User Tag List

Page 5 of 181 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL Thread

total fucking darkness fear is the mindkiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Detroit had better end up playing the Kings.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Trouble

F'n Bruins. I went to game 5 today. Good Lord, did they play bad hockey. I think the pee-wee leagues hit harder. The only good hockey they plaid was the last 4 minutes. Before that, no one could handle a pass, they couldn't clear the zone, and they were SO afraid to hit anyone. Not to mention some biased officiating. And some really really close calls (We hit the post 4 imes, 3 of them in the 3rd period. That's alright. We'll go up and take 1 more in the Molson Center, hopefully make it out of there without any casualties caused by crazed fans, and win Game 7 back in the Fleet, hopefully in my presence.

On a side note, kudos the the Bruins and their fans. Before the game, there was a video on the scoreboard screen with Billy Guerin asking the fans to respect the opposing countries national anthem. With the rash of disrespect that tfans in all the leagues have been showing lately, I thought this was a really classy thing to do, however unneccessary it might have been. Because not only did we respect it, but when Rene Rancourt finished singing O'Canada, we gave it a good hearty cheer. And that makes us classier than many other pro sports fans.
    No way jose, candiens are taking this one in 6. We won the first 2 games with poor goaltending from theodore, but he is the man, and he is back, no way montreal is going down now. and if they win, Carolina better be ready.............
    There is a new sheriff in Town, the pink and black attack is back in pack.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Originally posted by Jason_HBK
    The Islanders must be the biggest bunch of whiner I have seen. Their GM whines after every hit. Peca is whining about Tucker and Corson now. I mean come on. It is hockey. Man I hope the Finals are Leafs vs Wings. I just want to see Tucker absolutely cream Chelios. What a great sportsman he is.
    Ha, Chelios just went a series by handling and shutting down Todd Bertuzzi, THE hottest and arguably most physically dominating player in the NHL. Like he'll have any trouble with a punk like Tucker.

You stay classy Planet Earth Jason_HBK's Avatar
    HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Rajah

Like he'll have any trouble with a punk like Tucker.
    Yeah ok. Ask Peca if he is a punk. Ask the Islanders. If both teams make it that far, we will see.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Trust me, Chelios could very easily handle Tucker. Chelly will probably win the Norris trophy as the best defenseman in the entire league while Tucker is what...a third liner in Toronto who lucked out with one good year?

And yeah, I'm sure if you ask Peca or the Islanders, they will agree that Tucker is a punk.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, Chelios could very easily handle Tucker. Chelly will probably win the Norris trophy as the best defenseman in the entire league while Tucker is what...a third liner in Toronto who lucked out with one good year?

And yeah, I'm sure if you ask Peca or the Islanders, they will agree that Tucker is a punk.
    I guess you can say the Same thing for Jerome Iginla then. Chelios could not handle Tucker. Tucker will hit him and Chelios will run to the ref and ask for a penalty.

EDIT: On a side note, why no live updates on hockeyinformer. CBC doesn't show the dern assists.
    Last edited by Jason_HBK; April 28th, 2002 at 9:46 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Dang, I didn't know people actually followed the live updates...I guess that means we should keep doing it. Me and my brother thought we'd not do this game and see if anyone wrote us in saying they missed it, etc. etc.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm really starting to think the Isles could go far. It's a shame the Devils lost (that REALLY sucks ), but I'm havcing fun following the Islanders! Game 7 should be absolutely insane hockey, and I like the rivalry these two are developing. Without Peca, they showed some great adrenaline and hunger tonight.

Eric Cairns rules. Tie Domi sucks for jumping Cummins off of the face-off. And he still barely beat him.

Playoff hockey = greatest sport ever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Images and Words
    I'm really starting to think the Isles could go far. It's a shame the Devils lost (that REALLY sucks ), but I'm havcing fun following the Islanders! Game 7 should be absolutely insane hockey, and I like the rivalry these two are developing. Without Peca, they showed some great adrenaline and hunger tonight.

Eric Cairns rules. Tie Domi sucks for jumping Cummins off of the face-off. And he still barely beat him.

Barely beat him?? Domi kicked his ass. He kept ducking Cummins shots and kept connecting his shots. I hate the Isles but I'll give themcredit, they didn't quit when it would have been easy to do it.

R.I.P. Dimebag -- 1966-2004 Swedish Sensation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep... they definitely used Peca to rally around, just like the Devils rallied around Neidermayer last year, and came back to win the series. This seems all too familiar. Both times, we were up 3-2, at home, hurt the opposing team's player, they rallied around it, and won the next game. In the Devils' case, the next 2 games.

What game were you watching? Domi kicked his ass.

Most definitely. It has all the aspects. Great goaltending, great defence, desperation, heart, aggression, the only thing it may be lacking in is scoring. There's a little less scoring in the playoffs, 'cause the defences really kick it into high gear, and get down and block those shots.

None
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Barely beat him?? Domi kicked his ass. He kept ducking Cummins shots and kept connecting his shots. I hate the Isles but I'll give themcredit, they didn't quit when it would have been easy to do it.
    Thats exactly what I was going to say, also Domi didn't jump him, they were discussing fisticuffs before the faceoff. Nonetheless this series is the best so far,maybe the Bruins / Canadiens are there for contention, give credit to the Isles and Leafs for definition playoff hockey . Game 7 will be off the hook. Go leafs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who here hopes that one of the Game 7's go into OT? I do. That would be the ultimate compliment to an already spectacular Round 1. The ultimate pressure situation. A sudden death determining who goes on and who dies. So I hope the Ilse/Leafs series goes into OT.

The_shad (I said ONE of them. Get it? ... Bah you're no fun. An Av's sudden death would kill me)

None
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I have some serious hankering for some OT hockey, but shit, I don't want to rupture my aorta again from the godamn strain. I just want the leafs to win!!!

Last year it seemed like every freakin game went into over time and this there's been like two.
    P.S the Avs will probably win.. godamn mountain freaks....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ha, Chelios just went a series by handling and shutting down Todd Bertuzzi, THE hottest and arguably most physically dominating player in the NHL. Like he'll have any trouble with a punk like Tucker.

Well, I wasn't going to say anything the first time you bragged about Chelios shutting down Bertuzzi, but now I have to step in. It wasn't so much Chelios who shut him down as it was the whole Detroit defence that shut down the Canucks. Fischer came in and did a good job on Tuzzi, not just Chelios, but the whole team overall made it so that Vancouver couldn't just float through the nuetral zone. You make it seem like CHelios was some defensive god, who he alone, was able to shut down Bertuzzi. It was Detroit who shut him down, not just Chelios. And either way, I don't find it very funny for Chelios to mock celebrate all around the rink. I am sorry, but that is poor sportsmanship.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by (PMG)--Post Master Genera
    P.S the Avs will probably win.. godamn mountain freaks....
    Yea, the Av's will hopefully win, but thats not the big thing here. How did you see my face? Who told you how I looked. So what if I'm a mountain freak. *shields face from world* *sniff, sniff*

The_shad (Coloradan)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Originally posted by Kid_Roll
    You make it seem like CHelios was some defensive god
    Chelios is gonna win the Norris trophy this year for the league's best defenseman and if he doesn't, he'll damn sure be a finalist. That in itself speaks volumes.

Besides, I never said he shut Bertuzzi down single-handedly, but he was the player who had the assignment to keep him under control, and from the stats I see in front of me, he did just that.

You say Chelios showed poor sportsmanship? How about the Canucks fan who threw litter on the ice more than once when Vancouver lost the game? The same fans who booed Chelios every time he'd touch the puck. Why? Just cause he played awesome? If they can do that to him, I don't see the big deal in him celebrating after a huge win. The Canucks fans deserved it.

