Page 51 of 51 FirstFirst ... 414748495051
Results 5,001 to 5,055 of 5055

Thread: NCAA Football

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    It's an incredibly lame take. It literally comes across as someone who's never really payed attention to sports.

It's a rivalry game. These games aren't played on a playstation, they're real people with real motivations and on- and off-field distractions. Things fluctuate and find their way back to the mean and fluctuate again.

Colorado was supposed to come out super fired up because of the cheesy insult but CSU actually showed up with more bite which isn't all that surprising really. Meanwhile Colorado came out flat and lost their best player early which didn't help their motivation. But games are played to completion and by the end of the 4th quarter they turned the tide and persevered did what they ultimately were supposed to do. And I think in the end it made for a super fun story all things considered.

Those stories within stories are what makes sports so fantastic.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Can’t wait for the Buffs to get dummied at Oregon and vs USC…
    One down…

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Notre Dame is out due to shitty coaching.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One down…
    Congrats, you and 90% of people picked the winner.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    The jealousy towards Sanders is out of this wolrd funny..

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The guy has brought attention to Colorado football. When's the last time anyone can say they were successful? Doubters will be hate-watching every Colorado game celebrating a loss while raising questions about the sustainability of any short term success. His being their coach doesn't interest me any more or less in the sport.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Not sure how many of y'all saw after the OSU-ND game the Lou Holtz call out by Ryan Day..

Likewise don't know how many of y'all may have seen the response from Holtz on the McAfee show, but if you didn't it's worth checking out..

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Ohio State didn't win that game, Notre Dame lost it. They almost lost against Duke too, but they at least got through it.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice bounce back win for Ole Miss against LSU. My heart stopped a few times though.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The 11th Commandment: Thou Shall Not Lose to USC. Louisville shit the bed. Washington and Oregon should be playoff teams. Alabama can barely win at home against Arkansas

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Iowa is so bad on offense.

Had 200 rushing yards and still didn't get 250 total yards.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Iowa vs MN is a 31.5. Thats crazy low.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am shocked Michigan did something wrong.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What are realistic expectations from Colorado? Six wins and a bowl game? Eight wins, tops?
    Turns out I was a little optimistic, but 4-8 is still a feather in the cap for Coach Prime.

What does Deion do this off-season? A move to the higher profile Big-12, Travis Hunter will be back, hopefully Shadeur returns and Deion can make waves with the recruiting trail/transfer portal.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    How is 4-8 a feather in anyone's cap??? He's defense has failed on almost every level. He has come off like a jackass to most of college football. The only people saying he should go to Texas A&M are his buddies in the media or people who want to see the state of Texas go broke by paying stupid money on stupid meaningless sports with tax payer dollars. If I had the unfortunate experience of living in Texas, I would ban Texas A&M football for ten years. What a giant waste of money that firing was. As for Deion, he has name value and that is about it, because he has no value being a college football coach.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    He took a one-win team, absolutely gutted the roster and coaching staff, generated massive publicity for the program and added a few wins to the record.

I want to see what he can do with a full recruiting season, headed into the houses in the football-crazy South with the selling point that Colorado is now in the Big-12.

If Shadeur returns, I feel like a Colorado bowl game in 2024 is a very real possibility.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If I’m a BCS voter, submitting the following after week 13:

1) Georgia
    2) Michigan
    3) Washington
    4) Florida
    5) Ohio State
    6) Oregon
    7) Texas
    8) Alabama

Cheering for Iowa and Louisville next weekend. Team Chaos!!!

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I have no seen nothing this year from Georgia to put them number one. Washington to me if they beat Oregon is the number one seed. They have beaten multiple top teams while Michigan has beaten two. Bama may luck their way into this thing, but if they do Gregoria is out. You cannot have a 100th ranked schedule and be a legit contender. Florida State has a good enough defense to beat Louisville and they seem to be destined to be that 4th seed. Tbf Ohio State's big win is at Notre Dame who is 9-3 and if they didn't play the same dumb ass preventive defense that killed War Eagle this week, Ohio State is a 10-2 team. So, I am throwing at the bottom for choking three years in a row.

