Page 11 of 181 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,100 of 18016

Thread: Official NHL Thread

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Jason_HBK
    Unbelievable. Detroit has scored a short handed goal against every team they faced this year in the playoffs. Good game so far though. Wings look like they are running out of gas.
    1000th post in this thread!!!!

I think the Wings are looking very energetic. Why do you think they look like they are runnning out of gas?

The_shad (1000!!!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Swedish Sensation

They should give the backup some more time. With the amount that Roy plays, it's obvious that he gets fatigued... if he got a little resting time, especially after a couple bad games, that may be more incentive for him to play better.
    It may not be a question of just benching him for any game just like that. Roy may tell Hartley what games he'll play and which ones he'll skip. Roy is a great player and he might have control of these things because of it.

He declined an opportunity to play his country... whether he was tired or not, as far as I'm concerned, there's no excuse. He was born in this country, raised in this country, and employed in this country. I think he should give something back. And if he doesn't wanna be perceived as a whiny bitch, maybe he should explain himself. There may have been a bigger issue in Montreal, but if so, he should've spoken about it... otherwise he's gonna be perceived as a whiny bitch. It's not about his reasons or his intentions... we'll never know what those were.
    Yea, he should play for his country if he is able to. But stuff happens and it may have been an age factor. But when have you EVER seen a player speak out about these things with anything more than vague facts? Players aren't payed to speak or explain themselves, they are paid to win games (Tampa doesn't earn their pay). With the Montreal issue, again, he doesn't have to explain himself. Its not like the CIA tells us every single thing that they do. Then again, there are a whole lot of people who'd probably go crazy or something to that effect if they learned what the CIA did a lot.

I agree with a veteran being brought in... but they shouldn't bring in too many, 'cause that can cause a battle for leadership. Just a humble leader, who plays for the team.
    Just 1. Uno. Un. A number between 2 and 0. Too many would be counterproductive.

...And yeah, Foreskin's injuries will definitely catch up on him as he ages. His foot, his shoulder, and his spleen. That's each region of the body.
    Um, foreskin? His injuries have been all over, but nono have relapsed yet. So maybe they are gone for good or maybe they'll come back to haunt him. We'll just have to see...

The_shad (You got sex on the brain, boy. Horny 12-year-olds. )

R.I.P. Dimebag -- 1966-2004 Swedish Sensation's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The_shad
    It may not be a question of just benching him for any game just like that. Roy may tell Hartley what games he'll play and which ones he'll skip. Roy is a great player and he might have control of these things because of it.
    I know he has control of things, but he shouldn't... that's unhealthy for the team. When players see that one guy's going around like he rules the roost, they're gonna think "damn... why don't I get this privilege?" It sets a bad example.

Yea, he should play for his country if he is able to. But stuff happens and it may have been an age factor. But when have you EVER seen a player speak out about these things with anything more than vague facts? Players aren't payed to speak or explain themselves, they are paid to win games (Tampa doesn't earn their pay). With the Montreal issue, again, he doesn't have to explain himself. Its not like the CIA tells us every single thing that they do. Then again, there are a whole lot of people who'd probably go crazy or something to that effect if they learned what the CIA did a lot.
    They aren't paid to speak, but if they don't, then their actions are open to interpretation... and we know Roy cares what the fans think, because he explained himself when he declined playing for Team Canada. He doesn't have to explain himself... but if he doesn't, then we can perceive his actions however we want. And as far as I'm concerned, he owes a service to his country. You never deny a chance to represent your country.

Just 1. Uno. Un. A number between 2 and 0. Too many would be counterproductive.

Um, foreskin? His injuries have been all over, but nono have relapsed yet. So maybe they are gone for good or maybe they'll come back to haunt him. We'll just have to see...
    They haven't come back to haunt him, but he's still young... chances are he'll be forced into a premature retirement.

The_shad (You got sex on the brain, boy. Horny 12-year-olds. )
    12 1/2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know he has control of things, but he shouldn't... that's unhealthy for the team. When players see that one guy's going around like he rules the roost, they're gonna think "damn... why don't I get this privilege?" It sets a bad example.
    Well, its not like Roy gets to do much. He just says when he can play and when he can't. Hartley will play him any chance he can because, quite frankly, if you want to win, you don't bench a Hall of Famer when you don't have to. Regardless of slump, team you are playing against, or Richard Nixon.

They aren't paid to speak, but if they don't, then their actions are open to interpretation... and we know Roy cares what the fans think, because he explained himself when he declined playing for Team Canada. He doesn't have to explain himself... but if he doesn't, then we can perceive his actions however we want. And as far as I'm concerned, he owes a service to his country. You never deny a chance to represent your country.
    Roy PARTIALLY explained Team Canada, but all he did was give a "I want to focus on my team." All he really did was give an answer that people would (somewhat) understand. If he said "I'm tired and I need a break", rumors would spread about him retiring after the season or that Roy can't play well anymore.

:yer:

They haven't come back to haunt him, but he's still young... chances are he'll be forced into a premature retirement.
    You still haven't explained "foreskin"!!!! You called Foppa "foreskin" and, dammit, it deserves an explanation.

12 1/2.
    At least you arn't a horny 16-year-old. Those are vile creatures.

The_shad (Foreskin???!!! foreskin? FORESKIN!!!!!!!!?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, its not like Roy gets to do much. He just says when he can play and when he can't. Hartley will play him any chance he can because, quite frankly, if you want to win, you don't bench a Hall of Famer when you don't have to. Regardless of slump, team you are playing against, or Richard Nixon.
    Yeah, but if he's dictating when he does and doesn't play, then that sets a bad example for the rest of the team. But on the other hand... Roy is undoubtedly the leader of the team. He's the wily veteran. He's just got that image. Maybe it's good to have one outright leader... rather than last year, when they had Bourque and Roy as leaders. But that argument obviously doesn't hold much water, 'cause last year, they won the Cup... and this year, they kinda... didn't.

Roy PARTIALLY explained Team Canada, but all he did was give a "I want to focus on my team." All he really did was give an answer that people would (somewhat) understand. If he said "I'm tired and I need a break", rumors would spread about him retiring after the season or that Roy can't play well anymore.
    I know... I even said in my post that he explained why he wouldn't play for Team Canada. I was using that an example, to say that he obviously does care what the people think, or he wouldn't have offered an explanation... so why didn't he offer an explanation for other things? By the way, he said he wanted to focus on the Cup, but he also needed rest. Far as I'm concerned, he was whining. There's no excuse not to serve your country.

You still haven't explained "foreskin"!!!! You called Foppa "foreskin" and, dammit, it deserves an explanation.

The_shad (Foreskin???!!! foreskin? FORESKIN!!!!!!!!?)
    Haha, dude... calm your horses. ...Or something.

Forsberg = Foreskin

I didn't think it was that hard.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but if he's dictating when he does and doesn't play, then that sets a bad example for the rest of the team. But on the other hand... Roy is undoubtedly the leader of the team. He's the wily veteran. He's just got that image. Maybe it's good to have one outright leader... rather than last year, when they had Bourque and Roy as leaders. But that argument obviously doesn't hold much water, 'cause last year, they won the Cup... and this year, they kinda... didn't.

Roy just says when he is able to play. Its not like he just says to Hartley, "I'm the team leader so I'm going to play every game this season." Even just out of respect for Roy's career, Hartley will play him every game he is able to. Green light=he plays. Red light=he doesn't.

I know... I even said in my post that he explained why he wouldn't play for Team Canada. I was using that an example, to say that he obviously does care what the people think, or he wouldn't have offered an explanation... so why didn't he offer an explanation for other things? By the way, he said he wanted to focus on the Cup, but he also needed rest. Far as I'm concerned, he was whining. There's no excuse not to serve your country.

