User Tag List

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: NCAA Football

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, only one more test left this year for ND. And it's next week vs. a strong FSU team. If ND plays like they did against AF, they will get killed. BUT, if ND wins, they deserve a BCS bowl, and possibly the Fiesta.

I'll still go with my prediction. Miami vs. ND in the Fiesta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah.

I see Miami losing to Virginia Tech in December.

Oklahoma v. VT would be more appropriate.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well my Ole Miss Rebels got their asses handed to them yesterday. Alabama is truly a tough team to beat at home and well a tough team for Ole Miss to beat period. 5-2 and 2-1 in the SEC is still good for now though but tough games ahead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Anarchy Bunny

I see Miami losing to Virginia Tech in December.

I see VT choking somewhere before Miami.

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, can I just say one thing I HATE FUCKING TOMMY TUBERVILLE! MTR y'all can have his ass back at Ole Miss! That mf is the reason we didn't beat Florida yesterday! We had that damn game won and we would have won if Jason Campbell had been the quarterback the whole time! Everybody knows that Daniel Cobb sucks, so why but that idiot in? Oh and why go for when your on Florida's 10 yardline? Maybe the team didn't play up to par, but dammit, it all goes back to coaching and TT sucks! I hope they fire his ass after this year! I can't take this shit anymore! I mean I love my boys, win or lose, always will, but damn please get us someone who can coach right! What an idiot! Oh and yeah, Alabama won, dammit! Ole Miss couldn't hold them. Damn Alabama, I hope those sucky Vols gets them. ND won too, lucky bastards. Kentucky won and I love that! Fat ass Lorenz is a great qb! God, I hope we beat LSU next week! WAR FUCKING EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After the dsimantling they gave ISU, I can't see Oklahoma losing the rest of the way. Ditto Miami. Notre Dame will probably stay undefeated, but I think the Fiesta Bowl will be Oklahoma versus Miami.

And VT in the Fiesta would be a disgrace to college football. When you play two games a year, and one of them is against Marshall, you do not deserve to play for the title. At least Miami recognizes how piss poor the Big East is with a tough non-conference scheduel. Then again, if you can trick people into thinking you are good without really doing anything, more power to you. I just hope VT doesn't get within sniffing distance of a BCS bowl.

hed
    w
    Originally posted by MTR
    Well my Ole Miss Rebels got their asses handed to them yesterday. Alabama is truly a tough team to beat at home and well a tough team for Ole Miss to beat period. 5-2 and 2-1 in the SEC is still good for now though but tough games ahead.
    Going into that game, I truly thought Bama was gonna lose. But hey, their defense hasn't played that good in 10 years, LOL.

And who knew Beard would score like 1565367356125 touchdowns

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well we have no running game and Bama picked up on it and they were already 12th in the nation on run defense. They just kept going after Eli knowing we were going to pass 9 times out of 10. Bama played great and Beard was great as well. Our defense did not look like the same defense that beat Florida two weeks ago.

hed
    Originally posted by stonecoldfvr
    Damn Alabama, I hope those sucky Vols gets them.
    Well, it will be a good game hopefully...

* prays for Bama *

Oh, and that's a shame about Cadillac Williams, he was a great player. Hopefully, we will see him back next year in good shape...

Wise Beyond His Years
    Crammed into a 10 story pile of cement...
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Settle down, people. If you're feeling frustrated about your team losing, just say this to yourself:

At least we didn't lose to Oklahoma State.

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ha! Ha! about OSU! Oh and Carnell was a damn good player, I'm sure he'll be back next year. We have to pray that Ronnie can do it. He played great the other night!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suppose the reason why I can't buy Notre Dame in the National Championship game is because they have no offense.

None.

Zilch.

Nada.

Compared to OU, Miami and VT, they've got their dicks in their hands.

Defense is a whole other thing.

But Miami and OU have that in spades.

Anyway . . .

I'd just like to take this opportunity to poin t out that UVa has won 6 games in a row. Like . . . if something freakish happened and NC State lost 2 games and FSU lost one more, we could feasibly claim the ACC title.

I mean . . . it's basically between us, FSU, and NC State .. .

Not that I see us beating NC State on November 16th.

Which by the way, if any of you are in town for, I'm having a massive party that night.

