping in too. I just hope they don't face the Canucks in the first round. I'd like the 'Nucks to slip into 7th and battle the Avalanche.
    We will have some stuff we were lacking last year too. Peter "the Great". Peter Forsburg's return is sounding imminent (as long as he doesn't hurt his foot again ) and soon we will have that star center back that we lost last year eliminating the kings in 7 games. And in place of Raymond Bourque we have Kasparitis (sp?). Plus we have Roy doing his same old thing. God if they don't play this year, I'm going to have to shoot myself. Now watch the Av's go and lose. It'd figure .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! CANUCKS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought we were out for sure this year a few months back, but little did I know we would go on to be the hottest team in the NHL since christmas and rival the Red Wings in goals. Insane. And now that first rounder we gave up for Linden doesn't hurt nearly as much had we not made the playoffs. I just hope we make it to 7th in the conference and face Colorado. San Jose and Detroit would be too much for us I think. I don't know if anyone will be able to stop Detroit. If we do face Detroit I hope Yzerman goes down with an injury like last year, .

But for now, I can remain happy, cause the Flames actually came through for us. Go Nucks! Linden back in the playoffs in Vancouver baby!!!!!!!!

One question Raj, how long have you liked the Red Wings? Cause if its only been since Detroit won in 97 that would make me sad.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Okay, I'm doing the rumors right now but I can take a break and talk some hockey...

I really want the Canucks to play the Avalanche. Both teams will beat each other up bad and whoever wins will probably make it a lot easier on my Red Wings.

Man, I feel like walking up to you and giving you a big whack up side of the head for that wisecrack on Yzerman and getting hurt. Don't even think that in my presence!

And as for me liking the Wings, I basically liked Steve Yzerman first and then the Red Wings but I would estimate it was since I was about 10 or 11 (which was like 1988ish). I remember doing my Grade 7 speech on Stevie (we had to do like a public speaking thing each year through Junior High) so it was definitely before that. Don't worry, I went through all the heartbreak of the late 80s when they didn't even make the playoffs and the early 90s when they'd get knocked out in the first round like virtually every year.

Anywho, back to the rumazzzzz.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good good. I just hate people that only like the good teams. Good to know you had to suffer through with the Red Wings all those years. At least your team got a cup.

I remember laughing about the wings for having two guys having their name start with Y. Yzerman was one, but I can't remember for the life of me the other........I also remember when Federov came to town and stole the hearts of a lot of the fans, and then the trade rumors around Stevie started, about how he wasn't a good enough captain. That pissed me off cause Steve Y is way better then Federov IMO. Yzerman is one of the best captains the NHL has ever had, and even had the season where he was right behind Gretz and Lemiuex in points. As for the playoffs, I think the Canucks could give Detroit a run for their money, so they would want to face L.A. or Pheonix, but probably L.A. L.A.'s top line has been choking as of late, and Potvin is always suspect in net, but that being said, they did kick the Wings asses last year. In any case, the Wings shouldn't have gotten Hasek, because Osgood was just as good. Wings don't need anymore stars to help them win the cup. Although Hasek needs a ring since he was screwed in Buffalo by Hull's skate in the crease! Anyways, time to go back to my dreams of the Canucks winning the cup........At least I get to use "towel power" again this year.

P.S. How about Shannie, Lidstrom, and Hasek go down with injuries instead, then? Deal? Good.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The other guy was Paul Ysebaert. Decent player, but only really had one or two good years. I certainly think he put up stats like he did cause he was on Fedorov's line.

And the Fedorov thing really did piss me off. It all started in like 1993-94, Yzerman went down with a knee injury (poor guy has two fucked up knees) and missed like 30 games. Anyway, Fedorov stepped up and totally dominated the league and even challenged Gretzky for the Art Ross. I remember after that, a lot of Wings fans were actually suggesting that Yzerman be traded so that Fedorov could be the #1 center full-time. It really annoyed me I swear. Second time that Detroit considered trading Yzerman away; the first was in the early 90s when they pitched Stevie and a bunch of draft picks for Lindros - thank god that never happened! But anyway, yeah Yzerman has kicked ass his whole career. Back in the 80s, he used to score a bucket load of points (in 88-89, he scored like 155pts - only Gretz and Mario have scored more, EVER.) but his team never really got anywhere. When Scotty came in, he convinced Yzerman to play an all-around game cause it would help the team. And of course, he obliged and instead of scoring his 100+ pts, he dropped down to the 80s but totally shut down other teams' top lines. He finally got his due by winning the Selke a few years ago.

Okay, I'm gonna go to bed now, but one thing to remember: Nick Lidstrom is as tough and dependable as they come. That guy is incredible. He's a machine - plays 30 minutes a night, plays impeccable defense (almost impossible to beat one-on-one), doesn't take any penalties and almost always is in the top 5 defense scoring. And he never gets hurt (knock on wood). Can't really ask for anything more.

And I'm out. I be back tomorrow or Sunday to talk hockey.

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Kid_Roll
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! CANUCKS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Organic.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel that the wings have the edge, but they are going to choke on their opprotunity.