He isn't a young guy anymore. He may not have been able to handle the rigorous schedule for the Olympics. I don't agree with his decision either, but someone has to stick up for the guy's decisions.

Haha, dude... calm your horses. ...Or something.

Forsberg = Foreskin

I didn't think it was that hard.
    DIIIIEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIEEEEEE EEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish*

*feeds corpse to Gilbert Brown*

The_shad (Swedish=boob)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roy just says when he is able to play. Its not like he just says to Hartley, "I'm the team leader so I'm going to play every game this season." Even just out of respect for Roy's career, Hartley will play him every game he is able to. Green light=he plays. Red light=he doesn't.

He isn't a young guy anymore. He may not have been able to handle the rigorous schedule for the Olympics. I don't agree with his decision either, but someone has to stick up for the guy's decisions.

DIIIIEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEIIIIIIIIEEEEEE EEE!!!!!!!!!!!

*stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish**stabs Swedish*

*feeds corpse to Gilbert Brown*

The_shad (Swedish=boob)
    Yeah, but with Roy dominating between the pipes, how are they gonna elevate a new goalie? I think Ouellet would be a great guy to sign... and he could learn a lot from Roy as well. They're both French, I'm guessing they would get along well, and they both play the same butterfly style of goaltending.

So... lemme get this straight... you don't agree with the guy's actions, and yet, you're sticking up for him?

*kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls*

Swedish Sensation (couldn't be arsed to seperate the quotes)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000th post in this thread!!!!

I think the Wings are looking very energetic. Why do you think they look like they are runnning out of gas?

The_shad (1000!!!)
    You stole my 1000th post!

I couldn't see the game, I was at work. So I will make generic comments. I believe Detroit outworked Carolina, and their veteran experience carried them to the win. Irbe stood on his head for Carolina, but they took too many costly penalties, which cost them the game..........yes...............

*hugs Raw*
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Detroit needs to fall in a hole somewhere. Preferably taking the Lakers with them

Mojorator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Leetah
    Detroit needs to fall in a hole somewhere. Preferably taking the Lakers with them
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yo swedish, as far as roy not "serving" our country, and there's no excuse..I say yeah there is.
    Spending some time with the family is good enough.
    Not knowing for sure if he'll start is good enough, and probably still being scared of a possible terrorist attack is another. I think that actually weighed in on his decision too.

Anyway, canada won outright, no need to dissect roy's personal decisions for not playing at the olympics.

As far as the series goes though, Detroit is still taking it, although I'm rooting for the canes..not cuz I like them, but cuz they've beaten the devils, who are good, the Habs, the greatest franchise in hockey, and then the leafs, the second biggest franchise in the game..and if they then beat not only the third best franchise to ever play the game, and the best team in the league right now, that would be a huge thing for hockey in carolina. Plus I hate chelios and hull, therefore I want the canes to win.

But detroit in 6.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Zen
    Yo swedish, as far as roy not "serving" our country, and there's no excuse..I say yeah there is.
    Not knowing for sure if he'll start is good enough, and probably still being scared of a possible terrorist attack is another. I think that actually weighed in on his decision too.
    I still think there's no excuse, after all that his country's given him. It's his duty to give back to the country.

He was born here, raised here, employed here, and made a name for himself here. He also owes a lot to his family though... you make a good point.

But he stated rest as a reason not to play. I'm not sure what I would've done in that situation. I may have done the same thing as him. But he could've just said "yeah, I need to spend time with my family." By saying "I need some rest," he's whining about his body.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, but with Roy dominating between the pipes, how are they gonna elevate a new goalie? I think Ouellet would be a great guy to sign... and he could learn a lot from Roy as well. They're both French, I'm guessing they would get along well, and they both play the same butterfly style of goaltending.

So... lemme get this straight... you don't agree with the guy's actions, and yet, you're sticking up for him?

*kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls* *kicks Shad in the balls*

Swedish Sensation (couldn't be arsed to seperate the quotes)
    How old is Ouellet? Just wondering. If he is older, he wouldn't be the way to go because by the time Roy retires, he might retire as well. I can't comment on him if he is young because I haven't seen him play with the butterfly. But if he can use it anyway like Roy can, bring him in.

I don't agree with Roy's actions involving the Olympics, but there might be an underlying reason that maybe, he'd rather not tell. 99% of the time, when athletes explain themselves, it is BS. They tell us all they are willing to say or what they think we want to hear or to get us to view them in a certain way. Take Tyson for example. He said he's gonna eat Lewis's children. He BIT Lewis. He bit Holyfield's ear. Is he like that in real life? Maybe, but not that extreme. He amplifies those qualities to get us to hate him. He's a heel. If we hate him enough, we will want to see him. hopefuly, get his ass kicked. But he hasn't gotten his ass kicked yet. So we keep buying the PPV in hopes of seeing the one where he does. He's an excelent promoter. He's as much of a showman as Ali himself, but he promotes himself in a different way. So always take what athletes say with a grain of salt. Roy may have thought that his words were what we wanted to hear, but it may not have been. And you guys won anyway, so no harm done.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Anger management. That wasn't very nice.

The_shad (Here's to Lewis, hopefully ending that unholy reign that Tyson has on the ring)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Kid_Roll

You stole my 1000th post!

I couldn't see the game, I was at work. So I will make generic comments. I believe Detroit outworked Carolina, and their veteran experience carried them to the win. Irbe stood on his head for Carolina, but they took too many costly penalties, which cost them the game..........yes...............
    *points and laughs*

I saw that there were 999 posts in this thread so I made a quick post to get 1000. Maybe 2000 for you?

Yea, their experience definately carried them to the win. If not for the shorthanded goal and the 2nd goal in a very short period, they wouldn't have won. And those goals, they tricked Carolina. They were able to catch them offguard. There was very little D on the Carolina side during both. Hats off to Detroit. They may not have outplayed Carolina, but you don't always have to outplay your foe to beat your foe. Very good. Here's a .

The_shad (This hasn't been the most energetic series though. It ranks just a little higher than Cows on Ice. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Leetah
    Resentment towards favorites, eh? Well, I wouldn't get your hopes up on the Lakers falling into a hole. Shaq wouldn't fit.

The_shad (But if I have to hear that ungodly rap one more time, I am going to shoot myself. Shaq, thank you for traumatizing me for the rest of my life)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Zen

Anyway, canada won outright, no need to dissect roy's personal decisions for not playing at the olympics.

As far as the series goes though, Detroit is still taking it, although I'm rooting for the canes..not cuz I like them, but cuz they've beaten the devils, who are good, the Habs, the greatest franchise in hockey, and then the leafs, the second biggest franchise in the game..and if they then beat not only the third best franchise to ever play the game, and the best team in the league right now, that would be a huge thing for hockey in carolina. Plus I hate chelios and hull, therefore I want the canes to win.

But detroit in 6.
    Yup, there were definately more issues than what he said. But I'm not sure about Roy being afraid of flying after 9/11. He was doing it for all that time before the Olympics and he could very easily drive to Utah if he wanted to, seeing as Colorado and Utah are right next to each other. But, yea, definately underlying issues.

I'm pretty nuetral in this series, even though it may look like I am VERY pro-Cane. On the Canes side, they have had a miraculous playoffs and are still not garnering any respect. On the wings side, there is Hasek. He is, by all means, a legend. But he never has been able to hold the cup. He was sooooooooooo close the year the Stars won it and if not for a goal that should not have counted, he might have one. Hasek is still that lonely Sabre in my eyes, but he deserves to have the cup once.

