Results 19,201 to 19,300 of 19688

Thread: NBA Thread

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by _me View Post

But I do think that it will become a large talking point in the media if the Lakers or Clippers lose early.
    If the Clippers lose, I think it'll be a note for a bit but people will blow up because that means Luka is going to be seen going into a higher stratosphere.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    If the Clippers lose, I think it'll be a note for a bit but people will blow up because that means Luka is going to be seen going into a higher stratosphere.
    Good point. The "IS LUKA THE NEXT MJ" talk would over power everything else.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The Wolves moved up in the lottery for the first time ever. In the 5 minutes of research I've done, Anthony Edwards seems to be a better pick for the team over LaMelo Ball.

If the Suns hadn't gone 8-0 in the bubble, this could be a huge chip to send in a Booker deal. I don't know if he is unhappy now that the team showed promise.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wiseman on the Warriors with a returning Klay and Steph would be scary

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Chicago could finally get their PG if the picks fall the way I think they might.

They could have a fun offense

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    So other than the artificial advantage that they choose give to the higher seed in literally every series, it is even?

Why not play the Finals on a neutral court like the NFL and NCAA do? Because they want to reward the best team with an advantage. In fact, they used to just rotate it (east vs west) and specifically changed it in 2014 to give the advantage to the better team.

• Of the 73 NBA champions, 71 of them were either a No. 1 seed (49), a No. 2 seed (16) or a No. 3 seed (6).
    I really don't think that's true..

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Percussion View Post
    I really don't think that's true..
    You are right. That was MLB that just changed it. My bad.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Yeah I don't think anyone is. My main point is, it would be very hard for me to label a team's championship with an asterisk.
    A strong case could be made for the Astros though.

But back to the NBA, yea it is just foolish

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the only thing I'll say, and they talked about this on Pardon My Take, is that it won't feel like a real title because there won't be fans in the arena, there likely won't be a parade, there won't be people at bars. it will be a "less than" championship in that sense, because the celebration will be muted. but as far as the players on the court and their legacy, as long as covid doesn't infect the players, the season pause and re-start doesn't change anything. the league did it right with the bubble.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    the only thing I'll say, and they talked about this on Pardon My Take, is that it won't feel like a real title because there won't be fans in the arena, there likely won't be a parade, there won't be people at bars. it will be a "less than" championship in that sense, because the celebration will be muted. but as far as the players on the court and their legacy, as long as covid doesn't infect the players, the season pause and re-start doesn't change anything. the league did it right with the bubble.
    I think we've seen enough of society to see that people will act an ass if their team won a championship lol. It just won't be structured, set under a schedule, or formal. And looking from the perspective of the players, it certainly doesn't look like they're playing differently.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think the Covid era champions of 2020 will be remembered as absolute heroes.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 40 point triple double for Luka against Kawhi and PG

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This Mavs/Clips game is something else

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A 40 point triple double for Luka against Kawhi and PG
    Third playoff game ever, 21 years old, on a bad ankle.

Unless he's severely injured for the rest of his career, this will be the WORST he is as a player...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Luka's making a stellar case for 'player you'd pick to build a team from scratch with'..

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Luka's making a stellar case for 'player you'd pick to build a team from scratch with'..
    He's making pennies for the next couple of seasons. KP is already locked into a deal, AND they're going to have a max slot waiting for them if they want to structure it BEFORE Luka gets an extension. There's going to be a wide array of options for them.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    He's making pennies for the next couple of seasons. KP is already locked into a deal, AND they're going to have a max slot waiting for them if they want to structure it BEFORE Luka gets an extension. There's going to be a wide array of options for them.
    I could've worded that better..

I meant this debate.. What If… You Were Building An NBA Team From Scratch? Ranking The Current Top-25 Players To Choose From

For years this was of course LeBron, then for a minute it was maybe either Durant or Steph, the last season or so it's been Kawhi or Giannis..

Just saying, Luka's stealing a lot more of those votes heading into 2021..

