Page 13 of 181 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,300 of 18016

Thread: Official NHL Thread

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    No, they could have signed Theodore but they would have likely lost five first round draft picks as a result. Plus, Canadiens would have had first right to match the offer in Canadian dollars (even if Leafs paid in US). Plus, the Leafs organization would have had major heat on them. That's why restricted free agents rarely get signed.

R.I.P. Dimebag -- 1966-2004 Swedish Sensation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The_shad
    If you were in the same position, not having been with Toronto your whole career, and you had an oppotunity to feel the glory of winning a cup, wouldn't you take it? Many would. The cup is the single biggest prize in the NHL. And CuJo probably doesn't have those 7-8 years to wait. He might only have 4. He might only have 1. He might be falling apart and if he doesn't have the health to stay in the NHL for 8 years, he just wasted his best opportunity. He is just doing what all of us want to, some of us try to, and few of us accomplish. Live a dream. And if his dream is to win a Stanley Cup, he should do anything in his power to do so. Otherwise, he just made the single biggest mistake of his life.

The_shad (It may be more rewarding the other way, but there are no guarantees that he will succeed. Detroit might repeat with this squad)
    I can understand his desire... he's been working for this all his career, he's been a great goalie all his career, and now he wants to get something back from the game. But...

1) Going to an already great team and winning the Cup, to me, is a false sense of accomplishment. It's like "Yay! I did it! ...With the same team that won last year without me." And then you have to ask yourself, how much of a difference did you really make? You were on an already great team, and you were just filling somebody's shoes, rather than building them up and getting there under your own steam.

2) I feel like he sold out for the Cup. Maybe he really wanted to leave Toronto, and was just looking for excuses when he said he wouldn't take that 3-year deal. But he'd built a huge fanbase there, he'd built a legacy there, he had his own charity, and everything.

I would rather stay with a sub-par team for the last 4 years of my career, even if they didn't win the Cup, then go to a powerhouse, with a great supporting staff in place. I wouldn't feel that same sense of accomplishment.

But... that's his own perogative. Good luck in Detroit, and thanks for all the memories.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jason_HBK
    I will say that signing Belfour is a huge mistake. They should have went after Dafoe. He is young and could have been the future for the Leafs. Belfour may win us 1 cup. I say may because we have yet to see if he is as good as he was. Dafoe would have probably gotten us many cups.
    Hell, I would be happy with Vancouver winning ONE cup. If Belfour could win us that cup, then I wouldn't care if we had him. I wouldn't get greedy about winning multiple cups, lol.

*hugs Raw*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Swedish Sensation

I can understand his desire... he's been working for this all his career, he's been a great goalie all his career, and now he wants to get something back from the game. But...

1) Going to an already great team and winning the Cup, to me, is a false sense of accomplishment. It's like "Yay! I did it! ...With the same team that won last year without me." And then you have to ask yourself, how much of a difference did you really make? You were on an already great team, and you were just filling somebody's shoes, rather than building them up and getting there under your own steam.

2) I feel like he sold out for the Cup. Maybe he really wanted to leave Toronto, and was just looking for excuses when he said he wouldn't take that 3-year deal. But he'd built a huge fanbase there, he'd built a legacy there, he had his own charity, and everything.

I would rather stay with a sub-par team for the last 4 years of my career, even if they didn't win the Cup, then go to a powerhouse, with a great supporting staff in place. I wouldn't feel that same sense of accomplishment.

But... that's his own perogative. Good luck in Detroit, and thanks for all the memories.

Pretty much everything I wanted to say, you already said.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a little update for all you.....

(Jul 3) tsn.ca - Free agent Tony Amonte is considering at least five offers and reports say he could make a final decision as early as Wednesday.

The Chicago Sun-Times says Amonte has been approached by the Dallas Stars, Toronto Maple Leafs, New York Islanders, New York Rangers and San Jose Sharks.

The Stars met with the former Chicago sniper on Monday and Amonte admits he was "very impressed" with the team's direction and desire to win.

The Stars are also pursuing free agent Bill Guerin, who could be looking at a five year deal worth $45-million - the same deal Bobby Holik signed with the New York Rangers.

Islanders general manager Mike Milbury indicated that while there is a player or two of interest to him, the current asking price is "way too high". The Islanders were interested in defenceman Darius Kasparaitis, who elected to sign with the Rangers on Tuesday.

The Maple Leafs, who signed goaltender Ed Belfour to counter the loss of Curtis Joseph on Tuesday, were also interested in Kasparaitis.

San Jose is looking at Amonte to replace Teemu Selanne, who rejected the team's four-year, $24-million offer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He has gotten a lot from the game, but he has not gotten a cup yet. And almost everyone around will tell you that you are nothing without a cup. I personally do not think that is the case, but you hear it everywhere. TV, friendly chats, hell, even on this message board. It gets to a guy. It makes them desire a cup soooo badly that they will do pretty much anything to get it. The above may be the case, but I believe it is only a part.

The Leafs were led by one man and one man alone this postseason. Joseph. Guys were going down like flies and he had very little support at times. Now that may have gotten to him. He did a lot for the Toronto franchise and the team isn't looking to be improving too much any time soon, especially with money problems like all Canadian teams. It would be good to say, "I did it with the team that I have been a part of for sooo long", but last year looked to be the best shot they are going to have in a while. So far, its same old, same old and even with CuJo, it'd be hard to keep up the same quality... especially since that quality rested almost on one mans shoulders.

Now CuJo is on the Wings. And CuJo is still a very integral part of the team. Why? Because without him or someone good like him, the Wings will fail no matter how many Hall of Famers they have on D and O. Look at the Rangers (even though most of their players are over rated). Not a real good goalie and did they even contend? They had as much chance as a snowball in hell (which actually might be too bad right in my house. Air conditioning on a rainy 40 degree day. ) Without Hasek, the Wings may not have won the cup. Could Ozzy have made all these great saves that Hasek did that you see each night on SportCenter (or SportCentre in Canada. Why do they bother switching 2 letters around?)? No. Could Ozzy have recorded 6 shutouts this year? No. Would the Wings have been as much of favorites without Hasek or someone like him? No. Its a lot harder without a spectacular goalie and there are only a handful in the NHL right now. CuJo is that spectacular goalie and he is going to fill the void left by Hasek's retiring. He will have backup now though and it will be more enjoyable for him than having the whole team's fate on his hands alone. And, dare I say, I think the Wings will actually be BETTER than last year with CuJo's presence. Well, as long as I don't try to take a Wing out.

He WAS Toronto and maybe he didn't feel like carrying a team that didn't look to be improving anytime soon. Its tragic, but true.

Hasek is still a big, big part of the Wings. He has to stop the shots that get past the D and that is no easy task since a D will let up quite a few, no matter how good. And it doesn't matter if you score 9 goals if the other team scores 10. Hasek is now on a better team with his role diminished in favor of his comfort. And that role isn't diminished much.

I bet you'll be pissed if its a Toronto/ Detroit final.

The_shad (And damn Chelios resigned with the Wings. I could have learned to accept him if he became an Av. And he might be a good part at resolving the Avalanche's problem with a lazy D. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Leetah
    Pretty much everything I wanted to say, you already said.
    Dammit, debate with me.

He has gotten a lot from the game, but he has not gotten a cup yet. And almost everyone around will tell you that you are nothing without a cup. I personally do not think that is the case, but you hear it everywhere. TV, friendly chats, hell, even on this message board. It gets to a guy. It makes them desire a cup soooo badly that they will do pretty much anything to get it. The above may be the case, but I believe it is only a part.
    Exactly. The Cup is definitely something to aspire for, and it definitely means something... but it's a team award, not an individual award. So if CuJo goes to Detroit, who are already defending Cup champs, and wins a Cup there, it's more of a team award than it is an individual one. He didn't get them there under his own steam. They were already defending champs, and they'd already done without him. If he only wants a Cup because popular is belief is that you're nothing without a Cup, then he's just a sheep. He acquires the popular belief, rather than forming his own.

The Leafs were led by one man and one man alone this postseason. Joseph. Guys were going down like flies and he had very little support at times. Now that may have gotten to him. He did a lot for the Toronto franchise and the team isn't looking to be improving too much any time soon, especially with money problems like all Canadian teams. It would be good to say, "I did it with the team that I have been a part of for sooo long", but last year looked to be the best shot they are going to have in a while. So far, its same old, same old and even with CuJo, it'd be hard to keep up the same quality... especially since that quality rested almost on one mans shoulders.
    You're right... he carried the team on his back, along with Gary Roberts, throughout the entire playoff season. But imagine if he stayed in Toronto, and they did make it... most of it would be his doing, and he could take pride in that accomplishment more than anything in his lifetime. But if he goes and wins a Cup in Detroit, whoop dee fucking doo. They didn't need him. He didn't get them there, he just kept them there.

Now CuJo is on the Wings. And CuJo is still a very integral part of the team. Why? Because without him or someone good like him, the Wings will fail no matter how many Hall of Famers they have on D and O. Look at the Rangers (even though most of their players are over rated). Not a real good goalie and did they even contend? They had as much chance as a snowball in hell (which actually might be too bad right in my house. Air conditioning on a rainy 40 degree day. ) Without Hasek, the Wings may not have won the cup. Could Ozzy have made all these great saves that Hasek did that you see each night on SportCenter (or SportCentre in Canada. Why do they bother switching 2 letters around?)? No. Could Ozzy have recorded 6 shutouts this year? No. Would the Wings have been as much of favorites without Hasek or someone like him? No. Its a lot harder without a spectacular goalie and there are only a handful in the NHL right now. CuJo is that spectacular goalie and he is going to fill the void left by Hasek's retiring. He will have backup now though and it will be more enjoyable for him than having the whole team's fate on his hands alone. And, dare I say, I think the Wings will actually be BETTER than last year with CuJo's presence. Well, as long as I don't try to take a Wing out.
    Without him, they would just sign another superstar. He's obviously doing something if he wins the Cup in Detroit, and he's an important of the team, but not a necessary part of the team. Because they just won it with Hasek... so CuJo could be replaced and they would still be able to do it. But CuJo was the franchise in Toronto. Without him, they wouldn't have even gotten off the ground. ... As far as the Rangers are concerned, to hell with goaltending for a second. They had no team chemistry. They keep trading and signing players, the only reason they go there is for the big money, and there's no team atmosphere. ... CuJo is a superstar, and without a superstar goalie, you're right... a team is nothing. But without CuJo, they would just have another superstar goalie. That's my point. ... And uh, I think it was the States that changed the spelling from "centre" to "center." I'm pretty sure "centre" is the British way.

By the way, Happy 4th of July, or Independence Day, or whatever the hell you guys say down there.

He WAS Toronto and maybe he didn't feel like carrying a team that didn't look to be improving anytime soon. Its tragic, but true.
    Uh... the team just did improve, by making it a round farther in the playoffs. I guess it's just a difference of values now... I would rather carry a team 25 years without winning a Cup, and CuJo would rather go to an already great team, and get the Cup handed to him in his 1st year.

Hasek is still a big, big part of the Wings. He has to stop the shots that get past the D and that is no easy task since a D will let up quite a few, no matter how good. And it doesn't matter if you score 9 goals if the other team scores 10. Hasek is now on a better team with his role diminished in favor of his comfort. And that role isn't diminished much.
    Hasek still does a lot, but he has tons of help. He has fucking Lidstrom and Chelios in front of him... c'mon. How much better could he possibly have it? I would rather play on a team with shitty defence, face 50 shots a game, and be pulling my hair out between shifts. But obviously CuJo isn't as hard-working and determined.

I bet you'll be pissed if its a Toronto/ Detroit final.

The_shad (And damn Chelios resigned with the Wings. I could have learned to accept him if he became an Av. And he might be a good part at resolving the Avalanche's problem with a lazy D. )
    No, actually, I'll be happy... when CuJo has to witness his former team winning the Cup right in front of his eyes, and wish he never betrayed the great city of Toronto.

