User Tag List

Page 6 of 181 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a little spiel to go on now about the ref kerry fraser..he loves the spotlight don't he?
    You know, he wont be reffing past this round..nor should he..he's been awful as of late.
    You should damn well know you don't hand out a 2 man penalty to a team competing this late into the playoffs..especially for a fucking bench minor.
    Michel therrien and his hot head got fraser picky again, and decides to hand out a 2-man advantage to carolina..unbelievable..you just dont do that..people who know hockey would know this.

It boggles the mind. Anyway, so they score, and they get a boost..and half of it was the habs lost alot of steam..and give up tons of shots..but still..if carolina had not been given that 2-man powerplay, they wouldn't have won that game..what a fucker.
    Furthermore, if you didn't realize, everytime montreal scored, they were the first team penalized, and usually not so long aftrerwards..it's like the fucking referees are trying to determine how the game is played, by manipulating the whistle. Just because a team is down, doesn't mean you have to try and help them keep in the game. Damnit, just let them play, and don't call pathetic bench penalties unless it's something really major.
    If the score had been 1-1, that call would not have been made.
    And the thing that bothers me is their utter randomness..they'll call a friggin bench penalty on a coach, yet totally ignore some hard cross-checks, a spearing call on saku, which should have drew a double-minor, and so much more crap..hell the other ref, jackson, was just a patsy to fraser..he let him make all the calls last night.
    The system sucks alot lately..and that fraser should not ref the next rounds, for fear of him trying to run the show.

The Habs could have had a chokehold, now all the momentum is in the canes favour..*is really pissed off*
    Last edited by Zen; May 10th, 2002 at 1:18 PM.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Originally posted by fear is the mindkiller
    Detroit sure does get lazy when they're ahead in the 3rd period.
    That and the Blues finally completely realize they are playing a game. Games 1,2, and 4 could have gone either way. You take away the mistake by Johnson that led to a goal in game 2 and then another mistake that led to a goal in game 4 and those games would have gone to OT. I am not saying that Detroit would not still have a 3-1 lead but they may not.

Detroit is playing well. Blues play well part of the time. Never a whole game except in Game 1 where basically we missed some chances and Detroit took advantage of their chances and won and in Game 3 where we won 6-1.

I think that Detroit is definitely going to win now. I have said I thought this whole time I thought they would but not without a fight. 3-1 is too much to overcome with the next game on the road and a possible game 7 on the road.

Johnson has done a great job but his inexperience has shown in this series. That goal he gave up in the third peroid was really a bad bad play on this part. He should have held the puck. But he did not look and see Yserman coming at him.

Detroit is beatable though. I can not see them winning the cup. I think someone is going to knock them out.

You stay classy Planet Earth Jason_HBK's Avatar
    HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Zen

I have a little spiel to go on now about the ref kerry fraser..he loves the spotlight don't he?
    You know, he wont be reffing past this round..nor should he..he's been awful as of late.
    You should damn well know you don't hand out a 2 man penalty to a team competing this late into the playoffs..especially for a fucking bench minor.
    Michel therrien and his hot head got fraser picky again, and decides to hand out a s-man advantage to carolina..unbelievable..you just dont do that..people who know hockey would know this.

It boggles the mind. Anyway, so they score, and they get a boost..and half of it was the habs lost alot of steam..and give up tons of shots..but still..if carolina had not been given that 2-man powerplay, they wouldn't have won that game..what a fucker.
    Furthermore, if you didn't realize, everytime montreal scored, they were the first team penalized, and usually not so long aftrerwards..it's like the fucking referees are trying to determine how the game is played, by manipulating the whistle. Just because a team is down, doesn't mean you have to try and help them keep in the game. Damnit, just let them play, and don't call pathetic bench penalties unless it's something really major.
    If the score had been 1-1, that call would not have been made.
    And the thing that bothers me is their utter randomness..they'll call a friggin bench penalty on a coach, yet totally ignore some hard cross-checks, a spearing call on saku, which should have drew a double-minor, and so much more crap..hell the other ref, jackson, was just a patsy to fraser..he let him make all the calls last night.
    The system sucks alot lately..and that fraser should not ref the next rounds, for fear of him trying to run the show.

The Habs could have had a chokehold, now all the momentum is in the canes favour..*is really pissed off*
    My thoughts exactly.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Detroit is awful at holding third-period leads. Not only yesterday, but I can recall at least five games in the regular season where they let teams like Nashville catch up with 2+ unanswered goals in the final frame. They won't be winning the Cup if they continue to get lackadasical like that. But it looks like they will get past St. Louis. The Blues chances took a huge hit when Pronger went down for the remainder of the playoffs. Good, cause the dude has totally been targetting Yzerman (not saying it's not a smart strategy just speaking from a Wings fans' perspective) for the past couple of games.

I hope Montreal can overcome last night's disaster but they will need a big break to turn the tide. It's a game of momentum and the Hurricanes have it all right now. Maybe the return of Zednik (if it happens) can motivate them and tilt the scale on their side?

Avs/Sharks and Leafs/Senators tonight. Both are obviously crucial games since the winner will be only one game away from the next round. I'll predict Sharks 3-1 and Senators 4-3.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Rajah

Avs/Sharks and Leafs/Senators tonight. Both are obviously crucial games since the winner will be only one game away from the next round. I'll predict Sharks 3-1 and Senators 4-3.
    Um, Rajah, you need a schedule. The Av's game is tomorrow. First, the baseball and now this. Tsk, tsk. And if the Av's lose 3-1, I will eat my hat. The Av's will won 4-3 or 4-2 in game 5. And I predict an upset in the Ottawa game. So take that Mr.-I'll-Tell-Everyone-The-Av's-Play-Today-But-They-Don't.

The_shad ( Hmmm, what is the wrath of Rajah like?)