I think you should give the guy some credit at least for being one of the best at his position, even at 40 years of age.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 10-20 Canuck fans who did throw the crap on the ice are morons. They are stupid. I am embaressed that they did that. The fans booed Chelios because the guy put us out of the playoffs in 95 with two OT winners, not because he played awesome this series (at least initially). Chelios loves getting booed anyhow. It wasn't like it made him sad or unhappy. I just think he should take the high road and have just left quietly after game 6. I give Chelios respect for being a great defenseman, it is just that everytime you make a comment, you never once say anything except the fact that Detroit is a powerhouse, and they can do no wrong. It makes it hard to argue over anything with you, because you never concede on any points. I conceded Yzerman won the series. I conceded Detroit was the better team down the stretch. I know Cloutier isn't ready to be the type of playoff goalie we need yet. You never say "Holsmstrom does tend to dive a lot" or "Hasek dives, I know", nothing like that. It makes it very hard to discuss anything, and then I end up getting pissed because all I see is you talking about how good Detroit is. I know you don't mean this, this is just why it may seem like I always go after you. I don't want any hard feelings, I just get very riled up when talking about hockey, especially when it seems like one person refuses to admit anything bad about their team. Anyways, in t 3 years when all your Wings retire, I will have the last laugh. Well, not really because Vancouver has never won a cup, but at least I will get to laugh.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hey there is plenty bad about Detroit, but you have to understand - why would I just randomly start talking about the negatives if the conversation doesn't even warrant it? But if you said something like "man, that dive by Hasek was so sad", I would fully agree. I was watching one of the games with a few people and I said out loud that it was embarassing as a Wings fan to see him do that.

But on the flip side, put yourself in my position. Most of the hockey fans on this board are Canadians and fans of Vancouver and it seems that not a lot of people give credit to the Wings or certain players on the team who did a fabulous job winning the series. Only when I draw attention on it, does that change. It's typical for any fan to only concede points when a) it's obvious or b) someone actually brings it up.

I think we should let this all die. The series is over so there is no use arguing over it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did bring up Hasek diving! lol

Anyhoo, its in the past, I will just wait for a team to knock off the Wings, then we can start arguing again.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hmmm, I just went back looking for it and I see it. I don't think I was online right at that instant that convo was going on but came on after the game and posted a two lined "Wings win" (more or less) message without reading anything before.

But just for the record, yes Hasek does dive a lot and it really annoys me. It seriously is embarassing cause he acts like he's unconscious or something. I'm not even that big of a fan of Hasek, never really have been...his style is so unorthodox it seems like he's more lucky than he is good. But as long as he plays for the Wings, I have to cheer for him.

Detroit better not lose...if they don't win the Cup, I will spare myself the humiliation by never posting in this forum thread again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But at least your team was won a cup. Every team keeps winning cups, ending cupless streaks of great proportions, except the Canucks. Vancouver never wins anything, heh.

BUt in all honesty, if L.A. beats Colorado, and with Phillie and N.J. out of the playoffs, I don't see how the Wings can lose. As we saw in series one, they have too much experience and poise to lose to a team that happens to be playing really really well. Colorado, with Forsberg in the lineup was their biggest threat. Aside from that, the Blues could beat them, but they would need Johsnton to keep kicking ass, which I dont think he can do. But hey, I am getting my ass kicked in the hockeyinformer playoff predictions. For the record, I was a huge Hasek fan before this series, I loved him in Buffalo. I have his poster on my wall.

Well, I did, I took it off for this series and put Team Canada winning gold up. I think I will take down the Penny Hardaway poster and put old Hasek back up, even if he is a diving bastard, and freakishly enough 85% of his saves look like blind luck. BUt I still love the guy. He is my second fave goalie behind Broduer, cause Broduer dont dive.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I just have one hockey poster on my wall and it's of Stevie. I also have a framed picture of him too if that counts.

The team I am most worried about facing Detroit is Los Angeles. They just seem to always play Detroit tough and then there is the upset from last year that will no doubt linger in everyone's mind. I think the Wings can take the Blues. Johnson is like Cloutier, tons of potential, but very young and experienced. If Detroit can get a few by him, they will have a good chance of winning. But if Johnson can win the first game or make like 40 saves or something, it will be a long, tough series.

My favorite goalie in the NHL is...Brian Boucher of the Flyers. No joke. I also love Jose Theodore of Montreal, but I guess I kinda jumped on his bandwagon this season. But I did draft him for my fantasy team before he went on his tear so I'm not a full fledged bandwagon jumper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Boucher? How did you come to like him? I just get annoyed at the fact fans sound like they are booing him after every save, heh. I like Chechmanek a lot more, I wish they had kept him in the series. The goalie that has impressed me the most these playoffs? Nabakov. Theodore I knew would play well, even though 2 years ago I had no idea why the Habs were keeping him around, once again showing my great prediction skills, but Nabakov's glove has been great to watch.

Its odd Boucher is your favorite goalie. He isn't really held in high regard around the league compared to others. Though I can understand you not loving your fav teams goalie, as Osgood was never really embraced by anyone as a great goalie, they just credited the team. Watching some of the goals he lets in in the Leafs/ISlanders series brings back great bad goal memories, lol. BUt watch Boucher win a Vezina so once again I can be wrong about a goalie. I thought Jim Carrey was the future for the Caps.
    Last edited by Kid_Roll; April 29th, 2002 at 5:52 AM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I don't know what it is about Boucher that I like. Maybe that he's young and has tons of potential in my opinion. I think he can become one of the NHL's best goalies but he seems to lose confidence very easily and then gets into a slump. Here's his career in short:

- Breaks in as a rookie two years ago and posts a 1.91 save percentage and almost wins the Calder trophy. That year, leads Philly to within one game of the Stanley Cup finals.

- The next year, shows up and sees a guy by the name of Roman Cechmanek who plays awesome and takes the #1 job away from him. Boucher's confidence nose-dives and he plays miserable the whole year.

- This year, works hard over the summer to get himself into tip top shape. Arrives at training camp and plays phenomenal, like the Boucher from his rookie year. Reclaims the #1 spot from Cechmanek and plays the first two months as the NHL's best goalie. While working on a shutout against Washington, he pulls his hamstring or something and is sidelined for a month (at that time, his GAA was 1.50 and his save percentage was .940).

- Recovers from injury before Christmas, but it's too late, Cechmanek has played well in his absence and has taken back the #1 spot.

- Plays reasonably well down the stretch in hopes that he gets the call in the playoffs, but Bill Barber the Flyers' coach is a Cechmanek backer and gives the #1 spot to Roman, even though Cechmanek went down with an injury just a couple of weeks before the playoffs.

Anyway, yeah as you can see...I think he can be Philly's #1 goalie. I'm not a big fan of Cechmanek as I think he inadvertently causes a lot of friction within the team. At one point in the season he had an interview with a Czech newspaper and said that the Flyers favored Boucher over him. Then during the first round, he went to center ice and yelled his teammates. I hope next year, Bouch gets the #1 spot that he deserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ugh, things keep getting worse for the Leafs. They suspended Corson. I can never go to the bar again if the Leafs lose. There are a suprisingly large amount of Islander fans in Winnipeg. Did anyone see the fans trying to get at Darcy Tucker. He faked a punch and they all jumped back. I was laughing about that. Anywho I really hope that the game doesn't go into OT. That will kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Detroit better not lose...if they don't win the Cup, I will spare myself the humiliation by never posting in this forum thread again!
    O my friend, it isn't that easy. You'd have to change your name and move to a different city and run RajahWWF under an alias cause The_shadster would be taunting you for ages. *sees that the Avalanche are on the brink of elimination* Ah, crap. Be nice?