You stay classy Planet Earth Jason_HBK's Avatar
    HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn you Calgary. Damn youuuuuuuuuu

Oh well, Go Habs.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the Nucks will get to face the Avs in the first round. Every game these two play is awesome. The series last year was excellent (even though we got sweeped ). But, whoever does end up facing the Canucks better not underestimate them, or they are fucked

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope the Nucks will get to face the Avs in the first round. Every game these two play is awesome. The series last year was excellent (even though we got sweeped ). But, whoever does end up facing the Canucks better not underestimate them, or they are fucked
    They can still get home ice advantage with a little help from above .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, that was a great series last year. I'm hoping for another Av/Nuck series too. Isn't Marc Crawford still the coach? It's always fun to see former players (or in this case, coaches) playing against you. And you're in luck, the Av's are sorta slumping. We need Forsberg back fast.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Detroit lost today to St. Louis in OT. But the funniest/stupidest thing was the way the OT goal was scored. With the play in Detroit's zone, Hasek left his crease to like push Doug Weight and Chris Pronger just shot it into the empty net. Stupid stupid Hasek.

And Yzerman didn't play! Whassupwitdat?!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Detroit lost today to St. Louis in OT. But the funniest/stupidest thing was the way the OT goal was scored. With the play in Detroit's zone, Hasek left his crease to like push Doug Weight and Chris Pronger just shot it into the empty net. Stupid stupid Hasek.

And Yzerman didn't play! Whassupwitdat?!
    Hasek is just copying Patrick Roy. Last year in Game 3 or 4 of the Cup finals, Roy tried to play the puck from behind the net and got scored on for it. Does that mean Detroit doesnt get a point though? If you pull your goalie in OT and lose, you get nothing and Hasek was out of the crease. Its one of those controversy calls or maybe not. Ah well, to Detroit its just like Who's Line Is It Anyway? The points don't matter .

Intercontinental Champion BoSox Rule's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woooooo! Boston Bruins 2001-2002 Eastern Conference champions. YEAH!

C.R.W.
    Notice: If you noticed this notice then you would notice that this notice is not worth noticing at all!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One game left until the playoffs begin. The teams that are in are in and the teams that are out are out. Only a little fight over the seeds and then it happens. The season is wiped and we start a new season. 4 loses and you're gone. The most intense hockey is played now for one goal, the Stanley Cup. All I have to say about that is........................

Whatchagonnadooooooo when the Avalanche run wild on youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu. Man, I can't wait. *sits in the same place waiting for the playoffs to begin*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well. the Av's are slumping still, as is apparent in their being down 1-0 to Dallas (a non playoff team) as of the start of the 3rd period. And the Red Wings are losing near the end of the first period against dallas. How demoralizing would it be if the Wings lost 2 straight to the Blues at the end of the season. If they were to play each other in the playoffs, St. Louis would have the definate mental edge. I want the Wings to win tioday, just so we can have Red Wings vs. Avalanche 2002 Western Conference Finals happen easier. I just said I want the Red Wings to win. What's wrong with me!!!!!!??????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god! Pheonix was down 4-2 and came back and is now winning 5-4 over Nashville with 10 minutes left in the third, and I don't see Nashville coming back! Which means instead of facing Colorado my Canucks face Detroit. AHHHHHHHH! That's the one team that could easily dismantle my Canucks. Now I really do hope Stevie Y goes down with a knee injury.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Holy shit, this is gonna be an interesting first round. Arguably the two most dangerous "underdog" teams, Vancouver and LA, face off against Detroit and Colorado, respectively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see L.A. beating Colorado. I dunno, I just think they won't be able to beat the 'Lanche. But I still think the series will go to 6 or 7 games. As for the Canucks, I say the beat Detroit in 4. You heard me. Might as well go all out on this one.

I can't wait to go the games!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Detroit will take Vancouver is six games. If the Red Wings do lose, which wouldn't surprise me given the way these two teams have been playing as of late, it certainly will not be in four straight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know it won't be in four straight, but if for some reason, like Crawford made a pact with the devil, and they do win in 4, I will look really really smart, heh.

But yeah, this series hopefully goes more then 4, I don't want to see the Canucks getting swept again. It all rests on if Cloutier can raise his level of play to meet Hasek's, and if the other lines for the Canucks keep scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So my team is against the LA Kings. How cool would it be if Peter Forsberg came back against the team that put him out of action for a year. But of course it is just the 1st step in the route to the Red Wings vs. the Avalanche 2002 Western Conference Finals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't see L.A. beating Colorado. I dunno, I just think they won't be able to beat the 'Lanche. But I still think the series will go to 6 or 7 games.
    I'd normally agree with you on the Av's game, but they are in a slump right now. If they get out of it quickly, they'll win, but if they stay in the funk too long, they are history. *prays to the hockey gods to bring the Av's away from the funk*

edit: O yea, I almost forgot. Rajah, you must be hoping that St. Louis doesn't get far enough to play the Wings. They've proved themselves this week, even if the games didn't matter.
    Last edited by The_shad; April 14th, 2002 at 8:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The_shad

I'd normally agree with you on the Av's game, but they are in a slump right now. If they get out of it quickly, they'll win, but if they stay in the funk too long, they are history. *prays to the hockey gods to bring the Av's away from the funk*

edit: O yea, I almost forgot. Rajah, you must be hoping that St. Louis doesn't get far enough to play the Wings. They've proved themselves this week, even if the games didn't matter.