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LAAAAAAAKERS

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understand what that sort of protest would accomplish but the problem is that it’s a 7 game series so if you boycott game one and the series ends up tied 3-3 wouldn’t the game just need to be rescheduled like a game 8? In that sense I don’t think it makes perfect sense, but otherwise a walk out like that on a national stage would be powerful

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw woj tweet that the bucks haven’t come out of the locker room yet for the game about to start. That would be more apt since they’re the Wisconsin team. I hope they do it. Don’t come out.

They can win the series even if they forfeit this one.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The sad thing is this game happens not to be on a major network (it’s on NBATV). Dang, this would be such a big moment if this was on TNT right now (or especially if it was a prime time TNT game)

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like the game isn’t happening. Good on you Milwaukee for standing up to this bullshit

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I understand what that sort of protest would accomplish but the problem is that it’s a 7 game series so if you boycott game one and the series ends up tied 3-3 wouldn’t the game just need to be rescheduled like a game 8? In that sense I don’t think it makes perfect sense, but otherwise a walk out like that on a national stage would be powerful
    Clue me in please, honestly, what does it accomplish?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clue me in please, honestly, what does it accomplish?
    A shitload of awareness and attention to shooting of Jacob Blake and the Black Lives Matter movement. Pressure on the powers that be to make systemic changes. A general statement that if there's another police shooting of an unarmed black man then you might not get to watch your favorite professional sports team play.

NBA players can't draft new legislation regarding police funding and training but they can use their platform to bring the story to the forefront of the American pulse.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    A shitload of awareness and attention to shooting of Jacob Blake and the Black Lives Matter movement. Pressure on the powers that be to make systemic changes. A general statement that if there's another police shooting of an unarmed black man then you might not get to watch your favorite professional sports team play.

NBA players can't draft new legislation regarding police funding and training but they can use their platform to bring the story to the forefront of the American pulse.
    I think that's overstating a basketball game not happening, but jmo.

It would be incredible if police violence were to subside dramatically, but I don't see what systematic changes take place because the Bucks don't play.

I hope this has some kind of positive result, but like I said, I just don't see how the dots are connected.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It would be incredible if police violence were to subside dramatically, but I don't see what systematic changes take place because the Bucks don't play.

I hope this has some kind of positive result, but like I said, I just don't see how the dots are connected.
    I think that is a pretty dismissive attitude to have about protests in general. how do you think oppressed people are supposed to make change? just wait patiently?

btw the Bucks are currently attempting to reach the attorney general of Wisconsin from their locker room

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houston/OKC doing the same thing

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that is a pretty dismissive attitude to have about protests in general. how do you think oppressed people are supposed to make change? just wait patiently?

btw the Bucks are currently attempting to reach the attorney general of Wisconsin from their locker room
    I tend to agree with Fro. This is part of a chapter of a story that's going to be told for a long time, so it may not have ramifications now but the players are certainly hoping it makes an impact going down the road.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives

I'm just being honest about not getting the connection. Like I said, the endgame.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just being honest about not getting the connection. Like I said, the endgame.
    Well, a lot of people are about to tune into games and they're not there so they're going to ask why. It's about getting the discussion going because it's clearly not working as it is currently situated. Players are just as upset as others about what's going on in the world and they're responding as best as they can to get their message across.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do you feel that way about the entirety of the black lives matter movement and protests or just this one part of it?

I think it's fair to say that protests should have specific goals, such as specific reform measures or specific actions like the arresting of the officers who shot Jacob Blake, because otherwise the protests can end up getting headlines but not accomplishing a lot. if that's what you're saying then that's fair enough (and I guess my response would be, give them a minute to figure that out) but if you're just not seeing how NBA players boycotting playoff games helps the movement in general, then I disagree.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now all games are postponed today

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    do you feel that way about the entirety of the black lives matter movement and protests or just this one part of it?

I think it's fair to say that protests should have specific goals, such as specific reform measures or specific actions like the arresting of the officers who shot Jacob Blake, because otherwise the protests can end up getting headlines but not accomplishing a lot. if that's what you're saying then that's fair enough (and I guess my response would be, give them a minute to figure that out) but if you're just not seeing how NBA players boycotting playoff games helps the movement in general, then I disagree.
    Of course the latter is what I'm saying. I thought it was fairly obvious.

But if you question anything about blm etc then you're an uncaring racist, as your first question seemed to imply.