Chelios is a fucker. He's a dirty little rat. He should be dragged by his ears into the middle of a dark alley and shot right between the eyes.

...Oh, and Happy 4th of July/Independence Day/Whatever The Fuck It's Called to you too, Katie.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dammit, debate with me.

I am. I am. Don't yell at me about debating with you.

Exactly. The Cup is definitely something to aspire for, and it definitely means something... but it's a team award, not an individual award. So if CuJo goes to Detroit, who are already defending Cup champs, and wins a Cup there, it's more of a team award than it is an individual one. He didn't get them there under his own steam. They were already defending champs, and they'd already done without him. If he only wants a Cup because popular is belief is that you're nothing without a Cup, then he's just a sheep. He acquires the popular belief, rather than forming his own.

CuJo is part of the team. The team is almost completely intact from last year (except for Hasek and Bowman), but without CuJo, they would sick. And you have pretty much said that free agency sucks in every way because team cores ARE usually kept intact. Just because a good team signs a good player doesn't mean that he isn't going to contribute to the team. It's insane. Without adding good players, you cannot win the cup and even the already stacked Wings are no exception. No goalie, no winning even if you have Gretzky, Lemiuex, Howe, Messier, and Bourque on the ice for the whole 60 minutes somehow. And I was just throwing out theories. HE may just WANT the cup for other reasons. I'm not CuJo so who am I to say why I want it.

You're right... he carried the team on his back, along with Gary Roberts, throughout the entire playoff season. But imagine if he stayed in Toronto, and they did make it... most of it would be his doing, and he could take pride in that accomplishment more than anything in his lifetime. But if he goes and wins a Cup in Detroit, whoop dee fucking doo. They didn't need him. He didn't get them there, he just kept them there.

Dude, Toronto looks like a dying team. Canadian teams are in big trouble right now and the Leafs weren't looking to have many, if any, good aqcuisitions this offseason. Last season was Toronto's season in the spotlight, but when you look at every single team this year, it doesn't look pretty. And if he barely has any support, there'll be trouble since he isn't gonna be able to keep up this intensity forever. And the Leafs could have had a much harder schedule than this year. The top seeds dropped quickly, but that isn't gonna happen every year. And with all the injury proneness and lack of depth isn't gonna help the Leafs either. The chances were definately not with the Leafs and being so good, CuJo pretty much had his choice of who to go with. And Detroit just happened to be looking for a goalie.

Without him, they would just sign another superstar. He's obviously doing something if he wins the Cup in Detroit, and he's an important of the team, but not a necessary part of the team. Because they just won it with Hasek... so CuJo could be replaced and they would still be able to do it. But CuJo was the franchise in Toronto. Without him, they wouldn't have even gotten off the ground. ... As far as the Rangers are concerned, to hell with goaltending for a second. They had no team chemistry. They keep trading and signing players, the only reason they go there is for the big money, and there's no team atmosphere. ... CuJo is a superstar, and without a superstar goalie, you're right... a team is nothing. But without CuJo, they would just have another superstar goalie. That's my point. ... And uh, I think it was the States that changed the spelling from "centre" to "center." I'm pretty sure "centre" is the British way.

By the way, Happy 4th of July, or Independence Day, or whatever the hell you guys say down there.

Sounds to me that you're just bitter about him leaving the Leafs. You stated that Toronto NEEDED him while Detroit didn't and that just sounds bitter. Detroti needed a good goalie and CuJo wants a cup. Perfect relationship. And anyone can be replaced, maybe not with someone as good, but everyone can be replaced. I personally don't believe CuJo is as good as Hasek, but he is still good. But CuJo could retire and Hasek could replace him. Its just a circle. So why argue that CuJo is replacable? Just because a team is able to afford any goalie doesn't exactly mean that they can get any goalie without trouble. When Cujo is gone, there may not be anyone that they are looking for out there and then they'll be screwed. But knowing their luck, Patrick Roy will leave Colorado for Detroit via free agency when CuJo leaves.

And I was just wondering why bother having 2 different names for the programs when they are so similar? One name means less expence on their part. Its not corpatate mindset to change the name for such minimal reasons. Either have it "center" or "centre" in both. And we call it both. Its also National Give Shad 20 Dollars Day down here, so feel free to support the USA by giving me $20.

Uh... the team just did improve, by making it a round farther in the playoffs. I guess it's just a difference of values now... I would rather carry a team 25 years without winning a Cup, and CuJo would rather go to an already great team, and get the Cup handed to him in his 1st year.

They had an easier schedule this year than last. Ottawa and NY weren't too experienced in the playoffs and weren't the most talented teams. They were lower seeds as well. It was a stroke of luck that Toronto got it so easy, but when they played an actually good team, they were beat in 6. And Detroit isn't a guaranteed cup. CuJo just wants a cup before his career ends and this is his best chance. If he never got it in Toronto, it would aunt him that he didn't take this chance. You like being 100% loyal to a team rather than winning a cup. You must remember that Joseph wasn't with Toronto his whole career. He wants his cup and it probably won't come to toronto barring something drastic.

Hasek still does a lot, but he has tons of help. He has fucking Lidstrom and Chelios in front of him... c'mon. How much better could he possibly have it? I would rather play on a team with shitty defence, face 50 shots a game, and be pulling my hair out between shifts. But obviously CuJo isn't as hard-working and determined.

The D stops shots from getting to him, but he's still responsible for the ones that get past them. Your D can be great and you can still be challenged. And don't call CuJo not hard working and determined. He did carry Toronto for quite a while on his talents alone. Hasek carried Buffalo and was as hard working as CuJo was in Toronto. But a cup was a proirity of his and he did what he had to. And now you have convinced me of your bitterness just because CuJo isn't Torontan anymore.

No, actually, I'll be happy... when CuJo has to witness his former team winning the Cup right in front of his eyes, and wish he never betrayed the great city of Toronto.

Chelios is a fucker. He's a dirty little rat. He should be dragged by his ears into the middle of a dark alley and shot right between the eyes.

...Oh, and Happy 4th of July/Independence Day/Whatever The Fuck It's Called to you too, Katie.
    Um, I don't see that happening, dude. I can see Carolina, LA, or San Jose dethroning the champs next year, but not Toronto. If it does go down to that, I've got $100 on Detroit. And Chelios is talented, even if he is my nemisis. But as long as he's a Wing, I hate him with the passion. And you just made me defend a Wing in CuJo. Bastard.

The_shad (So Katie gets a special "Happy 4th", but I'm in the general one? I'm hurt. I'm hurt. What does she have that I don't? ... O. OOOOOOOO! Swedey's got a crush. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bah! My computer is doing it again. Someone I don't even know gave me a virus and my computer's been messed up ever since. Well, at least it wasn't 19,000 infected files like Swedish or 50 viruses a day like Rajah.
    Last edited by The_shad; July 4th, 2002 at 4:28 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am. I am. Don't yell at me about debating with you.
    I was talking to Katie, fuckface. I don't pick on you, remember?

CuJo is part of the team. The team is almost completely intact from last year (except for Hasek and Bowman), but without CuJo, they would sick. And you have pretty much said that free agency sucks in every way because team cores ARE usually kept intact. Just because a good team signs a good player doesn't mean that he isn't going to contribute to the team. It's insane. Without adding good players, you cannot win the cup and even the already stacked Wings are no exception. No goalie, no winning even if you have Gretzky, Lemiuex, Howe, Messier, and Bourque on the ice for the whole 60 minutes somehow. And I was just throwing out theories. HE may just WANT the cup for other reasons. I'm not CuJo so who am I to say why I want it.
    Dude... you're completely missing the point. I realize that he's gonna contribute to the team... but without him, they would just sign another superstar, they would be just as well, and they would win the Cup anyways. All CuJo is doing is coming in to fill someone's shoes... he's not gonna make the team any better than it already was. When he came to Toronto, you see how the team skyrocketed... he made a real impact there. That's the kind of impact that separates the compliments from the superstars, and the superstars from the legends. With no goalie, you're right, they wouldn't win. But that isn't the alternative here. I see what you're saying, that CuJo is gonna play a major role on the team, whether he's just filling someone's shoes or not. He's still filling some big ass shoes. But the alternative is that you have another superstar goalie, who's just as good.

Dude, Toronto looks like a dying team. Canadian teams are in big trouble right now and the Leafs weren't looking to have many, if any, good aqcuisitions this offseason. Last season was Toronto's season in the spotlight, but when you look at every single team this year, it doesn't look pretty. And if he barely has any support, there'll be trouble since he isn't gonna be able to keep up this intensity forever. And the Leafs could have had a much harder schedule than this year. The top seeds dropped quickly, but that isn't gonna happen every year. And with all the injury proneness and lack of depth isn't gonna help the Leafs either. The chances were definately not with the Leafs and being so good, CuJo pretty much had his choice of who to go with. And Detroit just happened to be looking for a goalie.
    Toronto isn't a dying team. We got Belfour, and the other guys are gonna pick up the slack. I think they learned how to do that in these playoffs, when Sundin and Tucker were gone. They had to fill the holes, and everybody had to their part... and as a result, both McCauley and McCabe emerged as leaders, and I think they're gonna be able to take on that role next year, and fill the gap left by CuJo. I agree that the team is old and injury-prone, and every year, it's just gonna get worse. I just have to question CuJo's integrity here. He'd rather win the Cup with a buncha guys who've done it before and know what it feels like, rather than a bunch of other guys like him, who've been trying to get there their whole careers, and fight 'til the bitter end. It looks like he's goin' the easy, less rewarding route.

Sounds to me that you're just bitter about him leaving the Leafs. You stated that Toronto NEEDED him while Detroit didn't and that just sounds bitter. Detroti needed a good goalie and CuJo wants a cup. Perfect relationship. And anyone can be replaced, maybe not with someone as good, but everyone can be replaced. I personally don't believe CuJo is as good as Hasek, but he is still good. But CuJo could retire and Hasek could replace him. Its just a circle. So why argue that CuJo is replacable? Just because a team is able to afford any goalie doesn't exactly mean that they can get any goalie without trouble. When Cujo is gone, there may not be anyone that they are looking for out there and then they'll be screwed. But knowing their luck, Patrick Roy will leave Colorado for Detroit via free agency when CuJo leaves.

And I was just wondering why bother having 2 different names for the programs when they are so similar? One name means less expence on their part. Its not corpatate mindset to change the name for such minimal reasons. Either have it "center" or "centre" in both. And we call it both. Its also National Give Shad 20 Dollars Day down here, so feel free to support the USA by giving me $20.
    You're damn right I'm bitter. I'm not gonna whine about it though. He's gotten us this far... now we gotta pick up the pieces, regroup, and get the rest of the way under our own steam. We can't just fall after we spent 4 years getting to where we are. ... Anyways, there's no way, that if CuJo didn't sign, Detroit would be without a goalie right now. They're defending Cup champs... that speaks for itself.

Bah. This language sucks. I'm gonna go learn Swedish instead. ... *pulls a 20 out of his shorts* ... What? Take it. You told me to give you $20.

They had an easier schedule this year than last. Ottawa and NY weren't too experienced in the playoffs and weren't the most talented teams. They were lower seeds as well. It was a stroke of luck that Toronto got it so easy, but when they played an actually good team, they were beat in 6. And Detroit isn't a guaranteed cup. CuJo just wants a cup before his career ends and this is his best chance. If he never got it in Toronto, it would aunt him that he didn't take this chance. You like being 100% loyal to a team rather than winning a cup. You must remember that Joseph wasn't with Toronto his whole career. He wants his cup and it probably won't come to toronto barring something drastic.
    Ottawa was experienced in having their asses handed to them by the Leafs... they didn't choke this time. They knew what to do. They got 7 games out of us, and we had to work hard to win 3 of those. ... We sure as hell didn't get it easy with the Isles either, when Milbury got his way, and Kerry the Fucking Fairy called 12 penalties against us. Then we faced Carolina and that god damn trap, when we were already tired as hell, and tried to beat them with a dump-in offence. ...And yet, with all that, we almost made it to the Cup Finals.