They've proved nothing. They still have no goalie, which is what is going to kill them. St. Louis will never win a cup until they get a proven goalie. Phillie was amazing back in the 90's, but they had no goalie, so they lost, too. Goalies are everything come playoff time. Only Detroit was able to win with no goalie, but that's cause they were special. Stupid Osgood and his stupid Hasek-wannabe mask.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They've proved nothing. They still have no goalie, which is what is going to kill them. St. Louis will never win a cup until they get a proven goalie. Phillie was amazing back in the 90's, but they had no goalie, so they lost, too. Goalies are everything come playoff time. Only Detroit was able to win with no goalie, but that's cause they were special. Stupid Osgood and his stupid Hasek-wannabe mask.
    Their goalie, Brent Johnson, may not be proven, but this is his first full year in the NHL. His stats aren't that bad and its an improvement, I think, over their goalie last year who was brutally destroyed last season by the Avalanche. Philly may not have done anything because they had no proven goalie, but its too early to tell with Johnson whether he'll work out for the team. Anyway, look at Pittsburg last year. Super Mario, Jagr, and Kaspiritis (sp?), but can you name the goalie. If only the Devils weren't as dominating as they were (they ALMOST won the Cup), Pittsburg would have been in the finals without a goalie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Johan Hedberg was their goalie, and he was pretty good. But not good enough which is why the Devils with Broduer went on to beat them. And then lose to stupid Ray "buy me a cup" Bourque. God, CBC shoved him down our throats last year, I hated that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so you can tell me who the Pittsburg goalie was. *thinks* Ah, I'm all out of ideas. MTR will defend the Blues sooner or later anyway. I'm sensing some hostility against Ray "I retired on top like John Elway" Bourque. Boston was nice enough to trade one of their favorite and best players so he could try to win a Stanley Cup. The Av's general manager (one of the best in the game) picked him up and then a year later, Bourque got the Stanley cup he was missing for 22 years. It's an inspirational story. The news networks may have made a little too much out of it, but Bourque is a sure fire Hall of Famer. What if Gretsky (the real great one, not The Rock) had won his first cup after 22 years. It was just a little less than that would have been. Why not ignore CBC anyway if you didn't like the Bourque stuff? I mute my TV when those damn Toyota soap opera comercails come on. They annoy me. They EXTREMELY annoy me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was the whole over-hyped media frenzy about the whole thing that annoyed me. I was glad he won the cup, but barely happy for him after having to listen to "Misson 16 W" five million times. I mean, give me a break, who doesn't go into the playoffs with "MIssion: 16 W" on their minds? Everyone has that same bloody mission. It wasnt like Colorado was like "Oh, Ray wants a cup, lets try winning 16 of our playoff games this year instead of 11." Anyways, Ray won his cup, but I still think it would have been cool had he come back and played one more year for Boston, heh.

And Elway won his superbowl on his own team, and did it afer struggling on that team for a long time, so I have to give more credit to John just for that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, Mission 16W was overhyped and yea, Bourque didn't win the cup with his own team, but at the time, Boston was horrible and Ray's only chance was this. He was getting old. Even if the Av's didn't win, I think Bourque would have retired. The years were catching up on him. But I loved all the hype. O and kudos (sp?) on the John Elway comment. Anyone who respects Elway is cool in my books.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay here are our playoff matchups for round one....predictions anyone?

(1) DET v VAN (8)
    Detroit in 6....I like Vancouver quite a bit and think they'll be tough, but the Wings will be too much for this good young team

(2) COL v LOS (7)
    Should be an awesome series....I see the potential for an upset, with Felix Potvin going up against his childhood idol in Roy.
    LA in 7

(3) SAN v PHO (6)
    San Jose in 5 ...Phoenix played really well to get in the playoffs, but the Sharks will be too much, a very underrated team the Sharks are.

(4) STL v CHI (5)
    Awful series...boring to me anwyays.....St. Louis in 5...neither team will go far though

Eastern
    Quarterfinals
    (1) BOS v MON (8)
    Boston in 7...Montreal will be tough, they have a lot of heart but the Bruins are too deep at forward

(2) PHI v OTT (7)
    Phili in 5...sorry Ottawa another playoff loss, they just don't have the size at forward to match up with the Flyers

(3) CAR v NJD (6)
    A re-match of a decent opening round series from last year...I see the Devils as the Eastern conference favourites....Carolina hasn't played a big game in a long time....they'll be overmatched...New Jersey in 6

(4) TOR v NYI (5)
    I'm so happy being a lifelong Isles fan to see them back in the playoffs...against my hometown team as well. My two favourites in the first round....ahhh. The Leafs will be too much for the Isles...Leafs in 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Edges of Twilight
    Okay here are our playoff matchups for round one....predictions anyone?

(1) DET v VAN (8)
    Detroit in 6....I like Vancouver quite a bit and think they'll be tough, but the Wings will be too much for this good young team
    I agree with the decision, but I say 5 games.

(2) COL v LOS (7)
    Should be an awesome series....I see the potential for an upset, with Felix Potvin going up against his childhood idol in Roy.
    LA in 7
    *shake fist* Av's in 4. *glares*

(3) SAN v PHO (6)
    San Jose in 5 ...Phoenix played really well to get in the playoffs, but the Sharks will be too much, a very underrated team the Sharks are.

Phoenix in 6.

(4) STL v CHI (5)
    Awful series...boring to me anwyays.....St. Louis in 5...neither team will go far though
    St. Louis in however many just so I don't contradict myself by believing in the Blues.

Eastern
    Quarterfinals
    (1) BOS v MON (8)
    Boston in 7...Montreal will be tough, they have a lot of heart but the Bruins are too deep at forward
    Boston in 5.

(2) PHI v OTT (7)
    Phili in 5...sorry Ottawa another playoff loss, they just don't have the size at forward to match up with the Flyers
    Flyers in 6.