The_shad (How was I supposed to know that my favorite team could be eliminated tonight? )

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You know, a lot of you guys know what you're talking about, but even those who do are so blindly biased towards their favorite team it pretty much nullifies anything they say. An objective voice would be nice OH HEY.

Montreal/Boston, what a series. I give this one to Montreal in seven even though Boston's my team. This has been high-scoring, hard-hitting hockey and I love every minute of it.

Dafoe, he's played poorly. What's his problem. What a jerk. Dafoe had a great season a few seasons ago, but this year he's been inconsistent when I watched him. He lead his team to a good record, kind of, but he didn't look very sharp at times. But I won't blame many of those goals on him, his defensemen had been playing terribly, and the team took too many penalties.

But Theodore has been awesome. These Habs have played well at times, but the last two periods of game five should be scary for Montreal fans. If you make it past Boston, there's no way you can get a lead and fall apart like you had so many times this season. Theodore is a hot goalie, and he's got tremendous agility but I don't think he's the kind of goalie you can just let save your hides.

Also, if I were a Habs fan I'd want to kill Patrice Bresbios half the time he plays because man does he make some horrible decisions.

LA/Colorado, this too is a good series. Ziggy Palffy, you go girlfriend. I thought Forsberg played well, very well, but he's an awesome player so I wasn't surprised. But man have they been physical. I think Colorado will take this game, and successfully defend their championship (because Kasparaitis owns Hasek).

But Peter (I know him personally, we're friends, I call him Pete) Pete is hurting and man he needs some rest (he tells me, we talk all the time). He's playing tonight and Adam Deadmarsh isn't so I think the Avs have the edge in awesome players.

I've gotta stick with my picks at the beginning of the playoffs ... New Jersey/Colorado final. What, it's still possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jake
    You know, a lot of you guys know what you're talking about, but even those who do are so blindly biased towards their favorite team it pretty much nullifies anything they say. An objective voice would be nice OH HEY.
    I know this doesn't apply to everyone, but I'd just like to say, I've constructively criticized both the Nucks and the Leafs, who happen to be my 2 favorite teams.

Now... going back to my predictions...

Originally posted by swedish_sensation15
    East

Leafs (4) vs. Isles (5) - Leafs in 4. They picked apart the inexperienced Sens 2 years in a row, so, they should be able to pick apart the inexperienced Isles as well. They're also playing the patience game. They played 20 games late in the season without Joseph, and learned how to be patient when they're down, because they didn't have a goalie who can bail them out when they get too hasty and make a mistake. Now they're still playing the patience game, and they also have a wicked goalie to back them up.

Leafs
    Well, was I ever wrong there. The Leafs have been playing a relatively patient game, but it's too low-energy. In last year's playoffs, they were just scrambling. Their d-men were getting down and blocking shots, their forwards (even Sundin) were mucking it up in the corners and along the boards, and it paid off. But they've just looked lazy at times, and have been outclassed.

Hurricanes (3) vs. Devils (6) - Carolina. They nearly got over the hump last year, and then got destroyed in the most important game of the series. This year, they're more experienced, and their experience came against the same exact team.

Hurricanes
    Well, looks like I was right there.

Filthadelphia (2) vs. Sens (7) - Sens. They know what they're doing. They've been destroyed 2 years in a row... 3rd time's a charm. They get to start in Filthy, so they're on the road, they're together, and have probably pulled together moreso due to the fact that they have 2 playoff shellackings under their belts, and they're not gonna let it happen again.

Sens
    Right again.

Bruins (1) vs. Habs (8) - The Habs have some experience, and they had to scratch just to make the playoffs. They're not a team guided by 2 or 3 superstars. They play more of a joint system. They'll pose a challenge. But I think Boston's firepower will overcome that. They're just too offensively deep for Montreal to compete with.

Bruins
    I was right about Montreal posing a challenge... I was right about Boston picking them apart later in the series... but then, there was Theodore. He's very inconsistent though. He has slumps and streaks... he never really finds his groove. The Habs are gonna have to be on top of their game to go any further than this.

West

Blues (4) vs. Hawks (5) - Chicago can't pull together on the road... which usually means that you don't have much team unity... which won't help you in the playoffs, especially in a series where you don't have home ice advantage.

Blues
    Yep.

San Jose (3) vs. Phoenix (6) - The Coyotes are awesome when they get going... and since they're going into the playoffs with a couple wins, they can probably carry that momentum through Round 1... then their inability to win on the road, lack of team unity, and lack of leadership will shine through.

Phoenix
    Haha... nope. They lost their momentum right from the get-go.

Avs (2) vs. Kings (7) - Avs all the way. With Forsberg back, they're a powerhouse. It'll be an offensive battle, as it always is between these 2 teams, and you don't wanna get into an offensive battle with the Avs.

Avs
    Well, they're up 3-0 in Game 7, so...

Wings (1) vs. Nucks (8) - The Nucks are another one of those unified teams. They may not have 10 all-stars, or a $100M payroll, but they fought just to get into the playoffs, so they've been playing meaningful games for a couple weeks. They're warmed up. But eventually, the Nucks will tire out, and the Wings will become too much for them. Awesome goaltending, wicked defence, tons of firepower + experience.

Wings

Unfortunately, I was right.

5/7 so far, pending an amazing LA comeback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Na Na Na,
    Hey Na Na Na,
    Hey Hey Hey,
    Goodbye.

No miracle comeback. Av's advance. Its a final. Av's 4, Kings 0. WOOOOO. that makes my day.

O, and Jake, for me, it's all in good fun. When I have to be serious, I will be. But right now, nothing is even remotely obligating me to be serious and unbiased. My Av's won and I can have a little fun for myself. Now, like if I were doing a live update on hockey (like I was on www.Hockeyinformer.com [cheap plug]. Damn Sawan said he'd pick it up after a little while and then he ditched me ), there's no room for little comments. People want the scores and its a job to give them to the people (I sound like the Rock ). If I were serious 24/7, I might shoot myself from boredom. Tonight I party, but tomorrow... well, I still party. But on Wednesday... no, I'll still be partying. O, well. Someday, I'll be serious. But for today, I'm getting a or something like it.

The_shad (Did you know that you can get drunk off of mouthwash very easily? )

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The habs playoff machine is rolling. I dont think Carolina will pose as mush a threat as Boston was.

The Habs can pull at least a conference final this year, if they keep playing the basics.

GO HABS GO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GO HABS GO! you're damn right~!

This team will make it by the canes, mark my words baby.
    Boston was supposedly the toughest team in the conference, and they proved it by out playing the habs the past two games..luckily theo was right on..but the canes wont control the puck nearly as well or as much as the bruins, and the habs will take out the canes..one can only hope anyway.

As for this chris chelios fella, he's a punk..he is..we had him in montreal, and many of us hate him..he's much like claude lemieux, and others that whine too much after he takes hits..he just bothers me.
    The wings wont be going to the cup finals...the nucks made them work far too hard for their old legs..I think a team like the blues will only wear them down even more, and then the avs will probably pick them apart later on.

Montreal Canadiens Hitlist:

1.Boston Bruins
    2.Carolina Hurricanes

Intercontinental Champion BoSox Rule's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In my opinion, the Bruins were ripped off. Tons of penalties against the Canadiens that were never called. And, the goal in the last period should have counted. Actually it wasn't a goal, but should have been. Theodore threw is stick which is illegal and the Bruins should have been awarded a penalty shot. It's a rule and the referees totally blew. Also, Lapointe was infront of the net, waiting to score, and got clubbed in the neck twice and then knocked for no reason at all. That is a penalty, and was not call.

