Page 4 of 181 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Official NHL Thread

R.I.P. Dimebag -- 1966-2004 Swedish Sensation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Psychosport2000
    How can a goaltender that has been absolutely sensational throughout the last few games choke on a shot from the centerline?

Now you know how I felt when Salo did that a few months ago.

Looks like the Wings have taken control again. The only thing the Nucks had on their side was team unity... now they're playing at home, and they're not together as much... and the Wings have begun to take over. You just can't top that firepower... offence, defence, goaltending and experience.

You are one uninformed hound.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Montreal is doing an great job against Boston, but they need to what Boston did in the second game, tighten up the neutral zone, not let the puck through, make Boston skate through other than pass. Also they really need to disipline. I just hope they Remove Koivu from teh starting line, he's an awesome player, but I think someone else could play better, on RW.

Who would of thought that 8th would be able to win a game against 1st. Well maybe a lot of people but I'm tired of people putting Montreal down, they are a good team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by TC Man
    Montreal is doing an great job against Boston, but they need to what Boston did in the second game, tighten up the neutral zone, not let the puck through, make Boston skate through other than pass.
    I agree fully... Boston was just opening it up, and making some crazy passes. If Montreal could've plugged that neutral zone, they would've probably prevented atleast a couple of those goals.

The Habs still suck.

Here's something I just posted in the Off-Topic forum... I think some of you might find it interesting... especially Kid_Roll and Psychosport...

Did anyone see the Detroit/Vancouver game last night? Now, I admit, Detroit played well. But Vancouver played well enough to win, and more importantly, well enough to take a stranglehold on the series. Instead, they've blown it, and will probably lose in 6, now that the Wings have broken outta their slump. What I don't understand is how, in the playoffs, average teams scratch their way into the playoffs, face a powerhouse, and win their first 2 games on the road. It's obviously due to team unity, right? They've had to fight just to get this far, now they're on the road, they're together, and it's a real team atmosphere. Then, they go home, and they start getting blown away. Why? Most likely because they haven't been together. They're at home, visiting their families. Why not sleep in a hotel and stick together, so you have that same team unity at home, and don't lose all your momentum? You'd think it would be a simple fucking concept... but apparently not. I think the Avs are the only team whose ever done that.

Graduate of Bean University
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make an interesting point SS, some teams do better on the road and the team unity is often a good reason for it. Another is the lack of distractions though which is related in some ways... I don't have any statistics to back this up, but I think in the pro sports home ice/field advantage statistics are proving over recent years that playing at home isn't as advantageous as it used to be.

10 years ago a team would stick together for the most part for 5-10 years so the team unity would be there, but now with player turnovers higher then ever, that time spent together on the road is so much more crucial for teams to create some team unity, especially on teams where they pick up a couple of players at the trade deadline and try to fit them in...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    From a CP article released today:

"The Canucks are staying at a downtown hotel the night before home playoff games."

So I guess they aren't staying at their respective houses or whatever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Rajah
    From a CP article released today:

"The Canucks are staying at a downtown hotel the night before home playoff games."

So I guess they aren't staying at their respective houses or whatever.
    Way to blow my theory outta the water, ya dirty bastard.

Originally posted by DrEvil
    You make an interesting point SS, some teams do better on the road and the team unity is often a good reason for it. Another is the lack of distractions though which is related in some ways... I don't have any statistics to back this up, but I think in the pro sports home ice/field advantage statistics are proving over recent years that playing at home isn't as advantageous as it used to be.

10 years ago a team would stick together for the most part for 5-10 years so the team unity would be there, but now with player turnovers higher then ever, that time spent together on the road is so much more crucial for teams to create some team unity, especially on teams where they pick up a couple of players at the trade deadline and try to fit them in...
    Thanks for the input... very good point too.

Also, when a team's been playing significant games for 2 weeks leading into the playoffs, like the Nucks have, they tend to stick together and be more resiliant. Eventually though, they just get tired out. Since Rajah blew my last theory outta the water ( ), I'm gonna say it's because they're tired... they had to fight just to make the playoffs, then they make it, they've reached their goal, and they've still gotta fight. It helps at first, but eventually, the exertion and the stress just comes crashing down on them. Especially against a team like Detroit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by swedish_sensation15

Avs
    *puts swedish_sensation15 in good books* Well, they are getting shamed right now, but not for long. All the Avalanche need is the Forsburg/Sakic connection ONCE, and they are back in it. *prays* Well, at least the Kings didn't score in the begining of the 3rd like the other 2.

The_shad (The Sakic/ Forsburg connection totally reeks of awsomeness )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why yes... the Sakic and Foreskin correction.