The_shad (We don't need another Marino, a legend never to take the biggest prize)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup, there were definately more issues than what he said. But I'm not sure about Roy being afraid of flying after 9/11. He was doing it for all that time before the Olympics and he could very easily drive to Utah if he wanted to, seeing as Colorado and Utah are right next to each other. But, yea, definately underlying issues.

The_shad (We don't need another Marino, a legend never to take the biggest prize)

I didn't really mean the flying over part..it's just that the event is HUGE and was in america..what a good place for a terrorist attack.
    I think that may have scared him a bit..but I'm just guessing.
    Thanks, ZEN!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Zen

I didn't really mean the flying over part..it's just that the event is HUGE and was in america..what a good place for a terrorist attack.
    I think that may have scared him a bit..but I'm just guessing.
    Oh, oh, oh. Now I see what you are getting at. Yea, that definately would be a factor to worry about. If Osama had the guts to take down 2 of the tallest buildings in the world, the USA's headquarters for all of their forms of military, and try to take out something else, I doubt he'd blink at taking out some of the best athletes from around the world. He has a grudge against the USA and taking out sport stars from around the globe on US soil, it'd be a great accomplishment for him. I personally wouldn't have been worried about that, but to each his own.

I think that ditching the All Star game is worse that ditching the Olympics, personally. The All Star game, you are voted in by the fans because they want to see you play. Olympics, you are picked by maybe one or 2 guys and you are not guaranteed much. I'd be much more offended if Roy ditched the All Star game, but he didn't.

The_shad (Maybe Roy doesn't like Gretzky or vice-versa and that is why Roy didn't go. I'm just throwing out ideas here)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How old is Ouellet? Just wondering. If he is older, he wouldn't be the way to go because by the time Roy retires, he might retire as well. I can't comment on him if he is young because I haven't seen him play with the butterfly. But if he can use it anyway like Roy can, bring him in.

I don't agree with Roy's actions involving the Olympics, but there might be an underlying reason that maybe, he'd rather not tell. 99% of the time, when athletes explain themselves, it is BS. They tell us all they are willing to say or what they think we want to hear or to get us to view them in a certain way. Take Tyson for example. He said he's gonna eat Lewis's children. He BIT Lewis. He bit Holyfield's ear. Is he like that in real life? Maybe, but not that extreme. He amplifies those qualities to get us to hate him. He's a heel. If we hate him enough, we will want to see him. hopefuly, get his ass kicked. But he hasn't gotten his ass kicked yet. So we keep buying the PPV in hopes of seeing the one where he does. He's an excelent promoter. He's as much of a showman as Ali himself, but he promotes himself in a different way. So always take what athletes say with a grain of salt. Roy may have thought that his words were what we wanted to hear, but it may not have been. And you guys won anyway, so no harm done.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Anger management. That wasn't very nice.

The_shad (Here's to Lewis, hopefully ending that unholy reign that Tyson has on the ring)
    Maxime is 20... soon to be 21. He's tall and skinny, so he can really get his arms and legs out and cut off the corners. But he has a bit of trouble with rebound control, and when he gets in trouble, he can't move very fast.

Maybe there's an underlying reason, but again, he should express that or he's open to all criticism. Tyson is a fuckface, whether he acts that way off-camera or not. I'm verbally abusive sometimes, but I never take cheap shots in that fashion. I'll slag somebody to no end, but never, will I say "I'm gonna eat your children." That's a low blow. We only see these guys on-camera... so that's the only tool we can use to judge them.

Swedish Sensation (here's to Tyson, who's gonna kick the fat fuck out of him anyways)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxime is 20... soon to be 21. He's tall and skinny, so he can really get his arms and legs out and cut off the corners. But he has a bit of trouble with rebound control, and when he gets in trouble, he can't move very fast.

Maybe there's an underlying reason, but again, he should express that or he's open to all criticism. Tyson is a fuckface, whether he acts that way off-camera or not. I'm verbally abusive sometimes, but I never take cheap shots in that fashion. I'll slag somebody to no end, but never, will I say "I'm gonna eat your children." That's a low blow. We only see these guys on-camera... so that's the only tool we can use to judge them.

Swedish Sensation (here's to Tyson, who's gonna kick the fat fuck out of him anyways)
    Sweet! He's REALLY young so that means by the time he's about 22-23, Roy most likely will be retired (If he retires after his contract runs out) and we will have a fresh goalie with Roy's influence. The Av's will be in great shape after Roy retires. WOOHOO!!! *realizes that Ouellet hasn't been signed by Av's* Damn you, Swedish!

Yea, he might want to express it, but, again, it could be some more private reason. Athletes have the right to privacy as well, you know. anyway, I'm not sure Roy really cares too much what the populous thinks about him. When all is said and done, he will be remembered as one of the best, regardless of people's opinion and he knows that. So, if he'd rather give a red herring of an answer to try to please us and it doesn't work, he can just accpet it and more onto his next game.

Yea, Tyson's a real peice of work. But he brings in the bucks because of it. Bad hype is better than no hype at all. EVERYONE hates the guy, so he's done his job. I'd never do what he does, but it is quite ingenious what he has done and I respect that. But I still am going to root for Lewis to knock his ass out! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The_shad (I'm gonna eat your children... with some BBQ sauce and a nice bottle of Brandy. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet! He's REALLY young so that means by the time he's about 22-23, Roy most likely will be retired (If he retires after his contract runs out) and we will have a fresh goalie with Roy's influence. The Av's will be in great shape after Roy retires. WOOHOO!!! *realizes that Ouellet hasn't been signed by Av's* Damn you, Swedish!

Yea, he might want to express it, but, again, it could be some more private reason. Athletes have the right to privacy as well, you know. anyway, I'm not sure Roy really cares too much what the populous thinks about him. When all is said and done, he will be remembered as one of the best, regardless of people's opinion and he knows that. So, if he'd rather give a red herring of an answer to try to please us and it doesn't work, he can just accpet it and more onto his next game.

Yea, Tyson's a real peice of work. But he brings in the bucks because of it. Bad hype is better than no hype at all. EVERYONE hates the guy, so he's done his job. I'd never do what he does, but it is quite ingenious what he has done and I respect that. But I still am going to root for Lewis to knock his ass out! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

The_shad (I'm gonna eat your children... with some BBQ sauce and a nice bottle of Brandy. )
    If he was just a bit shorter, he would have awesome reflexes... he would practically be the complete package. Most of the goals scored on him are on his gloveside. Roy's pretty good with his glove, so... ...hahaha, I'll stop getting you excited.

That's true. He's very focused. He probably doesn't entertain the media, because at the end of the day, he's got much better things to worry about. And that, I can respect.

Lewis is a cheeky bastard. Tyson may be a fuckface, but he's on top of his game, and I respect that. I wanna see Tyson won the title, and then Rahman beat him for it. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he was just a bit shorter, he would have awesome reflexes... he would practically be the complete package. Most of the goals scored on him are on his gloveside. Roy's pretty good with his glove, so... ...hahaha, I'll stop getting you excited.

That's true. He's very focused. He probably doesn't entertain the media, because at the end of the day, he's got much better things to worry about. And that, I can respect.

Lewis is a cheeky bastard. Tyson may be a fuckface, but he's on top of his game, and I respect that. I wanna see Tyson won the title, and then Rahman beat him for it. Haha.
    You are a true bastard, you know that, right? Well, IF the Av's were to pick him up, with Roy around, his problem area could be solved. Roy would be a great influence on the kid.

Indeed.