And, I officially have no respect for Canada. They booed the fucking Star Spangled banner. That is a bunch of bullshit. No offense to anyone in Canada but most of the people in your country are absolutely pathetic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by BoSox Rule
    In my opinion, the Bruins were ripped off. Tons of penalties against the Canadiens that were never called. And, the goal in the last period should have counted. Actually it wasn't a goal, but should have been. Theodore threw is stick which is illegal and the Bruins should have been awarded a penalty shot. It's a rule and the referees totally blew. Also, Lapointe was infront of the net, waiting to score, and got clubbed in the neck twice and then knocked for no reason at all. That is a penalty, and was not call.

And, I officially have no respect for Canada. They booed the fucking Star Spangled banner. That is a bunch of bullshit. No offense to anyone in Canada but most of the people in your country are absolutely pathetic.

You're a fucking idiot.
    First of all, that shouldn't have been a penalty to theo, due to the fact he lost his stick while whipping himself around in order to get the puck..not only that, he got his blocker on the puck as well..your bruins had plenty of chances to score, but they hit too many posts.
    The refereeing sometimes sucks, but this series, and that game was called fairly..you shouldn't say much anyway, seeing as how Mclaren tried to take zednik's head off.

And as for canada being pathetic, just remember who fucking started this bullshit..the USA..in the raptors b-ball game..when they played o canada..they booed..nice people you have..and guess what? The raptors fan never booed back while in toronto..and yes, some canadian fans booed your anthem, but in detroit, new york, and some other cities, our anthem was booed.
    It's a real piss off too, considering most of the players on these american teams are canadians.
    And it's funny how you say no offence to anyone in canada, but MOST of us are pathetic..wtf??

Remember, it's almost always an american who starts shit..and in this case, that holds true.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Umm.... er, BoSox, lately, some United States hockey fans have been booing O, Canada as well. Go to www.hockeyinformer.com and look at about the second-to-last article (or aeven in the high archives if you don't see this in time) and you'll see "Retaliation? Canadian Antem Booed" talking all about it. And Zen, please don't insult USA citizens as a whole group. There are many groups of us. The booing type is the dumbasses group. So don't insult the USA, insult the dumbasses .

This next round is giving me goosebumps. Carolina still isn't out of it yet, but Montreal will be pretty tough if Theodore keeps on rolling. That's gonna be a great series. And how about in the West. Wings/ Blues? That's definitely gonna be great. If the Blues can score and Johnson keeps doing what hes doing, that is. I want to see that more than the SJ/ Av's showdown. San Jose hasn't proved thamselves to me yet. They didn't look too dominant against the Coyotes, which they should. But who am I to talk? The Av's were in a game 7 last night. If they play like that, SJ is screwed.

The_shad (I Hockey)
    Last edited by The_shad; April 30th, 2002 at 6:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Zen, but I didn't hear anything about O Canada being booed. If I had, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry Zen, but I didn't hear anything about O Canada being booed. If I had, I probably wouldn't have said anything.

Damn, lousy american propaganda is what it is...never shows two sides eh?

Anyway, I really didn't mean to call you a fucking idiot..but when people say things without knowing all the facts, my temper flares..sorry.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know this has been said before, but as a proud citizen of Canada, I feel the need to say something as well...

It was our anthem that was booed first, in Detroit... both in the NBA, and in the NHL. I'm not at all condoning our booing of the American anthem, but, it was more reactionary than anything.

...So, by the same token, I guess all the people in your country are pathetic as well.

Originally posted by Zen
    you shouldn't say much anyway, seeing as how Mclaren tried to take zednik's head off.
    This was my assessment, and also that of the NHL disciplinary department...

Basically, McLaren missed an open-ice hit, didn't wanna look like an idiot, so he put his arm out. Being so much taller than Zednik, his elbow hit him right in the nose.

Hemp Knight
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go habs. MAYDAY!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't like how the NHL set things up for scheduling. The Leafs have 1 day to rest before they go right back into a series with Ottawa. It's pathetic.

On another note, the Flyers organization is pathetic. They made Barber the scapegoat. Well, like Don Cherry said, it's not his fault the players weren't hitting, scoring, putting in effort. I think it is time to look at what the real problem is...Bobby Clarke. He has accomplished nothing and the Flyers keep failing. He was the reason Lindros wanted to leave. It's time for the Flyers to take out the trash. I mean look at what Clarke has done recently (this taken from HockeyInformer.com) :
    Clarke spent $101 million on long-term contracts last summer, including a $45 million, five-year deal for forward John LeClair, who scored just 25 goals and was terrible in the playoffs with no points. He also traded a top prospect and three draft picks for 39-year-old centre Adam Oates at the trade deadline.

Look at that, he isn't helping the Flyers. So instead of letting a good coach go they should deal with the real problem.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On another note, the Flyers organization is pathetic. They made Barber the scapegoat. Well, like Don Cherry said, it's not his fault the players weren't hitting, scoring, putting in effort. I think it is time to look at what the real problem is...Bobby Clarke. He has accomplished nothing and the Flyers keep failing. He was the reason Lindros wanted to leave. It's time for the Flyers to take out the trash. I mean look at what Clarke has done recently (this taken from HockeyInformer.com) :
    Clarke spent $101 million on long-term contracts last summer, including a $45 million, five-year deal for forward John LeClair, who scored just 25 goals and was terrible in the playoffs with no points. He also traded a top prospect and three draft picks for 39-year-old centre Adam Oates at the trade deadline.

Look at that, he isn't helping the Flyers. So instead of letting a good coach go they should deal with the real problem.
    Hmm... sounds to me like he's only thinking short term. He was gunning for a championship in the next couple years, by giving up younger talent for a veteran, and getting instant playoff experience. I don't agree with that at all. Even if he was successful this year... say he wins the championship... in the long term, he's giving up young prospects for a player who only has a couple years left in him, players will see that he doesn't care about the future, morale will plummet, players won't wanna play for him, and the team will generally fall apart.

You build from the bottom up... get young players, let them develop together, let them gel, and eventually, you're almost guaranteed a championship. But, sponsors and fans are looking for instant results, business is the name of the game these days, and it's not good for business when you sit on your ass and don't make trades. They're always looking for big trades, big name players, etc.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Blues!

Runnin up on ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ew, the Avalanche looked horrible tonight. They didn't have their head in the game. It should not have been allowed to go all the way to 6-3. Many of those goals were stupid goals that they shouldn't have given up. If losing Blake for a game affects the d that badly, theres a huge problem with those guys.

The_shad (Game 2 will be different, hopefully)

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you know why some people in Canada Boooed that star spangled banner?

Maybe because one of your fucking fighter pilot in afghanistan killed four of our soldier in a TRAINING exercise.

How would YOU react if a canadian soldier killed four marines in training.

Best of all is the USA refused to apologizes, basically saying "shit happens".

I have nothing against the US of A, but dont bash Canada because we had a reason to be angry.

BUT, personnally, I would never booo a national anthem.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, as far as saying you have no respect for Canada, dont forget some people in Canada have helped a great deal following the September 11th attack.

You cannot disrespect a country as a whole. Use your better judgment................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Kozack
    Maybe because one of your fucking fighter pilot in afghanistan killed four of our soldier in a TRAINING exercise.
    Ever wondered why people have negative stereotypes against this country? It's people like you.

Tell me... if one of our fighter pilots killed 4 of their soldiers, and BoSox said "well, you deserve to have your anthem booed, because one of your fighter pilots in Afghanistan killed four of our soldiers in a training exercise"... what would you say? Just think about that for a second...