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yeh, I just found that out like 30 mins ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the truely weird thing is that my post was posted about 30 minutes ago. Dun dun DUN. Well, at least the Leafs game is on tonight.

The_shad (Hockey 24/7... man, I'm tired)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, now, I'm cheering for the Sens, but that was a terrible non-call on that hit on Tucker.

He hit him FROM BEHIND into THE BOARDS. Even if the ref didn't call the initial penalty, he should have blown the whistle when he saw Tucker laying there.

Jeebus, I'm glad the Sens won, but that's a terrible way to win it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good god, I wanted Ottawa to win, but not like that. That was a horrible non-call on the Tucker hit. If that had been TUcker nailing Alfreddson into the boards I think a penalty would have been called. Either way, that was a really bad hit. And Zen, I totally agree with you about the Montreal game. I couldn't believe that Frasier called the 2-man advantage. It's the f-ing playoffs. You don't call shit like that, especially when that could be the turning point of the series. THat is sad that a bad call by a ref can help decide a series.

On a funny side not, one guy on the Canucks forum at Canucks.com said he wanted all the refs to be fired except Kerry Frasier, cause he was the only good ref in the NHL. I couldn't believe it. Frasier is the wosrt ref, more concerened about his hair then making the right calls. Must have been Frasier under a different name on Canucks.com because no one in their right mind would support this guy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a damn joke. The Sens are arrogant bastards but I would cheer for them because they are Canadian. Not anymore. WTF were the refs doing all game. They missed alot of calls, one of which cost the Leafs the game. I hope the league takes action against Alfredsson. If I keep talking I will get banned.

R.I.P. Dimebag -- 1966-2004 Swedish Sensation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Psychosport2000
    Okay, now, I'm cheering for the Sens, but that was a terrible non-call on that hit on Tucker.

He hit him FROM BEHIND into THE BOARDS. Even if the ref didn't call the initial penalty, he should have blown the whistle when he saw Tucker laying there.

Jeebus, I'm glad the Sens won, but that's a terrible way to win it.
    That was bullshit. I thought it was Fraser again... I was gonna freak out. I'm not gonna complain about the Leafs getting screwed over, 'cause it happens to every team, and it can go either way. We should've lost that game anyways. I'm not gonna hold the refs fully responsible for that loss.

Fraser though... ugh. Why do they let this guy work the playoffs? Why do let this guy even work, for that matter? He has a history of making horrible calls. May I bring you back to the 1993 playoffs for a second? Conference finals... Leafs vs. Kings... Game 6, Leafs up 3-2 in the series. Late in the 3rd period... the game is tied... Gretzky slashes Gilmour on the faceoff, drawing blood. Fraser claims not to have seen it and doesn't issue a penalty... not even a minor. A couple mins later, while Gretzky should be in the box, he scores the game winner... and the Kings go on to win the series. That was a pivotal turning point.

Now, let me bring you back to the 2002 playoffs. Leafs vs. Isles, Game 4, Leafs up 3-2 in the series. Isles looking to take 2 at home. Game tied, late in the 3rd period... Bates has a partial breakaway, Corson trips him. Should be a 2-minute minor, but Fraser calls a penalty shot. Bates scores the winner, could've been a major turning point in the series.

...Then he pulls that shit on the Habs last night. Oh, and if you think I'm just bitching about the Leafs' misfortunes, I'm not... those were just the only other incidents I could remember. Both pivotal ones, too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The av's lost. Damn those freaking Sharks. The Av's now have to win 2 straight to win the series. The Av's can only win if it goes to game 7. This is not good. This'll keep me awake for the next few days. Dang. I'm now officially nervious.

The_shad (Rajah, you will not get your damn birthday wish by seeing the Av's lose Game 6 or 7. They will survive... hopefully. )

EDIT: Anyone got any suggestions for where I can host my Kane mask. I've pretty much tried everything (except Tripod. For some reason they do not like any of my email addresses, so I can't get an account there ) and they are really pissing me off right about now by being down or not showing the mask. I know that there have been plenty of threads in the Site Feedback forum about this, but I've tried all those that I can and it still doesn't work. HELP?)
    Last edited by The_shad; May 11th, 2002 at 7:32 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The_shad

EDIT: Anyone got any suggestions for where I can host my Kane mask. I've pretty much tried everything (except Tripod. For some reason they do not like any of my email addresses, so I can't get an account there ) and they are really pissing me off right about now by being down or not showing the mask. I know that there have been plenty of threads in the Site Feedback forum about this, but I've tried all those that I can and it still doesn't work. HELP?)
    http://www.yoursighost.com

On-Topic: The blues are gone. This is good. I will not tolerate the Wings beating the 'Nucks and then losing to someone else. If they beat the 'Nucks, they better go all the way.

Ummm in other news the Avs lost....meh.

Ottawa and Toronto tomorrow woohoo. I will be pissed if I miss that game. Goooooooooooooooo Sens!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've been using yoursighost for my sig for the last day or 2 and now they have crashed or something cause I can neither access the site, nor does my sig show up from that site. As of now, I've got it hosted by my fantasy baseball league, but baseball won't last forever and I gotta make sure I can find a reliable place for it. Any others?

Well, half of my dream match up is complete but the other half is in trouble. I gotta do something so the Av's win Game 6 and Game 7. Hmmmmm....

The_shad (I got it. I'll sacrifice a live chicken for good luck)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are a f'n pay site now. I should know. They hassled me for so long saying, "If you don't pay us in blah blah blah days, you will lose their site." I could make a 30 day free trial site, but that would only get me into that crap again and is only a VERY last resort for me to do.

The_shad (I HATE ( No ) Homestead. For all I care, they can be chucked in front of a moving bus. How, might I ask, do you chuck a company in front of a bus?)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, you are hard to please

www.boomspeed.com ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, this is getting extremely sad. I got it to work, but now I don't know how to get the picture uploading to work. I put the pictures address from my computer into the upload box, but it isn't producing the picture anywhere. God dang it. If this wasn't so funny, I'd be sad.