They're just having an off-night... Sakic is -3, so that would pretty much explain it all. Once they get going, they're unstoppable. It's amazing how Forsberg has come back and made such an impact right away. I just hope he doesn't tail off, like many players do after coming back from some time off. Forsberg plays a rough game and could easily get re-injured if he doesn't tone it down.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh man are the Devils kicking ass. Irbe has been pulled for the second consecutive game. It's 3-0 early in the third period. I say Devils win the next two and win the series in 6. Wooo!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stop bragging, bitch. All the underdogs are winning their first 2 games on the road, then they go home, and they start losing. It looks like both Vancouver and Toronto have last their momentum. Toronto will probably come back, 'cause they have a good goalie, but Vancouver looked pretty overwhelmed for the last 10 mins of Game 3, and it looks like things are balancing out in all the other series too. The favorites are starting to take over. They usually do by Game 3 or 4, if they haven't already.

former FWWF IC champ
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All the underdogs are winning their first 2 games on the road, then they go home, and they start losing.
    Well, Montreal didn't win the first two, but don't count on them to lose at home...
    WOOO!!!!! Montreal wins game 3!
    GO HABS GO!!!!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Devils dominated Carolina and the Islanders DESTROYED the Leafs. Sweeeeet.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck.

Would you please stop talking like the Canucks lost 347618570126781268471236473051237521512306723-0 and are fucked for the series. It's annoying the hell out of me.

Game three was a CLOSE game. The score was 3-1. The shots were 26-23. And Vancouver looked very much alive. Do not count them into getting sweeped in the next 3. They are doing FINE.

Jesus...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Simmer, simmer.

But in case you haven't noticed, that is how the Canucks fans all over the world were talking when the Wings went down 0-2. Trust me, I know.

You stay classy Planet Earth Jason_HBK's Avatar
    HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess the whiny little bitch Milbury got his way. 9 power plays. Everyone gives so much credit to Steve Webb. Wow, he threw a couple nice hits. But as much as I despise the Islanders, I will give them credit they played a hell of a game. But Game 4 is gonna be hell for Steve Webb and Isbister. Roberts and Tucker are gonna be after them. I assume everyone saw the cheap shots Isbister delivered to Roberts at the end. Man my blood is boiling. Hopefully Vancouver can calm me down and get a win tonight. How sweet was the Habs come from behind win. God I love hockey!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Raj, but it just pisses me off.

And already I'm frustrated with tonight's game. God. The Canucks come out with an aswesome offensive start, but are losing 2-0 because Detroit managed to score on their first two shots.

Damn. Get Skudra in there.

Oh, and EDIT for Rajah: I just wanted to point out that I am a canuck fan (obviously) and I wasn't saying that after the first two games
    Congrats. You win the no-prize.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Images and Words
    Devils dominated Carolina and the Islanders DESTROYED the Leafs. Sweeeeet.
    No... not sweet. Evil.

The Leafs just didn't have it tonight. You can blame it on the refs, but I don't think the refs accounted for a 5-goal fucking difference...

I think the problem is that the Leafs are never challenged. They always cruise into the playoffs, they beat the chokers, and as soon as they face a tough team, they flop. I also think it has a lot to do with Fat Pat. The first year he was there, Toronto had team unity, and they would always pull together when they needed it most. The young guys would step up, i.e. Lonny Bohonos and Adam Mair. You could feel the energy in the 3rd period when they were down by a goal.

Now, they look sluggish... and I think some of it is due to the tinkering that Pat's done... he's picked up a buncha semi-superstars, but he hasn't let the guys gel. I think there's too much competition for leadership. That's why, in the Devils series last year, we saw too many guys trying to pull the reins. One game, it would be Domi... then Corson... then Tucker... then Sundin... then Roberts.

Anyways... discuss...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my god. My respect for Hasek has plummeted. What an f-ing diver. Jovo's stick touched his glove and he flies back on his ass. If the Canucks lose this series I want any team to kick Detroits ass. Or maybe have someone take a real run at Hasek so he knows what it feels like to be hit for real. Man I wish he hadnt slipped when he went after Roy so Roy could have kicked his ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Talk about dives, look at Hasek anytime someone so much as nudges him. He acts like he has been shot. Pisses me right the fuck off because the refs will call it 90% of the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Kid_Roll
    Oh my god. My respect for Hasek has plummeted. What an f-ing diver. Jovo's stick touched his glove and he flies back on his ass. If the Canucks lose this series I want any team to kick Detroits ass. Or maybe have someone take a real run at Hasek so he knows what it feels like to be hit for real. Man I wish he hadnt slipped when he went after Roy so Roy could have kicked his ass.

I hate that little bastard. Remember a couple years ago, when Buffalo played Washington, and he kept getting out of his crease... then he paid the price for it, and he still bitched to the refs? Of course he got his way too. The funniest thing though, was when he threw his glove. He looked like a 4 y/o having a temper tantrum.

...Oh, and by "any team," you mean the Leafs, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2-2.......please say Vancouver can come back from this.....Talk about the series of deflections. 70% of the goals in this series are deflections. Yeah, I remember Buffalo vs Washington. Hasek is the biggest diver of all the goalies. He pisses me off so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What the fuck.

Would you please stop talking like the Canucks lost 347618570126781268471236473051237521512306723-0 and are fucked for the series. It's annoying the hell out of me.

Game three was a CLOSE game. The score was 3-1. The shots were 26-23. And Vancouver looked very much alive. Do not count them into getting sweeped in the next 3. They are doing FINE.

Jesus...
    Yeah, isn't it fun how whenever Vancouver wins it was because Detroit wasn't playing its best game, and when Detroit wins, it is just shows how dominant they are and the series is over? It's nice to know people respect the Canucks. We are only in the playoffs cause other teams did bad apparently.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasek is so annoying. Every time he's tapped he flops like Claude Lemieux. Not to mention that thing last game where he knocked the net off. I haven't seen an intentional one of those THAT obvious in all my life.