(3) CAR v NJD (6)
    A re-match of a decent opening round series from last year...I see the Devils as the Eastern conference favourites....Carolina hasn't played a big game in a long time....they'll be overmatched...New Jersey in 6.
    I have faith in Carolina in 6.

(4) TOR v NYI (5)
    I'm so happy being a lifelong Isles fan to see them back in the playoffs...against my hometown team as well. My two favourites in the first round....ahhh. The Leafs will be too much for the Isles...Leafs in 6
    Toronto because the ouija board told me. It forgot the games total.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I was actually going to make a Playoffs prediction thread but I guess there isn't enough people to do that. So here go my predictions. I was gonna throw in commentary but I'm gonna reserve that for my hockey site (cheap plug: http://www.hockeyinformer.com) which officially opens next week. Go visit it, okay?

Anyway...

Detroit over Vancouver in six.
    Colorado over Los Angeles in seven.
    San Jose over Phoenix in five.
    St. Louis over Chicago in five.

Boston over Montreal in six.
    Philadelphia over Ottawa in six.
    New Jersey over Carolina in five.
    Toronto over NY Islanders in six.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually going to make a Playoffs prediction thread but I guess there isn't enough people to do that. So here go my predictions. I was gonna throw in commentary but I'm gonna reserve that for my hockey site (cheap plug: http://www.hockeyinformer.com) which officially opens next week. Go visit it, okay?

Anyway...

Detroit over Vancouver in six.
    Colorado over Los Angeles in seven.
    San Jose over Phoenix in five.
    St. Louis over Chicago in five.

Boston over Montreal in six.
    Philadelphia over Ottawa in six.
    New Jersey over Carolina in five.
    Toronto over NY Islanders in six.
    What does everyone have against the Avalanche and Carolina? Sure, the Kings and Devils are good, but seriously. Well, okay, Carolina got in cheaply, but the Devils aren't the same team they used to be. And the Avalanche, c'mon. The Kings are physical and the Av's are slumping, but does that mean 7 games automatically. No. A slump can end anytime, especially if your best player is in the lineup when you were missing him and he has motivation. And this isn't my MAJOR bias speaking (okay, maybe a little). O and good luck with the new site Raj. It'll be on my favorites if its anything like this site. But how will RajahWWF be effected?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    LA always plays Colorado tough. Look at last year - went to 7 games. Plus, LA is playing a lot better this year. Their special teams kick ass. Plus, I heard Forsberg isn't guaranteed to play in the first round?

The new site is something I think I'll have fun with cause I'm probably a bigger hockey fan than I am a wrestling fan. I will surely not get anywhere near as popular as rajahwwf.com (since it's regional and seasonal) but I hope to get a decent fanbase if all goes well. I'm not expecting it to all of a sudden become the next nhl.com but I think if I invest good effort into it over the next few years, I can make it respectable. As for rajahwwf.com, it won't be affected in any way except you may see me use it to plug the hockey site. Regardless, I think I can handle running two sites but I guess we will find out.

Also, since I don't have much in the way of visitors right now, if anyone is interested in contributing to the hockey site, please drop me a line. I really want to gear it towards editorials and stuff so I'll probably be begging for columnists/writers soon.

Edit: I think we already have like 5 columnists which should be enough.
    Last edited by Rajah; April 15th, 2002 at 5:12 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with making a hockey site, Raj, is that NHL.com has all the information needed already. The reason this site is so damn awesome is because it has so much backstage info that WWF.com doesn't have. But, meh, should be fun for you. It's already in my favourites .

Okay, for the hockey talk.

It figures that every fucking team in the western conference wins , and VAN are forced to play detroit, and denied the pleasure of seeing a kick-ass Colarado/Vancouver series.

Oh, well, I don't believe Detroit has ever faced vancouver in the post season. should be a good one, especially if Hasek plays as stupid as he did a few days ago

As for the East, I would love to see Carolina win, that would be awesome, since everyone is giving them shit for being there.

And, fuck, Rajah, you're expecting to see three Canadian teams knocked out in the first round? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??!

First game Wednesday...Woohoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LA always plays Colorado tough. Look at last year - went to 7 games. Plus, LA is playing a lot better this year. Their special teams kick ass. Plus, I heard Forsberg isn't guaranteed to play in the first round?

The new site is something I think I'll have fun with cause I'm probably a bigger hockey fan than I am a wrestling fan. I will surely not get anywhere near as popular as rajahwwf.com (since it's regional and seasonal) but I hope to get a decent fanbase if all goes well. I'm not expecting it to all of a sudden become the next nhl.com but I think if I invest good effort into it over the next few years, I can make it respectable. As for rajahwwf.com, it won't be affected in any way except you may see me use it to plug the hockey site. Regardless, I think I can handle running two sites but I guess we will find out.

Also, since I don't have much in the way of visitors right now, if anyone is interested in contributing to the hockey site, please drop me a line. I really want to gear it towards editorials and stuff so I'll probably be begging for columnists/writers soon.
    Forsberg will play if he knows whats good for him. *grabs gun from holster* Well, it's good to know that you'll only shamelessly plug HockeyInformer.com and it won't affect RajahWWF . By the way, just wondering, why HockeyInformer.com instead of a name like RajahNHL.com? More hits? RajahNHL. taken? (who would take that name other than you anyway?) The government?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The problem with making a hockey site, Raj, is that NHL.com has all the information needed already. The reason this site is so damn awesome is because it has so much backstage info that WWF.com doesn't have. But, meh, should be fun for you. It's already in my favourites .

Okay, for the hockey talk.