...Done? Oh, wait, I guess you need more time to process that thought...

...Now are you done? Now, you would probably say "but, just because one of our fighter pilots fucked up, doesn't mean you should stereotype the whole country." Just think about it... 300 million Americans... 1 fighter pilot... and all Americans deserve this stereotype? That's no reason to boo The Star Spangled Banner.

Fuck up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, to all the Canadians on the board. Sorry, but not to Kozack. He obviosly had not read a few posts of fine from above. I said I had no idea of anything happening in other towns or anything. All I knew was that Canada booed the SBB.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Are we done fighting yet. Can we get back to the topic at hand here? Okay thanks.

Blues lost last night. They played well and the two goals that were scored were two good goals that would be hard to stop. Johnson is still playing well along with the team. It was only th first game and I think this is going to end up being a long series before it is all said and done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by MTR
    Are we done fighting yet. Can we get back to the topic at hand here? Okay thanks.

Blues lost last night. They played well and the two goals that were scored were two good goals that would be hard to stop. Johnson is still playing well along with the team. It was only th first game and I think this is going to end up being a long series before it is all said and done.

I agree..I'd be very surprised if the wings take this series in 4 or 5..I'm gonna say if they do win it, it'll be in 7..but I have this strange feeling that the blues might win out.
    Either way, I still say the wings aren't winning the cup this year..they're old, some of their legs are tired(pointing at stevie) and it'll start showing even more in the last two rounds..some team is gonna upset them..I just know it. The Blues have a good chance.

As for tonight, I'd like the Habs to start it off on the right foot, get a win..and not play comeback once in the series..

Ottawa will have their way with the leafs this year..

And the Avs will bounce back, beating the sharks in 7..eventually their guys will unload on nabokov, and roy will settle down, as he always does.
    Thanks, ZEN!

The Beast In URW, It's 4:20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The_shad
    Ew, the Avalanche looked horrible tonight. They didn't have their head in the game. It should not have been allowed to go all the way to 6-3. Many of those goals were stupid goals that they shouldn't have given up. If losing Blake for a game affects the d that badly, theres a huge problem with those guys.

The_shad (Game 2 will be different, hopefully)

i wouldn't get my hopes to high right now, cause San Jose are goin to beat those Avs. out of the playoffs this year. but it is goin to be a good series.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ottawa got lucky. They had alot of rest and the Leafs had one day after playing a brutal series with the Isles. The 5 - 0 win will wake up the leafs. When the Leafs big guys start checking, the Sens are done. When the Sens top guys are rattled the Leafs will take advantage. But if the Leafs play like Philly did then they are finished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by slipknotguy

i wouldn't get my hopes to high right now, cause San Jose are goin to beat those Avs. out of the playoffs this year. but it is goin to be a good series.
    Yes it will be a pretty good series from the looks of game one (even if the Av's sucked on defense), but don't get your hopes up with the Av's going down against the Sharks. The Sharks may be good, but Roy can stop that. Right now, its eating him up inside that 6 goals got past him even though he was not the one to blame (its the defenses job to keep the other team from getting those high percentage shots on goal). If Roy does what he usually does, he's gonna be coming out of the gate strong and be almost unbeatable. Like in game 5 last series vs. the Kings. Or the game after Roy let in that stupid goal in the Stanley Cup. When Roy is motivated, he can do anything.

The_shad (Hmmmm, why are we only getting to play Californian teams? Kings, Sharks... creepy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, time for my predictions again. I was 6/8 in Round 1.

East

Habs (4) vs. Hurricanes (1) - They both have one thing going for them... team chemistry. They both beat teams in Round 1 who were clearly better than them. But, the Hurricanes have more of it. The Habs only won the last 2 games of that series because Theo stood on his head. They were doubly outplayed and looked worn down. So...

Hurricanes

Leafs (2) vs. Sens (3) - The Sens have had more rest, but that's not always a good thing... a break can sometimes throw you off your groove. The Sens still haven't proven anything by defeating Filthadelphia, because they choked. The Leafs have sustained a major challenge, and it should be a big wake-up call to them. Although, the Sens' top line has really come together as of late, Lalime has been consistent, and they've been firing on all cylinders. They should begin to wear down the Leafs later in the series.

Sens

West

Wings (1) vs. Blues (4) - The Blues cruised the 1st round, whereas the Wings were challenged. The Wings have woken up and are now firing on all cylinders... and when they are, they're unbeatable.

Wings

Avs (2) vs. Sharks (3) - The Avs got a shot in the arm when Forsberg came back, but after the 1st couple games, they looked dead. Then, come crunch time, they pulled through with a decisive victory. But, the Sharks have little pressure on them, and a lot to prove. This should be one hell of an offensive battle, and I think the Sharks will pull through here.

Sharks

So, for the conference finals, I predict...

East

Hurricanes vs. Sens

West

Wings vs. Sharks

Now someone... challenge my predictions. I'm bored here, and I need a good hockey debate.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You have the same predictions as me for this round. Last round, I was 5/8.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Argh. You're supposed to challenge me. You're no fun.

Who did you pick last round?

I had...

Wings
    Avs
    'Yotes
    Blues

Bruins
    Sens
    Hurricanes
    Leafs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahahahaha, 5/8 of your predictions right. I laugh at you. I got... 5/8? Son of a....

Hehehe, O well, I'm happy that Carolina won and shocked the NHL and its fans (excluding me and swedish_sensation15). But this round will be different. 4/4 for me baby! It will happen even though 2 of my picks lost game one. Trust me .

The_shad (not to be trusted)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ...(excluding me and swedish_sensation15).
    *high five*

But this round will be different. 4/4 for me baby! It will happen even though 2 of my picks lost game one. Trust me .
    Who did you pick? Argh... I need a debate.

I'm guessing the 2 teams you picked who lost Game 1 were...

Avs
    Habs

Am I right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *high five*

Well, you are 1/2 right. I picked the Av's and Leafs. I love both the Canadiens and the Canes in this playoff for what they have done, but I picked Carolina for the simple fact that I want the Canes to keep upseting those critics (even though technically they are the favorites in round 2). But I think I may have made a mistake in doubting the Senators again. Well, hopefully the Leafs can make it close. Even better if they win.

The_shad (Sharks are going down Baybee [/Dick Vitale])

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *high five*

Well, you are 1/2 right. I picked the Av's and Leafs. I love both the Canadiens and the Canes in this playoff for what they have done, but I picked Carolina for the simple fact that I want the Canes to keep upseting those critics (even though technically they are the favorites in round 2). But I think I may have made a mistake in doubting the Senators again. Well, hopefully the Leafs can make it close. Even better if they win.
    I just don't think the Leafs have it. Joseph's absence served them well for a while. They played a more laid back, patient game, and didn't always need their goalie to back them up. They didn't look for opportunities, but capitalized on them. Their penalty killing was excellent, their defence tightened up, and they were playing a smart style of game. Then Joseph comes back, and they continue to play the same style... then they realize "hey, Joseph's back, we can run and gun again, he can back us up when we make a mistake." By doing that, they basically tired themselves out in Round 1, and barely scratched out a win... which is why Ottawa, with renewed team chemistry on their top line, and a week's rest, absolutely killed them last night. Joseph rarely loses 2 playoff games in a row, but he hasn't seemed himself this year. With all that, plus the fact that the Leafs aren't grinding to make up for the talent gap with Sundin's absence, they don't have enough. I wish they did... I love them to death... but, they don't.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the key to this series for the Leafs is to force it to go long. Reports have stated that Matt Sundin may return in the second round if the series goes long enough. So if the Leafs can win a few games, they get their star back and ultimately have their cup hopes intact again. As for the Senators, they are on fire as of now, but how long can it last? One game can influence the whole series if the chemistry breaks apart because of a stupid little thing. Like a loss. The Sens don't seem as good as everyone says in my opinion. Phily was week and there has only been one game since that point. Game 2 will be a real good indicator of things to dome. But as I say, the Leafs just need to stand Ottawa off for a few games and their Cup hopes are alive again.