But, Woo! 2-2. The fans are pumped, the teams are pumped. The third is going to be so exciting.., I don't think my heart can take it
    Last edited by PsychoSport; April 24th, 2002 at 12:31 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, isn't it fun how whenever Vancouver wins it was because Detroit wasn't playing its best game, and when Detroit wins, it is just shows how dominant they are and the series is over? It's nice to know people respect the Canucks. We are only in the playoffs cause other teams did bad apparently.
    Ugh.

You aren't kidding. Everywhere I go it's "well the Canucks got lucky in the first two games, but now Detroit has waken up and are going to take the series." Like it's such a hard concept that an underdog team can play well and win games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well guys, looks like this is the swing game. If you win it, huge boost, take a strangehold on the series. If you lose, heartbreaker, and you'll probably lose in 6.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's over.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, now we're going to lose in six, says the great prophet SS_15.

The Wings can bounce back from losing two straight, but god forbid Vancouver can.

Ach. The Canucks didn't play poorly, I don't think. The thing they need to improve on though is their powerplay, which is odd because it was so damn good in the regular season. It was, however, pathetic tonight. Cloutier made an awesome save on what's-his-face too.

-Sopel had an awesome game, I thought. Linden as well. I'm depressed to see the loss, but meh. It isn't over yet.
    Last edited by PsychoSport; April 24th, 2002 at 2:04 AM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Wooo! Wings tie the series and have like ALL the momentum. Wings in six, just like I predicted!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    EDIT: Wrong thread...

Actually...wrong forum...
    Last edited by PsychoSport; April 24th, 2002 at 1:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think playing at home rattled Cloutier. I mean in Detroit he played awesome. But at home he lets in in 2 game winning goals that could have easily been prevented. When the Nucks won the first 2 people were talking sweep and now that they have lost 2 they are talking elimination. Weird how 2 games can make someone do a 360.

I predict the Canucks in 7.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yzerman shouldn't be allowed to play. Honestly. If he's in so much goddamn pain that everytime he is hit, the announcers shit themselves, then he shouldn't be fucking playing. I am so sick of the "He's playing on one leg" bullshit. So, of course, he scores the game winning goal. Tears my heart out after being so excited after the second.

I honestly think that if you aren't in 100% condition, you shouldn't play hockey.

I agree with you, Jason, about Cloutier. He seemed to have quite the jitters at home. Luckily, if the Canucks win every road game. that's the series . Even though I want them to win at home

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Vancouver winning the first two games (whether it be at home or on the road is irrelevant) is pretty explainable: they came in totally HOT, Detroit came in totally COLD. Now the Wings are getting in a groove, Hasek is slowly returning to his old dominating self, Yzerman is single-handedly outplaying all the Canucks forwards by himself on one knee, and Vancouver is getting frustrated. I'm not guaranteeing that Detroit will win the series...but I will say that the odds are clearly in the Wings' corner now.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yzerman shouldn't be allowed to play. Honestly. If he's in so much goddamn pain that everytime he is hit, the announcers shit themselves, then he shouldn't be fucking playing. I am so sick of the "He's playing on one leg" bullshit. So, of course, he scores the game winning goal. Tears my heart out after being so excited after the second.

I honestly think that if you aren't in 100% condition, you shouldn't play hockey.

I agree with you, Jason, about Cloutier. He seemed to have quite the jitters at home. Luckily, if the Canucks win every road game. that's the series . Even though I want them to win at home
    Want a tissue with that? Please. Yzerman is a fucking warrior. If the Canucks captain could play like him, it'd be a different story. Don't whine just cause the best player on the ice is on the other team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canucks stopped firing the puck on net, which is why we lost. And we stopped hitting Yzerman, who doesn't look all that hurt to me. Pulling a Michael Jordan "I have the flu" type thing to inspire his players. Canucks kept nailing him in the first two games which really helped, and fired the puck constantly on Hasek which is why we won the first two. We seemed to try and be too fancy at home, and didn't fire the puck as much.

Two things: 1) Ohlund can hit. Ohlund can score. But for the life of him, he can't fucking clear the puck out of his zone if his life depended on it. I can't tell you how many games I have gone to and seen Ohlund lazily shoot the puck around the boards only to have it stopped by the other team, and resulting in a goal. He is so lazy and refuses to fire the puck hard along the boards. I can't stand his defensive play!

2) Brian Helmer needs to be shot. I enjoy seeing the guys get a shot at the pros just as much as the next guy, but his time is up. Powerplay with 6 minutes left, what does he do? Passes it back into his zone where no one is. Not only that, his turnovers have resulted in at least 3 Detroit goals, not too mention god knows how many scoring chances. Bring up Allen, at least he will play sound positionally instead of Helmer, who's only upside is his offence, which isn't even there anyhow. God I hate Helmer.