I can see your point, that he wasn't with them his whole career, so it's not like when Ray Bourque left the Bruins. CuJo gave a lot to Toronto, and it didn't give a whole lot back to him.

The D stops shots from getting to him, but he's still responsible for the ones that get past them. Your D can be great and you can still be challenged. And don't call CuJo not hard working and determined. He did carry Toronto for quite a while on his talents alone. Hasek carried Buffalo and was as hard working as CuJo was in Toronto. But a cup was a proirity of his and he did what he had to. And now you have convinced me of your bitterness just because CuJo isn't Torontan anymore.
    Hasek handles a hell of a lot less shots than CuJo. What does he get... 25 shots a game, whereas CuJo gets about 35-40? He's hard-working and determined in game-play, but I just can't believe he wouldn't even try to persevere with the team he'd built his legacy with.

Um, I don't see that happening, dude. I can see Carolina, LA, or San Jose dethroning the champs next year, but not Toronto. If it does go down to that, I've got $100 on Detroit. And Chelios is talented, even if he is my nemisis. But as long as he's a Wing, I hate him with the passion. And you just made me defend a Wing in CuJo. Bastard.
    I can see Toronto either falling and missing the playoffs, or kicking even more ass next year now that a few more leaders have emerged, and going onto atleast the conference finals again. ... CuJo hasn't played for the Wings yet, so I don't think it counts.

What does she have that I don't?
    A dick.

*hugs Raw*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks

So Katie gets a special "Happy 4th", but I'm in the general one? I'm hurt. I'm hurt. What does she have that I don't? ... O. OOOOOOOO! Swedey's got a crush.
    Or maybe he just likes me better

He won't pick on you, but I sure as hell will.

What does she have that I don't?
    a dick
    Hey wait a minute.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In the latest news......

Bill Guerin is now a Dallas Star and Luke Richardson is now a Bluejacket.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by AcidDrop3D
    In the latest news......

Bill Guerin is now a Dallas Star and Luke Richardson is now a Bluejacket.

Colombus definitely got the better player between those two.

Aaaannyways, I'm sick and tired of hearing chitter chatter about detroit and toronto..two teams who's combined cup totals only equals that of the Habs.
    How about we instead talk about tampa bay and atlanta, and their possible improvements for the next season??

Yes, this sounds good...discuss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Leetah
    Hey wait a minute.....

Sorry, he deserved it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    One thing about CuJo - now you know how Edmonton Oilers fans felt when Joseph left our team and went to Toronto via unrestricted free agency.

Easy come, easy go...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was talking to Katie, fuckface. I don't pick on you, remember?

No, the world centers around me.

Dude... you're completely missing the point. I realize that he's gonna contribute to the team... but without him, they would just sign another superstar, they would be just as well, and they would win the Cup anyways. All CuJo is doing is coming in to fill someone's shoes... he's not gonna make the team any better than it already was. When he came to Toronto, you see how the team skyrocketed... he made a real impact there. That's the kind of impact that separates the compliments from the superstars, and the superstars from the legends. With no goalie, you're right, they wouldn't win. But that isn't the alternative here. I see what you're saying, that CuJo is gonna play a major role on the team, whether he's just filling someone's shoes or not. He's still filling some big ass shoes. But the alternative is that you have another superstar goalie, who's just as good.

All you are saying is that they have the money to replace him on the team, but they could really replace anyone on the team no matter who it is. Hell, if Lindstrom and Yzerman, they'd get all stars to take their places (My guess is Kasparitis and Fluery with having someone like Shanny (a team veteran) rise up in Yzerman's spot). It is just the kind of team where no one is irreplacable because they have the money to replace even the best. So of course CuJo could be replaced.

Toronto isn't a dying team. We got Belfour, and the other guys are gonna pick up the slack. I think they learned how to do that in these playoffs, when Sundin and Tucker were gone. They had to fill the holes, and everybody had to their part... and as a result, both McCauley and McCabe emerged as leaders, and I think they're gonna be able to take on that role next year, and fill the gap left by CuJo. I agree that the team is old and injury-prone, and every year, it's just gonna get worse. I just have to question CuJo's integrity here. He'd rather win the Cup with a buncha guys who've done it before and know what it feels like, rather than a bunch of other guys like him, who've been trying to get there their whole careers, and fight 'til the bitter end. It looks like he's goin' the easy, less rewarding route.

That is all you can really hope for though. They aren't looking to make any big trades or pickups to improve and unless they have new people stand up, its all downhill. And you have already have had 2 players stand up, how many more are there going to be? And Belfour never really impressed me too much. He's a good goalie, just not as good as CuJo. And CuJo would just like to win a cup, plain and simple. He obviously doesn't care who its with, he just wants one. To each his own. But going to a team that has done it before doesn't mean it'll be easy. Teams don't repeat often because they've done it before and that raw passion for the cup is lessened because they have it. One of the biggest fights is against themselves to try to motive themselves. But the main core of this team has done a repeat so if anyone can do it, they can.

You're damn right I'm bitter. I'm not gonna whine about it though. He's gotten us this far... now we gotta pick up the pieces, regroup, and get the rest of the way under our own steam. We can't just fall after we spent 4 years getting to where we are. ... Anyways, there's no way, that if CuJo didn't sign, Detroit would be without a goalie right now. They're defending Cup champs... that speaks for itself.

Bah. This language sucks. I'm gonna go learn Swedish instead. ... *pulls a 20 out of his shorts* ... What? Take it. You told me to give you $20.

Detroit might have a goalie right now without CuJo, but Belfour may not have been interested (he already has a cup) and Dtroit and Dallas were not the best of friends. And few teams will be willing to trade their all star goalie, so Detroit could very well been up a creek without a paddle until a short time before the season otherwise. But like I said, they would have figured something out.

*takes 20 with gloves* *buy something at 7-11 with 20 and gets a lot of change* Poor acne riddles kid. Never had a chance. And now he's eating a hot dog. Poor guy.

Ottawa was experienced in having their asses handed to them by the Leafs... they didn't choke this time. They knew what to do. They got 7 games out of us, and we had to work hard to win 3 of those. ... We sure as hell didn't get it easy with the Isles either, when Milbury got his way, and Kerry the Fucking Fairy called 12 penalties against us. Then we faced Carolina and that god damn trap, when we were already tired as hell, and tried to beat them with a dump-in offence. ...And yet, with all that, we almost made it to the Cup Finals.

I can see your point, that he wasn't with them his whole career, so it's not like when Ray Bourque left the Bruins. CuJo gave a lot to Toronto, and it didn't give a whole lot back to him.

NY was easy, but the refs decisions really killed ya. NY wasn't playing too well in that series. They were different from the begining of the year. But you were close to the finals. But unfortunately, Carolina was closer.

Whatchu talking about, Swedish? *insert sitcom laughter here* Do not use Bourque's name in vain. He is a demi god here (yes, even only after 2 years) under the likes of Helton, Roy, Sakic, and ELWAY!!!!! Well, all silliness aside, Toronto just really didn't give him the help he needed. And just like Rajah said, feel the pain of Edmonton.

Hasek handles a hell of a lot less shots than CuJo. What does he get... 25 shots a game, whereas CuJo gets about 35-40? He's hard-working and determined in game-play, but I just can't believe he wouldn't even try to persevere with the team he'd built his legacy with.

Remember Buffalo?

People, that is all

I can see Toronto either falling and missing the playoffs, or kicking even more ass next year now that a few more leaders have emerged, and going onto atleast the conference finals again. ... CuJo hasn't played for the Wings yet, so I don't think it counts.

I see them struggling and maybe barely getting into the playoffs, but its too early to tell.

A dick.

I thought you were supposed to be a nice guy. That wasn't very nice. You're almost as mean as Rajah.

Or maybe he just likes me better

He won't pick on you, but I sure as hell will.

You and Jobber to the Stars are the best heels on this board. I'm scared.

The_shad ( )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the world centers around me.
    Yeah, you got a point.

All you are saying is that they have the money to replace him on the team, but they could really replace anyone on the team no matter who it is. Hell, if Lindstrom and Yzerman, they'd get all stars to take their places (My guess is Kasparitis and Fluery with having someone like Shanny (a team veteran) rise up in Yzerman's spot). It is just the kind of team where no one is irreplacable because they have the money to replace even the best. So of course CuJo could be replaced.
    You can't say that for every single player on the team... because look at the way they turned around when they signed Hasek, Robitaille, and Hull. I know everybody else is responsible for their win this year, but those 3 guys, and more specifically Hasek, were the ones who brought them over the top. That's not to say that they contribute more than Yzerman, let's say, who was there before... but it just seems like everyone else is getting their weight pulled by those 3 guys.

I can see your point though.

That is all you can really hope for though. They aren't looking to make any big trades or pickups to improve and unless they have new people stand up, its all downhill. And you have already have had 2 players stand up, how many more are there going to be? And Belfour never really impressed me too much. He's a good goalie, just not as good as CuJo. And CuJo would just like to win a cup, plain and simple. He obviously doesn't care who its with, he just wants one. To each his own. But going to a team that has done it before doesn't mean it'll be easy. Teams don't repeat often because they've done it before and that raw passion for the cup is lessened because they have it. One of the biggest fights is against themselves to try to motive themselves. But the main core of this team has done a repeat so if anyone can do it, they can.
    I don't think they need to sign anyone else. No one can fill the gap that CuJo left, and even if they signed better than him, the team still wouldn't be the same. That team revolved around CuJo, and without him, the atmosphere is just gone. Which is why you gotta sign another goalie, and after that, you're relying on the veterans to pull things back together. This means Tucker, Roberts, Corson, McCauley... those guys.

I still think CuJo is taking the easy route, but winning a Cup is still an accomplishment, nonetheless.

Detroit might have a goalie right now without CuJo, but Belfour may not have been interested (he already has a cup) and Dtroit and Dallas were not the best of friends. And few teams will be willing to trade their all star goalie, so Detroit could very well been up a creek without a paddle until a short time before the season otherwise. But like I said, they would have figured something out.

*takes 20 with gloves* *buy something at 7-11 with 20 and gets a lot of change* Poor acne riddles kid. Never had a chance. And now he's eating a hot dog. Poor guy.
    Yeah, they would've figured something out. They're a good team, and there's no way everyone would pass up that opportunity.

*eats his hotdog* *licks his lips* Damn skippy. Gourmet fuckin' cooking right there.

NY was easy, but the refs decisions really killed ya. NY wasn't playing too well in that series. They were different from the begining of the year. But you were close to the finals. But unfortunately, Carolina was closer.

Whatchu talking about, Swedish? *insert sitcom laughter here* Do not use Bourque's name in vain. He is a demi god here (yes, even only after 2 years) under the likes of Helton, Roy, Sakic, and ELWAY!!!!! Well, all silliness aside, Toronto just really didn't give him the help he needed. And just like Rajah said, feel the pain of Edmonton.
    The Islanders themselves were easy as a team, and if Game 3 hadn't been called so tight, I think we would've won the series in 4. I'm not blaming this all on the refs... it was partly the team's fault for playing so dirty. But we had a tough time. Add to that the fact that we only had 1 day between each series.

Bourque had been with the Bruins his whole career. That city made him what he was. Then he left them for an easy Cup. Same case as CuJo's, except he's been in Boston for 22 years. Team loyalty obviously means very little nowadays.

Remember Buffalo?
    The Sabres have always been a buncha boring, defensive-minded fuckfaces. Remember the classic Bruins/Sabres series a few years back?

I thought you were supposed to be a nice guy. That wasn't very nice. You're almost as mean as Rajah.
    Uh... pssst. That was the heel turn.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, you got a point.