The_shad (Wouldn't playing with a broken hand hurt? O well, most of these guys a half insane anyway )

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    In the last round, the ones I got wrong were: Philly/Ottawa, New Jersey/Carolina and Boston/Montreal. I was so close to picking Montreal over Boston, but I figured the wouldn't be able to maintain their momentum for more than two games (much like Vancouver).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the last round, the ones I got wrong were: Philly/Ottawa, New Jersey/Carolina and Boston/Montreal. I was so close to picking Montreal over Boston, but I figured the wouldn't be able to maintain their momentum for more than two games (much like Vancouver).

What? Vancouver? They never played in the playoffs this year......They decided they just didn't feel like it this year......I mean, they would never go up 2-0 in a series just to lose the next 4 in a row. You're crazy........why did you have to bring it up..........

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Oh come on...I know deep down you're a closet Red Wings and Chris Chelios fan and you were cheering for Vancouver to lose.

kind of a bastard
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok, Raj, I pretty much consider you cybergod or something like that, but Chelios is a grade A b!tch. Detroit had a game against the Sabres toward the end of the season. Detroit was getting their asses handed to them, and Chelios started crosschecking people in the back. He did it on 4 occasions that I can think of, also skating up behind Rob Ray while Ray was in a bit of a scuffle (it wasn't a fight at that point) and cracking Ray in the back of the head with his stick-- twice. If that ain't bitch material, I don't know what is. Third man in the fight, attacking with a stick, and getting the hell out of there, quick.

Note: I'm not trying to gloat about that game, in an average game between the Red Wings and Sabres, the Sabres embarass themselves, they don't even need Detroit to do it. I firmly believe that on that night, there is not a team in the league that would have stood a chance on their best night. That was the last game in a 3 game streak in which the Sabres outscored their opponents 13-1, and no one had even put up a fight.
    This has been another terrible, pointless post brought to you by Drew Y

"At the opportune moment,
    I swoop down swing swing I missed her,
    and now it's out into the open,
    I call her ring ring she's not there

At the opportune moment,
    she tells me fling fling I kissed him,
    and now it's out into the open,
    I go out drink drink I can't stay in"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the key to this series for the Leafs is to force it to go long. Reports have stated that Matt Sundin may return in the second round if the series goes long enough. So if the Leafs can win a few games, they get their star back and ultimately have their cup hopes intact again. As for the Senators, they are on fire as of now, but how long can it last? One game can influence the whole series if the chemistry breaks apart because of a stupid little thing. Like a loss. The Sens don't seem as good as everyone says in my opinion. Phily was week and there has only been one game since that point. Game 2 will be a real good indicator of things to dome. But as I say, the Leafs just need to stand Ottawa off for a few games and their Cup hopes are alive again.
    Yeah, but even if they do get Sundin back, we don't know what condition he's gonna be in. But he has proven his on-ice leadership in the last couple years, especially last year against New Jersey, when he rallied the team to a win in Game 5 from 2 down. That 1st game was definitely a wake-up call, after they absolutely destroyed the Sens last year, but Game 3 against the Isles should've also been a wake-up call, and they didn't play much better the next game. They're not responding very well this year. They just don't have the chemistry. But, if Quinn or Sundin can wake them up, and they can get down and start blocking shots and battling in the trenches like last year, maybe they have enough fuel in the tank to win 2 or 3 games. But after that series against the Isles, I bet that's all they have left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the games the Sens have played this year have been against teams not playing like they usually do. I don't know what the hell was wrong with Philly. The rreason they were the favorites was because they were going to hit the Sens into submission. But they didn't. They just skated along the ice sometimes with the puck. Then TO looked like they had just finished a brutal 7 game series. But getting beat 5 - 0 should wake anyone up. Cujo has yet to look like himself. Lalime has yet to be really tested. I mean yeah he took he got shot at but hasn't been tested like Theodore has.

Speaking of that series I don't want to even try to predict it. The teams are so close that it could go either way. But I really want to see a Canadian estern final so GO HABS!!.

San Jose will make it a good series but won't win it. The Avs have too much talent and experience. SJ will not get even close to 6 goals by Roy again. I think Sakic is gonna show everyone why he is the best player in hockey this round. Roy will get his head on straight and the AVs will go on.

Wings/Blues, Wings will win Blues will make it good.

Cam Neely is a pussy Jobber to the stars's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Avs are whipping some ass.

When the Av's have all of their players and are fresh, they're unbeatable!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That may be true Jobber, but I think Colorado doesn't have it in 'em this year.

I hope to god the Redwings don't make it . . .

In the East I like Montreal or Toronto. Hopefully Montreal because Jose Theodore is by far the coolest player in hockey at the moment. Watching him play almost makes me orgasm. No shit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah, I think they do now that they actually have a their roster. They looked unbelivably bad ass tonight, I could hardly keep up with how fast they were scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jobber to the stars

When the Av's have all of their players and are fresh, they're unbeatable!
    Damn right, Jobber. 8-2 tonight. That was really sad seing that many goals go in. The Sharks totally got stomped. And Rob Blake (The hockey player, not the murderous actor) scored the first 2. He equaled the Sharks total goals. The guy who was out last game with a fricken leg injury could have scored all that the Sharks did. Simply amazing. Now the Avalanche have shown how dangerous they are and now everyone will see why they are the defending Stanley Cup Champs. WOOOOO. Hehehe, I screamed my head off when Sakic scored. The only Av who didn't score was Roy and .... wait nevermind, he did score .

The_shad (Very content/happy/drunk)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HELL YEAH BABY!!!

Tonight's game was awesome. I watched at my aunt's house, with the whole family. We went outside and banged pots and pans after they won... until the neighbors told us to shut up...

I'm very impressed with their response to Game 1's blowout... they came out firing, and they were obviously motivated by some sort of leadership. But, again, they got jello legs and the Sens began to take over... they didn't even play that hard... there were the normal warriors (Tucks/Domi/Roberts/Corson), but the offence was sluggish at best, recovered about 5% of their dump-ins, but the key... no powerplays this game. It seems as if, as long as they don't give the game away, they can hold up. This could be the turning point in the series. The Sens wanted this one badly, and some players even went as far as to say they needed this one... and when you lose a pivotal game that 1) you should've won, 2) went over 100 mins, that just deflates your spirits.

In conclusion...

GO LEAFS GO!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the Habs will get their legs back tonight and make it a much better game..I also predict victory for them.
    They can't go down 2.
    I still think the sens will win their series, only now I'm not so sure they'll dominate.

As for the wings, they'll be picked off by the Avs or sharks..I'm still sticking to the avs though.

And chelios is a bitch..I recall what hextall did to him..heh..the guy ran for his life.
    But he brings it all upon himself.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Damn right, Jobber. 8-2 tonight. That was really sad seing that many goals go in. The Sharks totally got stomped. And Rob Blake (The hockey player, not the murderous actor) scored the first 2. He equaled the Sharks total goals. The guy who was out last game with a fricken leg injury could have scored all that the Sharks did. Simply amazing. Now the Avalanche have shown how dangerous they are and now everyone will see why they are the defending Stanley Cup Champs. WOOOOO. Hehehe, I screamed my head off when Sakic scored. The only Av who didn't score was Roy and .... wait nevermind, he did score .