It figures that every fucking team in the western conference wins , and VAN are forced to play detroit, and denied the pleasure of seeing a kick-ass Colarado/Vancouver series.

Oh, well, I don't believe Detroit has ever faced vancouver in the post season. should be a good one, especially if Hasek plays as stupid as he did a few days ago

As for the East, I would love to see Carolina win, that would be awesome, since everyone is giving them shit for being there.

And, fuck, Rajah, you're expecting to see three Canadian teams knocked out in the first round? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU??!

First game Wednesday...Woohoo!
    That's Murphy's Law for ya. Whatever can go wrong will go wrong. O well, I believe LA will be easier (unlike some people!!! hint hint ) and the Av's (if they win) get a great series later no matter who wins your series. Wooooo! Yes! Another person who believes in Carolina. I you. Ok, maybe not that much. Hmmmm, I didn't realize Rajah said 3 Canadian teams would go at first. Now I know why I shouldn't be a detective. I can't even figure out the shows . Wednesday games. 1 day without ANY hockey. *faints*

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hey I make my predictions without any bias! I'd love to see every Canadian team make it to the second round EXCEPT Vancouver. I'm sorry, but my beloved Wings come first.

And as for the site:

I'm definitely not going to aim to be like nhl.com or whatever the top hockey sites are. That's why I'm gearing it more towards editorials because I think there that there are a lot of people out there, including me, who not only can write some interesting hockey pieces, but also would read it. But really, it's just for fun. I've actually been kinda bored of rajahwwf.com as of late. Not gonna quit it or anything but I need another project to keep me online.

And the name, there was NO WAY I was gonna register another domain with my name in it or one with the NHL trademark or god forbid both. I really wish I didn't name this site "rajahwwf.com" but back then, I didn't exactly think ahead and in no way did I expect the site to get so big. And the NHL part...I think I've had enough fun with the WWF trademark lawyers. No need to get the NHL attorneys involved too!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Okay St. Louis beat the Detriot RedWings for the first time in two years on Saturday and then knocked them off again on Sunday. Now on Sunday both teams rested a lot of players especially the Blues.

Now St. Louis has great talent that has not really played as well as they should have this year. They have played well in great spurts. They won ten in a row earlier this season before the All-Star game. But then it took them a week or so to win a game after the Olympic break.

Now we do not have a dominate goalie. We do not have a Hasek or Roy but we have two good goalies. One has only played in like 25 games. They are both good and the rotation thing seems to work to a degree. I don't think either are good enough to take a team to a cup or lead a team through a whole season but I think the two of them have done well together to get this team where they are at.

If St. Louis keeps playing like this they will take out Chicago in 4 or 5 and then move on to Detroit. Now just because we won the last two games against Detroit does not mean anything. The last two seasons they have dominated us. Plus it is playoff time and things are different.

St. Louis basically blew their best chance at a cup two years ago when they finished best in the league and then lost in the first round to the 8th seed Sharks in 7. Last year they dominated the first half of the season and then waned but still finished 4th and took out the Sharks and Dallas before losing in the Conference finals. Which was kind of a surprise but the Avs were too much for us but they games were damn close and we did win one of them. Turek just fucking choked during the post season. At some point and time during the post season he chokes and he cost two years in a row because of it and that is why he was traded in the off season.

I see St. Louis taking out Chicago and then giving Detroit a hell of a fight in the second round. I think it will be a good series in the second round. Beyond that I do not know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know where I can find the Playoff Brackets. I need to print it out.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Try NHL.com or any sports site. Or try hokeyinformer.com. I heard that the webmaster over there is damn cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by MTR
    Try NHL.com or any sports site. Or try hokeyinformer.com. I heard that the webmaster over there is damn cool.
    NHl has nothing. I didn't know that Rajah's was up.

Also, I am entering a draft and I need to make 20 picks excluding goalies. I am pretty sure of who I want to take but any suggestions will be appreciated.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome. The Devils got the Hurricanes. I say a five game series win. The Devils play their best in the playoffs, and they've been to two straight Cup Finals. I say they make it look easy against Carolina. I sincerely believe the Debvils could win the Cup if Brodeur gets hot.

Go Devils!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'm starting to worry about my picking Carolina upsetting the Devils, but my gut is still telling me that it'll happen and it said Broncos vs. Falcons in Superbowl XXXIII, so I'm sticking with it. And Forsberg is comig back. To quote a bald guy, "Hell yeah!!!" Av's are gonna rule now. Woooooo!!!

I'm A Nymphomaniac! Reeks of Awesomeness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HockeyInformer.com is lookin sexy

Euro 2004 champs = ENGLAND!!!! Mr. FreeZe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Montreal is going all the way, thats all they need is another cup to add to their list. there gonna put out Boston in 5 games i predict then when we figure out who they're playing next i'll update my predictions

this has been another issue of ice colds predictions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dammit, 1 - 0 for the Wings after one. The Canucks need to play better defence than that. Very nice goal by Lucky Luc.

WTF, Carolina is beating the devils. Oh man the Devils better win. I have 2 players in my hockey pool.