I do? I thought your heelishness would be all over that one.

You can't say that for every single player on the team... because look at the way they turned around when they signed Hasek, Robitaille, and Hull. I know everybody else is responsible for their win this year, but those 3 guys, and more specifically Hasek, were the ones who brought them over the top. That's not to say that they contribute more than Yzerman, let's say, who was there before... but it just seems like everyone else is getting their weight pulled by those 3 guys.

I can see your point though.

That depth put them over the top, but they only needed Robitaille and Hasek. They could have made it without Hull. He was good, but he didn't bring too much more to the table. Instead of a 3-1 win, Hull made it 4-1. I didn't really see a point to him being signed in either the preseason or playofs and everywhere in between. When you have Shanny and Yzerman and quite a few other great scorers, is there really a need for one more. I just saw Hull as depth just in case worse comes to worse.

I don't think they need to sign anyone else. No one can fill the gap that CuJo left, and even if they signed better than him, the team still wouldn't be the same. That team revolved around CuJo, and without him, the atmosphere is just gone. Which is why you gotta sign another goalie, and after that, you're relying on the veterans to pull things back together. This means Tucker, Roberts, Corson, McCauley... those guys.

I still think CuJo is taking the easy route, but winning a Cup is still an accomplishment, nonetheless.

Well, downgrading your goalie and not getting any signings is going to harm you no matter how you look at it. And veterans aren't always the solution. The solution would be to add some more depth to the team. Once you have depth, then you can look to the vets, but the team is so thinly laced, if a good guy goes down, you might be screwed.

Yeah, they would've figured something out. They're a good team, and there's no way everyone would pass up that opportunity.

*eats his hotdog* *licks his lips* Damn skippy. Gourmet fuckin' cooking right there.

Yes, the Wings would have. But did you just say you were the dorky, acne ridden teen at 7-11? Um, thats not exactly a good thing you did. I have 50,000 ways to make a joke from this, but I won't this time. It'll just be doubly bad for you next time. (Hmmm, what do you know. That was 50,001)

The Islanders themselves were easy as a team, and if Game 3 hadn't been called so tight, I think we would've won the series in 4. I'm not blaming this all on the refs... it was partly the team's fault for playing so dirty. But we had a tough time. Add to that the fact that we only had 1 day between each series.

Bourque had been with the Bruins his whole career. That city made him what he was. Then he left them for an easy Cup. Same case as CuJo's, except he's been in Boston for 22 years. Team loyalty obviously means very little nowadays.

Yea, you would have. The East division really looked weak this year excluding Carolina and Toronto. Toronto was playing on raw steam and Carolina's chemisty was killer. The rest of the East was faultering at best. Montreal was one guy, Ottawa wasn't really too deep. NJ wasburned out, NY... um... sucked, Phily... um... sucked, and Boston just was over rated. Next year will be different though. There will not be just 2 dominant East teams next year (Well, there was only 1 if you count the burnout in the TOR/CAR series by Toronto).

As for Bourque, he wanted a cup and he went for it. And Boston wanted it. So he was traded to Colorado and finally got his cup. but then you find that Bourque might have had problems with Boston management. Why? Because he retired as an Av when he said earlier that he would retire a Bruin. Management problems are very bad and although Bourque loved Boston (where he is currently residing), he didn't love the Bruin's management. Dirty bastards.

The Sabres have always been a buncha boring, defensive-minded fuckfaces. Remember the classic Bruins/Sabres series a few years back?

They were defensiveminded, but in Buffalo, Hasek posted record numbers. His save percentage was astounding. And even with a good D, shots get shot. And Hasek had quite a time blocking everythiing. and just remember that Buffalo had a defensive mind just because they didn't have anything that resembled an O.

Uh... pssst. That was the heel turn.

suckHEEL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Canucks have been victims of the market. Defenceman Scott Lachance accepted a $8-million US, four-year deal with Columbus."

What a totaly joke. I hate players you think really like being part of a team. Then they turn around and just run for the money. INstead of staying in a city that supports him, voted him unsung hero, and then he runs to Columbus, a team he will not win anything on, just for money. I could handle it more if he went somewhere for a cup, but he just went for money. He is just like Doug Weight. I hope both of them never win any cups. Stupid stupid players. I would hope that if I had ever made it to the NHL, that I would have better values then that. Why do all these players play for money? Getting a million dollars already makes them more rich then most of Canada. Hell, minimum wage in the NHL is more then enough for me. But oh no, they need millions upon millions of dollars. Are there any decent players willing to take pay cuts for a team? At least Selanne took a pay cut to stay with his team. But most other players would just run for the money. I would stay with a team I had played with out of loyalty and not run for money. Maybe that all changes when you get 2 million dollar cheques. Sigh.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Kid_Roll
    "The Canucks have been victims of the market. Defenceman Scott Lachance accepted a $8-million US, four-year deal with Columbus."

WHAT?

That's bullshit.

I would say more, but you said it all. The fans voted him unsung hero. He is lucky to get such recognition. Fucking asshole.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do? I thought your heelishness would be all over that one.
    Nope. I don't need to take every opportunity to validate myself as a heel. I'm secure with my heelishness.

*goes back to pulling hairs off Jobber's brush and sticking them in a voodoo doll*

That depth put them over the top, but they only needed Robitaille and Hasek. They could have made it without Hull. He was good, but he didn't bring too much more to the table. Instead of a 3-1 win, Hull made it 4-1. I didn't really see a point to him being signed in either the preseason or playofs and everywhere in between. When you have Shanny and Yzerman and quite a few other great scorers, is there really a need for one more. I just saw Hull as depth just in case worse comes to worse.
    Yeah. Hull couldn't do anything without a good team. But when he's on a good team, he helps immensely. While the other team's defence is busy covering their snipers, Hull finds the open holes in the slot, and gets easy goals. He's nothing more than a compliment who never takes initiative, and a fucking traitor to his country, and a rotten decaying pukestick, but he's still pretty good at what he does. Hull is just good for padding leads. When teams are trying to contain the lead, that's when they cover the snipers, and Hull finds the open holes. Insurance goals aren't really important when you're on a team like the Wings.

Well, downgrading your goalie and not getting any signings is going to harm you no matter how you look at it. And veterans aren't always the solution. The solution would be to add some more depth to the team. Once you have depth, then you can look to the vets, but the team is so thinly laced, if a good guy goes down, you might be screwed.
    That's true. But when you look at all the guys we're gonna have back next year that we were missing in the playoffs, the team isn't worn all that thin. Yushkevich will be back from his blood clot and will help keep some of the better defenceman in line and make them become even better, Tucker and Sundin will be back to their old tricks, McCauley will probably take a leadership position on the 2nd or 3rd line, McCabe and Yushkevich will be an awesome defence pair, and Belfour looks like he's pretty happy to be playing there, so I'll be expecting above average play from him.

Yea, you would have. The East division really looked weak this year excluding Carolina and Toronto. Toronto was playing on raw steam and Carolina's chemisty was killer. The rest of the East was faultering at best. Montreal was one guy, Ottawa wasn't really too deep. NJ wasburned out, NY... um... sucked, Phily... um... sucked, and Boston just was over rated. Next year will be different though. There will not be just 2 dominant East teams next year (Well, there was only 1 if you count the burnout in the TOR/CAR series by Toronto).

As for Bourque, he wanted a cup and he went for it. And Boston wanted it. So he was traded to Colorado and finally got his cup. but then you find that Bourque might have had problems with Boston management. Why? Because he retired as an Av when he said earlier that he would retire a Bruin. Management problems are very bad and although Bourque loved Boston (where he is currently residing), he didn't love the Bruin's management. Dirty bastards.
    Yeah. All the other teams looked weak. Although I think you could add Boston to that category, 'cause the only reason they lost to the Habs was 'cause that bastard Theodore stood on his head for the last 2 games. The Habs looked horrible at the end of Round 2, I'm still holding judgment on the Sens, the Devils and Flyers looked weak in Round 1, and the Isles looked semi-decent.

He still loved Boston though, and he let a few programs with management tarnish a 22-year legacy. Seems like a lack of self-respect to me. I think he should've hung in there and gone out with style and class.

They were defensiveminded, but in Buffalo, Hasek posted record numbers. His save percentage was astounding. And even with a good D, shots get shot. And Hasek had quite a time blocking everythiing. and just remember that Buffalo had a defensive mind just because they didn't have anything that resembled an O.
    Yeah. I'm not denying Hasek's legacy. He was a great goaltender... but I just don't think he can compare to Joseph, because he got so much help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ate something bad this week and its getting to me, so if I start to ramble incoherantly (well, more incoherantly than normal ), just cut me some slack. On to the post.

Nope. I don't need to take every opportunity to validate myself as a heel. I'm secure with my heelishness.

*goes back to pulling hairs off Jobber's brush and sticking them in a voodoo doll*

Jobber is a heel! So, if he has been a heel (well, not a good one, but a heel ) for longer, that turns you face. Well, at least you can have the fans chanting your name. "Swedey! Swedey! Swedey! Swedey!" (Did they just call you "Sweetie"? )

Yeah. Hull couldn't do anything without a good team. But when he's on a good team, he helps immensely. While the other team's defence is busy covering their snipers, Hull finds the open holes in the slot, and gets easy goals. He's nothing more than a compliment who never takes initiative, and a fucking traitor to his country, and a rotten decaying pukestick, but he's still pretty good at what he does. Hull is just good for padding leads. When teams are trying to contain the lead, that's when they cover the snipers, and Hull finds the open holes. Insurance goals aren't really important when you're on a team like the Wings.

He is a compliment more than a leader. Exactly! And the Wings don't need him that much since they already have many compliments and even more stars. I'd trade him for some good young guys or maybe an extra defender (can't have too much defence) if I were the Wings.

That's true. But when you look at all the guys we're gonna have back next year that we were missing in the playoffs, the team isn't worn all that thin. Yushkevich will be back from his blood clot and will help keep some of the better defenceman in line and make them become even better, Tucker and Sundin will be back to their old tricks, McCauley will probably take a leadership position on the 2nd or 3rd line, McCabe and Yushkevich will be an awesome defence pair, and Belfour looks like he's pretty happy to be playing there, so I'll be expecting above average play from him.

The team will be healthy again, but that doesn't guarantee that they will be healthy for the whole season or even make sure that they won't lose someone better. It has been shown that quite a few players are injury prone and that doesn't equate success. Plus, from what I see, Belfour is kinda like Hull in the need to have a successful team to be successful. Last year, Dallas wasn't too incredibly good and they missed the playoffs. Belfour looked different from his usual performance in my opinion. So unless the team is injury free (despite previously proven injury proneness) and Belfour can step up with or without a decent defence in front of him, I wouldn't have great hopes for the Leafs, even with the new guys that stepped up.

Yeah. All the other teams looked weak. Although I think you could add Boston to that category, 'cause the only reason they lost to the Habs was 'cause that bastard Theodore stood on his head for the last 2 games. The Habs looked horrible at the end of Round 2, I'm still holding judgment on the Sens, the Devils and Flyers looked weak in Round 1, and the Isles looked semi-decent.

He still loved Boston though, and he let a few programs with management tarnish a 22-year legacy. Seems like a lack of self-respect to me. I think he should've hung in there and gone out with style and class.

Boston just collapsed in the playoffs. Theodore was unstoppable in that round. Boston just didn't perform like they could and that's why I don't put them in that catergory. Only Carolina (The miracle team) and Toronto (the team that advanced despite adversity) really did much impressive play.