But anyway, just so this isnt considered a spamfest, what do you think of the Sens/ Leafs series so far? That was a lousy no call and eveyone knows it.

The_shad (Man, my computer either sucks really bad or the sites are. I vote the former)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't believe that the Avs are down. It's not a knock on SJ but I think that the Avs are the better team. I find it unbelievable that the Avs are in this postion. I thought that with Forsberg back they would mow through the competion. I thought that an Avs/Wings series was a given. Now the Avs could be out. What a playoffs we are having.

It blows me away that the hit on Darcy Tucker is being brushed away. If Tucker had hit Alfredsson, the league would probably execute Tucker. Bottom line is the Leafs are not liked. Fine. But when the league officials are being biased because of names then there is a problem. It shouldn't matter that it was Tucker. It was a hit from behind. At the very least the play should have been stopped. Yzerman hit Pronger almost ecactly how Tucker hit Peca. Nothing was even mentioned about it. It was a legal hit but because it was Steve Yzerman and not Darcy Tucker it's ok. It shouldn't be like this.

I think Darcy will be fined for what he said about Cambell. I totally agree with Pat Quinn. He said that you aren't allowed to express yourself anymore. The press ask him to comment on a controversial issue. If he comments he will be fined or worse. Alot of things are wrong with the NHL these days. They need to step up and fix them. Ok my rant is over.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the Habs now have their work cut out for them. I only watched the 3rd because I forgot it was on but did they ever play like crap that period. Their defence was horrible. Maybe they are now realizing that Theodore is human. He will keep the puck out of the net for the most part but they need to help him out alot more. I think the Habs can do it.

I like CBC's hockey coverage but the announcers do little things that drive me nuts. Every freakin time Ron Franics touches the puck they go off on a spiel about how is 39 blah blah blah.....Just gets on my nerves.

If TO wins tonight they will win the series. No way will they let Ottawa finish the series in TO. They nig hurdle is winning tonight. They have all the motivation they need from the hit on Tucker.
    GO LEAFS!!!!!!!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the CBC announcers are annoying as hell. First it was the constant "Yzerman is playing on one leg" stuff, now it's with Ron Francis. Montreal played quite well Offensively, despite their defensive coverage, but Irbe was there . They better step things up a biut if they want to win.

Woooo and now Sens/Leafs are on. Say Bye bye leafs. woohoo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great, 2 - 0 already. Please make a comeback Leafs. I don't think I can bear a Canes/Sens series. Thats the way it is looking right now.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit. Another brutal hit. This time on Domi. Good thing this one was called. I don't know if it waranted a game misconduct though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shit. Another brutal hit. This time on Domi. Good thing this one was called. I don't know if it waranted a game misconduct though
    Shit I missed it. What happened? Is Domi ok. Well atleast TO scored but Ottawa is on a Power Play so hopefully they can kill it.

EDIT: Where is the live updates Rajah. You have fans in Winnipeg that depend on those.
    Last edited by Jason_HBK; May 12th, 2002 at 7:47 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pearson nailed Domi into the boards from behind and Domi hit his head on nthat lip that the boards have, cutting him in the head. Pearson got a five minor major and a game misconduct.

Fuckin leafs tied it up, and now have ANOTHER powerplay. Christ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pearson nailed Domi into the boards from behind and Domi hit his head on nthat lip that the boards have, cutting him in the head. Pearson got a five minor major and a game misconduct.

Fuckin leafs tied it up, and now have ANOTHER powerplay. Christ.
    Damn that probably sounds worse than it was.

GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!

*hugs Raw*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its alllllllll tied up again.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now it isn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *points and laughs* Hahahaha, the Leafs are up. Can anyone say game 7? Cause I know I can't.

The_shad (MY total frontal labotamy has prohibited me from saying Game 7, Wings Rule, and I like cheese. for all except Wings rule)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, I'm going on a limb..the habs win tonight, and win in carolina to take the series.
    The leafs win game 7, and cbc has their dream east final.
    But then the leafs will have to show respect and bow down to the Habs and their great legacy..and submit to them in 5 max..so the habs wont be tired when they play the wings, sharks or avs in the cup finals.

Fraser better be wary if he refs tonight..he's pissed us all right off.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Leetah
    Its alllllllll tied up again.
    Katie watches hockey?

Last night's game was sweet... but the Leafs should've won by more than that. They've gotta minimize the stupid plays... they're obviously tired as hell, and this is leading to very sloppy coverage, and some horrible turnovers defensively. They need a break. If we're lucky, and we make it through to the conf finals, hopefully there'll be a 3-day break... some of our lightly injured players will have time to heal, we won't need as many young guys from the minors, and we can play a few solid games against the Habs (hopefully).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    5 - 1 Canes in the first freakin period. Montreal needs to pull themselves together. They have 40 minutes left to do it. GO HABS!!!!!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Katie was in our fantasy hockey league this year! But I won't get into how well her team did and stuff.

Anyway, jeez I came home about 30 minutes ago, turned on the TV to see the Montreal/Carolina game and couldn't believe that it was already 3-0...I think it was only like 10 mins in. Then I'm watching and bang, it's 4-0 and 5-0 before long.

What the hell happened to the Canadiens?? It looks like their confidence is totally shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard how YOUR team, Rajah, did this year from certain persons, but I won't go into details . (Do not kill Sawan ).

I caught the last 2 minutes before the end of the 1st Period and all I can say is DAMN! Prediction #2 is coming true! BTW, did you see that save a few minutes ago? UNREAL!!

The_shad (. You know why I'm smiling. )

EDIT: HAHAHAHA, they are having trouble with the pane of glass. Man, that is funny. You'd think their glass replacements would actually fit! This is true hockey.