Linden ruled that game, much like he has in the series, he is always a good playoff performer. As for Naslund, where is he? Did he dress tonight? He must have been scratched, cause I didn't see him once this game. Some guy wearing a 19 jersey was out there, but that couldn't have been Naslund, right?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want a tissue with that? Please. Yzerman is a fucking warrior. If the Canucks captain could play like him, it'd be a different story. Don't whine just cause the best player on the ice is on the other team.
    Yeah, I'm sorry. Just a little frustrated that's all

It isn't Yzerman I'm mad at, it's the announcers. Yes Yzerman is playing awesome, but I don't need to hear every five seconds that he is "playing on one leg". I like Yzerman, honestly, I do. But I seriously believe that if you are in poor condition, you shouldn't play. I said the same thing tonight when Cloutier appeared to be injured, I said to put skudra in because I don't want him playing if he is hurt.

It's just an opinion of mine, so don't make accusations, please.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    And we stopped hitting Yzerman, who doesn't look all that hurt to me. Pulling a Michael Jordan "I have the flu" type thing to inspire his players.
    Shit, that's the most ignorant statement I've seen in a while. If you follow the Detroit team or Yzerman in particular, you'll know that he had knee surgery earlier this year, came back too soon so he could help Canada win the Gold at the Olympics and then re-aggravated it causing him to play in only two games since February. Not to mention he's had a huge history of knee problems dating back to since he was 22 years old when he slid into the net and destroyed his knee and has had surgery about five to ten different times over the past decade.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The CBC announcers are stupid and annoying...you should know that if you watch HNIC most weeks. They embellish and emphasize the most retarded things half of which don't even figure into the play or even the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shit, that's the most ignorant statement I've seen in a while. If you follow the Detroit team or Yzerman in particular, you'll know that he had knee surgery earlier this year, came back too soon so he could help Canada win the Gold at the Olympics and then re-aggravated it causing him to play in only two games since February. Not to mention he's had a huge history of knee problems dating back to since he was 22 years old when he slid into the net and destroyed his knee and has had surgery about five to ten different times over the past decade.

Yeah, ok, call me ignorant, you rule. What I meant, was, that if he was truly hurt, was playing with a knee that was just about to bust, then he wouldn't keep playing so great. Yes, he is hurt, I know this, but obviously the knee injury isn't impeding him as much as the announcers make it out to. Whether he is getting shots for his knee, or a knee brace is doing wonders, his knee is obviously not killing him WHILE ON THE ICE. I was the first one to admit Stevie Y is playing amazing, I just don't think the knee is taking him too much out of his game.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vancouver winning the first two games (whether it be at home or on the road is irrelevant) is pretty explainable: they came in totally HOT, Detroit came in totally COLD. Now the Wings are getting in a groove, Hasek is slowly returning to his old dominating self, Yzerman is single-handedly outplaying all the Canucks forwards by himself on one knee, and Vancouver is getting frustrated. I'm not guaranteeing that Detroit will win the series...but I will say that the odds are clearly in the Wings' corner now.

Agreed. However, I think Vancouver can bounce back. I honestly do. They did not, in my opinion, play poorly tonight, and even though the Wings DO have the ball in their court (puck in their rink? ) I still see a good last few games out of Vancouver.

Nevertheless, even if Detroit does win it in six, I will be happy that we got two. (I'm starting to calm down now )

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What does it matter how much his knee is hurt? Bottom line is his knee IS fucked up, he is not 100%. If it was the regular season he wouldn't be playing but it's the playoffs, he wants his team to win and he's playing. And playing the absolute best he can play. Just because he's outplaying every single person on the Canucks bench, the Nucks fans come out of the woodworks saying he shouldn't have played or isn't hurt blah blah blah.

If he played the exact same way and scored the exact same points and Vancouver WON, you probably wouldn't even bring it up.

Edit: I didn't call you ignorant. I said you made an ignorant statement because that's what it appeared to me...saying he's not hurt when he really is.
    Last edited by Rajah; April 24th, 2002 at 1:57 AM.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Agreed. However, I think Vancouver can bounce back. I honestly do. They did not, in my opinion, play poorly tonight, and even though the Wings DO have the ball in their court (puck in their rink? ) I still see a good last few games out of Vancouver.

Nevertheless, even if Detroit does win it in six, I will be happy that we got two. (I'm starting to calm down now )
    Vancouver can definitely still win it. After all, it's now a best out of three series and the longer it goes, I think Detroit getting in their groove can easily be balanced by the fact that the Nucks are younger. We shall see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What does it matter how much his knee is hurt? Bottom line is his knee IS fucked up, he is not 100%. If it was the regular season he wouldn't be playing but it's the playoffs, he wants his team to win and he's playing. And playing the absolute best he can play. Just because he's outplaying every single person on the Canucks bench, the Nucks fans come out of the woodworks saying he shouldn't have played or isn't hurt blah blah blah.

If he played the exact same way and scored the exact same points and Vancouver WON, you probably wouldn't even bring it up.
    Yes I would have brought it up. The announcers, papers, Don Cherry are all making too much of Yzerman playing. It's oversaturation. I was going to bring it up regardless if Vancouver won, because regardless, the press will look back in amazement at what a warrior Yzerman is. I don't think he shouldn't play, that is a horrible idea. If you think you can play and contribute to your team, then by all means, go for it. I know he is hurt, you can tell when he tries to get off the ice after a hit. I was just saying how he is drawing inspiration from his play, even if the knee doesn't bother him as much as people think. It is a good captain thing to do. Whatever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *shrug*, well I don't think injured people should play. It's dangerous.