Bourque loved Boston as well (he moved back there after retirement), but the Bruins management had just done something (which we will never know what exactly) that just pushed him over the edge. I'll be the first person to defend ANY player with management problems because Colorado has had a little more than its fair share of magagement idiots and I get pissed off at them as well as 1/2 the state. The Rockies have been pretty ruined by stupid decisions by the management (not knowing what kind of pitcher our climate demands, trading away the arguably most dominant hitting squad in the game's history, and somehow scaring away a very baseball enthusiastic crowd from the game) and so have the Nuggets (see 11-71 season). Luckily, the Av's have arguably the best GM in the game who actually KNOWS what he's doing. But most managerial guy don't and if some player gets turned off by them, I'd tend to side with the player (even a guy like Barry Bonds) rather than the management. Well, I just wrote a lot without no actual point, so lets just move on.

Yeah. I'm not denying Hasek's legacy. He was a great goaltender... but I just don't think he can compare to Joseph, because he got so much help.

I tend to believe the opposite just because, although CuJo is very good, Hasek has led his teams to greater success (even barring the last year where he had all that support) and he has garnered greater rewards (Veniza's, record save percentages [not even the best defence ever could allow those stats without someone truly great in goal]). Cujo is great, but not as great as Hasek in my opinion. But to each, his own.
    The_shad (I antagonize you so I'm heel by association)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I ate something bad this week and its getting to me, so if I start to ramble incoherantly (well, more incoherantly than normal ), just cut me some slack. On to the post.
    Hahaha... what did you eat?

I once ate too much salt and pepper squid at the Chinese buffet... my mouth got so dry I couldn't sleep all night. But on the plus side, the food was awesome.

Jobber is a heel! So, if he has been a heel (well, not a good one, but a heel ) for longer, that turns you face. Well, at least you can have the fans chanting your name. "Swedey! Swedey! Swedey! Swedey!" (Did they just call you "Sweetie"? )
    18,000 people calling me "Sweetie"... does that make me a manwhore? ... And uh, when you stick hairs in a voodoo doll, usually you do it in private. So no one would be seeing this anyways. So this wouldn't make me a face. This would make me a heel... and possibly a gimp.

No smilies for you either. I'm too fucking lazy to type all the code in at this time at night. ...Actually, I'm just too lazy. Period.

He is a compliment more than a leader. Exactly! And the Wings don't need him that much since they already have many compliments and even more stars. I'd trade him for some good young guys or maybe an extra defender (can't have too much defence) if I were the Wings.
    Too much leadership isn't a good thing either, bud. When you've got 4 or 5 veterans on a team fighting for leadership, and every one of them wants to call the shots, it can lead to much confusion, and bad chemistry in the dressing room. If I were the Wings, I'd just stay with what I have. They're defending Stanley Cup champions... why change anything? This is the problem with teams these days. They've got their hearts set on tinkering. Nothing is ever good enough for them. I bet if some of the teams just left well enough alone, rather than winning the Cup 2 years in a row, they'd win it 4 years in a row.

The team will be healthy again, but that doesn't guarantee that they will be healthy for the whole season or even make sure that they won't lose someone better. It has been shown that quite a few players are injury prone and that doesn't equate success. Plus, from what I see, Belfour is kinda like Hull in the need to have a successful team to be successful. Last year, Dallas wasn't too incredibly good and they missed the playoffs. Belfour looked different from his usual performance in my opinion. So unless the team is injury free (despite previously proven injury proneness) and Belfour can step up with or without a decent defence in front of him, I wouldn't have great hopes for the Leafs, even with the new guys that stepped up.
    Yeah, but you can't rate teams on who they might lose throughout the season. I mean, when we rate the Wings, do we say "Okay... well, they might lose Yzerman and Shanny, and then they'd suck." You gotta take what you've got... and if they lose players, then you re-evaluate them. But yes, Toronto has some injury problems. ... Belfour didn't look great last year, but he also had some personal problems to work through, and with everything that happened while he was in Dallas (the arrest and all the other issues ensuing), there was probably some bad blood and some tension there. Now he's gotten a chance to leave that all behind him, and he seems happy to be in Toronto, which is something you don't see from him very often.

Boston just collapsed in the playoffs. Theodore was unstoppable in that round. Boston just didn't perform like they could and that's why I don't put them in that catergory. Only Carolina (The miracle team) and Toronto (the team that advanced despite adversity) really did much impressive play.

Bourque loved Boston as well (he moved back there after retirement), but the Bruins management had just done something (which we will never know what exactly) that just pushed him over the edge. I'll be the first person to defend ANY player with management problems because Colorado has had a little more than its fair share of magagement idiots and I get pissed off at them as well as 1/2 the state. The Rockies have been pretty ruined by stupid decisions by the management (not knowing what kind of pitcher our climate demands, trading away the arguably most dominant hitting squad in the game's history, and somehow scaring away a very baseball enthusiastic crowd from the game) and so have the Nuggets (see 11-71 season). Luckily, the Av's have arguably the best GM in the game who actually KNOWS what he's doing. But most managerial guy don't and if some player gets turned off by them, I'd tend to side with the player (even a guy like Barry Bonds) rather than the management. Well, I just wrote a lot without no actual point, so lets just move on.
    Didn't perform like they could? What more d'you expect from them? They peppered Theo with 100-some shots in the last 2 games. You can't expect them to do much more. Theo was just on his game... there was nothing they could do about it. It happens to the worst of them, it happens to the best of them.

Management problems aren't always the management fault. ...And hey, I don't always like who I'm working with. That's part of group work. It happens at school all the time. I don't get along with everybody, but that's life. You just gotta pull through. I think Bourque should've done the noble thing, stayed that one more year, and set a good example for hockey. Now with Bourque leaving Boston, the message is being sent that, it's a business, and nobody plays with the same team for their whole career anymore.

I tend to believe the opposite just because, although CuJo is very good, Hasek has led his teams to greater success (even barring the last year where he had all that support) and he has garnered greater rewards (Veniza's, record save percentages [not even the best defence ever could allow those stats without someone truly great in goal]). Cujo is great, but not as great as Hasek in my opinion. But to each, his own.
    Alright, that's cool. I personally think the only reason that the Leafs didn't get over the hump is because their whole team relies on veteran leadership, and with veteran leadership, come veteran injuries. CuJo could've played better in the later rounds though. He always played well in the 1st and 2nd rounds, but whenever they got to the conference finals (vs. Buffalo and Carolina), he wasn't on his game.

The_shad (I antagonize you so I'm heel by association)
    You antagonize a heel.

I believe that makes you a face.

HAHAHAHA... Stupid face.

Little pussy, whatcha gonna do? Shake my hand and congratulate me a job well done? Fight me with your little fists? You're nothing.

You stay classy Planet Earth Jason_HBK's Avatar
    HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking of something, The Leafs were whining about Cujo's age in the last year of the contract yet they sign Belfour instead of Dafoe.

So I was bored the other night so I decided to read through this entire thread. I suggest everyone that was posting regularly in here to do the same and re-live some of the moments. It was cool looking back:

- all the pre-playoffs debates.

- seeing the excitment over the Nucks first 2 wins

- The reaction to the lidstrom goal

- Rajah's never wavering support for the Wings

- seeing the dissapointment in KR and Psychosport over the Nucks exciting run

- The argument over "Foppa"

- SS not letting me place the blame on others for the Leafs loss.

- Reactions to the fraser fuck up and the hits on Tucker and Zednik.

- Reactions to the Leafs tying goal and eventual elimination.

- shad watching the Avs escape the sharks and kings only to be eliminated in a heartbreaker by the wings

- shad's unrelenting predictions about the damn hurricanes.

- and the eventual exit of the cinderlla canes and the emergence of the best team in both season's in a series that was better than expected.

There were high and low points but never a dull moment. Those are just some of the moments that we had.There was a comment in there that said Best.Playoffs.Ever. (I think it was shad) I would have to agree. I don't know how they will follow it up this year, but I can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just thinking of something, The Leafs were whining about Cujo's age in the last year of the contract yet they sign Belfour instead of Dafoe.

So I was bored the other night so I decided to read through this entire thread. I suggest everyone that was posting regularly in here to do the same and re-live some of the moments. It was cool looking back:

- all the pre-playoffs debates. That ruled!

- seeing the excitment over the Nucks first 2 winsI knew the Wings were in control all along.

*rereads thread to see what he said*

- The reaction to the lidstrom goal Lindstrom. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Too confident. That was what was really killer about the Wings win to me. Actually, not really.

- The argument over "Foppa" I wanna read that, but I can't find it.

- SS not letting me place the blame on others for the Leafs loss. Yea because we all know it was Kerry Fraser's fault. Duh.

- Reactions to the fraser fuck up and the hits on Tucker and Zednik. One image will be forever printed in my mind and that is Bourque winning the cup. But if there were to be a second moment, it would be the fans chanting "Fraser Sucks!" duning an Av's game. Priceless.

- Reactions to the Leafs tying goal and eventual elimination. It was like a bad sport movies plot until Carolina actually got that goal and we all realize "Aw Fuck. Carolina's going to the cup" We'll, everyone except me cause I knew it all along

- shad watching the Avs escape the sharks and kings only to be eliminated in a heartbreaker by the wings The Av's were eliminated? They won the cup against the Devils. *refuses to let go of 2001*

- shad's unrelenting predictions about the damn hurricanes. Eat your heart out, John Edwards

- and the eventual exit of the cinderlla canes and the emergence of the best team in both season's in a series that was better than expected. One of the best teams ever assembled. But my anger refuses to allow me to say any more

There were high and low points but never a dull moment. Those are just some of the moments that we had.There was a comment in there that said Best.Playoffs.Ever. (I think it was shadEven if it wasn't me, i'm still taking credit for it) I would have to agree. I don't know how they will follow it up this year, but I can't wait.I don't think next year's playoffs will be as good (well, except for an Av's win. ), but the regular season sure looks promising.
    You forgot the great Yzerman debate (as much as I and my psychiatrist like to forget it) . But, on the plus side, I got 3 mentions. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Well, this playoff was the best I've ever seen and it was for a reason. The setup. The first round and the playoff race made it. Favorites died and competion ran rampant after that in the East. 8 spots for 10 teams in the West made a very entertaining race right there. And the rest just took off from all of this.,

The_shad (But if the Av's would have won it, it would have been perfect)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- all the pre-playoffs debates.

YEah, arguing with Rajah, and fearing for my job on hockeyinformer.com scared me. But someone had to stand up for my Canucks!

- seeing the excitment over the Nucks first 2 wins

I watched a video of them losing in game six. On a sidenote, the second goal that tied it up, the one where Warriner hit like 3 people, is one of the best shifts I have seen played in hockey ever. I was at the game, and the atmoshpere was insane, the crowd went crazy everytime Warriner hit someone. Then they scored to tie it up.......It was almost enough to make me thing we would win.

- The reaction to the lidstrom goal

But.....why.......Cloutier.......so good..........then so so bad......Damn you Cloutier/Lidstrom. Stupid goal.

But this year they were supposed to have no goalie so I could laugh at him. But they went out and got Cujo, the latest whore to leave Canada. Damnit!

- The argument over "Foppa"

I want to get some quotes from that. That was funny. Stupid Foppa.

- SS not letting me place the blame on others for the Leafs loss.

Leafs lost because they didn't have a healthy Tucker damnit.

- Reactions to the fraser fuck up and the hits on Tucker and Zednik.

How Frasier still has a job is beyond me. I think my favorite quote about Frasier was some guy on TSN who said all the refs suck, so they should fire them all except Frasier, who is the only guy who knows what he is doing. People like that scare me.

- Reactions to the Leafs tying goal and eventual elimination.

I don't even like the Leafs, but I still wanted them to win. Canadian pride, lol.

- shad watching the Avs escape the sharks and kings only to be eliminated in a heartbreaker by the wings

Woooooooooo! Av's got kicked out! I hate them even more then I hate the Wings! Though the Canucks always play kick ass games against them. Last year at least. And no more wins for the stupid Bourque buying cup team.

- shad's unrelenting predictions about the damn hurricanes.

Pure luck I tell you

- and the eventual exit of the cinderlla canes and the emergence of the best team in both season's in a series that was better than expected.