Ottawa/Philly is scoreless. This should be a good night for hockey games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, in the middle of trying how to fix my email (Its very annoying to do), I went to HockeyInformer.com. And I saw live updates. And I saw 'Canes 2, Devils 0. WOOOOOOO!!! If they can just keep it up, Carolina will shock the world by actually being ahead in the series. And The_shad will be loving every minute of it because thats who I predicted to win the series. WOOOO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what a crock of shit. The Detroit player hit himself in the face with his stick and Vancouver got a penalty. Atleast they killed the penalty.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Well Wings lose, but overall I'm not too disappointed and I'm still confident Detroit will put the series win. Vancouver pretty much had to win this game because they came in hot while Detroit came in cold so suffice to say the result isn't that surprising. I think if Detroit won Game #1, it would have been a huge blow to the Canucks. Hasek played pretty brutal and I think he can't get any worse (or can he?) Also, I liked how Detroit shut down the Bertuzzi line but they can't forget about the other guys like Linden and Hlavac and the Sedins or it will kill them.

Anyway, good night of action although I'm quite shocked the Devils lost the opening game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome game by the Canucks, sorry Rajah, as a Hawks fan, I'm cheering for anyone vs. Detroit!!

Very suprised at the final of the Devils/Canes game. 17 shots for Devs, about 40 for the Canes....what happened to the Devs offense? I love playoff hockey!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd also like to point out that I came back and beat the allmighty God RAJAH in the Rajah Fantasy Hockey League and win the title!! WOOOO!! I win with a final record of 20-5. Great season by all, it was fun.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Up yours, Rajah!

Great game, I'm so happy Canucks pulled off the win. Though the top line wasn't productive at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BLACKHAWKS WIN FIRST PLAYOFF GAME IN 4 YEARS.

What a game by T-bo. He saved like 35 shots and the Hawks broke a 1-1 game with about 3 mins left. St. Louis owned the Hawks the entire game, but the Hawks blocked 24 shots (not T-bo, but others) to save the game. In St. Louis on Saturday and then back to Chi-town hopefully in front of a big crowd and the game is even on TV!!!! First time EVER a home playoff game is on TV!!

It's time for and to get and !!! WOO!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First time EVER a home playoff game is on TV!!

. Dude, that sucks.

What the hell is up with that?

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I heard that the Blackhawks owner (Wirtz?) used to show home playoff games on PPV...

Anyway, how about them Canadiens? Totally handing the Bruins their asses. Weird how both #1 seeded teams get upset in the first game by Canadian teams. But Detroit is tying it up tomorrow or I'll be

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Detroit will knot it up tomorrow, but get their asses handed to them in Vancouver

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Oh yeah, Quinndog - congrats on winning the Rajah Hockey League. I must admit, that you pretty much had the best team from tape-to-tape, but at least I was second best.

And Psychosport2000, if Detroit wins tomorrow, all they need is a split in Vancouver and the momentum and home ice is back in the Wings' favor. If anyone can do it, it's Detroit.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never! 'Nucks are going all the way, Baby!

Hehe, maybe I'm fantasizing, but I'm just pumped. The Canucks haven't won in the playoffs since like '96, and they did against Detroit. Detroit! Woooooooo.

I can't wait 'till they come to Vancouver though. The intensity is gonna ROCCCCK, especially if the Wings win tomorrow.

But, like I said, the Wings will probaly tie it up, no wait, the Canucks will LET them tie it up tomorrow. Wouldn't want to see Scotty crying again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Detorit goes to Vancouver down 0-2

The Hawks owner, the Wirtz family, has never ever shown home games on TV period. It is that way today. There is no television for home games. They maintain that if it's on TV, then no one will go to the game. Maybe cause for the last 4 years the Hawks have SUCKED cause they won't spend any money.

This year it was announced a few weeks ago that they would in fact for the first time EVER allow home playoff games shown on TV. Of course, this was a mad hysteria in the Chicago media about how good this is. It won't last.

Bill Wirtz (father of the family) sucks. He has no idea how to own a team, all he cares about is money. We lost Roeinck, Hasek, Belfour, Chelios and soon to lose Amonte cause they refuse to pay anyone. We also never get any big name free agents. That's why its been 41? years since the last Stanley Cup in Chicago.

It sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, Quinndog - congrats on winning the Rajah Hockey League. I must admit, that you pretty much had the best team from tape-to-tape, but at least I was second best.

And Psychosport2000, if Detroit wins tomorrow, all they need is a split in Vancouver and the momentum and home ice is back in the Wings' favor. If anyone can do it, it's Detroit.
    Wow, thanks Rajah! It was a fun year and I got REAL lucky on the draft and had some "diamonds in the rough" players. I pretty much had the same team all season. But it was fun and I enjoy winning. I thought for sure you had me beat the for the title, but I came stormin back.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I was confident I was gonna win, but I ran into trouble with injuries and the Red Wings players. Detroit kept sitting out random people back and forth and it always ended up being my guys. It also didn't help when St. Louis' backup (Brathwaite) who of course is on your team beat the Wings in the last game of the season.

You did draft some great players...I was looking at your team with my brother and we were amazed that you got all those guys by draft. I had to assemble a good chuck of my team via trades and free agent pickups.

But yeah, it was fun...so much that I'm in a similar baseball league even though before this year, I hadn't watched MLB since the Jays were kicking ass.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well St. Louis lost last night. We have owned the Blackhawks this year and played well but did not walk out with a win. But it is only game one. I will not be scared unless we lose on Saturday.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh MY GOD

I did not expect this.

Van is coming home with a 2-0 lead in the series! Holy shit.

Great hockey game too. Detroit was all over Vancouver for many points, but Cloutier bailed 'em out.