I just asked a fair question or two.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    Ownership might have an issue on their hands if they're thinking a rescheduling of these games is going to be easy or a smooth process.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    I don’t know what they are planning and this thought might be wrong for various logistical reasons but I feel like the most powerful way they could do this would be to come out to the court, kneel for the anthem, and then walk off the court live on TNT rather than postponing the games in advance.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course the latter is what I'm saying. I thought it was fairly obvious.

But if you question anything about blm etc then you're an uncaring racist, as your first question seemed to imply.

I just asked a fair question or two.
    I don't think it was obvious. You were saying pretty generally that you don't see how the Bucks protest helps change anything. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying that you might have meant it only helps if they clearly state specific changes they want to occur but you didn’t really mention that yourself, even though you say it was obvious.

Now that you may have heard the bucks statement do you still feel their protest is useless? Just wondering, not trying to crucify you here.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just curious, how do you think their boycotting of their NBA playoff game will benefit the movement?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamstar View Post
    Just curious, how do you think their boycotting of their NBA playoff game will benefit the movement?
    Maybe it gets people in power to actually talk and actually listen?

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Its not an NBA issue. As an employer, it appears that the NBA is a pretty good one.

Whatever these men choose to do, I support them 100%. They dont have a regular job. These are hugely influential atheletes and media stars and the decision to break the NBA CBA would have to come with full support from ownership and League. Very unlikely. Many billions at stake. Many amazing inner city programs that help young black Americans and all of it is funded by league revenue. I would be surprised to the players go rogue and just holdout. That would likely create a scenario with no 2021 season.

Its not a labor issue. They must use the platform to make nightly presentations.

Lots of these guys made huge sacrifices to get this far. Huge. I think they play on. I hope they play on.

I am not actually sure what I think makes the most sense. If they say "fuck it" and stop playing, I will be there on day 1 when the time is right.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Where LBJ goes the NBA goes. Nike too. Not sure how canceling games in Lebrons final years maximizes the agenda.

Im watching how Marc Cuban handles all this. He is a great NBA Owner and possible future US Presidential candidate.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I don't think it was obvious. You were saying pretty generally that you don't see how the Bucks protest helps change anything. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt by saying that you might have meant it only helps if they clearly state specific changes they want to occur but you didn’t really mention that yourself, even though you say it was obvious.

Now that you may have heard the bucks statement do you still feel their protest is useless? Just wondering, not trying to crucify you here.
    I didn't say it was necessarily useless. I didn't even use the word useless. I just said I didn't know. I didn't even say that I thought they were wrong. I just said I didn't know. The nerve of me nowadays though. You took my simple question and inserted 'useless' and assumed my attitude about protests at large, which I've never spoken ill of.

And i don't think their statement was all that much honestly. It was a guilty verdict for Jacob Blake's shooter, which there absolutely needs to be justice for but that isn't how justice is supposed to work. But it really just ambiguously said things need to change, and people need to vote. And those things are very important but I'm still just curious how these dots of change all get connected, that's all.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamstar View Post
    I think the boycott in itself brings attention to the issue, makes news, causes a disturbance and puts pressure on government agencies to make changes (similar to how a protest march of civilians applies pressure by causing a disturbance). So maybe the cop who shot Jacob Blake will be arrested. Maybe the announcement yesterday that the FBI has opened an investigation into the shooting was a result of the NBA boycott (idk, but the timing sure made it look like that).

And the second piece involves the NBA as an organization and collection of owners. The players are pressuring the owners to take further action. The owners are a collection of businessmen who might account for $350 billion in combined wealth (huge guess on my part there) and could, if they choose, have more direct influence on legislators. The league can do more, through whatever initiatives and programs they decide upon, and the owners themselves have sway. I get that the owners might not do anything like that, but it's a thought. A guy like Steve Ballmer can help the cause from a position of financial power.

It's like if Tom Cruise walked off the set of Mission Impossible 9 because he was upset with systematic oppression and police violence you might say well that doesn't make sense since Universal Studios isn't killing black people, but Cruise's voice has power, plus he has the personal leverage to make his employer, a multinational conglomerate, take action. (Don't ask me why that comparison came into my head lol).