I hated the finals. It was a horrible horrible finals. No tenseness, no excitement. You knew it was over after game 3. Canes were dead in the water. It sucks when that happens in the finals.
    But like they said, the real finals was played in the semi's in the West.

There were high and low points but never a dull moment. Those are just some of the moments that we had.There was a comment in there that said Best.Playoffs.Ever. (I think it was shad) I would have to agree. I don't know how they will follow it up this year, but I can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That doesn't look right. I mean that it was a moment in the thread that stuck out in my mind. They had faith to the end and didn't whine and place blame on other like I tried to do with the Leafs. *I am still haunted by Bob Cole's damn commentary.*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woooooooooo! Av's got kicked out! I hate them even more then I hate the Wings! Though the Canucks always play kick ass games against them. Last year at least. And no more wins for the stupid Bourque buying cup team.
    GRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! What the hell was wrong with trading for Bourque? He was obviosly unhappy as a Bruin (as shown when he retired) and he was traded to the Av's for someone that has done very well for Boston as of far. You're just bitter that the Av's are 8 time, 8 time STAIGHT division champions...

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Pure luck I tell you
    Swedish has swedish skill, I have Shaddy skill.

SUCKAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Sorry, It was just so fun to say the first time.

The_shad (Now can you dig that...

K_RRRRRRRRRRRR!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That doesn't look right. I mean that it was a moment in the thread that stuck out in my mind. They had faith to the end and didn't whine and place blame on other like I tried to do with the Leafs. *I am still haunted by Bob Cole's damn commentary.*
    You're right that doesn't sound right. But it does, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the Colorado announcer screaming about Roy's goals in Game 7 still haunt me. I'm. So. Scared. To. Go. To. Sleep. I'm probably as scarred as you so I feel your pain.

The_shad (Didn't we have this discusion before? I'm getting Deja Vu)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right that doesn't sound right. But it does, if you know what I mean.

Anyway, the Colorado announcer screaming about Roy's goals in Game 7 still haunt me. I'm. So. Scared. To. Go. To. Sleep. I'm probably as scarred as you so I feel your pain.

The_shad (Didn't we have this discusion before? I'm getting Deja Vu)
    yes we did.

For me it is like teasing death, but for you it was probably like 5 or 6 knives stabbed into you.

I long for death.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I disagree. I don't think they will win the cup. They will have a tough time if they play the oilers in the first round. The oilers are playing playoff hockey right now. The Wings are garunteed a playoff spot. If they wan't to get far in the tournament they will have to keep sharp. They also have some good teams to beat in the Western Conference this year. I think they will bow out in the first or second round.
    I just read this. I think you may have gotten this a bit wrong.

The_shad (But I sooooo wanted you to be right. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Images and Words

The Devs beat Philly 1-0 yesterday to jump in front of the Islanders. They'll likely stay in sixth place and play Carolina, which should be an easy first round victory.

Hooray.
    Poor Brent. Man, it is fun to look up stuff that was said way back when. It reminds you of how surprising things actually were.

Originally posted by bionic_wolverine
    But unfortunately Carolina might not be an easy first round victory. They are a much better team than they were last year and have beaten the Devils this season. Also the Devils are a different team than the were last year too. I don't know if it is for the better quite yet.

I think it should make an interesting match-up. However I do believe the Devils will win and advance, but i don't believe it will be easy for them.
    The original Hurricane beleiver.

Originally posted by Rajah
    First of all, screw the Eastern Conference. The West is where it's at.
    Yup, the West made this year.

The_shad (No way in hell am I gonna point out my funny inconsistacies. Probably cause they just make me cry. )

EDIT: More.

I don't see L.A. beating Colorado. I dunno, I just think they won't be able to beat the 'Lanche. But I still think the series will go to 6 or 7 games.
    Detroit will take Vancouver is six games.
    Ok, that's fucking creepy. Ok, K_R's is a litlle vague, but Rajah just said it straight out.
    Last edited by The_shad; July 25th, 2002 at 3:16 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No.
    Cujo = cool nickname.
    Foppa = Sounds like a weird breakfast food served at Denny's

"Would you like some Foppa's with those pancakes?"
    My favorite part of this whole thread, was when we argured over Forsbergs nickname, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My favorite part of this whole thread, was when we argured over Forsbergs nickname, lol.
    Says the man whose name is part of dinner. "I think I'll have some turkey with gravy, a few veges, and a side of Kid_Rolls." :P

The_shad (Foppa: Better than 'Tuzzi. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At least Tuzzi makes sense. BerTUZZI.

ForsFOPPABerg just doesn't work.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn.

The day after Vancouver went 2-0 on the Wings was the happiest day of my life.

I miss Hockey .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You gotta read this:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/readstory.asp?Story_Id=2439522

Mike Peca is threatening Darcy Tucker because of a clean hit. Well I for one hope the game where he tries to get his revenge is televised because I would love nothing more than to see Darcy Tucker kick his ass. And he will. But I mean come one, it was a clean hit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OH man, go to NHL.com and sign up for the nhlvideo thingie. It is so good! It has hilights of the week for every game, and best of all it has the Bertuzzi hit on Chelios! I have watched that hit like 20 times now, the crowd went insane over it. Man, I miss hockey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brings a tear to my eye. What a beautiful hit. It's always nice to see the crowd go nuts but when it's because of a hit on chelios, it makes it that much better.

But they don't have the hit on Peca.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay my scanner works! Go here to see a sweet shot of GM place during the intro to Game 3 against Detroit. I would post it here but it would probably be too big and slow down the page too much.

http://www.boomspeed.com/kid_roll/gmplace2.jpg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody heard any rumors on teams interested in Fleury. Man I hope the Leafs go after him. He would be such a great addition to their line-up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody heard any rumors on teams interested in Fleury. Man I hope the Leafs go after him. He would be such a great addition to their line-up.
    I haven't heard any rumors about Fleury. Sorry. But rumors are spreading now about Wayne Gretzky himself retuning to play for another season. Anyone heard about this? This has in no way been confirmed by NHL.com (suprise, suprise ) and I have found 1 quick editorial on it right here. http://www.sportingnews.com/nhl/arti...30/418535.html I've browsed the net for a few hours and have found no real hard news on "The Great One's" wavering commitment to retirement (well, at least on any sites that I'd trust). But what do you think about the possibility of one of the game's legends returning for one last ride. Would it be for the best (like Michael Jordan, the first time) or the worst (Jordan the second time )? Have you lost any respect for him because of his wavering convictions? Will this get a responce before the hockey season starts up again?

The_shad (Gretsky back again? This could be interesting. And, no, I don't think HE will play for the Leafs. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yay my scanner works! Go here to see a sweet shot of GM place during the intro to Game 3 against Detroit. I would post it here but it would probably be too big and slow down the page too much.

http://www.boomspeed.com/kid_roll/gmplace2.jpg
    I hate to doule post so quickly (well, actually I don't ), but is that porn on the big screen? I couldn't tell. If it is, no wonder you Canadians like hockey so much.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gretzky denied any rumors about coming back earlier today at a press conference.

Question: Why do Canadians fuck doggy style?
    Answer: So they can both watch the hockey game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by M-Dub
    Gretzky denied any rumors about coming back earlier today at a press conference.
    D'oh. I knew I should have watched Sport Center before I posted that. But that doesn't mean it's out of the question yet. MJ was denying a return too for a little bit and look what happened.

Originally posted by M-Dub
    Question: Why do Canadians fuck doggy style?
    Answer: So they can both watch the hockey game.
    Now I'm begining to see why Chelios is so hated. I mean, that has to ruin the mood.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porn on the big screen? Get your mind out of the gutter. I think it's Dan Cloutiers picture, but with a graphic type explosion thingy happening before it shows his face, to make it impressive and stuff.

If it's porn you're after, and you want to see Dan get nailed up the ass, just watch the Lidstrom goal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Porn on the big screen? Get your mind out of the gutter. I think it's Dan Cloutiers picture, but with a graphic type explosion thingy happening before it shows his face, to make it impressive and stuff.

If it's porn you're after, and you want to see Dan get nailed up the ass, just watch the Lidstrom goal.
    Just kidding, just kidding. It just didn't look normal and I interpreted it as porn. And I unfortunately saw that with Lindstrom and Cloutier.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And, no, I don't think HE will play for the Leafs. )

On the TSN You Call, some guy wrote that thought. About seeing Gretzky in Blue and White. Only from a Leaf fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

On the TSN You Call, some guy wrote that thought. About seeing Gretzky in Blue and White. Only from a Leaf fan.
    What can I say? I have skills. I'm a selective psychic. I predict what I want to and it comes true. So, I just have to say, stay away from any people named Sue or Sally for the next week. She has 15 different STD's. 5 previously unkown. *hopes you know a Sue or Sally*

The_shad (And this joke better not kill the thread again. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I say? I have skills. I'm a selective psychic. I predict what I want to and it comes true. So, I just have to say, stay away from any people named Sue or Sally for the next week. She has 15 different STD's. 5 previously unkown. *hopes you know a Sue or Sally*

The_shad (And this joke better not kill the thread again. )
    Your "jokes" always kill the threads.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so great. Shad is getting everyone all riled up and we still have 10 weeks. Keep it up.

I hope that Pat Quinn gets his head out of his ass and signs Fleury. 4 mil is such a bargain. I heard a comment that the Leafs may not be interested, that better be part of some startegy or I'm gonna be pissed.

I heard a rumor that the Nucks are throwing their nam ein the hat. If they get him the rest of the west is in trouble. Unless they play the goal by lidstrom on the big screen at road games. Then it's all good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is so great. Shad is getting everyone all riled up and we still have 10 weeks. Keep it up.

I hope that Pat Quinn gets his head out of his ass and signs Fleury. 4 mil is such a bargain. I heard a comment that the Leafs may not be interested, that better be part of some startegy or I'm gonna be pissed.

I heard a rumor that the Nucks are throwing their nam ein the hat. If they get him the rest of the west is in trouble. Unless they play the goal by lidstrom on the big screen at road games. Then it's all good.
    Hey, I do my best. In fact, I was doing it just this afternoon in the Feedback forum, telling Sporty that Vancouver sucks. Uh Oh, I'm gonna get baacklash for that.

On the topic of Fleury, I want the Av's to get him. I liked him as an Av and if they win a cup with him, some guy offered to fix his teeth. Seriously. But the damn Stars screwed that all up. BURN IN HELL, STARS. That won't be too good either.

The_shad (This thread must not die! )

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Fleury comes with so much baggage though. I can understand why teams aren't falling over themselves to sign him for $4 million.

Oh and guess what everyone; I'd just like to remind you - Detroit signed CuJo.

That is all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fleury comes with so much baggage though. I can understand why teams aren't falling over themselves to sign him for $4 million.

That is all.
    1. Get over to the WWE forum. Someone is spamming in a bad way.

2. Fleury may have his problems, but he didn't have many in other places if I remember right. There may have been some team/ personal problems in NY.

3. Detroit is gonna suck this year, now flame me to hell, you... you... OWNER OF THIS SITE!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If he gets his head on straight, which he has he can be a valuable player. All he needs is to be in a good environment. I hope that is TO. The Leafs have done nothing to sign any free agents this year so hopefully they wake up.

That is all.
    I hate you.

I hope it's Leafs/Wings in the final and "the team that isn't serious about winning a cup", wins! I am a bitter, bitter man.

On the topic of Fleury, I want the Av's to get him. I liked him as an Av and if they win a cup with him, some guy offered to fix his teeth. Seriously. But the damn Stars screwed that all up. BURN IN HELL, STARS. That won't be too good either.
    Unfortunately I could actually see him going to the Avs. He was there before and they are always cup contenders. Like the Avs need any more firepower.

1. Get over to the WWE forum. Someone is spamming in a bad way.
    What happened? That loser that used to post sick pictures??