Yea, Lewis is cheeky, but he isn't as arrogant as Tyson. Tyson has predicted that he will knock Lewis out in 3. Lewis is the champ and Tyson says he will whoop him in 3? VERY arrogant. But Tyson could have some great matches if champ and they would be much more awaited than Lewis's. I think Holyfield and Rahman are fighting for the #1 contendership to the title as well, so we could have Tyson/ Holyfield III or Rahman/ Tyson, the match that never was. And that, my friend, totally reeks of awesomeness.

The_shad (Tyson/ Holyfield III- Heads will roll and ears will fall)

You stay classy Planet Earth Jason_HBK's Avatar
    HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roy was just upset that they didn't name him the number 1 goalie off the bat. I am glad he didn't get a medal.

On to the series Carolina played game 2 fucking stupid. They played the trap without a lead. How stupid is that. IMO they were trying to get to OT. But with all of the stuff at the end I can't wait for game 3.(I can't believe I am actually excited about this series. )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roy was just upset that they didn't name him the number 1 goalie off the bat. I am glad he didn't get a medal.

On to the series Carolina played game 2 fucking stupid. They played the trap without a lead. How stupid is that. IMO they were trying to get to OT. But with all of the stuff at the end I can't wait for game 3.(I can't believe I am actually excited about this series. )
    Yea, that might be part of it. In my opinion, I don't think Patrick Roy and Wayne Gretzky get along too well for some reason. Don't ask me why, just call it an instinct. But Greztky was unwilling to guarantee that Roy would be #1 (even though he probably would have anyway) and, combined with other factors, Roy declined. But I can't help thinking that those 2 would shoot each other if they were alone in the same room with 2 pistols.

Anyway, was there any doubt that it would be a great series? Na, seriously, this is great. No team has had the clear advantage as of far and Carolina has home ice advantage giving them one of their only edges in this series. Detroit is not dominating like everyone thought and now Detroit's path through the Cup is in Carolina. I can't help but think that Carolina's Home Ice advantage is going to be huge here. The fans almost sold out Game 2 in Carolina! All they were doing was watching the screen. I don't know too many places that will do that. So, Detroit has a dilema here. They NEED to take at least one in Carolina. If not, they are down 3-1 going back to Detroit where they KNOW Carolina can win. Then again, Carolina might need to win both. Carolina, when they have the momentum, are about as unstoppable as Detroit. If they can take both, they have that momentum and can finish it out. So, the question is, who will take 3 and/or 4?

The_shad (Sweet series! Beginning of this year, who would have thought that this would be the Stanley Cup Finals? And who would have thought that it would be interesting? And you weren't mentally disturbed (in layman's terms, crazy)?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, that might be part of it. In my opinion, I don't think Patrick Roy and Wayne Gretzky get along too well for some reason. Don't ask me why, just call it an instinct. But Greztky was unwilling to guarantee that Roy would be #1 (even though he probably would have anyway) and, combined with other factors, Roy declined. But I can't help thinking that those 2 would shoot each other if they were alone in the same room with 2 pistols.

Anyway, was there any doubt that it would be a great series? Na, seriously, this is great. No team has had the clear advantage as of far and Carolina has home ice advantage giving them one of their only edges in this series. Detroit is not dominating like everyone thought and now Detroit's path through the Cup is in Carolina. I can't help but think that Carolina's Home Ice advantage is going to be huge here. The fans almost sold out Game 2 in Carolina! All they were doing was watching the screen. I don't know too many places that will do that. So, Detroit has a dilema here. They NEED to take at least one in Carolina. If not, they are down 3-1 going back to Detroit where they KNOW Carolina can win. Then again, Carolina might need to win both. Carolina, when they have the momentum, are about as unstoppable as Detroit. If they can take both, they have that momentum and can finish it out. So, the question is, who will take 3 and/or 4?

The_shad (Sweet series! Beginning of this year, who would have thought that this would be the Stanley Cup Finals? And who would have thought that it would be interesting? And you weren't mentally disturbed (in layman's terms, crazy)?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...The fuck? You just posted that 4 times. What happened? The page didn't load, so you frantically hit the Submit button?

I think the reason no team has had the clear advantage in this series is because there's been so many penalty calls. Paul Maurice said it today in a press conference... half the game is played on special teams, and the other half is spent trying to stay on even strength. It's been up and down... 2 minutes of special teams, 2 minutes of even strength, 2 minutes of special teams, 2 minutes of even strength... and you can't really tell who's playing better right now. I know the refs are just doing their jobs, and maybe sending a message to the kids out there after all the penalties that were let go in the first three rounds, and trying to say "hey... as much as we've let this shit go, we're not condoning it, and it ain't right." But this isn't the fucking time to do it. They're ruining the finals in my opinion. The first two games have been okay... you don't really expect tough, physical play in the first two games between two teams that've never met before in the playoffs. But the refs better loosen up tonight, or this is gonna be a shitty series.

I thought when you said the fans almost sold out Game 2 in Carolina, that Game 2 was actually played in Carolina... I'm like "um... y'know, you're supposed to sell out for the playoffs." Carolina needs to win both. To get the Wings down, you gotta get 'em down early. If the 'Canes can take a stranglehold, that's the only chance they'll stand.

I think Detroit's late-season and early-playoff slump was good for them... because they hadn't had one all year, and they were flying high... then all of a sudden, just as they're entering the playoffs, they experience a setback. But once they've overcome that, they're even stronger than before... and they're not gonna get complacent anymore and sit back on a lead. So if the 'Canes give them a lead in the series, stick a fork in them.

I think the Wings are gonna take it in 5. I know... boring answer. But they're gonna keep this momentum, and I don't think the 'Canes can kick into high gear... the way they play, they're just too mechanical. They play their system and their play remains consistent throughout the year. They won't be able to slime up to the Wings' level.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...The fuck? You just posted that 4 times. What happened? The page didn't load, so you frantically hit the Submit button?

My computer is messed up. It always slows down about once every minute and it sends info multiple times sometimes. One time, I was emailing a friend and my computer froze. It filled my friend's inbox with the same 1 word message. "OK". He showed me it. There were about 1000 copies of it in his inbox, so be glad that this only did 4.

I think the reason no team has had the clear advantage in this series is because there's been so many penalty calls. Paul Maurice said it today in a press conference... half the game is played on special teams, and the other half is spent trying to stay on even strength. It's been up and down... 2 minutes of special teams, 2 minutes of even strength, 2 minutes of special teams, 2 minutes of even strength... and you can't really tell who's playing better right now. I know the refs are just doing their jobs, and maybe sending a message to the kids out there after all the penalties that were let go in the first three rounds, and trying to say "hey... as much as we've let this shit go, we're not condoning it, and it ain't right." But this isn't the fucking time to do it. They're ruining the finals in my opinion. The first two games have been okay... you don't really expect tough, physical play in the first two games between two teams that've never met before in the playoffs. But the refs better loosen up tonight, or this is gonna be a shitty series.

I thought when you said the fans almost sold out Game 2 in Carolina, that Game 2 was actually played in Carolina... I'm like "um... y'know, you're supposed to sell out for the playoffs." Carolina needs to win both. To get the Wings down, you gotta get 'em down early. If the 'Canes can take a stranglehold, that's the only chance they'll stand.

I think Detroit's late-season and early-playoff slump was good for them... because they hadn't had one all year, and they were flying high... then all of a sudden, just as they're entering the playoffs, they experience a setback. But once they've overcome that, they're even stronger than before... and they're not gonna get complacent anymore and sit back on a lead. So if the 'Canes give them a lead in the series, stick a fork in them.