The_shad (Easily amused)
    Last edited by The_shad; May 13th, 2002 at 8:36 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.

It seems that the same thing happened to the Canucks evidently happened to Montreal:

One shitty thing happened and the team absolutely collapsed.

'Tis a shame

But good for Carolina. I spit in the eye of all the people who said the 'Canes had no chance against the devils.

Look where they are now, huh? LOOK WHERE THEY ARE NOW!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spit in the eye of all the people who said the 'Canes had no chance against the devils.

Look where they are now, huh? LOOK WHERE THEY ARE NOW!!

Dude, you are starting to scare me. Thats the sole reason I picked the Canes to win. This is getting a little creepy. Are you my long lost twin brother? Well, the Av's are on and Roy is carrying the team and damn, do they need it. If only Roy could score...

The_shad (If Roy gets an empty net goal tonight that is the only thing his career lacks, I will jump so high, I'll hit the ceiling. *looks up* I hope he doesn't. My ceiling is sharp)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. I wanted to spit in your eye

PsychoSport (Goooo Sharks )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am praying the Leafs win tomorrow because I don't want to see Ottawa or Carolina representing the Eastern Conference. I want to say that Carolina doesn't deserve it but I can't. They fought through NJD and didn't give up when they were down 3 - 0 to the Habs. They will not get to the SC final though.

On one hand I like the Avs and want them to win. They aren't my favorite team but I don't hate them. Plus I reall want to see a Wings/Avs series. On the other hand everyone has Avs in my playoff pool. I have Sakic and Forsberg but everyone else has like 4 or 5 players. I have Nolan and Selanne so if the Avs lose I will be in good shape.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jason_HBK
    I am praying the Leafs win tomorrow because I don't want to see Ottawa or Carolina representing the Eastern Conference. I want to say that Carolina doesn't deserve it but I can't. They fought through NJD and didn't give up when they were down 3 - 0 to the Habs. They will not get to the SC final though.
    You sure about that, man? They've got a pretty solid team. They've gone through 2 formidable opponents, and if the Leafs make it, I hate to say this, but they stand virtually no chance. They're banged up, they've been through 2 long series, definitely an emotional rollercoaster, and they're just down in every way possible.

If the Sens win... should be a great series, not to mention fast and high-scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn. I wanted to spit in your eye

PsychoSport (Goooo Sharks )

Go ahead and spit in my eye. Every one els edoes it. Just make sure you haven't eaten pickles before you do it. That stuff stings.

And grrrrrrrrrr. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. GRRRRRRRRRRRR! Go Av's... even thought the Sharks just scored. And the Av's gave 'em one back.

The_shad (Reinprecht is my new favorite player)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Shad. Here we go into overtime. You have any fingernails left? \

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fingernails? Hell, I'm worried about having finger left. I DID actually bite my finger. Talk about klutzy. But I am scared. Very scared. The Av's haven't done well in OT's this playoff. Well, to anyone who isn't watching the game, you'll know how it ends by if I am cussing my head off or streaking around the thread.

The_shad ( To express my fear, I give you smileys: )

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SHAD IS STREAKING!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!*does the Flair strut* HELL YEA!!! Peter the Great! Peter the Great! Peter the Great! Peter the Great! And Super Joe! GOALLLLLLL!!!! Av's force game 7. WOOOOOOO!!!!!! Av's 2, Sharkies Uno. And as promised *streaks through thread* Wednesday will so totally reek of awesomeness. This is great.

The_shad (One happy SOB)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Swedish Sensation

You sure about that, man? They've got a pretty solid team. They've gone through 2 formidable opponents, and if the Leafs make it, I hate to say this, but they stand virtually no chance. They're banged up, they've been through 2 long series, definitely an emotional rollercoaster, and they're just down in every way possible.

If the Sens win... should be a great series, not to mention fast and high-scoring.
    The Canes are good but not that good. I mean if the bench penalty doesn't get called it's a different hockey game. The Habs might have been the ones celebrating. They have 2 goaltenders that are either hot or cold. If the Sens win they will make short work of Carolina I think. But if the Leafs win they may be in for another long series. The Leafs hurt are an awesome team. They beat the Islanders and the Sens(if they do). The Canes got a lucky break in game 4 and that is why they are in the EC final. They are good but they won't beat the Sens or Leafs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get too sure dude. The Canes may, by all means, not be the best team, but there is something about them. The attitude or the adversity that has brought them up to huge heights. So whoever wins best watch out or they will be part of Queen's immortal words "Another One Bites The Dust".

The_shad (Championships are not won by complete skill)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't get too sure dude. The Canes may, by all means, not be the best team, but there is something about them. The attitude or the adversity that has brought them up to huge heights. So whoever wins best watch out or they will be part of Queen's immortal words "Another One Bites The Dust".

The_shad (Championships are not won by complete skill)
    There is a reason why they only got into the playoffs because division winners have to be. Their skill barely got them into the playoffs. They beat the Devils. They beat a mediocre Montreal team. They will not beat a healthy Sens team. Even the Leafs with a bunch of players injured are good. They will need alot of skill to get to the SC final. PLus they caught the Devils sleeping. NJD was over confident and the Canes took advantage. I am not counting them totally out but they will need to play much better if they want to go to the finals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit the Canes did get lucky in a few of these games, but if people sya they won't win and discredit them, it'll be "deja vu all over again". Also "Half the game is 90% mental" fits well cause if talent alone won games left and right, the Washington Redskins would dominate the Super Bowl. The Canes have the definate mental edge no matter who they play cause they win inevitably be the underdogs. They were not even supposed to be here in the playoffs so they are relaxed and having fun. The other teams aren't. It doesn't hurt that the goalies are in their top performance because they don't wanna lose their spot either. No matter who wins that Sens/ Leafs series, I'm gonna pick the Canes because my hunch has gotten me far, so don't fix it if it aint broke and they are just fun to watch.