2. Fleury may have his problems, but he didn't have many in other places if I remember right. There may have been some team/ personal problems in NY.
    Plus he has made alot of progress working through them.

3. Detroit is gonna suck this year and Toronto is my favorite team.
    I hope so. I could see them doing average unitl Yzerman comes back and lights a fire under that team.

Finally you have seen the light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he gets his head on straight, which he has he can be a valuable player. All he needs is to be in a good environment. I hope that is TO. The Leafs have done nothing to sign any free agents this year so hopefully they wake up.
    I concur.

I hate you.

I hope it's Av's (my absolute favorite team) /Wings in the final and "the team that isn't serious about winning a cup", wins! I am a bitter, bitter man.
    They can't play each other in the final. But it doesn't mean that the Av's can't whoop the Wings anyway.

Unfortunately I could actually see him going to the Avs. He was there before and they are always cup contenders. Like the Avs need any more firepower.
    Yea, I can too. Laquoix is smart enough to get him too. but IO think he'll look for a defender first. They are still lacking that leader in the D.

What happened? That loser that used to post sick pictures??
    Some dude from one of those crappy, rip-off-your-news sites took up the whole page in the wrestling forum posting his sites address and making up fake thread names like, "McMahon has an affair with a cow. DETAIL INSIDE!!!1111 O and I ro> You get the idea. But someone deleted them after I posted my stuff. Seems someone should be honored as a hero. *points to self, modestly of course*

Plus he has made alot of progress working through them.
    Indeed.

I hope so. I could see them doing average unitl Yzerman comes back and lights a fire under that team.
    Yea, thats what I keep saying. with the loss of Bowman, Hasek, and Yzerman for a while, they are gonna get off to a bad start probably. But they'll still make the playoffs as always and probably take the divission. But they still suck! Now post, Rajah! Don't let me kill the thread again.

I hate the Leafs, but the Av's ruleth.
    Well, at least you have stopped denying what was so blatantly obvious from the start.

The_shad (Haha, sucka)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, at least you have stopped denying what was so blatantly obvious from the start.

The_shad (Haha, sucka)

I could have got fired you bastard. I was on the phone with a very upset customer when I read that. I started laughing and the guy thought I was laughing at him. Not a good situation. But funny nonetheless.

Who else will be mad if Theodore and Iginla abandon their teams. I sure as hell will. 1 good season does not make them the greatest players. Who knows, maybe one or both just had a lucky year. I think they will both sign but if they don't I will be disgusted. Especially if they go to the Wings or Rangers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I could have got fired you bastard. I was on the phone with a very upset customer when I read that. I started laughing and the guy thought I was laughing at him. Not a good situation. But funny nonetheless.
    Could be worse. You could have been talking to an angry boss. O, and I'm not liable for any unemployment I may cause. But now, you see, even you are getting riled up by my evilness. Only... too long untill the season. O well, football's starting so I can go rabid about that for a while.

Who else will be mad if Theodore and Iginla abandon their teams. I sure as hell will. 1 good season does not make them the greatest players. Who knows, maybe one or both just had a lucky year. I think they will both sign but if they don't I will be disgusted. Especially if they go to the Wings or Rangers.
    Theodore defitately should stay with Montreal, I agree. And since he's a restricted free agent, I think he will. Just as long as he doesn't hold out. Igilna, on the other hand, although he should stay with Calgary and all, if he ever wants to get big bucks, the chane is now. He just doesn't strike me as a guy who can keep up that kinda play consistantly. In a few years, he might be another has been and working at the league minimum. but you never know. He could be the next Gordie (just pick any of them. Too damn many Gordie's in hockey history. ) for all we know.

The_shad (I am not responsible for unemployment, unintentional arson, broken computers, electrocution, plague, or herpes. Ok, maybe I am for the last one, but SHHHH! )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They both should stay with their teams. Iginla's choice could very well make or break the Flames.

The_shad (I am not responsible for unemployment, unintentional arson, broken computers, electrocution, plague, or herpes. Ok, maybe I am for the last one, but SHHHH! )

I'm glad I don't work today.

On a more serious note, looks like Steve Yzerman may have played his last game. Here is the story:

http://www.tsn.ca/NHL/readstory.asp?Story_ID=2456326

Not good news for Wings fans especially. What is hockey going to be like without guys like Yzerman. For the sake of the game I hope he comes back but for the sake of my teams, have a happy retirement Steve.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Jeez, don't scare me like that. You made it sound like it was likely he had played his last game. Sounds to be like they are discussing a worst case scenario, but Stevie is a tough man - he'll be back.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Detroit will do fine without Hasek, Bowman and Yzerman. Hasek has been replaced with someone I actually feel more comfortable with. Bowman is a tough loss, but at least his replacement is a guy who has been by his side for many years. And as for Yzerman, he's a great captain but Detroit is a well rounded team. Stevie missed like 30+ games last year and Detroit still kicked everyone's ass in the regular season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, don't scare me like that. You made it sound like it was likely he had played his last game. Sounds to be like they are discussing a worst case scenario, but Stevie is a tough man - he'll be back.
    I thought that would give you a scare if you hadn't already heard.

We all know he is tough.

I have chalked it up to one of two things:

1) It is worse than we thought and playing through the pain for months may have cost him his career.

or

2) Mind games. First they steal Cujo and now they play mind games with me.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my God I am so pumped for Van's season this year. Last year's end was a bit disappointing, with the fall of Cloutier, but I am looking forward to this season even more than I have been looking forward to the past 6 seasons. Dammit...two months away...

Detroit will certainly not suck this year, but they won't be as good as the Canucks

Okay that last part was just a wish.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Trust me, you scared the shit out of me. I saw your post and I fumbled to click the link and then started frantically reading the post. Suffice to say, I was close to a heart attack.

But as for his knee injury, it does sound serious and I agree that him playing through it since February did it no favors at all. But I hope that if it doesn't feel okay, he just takes the whole year off or something instead of just hastily deciding that he's going to retire. That knee has bothered him since about 1988...when he rammed it into a goalpost and shattered it and maybe he just needs a big, long break cause it seems he always rushes back.

And PsychoSport, Edmonton will give Vancouver a good old-fashioned ass-kicking this year!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me, you scared the shit out of me. I saw your post and I fumbled to click the link and then started frantically reading the post. Suffice to say, I was close to a heart attack.
    I'm sorry to laugh, I can imagine how you reacted. I have been there.

But as for his knee injury, it does sound serious and I agree that him playing through it since February did it no favors at all. But I hope that if it doesn't feel okay, he just takes the whole year off or something instead of just hastily deciding that he's going to retire. That knee has bothered him since about 1988...when he rammed it into a goalpost and shattered it and maybe he just needs a big, long break cause it seems he always rushes back.
    Maybe a Forsberg like break would do him some good. When I read it, I was surprised that he would retire. I was expecting to read that he was taking the entire year off. But retiring seems alittle drastic. Maybe it is worse than we all thought.

And PsychoSport, Edmonton will give Vancouver a good old-fashioned ass-kicking this year!
    Hopefully all three Canadian teams in that division make it in.

This is the most action this thread has seen in awhile. Shad is gonna be pissed when he finds out he missed it.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We'll see about that...

Vancouver vs. Edmonton, Saturday December 14th, 10:00 Eastern, 7:00 Pacific.

Two of Van's first three games are against Calgary...Alberta is going to suffer from

CANUCK POWER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canucks are da bomb babee.

September 19th, pre-season game, I am there! Edmonton vs Canucks! And hopefully Linden is on the different team then Naslund so he can get the C on his jersey one last time.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You want to trade Linden or Naslund?

I'm all for Linden having the C again, but I don't want to lose him...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no no! During pre-season there are two different teams that the Canucks put out. They alternate, so they can get a look at all the young guys trying to make the team and not wear the vets down too much for useless games. last year Baron had the C on one team and Nazzy had it on the other. So this year I want Linden to have the C on one of the two pre-season teams.

Trade Naslund, you crazy fool.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No no no! During pre-season there are two different teams that the Canucks put out. They alternate, so they can get a look at all the young guys trying to make the team and not wear the vets down too much for useless games. last year Baron had the C on one team and Nazzy had it on the other. So this year I want Linden to have the C on one of the two pre-season teams.

Trade Naslund, you crazy fool.

I had no clue about that. That explains it.

Derrrrrr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    O, so now you guys decide to post while I'm gone. That's just great. Do I have to stay on this forrum 24/7?

Detroit will do fine without Hasek, Bowman and Yzerman. Hasek has been replaced with someone I actually feel more comfortable with. Bowman is a tough loss, but at least his replacement is a guy who has been by his side for many years. And as for Yzerman, he's a great captain but Detroit is a well rounded team. Stevie missed like 30+ games last year and Detroit still kicked everyone's ass in the regular season.
    Even though Bowman's right hand man is replacing him, that still isn't the same thing as having Bowman himself, so they'll go down in that catergory. Same with Hasek and Yzerman. Their postitions have been downgraded a bit. So, I think they might have a little trouble and then realize, "Hey! They are gone! We have to start playing harded." Or at least thats what every Colorado team does.

Now you know how I felt when you said we traded drury. Bastard.

Hopefully all three Canadian teams in that division make it in.

This is the most action this thread has seen in awhile. Shad is gonna be pissed when he finds out he missed it.
    You are damn right I am. And what is this pipe dream about the Canadian teams getting in? You have too many fantasies. Well, at least yours aren't about kangaroos and strawberries.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D'oh, I pressed submit too early. But while I'm at it, might as well make a second post.

Originally posted by Canuck Boy
    We'll see about that...

Vancouver vs. Edmonton, Saturday December 14th, 10:00 Eastern, 7:00 Pacific.

Two of Van's first three games are against Calgary...Alberta is going to suffer from

CANUCK POWER
    What did I tell you about that. The Canucks have no power. They can't get the puck into the net. You should at least say
    AV POWER or DUCK POWER at least. They have more claim to it that the 'Nucks.

Originally posted by Canuck Boy the Second
    Canucks are da bomb babee.

September 19th, pre-season game, I am there! Edmonton vs Canucks! And hopefully Linden is on the different team then Naslund so he can get the C on his jersey one last time.
    And yet, no one has mentions the games they are all scared of. Av's vs. the Canucks. Although we don't play in the preseason, Thursday, October 31st, the Canucks are getting their asses handed to them. And on the 22nd of october, Edmonton get killed. And on the 16th, Detroit. Make that the 16th of January. Someone in the scheduling office fucked up.

Originally posted by Canuck Boy
    Derrrrrr
    The perfect exaple of a Canuck fan.

The_shad ( Lousy bastards starting it back up without me. )

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I never once said it was the same thing...I just think people are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. When Bowman missed a few games at the beginning of a recent season, Lewis and Smith co-coached the team and they only lost once in five games. I'm just saying that by promoting someone from within, Detroit will be a WHOLE LOT better than hiring a Ted Nolan or Pat Burns or whatever.

Besides, I think coaching is overrated and it's a lot easier for a coach to manage a successful team that is a carry-over from the year before. When Colorado lost Crawford, they didn't all of a sudden start sucking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never once said it was the same thing...I just think people are making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. When Bowman missed a few games at the beginning of a recent season, Lewis and Smith co-coached the team and they only lost once in five games. I'm just saying that by promoting someone from within, Detroit will be a WHOLE LOT better than hiring a Ted Nolan or Pat Burns or whatever.

Besides, I think coaching is overrated and it's a lot easier for a coach to manage a successful team that is a carry-over from the year before. When Colorado lost Crawford, they didn't all of a sudden start sucking.
    Yea, that is true that its a whole hell of a lot easier to coach a winning team than Tamp... I mean a losing team, but I don't thin by a long shot that it is overated. You have to know how to spread talent between shifts, not overwork guys, and make decisions like pulling the goalie. A team really cannot win if the coach sucks. Hell, the coach needs to get along with the players to do really great. bowman was liked and look what happen. Hartley is liked and look at the Av's. crawford wasn't liked especially and the team slowly faded from the dominance they had in 96. I mean, they lost to the oilers. That's as bad as losing to Tampa Bay.