Whether it's drinking in celebration of toppling NC State's perfect season or drinking because we got our asses handed to us, it'll be a party.

Woo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd rather see ND in the title game over VTech. VT is the most overrated team in the NCAA today. They are number 3, and why? They beat Marshall, and that's it. They're 25th in the nation strength of scheduel is a complete joke. They play in the weakest major conference, have a weak non-conference scheduel compared to Big east partner Miami, and there's no way to justify ranking them about OSU and even ND. I would say VTech in the Fiesta would be the ultimate joke, but I'm so sure that Miami will beat them by 3 TDs, that luckily I won't have to worry about it.

As for this weekend, look for OSU to drop out of the ranks of the unbeaten. Penn State isn't the best team OSU faces, but match ups give them trouble. OSU need s a lot of points from their passing game to win, which I don't see happening.

And even though the popular pick on SI and ESPN seems to be to have FSU beat ND, I just don't see it happening. I can't stand the way ND wins, but you can't argue with results. And Rix sucks. The sooner FSU comes to terms with that, the better. They need a new QB. ND will force Rix to make somewhere in the vicinity of 5 TOs, and win another dull one, say 14-10.

One more tidbit, if Iowa beats Michigan, OSU, even if they win, could be stuck with an at-large bid for a BCS bowl, despite having a better ranking than Iowa. Since Iowa can basically coast the rest of the way after Michigan, they would tie OSU for first with unblemished Big Ten records. And so since Iowa has gone longer w/o a Rose Bowl berth than OSU, Iowa would go to the Rose Bowl despite being the lower ranked team. That's the kind of stupid stuff that just makes you wish they would create the damn play-off system already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I don't think ND is going to beat FSU, but if they do, it will silence all doubts about ND. But I think the FSU defense is going to kill Holiday. The only thing that ND can do is try to get past that BIG FSU offensive line and nail Rix every play. Rix just doesn't preform well on the run.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it looks like the word Underrated doesn't belong with Notre Dame anymore. Major appluase to Notre Dame to shutting up the critics. Once again, proof that Offense puts you in the highlight reels, but Defense wins games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notre Dame does it again. It's times like this that make me proud to be Catholic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I take back every bad thing I said about ND.

And that's taking back a whole shitload.

They simply just outplayed and owned every single play in that game, it was beautiful.

And in sadder news, my Cavs' winning streak came to a halt today.

Next four games:

Penn St.
    NC St.
    Maryland
    Virginia Tech

Oh yeah. 0-4 baby.

hed
    Alabama kicked ass, our defense won that game, no question about it. Of course, since we're still on probation that win meant diddly poo in the Coach's poll, but the AP have us ranked 12th!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that shit hed! Damn Bama! I hate them, but I was pretty happy that my boys kicked the shit out of LSU! This season is so up in the air, I just hope we can beat Georgia and Bama, oh and I hope we get Ole Miss this week too! ELI SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hed
    yes, Eli does suck. I hate the whole Manning name for that matter. The thing that sucks the most is, in a couple of years BOTH Mannings will be playing in the NFL.

Anyway, Bama is so gonna kick the crap out of the Tigers, no question about it. Georgia's also going to beat you guys

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notre F'n Dame is gonna get beat by BC

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

*Thumbs nose at Fightin' Irish Fans*

OU v. Virginia Tech, National Championship Game, be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *does happy dance*

ND, outta here! Wooooooooo! Now, once VT is gone, all the pretenders who haven't faced anyone good will be out of the picture, and either Miami, Oklahoma, OSU or Georgia will be left to play in the title game. And sweetness will prevail.

But the BCS still sucks . . .

Intercontinental Champion BoSox Rule's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BC better be in the top 25 after their victory vs. Notre Dame

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by BoSox Rule
    BC better be in the top 25 after their victory vs. Notre Dame

Just because they beat ND doesn't mean they should be there. They are 0-3 in the Big East, the only games they have won besides ND is against UCONN, Stanford, Cent. Michigan, and Navy. They haven't earned that right.

If they beat WV next week, then maybe they should be looked at, but not yet.

Intercontinental Champion BoSox Rule's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They also came close to beating VT and Pitt. That has to count for something, not nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Anarchy Bunny
    Notre F'n Dame is gonna get beat by BC

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

*Thumbs nose at Fightin' Irish Fans*

OU v. Virginia Tech, National Championship Game, be there.