The_shad (I have fallen in love with the Canes this season. This is better than watching my Av's play)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I admit the Canes did get lucky in a few of these games, but if people sya they won't win and discredit them, it'll be "deja vu all over again". Also "Half the game is 90% mental" fits well cause if talent alone won games left and right, the Washington Redskins would dominate the Super Bowl. The Canes have the definate mental edge no matter who they play cause they win inevitably be the underdogs. They were not even supposed to be here in the playoffs so they are relaxed and having fun. The other teams aren't. It doesn't hurt that the goalies are in their top performance because they don't wanna lose their spot either. No matter who wins that Sens/ Leafs series, I'm gonna pick the Canes because my hunch has gotten me far, so don't fix it if it aint broke and they are just fun to watch.

The_shad (I have fallen in love with the Canes this season. This is better than watching my Av's play)
    True but if the Leafs advance the mental edge would be with them because that would make 2 series won when not at full strength. The Sens are certainly gonna miss Charra though. He was a huge factor in the series. Not letting the Leafs stand around Lalime and planting himself in front of Cujo. It should be a game to remember.

On a side note my dad loves your column.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

True but if the Leafs advance the mental edge would be with them because that would make 2 series won when not at full strength. The Sens are certainly gonna miss Charra though. He was a huge factor in the series. Not letting the Leafs stand around Lalime and planting himself in front of Cujo. It should be a game to remember.
    I've got goosebumps thinking about that Game 7. The Sens are at more of an advantage than they should be because, in all rights, that notorious hit by the Sens should have taken away one of their best players. But it didn't. No action was taken and he got away scot-free. But that might be their demise. The Leafs have come through so much tough crap and all that they can do almost anything. They are PO'ed right now and they will play like Demons. Alfredsson may have indeed screwed his team along with the NHL after that. I just can't think that the Leafs will lose to anything short of a miracle tomorrow. Plus, that'll keep my perfect prediction streak alive this round .

On a side note my dad loves your column.
    WOOHOO. I have a fan. That makes my day, even though it is 12:52 here.

The_shad (What if the Av's and Leafs make it to the Finals via all Game 7's? That'd be a record or something)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOHOO. I have a fan. That makes my day, even though it is 12:52 here.

The_shad (What if the Av's and Leafs make it to the Finals via all Game 7's? That'd be a record or something)
    You have more than one. I spread the word about the site at the bar where I watch the games and everyone loves it. Your columns actually generate alot of discussion. It is very popular. Keep em coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet! And here I was thinking that I needed to shape up my column a little. From the sound of it, its doing pretty well. Well, I guess I'll have to write one up before I take my fishing trip this weekend. Man, I had no idea. Thanks dude. I owe ya one.

The_shad (The only thing that sucks about a fishing trip right about now is that I miss all thos ehockey games. Happens every year near the Conference Finals)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *walks in dejectedly*

*looks around for any canes fans to assault*

*finds none*

Damn..the only good thing in that montreal game last night was they let jose come back in for the last minute or so.
    Damn damn damn.

Well if the leafs win tonight, the canes will be too much for them, but the sens could give them a run. I just don't see roberts and company being able to hold up for that much longer.
    The canes have speed and size and talent.
    The leafs can't stop all that right now.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Canes are good but not that good. I mean if the bench penalty doesn't get called it's a different hockey game. The Habs might have been the ones celebrating. They have 2 goaltenders that are either hot or cold. If the Sens win they will make short work of Carolina I think. But if the Leafs win they may be in for another long series. The Leafs hurt are an awesome team. They beat the Islanders and the Sens(if they do). The Canes got a lucky break in game 4 and that is why they are in the EC final. They are good but they won't beat the Sens or Leafs.
    Yeah, the bench penalty was definitely the turning point in the series, but it takes a damn good team to capitalize on it like they did. Their goaltending isn't great, but they're an all-around solid team, that doesn't rely on one aspect of their game, which is good, because they don't have to fire on all cylinders to win. Whereas, a team that relies on their goalie *cough* Toronto *cough*, if the goalie fucks up, that's it. They're done like dinner.

If the Leafs get back Sundin, that'll be a major shot in the arm. That could give them the boost they need to beat Carolina. Sundin is always great against the 'Canes.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Zen

Damn..the only good thing in that montreal game last night was they let jose come back in for the last minute or so.
    Damn damn damn.

I don't know. That glass shattering was pretty damn cool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Don Wedge

I don't know. That glass shattering was pretty damn cool.

It was funny for the fact that it seemed to take forever to get repaired..I think they brought the wrong pane..and the fact that I think gilmour recieved another few minutes tacked on to the penalty for faulty glass..heh. I think he did, didn't he?
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Zen

It was funny for the fact that it seemed to take forever to get repaired..I think they brought the wrong pane..and the fact that I think gilmour recieved another few minutes tacked on to the penalty for faulty glass..heh. I think he did, didn't he?
    No, unless you count the game delay while they replaced it as extra minutes on his penalty. And the funniest part is that Gilmour didn't even notice what he did. He slammed the door and sat down and didn't even flinch as the glass went everywhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pssst, Zen...

Go Canes!

You are one uninformed hound.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Don Wedge

No, unless you count the game delay while they replaced it as extra minutes on his penalty. And the funniest part is that Gilmour didn't even notice what he did. He slammed the door and sat down and didn't even flinch as the glass went everywhere.
    I thought it was quite funny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Game 7 is on now and what a game![/sarcastibitch] There hasn't been one penalty yet, nor a goal. But, there have been some pretty good plays as of far. This will start getting more interesting to me later when the shock of it being a Game 7 comes into play.