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It felt a little weird when Kenny walked off and Shaq and Charles were left there with EJ. Would have been cool if they all walked out, including Ernie. There was no game anyway.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    So just a question here. Let's say evidence comes out this guy was in fact holding a knife and using it with intent on the officers before he reached into his van to get a loaded gun. This would give the cops justification for shooting him.

How do you think this would affect the NBA?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virmicious View Post
    So just a question here. Let's say evidence comes out this guy was in fact holding a knife and using it with intent on the officers before he reached into his van to get a loaded gun. This would give the cops justification for shooting him.

How do you think this would affect the NBA?
    I don't think it would affect the NBA which has already planned to re-start games this weekend. It's very unlikely Blake had a gun or else that info would have been released already but they say there was a knife recovered from the driver's side floor of the car.

But yea generally speaking, this case is a bit more complicated than past ones in that the video is missing a lot of what happened and we're still waiting on details. It is possible that more details will lean towards the justification of lethal force, in which case protests about Blake would be softened.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOCONUT View Post
    It felt a little weird when Kenny walked off and Shaq and Charles were left there with EJ. Would have been cool if they all walked out, including Ernie. There was no game anyway.
    I think they were a little upset to be honest. Right before that, Barkley was talking about the Bucks boycotting and how they should have informed the Magic prior to it and minutes after that Kenny basically does the same thing. I think Shaq and Charles support what he did, but would like to have been informed that he was going to leave.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say it was necessarily useless. I didn't even use the word useless. I just said I didn't know. I didn't even say that I thought they were wrong. I just said I didn't know. The nerve of me nowadays though. You took my simple question and inserted 'useless' and assumed my attitude about protests at large, which I've never spoken ill of.

And i don't think their statement was all that much honestly. It was a guilty verdict for Jacob Blake's shooter, which there absolutely needs to be justice for but that isn't how justice is supposed to work. But it really just ambiguously said things need to change, and people need to vote. And those things are very important but I'm still just curious how these dots of change all get connected, that's all.
    Here is more to potentially resolve your dot connection curiosity
    https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...990591488?s=21

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    That's pretty nice.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I just learned today that Rod Strickland never once made an all-star team. This is genuinely bananas to me.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Celtics came out to play.

Shooting lights out. I was worried this could happen. Game and series aren't over. But maybe there was something to all the victories they had in the regular season. Who'd have thought.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great win last night by the Celtics. Marcus Smart hitting those 5 consecutive 3's in the 4th quarter was amazing.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    No

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Only kidding. God was it frustrating to watch.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught the end of the Heat-Bucks game live, last 2 minutes or so. Glad I did. I may watch more playoff basketball.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    hithit

Things aren't looking great for an ECF rematch.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nash as the Head Coach of the Nets. Bold strategy.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He was a consultant with the Warriors while Durant was there, so I'm sure that helps. He also was crazy smart on the court, so I could see it wokring. I could also see this turning into Jason Kidd 2.0

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TimeSplitter View Post
    He was a consultant with the Warriors while Durant was there, so I'm sure that helps. He also was crazy smart on the court, so I could see it wokring. I could also see this turning into Jason Kidd 2.0
    There's plenty of upside, but I probably wouldn't be enthused at the notion of having a daily relationship with Irving. I guess that's the price of being a coach there and having KD.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gut punch of an ending last night with the Raptors hitting the game winning 3 on an inbound with .5 seconds on the clock. Yuck.

As long as we don't lose this series it'll be forgotten.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That is true. But for now, let's hope that turns the series around.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    hithit

Things aren't looking great for an ECF rematch.
    No, no they are not. Heat is looking really good. If it ends up being Boston/Miami that could be a really interesting series.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im pulling for miami/toronto cause fuck boston and let jimmy avenge the game 7 quad doink from last year and then go face the clippers in the final and put away kawhi for his ring.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1 down 3 to go

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Gutsy performance. Maybe now that Bud sees what can happen if a player of his goes beyond 40 minutes, it might happen a few more times.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Gutsy performance. Maybe now that Bud sees what can happen if a player of his goes beyond 40 minutes, it might happen a few more times.
    Yea, he seems hell bent on guys not playing that much.
    Hopefully Giannis can get back to play on Tuesday

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LAAAAAAAKERS

We’ll be fine

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THE ADULT IN THE ROOM.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What a sport basketball is.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullocks. Game 7 friday.