The_shad (Very content/happy/drunk)
    Yeah, the AV's are awesome. Blake wasn't even at 100% and he still dominated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea, that was a real morale lowerer for the Sharks. And those damn Nazi critics. One game lost and all of a sudden, your in big trouble. Now what do they say. Those hypocrites.

Anyway, did anyone else see the Habs/ Canes game? I loved it. It very easily could have been tied very early in the 3rd instead of 4-1 in the end. Thats my favorite series so far this playoff year even just for the fact that neither of them should have gotten that far.

The_shad (Can you tell that I don't really like the so called "experts"? It all started with a little thing called Super Bowl XXXII and only one "expert" picking the Broncos . But they were showed who's da team )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well the Habs won last night, and I'm happy.
    What I'm not thrilled about though, is the fact they keep getting out-shot by such wide margins.
    They allow way too many shots, and don't put up enough..this might hurt them soon.
    But they seem to score often on low shot levels too, which helps..but if they could add another ten shots a game on average, maybe more..and lower the shots taken on them by the same amount, they might be deadly due to jose being in the net.
    It takes about 40 shots to score on the guy, hell.
    Besides that, getting more shots on weekes is the key..he isn't as good as some people think..he has talent, but he hasn't harnessed it all yet..I'd say him and the blues goalie are the two weakest of the reamining teams goaltenders.

Anyway, I think the other three games are on tonight, so I'll choose the winners..

the wings will beat the blues 3-2
    the avs over the sharks 3-1
    the sens over the leafs 4-2

home ice will be good for the sens, it wont matter for the sharks or blues though right now.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight's prediction's:

Blues over the Wings 2 - 1
    Avs over Sharks 4 - 1
    Leafs over Sens 2 - 1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aplayer has never won the stanley cup and olympic gold in the same year. Does anyone know which teams have players that have a shot at doing this.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Aplayer has never won the stanley cup and olympic gold in the same year. Does anyone know which teams have players that have a shot at doing this.
    I know that the Blues have players from team Canada on it. Not sure about any of the other teams left.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Av's and Joe Sakic could make that happen.

Graduate of Bean University
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jobber to the stars

The Av's and Joe Sakic could make that happen.
    It's very likely this year as Carolina, Montreal & Ottawa I think are the only teams without any olympic gold winners on their teams, and none of them are considered favorites to win.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    San Jose has Nolan
    Colorado has Sakic, Blake, Foote
    Detroit has Yzerman, Shanahan
    St. Louis has Pronger, MacInnis
    Toronto has Joseph

I think that's about it for Olympians

And Jason, only two games are on tonight. The Wings/Blues game isn't till tomorrow.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

And Jason, only two games are on tonight. The Wings/Blues game isn't till tomorrow.
    Thought you were talking to me for a sec. I was about to say yeah I know when what day the Blues are going to kick Redwing ass on.

Blues are not out of it yet either. We have played well at times. Johnson has not been bad in goal but it shows he does not have the experience like Hasek. I feel like we will win a couple games but probably not the series. Which is okay with me. There is always next year to really work on the team chemistry which is what I think is missing really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got talking about this at school today...

Wouldn't it be awesome for Canada if a Canadian team won the Cup, plus both Olympic gold medals, in the same year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only bad thing is I think the czech's are gonna take the world championship again..
    They beat us handily last time we played them 5-1, plus they beat the american team as well.
    I believe they are also playing with the only guy we can call a superstar in that tourny, and it's Jagr.

Tonight, let's go Habs, and let's go Blues!!
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Zen
    The only bad thing is I think the czech's are gonna take the world championship again..
    They beat us handily last time we played them 5-1, plus they beat the american team as well.
    I believe they are also playing with the only guy we can call a superstar in that tourny, and it's Jagr.
    That's not a real tourney, 'cause half our players are still playing in the NHL playoffs, along with most other teams'. For another thing, one team could be missing 10 superstars, while another isn't missing any. Totally unfair.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    6-1 baby! The Blues are not out of it yet. Man I wish I could have watched the game. This is going to be a fight to the end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by MTR
    6-1 baby! The Blues are not out of it yet. Man I wish I could have watched the game. This is going to be a fight to the end.

Blah blah blah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we lost, as well did most of the favoured teams in that round..I didn't realize the slovaks were playing with bondra, and palffy and stumpel..they had some superstar talent on that team..
    I wonder why Kariya didn't want to play..I guess it's too much, I don't know..it would have been nice to have him there, along with lindros and some other big names that didn't make the playoffs.

Anyway, back to the playoffs..The Habs win again!!
    If they can win one more time at home, I doubt the canes can come back from a 3-1 deficit..especially with theodore in goal..it's too much, and that's exactly what I'm hoping for..bow down to the legacy and dynasty that is Montreal!

As for tonight:

Avs tie the series up, and the sens win their third.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Blues are introuble. Yeah I known they won 6 - 1 but a 1 or 2 goal win would have been better. I mean by no means are the Blues a bad team. They do have a chance to win. The Wings are very good at rebounding. The Canucks ad total control of the series. But Hasek got his head on straight and the rest of the wings got pissed off. They used their experience to get to the younger players. That won't happen to the Blues but they need to pick up right where they left off. They need to get to Hasek before he gets comfortable. Plus I don't think that there will be more than 3 Blues pp. After last night they will be way to disciplined to take penalties. If the Blues tie it up they HAVE to win game 5. Whoever wins game 5 will win the series.

As for my leafs, they will win tonight. Cujo will be like a brick wall tonight. The 2 goals that shouldn't have been will be their motivation. They haven't really tested Lalime yet. Tonight I think we are going to see a different Toronto team.

What else can you say about Jose Theodore. He is the reason the reason the Habs got to the playoffs and he is the reason they are still in the playoffs. But the Habs are going to have to cut down on the amount of shots they let teams get. It will come back and bite them in the ass eventually.

Avs/Sharks is too close to call. I didn't think the Sharks had a chance coming but they have played awesome. The Avs really need to stop taking stupid penalties. This series will definately go 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The 2 goals that shouldn't have been will be their motivation. They haven't really tested Lalime yet. Tonight I think we are going to see a different Toronto team.
    Exactly. Joseph rarely loses 2 games in a row... he's a great rebound goalie... and whenever people begin to question him, he comes up big. Refer to Game 2 of this series, after he floundered in Game 1 and gave up 5.

Supporting Radical Habits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Although I usually don't care for his columns that much anymore, Detroit Free Press columnist Mitch Albom had a decent one yesterday. So I decided to pop on in and share it with some fellow hockey fans.

BY MITCH ALBOM
    FREE PRESS COLUMNIST

As the last city in America to have hockey and basketball teams in the playoffs, we in Detroit have a unique problem.

It can all get so confusing. Slam dunks on Tuesdays? Slap shots on Wednesdays? Or is it the other way around?

What channel are we on?

Which round is it?

How do we know which sport we're watching?

There are many differences between the NBA and the NHL, not the least of which is you've never seen hockey players' knees.

Still, these are confusing times. So I am here to help. Having covered both sports for many years, I can offer the definitive guide for telling which is which.

Ready?

You know it's basketball when you can't see the foul.

You know it's hockey when you can't see the puck.

You know it's basketball when the player goes down.

You know it's hockey when the player gets up.

You know it's basketball when the cheerleaders sign autographs.

You know it's hockey when the Zamboni driver signs autographs.

You know it's basketball when Snoop Dogg is in the locker room.

You know it's hockey when real dogs are in the locker room.

You know it's basketball when the players are dating models.

You know it's hockey when the players marry them.

In hockey, a four-point lead is a lock.

In basketball, a 25-point lead is suspect.