You all may think otherwise, but whatever, it's just my opinion.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit, with all the tension in this thread, you'd think we all PLAYED in the game tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This game was the worst for dives I have seen in awhile. It was like evry time a player got touched he dropped like he was shot. Sometmes however the player did fall. But everytime a Canuck fell Chelios raised his hand wanting a dive penalty. Give me a break. If anyone should get one it should be Hasek. Hopefully Vancouver starts out hot early in Detroit so the fans turn on the Wings again. Speaking of the fans both teams were fucking pathetic. First in Detroit they were booing during the Canadian National anthe, Then in Vancouver they were booing and talking during the American national anthem AND when the 4 Canadians were being honored. I agree with Don Cherry, those fans are the scum of the earth.

On a good note, how sweet was the Habs win. I was loving every minute of it even though I couldn't understand what the announcers were saying.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jason_HBK
    ... in Vancouver they were booing and talking during the American national anthem AND when the 4 Canadians were being honored. I agree with Don Cherry, those fans are the scum of the earth.
    I agree with you 100%

I was almost embarrased to be Canadian during that was happening. I honestly couldn't believe it. Show some fucking respect, you asses.

I haven't been this mad at a crowd since the "we want puppies" chants at RAW.

Sad.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Who cares about that silly Detroit/Vancouver series? I mean we all know that the Blues are going to kick the winner's ass in the second round.

Blues are up 3-1. Johnson has three shut outs in his first three playoff victories. He is currently tied for the record for straight shut outs in the playoffs. He has only played 7 playoff games to boot.

Chicago is lucky that they have a win considering they have only scored two goals in the four games. I say this is over in five when they come back to St. Louis.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by MTR
    Who cares about that silly Detroit/Vancouver series? I mean we all know that the Blues are going to kick the winner's ass in the second round.

Blues are up 3-1. Johnson has three shut outs in his first three playoff victories. He is currently tied for the record for straight shut outs in the playoffs. He has only played 7 playoff games to boot.

Chicago is lucky that they have a win considering they have only scored two goals in the four games. I say this is over in five when they come back to St. Louis.
    Heh. I agree. Blues in five. . But I don't think Johnson can hold up. I think he's very solid, but I don't think he can carry the team to a Stanley Cup. But if he proves me wrong and stays as hot as he is, the Blues will be as tough as anybody to defeat. I still think we'll see another New Jersey/Colorado Cup Final.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, now we're going to lose in six, says the great prophet SS_15.

The Wings can bounce back from losing two straight, but god forbid Vancouver can.
    ...God forbid anyone puts down your precious Nucks. And no, the Nucks won't come back from losing 2 straight... they don't have nearly as much firepower as Detroit, and they just look overtired. Remember, they had to work hard just to make it into the playoffs.

The 3rd period just looked like Vancouver's last gasp. They came together, they were throwing everything at the net, but they just couldn't do it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...God forbid anyone puts down your precious Nucks. And no, the Nucks won't come back from losing 2 straight... they don't have nearly as much firepower as Detroit, and they just look overtired. Remember, they had to work hard just to make it into the playoffs.

The 3rd period just looked like Vancouver's last gasp. They came together, they were throwing everything at the net, but they just couldn't do it.
    'Nucks all the way, baby

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah but all of Detroit's firepower is not firing. Brett Hull has been shut down. Robataille has been shut down. Yzerman's knee looks like it is catching up to him. Hasek has looked human through 4 games. I say it is pretty much up in the air as to who will win. I think it will be Canucks in 7 but that's only because Cloutier has played horrible at home. But if Yzerman can keep playing and Hull and Luc can start contributing then the Wings could take it.

I will go out on a limb and say whoever wins game 5 takes the series.

Supporting Radical Habits
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of the fans both teams were fucking pathetic. First in Detroit they were booing during the Canadian National anthe, Then in Vancouver they were booing and talking during the American national anthem AND when the 4 Canadians were being honored. I agree with Don Cherry, those fans are the scum of the earth.

Well, the Detroit fans were booing at the Pistons/Raptors game, but it doesn't sit well with me anyway. Here in Detroit we have worked hard to erase images of 1984 with the riots after the Tigers won the World Series. For the most part ('cept for the last game of the season when they littered the ice) Wings fans are very reasonable. Probably has a little to do with the close proximity of our neighbor to the south (Windsor, Ont. for those who don't know).

But I digress. I just loved this picture from last night's game. Vancouver fans aren't too nice though

Notice the kid who is partially obscured by Stevie's glove, Sergei is looking right at that kid flipping him the bird. Picture looks even better as the large photo in my morning paper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    'Nucks all the way, baby
    I hope so. I don't think it's gonna happen, but, I'm still cheering for them.

I wore my Leafs jersey to school today... took some heat for that. (This is where you're supposed to laugh at me.)

Yeah but all of Detroit's firepower is not firing. Brett Hull has been shut down. Robataille has been shut down. Yzerman's knee looks like it is catching up to him. Hasek has looked human through 4 games. I say it is pretty much up in the air as to who will win. I think it will be Canucks in 7 but that's only because Cloutier has played horrible at home. But if Yzerman can keep playing and Hull and Luc can start contributing then the Wings could take it.