The_shad (GOOOOOO Leafs)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Am I the only sens fan on here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you're a minority.

Nothing new.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *snappy comeback*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd root for the Sens, but they have not had to go through what the Leafs have. Devistating injuries, a horrible miscall, and a Game 7. The Leafs have been miraculous in even getting this far and they look to make even morre miracles as they are ahead 1-0 now. Plus, I tend to dislike the teams from the national capitals. Washington and Ottawa- They have the majority of gaverning, so why let them take over a sport too?

The_shad (This game has gotten pretty good)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its official. Havlat is a fucking idiot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GO LEAFS GO!!! GO LEAFS GO!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!

...That's all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    GO LEAFS GO!!! GO LEAFS GO!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!

...That's all.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fecking leafs fans.

Sharks better win, or it's yet another Stanley cup finish that I don't give a shit about.

Although a Canadian team winning would be pretty damn cool...even if it is the leafs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *HIGH FIVE*

Is your throat sore from cheering too?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *HIGH FIVE*

Is your throat sore from cheering too?
    *HIGH FIVE*

Oh yeah. The bar was going crazzzzzzzzy. That good ol Na Na Na song was being yelled loud and clear. But what a game by the Leafs. In the other games they didn't look very good but they looked spectacular in this game. Every single Leaf played a big part in the win. If the Leafs continue to play like this they will make short work of the Canes. I love it. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sharks better win, or it's yet another Stanley cup finish that I don't give a shit about.
    Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr. I wonder if I can use Alcohol's Rottweiler=Fish for a second. The Avalanche better win... or else, I'll streak again just to torture you guys. Hehehe, that would suck majorly if the Av's lose. All my other picks won their series and if the Av's lose, I will be severely pissed.

The_shad (A fecking Av's fan)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, but the canes are gonna take out the leafs..even with sundin back, the leafs wouldn't beat them. I think the canes are proving they have speed, size, youth and veteran leadership..and their healthy..the leafs are worn out, and standing on their last leg, which is now gimpy.

Would I prefer a canadian team to win? Yes, but that was supposed to be the Habs..personally, I doubt the leafs will win it.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *HIGH FIVE*

Oh yeah. The bar was going crazzzzzzzzy. That good ol Na Na Na song was being yelled loud and clear. But what a game by the Leafs. In the other games they didn't look very good but they looked spectacular in this game. Every single Leaf played a big part in the win. If the Leafs continue to play like this they will make short work of the Canes. I love it. GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!!
    I went crazy at school today, when I saw my friend Mike. He first wrote us outta the playoffs... then said the Isles would sweep us... then said the Sens would take us in 5. The irony of it is, all this blurb is coming from a Flames fan... He comes to school today wearing his Flames jersey, yelling "Leafs suck!"

Great team effort though. This is why the Leafs have made the top 8 in the last 4 years. They don't have all the talent or skill... they have grit and determination. Whenever y'think they're down and out, Roberts and co. pull one outta their asses.

Originally posted by Zen
    Sorry, but the canes are gonna take out the leafs..even with sundin back, the leafs wouldn't beat them. I think the canes are proving they have speed, size, youth and veteran leadership..and their healthy..the leafs are worn out, and standing on their last leg, which is now gimpy.

Would I prefer a canadian team to win? Yes, but that was supposed to be the Habs..personally, I doubt the leafs will win it.
    The Leafs were worn out, and came up with a gargantuan effort, did they not? It's called grit... never underestimate it.

As for the Habs... congrats. Top 8 in the league. Hoping you guys can build on that next year, and we can see the CBC dream series... Leafs vs. Habs, the great sweep.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went crazy at school today, when I saw my friend Mike. He first wrote us outta the playoffs... then said the Isles would sweep us... then said the Sens would take us in 5. The irony of it is, all this blurb is coming from a Flames fan... He comes to school today wearing his Flames jersey, yelling "Leafs suck!"

:WTF:

That is really freaky. I have the same kind of kid at my school, 'cept he's a rabid Leafs fan who hates the Canucks. The freaky part though, is that his name is also Mike

Anyways....here we go, game 7, Avs/Sharks. The key to this game, I think will be the goalies. And personally I think Roy will handle the pressure better than Nabakov, but whatever.

I really want to see the Avs eliminated so GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SHARKS!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is where my painstaking torture (or live updates to everyone else ) comes in handy. Main page of ESPN.com with a Roy picture and a caption that says, "Ten times Patrick Roy has been in goal for Game 7 in the Stanley Cup playoffs. And even though Roy has lost five of those 10 games, he's probably the man you want in the net, writes Terry Frei. Roy can enhance his reputation against the Sharks tonight ". Nice call, dude. You work for ESPN?

The_shad (Av's. Love them. Hate them. Doesn't matter as long as they win )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So guys, you know hockey pretty well right?

What are the chances of the 'Cane's winning the cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    -NEW-- Mathematically, 1 in 4. As a hockey fan, a little higher, I think. It is amazing what they have done this season. They weren't supposed to be in the 2nd round, much less the 3rd. But they are. Same thing goes for the Leafs. Sundin will be back for the ailing Leafs, but one has to wonder if he'll be 100% or if he will even be back. It may have been a ruse to motivate the team and teams are not always too honest. Both of these teams have had wonder-playoffs, but the Carolina club will have a little more steam with their complete dominance over Montreal, even if Sundin comes back. I have to think about that series.
    -NEW-- And then, if the Canes get to the cup. They will have to face either the Wings or Av's (The Sharks must not win! ). One of 3 teams. The Sharks may be good, but the Canes have defeated better and they will go down. The Wings? The Wings are the best club and should win. But the never-say-never Canes will be ready. Can anyone say Miracle On Ice Part 2? The favorites have fallen and I'm gonna say in this case, Wings win, but I won't count the miracle Canes out. And the Wings might lose a player or 2 before then, especially if they play the Av's.
    -NEW-- Ah, my team. The majestic Av's. Foppa and Sakic have been killer and they are better than 2 straight Game 7's show. So, the question is, if the Canes play the Av's, will they win? Yes, unless Roy pulls the team all 7 games. It could be St. Patrick's finest hour and he might win it for the Av's, but the Canes have gone through so much, even though I have a heavy bias towards the Av's, I know this is a miracle working its way. Av's/ Leafs- Av's. Av's/ Canes- Canes. So far for 2nd will crush me, but I will be contented with the Canes miracle. And I might go Ray who? What a story it would be.