1. Washington
    2. Michigan
    3. Washington
    4. Florida State
    5. Oregon
    6. Texas
    7. Alabama
    8. Ohio State

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    I have no seen nothing this year from Georgia to put them number one. Washington to me if they beat Oregon is the number one seed. They have beaten multiple top teams while Michigan has beaten two. Bama may luck their way into this thing, but if they do Gregoria is out. You cannot have a 100th ranked schedule and be a legit contender. Florida State has a good enough defense to beat Louisville and they seem to be destined to be that 4th seed. Tbf Ohio State's big win is at Notre Dame who is 9-3 and if they didn't play the same dumb ass preventive defense that killed War Eagle this week, Ohio State is a 10-2 team. So, I am throwing at the bottom for choking three years in a row.

1. Washington
    2. Michigan
    3. Washington
    4. Florida State
    5. Oregon
    6. Texas
    7. Alabama
    8. Ohio State
    Washington up there twice, bold move

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Washington up there twice, bold move
    We will see how it plays out, Cotton.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    It appears that, a couple upsets withstanding, this coming weekend has the final four pretty fairly in focus.

- Georgia/Alabama is a defacto playoff entry game. Hate it or not if Alabama wins the SEC by beating the no. 1 team in the country they're leapfrogging enough to get in.

- Michigan is a win and get in of course, and exceedingly unlikely they don't get it done.

- Washington/Oregon is another defacto playoff entry game. Washington's pov is obvious, but just too big a game so late in the season to not punch Oregon's card with a win.

So that leaves 1 spot seemingly up for grabs..

If Florida St. beats Louisville they appear all but officially in that spot. The argument against is obviously losing their MVP point-man QB, but the only remaining undefeated power 5 team is hard to argue against.

Now, should any upsets occur we're looking at all kinds of super fun CFB nonsense..

Can Texas break through as Big-12 champs?
    Can Georgia still make it as a 1-loss team with a crazy razor-thin loss in the SEC title game?
    Can OSU sneak their way back in if more than one upset takes place this weekend?

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I agree with you on a couple points:
    -the winners of the SEC and PAC-12 title games are in
    -if Michigan wins, they’re in

I think if Georgia loses by less than a score, the voters have enough of an SEC hard-on that they put the Bulldogs at 4 over an undefeated FSU (particularly now that Jordan Travis is done).

Texas/OSU will need losses from both Michigan (not likely) and Florida State (pick ‘em) to sniff the playoff; I feel the Buckeyes have the inner track on the Longhorns.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Winner of SEC title game is in. If Bama wins, UGA makes it unless they are blown out.

Michigan is in if they win.

Oregon/Washington Winner should be in.

4th should likely be Florida St. Ohio St is hoping for a Georgia and Iowa win.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Washington and Oregon should fight forever. Even if Washington lost, I would want them in as the only other one lose team. Georgia's resume this season is that of a high school dropout.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Georgia will be in as they should be unless they get boat raced which is highly unlikely

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Congrats Washington, best of luck in the CFP.

RIP to the PAC-12, a massive fuck you to the suits that killed it.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Georgia will be in as they should be unless they get boat raced which is highly unlikely
    Georgia has a 100th toughest schedule in the country. IF they do beaten Bama which is looking less likely now, why should they go ahead of Texas who has won their conference, beat the team Georgia couldn't beat at Bama and has faced a tougher schedule. This Georgia team is resting on their laurels from the last two years.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Georgia, I did not think you would trip up like that…

Washington is in; so long as Michigan and Florida State hold serve, they’re in. I’d have to put Texas, by virtue of their BIG-12 championship and win over Alabama, at 4.

But I would not be surprised if the voters succumbed to their SEC/Nick Saban bias and put Alabama at 4…

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    My CFP vote:

1. Michigan
    2. Washington
    3. Florida State
    4. Texas

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    1. Washington (Won't happen even though they played the toughest opponent last night and in the best Conference in the US)
    2. Michigan
    3. Florida State
    4. Texas

If they somehow keep Texas out of this thing and throw Bama in, I am not sure what the hell the point is of actually playing these games. If they throw Florida State out then FSU should refuse to go to Bowl Games and remain undefeated.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    But I would not be surprised if the voters succumbed to their SEC/Nick Saban bias and put Alabama at 4…
    They actually did it…

Dear Washington, take care of business.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    I think this column sums it up pretty perfectly..

CFP Anger Index: Unpacking the outrage of Florida State's snub

In the olden days, we had a beauty contest. The top team in the nation was decided entirely by the voters.

Then we moved to a better system, one determined in part by computers but one that allowed the top two teams to decide it on the field.

Then we moved to a four-team playoff, and the whole point was to eliminate the hypotheticals and let a champion be crowned by the actual results on the field. If you won your games, you had a chance to win a national title.