I will go out on a limb and say whoever wins game 5 takes the series.
    They're a great team... they can change gears at anytime. Just because all their firepower hasn't been firing, doesn't mean they don't have a ton of potential firepower. Right now, as it stands, the series is up in the air. But if Yzerman can stay healthy, and if either Robitaille or Hull gets going, it's over. Hasek also played a great game last night. Vancouver's expended a lot of energy to this point, and I think the Wings are just too deep for them if they kick into high gear.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The way I see this series, in the first couple games, Vancouver was pretty much playing to the absolute best of their ability, while Detroit was not. Now in the middle parts of the series, Vancouver is still playing really well, but Detroit has elevated their game but the Wings still are NOT playing to the best of the THEIR ability. If Detroit plays the absolute best they can play in the final three games, Vancouver has no chance because like I've said all along, if both teams play up to their potential, the Canucks will lose every time.

And MattyC: Great pic, man.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope so. I don't think it's gonna happen, but, I'm still cheering for them.

I wore my Leafs jersey to school today... took some heat for that. (This is where you're supposed to laugh at me.)

[/color]
    I would laugh, but I get heat for wearing my 'nucks jersey as well

And, Rajah, you may be right, but I love my Canucks anyways, and I really don't care if they aren't going to win because I will cheer 'em on either way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were doing an improvisation play in French today, and my friend was bugging me about my Sundin jersey, and I didn't know what to say, so I was like "uh, hey, this is the best player in the league you're talkin' about"... and everybody in the class started laughing... Filthy bastards.

I like what they just said about the Leafs/Isles series... it's good that they got blown out last night, instead of just losing 2-1 or 3-1... it's a real wake-up call. I think they're gonna win this game, for that reason, and because Joseph rarely loses 2 nights in a row.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

And, Rajah, you may be right, but I love my Canucks anyways, and I really don't care if they aren't going to win because I will cheer 'em on either way
    That's cool man. You always have to respect someone who sticks by their team, win or lose so yeah I have no problem at all with you cheering them on. But I'm still cheering for the Wings as I have been for the past 12 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just never come to Colorado wearing a Red Wings jersey. You could literally could be hanged for it. I had a friend who went to an Avalanche/Red Wings game and happened to sit next to a guy in a Wings jersey. My friend couldn't hear a thing from the game (not even those horns for the end of the period ) because about 10 or 15 peolple nearby started yelling obsenities at the guy. A fight almost started. It's great to know that Coloradans are great sports fans, but there is a point where it should stop (like with the riots after a team wins a championship).

The_shad (Colorado just happens to win championships too much )

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brodeur just made the save of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a crock of shit. There is no way that was a penalty shot. It was a tripping penalty but not a penalty shot. I guess Mike Milbury got his damn wish. Maybe Pat Quinn should call a press conference and whine like a bitch. And because of Mike Peca's dirty hit, we may lose Sundin. He has a hairling fracture in his wrist. This is just bullshit!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a crock of shit. There is no way that was a penalty shot. It was a tripping penalty but not a penalty shot. I guess Mike Milbury got his damn wish. Maybe Pat Quinn should call a press conference and whine like a bitch. And because of Mike Peca's dirty hit, we may lose Sundin. He has a hairling fracture in his wrist. This is just bullshit!
    Are you KIDDING? Leafs fan or not, Corson clearly tripped him when he had a clear path to the net. Don't be a sore loser and spout out ignorance.

I'm just REALLY pissed that the Devils outplayed the 'Canes and got around 45 shots on goal during the game and still lost. Although I'm confident that they'll pull another two wins in a row and advance like they ALWAYS do, I'm still upset about them being down 3-2.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How could it be a tripping call but not a penalty shot? He had a clear path to the net and was in scoring position. When you trip someone under those circumstances it IS a penalty shot.

And, Images, what was the save of the year? I missed it and Brodeur is my fave goalie

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How could it be a tripping call but not a penalty shot? He had a clear path to the net and was in scoring position. When you trip someone under those circumstances it IS a penalty shot.

And, Images, what was the save of the year? I missed it and Brodeur is my fave goalie
    Both Brodeur AND Kevin Weekes made two UNBELIEVABLE saves.

Late in the third period, Carolina crashed the net and took a shot. Brodeur had to dive all the way to the left side of the net (his left) to stop it with his stick. He lost balance and flopped onto his stomach, and the rebound trickled out. Brodeur, sensing heat, kicked out his right pad just in time to stop the second shot off of the rebound from going in.

In overtime, I thought the Devils had it, and I nearly pissed myself. . Anyway, much of the same happened with Weekes' save, in that he was forced all the way to his left to make the first brilliant kicksave, and the rebound trickled out. He dove to his right and blocked the second shot down with his chest.

Two incredible saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree, but the refs are being harsh on both teams. Last night, they called 9 penalties on the Leafs, and all the Leafs fans were bitching. They also called 8 penalties on the Isles. The Isles just took advantage of their PPs... we didn't.

The same can be said for Corson... the guy was a foot ahead of him, and he felt the need to trip... if he didn't, the guy probably wouldn't have scored. Joseph had him stuffed, and by the time he tried to deke, Corson could've probably caught up to him.