The_shad (Canes- team of God? You decide)

EDIT: I knew I should have proof-read it, but the F'n tab doesn't work and it kills my spaces. This is a lot of work for paragraphs. Just highlight it and you'll understand
    Last edited by The_shad; May 15th, 2002 at 10:43 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Uh, Shad? Can you put that into diferent paragraphs please? That's quite hard to read

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :WTF:

That is really freaky. I have the same kind of kid at my school, 'cept he's a rabid Leafs fan who hates the Canucks. The freaky part though, is that his name is also Mike
    Really? Weird.

Leafs fans can be immensely annoying... even I can't stand some of them. They think Toronto is the centre of the universe. Their theory is: Toronto is the biggest city in the country, so therefore, it's the best.

Originally posted by Croc
    So guys, you know hockey pretty well right?

What are the chances of the 'Cane's winning the cup?
    Well, the thing with the 'Canes is, they have a whole whack of young players + 5-7 leaders. Which can lead to a struggle for leadership, especially in the playoffs, when everyone wants to take charge and tell his teammates how the game is gonna be played.

The other thing is, they just finished an easy couple of games, and now they're facing the Leafs, who have the most grit and toughness of any team left in the playoffs. The 'Canes are a finesse team, and it'll be interesting to see how their speed and skill matches up against the Leafs' grit and determination. If the Ottawa series told us anything, the Leafs' grit and determination will win.

But it's tight. We'll see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same thing goes for the Leafs. Sundin will be back for the ailing Leafs, but one has to wonder if he'll be 100% or if he will even be back. It may have been a ruse to motivate the team and teams are not always too honest.
    That's not necessarily a good thing. They just came off a hard-fought game, and if Sundin is back for Game 1 of the Carolina series, their grinders might figure "oh, our captain's back, now we can slack a little." I think it'd be best if he came back in Game 5 or 6 of a hard-fought series and gave the Leafs a shot in the arm to get them into the finals.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Much better shad, It's amazing how those little spaces make a world of a difference.

It appears I have been a bit wrong about Nabakov though, did you see that save on what's-his-face?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wait until Super Joe gets to him. If that shot wasn't blocked by the defenseman, it would have been top shelf bay-bee [/Dick Vitale]. But it just occured to me that I should have just press Enter again. No one ever accused me of being smart.

The_shad ([Chant] Su-per Joe! Su-per Joe! [/Chant])

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Joe Sakic, straight out of Burnaby, BC, Canada.

Woohoo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know who we need to lure here? Sawan. I've talked to him a few times and I've learned he's a big Sakic fan. Has been since the 10 win season days. I need another Sakic fan to yell with when Joe makes the big goal. It WILL happen or I will die (or cry, they rhyme, so its about the same).

The_shad ([Chant] Sa-wan! Sa-wan! [/Chant])

EDIT: It was Foppa!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The commentator just made a good point, and I thought I would add to it...

He said that the Avs have a ton of gamebreakers, so the longer the game goes, the better chances they have... and I was just wondering why they win all the big games today, and that's half of my answer. The other half is Roy. Roy is able to hold the other team off until late in the game, when the Avs can employ their gamebreakers, and get a big goal.

Anyways... talk... thoughts, opinions, whatever... discuss...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a great game. The goaltending has been absolutely incredible.

Where the hell is Rajah? He hasn't posted in here in a while

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, the Av's have tons of gamebreakers, but they only play when it counts. Last year's Stanley Cup gave the younger guys egos and they didn't play with any heart at the begining of the season. They realized that the team was sinking and they had a purpose. Now, its the playoffs and they no longer have a must win situation. So they slack off. But when they are down by one game, they know they need to play and they do. I wouldn't be suprised if the Av's go 7 all the way, if they win tonight, I mean.

And with Roy, he isn't in his prime anymore and tends to lose concentration (or he's drunk). He is better than any other goalie STILL even after all these years. He just needs to get it all together. Too bad it looks like he'll never get a gold medal, but he might retire with more cups than any other goalie if they go at it long enough. Maybe even player. Who knows?

The_shad (I know too much about the Av's)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a great game. The goaltending has been absolutely incredible.

Where the hell is Rajah? He hasn't posted in here in a while
    Man, I want to taunt him about a Wings/ Av's series. If you never talk to me again, know that Rajah killed me and I'm at the bottom of a lake. This could get very, VERY ugly.

The_shad (Its Stone Cold vs. McMahon again. The_shad (good guy with the Av's) vs. Rajah (evil web dictator with the evil Wings ))

EDIT: No triple post. Foppa was screwed. The refs are biased. Off with their f---ing heads. Kill them all! I'm gonna drive to the Pepsi Center and punch a ref!
    Last edited by The_shad; May 15th, 2002 at 11:49 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Was the crowd just chanting "Fraser sucks!"?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. The only town in North America with the guts to do it. We are almost Canadian in the hockey playoffs. Doesn't suprise me that they did. I, though, was chanting "Fraser is a motherf---ing, peice of s---" mostly with a couple SOB's and Ba$%ards intertwined.