I think the Wings are gonna take it in 5. I know... boring answer. But they're gonna keep this momentum, and I don't think the 'Canes can kick into high gear... the way they play, they're just too mechanical. They play their system and their play remains consistent throughout the year. They won't be able to slime up to the Wings' level.
    Well, weren't you complaining about they need to call things more when a few of your Leafs went down? You get what you ask for. Personally, I think the penalties are great. It puts the game on more of an edge.

Nope, Game 2 in Detroit and Carolina almost sold out.

I wouldn't think too much of their slump. At the end of the season, they rested players, so of course they won't win those. Then the players were trying to get a handle of things. They hadn't played under pressure in a long time. And you never know, even if Detroit gets a lead, Carolina hasn't followed a script this year, so maybe they might win the next game and tie it. You can NEVER count a team out until the other guy wins 4.

In 5? That's gonna be hard. Especially because 2 of Detroit's goals last game were off errors from Carolina. The D didn't get back fast enough. If it does go 5, I expect something to crumble Carolina. An injury or a suspension. I don't see why this series won't go 7, personally.

The_shad (I hope this doesn't get posted 4 times)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My computer is messed up. It always slows down about once every minute and it sends info multiple times sometimes. One time, I was emailing a friend and my computer froze. It filled my friend's inbox with the same 1 word message. "OK". He showed me it. There were about 1000 copies of it in his inbox, so be glad that this only did 4.

Well, weren't you complaining about they need to call things more when a few of your Leafs went down? You get what you ask for. Personally, I think the penalties are great. It puts the game on more of an edge.

Nope, Game 2 in Detroit and Carolina almost sold out.

I wouldn't think too much of their slump. At the end of the season, they rested players, so of course they won't win those. Then the players were trying to get a handle of things. They hadn't played under pressure in a long time. And you never know, even if Detroit gets a lead, Carolina hasn't followed a script this year, so maybe they might win the next game and tie it. You can NEVER count a team out until the other guy wins 4.

In 5? That's gonna be hard. Especially because 2 of Detroit's goals last game were off errors from Carolina. The D didn't get back fast enough. If it does go 5, I expect something to crumble Carolina. An injury or a suspension. I don't see why this series won't go 7, personally.

The_shad (I hope this doesn't get posted 4 times)
    Whoa... you should probably edit the first three of those posts, and then just keep the last one. The reason it didn't send 1,000 times is probably 'cause the message was pretty big. If it wasn't... if it was like, just one line... it would've probably sent 200 times. That's weird though. Your computer has like, spasms or something.

I never complained when any of my Leafs went down... you gotta take the good with the bad... and at the end of the day, there was more good, because we got rid of that fucker Michael Pecker. I think teams should be allowed to play dirty within a certain limit in the playoffs... which has happened so far, now the dirty shower of bastards change the pace in the final round. This would be the best time to play physically. Everybody is tired as fuck, and it would be interesting to see how players cope. Plus... when everyone plays dirty, there's always a few who persevere through the pain and continue to play just as well. Gary Roberts comes to mind, Shayne Corson comes to mind, Bryan McCabe comes to mind... ...all Leafs of course.

They rested players, but then they started the playoffs, and they couldn't find their groove again. If you're gonna rest players towards the end of the season, rest them a little earlier... say mid-March, and give them a good five games to sit out. Then they can find their groove again by the end of the season, they're healthy, they're not tired, and they're firing on all cylinders going into the playoffs.

I think Carolina will crumble, unless something special happens. They've never had this kind of pressure on them all year... this is the part where they need active leadership. Ron Francis is a silent leader... all the other guys just do their part, play the system, nothing special. They're gonna have to do something special here. They're gonna have to shake it up.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Detroit will win it before seven. Maybe five, maybe six. Maybe four. But Detroit will win. It always takes them a few games to adapt to the team they are playing.

And as for Roy, he withdrew from the Olympics after Gretzky didn't name among the first eight. Then all the goalie controversy started and there were rumors of him not being the #1 man which pissed him off I bet. Then it escalated and turned into "well we don't even know who the three goalies are yet" with no indications being given that Roy would get in. I think that upset him and he just said to hell with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the Wings score it will be Lidstrom or Shanahan, if the Canes score it will be O'Neill or Brindamour.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't call shit penalities in OT. Stupid refs.
    Last edited by Kid_Roll; June 9th, 2002 at 12:19 AM.

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the busiest days of my life tomorrow, and this game is going into its 3rd overtime .

Oh well...

Oh, and it's been a looooooooooong time since I posted in this thread... For those curious, I'm going for the Canes for the simple fact that Hasek is one of the biggest idiots this game has ever seen.

Ever.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Indeed. Hasek pisses me off a lot. The dives, the blatent net knock-offs, the constant leavings of the crease. He's an idiot.

He doesn't think. However, he is extremely lucky. Rarely is he caught when he screws up handling the puck. Lucky bastard

Triple overtime...Jeeeez.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, what a game! Detroit earned every bit of that win. But I find it incredible who scored the winner. Igor Larionov. The oldest guy on the ice and he scores the game winner. Man, I have some real respect for that guy. He did the one thing no one expected, score the game winnner. Is Vince Russo booking this?

Well, now on to game 4. Carolina loses, they are finished. Carolina wins, it turns into a 3 game series. It's going to be interesting to see how Carolina responds and how able the Wings will be able to keep this lead. Damn, Carolina doesn't look like they are going to win this, but at least they showed that they weren't going to be the pushovers that everyone said. I doubt many other teams could have lasted as long as the Canes. Wow, this is the game of the series so far.

The_shad (Igor Larionov- 41 years old and still had enough energy to score the game winner)

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh God, did you see that fake Hasek did halfway through the third OT ... He had his legs up over his head... I'm sure he just wanted to get anal-raped... He's down for at least 2 minutes, the trainre comes out, and he dives right back up.

I hope he retires this year.

With no cup.

total fucking darkness fear is the mindkiller's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you a Colorado fan?

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, Roy is just as annoying.

I'm a Canucks fan.

The Blue Note
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God..The game was great..I could only see OT's though..Damn, who was the guy that was spitting out blood..Swwweet

Other thing..We Hate Hasek! WHH...Such a frickin faker.
    Last edited by Play The Game; June 9th, 2002 at 4:54 PM.

St. Louis Rules!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasek does dive a lot, but he still has a shitload of hardware in his trophyroom. I have always liked him, he is one of the hardest goalies to beat on the breakaway. He carried Buffalo for so many years and won a gold medal for the Czech republic. Granted, he does dive a lot, but he is European and played soccer when growing up, it's in his blood. Even if a knee going 10 miles per hour seems like a truck slamming into the side of him.......

Anyhow, I hate the dives but I like the saves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Psychosport2000
    . However, he is extremely lucky. Rarely is he caught when he screws up handling the puck. Lucky bastard

Luck doesn't win you Vezina's. Unless your name is Jim Carrey. Otherwise, [cool talk] Hasek has mad skillz boy. [/cool talk]

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still say wings in 5. what a game saturday

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a lot of Hasek hate in here. You guys hate him more than I do and I am programmed to hate him. Actually, I like the guy. I find it very hard to dislike this guy, after all that he has been through. He's never been on a really sucessful team (until now) and still put up legendary stats. He's like the John Elway of hockey, I think. He has done so much, but never had the chance to win it all until late in his career. He finally has his chance to win it all now, but he has to go through Caroliona to get it.