I am so slaughtering you in the football plaoffs for that. Yes, I would happen to be a ND fan... and a CU fan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Anarchy Bunny, wanna revise that Fiesta Bowl prediction?

I state again OU vs. MIAMI

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, no doubt about it now. All Miami and OK have to do is win out to go to the Fiesta Bowl. I would say that if any of them lose, Ohio State will take the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by DAKPluto

Whoa.

Like not in a million years would I have predicted VT would fall to Pitt.

*Gives hope to AB's Cavaliers*

Ah well.

OU v. Miami it is, if Miami can avoid VT's Suggs and his 200 yards per game.

Which is doubtful, to some extent.

And OU should be number one in the rankings after rolling over CU like they did.

And OU will also triumph if they play Miami. Miami has already played and revealed a pretty big weakness, that Griffin is sure to exploit if/when he gets the chance on Jan 1st.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by BoSox Rule
    They also came close to beating VT and Pitt. That has to count for something, not nothing.
    Meh, but they've played a mediocre season at best.

They beat ND, and as Dak pointed out, it makes them 1-3 in the big ten. That's not that impressive.

hed
    What a loco Saturday for college football!! So many teams getting upset. Hey, who wants to bet that Notre dame will be having a green jersey bonfire this Friday? Hahahahahahahaha!!

Anyway, the Hokies were upset as well as Georgia. My beloved Tide rolled through Vandy 30-8, no suprise there. You know, looking at Bama's schedule for the remainder of the year, I don't think they will lose a game from here on out. Auburn being the only team with a chance to give Bama a run for their money, but I doubt even they will, seeing as how Bama's D is just that damn good Up next for the A.P. 11th ranked Crimson Tide is Miss St., should be about as close as Vandy was to beating them

Giving him the business. QuietStorm's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does anyone know how much the packages on Charter Communications cost for college basketball and college football? Hell, if you know the cost for any of their sports packages that would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Stanley Spadowski's Clubhouse them69's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I think it'll be OU vs. Miami, as well, but I don't think it's Miami's year again. OU is such a juggernaut, no one can beat them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by them69
    I think it'll be OU vs. Miami, as well, but I don't think it's Miami's year again. OU is such a juggernaut, no one can beat them.
    Well, Miami I think has the better overall talent. They just need to get off their ass and play like it. But hopefully Tenn. and VT will do that for them. With Beamer ball challenging our run defense and mostly our special teams, it should improve our two weakest areas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miami vs. OSU...........whasupwitdat?

Who would of ever thought that OU would lose to the Aggies?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TECH JUST FUCKING LOST!!!

BWHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

I really hope it's not that, OSU has still not done very much to impress me this season...Maurice "I should be in the NFL" Clarett keeps getting himself hurt, and Krenzel is just not that good. Their kicking game is ace and their defense is pretty good, bit I think Miami would wreck them. OSU isn't even the best team in the Big 10; that honor goes to Iowa. It's a complete travesty they don't play each other this year, cause I think Iowa would bring them back down to earth.

And oh yeah, YEAH PSU!!!!!! Larry Johnson is a beast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There are only 2 undefeateds left (I think). If 1 of them lose between now and the BCS championship, Notre Dame might be back in the thick of things. And since OU lost, CU has a much better chance of taking the Big 12! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Best. Week. Ever. C'mon Michigan, take down Miami at the end of ther season...

No offense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by The_shad
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There are only 2 undefeateds left (I think). If 1 of them lose between now and the BCS championship, Notre Dame might be back in the thick of things. And since OU lost, CU has a much better chance of taking the Big 12! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Best. Week. Ever. C'mon Michigan, take down Miami at the end of ther season...

No offense.
    Notre Dame doesn't have a bucket's worth of piss chance of going to the Fiesta after that performance against 1-8 Navy. If ND is ranked in the Top 10 tomorrow I'll be suprised.

OU will still win the Big 12, mark my word.

Michigan vs. Maimi Michigan has too many losses.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Notre Dame doesn't have a bucket's worth of piss chance of going to the Fiesta after that performance against 1-8 Navy. If ND is ranked in the Top 10 tomorrow I'll be suprised.