Turns out, all of that was a charade. None of it mattered. The games are pointless. What happens on the field is less important than what a committee thinks might happen in a future matchup.

It is an absolute slap in the face to every player who has ever put on a helmet, laced up cleats and marched onto the field to battle for a victory, because a bunch of folks in a conference room in Texas decided their sacrifice was not as important as the Las Vegas line on a potential playoff matchup.

It's a joke.

Yes, Florida State is without starting QB Jordan Travis, meaning it would have to play with a quarterback who wasn't its opening-week starter in order to win a national title, and of course that couldn't happen. After all, only 2014 Ohio State, 2017 Alabama, 2018 Clemson and 2021 Georgia did that. What are the odds that something that's happened 44% of the time would happen again?

And sure, FSU's passing game was a mess in the ACC championship game. No argument there. Funny thing though: FSU won its title game by more than Alabama did. In fact, FSU has won its past two games by more than Alabama has. And since Travis got hurt in Week 12 against North Alabama, the Seminoles have thrown for just 8 fewer yards than Michigan has in that same stretch, but there was no debate about Michigan.

Oh, and this is probably irrelevant in the face of such a poor quarterback performance against Louisville, but there's also the small matter that the QB who started that game, Brock Glenn, wouldn't be the QB starting a playoff game (since Tate Rodemaker would be out of concussion protocol by then).

The committee cared about one stat when making this decision: FSU's 55 passing yards against Louisville.

Here are the stats it ignored: Seven sacks, 14 tackles for loss, 10 passes defended, 189 rushing yards against a stacked box, a 10-point win over a top-15 team with a QB making his first career start.

Let's be real about what happened here: The committee members couldn't leave the SEC out of the playoff. They didn't care that Alabama needed a miracle to avoid a loss to 6-6 Auburn two weeks ago. They didn't care that Georgia's own injuries -- playing with a banged-up Ladd McConkey and Brock Bowers -- likely played a large part in why the Tide won Saturday. They didn't care that the ACC has a winning record, head-to-head, against the SEC this season. They didn't care that Alabama beat 2023 Georgia, not 2021 or 2022 Georgia. They cared that Alabama and the SEC had to have a spot in the playoff by birthright. And as a result, they sent a message that what happened on the field -- the blood, tears and sacrifice that players made all season to win every game on their schedule -- was less important than getting the most compelling TV matchup.

But hey, there'll be a 12-team playoff next year, so all is forgiven, right?

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I love the SEC and all but FSU should have been in there.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    And to be fair I'm not one of these weirdo SEC haters who can't admit that generally speaking it's the most talented, highest rated overall conference in the country. It just is, and that's ok.

But this year in particular it was down a notch while the race to the CFP was more wide open than it's ever been.

This was the year of all years to have the excuse to not give the SEC the benefit of the doubt, and they just couldn't help themselves.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The play off should have always been more than 4 teams. I like a 8 team format. I think 12 will be fine but I think 8 would have been fine as well.

It just kills me that they are literally using the fact that FSU lost their starting QB as a reason to not include them when other teams have won national championships with back up quarterbacks .

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    My Heisman vote:

1) Penix Jr.
    2) Daniels
    3) Nix

Video game numbers are great, but leading your team to an undefeated season/conference title/CFP spot are better.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    He doesn't play defense. And neither does Penix.

In LSU's 3 losses they gave up 45, 55, and 42 points. They scored 34 a game in those three, while he accounted for 326 passing ypg, 109 rushing ypg, and 9 total TD's (against the - at the time - 8th, 20th, and 8th ranked teams in the country who would go on to be the current number 5, 11, and 4 teams). I don't know what more you want a dude to do.

And it's not an MVP award, it's simply the most outstanding player.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The Heisman being the QB trophy now is sorta ridiculous. There are a bunch of Defense of guys who make as much impact on the field than the Offense.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    The play off should have always been more than 4 teams. I like a 8 team format. I think 12 will be fine but I think 8 would have been fine as well.

It just kills me that they are literally using the fact that FSU lost their starting QB as a reason to not include them when other teams have won national championships with back up quarterbacks .
    Ohio State won with their third string. Someone also brought up the fact the ACC has beaten the SEC in match ups this year and no one seem to bring that up. FSU should schedule Kentucky next year to kill them if the story about Kentucky's AD being one of the big reasons Bama got in.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ohio State won with their third string. Someone also brought up the fact the ACC has beaten the SEC in match ups this year and no one seem to bring that up. FSU should schedule Kentucky next year to kill them if the story about Kentucky's AD being one of the big reasons Bama got in.
    FSU beat LSU and Florida.