The_shad (But it looks as if Carolina is about dead. They put up a good fight, better than 95% of the NHL thought they would, but after tonight, it looks like it'll be time for Detroit's curtain call)

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never been a Hasek fan, And even though he is wearing the winged wheel I am still not his biggest fan. I miss Ozzie but this is the sure thing with HAsek. But I do enjoy watching him skate out of the net after a Detroit goal. it is hilarious. I can't wait till the end of their 4th win to see his reaction

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Luck.

He probably deserved the Vezinas, but the fact that he completely botches his 'plays' behind the net and his defence bails him out is lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nope. Luck.

He probably deserved the Vezina's, but the fact that he completely botches his 'play's behind the net and his defence bails him out is lucky.
    You suck.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy shit you replied to that fast

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol. Hasek just robbed Cole with the "lucky" pokecheck. ha!

Yay, non-trap hockey, it is so weird to see!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.

Hasek just took my post, crumpled it up, and shoved it up my ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow.

That sounds exciting, and needless to say I am extremely jealous.

Thank you for your time.

-Joel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Yoel

That sounds exciting, and needless to say I am extremely jealous.

Thank you for your time.

-Joel

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brett hull = conn smythe

IMO

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    goodnight Carolina- Shanny has arrived in the series

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe I am wrong, conn smythe should go to Domink-- come on- 6 shutouts in one playoff year, and right now he has not let a goal in in over 127 minutes!!!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think the Conn Smythe should go to Nicklas Lidstrom. He is so damn underrated and has been flat out awesome this whole playoffs.

I don't want Hasek to win it so if Nick doesn't, let it be Yzerman.

Jobber
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, Detroit beats Carolina to move the series to 3-1. I think it'll be Carolina winning the next one and losing it at home... Atleast Carolina fans get to see the Cup hoisted in their building.

The Joel
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasek shouldn't win anything.

Ever.

Anywho... I'm disappointed... I want the 'Canes to win . They're clearly the Cinderella story of these playoffs... And after so much heart they've shown... It would just suck if they lost it all now.

But, kudos to Detroit... They have some excellent players. .

But Wings fans (cough Rajah cough)... Just remember - it ain't over yet .

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How can you say he shouldn't win anything. After a playoff run (that is not over yet) with 6 shutouts? that is unbelievable

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Originally posted by Yoel
    Hasek shouldn't win anything.

Ever.

Anywho... I'm disappointed... I want the 'Canes to win . They're clearly the Cinderella story of these playoffs... And after so much heart they've shown... It would just suck if they lost it all now.

Yes, but remember that the clock does strike twelve sooner or later.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Originally posted by sickofyouall
    How can you say he shouldn't win anything. After a playoff run (that is not over yet) with 6 shutouts? that is unbelievable
    Not to take anything away from Hasek, but for a goalie to win the Conn Smythe trophy in my opinion, he has to be dominant while stealing several games for his team. Hasek has been good but I think the six shutouts weren't all his doing - Detroit's team defense is so strong that he only faces around 20 shots per game. That's why I think Lidstrom deserves it.

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Rajah

Yes, but remember that the clock does strike twelve sooner or later.
    you are the man

I enjoy every segment
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lidstrom has played a strong playoff year.

I would love for Hull to get it.
    Since I share his name.
    But I could honestly care less as long as Detroit holds lord stanley up

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Yup, me too. As long as Detroit wins the Stanley Cup, I could care less who wins the Conn Smythe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup, me too. As long as Detroit wins the Stanley Cup, I could care less who wins the Conn Smythe.
    Weren't you saying that the cup didn't really matter much to you now since the Wings beat the Av's a little while ago? Please say yes so I don't have to search through all this thread, looking for it.

Well, the Wings have pretty much won it all. They have all the steam and barring a miracle for Carolina (which they seem to be out of), Hasek gets his first cup and possibly the greatest team ever wins the cup. Carolina lost pretty much all chance of winning it after Larionov scored that beauty in OT last game. Well, it was fun while it lasted. Now, if you excuse me, I have to go back to making sure none of this funky yellow air gets into my house. Forest fires=

The_shad (*steals your wallet*)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    All I said was that that this final wasn't as interesting and almost a letdown after Colorado/Detroit, which I viewed as the "real" showdown for the Stanley Cup. But with that said, it's not like I'm all of a sudden gonna not want Detroit to win. I still want them to win no matter who they play or what the circumstances are.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aha, gotcha. *looks through thread to make sure* Right.

The_shad (Damn forest fires. 40,000 people have been evacuated from SW Denver so far. I guess I underestimated these things. *breathes through gas mask*)

I'm A Nymphomaniac! Reeks of Awesomeness's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey...look it may be Detroit in 5...you heard it from me first at *cheap pop* www.hockeyinformer.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Reeks of Awesomeness
    Hey...look it may be Detroit in 5...you heard it from me first at *cheap pop* www.hockeyinformer.com
    And all those other clones, right? Jeez, all you guys said "Detroit in 5" and Rajah didn't even bother picking.

*bodychecks Reeks*

*steals Reeks' wallet and money back*

Its not over until I say its over.

The_shad (Only one guy had the guts to pick something different. Too bad it was me. )

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I was too lazy to write up a prediction, but I swear I had Detroit in five too. Ask my brother.

I never pick sweeps just cause they aren't that common and your prediction can go down the drain after game one, which is never nice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was too lazy to write up a prediction, but I swear I had Detroit in five too. Ask my brother.

I never pick sweeps just cause they aren't that common and your prediction can go down the drain after game one, which is never nice.
    Na, Sawan won't vouch for ya. He still pissed about the incesant taunting after Game 7 vs. Colorado.

Well, I'm in a pickle now. Do I try to write a tribute to Dominik Hasek again (hopefully barring a computer freeze and mass delete of it all like last night) or wait until the Wings win and do a retrospect. Its very depressing to see 4 hours of work go down the drain.

The_shad (*steals Swedish Sensation's wallet* *takes out money* *gives wallet back* )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent my money on the hooker..so nahhh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Reeks of Awesomeness
    I spent my money on the hooker..so nahhh
    I WAS the hooker. Bwahahahahahahaha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't you wondering why the hooker never wanted the lights turned on and strangely sounded like Fat Albert?

The_shad (Hey, Hey, Hey!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Weren't you wondering why the hooker never wanted the lights turned on and strangely sounded like Fat Albert?

The_shad (Hey, Hey, Hey!)
    Your bad joke killed the thread.

Discussion: I went to the season tickets address of the state, where Burke and Crawford talked all about what they planned on doing next year. Burke said that this years draft would have no impact players. Bouwmester he thought would be good one day, but no impact players would come out of it. So, my question is, why are there so little impact players coming out of the drafts now? Or are there? Kovalchuk and Heatly are the first two young guys to really start on fire, like in a Selanne type way, so I was just wondering what you people think about the drafts. Why are there no more super rookies, or not as much as there used to be. Is it because of all the expansion teams? I for one miss the old days when the rookies would be amazing, like Kovalchuk, instead of like the Sedins and Vinnie Leclavier, or Joe Thornton, who will one day become good or have become good, but not right away. So, what do you think? Is it just a pattern type thing? Will one day there be super rookies every year? I think it is because the talent is needed so much with all the watering down of talent that has been happening, that people that wouldnt have been taken in the first round years ago, are getting snapped up. So now teams are taking any chance they can get at getting solid talent that they take people before they are ready. Anyhoo, back to work I go.