OU will still win the Big 12, mark my word.

Michigan vs. Maimi Michigan has too many losses.......
    You won't even humor me?

OU won't win, CU will or at the very least, Nebraska.

And it'll be the last game of the regular season for both I think and I think Michigan still has a chance. CU beat a certain team with only 2 losses and unles Michigan lost this week or losses in the next few weeks, its the same deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Michigan is definitely not that good. They'll lose the annual OSU/UMich game by a lot, as usual. They'll get their asses handed to them vs Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michigan is definitely not that good. They'll lose the annual OSU/UMich game by a lot, as usual. They'll get their asses handed to them vs Miami.
    Is Boston College or Texas A&M that good? Hell, CU lost about 10 straight matches against Nebraska and look what happened!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You won't even humor me?

OU won't win, CU will or at the very least, Nebraska.

And it'll be the last game of the regular season for both I think and I think Michigan still has a chance. CU beat a certain team with only 2 losses and unles Michigan lost this week or losses in the next few weeks, its the same deal.
    There is a million one loss teams this year. And CU got completely ignored last year

Michigan has about the same chances of Pitt going to the Fiesta Bowl.

/me hears a voice say "Nebraska Last Year"

Okay, maybe they do have a chance with the BCS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a million one loss teams this year. And CU got completely ignored last year

Michigan has about the same chances of Pitt going to the Fiesta Bowl.

* DAKPluto hears a voice say "Nebraska Last Year"

Okay, maybe they do have a chance with the BCS.
    ??? Um, I'm not saying Michigan is going to the Fiesta Bowl. I'm just saying when they meet Miami in a few weeks, they CAN win.

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miami vs. OSU mark it down, because that is who will play for the Championship, and Miami of course will be repeat champions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ??? Um, I'm not saying Michigan is going to the Fiesta Bowl. I'm just saying when they meet Miami in a few weeks, they CAN win.
    Sure...............

David Cox 1987-2007
    optimistic about his future at Rajah Palace
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So long to Okie Uni-Versity
    So long to the red an white
    Hello to the dear old Texas Aggies
    They are the boys who show the grand old fight.

Rough Tough Real Stuff TEXAS FUCKING AGRICULTURAL AND MECHANICS!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Wise Beyond His Years
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't forget about those !@#$%^& Texas Longhorns. If either Miami or OSU stumble, they're the highest ranked 1 loss team and could likely sneak into the Fiesta Bowl without even winning the Big XII south. Yeah, yeah, I know, it sounds familiar to me too. Hell, if both Miami and OSU lose, we could have an OU/UT rematch in the Fiesta.

Let the bitching commence.

P.S. I hate Texas

Wise Beyond His Years
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, Nebraska can no longer win the Big 12 North. Colorado wins it if they can beat one of either Iowa State or Nebraska. K-State wins it if they beat Nebraska and Missouri and Colorado loses to both ISU and NU. Iowa State wins it if they beat Colorado, K-State loses to Nebraska and Missouri, and Colorado also loses to Nebraska.

There it is, clear as mother's milk.

Dibs On The Crotch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a huge Iowa State fan and I think Seneca Wallace is great, but he never seems to perform well under pressure against good teams. Against Oklahoma he was 4-20 and only 49 yards and then last night they get smashed by Kansas State who are very talented. Also I want people to consider that if you think the Cyclones suck look at there schedule they beat Nebraska who aren't the team they used to be and then they had to play Texas this year and Oklahoma and then every year they have Colorado and K-State who aren't easy. I just hope there schedule is considered when they give the 'clones a bowl game. Oh and the Iowa Hawkeyes SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well it looks like more and more that Ole Miss is going to be sitting at home again this December. Another loss. They played well and gave Georgia a fight though.

And how about that LSU win. What a play at the end. I could not believe it.

hed
    Originally posted by MTR

And how about that LSU win. What a play at the end. I could not believe it.
    " It ain't over till it's over. "

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LSU sucks! They got lucky that's all. Lucky shits! I so wanted Kentucky to win. What a fluke, will never happen again in a million years. God I hate LSU!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

http://espn.go.com/abcsports/bcs/ran...2002-2003.html

OSU #1...I want to go kill someone.