The_shad (Off season cheap shots rule!)

EDIT: Hey, your 900 post was wasted on your heart attack. congrats.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shaddy, shaddy, shaddy...

You will witness CANUCK POWER this season, I assure you.

And you can make fun of the Canucks all you want, but don't be stupid. Can't put puck in the net? Erm, hiya. Canucks had the second most goals for last year buddy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by PsychoSport
    Shaddy, shaddy, shaddy...

You will witness CANUCK POWER this season, I assure you.

And you can make fun of the Canucks all you want, but don't be stupid. Can't put puck in the net? Erm, hiya. Canucks had the second most goals for last year buddy.
    Bah, technicality. You will witness AVALANCHE POWER this season when they do same old, same old. Win the division, go far in the playoffs and maybe win the cup. For all of Bob Hartley's reign as coach they have gotten at least to the conference finals. 8 straight years as division champs. And, as for the Canucks. They probably will be in that eternal battle for on of the 5 wildcard spots. Along with Edmonton and maybe Calgary. And just remember, you have to compete with a legend in goal, a selfless captain, a Swede with skills (no relation to the poster), many great young talents, and a coach that the whole team likes.

The_shad (The Canucks had 2nd most goals overall? Really. Well, its kinda obvious who would have the most, but thats a suprising statistic right there)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ottawa had the most, I believe.

It was close between Ottawa, Vancouver and Detroit I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ottawa had the most, I believe.

It was close between Ottawa, Vancouver and Detroit I think.
    Well, I now have ammo against you my friend. They were first. Any respectable fan should know that about his team. And Ottawa was 5th. And the Av's were 18th.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Van was first?!

Sweetness.

They were chasing Ottawa all throughout the second half of the season, Ottawa must have really lost it. Can you post the list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Van was first?!

Sweetness.

They were chasing Ottawa all throughout the second half of the season, Ottawa must have really lost it. Can you post the list?
    HELL NO! *remembers Sporty's tapes against him. Ok.

1 VANCOUVER 254
    2 DETROIT 251
    3 TORONTO 249
    4 SAN JOSE 248
    5 OTTAWA 243
    6 NY ISLANDERS 239
    7 BOSTON 236
    8 PHILADELPHIA 234
    9 PHOENIX 228
    10 WASHINGTON 228
    11 NY RANGERS 227
    12 ST LOUIS 227
    13 CAROLINA 217
    14 CHICAGO 216
    15 DALLAS 215
    16 LOS ANGELES 214
    17 BUFFALO 213
    18 COLORADO 212
    19 MONTREAL 207
    20 EDMONTON 205
    21 NEW JERSEY 205
    22 CALGARY 201
    23 PITTSBURGH 198
    24 NASHVILLE 196
    25 MINNESOTA 195
    26 ATLANTA 187
    27 FLORIDA 180
    28 TAMPA BAY 178
    29 ANAHEIM 175
    30 COLUMBUS 164

There goes DUCK POWER. But at least the Tampa jokes can go on and on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm at it, most goals against. Look at the last team and beleive that Patty Roy is still the best there ever was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.

1 ATLANTA 288
    2 NY RANGERS 258
    3 COLUMBUS 255
    4 FLORIDA 250
    5 PITTSBURGH 249
    6 WASHINGTON 240
    7 MINNESOTA 238
    8 NASHVILLE 230
    9 CALGARY 220
    10 NY ISLANDERS 220
    11 TAMPA BAY 219
    12 CAROLINA 217
    13 DALLAS 213
    14 VANCOUVER 211
    15 PHOENIX 210
    16 MONTREAL 209
    17 OTTAWA 208
    18 CHICAGO 207
    19 TORONTO 207
    20 BOSTON 201
    21 BUFFALO 200
    22 SAN JOSE 199
    23 ANAHEIM 198
    24 PHILADELPHIA 192
    25 LOS ANGELES 190
    26 ST LOUIT 188
    27 DETROIT 187
    28 NEW JERSEY 187
    29 EDMONTON 182
    30 COLORADO 169

Take that, sucka. You may have power, but you goalie is closer to disabled than able.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha.

SHOT DOWN

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha.

SHOT DOWN
    You poor sap. You have no clue that I just insulted you.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I'm at it, most goals against. Look at the last team and beleive that Patty Roy is still the best there ever was, the best there is, and the best there ever will be.

1 ATLANTA 288
    2 NY RANGERS 258
    3 COLUMBUS 255
    4 FLORIDA 250
    5 PITTSBURGH 249
    6 WASHINGTON 240
    7 MINNESOTA 238
    8 NASHVILLE 230
    9 CALGARY 220
    10 NY ISLANDERS 220
    11 TAMPA BAY 219
    12 CAROLINA 217
    13 DALLAS 213
    14 VANCOUVER 211
    15 PHOENIX 210
    16 MONTREAL 209
    17 OTTAWA 208
    18 CHICAGO 207
    19 TORONTO 207
    20 BOSTON 201
    21 BUFFALO 200
    22 SAN JOSE 199
    23 ANAHEIM 198
    24 PHILADELPHIA 192
    25 LOS ANGELES 190
    26 ST LOUIT 188
    27 DETROIT 187
    28 NEW JERSEY 187
    29 EDMONTON 182
    30 COLORADO 169

Take that, sucka. You may have power, but you goalie is closer to disabled than able.
    Meh. If you score more then you let in, it doesn't matter how much you let in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And what is this pipe dream about the Canadian teams getting in?
    Hey, just remember where the Avs came from. You will eat those words come playoff time. Or I will.

And yet, no one has mentions the games they are all scared of. Av's vs. the Canucks. Although we don't play in the preseason, Thursday, October 31st, the Canucks are getting their asses handed to them. And on the 22nd of october, Edmonton get killed. And on the 16th, Detroit. Make that the 16th of January. Someone in the scheduling office fucked up.
    Ha, I knew you were scared. Didn't want to mention the Leafs huh. I can't wait for Jan 25th. Sadly it's the only time this season I will get to see the Leafs whip the Avs.

I also can't wait for Dec 6th. Then I get to see Tucker put Peca in his place once and for all.

And just remember, you have to compete with a legend in goal, a selfless captain, a Swede with skills (no relation to the poster), many great young talents, and a coach that the whole team likes.
    I was kidding about you liking the Leafs. It's nice to see you have finally came around for real.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And again, why not hits. And maybe someone *hint, hint* should archive this on a site that we all know and love. *hint, hint* Credit to HL.com and me for editing all the extra info out.

1 COLORADO 2325
    2 FLORIDA 2255
    3 OTTAWA 2182
    4 DALLAS 2146
    5 PHOENIX 2139
    6 NY ISLANDERS 2119
    7 SAN JOSE 2115
    8 CAROLINA 2058
    9 CALGARY 2053
    10 LOS ANGELES 2052
    11 ST LOUIS 2020
    12 VANCOUVER 2000
    13 NEW JERSEY 1983
    14 CHICAGO 1978
    15 TORONTO 1934
    16 NY RANGERS 1908
    17 PHILADELPHIA 1833
    18 COLUMBUS 1810
    19 BUFFALO 1780
    20 ANAHEIM 1744
    21 PITTSBURGH 1709
    22 ATLANTA 1689
    23 BOSTON 1665
    24 EDMONTON 1661
    25 NASHVILLE 1609
    26 DETROIT 1583
    27 MONTREAL 1505
    28 TAMPA BAY 1468
    29 WASHINGTON 1468
    30 MINNESOTA 1353

Its nice to know that our champs don't have a clue about the word hit. :hit:

The_shad (It may be tedious, but I get a putdown for each one. )

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that only one team was in the top five in both those categories.

Yes folks, the mighty Detroit Red Wings.

Colorado may have the defense, Vancouver may have the offense but the Wings have em both.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vancouver had an even 2000 hits. They planned that you know.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that only one team was in the top five in both those categories.

Colorado may have the defense, Vancouver may have the offense but the Wings have em both.
    But where were they in the hits?

Twenty Sixth? Yes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, just remember where the Avs came from. You will eat those words come playoff time. Or I will.
    Trust me. You will. [/arogance] And I have payed homage to Quebec. Just not any other of those cities inferior to Quebec *insert Mega Canadian heat here*

Ha, I knew you were scared. Didn't want to mention the Leafs huh. I can't wait for Jan 25th. Sadly it's the only time this season I will get to see the Leafs whip the Avs.

I also can't wait for Dec 6th. Then I get to see Tucker put Peca in his place once and for all.
    The Av's are gonna get whipped, huh? Possibly, but my money is on Roy recording a shutout.

I was kidding about you liking the Leafs. It's nice to see you have finally came around for real.
    I did describe 2 teams there, didn't I? Well, the team I was talking about has something else. A yeti. Seriously.

The_shad (Most. F'd. Up. Mascot. Ever.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Too bad you can't hit worth a damn. And let me point out that only one team was #1 in 2 catergories. And we were missing Foppa dammit, so the other one doesn't cout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. If you score more then you let in, it doesn't matter how much you let in.
    Just like if you saved more than you score, you win. But apartantly saving more = winning more.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you saved more than you score?

That doesn't even make sense. All teams sav more than they score, it's virtually impossible not to.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Well if you want to get technical, there are probably like hundreds of "categories"...you just happen to pick three where two of them had the Avs in the lead...you sneaky bastard you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And yet another stat sheet since these seem to be reviving the thread. we're gonna have more than baseball by the end of their season if we keep this up. And here is giveaways.

1 DALLAS 1347
    2 MONTREAL 1227
    3 MINNESOTA 1171
    4 PHILADELPHIA 1126
    5 EDMONTON 1125
    6 NY RANGERS 1114
    7 DETROIT 1040
    8 TORONTO 1028
    9 WASHINGTON 1026
    10 SAN JOSE 1024
    11 OTTAWA 995
    12 ST LOUIS 924
    13 PHOENIX 914
    14 BUFFALO 913
    15 NEW JERSEY 888
    16 ATLANTA 887
    17 LOS ANGELES 885
    18 CALGARY 880
    19 COLUMBUS 811
    20 VANCOUVER 795
    21 BOSTON 793
    22 COLORADO 781
    23 TAMPA BAY 762
    24 NY ISLANDERS 760
    25 CAROLINA 749
    26 FLORIDA 716
    27 ANAHEIM 713
    28 NASHVILLE 690
    29 PITTSBURGH 684
    30 CHICAGO 656

And no comments about its better to give than receive.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shad how are you getting these? I'm only getting the Playoffs statistics

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Haha, I was just thinking of that...that the hockey thread is hanging on to the lead over the baseball thread.

If they strike, hockey has it wrapped up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you saved more than you score?

That doesn't even make sense. All teams sav more than they score, it's virtually impossible not to.
    Um, well, um, yea, well, uh...

REVISION: If you have an all star goalie, you only need Tampa's o to win. Ok, maybe you need a little more, but you get the picture.

Well if you want to get technical, there are probably like hundreds of "categories"...you just happen to pick three where two of them had the Avs in the lead...you sneaky bastard you.
    But they are pretty major catergories and I actually did them at random.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shad how are you getting these? I'm only getting the Playoffs statistics
    Um, well, I'm certainly not making them up.

Haha, I was just thinking of that...that the hockey thread is hanging on to the lead over the baseball thread.

If they strike, hockey has it wrapped up.
    Yup. But you realize that if you were to delete this thread, that you would probably have 600 posts, I'd be under 1,000, Swedeish will have wasted valuable spam time, and K_R and J_HBK will be a couple hundred posts down. O, and I'd probably hunt you down and kill you.
    Last edited by The_shad; August 9th, 2002 at 1:44 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not Rajah, you dingus

Tell me how you're getting them, or post the shutout list. One of the two.