This is not a big deal but I can't for the life of me theorize why the Celtics/Raptors are getting the late game Friday (9PM eastern) while they're putting on Nuggets/Clippers before them (at 6:30 eastern which is 3:30PM west coast time). Normally it's the eastern game that goes first, why flip it this time? Sucks for clippers and nuggets fans who aren't out of work at 4pm

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's clearly for TV ratings. Far more of the country cares about the Celtics

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Well it's more that it's a Game 7 and nothing is more important than a Game 7. I wish it was the earlier time though as well.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Go Boston!

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    You cut me deep HB.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Holy cow the Celtics are probably kicking themselves for losing game 3 right about now. They probably should've won last night if they just make one stop. If not for that, this could've been over 3 games ago. Even if they win, they put themselves through hell while the Heat are resting.

Game 6 was probably the game of the year.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Clippers somehow blew it. Incredible. Nuggets come back and win back to back series down 3-1. 6-0 in elimination games.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Clippers somehow blew it. Incredible. Nuggets come back and win back to back series down 3-1. 6-0 in elimination games.
    And they ended up dominating the Clips despite being down 7 in the 3rd.

This team could push the Lakers.

Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seems like it will come down to Murray going off. He has been so hot it could happen but it feels like he will need multiple 40 games this series too.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Paul George is going to be thrown through the trash compactor in an even worse way now. He's going from "well, he can't be your top guy if you're a contender" to "well, he can't be your second-best guy if you're a contender." Bru-tal.

Clock is ticking loudly for them now because those guys can be gone after next season, and the Clippers well have not a single first-round pick until 2026 and just be dust.

Meanwhile, OKC looks good. They got a shit-ton of first-round picks and still made the playoffs.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems like it will come down to Murray going off. He has been so hot it could happen but it feels like he will need multiple 40 games this series too.
    If they can utilize Jokic in a similar way that he was this game, it could be difficult for the Lakers. Though AD will definitely be a tougher match up than any big the Clippers tried to bring out.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lakers in 5.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Back to back games where they had the nugs totally put away early and Denver just wouldn't die. You could actually see the body language on the clips. It was saying "please. Go away already."

But they just wouldn't. And then tonight. Clips got fucking owned.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; September 16th, 2020 at 5:09 AM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fucking shit can't believe the Celtics blew that. Great block but the heartbreak comes from blowing a 14 point 4th quarter lead and a 5 point lead with 1 minute left. Inexcusable. It shouldn't have gone to OT.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Celtics in early trouble lol

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top 5 for MVP Voting:

Giannis
    LeBron
    Harden
    Luka
    Kawhi

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    In what order would you take them if you were starting a franchise from scratch tomorrow..?

I'm going..

Luka
    Kawhi
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Harden

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In what order would you take them if you were starting a franchise from scratch tomorrow..?

I'm going..

Luka
    Kawhi
    Giannis
    LeBron
    Harden
    yep.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Only reason I would put Kawhi below Giannis is because of the concern about his knees and just how true that degenerative knee thing is.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If you were starting a franchise tomorrow, only Luka or Giannis would even be in the conversation. Other bros too old.

Lakers in 5.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Luka should be 2nd or possibly winning it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LOCONUT View Post
    If you were starting a franchise tomorrow, only Luka or Giannis would even be in the conversation. Other bros too old.

Lakers in 5.
    LAAAAAAAKEEEEEEERS

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Anthony Davis with the buzzer beater. Love it. Hopefully it takes some spark out of this Nuggets team. These are fiesty bastards.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They fell behind 3-1 twice leading up to this so I doubt this takes the wind out of their sails. They just might not have enough to combat the Lakers.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the celtics are alive

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be amazing if it was Lakers and Celtics in the finals. Problem is the Celtics have to win two more straight against a good Miami team to make that happen. We shall see if they can win tonight in a couple of hours.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the celtics are alive
    Not anymore.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)