As much as I don't like Miami, I like OSU even less...so they better lose to Michigan (I can't believe I just said that)

Wise Beyond His Years
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://espn.go.com/abcsports/bcs/ran...2002-2003.html

OSU #1...I want to go kill someone.

As much as I don't like Miami, I like OSU even less...so they better lose to Michigan (I can't believe I just said that)
    What's the difference? It doesn't matter if you're #1 or #2. All OSU and Miami need to do is win out and they're in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by Dumpy
    What's the difference? It doesn't matter if you're #1 or #2. All OSU and Miami need to do is win out and they're in.
    Agreed. I'm a Die-Hard Miami fan and I could care less. All we have to do is win 3 more games and we are in the Fiesta Bowl. We just win 3 games and the BCS will do what it does.

Otherwise, we will turn into OU

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Originally posted by Dumpy
    The difference is that OSU is going to go to the Fiesta Bowl if they are 1 or 2, and I don't want that to happen.

It also irks me that they are #1 on any poll when to me, they are not deserving of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Besides Miami, who else can claim it? I don't think OSU is the 1st or 2nd best team in the nation, but they have every right in the world to claim it. They have the record to back it up, and only Miami can top it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Besides Miami, who else can claim it? I don't think OSU is the 1st or 2nd best team in the nation, but they have every right in the world to claim it. They have the record to back it up, and only Miami can top it.
    Miami SHOULD be topping them.

But that's just the BCS for you.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    College football is great until the regular season is over...then it's just shite with it's money hungry corporate sponserd bowl games. Get a damn playoff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miami SHOULD be topping them.

But that's just the BCS for you.
    But as said earlier, right now doesn't matter. All they have to do is win out and they play for the National Championship. It doesn't matter until Jan 5 who is on top

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Imagine the shit storm if both teams lose between now and then though . . .

Like whoa.

SHIT STORM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then the BCS will really show off it's crapiness, Phil.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

But as said earlier, right now doesn't matter. All they have to do is win out and they play for the National Championship. It doesn't matter until Jan 5 who is on top
    I know it doesn't matter, but it still irks me.

Moving on, who do you all think is gonna be in the Rose Bowl this year?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, the Rose Bowl gets the first At-Large if OSU goes to the Rose Bowl, so my guess would be OU.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If I remember correctly the Rose Bowl keeps their normal tie-in's if they are not the championship game and one of their teams is not 1 or 2. Meaning that the Big 10 and Pac-10 champs will play there unless they are 1 or 2 in the BCS. Since they have been added to the line up the only time they have not had their normal teams is when they hosted the title game. It was part of the agreement of the Rose Bowl joining the BCS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MTR, you are correct, sir. It's Big 11 vs. Pac-10. Will probably be Iowa vs whoever wins the Pac 10. Washington St. maybe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ESPN.com:

If the standings remain as they are -- and of course, they won't, but let's pretend they will -- Texas can forget not only the Fiesta Bowl, but the other BCS games as well.

Here's how the BCS bowls will look.
    Fiesta: Miami vs. Ohio State
    Rose: Iowa vs. Washington State
    Orange: Notre Dame vs. Oklahoma
    Sugar: Florida State vs. Georgia

If Miami is ranked first, then the Orange Bowl will declare the Big East champion as its host team. The 'Canes would be put in the Fiesta and then the Orange would get first pick among the at-large teams. The Orange Bowl wants the Irish even if they lose to USC and fall to 10-2.

"We have to put asses in seats. Notre Dame will fill us up," Art Hertz, a past president of the game, said Saturday in Knoxville. "The way the system is now, if we don't sell our tickets, we're in the hole."

That's no small consideration. The Orange Bowl ticket this year is $100.

The Rose, which would lose Ohio State to the Fiesta, would then get second pick and happily take Iowa. The Hawkeyes are not only a top-five team, but their selection would keep the Big Ten in the game. That keeps a happy marriage between the Tournament of Roses and the Big Ten.

Though Florida State has earned a reputation for not travelling very well, the Sugar won't care who is playing the SEC champion as long as Georgia, which hasn't been to New Orleans since 1982, LSU or Auburn is in the game. All three schools would fill the Superdome to the roof.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting. I just read that there is a one year rule stating that 6-6 teams can go to bowls this year to fill slots if needed. Bowls do not like 6-6 teams but some conferences may need to use 6-6 teams to fill slots.