I'm guessing that, after getting blown out last night, Sundin provided the team leadership. Then he can't play, and it's like there's something missing. Just my theory. *shrugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He didn't have a clear path to the net. He wasn't in scoring position. He was angling in from the side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cloutier makes me sad. Way to be a playoff goalie there bud. Lidstrom goal won this series. sigh.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can feel my heart getting ripped out of my chest...

3 powerplays...a number of chances, but we're losing because the goalie mathup is a brick wall vs. a sieve.

Hasek may have made the save of the series on Morrison there...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Montreal is down 3 - 0 as well. Things are not looking good.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're done.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    :'( So is my team, the 'Hawks. St. Louis killed us for 4 games. Damn them. :angry:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone watching the Avalanche games? This is killer. I was talking to a friend and we realized that this series is turning out like last year. Av's win game 4 1-0 and now it's OT and it could be end 1-0 Kings. Man, I'm about to have a heart attack.

The_shad ( )

One minute after I post this, they score. :'(

total fucking darkness fear is the mindkiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chalk another one up for the Red Wings.

Burk is such an idiot. He wasn't whining when Vancouver was up 2 games to none.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Apart from some of the sweet deals he made this year. (acquiring Hlavac, Leowski and Linden while only losing Brashear) Burke is a fucknut.

The penalties were very even. As much as DET got away with, VAN did as well.

His bitching isn't helping any matters.

God I hope the Nucks can win game 6. They haven't won a playoff game at home since 1996

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what's been going down in NHL right now, I ain't been keeping up.

Is it time for those playoff things yet?

Watch Your Fucking Mouth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Mo
    So what's been going down in NHL right now, I ain't been keeping up.

Is it time for those playoff things yet?

Are you serious!?
    Last edited by bionic_wolverine; April 26th, 2002 at 5:26 PM.

Watch Your Fucking Mouth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well the devils/hurricanes game will be on soon.Who thinks the devils still have a chance at winning the series?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If anyone can come back it's the Devils.

I can't believe people are condining the hit on Zednik. That hit was worse than the Tie Domi hit last year. If he doesn't get more than 10 games something is seriously wrong.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a Devils fan, I am ashamed and embarrassed. I wouldn't be so upset if the Devils just weren't as good as the Hurricanes. But even though I give Carolina their due for beating the Devils, New Jersey just didn't play NEAR their best, which upsets me.

In an elimination game at home, they're down 1-0 for two periods, and they can't score ONE GOAL.

This fucking sucks. I seriously thought the Devils could go all the way this year, and they get beaten by CAROLINA? In SIX GAMES?

Well, I guess it's time to root for the Islanders... who'll probably lose as well.

Watch Your Fucking Mouth
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The devils never seem to play their best. They always miss oppertunities which really pisses me off. It wasn't their fault they couldn't score a goal though, damn that weekes.

Images and Words, I feel your pain but the Isles will lose too...
    This is a sad day in hockey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Images and Words
    This fucking sucks. I seriously thought the Devils could go all the way this year, and they get beaten by CAROLINA? In SIX GAMES?
    I'm sorry, but, this needs to be done...

...Okay, I'm done now.

I didn't see any of the game, so I can't very easily comment on it, but I think the Hurricanes played a smart game. When you can win a 1-goal game against the Devils, you usually have a ton of patience. For playing a hard-fought game against the trap, and not changing your own game plan to try to put pucks in the net.

I think, despite their win this afternoon, that the Habs are dead. They were outshot 44-13, and they only played a good 1st period, then Theodore had to stand on his head for 40 mins. The Bruins have taken over, and the Habs are just lucky their goalie backed them up. Maybe they can take that momentum and carry it into the next game, as they have a lot of leadership on that team, and maybe Game 5 was the heartbreaker for the Bruins. We'll see...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    65 seconds. 65 freaking seconds. They will need to play better than that if they want to advance. Dammit Cloutier. That stupid Lidstrom goal has rattled that boy. He needs to get over it NOW or the Canucks can kiss their chances goodbye. They need everyone to have an A game tonight. That includes their top line. Lets Go Canucks.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Sorry, Canucks are done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now their playoff lives rest on Skudra. Oh boy.

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, Canucks are done.
    Eat shit...

But don't die... I kinda like this site ...

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Nah. How bout I just watch the rest of the game? Be back in 2 hours when the boys are shaking hands at center ice.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Maybe I spoke too soon.

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    qoo...

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the 'Nucks 4eva!...

NOW MORE THAN EVER, TWINS RULE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't count them out yet. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't count them out yet. WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO

But don't count them in yet either

Um, and as fro your comment about Skudra...

It might be just me, but I think his play has been far better then Dan's...

...in other news, Rajah is a cunt

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Well, it's the intermission so I'll post. There's no way Detroit will blow a three goal lead with only one period left. But I have to hand it to Vancouver...they have a really good team and the fact that they are so young bodes well for the future, if they can keep the nucleus of the team together. Cloutier needs to be more stable emotionally...it seems like he lets in one bad goal or falls behind, and his game breaks down. Skudra has been very steady for them in the parts of two games that he played, but Detroit seems to be too explosive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F'n Bruins. I went to game 5 today. Good Lord, did they play bad hockey. I think the pee-wee leagues hit harder. The only good hockey they plaid was the last 4 minutes. Before that, no one could handle a pass, they couldn't clear the zone, and they were SO afraid to hit anyone. Not to mention some biased officiating. And some really really close calls (We hit the post 4 imes, 3 of them in the 3rd period. That's alright. We'll go up and take 1 more in the Molson Center, hopefully make it out of there without any casualties caused by crazed fans, and win Game 7 back in the Fleet, hopefully in my presence.