You stay classy Planet Earth Jason_HBK's Avatar
    HA! That's so funny I forgot to laugh... excluding that first Ha
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Discussion: I went to the season tickets address of the state, where Burke and Crawford talked all about what they planned on doing next year. Burke said that this years draft would have no impact players. Bouwmester he thought would be good one day, but no impact players would come out of it. So, my question is, why are there so little impact players coming out of the drafts now? Or are there? Kovalchuk and Heatly are the first two young guys to really start on fire, like in a Selanne type way, so I was just wondering what you people think about the drafts. Why are there no more super rookies, or not as much as there used to be. Is it because of all the expansion teams? I for one miss the old days when the rookies would be amazing, like Kovalchuk, instead of like the Sedins and Vinnie Leclavier, or Joe Thornton, who will one day become good or have become good, but not right away. So, what do you think? Is it just a pattern type thing? Will one day there be super rookies every year? I think it is because the talent is needed so much with all the watering down of talent that has been happening, that people that wouldnt have been taken in the first round years ago, are getting snapped up. So now teams are taking any chance they can get at getting solid talent that they take people before they are ready. Anyhoo, back to work I go.
    I think it's because you are comparing them to guys years ago. Lets face it, NHL 2002 players are better than the players of yesteryear. Tougher? I think not. But definately more skilled. It is harder for players to make a big impact because the level of play is so high. If the rookies had come in 10 or 15 years ago they would probably be at the top of the league. I may be wrong but thats how I see it.

I think I am sick, Bob Cole's play by play is haunting my dreams. I think I got a little to into the Leafs playoff run this year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Come on, it wasn't that bad.

As of now, they are saying that there are no real impact players coming out of the draft. But there is always at least one wild card that will have an impact. And he probably will be a lower pick since he wouldn't be one that they are necissarily looking at as a guy who screams "IMPACT". But you never know, they might be giving too little credit to the #1 pick. But I think that there will definately be one that makes an imediate impact on the game or at least a team.

And Jason, you think you have it bad? I have the Colorado announcers coming up to me and screamin, "6 goals let up by Patrick Roy!" in my dreams. Tonight, I am falling asleep with a rather large stick in hopes of it coming into my dream.

The_shad (I am sooooo going to beat his ass if he shows up tonight)

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Let me just stick my nose in here and say that Brian Boucher got traded today! If anyone remembers, he's my favorite NHL goalie. I want to see him as a #1 goalie but there's no way he's supplanting Burke next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting the Boucher is in Pheonix now though......I mean, Burke can't be too happy about that. Boucher is touted as a future number one guy, I just don't know how long Pheonix will want to wait......They could trade Burke for more youth or picks and go the totaly youth buildup movement that Vancouver did and other teams before have.......Cause unless they think they can win the cup right now, they should deal Burke while he still has great value. Only if they think Boucher can be a number one guy, which I don't think he can be yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, it's finally over. Stupid Cup final not involving Vancouver. And Slegr's name should be taken off that cup. Doesn't deserve it.

Why is Shanahan talking like they weren't favorites to win the cup?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good, it's finally over. Stupid Cup final not involving Vancouver. And Slegr's name should be taken off that cup. Doesn't deserve it.
    A little bitter about this years finals, eh? Well, I couldn't have written it better myself. Carolina, the miracle club vs. Detroit, the dominant club. Sure, it could have been a lot closer, but it wasn't as bad of a series as the stats show. Well, I enjoyed it, but I can't speak for you guys. But I really can't see the conn Smythe going to anyone other than Hasek. 6 shutouts this playoff year and if not for him, the Wings may not have even made it this far. Well, congratulations Red Wings, 2002 Stanley Cup Champions. You earned it. But I'll be damned if we let you do it next year.

The_shad (But why isn't Larionov's name even being thrown out. He has scored the critical goal in 3 of these games vs. Carolina. O well, he wouldn't stand much of a chance against Hasek, methinks)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lidstrom? Boooourns.

Oh my god, please don't ever play that song when bringing out the cup. ever.
    Last edited by Kid_Roll; June 13th, 2002 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I'll be damned. Lindstrom got it. Makes sense in a way though. He scored many critical goals this playoff year and is part of the reason that Hasek got so many shutouts. But still, if you get 1.5 time the old record in shutouts, wouldn't that warrant a little more recognition? Meh, congrats Lindstrom, 1st European Conn Smythe Winner.

EDIT: Boooourns! Classic.

EDIT (again, damn you K_R): "Woop, there it is"? What do you have against "Woop, there it is"? I'm fine with it as long as they don't play it during the closing credits. And please, don't edit again.
    Last edited by The_shad; June 13th, 2002 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I think the Conn Smythe should go to Nicklas Lidstrom. He is so damn underrated and has been flat out awesome this whole playoffs.

I don't want Hasek to win it so if Nick doesn't, let it be Yzerman.
    Just thought I'd draw attention to that post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hasek getting the cup makes me happy at least. He seems happy to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

*plots* "Should I kick his ass now or wait until he sleeps?"

Well, I'm off to calculate something. Be back in 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelios holding the cup, bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chelios holding the cup, bad.
    Indeed.

But I just realized something. The guy doing the voiceovers for the cup finals, I think he's Keifer Sutherland. He plays the main guy on the show 24. That's interesting.

EDIT: I feel gypt. No ending credits=

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeez, its the biggest day in hockey and you guys leave so early?

Anyway, Bowman is retiring. It makes sense and I'm happy for him and the Av's now. He got to retire in excelence with his Stanley Cup and we don't have to put up with him anymore. I remember hating Bowman with a passion after some game, but I respect his greatness. Here's to Bowman, Retiring on Top.

The_shad (Why, Am I speasking Like This All Of A Sudden)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rajah, stop being an attention whore. ...Well, I guess you can do that on your own website, can't you?

I'm glad he won it... it's about time he got recgonition. He's probably the best underrated defenceman in the league.

It was so nice to see Bowman hold the Cup. Man, when Stevie gave it to him... that was a gesture. I wanna see him stick around and get 10... but if he retires, well, I guess his legacy is complete now... he smiled.

I can't believe it took them so damn long to give Lidstrom the Cup... everyone got it before him... even Olausson did. What a besmirchment.

Oh well. Congrats, Rajah.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Thank you, thank you. "Attention whore" is my middle name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you, thank you. "Attention whore" is my middle name.
    I thought it was *realizes he doesn't know Rajah's middle name* *lies* Sam. So now we can call you Rajah Attention Whore Kumar? Sweet, I'm gonna do that.

The_shad ("Birdie wants a hotdog?" *realizes that no one will probably get the reference* Late Show- David Letterman )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, red wings win the cup..kinda sucky eh?

Anyway, on to more important matters. I keep hearing people say how Bowman now can go down as the best coach ever..that may be true, but I'll always say Toe Blake was better.
    Think about it..he won 8 cups in only 13 years.
    And yes, he built his team to win those cups in that time span.
    Bowman landed...and I mean landed, on all these all-star teams..obviously his best team ever being the 76-77 canadiens, but he got the penguins as well..the red wings..both those teams were already stocked at the time..I'm just thinking if blake coached longer, he'd be known more than bowman.
    Although I will admit bowman did well with the teams when he had them, it's just that he landed on all of them. He never really starts off with any of them.
    It isn't hard to coach an all-star team to the top of the league.

Stanley Cop championships:

Montreal-23
    Toronto-13
    Detroit-10
    Boston-5
    Edmonton-5
    Islanders-4
    Rangers-4
    Ottawa-4
    Chicago-3
    New Jersey-2
    Philadelphia-2
    Pittsburgh-2
    Colorado-2
    Dallas-1
    Calgary-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the 'Canes won the Cup... it would've been better for hockey. The Wings have been shoved down our throats for a year, and people are already sick of them... and I'm sure there's a lot more to come... and the last fucking thing we need is for them to become the LA Lakers of the NHL. We also have some new competition in the upper echelon, which is good... just look at the final eight this year...