I tell ya I went ballistic when Naslund scored that goal. What a shot. Far side. Top shelf.

mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5-2 Raj!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Detroit outplays Vancouver AGAIN, yet loses. Freakin' Hasek should not have let in that Naslund goal...at least it would have given his team a chance to tie the game. Maybe the pressure of winning the Cup and all the fans booing them and what not is getting to everyone...hopefully they can reduce some of it in Vancouver and actually play as a team, or it's bye-bye Wings.

One thing, what a game by Steve Yzerman. That man is simply amazing...probably the best player on either team along with Cloutier. And he's playing on only one knee.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by MTR
    Well St. Louis lost last night. We have owned the Blackhawks this year and played well but did not walk out with a win. But it is only game one. I will not be scared unless we lose on Saturday.
    MTR, come on now. You owned the Hawks?? I think the Hawks won the series 3-1-1. St. Louis outplayed the Hawks in their own zone, but all that counts is the scoreboard. I can't wait till tomorrow afternoon!! GO HAWKS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Detroit outplays Vancouver AGAIN, yet loses. Freakin' Hasek should not have let in that Naslund goal...at least it would have given his team a chance to tie the game. Maybe the pressure of winning the Cup and all the fans booing them and what not is getting to everyone...hopefully they can reduce some of it in Vancouver and actually play as a team, or it's bye-bye Wings.

One thing, what a game by Steve Yzerman. That man is simply amazing...probably the best player on either team along with Cloutier. And he's playing on only one knee.

What game were you watching???

Canucks went up in the goal department then sat back with the lead. It wasn't like Detroit came alive and Vancouver tried its best to just barely hang on. Aside from that 5 minute stretch that resulted in Detroit's first goal, Detroit look anything but dominant. They looked old in fact. A lot of the shots Detroit took were from far out, though Cloutier did play strong in net anyhow. I thought it was a pretty close game all around, and I hope the Nucks don't just choke at home the next few games.

One thing that did help the Nucks win the first two games? Freaky bounces, Hasek's glove hand looking horrible, and Shanahan hitting the post. I think he is playing posties, cause that's the second game in a row he hit nothing but iron.

Steve Y was their best player, which was amazing to see how well he did. He was even dishing out hits!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    They way I determine who outplays who is via scoring chances and from what I read, Detroit outchanced Vancouver. They had the Nucks reeling several times in the game but then the Canucks would get a goal that not have gone in and it would deflate the team. When Detroit scored to make it 3-2, they were still coming on strong and had Vancouver on their heels and if Naslund hadn't scored, it likely would have come down to the wire.

I'm still sticking by my team. The bottom line is that if Detroit and Vancouver both play up to their potential, Detroit will win every time. Vancouver has been playing really well no doubt, but Detroit simply hasn't and it's not because Vancouver is pressuring them or anything. They are just lackadasical and I don't think "old" has anything to do with it. If it was the age, the young guys on the Wings (and there are quite a few of them contrary to popular belief) would be playing well, which they aren't. The whole team (other than Y), young and old guys alike, are playing shitty.

Anyway, I hope the real Detroit Red Wings step up to the plate fast (ie. within the first ten minutes of the next game) or else it's over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Today was a good day for me. All but one of my picks won (damn Senators ) and the Av's were dominant. Now tomorrow we see if the 3 game 8 vs. 1 winning strek can continue with Boston plaing Montreal and Detroit in game 3 with Vancouver. Man, from those 2 series, you can barely tell who the Conference Champion was. But all its gonna take to change the tides is one well placed goal. *glues self to seat* Now, I have an excuse not to take my eyes off the games.

The_shad (Lame jokes, but 6 hours of sleep can cause that)

R.I.P. Dimebag -- 1966-2004 Swedish Sensation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    East

Leafs (4) vs. Isles (5) - Leafs in 4. They picked apart the inexperienced Sens 2 years in a row, so, they should be able to pick apart the inexperienced Isles as well. They're also playing the patience game. They played 20 games late in the season without Joseph, and learned how to be patient when they're down, because they didn't have a goalie who can bail them out when they get too hasty and make a mistake. Now they're still playing the patience game, and they also have a wicked goalie to back them up.

Leafs

Hurricanes (3) vs. Devils (6) - Carolina. They nearly got over the hump last year, and then got destroyed in the most important game of the series. This year, they're more experienced, and their experience came against the same exact team.

Hurricanes

Filthadelphia (2) vs. Sens (7) - Sens. They know what they're doing. They've been destroyed 2 years in a row... 3rd time's a charm. They get to start in Filthy, so they're on the road, they're together, and have probably pulled together moreso due to the fact that they have 2 playoff shellackings under their belts, and they're not gonna let it happen again.

Sens

Bruins (1) vs. Habs (8) - The Habs have some experience, and they had to scratch just to make the playoffs. They're not a team guided by 2 or 3 superstars. They play more of a joint system. They'll pose a challenge. But I think Boston's firepower will overcome that. They're just too offensively deep for Montreal to compete with.

Bruins

West

Blues (4) vs. Hawks (5) - Chicago can't pull together on the road... which usually means that you don't have much team unity... which won't help you in the playoffs, especially in a series where you don't have home ice advantage.

Blues

San Jose (3) vs. Phoenix (6) - The Coyotes are awesome when they get going... and since they're going into the playoffs with a couple wins, they can probably carry that momentum through Round 1... then their inability to win on the road, lack of team unity, and lack of leadership will shine through.

Phoenix

Avs (2) vs. Kings (7) - Avs all the way. With Forsberg back, they're a powerhouse. It'll be an offensive battle, as it always is between these 2 teams, and you don't wanna get into an offensive battle with the Avs.