On a side note, kudos the the Bruins and their fans. Before the game, there was a video on the scoreboard screen with Billy Guerin asking the fans to respect the opposing countries national anthem. With the rash of disrespect that tfans in all the leagues have been showing lately, I thought this was a really classy thing to do, however unneccessary it might have been. Because not only did we respect it, but when Rene Rancourt finished singing O'Canada, we gave it a good hearty cheer. And that makes us classier than many other pro sports fans.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2:48 to go, 6-4. well i doubt they'll come much closer, but u really have to give them credit for never backing down and never rolling over. Good series ,
    Even tho i hate the Red Wings, hehe.

My Blues will dispose of all opponents anyways...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good series overall. The only thing I have to say is that A) Chelios is an asshole and B) that 3rd goal shouldn't have counted, since they called Bertuzzi for a penalty for "running" into Hasek last game. They should at least try and be consistent game to game. I was at the game and the whole crowd was just stunned that it had counted. Crazy. Anyways, Detroit is the best team in the league, I am just glad we didn't get swept. Though I wish we had won those 2 games at home.

As for Chelios, he is the worlds biggest asshole. After the game, he came out as the 3rd star of the game, then skated around the rink, pumping his hands, and basically rubbing the loss in the face of the fans. That man has no class whatsoever. I hope Chelios gets destroyed by Pronger or Blake. Other then that, go Stevie Y, you proved why you are one of the best players ever.

Yzerman = All Class

Chelios = World class garbage.

I can't even watch my backup team, the Devils, take a run for the cup. What a bad day of hockey!!!!

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The Chelios thing was all in fun man. After all the crap that he got throughout the series, why blame him for having some fun? He was getting booed all series when he touched the puck just cause he shut down big Bert like no one else has been able to do in 2002. That's my opinion of it.

As for the third goal, the referees made the right call. Kris Draper was TRIPPED into Skudra. If he went in there under his own will and power then yes, by all means call it a penalty. But the fact that Jovo tripped him means it wasn't interference because if it was, all anyone would have to do is push an opposing player into their player to draw a penalty. Also right before that Jovanovski blatantly took a dive which probably didn't help matters.

But either way, it was an exciting series. I really respected the Canucks' never-say-die attitude. Even when it was 5-2 and then 6-3, they kept pouring it on in hopes of tying and then eventually winning the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, well, it's not like I ever expect us to agree on anything in this series. Except for the fact it was an exciting series.

But wasn't Chelios part of that hotel incident in Nagano during the Olympics? The guy overall is a bit of an ass.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, congrats, Rajah. You were right all along, Wings in 6. You never doubted your team for a second.

I guess SS_15 deserves a congrats as well as he was right also.

*sigh* there's always next year...

The 'Nucks are a good team, I think. They just don't have the experience. I think if we can keep this general line-up for a while, we'll soon be dangerous

The Wisco Kid
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Trouble

F'n Bruins. I went to game 5 today. Good Lord, did they play bad hockey. I think the pee-wee leagues hit harder. The only good hockey they plaid was the last 4 minutes. Before that, no one could handle a pass, they couldn't clear the zone, and they were SO afraid to hit anyone. Not to mention some biased officiating. And some really really close calls (We hit the post 4 imes, 3 of them in the 3rd period. That's alright. We'll go up and take 1 more in the Molson Center, hopefully make it out of there without any casualties caused by crazed fans, and win Game 7 back in the Fleet, hopefully in my presence.
    Well I was watching it on TV, so maybe live you get a little different perspective...but what game were you watching?

The Bs played good hockey the entire game and there is only one reason they didn't win 27-1...Jose Theodore. They peppered him with 44 shots...44 shots...in a playoff game, that is amazing. Theodore was unstoppable yesterday, that is why the Bruins lost.

Oh and as far as hits go...31-27 Montreal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess SS_15 deserves a congrats as well as he was right also.
    Wings (1) vs. Nucks (8) - The Nucks are another one of those unified teams. They may not have 10 all-stars, or a $100M payroll, but they fought just to get into the playoffs, so they've been playing meaningful games for a couple weeks. They're warmed up. But eventually, the Nucks will tire out, and the Wings will become too much for them. Awesome goaltending, wicked defence, tons of firepower + experience.

Wings
    Well, that's pretty much what happened...

If the Nucks can keep this line-up for a few more years, without getting impatient and trading their young guys, they'll be awesome. It's like, you can see them evolving year-by-year... year 1, they miss the playoffs... year 2, they make it and get killed... year 3, they put up a good fight... I think, soon, they're gonna be a major power. The team is unified, now they just have to let their players develop together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Islanders must be the biggest bunch of whiner I have seen. Their GM whines after every hit. Peca is whining about Tucker and Corson now. I mean come on. It is hockey. Man I hope the Finals are Leafs vs Wings. I just want to see Tucker absolutely cream Chelios. What a great sportsman he is.