Toronto, Ottawa
    Montreal, Carolina
    Detroit, St. Louis
    Colorado, San Jose

Last year... San Jose wasn't there, Carolina wasn't there, Ottawa wasn't there, Montreal wasn't there. The two most dominant teams are in the Western Conference, as proven by the Western finals... those were the real finals, just like the Kings vs. Lakers in the NBA. Whoa... I think I'm making too many basketball analogies tonight.

But um... the Eastern Conference is shaping up to be real interesting next year. We have new life, and I'm sure next year, we'll see some more injection of life into the big picture. If CuJo is lost... as much as I'm gonna cry... it'll be better for the East, 'cause then the Leafs drop, and another team comes up and takes their place.

Bowman landed on a huge payroll and about 10 all-stars. Homegrown teams are the way to go. Teams like Carolina, teams like Colorado... now Colorado's had more than one coach as of late, so you can't really pinpoint anybody there... but Maurice in Carolina. I think he's gonna be very successful in the years to come. Quinn is also a damn good coach... he sure has trouble getting his teams there, but it's hard for a team with less than like... a $100 million payroll, to get over the hump... when you've got teams like Detroit and Colorado and what not. But he turned around the 'Nucks and Leafs very quickly, and has brought both of them pretty damn close to a Cup. With relatively low payroll.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish the 'Canes won the Cup... it would've been better for hockey. The Wings have been shoved down our throats for a year, and people are already sick of them... and I'm sure there's a lot more to come... and the last fucking thing we need is for them to become the LA Lakers of the NHL. We also have some new competition in the upper echelon, which is good... just look at the final eight this year...

Toronto, Ottawa
    Montreal, Carolina
    Detroit, St. Louis
    Colorado, San Jose

Last year... San Jose wasn't there, Carolina wasn't there, Ottawa wasn't there, Montreal wasn't there. The two most dominant teams are in the Western Conference, as proven by the Western finals... those were the real finals, just like the Kings vs. Lakers in the NBA. Whoa... I think I'm making too many basketball analogies tonight.

But um... the Eastern Conference is shaping up to be real interesting next year. We have new life, and I'm sure next year, we'll see some more injection of life into the big picture. If CuJo is lost... as much as I'm gonna cry... it'll be better for the East, 'cause then the Leafs drop, and another team comes up and takes their place.

Bowman landed on a huge payroll and about 10 all-stars. Homegrown teams are the way to go. Teams like Carolina, teams like Colorado... now Colorado's had more than one coach as of late, so you can't really pinpoint anybody there... but Maurice in Carolina. I think he's gonna be very successful in the years to come. Quinn is also a damn good coach... he sure has trouble getting his teams there, but it's hard for a team with less than like... a $100 million payroll, to get over the hump... when you've got teams like Detroit and Colorado and what not. But he turned around the 'Nucks and Leafs very quickly, and has brought both of them pretty damn close to a Cup. With relatively low payroll.
    Did you read my article or what? Cause if ya did, you are violating copyrights. Grrrrrrrrrrrr And add Detroit as one of the teams not in the final 8 last year.

I don't really think anyone new really has to step up in the Leafs place next year though. We've already had many new Eastern teams this year and if no one really drops from that part, but a few rise, that'll be much more beneficial and competitive.

And don't say that Colorado isan't homegrown just because we've had 2 coaches. Laquiox makes all of our decisions and he's done damn well. In fact, Hartley worked in a factory in around 1995 or 6, so he's practically homegrown. But Carolina has done something very good. They didn't even have an above average payroll this season, so it brings up the fact that the big corparate teams hate, fear, and despise. You do better raising your talant up rather than buying it on the market. Chemistry is everything and even though the Canes got crushed, they still proved a point.

The_shad (And if you say "no" to my above statement, look at the Washington Redskins. I rest my case)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you read my article or what? Cause if ya did, you are violating copyrights. Grrrrrrrrrrrr And add Detroit as one of the teams not in the final 8 last year.

I don't really think anyone new really has to step up in the Leafs place next year though. We've already had many new Eastern teams this year and if no one really drops from that part, but a few rise, that'll be much more beneficial and competitive.

And don't say that Colorado isan't homegrown just because we've had 2 coaches. Laquiox makes all of our decisions and he's done damn well. In fact, Hartley worked in a factory in around 1995 or 6, so he's practically homegrown. But Carolina has done something very good. They didn't even have an above average payroll this season, so it brings up the fact that the big corparate teams hate, fear, and despise. You do better raising your talant up rather than buying it on the market. Chemistry is everything and even though the Canes got crushed, they still proved a point.

The_shad (And if you say "no" to my above statement, look at the Washington Redskins. I rest my case)
    No, I didn't know you wrote an article... it's on Rajah's site, right? I mean, um... Rajah's other site... it doesn't deserve to be referred to simply as "Rajah's site." Makes it sound like... important or some shit.

Well, if the Leafs lose CuJo, they're definitely gonna fall... we're not gonna necessarily have a team rise up to take their spot, but the Leafs will just drop, and then someone will inherit their spot. Doesn't really make the conference anymore interesting... if you look at it that way.

It has nothing to do with the coaches you've had... I'm just saying that you can't pinpoint one coach who's built the team, and made it what it is today... 'cause you have Suckit, Foreskin, and Foot from the Nordick days... then there's Hejduk, Tanguay, and the guys who were recently drafted.

Yeah, and if you look at how they've (they = 'Canes) drafted, they've drafted 8 guys in the last 8 years who are now pivotal to the team's success. They were showing this on The Score up here. And even then, they lose... just goes to show... it's a fucking business now. No longer a sport. It's all about the money.

The Redskins... um ...have an ugly logo? *shrugs* I dunno a lot about the NFL.
    Last edited by Swedish Sensation; June 15th, 2002 at 2:04 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I didn't know you wrote an article... it's on Rajah's site, right? I mean, um... Rajah's other site... it doesn't deserve to be referred to simply as "Rajah's site." Makes it sound like... important or some shit.

Reeks of Awesomeness will kick your ass for that. Me? I'm just gonna *WHACK* you. Hopefully, SHE doesn't visit this thread.

Well, if the Leafs lose CuJo, they're definitely gonna fall... we're not gonna necessarily have a team rise up to take their spot, but the Leafs will just drop, and then someone will inherit their spot. Doesn't really make the conference anymore interesting... if you look at it that way.

That's why we need it the other way. Duh.

It has nothing to do with the coaches you've had... I'm just saying that you can't pinpoint one coach who's built the team, and made it what it is today... 'cause you have Suckit, Foreskin, and Foot from the Nordick days... then there's Hejduk, Tanguay, and the guys who were recently drafted.

But the coaches didn't really build the team. It was Pierre Laquiox, our GM. He got the best of the best in the drafts and he got the guy that he knew could click. Really, greatness has been forced onto our coaches with little effort.

Yeah, and if you look at how they've drafted, they've drafted 8 guys in the last 8 years who are now pivotal to the team's success. They were showing this on The Score up here. And even then, they lose... just goes to show... it's a fucking business now. No longer a sport. It's all about the money.

They lost, but it was closer than the series shows. If it were the Av's, the Canes woulda won.

The Redskins... um ...have an ugly logo? *shrugs* I dunno a lot about the NFL.
    The Skins have had the highest payroll in the NFL for 2 straight year and they have gone 3-13 and 8-8 in those 2 years. And the latter was a lot of luck with a 5 game winning streak after starting 0-5.

The_shad (I could tutor you in all the NFL in less than 2 days time)