Avs

Wings (1) vs. Nucks (8) - The Nucks are another one of those unified teams. They may not have 10 all-stars, or a $100M payroll, but they fought just to get into the playoffs, so they've been playing meaningful games for a couple weeks. They're warmed up. But eventually, the Nucks will tire out, and the Wings will become too much for them. Awesome goaltending, wicked defence, tons of firepower + experience.

Wings

DISCLAIMER: These predictions were made before the playoffs began.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by swedish_sensation15
    East

Leafs

Hurricanes

Sens

Bruins

West

Blues

Phoenix

Avs

Wings

DISCLAIMER: These predictions were made before the playoffs began.
    Hmmmmm, those seam familiar. *lightbulb* Hey, that's almost exactly what I picked!!!! *Shakes fist and jumps up and down, angrily* j/k Maybe its just that great minds think alike . Today's games are gonna rock though. If Carolina wins, the Devils are pretty much dead. If the Canucks win, the Wings are pretty much dead. We get to see if Montreal's win was a fluke or not and a pretty good Blues/Blackhawks series goes into game 3. Man, I wasn't this excited about hockey in the regular season.

The_shad (must check live updates at HockeyInformer. com relentlessly )

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm sorry, but the Devils will beat Carolina in 6 or 7. We've all seen this before. The Devils go behind 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 all the time in series. They are a deeper and a far better team than Carolina, and they're up 2-0 in the first period as we speak.

Devils rule!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Images and Words
    I'm sorry, but the Devils will beat Carolina in 6 or 7. We've all seen this before. The Devils go behind 2-0, 3-0, 3-1 all the time in series. They are a deeper and a far better team than Carolina, and they're up 2-0 in the first period as we speak.

Devils rule!
    Jersey is deeper and all, but the factors are all right for an 3 defeats 6 upset. Um, yea. Hey, the Canes have already done what no one thought they could. If the Devils win it, its at least a six game series. Not even Rajah or Sawan said it would last that long. The Canes were just so underdogish that it was a good thing. Well, at least they were giving the Devils a scare. Now, the game is 4-0 Devils, so for the canes. O well.

The_shad (3 beats 6 upset, I must be smoking something)

R.I.P. Dimebag -- 1966-2004 Swedish Sensation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The_shad
    Hmmmmm, those seam familiar. *lightbulb* Hey, that's almost exactly what I picked!!!! *Shakes fist and jumps up and down, angrily* j/k Maybe its just that great minds think alike . Today's games are gonna rock though. If Carolina wins, the Devils are pretty much dead. If the Canucks win, the Wings are pretty much dead. We get to see if Montreal's win was a fluke or not and a pretty good Blues/Blackhawks series goes into game 3. Man, I wasn't this excited about hockey in the regular season.
    You busted me.

Well, NJ whooped today. Gionta redeemed himself for his mistake in Game 2 and really got the team going... and once the Devils get going, they're an unstoppable force. So, I may have to change that prediction.

Boston vs. Montreal is awesome up to this point... 8 goals after 38 minutes. Lotsa momentum in this game. Boston scores 4 in a row, Montreal bounces right back, scores 3 in a row. Both teams are pretty unstable and probably won't make it past Round 2.

St. Louis is winning 4-0... nice to see everybody contributing. Mellanby's done a hell of a lot so far. It's great to see these guys who aren't normally superstars, but really bring their A game in the playoffs.

...Oh, and one last thing...

GO NUCKS GO!!!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can a goaltender that has been absolutely sensational throughout the last few games choke on a shot from the centerline?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fooking 'Hawks. Play well in game 1, then suck for two games. Hopefully they'll come back in game 4, they have to or it could be over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can a goaltender that has been absolutely sensational throughout the last few games choke on a shot from the centerline?

No shit, I could not believe that went in. I can imagine what he muts have been thinking. Right now it looks like that was the game winning goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, penalty shot in the Wings Game. Wow, and Hasek blocked it. Vancouver is in trouble now. Hasek is back on all cylinders. His save earlier and now the ever-hard-to-stop penalty shot just show that the dream isn't dead. *points to sig*

The_shad (What did I ever do without playoff hockey?)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hell yeah. If Hasek can carry his performance from today over to Game #4, Vancouver will need some great shooting to score more than two goals by him. Hasek was his old dominating self in the third period, robbing Jovo's shot from the slot and then stopping Vancouver's big boy Bertuzzi....that too on a penalty shot! And what's funny is that Bert lost it at the end...and basically sealed the game for Detroit with his silly double minor. Tsk tsk. Detroit definitely adapted to the way Vancouver is playing - Scotty shuffled the line combos and the defense pairings and for the most part it worked well. Stevie-Fedorov-Shanny can match the big Canucks line and actually outscored them today.

Game four is gonna kick some ass...I can't wait!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn you Wings.....first my Canucks lose, then my editorial never gets posted on hockeyinformer, and THEN a skunk runs around outside my house leaving an unpleasant smell. This day sucks.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

MTR, come on now. You owned the Hawks?? I think the Hawks won the series 3-1-1. St. Louis outplayed the Hawks in their own zone, but all that counts is the scoreboard. I can't wait till tomorrow afternoon!! GO HAWKS!
    No the Blues won the series hence we are the 4th seed and you are the 5th seed. We had tiebreakers over like everyone except Vancover if it came to a tie for a position. Anyway the Blues are up 2-1 after two shutouts. The Blackhawks are lucky that they have only scored two goals and still have a win in the series. I say this is going to be over in 5 now.