In hockey, the last two minutes feel like six seconds.

In basketball, the last two minutes feel like an eternity.

In hockey, a "good check" means you creamed the other guy.

In basketball, a good check is $2,304,677.50.

In hockey, they go to the Olympics for glory.

In basketball, they go for the golf.

In hockey, they play Game 1 Monday, Game 2 Wednesday and Game 3 Friday.

In basketball, they play Game 1 in April, Game 2 in May and Game 3 TBA.

You know it's basketball when Jay-Z is playing in the locker room.

You know it's hockey when Garth Brooks is playing in the locker room.

You know it's basketball if players scowl when they come to the bench.

You know it's hockey if players gasp when they come to the bench.

You know it's basketball if the fans boo the Canadian national anthem.

You know it's hockey if the fans know the words to the Canadian national anthem.

You would never see a hockey player remove his earring.

You would never see a basketball player remove his teeth.

You would never see a hockey player do an interview in a shower cap.

You would never see a basketball player do an interview while bleeding.

You would never see Charles Barkley wearing Don Cherry's high collar.

You would never see Don Cherry wearing Charles Barkley's dog collar.

You would never see a hockey player named Del'icious.

You would never see a basketball player named Trevor.

In basketball, "Dougie" is the kid who gets the doughnuts.

In hockey, "Dougie" is your All-Star center.

In basketball, they slam into each other during intros.

In hockey, they save that for the game.

In basketball, when a guy pulls his shirt over his head, he's done.

In hockey, when a guy pulls a shirt over his head, he's just getting started.

In basketball, you get The Doctor, The Glove and The Answer.

In hockey, you get Shanny and Sudsie.

In basketball -- in Detroit -- when you ask, "Are there still tickets left?" they say, "Sure, the $10 seats or the $19 seats?"

In hockey -- in Detroit -- when you ask, "Are there still tickets left?" they say, "Sure, 2005 or 2006?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Curtis Joseph. Man he saved the game sooooo many times. I don't care what anyone says that wasn't a goal. The referee's made the right call. The Leafs HAVE to win this next game. This is a pivotal game in the series. I will go out on a limb and say the winner of game 5 will win the series.

former FWWF IC champ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perreault SCORES!!!!!
    2-0 Montreal! WOOO!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot believe that Montreal lost after having a 3 goal lead. Their play in the 3rd period was so stupid. They didn't even try to get another one. They let Carolina dominate them. They had a chance to basically shut the door on the series but instead it's tied. I have a sick feeling that they will lose the series because of this. This will shatter their confidence. Hopefully they can bounce back.

The Blues are done. They fought hard but I don't think they can get 3 straight on the Wings. I am glad because Demitra and Ktachuk(sp) are killing me in my hockey pool.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Curtis Joseph. Man he saved the game sooooo many times. I don't care what anyone says that wasn't a goal. The referee's made the right call. The Leafs HAVE to win this next game. This is a pivotal game in the series. I will go out on a limb and say the winner of game 5 will win the series.
    Yep... and home ice advantage has nothing to do with it now. In Round 2, home ice is 50-50. No advantage there... this is the playoffs now, and most teams run purely on momentum. I think, after watching the Habs blow their lead, the Leafs will realize just how much danger they're in... they're gonna be goin' all out. They just lost Pilar again, so they're gonna be playing with 5 guys from the minors... the sense of urgency is definitely there. They're gonna be throwing everything out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    )Man, those were great games today. Even though I was suffering from a condition (called lackiosis of sleepius), I stiil really enjoyed them. If the Blues could have scored one more goal today and won it in OT, do you guys realize that each series would ahve been 2-2? Its amazing what these playoffs have done this year. But I'm more confident than ever about my Av's. They win every time when they need to, so it doesnt matter if they try to kill me with game 7's... unless they actually succeed in killing me. Then I'll be pretty pissed. But how many of these are going into game 7? This is great!

The_shad (*falls asleep, drooling on keyboard* *is shocked from electricity* )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The_shad (*falls asleep, drooling on keyboard* *is shocked from electricity* )
    Nah, that's not the way to do it.

You wake up in a groggy state, and say... "Wha? Oh, um... I was just... just testing... testing the keyboard for... for... drool resistancy. Yeah... drool resistancy."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you think I have a Kane mask in my sig? I need to use it since the electricity burns make me look like a . Don't look, I'm hidious. Wait, these aren't real scars. These are those things HHH used when he was "bit" by a rattlesnake.

Well, back on topic, who thinks this is the best playoff year they have seen in a long time? So many impossible things have happened this year. Lalime and Johnson with their shutouts. The Av's and Kings going to 7. Carolina winning their series. It's just amazing.

The_shad (Wha? Oh, um... I was just... just testing... testing the keyboard for... for... drool resistancy. Yeah... drool resistancy)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you think I have a Kane mask in my sig? I need to use it since the electricity burns make me look like a . Don't look, I'm hidious. Wait, these aren't real scars. These are those things HHH used when he was "bit" by a rattlesnake.

Well, back on topic, who thinks this is the best playoff year they have seen in a long time? So many impossible things have happened this year. Lalime and Johnson with their shutouts. The Av's and Kings going to 7. Carolina winning their series. It's just amazing.

The_shad (Wha? Oh, um... I was just... just testing... testing the keyboard for... for... drool resistancy. Yeah... drool resistancy)
    Well, if it helps, I'll post my Mankind sig... he has a mask too... but that's just because he's ugly. That and the fact that he has no ear. My friend has this little doll on her backpack, and it only has one ear, and I keep calling it her "Mick Foley doll"... she still doesn't know what it means. She freaks out every time I say it. "I want your Mick Foley doll." "What's a Mick Foley?!"

*ahem* Yes... this has been a great playoff year... and the way goalies have been standing on their heads, mainly Joseph/Lalime/Theo (The Canadian Connection... ), has been amazing... great hockey. The one team just peppering them with shots, and the goalies barely hanging onto a one-goal lead, fierce battles in the trenches, new rivalries developing = quality, quality hockey.

Hey man... you forgot the period at the end. "Yeah... drool resistancy." With a fucking period, you twat! *shakes fist*

MSN: the_sexuality_of_bereavement@hotmail.com
    ...I don't use goddamn stupid AIM, so don't even ask for it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Swedish Sensation

Well, if it helps, I'll post my Mankind sig... he has a mask too... but that's just because he's ugly. That and the fact that he has no ear. My friend has this little doll on her backpack, and it only has one ear, and I keep calling it her "Mick Foley doll"... she still doesn't know what it means. She freaks out every time I say it. "I want your Mick Foley doll." "What's a Mick Foley?!"
    Foley is God!

*ahem* Yes... this has been a great playoff year... and the way goalies have been standing on their heads, mainly Joseph/Lalime/Theo (The Canadian Connection... ), has been amazing... great hockey. The one team just peppering them with shots, and the goalies barely hanging onto a one-goal lead, fierce battles in the trenches, new rivalries developing = quality, quality hockey.
    Don't forget about Roy! He may not be on a Canadian team, but it isnt "R-oy", its "Wa". He's been pretty decent this playoff (especially in games 5 and 6 against LA) and he'll be the key factor when the Av's play the Wings. He'll show Hasek who is the best goalie ever.

Hey man... you forgot the period at the end. "Yeah... drool resistancy." With a fucking period, you twat! *shakes fist*
    O, my fucking ears. Its not nice to swear. And its only a period (Must... Resist... Un-PC... Comment... Mustnt... Get... Killed... By... Certain.... People...)

The_shad (Kane, Foley, and Hall rule. And I can't see any of them anymore . )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Detroit sure does get lazy when they're ahead in the 3rd period.