Georgia Tech lost to Ole Miss and Georgia

Not sure what the other match ups were of ACC vs SEC but FSU did beat two SEC opponents this year and LSU was not a bad team

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh yeah I saw a tweet that said amazing how on top of overlooking FSU getting into the playoff they are suddenly better than Georgia who was number 1 like all year.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    The Heisman being the QB trophy now is sorta ridiculous. There are a bunch of Defense of guys who make as much impact on the field than the Offense.
    No there fuckin aren't.

Name 'em.

Hell, this is shaping up to be a historically low draft for defensive players in the 1st round. So who are alllll these defensive guys who make just as much impact as Penix, Daniels, or Nix?

Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    FSU beat LSU and Florida.

Georgia Tech lost to Ole Miss and Georgia

Not sure what the other match ups were of ACC vs SEC but FSU did beat two SEC opponents this year and LSU was not a bad team
    Here's the conference vs conference breakdown with a full listing of games played..

https://topdan.com/college-football-...ords/2023.html

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So who you have winning the Heisman? I think Daniels should win it.
    Little piece of trivia, John Heisman is buried in my hometown of Rhinelander, WI

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Good for FSU just saying fuck it to the Bowl Game. Let Georgia have this meaningless bowl in. I still think Bama will win this thing as a way to prove the committee was right all along even though they were not.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    FSU should have been in but if you are going to leave them out Georgia should have been in over Bama despite the head to head. Georgia number one team all year and loses to the number 7 team or whatever Bama was by 3 and they drop to 6. Whatever. Despite winning the SEC Georgia or FSU should have been in there over Bama

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives
    Good for FSU just saying fuck it to the Bowl Game. Let Georgia have this meaningless bowl in. I still think Bama will win this thing as a way to prove the committee was right all along even though they were not.
    I'm not sure it's as simple as they just said fuck the orange bowl, and I say that as an FSU fan. They got their asses handed to them and that will forever be the record of this year's orange bowl, it is what it is. But there's more context to it than that.

They had several dudes opt-out simply by virtue of entering the transfer portal. That in and of itself is just a growing norm in the game. They've also had dudes in the meantime look to commit to join the squad through the portal for next season at the same time. It's just the new age of college football 'free agency'.

They had quite a few dudes opt-out looking forward to the draft who almost certainly would've played had they been in the playoff. This is also a new normal in college football. If you've got 1st/2nd round picks on your squad and you're playing the Dollar Tree bowl don't expect them dudes to be there with their millions on the line.. and I don't at all fault them for that.

And then the perfect storm came with the CFP snub, which caused a couple extra guys to decide for one reason or another to move on and raised the total number to something pretty unreal.

With Jordan Travis, Trey Benson, Keon Coleman, Johnny Wilson, Jaheim Bell, Jared Verse, Fabian Lovett, Akeem Dent, DJ Lundy, etc available and ready to go I'm certain this game takes on a different look than the sad ass 63-3 we got. They'd still likely be the underdogs by a bit, but I believe it's certainly a worthwhile game.

And so ultimately I don't feel like the team as a whole said fuck it. Had they gone 12-1 and been rightfully knocked out of the playoff picture and invited to an ordinary bowl game they likely would've had nearly as many opt-outs, they just would've done so against Wisconsin or Utah instead of Georgia.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Bama is OUT! Well...the SEC got what they wanted and now are the first ones out. Credit to both teams as this was a hard fought game, but Bama let Michigan hang around too much and I am not sure even if the QB tripped if he was going to get in on 4th Down.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    A really good day, highlighted by the extremely competitive semifinal matchups. Go Huskies.

Extremely heartbreaking that we might see a PAC-12 team win the national title but no conference the following season. Fucking suits…

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to root against the twice-in-the-same-season-suspends-their-coach-for-cheating-team.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I have to root against the twice-in-the-same-season-suspends-their-coach-for-cheating-team.
    Yep. Jim Harbaugh is a piece-of-shit.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Go Huskies!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So the cheaters won. Meh.

Can't wait until bigger playoff next year. Ole Miss should be involved in it. Most key guys are coming back except our top running back but Kiffen is the king of the portal.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Kalen DeBoer to Alabama, I hate it but I totally understand it.

What an amazing career trajectory…