The_shad (I HATE Fraser!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, the Av's have tons of gamebreakers, but they only play when it counts. Last year's Stanley Cup gave the younger guys egos and they didn't play with any heart at the begining of the season. They realized that the team was sinking and they had a purpose. Now, its the playoffs and they no longer have a must win situation. So they slack off. But when they are down by one game, they know they need to play and they do.
    The same goes for the Leafs, or any team with decent grit and determination. Most of our grinders have very little skill, and don't perform well during the regular season, when nothing's on the line. Then when the situation gets sticky, they always come through in the clutch. It's the exact opposite with players who've cruised their whole careers, mainly in their rookie years, and have tons of skill. They get high on themselves and don't perform under pressure. Refer to Selanne. 72 goals in his rookie season, then the next year, I don't even think he got half of that. He figured he was the next big thing and stopped trying. Same with his playoff performance. A little struggle early in a player's career builds heart, determination, and grit. The young guys playing with the Thrashers right now are gonna be great clutch players later in their careers, 'cause they're having to go through some tough shit right now, and in most cases, lead their team. Heatley even had to do it single-handedly for a while, when Kovalchuk was out.

And with Roy, he isn't in his prime anymore and tends to lose concentration (or he's drunk). He is better than any other goalie STILL even after all these years. He just needs to get it all together. Too bad it looks like he'll never get a gold medal, but he might retire with more cups than any other goalie if they go at it long enough. Maybe even player. Who knows?

The_shad (I know too much about the Av's)
    Yep, goalies usually mature late in their careers. They have a ton of pressure to deal with, especially with most goalies these days being the focal points of their teams, and they hit their primes in their late 30's. He won't win the most Cups though, and he sure as fuck isn't gonna win a gold medal, if he doesn't play for the god damn team! But yeah... Henri had 10 Cups. No way is Roy gonna top that. What's he have? 6 or 7?

...There's no way in hell I'm editing that blurb. You can sift out the typos yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All Roy has to do is win another 5 or 6, I can't remember right now (Too mad!). All he has to do is a Hogan and bingo! The most cups ever. But the Leafs are just like the Av's except they have one less gamebreaker I think. Sakic and Forsberg and Roy to Sundin and CuJo. Correct me if I'm wrong.

The_shad (If Roy pulls a Hogan, he could get 20 Cups. But I love both guys so I shouldn't make fun of them. And remember, shouldn't doesn't equal won't)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But the Leafs are just like the Av's except they have one less gamebreaker I think. Sakic and Forsberg and Roy to Sundin and CuJo. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Well, your standards for "gamebreaker" are obviously much higher than mine.

Here's my opinion...

Avs: Sakic, Foreskin, Roy, Hejduk, Blake, Tanguay.

They're all very explosive players, and are deadly when they get going. Hejduk and Tanguay are the young guys with flash, or human highlight reels if you will, and the rest I mentioned have all the intangibles. Experience, leadership, etc. Those are the real impact players.

Leafs: Joseph, Roberts, Tucker, Corson

I wouldn't consider Sundin a gamebreaker. He came through in the clutch in last year's NJ series, but I've only seen him do a few playoff games since then... so that may've just been an isolated incident. Roberts, Tucker and Corson are the gritty warriors. So are Domi and McCabe, but I didn't put them down, 'cause they're not leaders. They play gritty when the other guys play gritty. Tucker, Roberts and Corson always... always play their hearts out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Av's KILL the Power Play! Av's WIN!!!!! Av's are going to meet the Red Wings!!!!!! My prediction came true!!!!!!!!!! I Foppa!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This is what hockey is all about. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you in the immortal words of the Denver announcer. The Av's are going to meet the FREAKING Wings in the Conference Finals!!!!!

The_shad (WOOOOOOOOOOOOO)

I posted this the exact second they won.
    Last edited by The_shad; May 16th, 2002 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Av's KILL the Power Play! Av's WIN!!!!! Av's are going to meet the Red Wings!!!!!! My prediction came true!!!!!!!!!! I Foppa!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! This is what hockey is all about. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you in the immortal words of the Denver announcer. The Av's are going to meet the FREAKING Wings in the Conference Finals!!!!!

The_shad (WOOOOOOOOOOOOO)
    ...That 2nd "thank you" was for me, right?

... *shakes his head*

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a great hockey game. And it all came down to what I said it would: Roy. Damn he deserved that win.

But on the flipside, fuck.

I'm starting to think I'm a plague for hockey teams. First my 'Nucks lose, then I cheer for Sens and Montreal, and they both lose. So then I cheer for the Sharks, and they lose

Oh well. Go leafs, I suppose

Fecking Avs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have seen the light, my child.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...That 2nd "thank you" was for me, right?

... *shakes his head*
    Yes, it was. I you. The Av's Fecking WON!!!!!!!! Take that, Fraser/Nazi/Commie/Bastard!

That was a great hockey game. And it all came down to what I said it would: Roy. Damn he deserved that win.

But on the flipside, fuck.

I'm starting to think I'm a plague for hockey teams. First my 'Nucks lose, then I cheer for Sens and Montreal, and they
    both lose. So then I cheer for the Sharks, and they lose

Fecking Avs.
    Roy deserved it and now it's Av's vs. Wings!!!!! Aw, hell yea!

And on the flipside, . You aren't a plague, you just couldn't beat my lucky streak. I predicted all 4 winners this round! WOO!

But why all the hate towards the Av's? Just think of it as the Nordiques making Canada proud. The Nordiques rule!!

The_shad (Nordique Mark)

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Great game, except I was hoping for OT...game seven OTs rule. Anyway, Wings-Avs in the dream West final starts Saturday. I can't wait. Of course, I'm sticking by my Wings as always.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Rajah
    Great game, except I was hoping for OT...game seven OTs rule. Anyway, Wings-Avs in the dream West final starts Saturday. I can't wait. Of course, I'm sticking by my Wings as always.
    Thats fine by me. I'm sticking by my Av's. So, bring it Raj! We will be ready!