In the past if you played 12 games you had to win 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damn, I wish Ohio State would have played Iowa this year. One, I think Iowa would have won. Two, there would be no dispute on the Big 12.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, something confuses me. Does Colorado have any chance at going to the Big 12 Championship? I was thinking they did, but with KSU, OU, and Texas, I'm not sure anymore. I really should pay attention more to college stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think Colorado has a chance with the good teams surrounding its division

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, something confuses me. Does Colorado have any chance at going to the Big 12 Championship? I was thinking they did, but with KSU, OU, and Texas, I'm not sure anymore. I really should pay attention more to college stuff.
    Colorado clinched the North this weekend if I remember correctly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Colorado clinched the North this weekend if I remember correctly.
    So KU is not, in fact, in the North? Sweet! That was my main concern. And now it's just a battle with Texas and OU for the Southern half. This could end up being very ugly.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So KU is not, in fact, in the North? Sweet! That was my main concern. And now it's just a battle with Texas and OU for the Southern half. This could end up being very ugly.
    I'm assuming you meant KSU. Well, KSU had two conference losses to CU one. So they aren't an issue.

In the south it is a fight between OU, Texas, and Texas Tech. And as everybody should know, OU plays Texas Tech this Sat., so this is an IMPORTANT game in the Big 12. But they also have OSU left. So if OU wins out, they will take the South since they are the only one of the three with 2 conference games left. But if OU loses to Tech, and beats OSU, things get weird.

2002 BIG 12 STANDINGS
    . CONF. OVERALL
    NORTH W L W L
    Colorado 6 1 8 3
    Kansas State 5 2 9 2
    Iowa State 4 4 7 5
    Nebraska 3 4 7 5
    Missouri 2 5 5 6
    Kansas 0 8 2 10
    SOUTH W L W L
    Oklahoma 5 1 9 1
    Texas 5 2 9 2
    Texas Tech 5 2 8 4
    Oklahoma State 3 3 5 5
    Texas A&M 3 4 6 5
    Baylor 1 6 3 8
    Last edited by DAKPluto; November 18th, 2002 at 2:43 AM.

hed
    Oh my God! How good was Alabama's defense Saturday? I mean, I was way nervous in the beginning of that game, but I'll be damned if our defense didn't step up and shut down LSU. 31-0 was the final score. We may not be going to any bowl games this year, but the Iron Bowl is upon us and Auburn's next!

I bet stonecoldfvr's scared Hey, but I was pulling for you guys against Georgia, it was was a good game, but the Bulldog's are sneaky bastards. Oh well, I can't wait for the Iron Bowl, its gonna be a great game!

Aw, who really cares?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, why all the hate for Ohio State? (haha, that rhymes)

As big a Buckeyes fan as I am, I still would cheer for ANYONE who would prevent Miami from winning ANOTHER championship. A few weeks ago, I was actually dreaming of a OSU/Notre Dame Fiesta Bowl...anybody but Miami.

Of course, Miami still has to get past Virginia Tech, so it still could be OSU/Oklahoma, since Texas lost this weekend. (as long as my Bucks can hold off Michigan...)

GO BUCKEYES! Keeping football alive in Ohio, since the Bengals suck and the Browns are so-so.

hed
    If/When Miami and Ohio State play, Miami will show why Ohio State is overrated. They've played no one that has impressed me so far, no one.

Miami will destroy Ohio State.

Aw, who really cares?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe...we'll see. But campare who Ohio State has played this year and who Miami played...

THAT is why they have had a higher ranking in the BCS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by kittycat95
    Maybe...we'll see. But campare who Ohio State has played this year and who Miami played...

THAT is why they have had a higher ranking in the BCS.

Florida at the Swamp, Florida State, and Tennessee at Tennessee isn't good enough for ya?

Everybody says that Miami gets a break playing in the "easy" Big East so this year they went out and played the traditionally best teams in the ACC and the SEC. And the SEC is always considered one of the BEST conferences out there.

It isn't Miami's fault that all three teams aren't playing their best this year, but those three are still not shabby. They are without a doubt not patsies.

Who has OSU played this year? Some good teams, but they didn't play Iowa either. And Iowa would have ripped OSU a new ass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed.

I think OSU's season should by highlighted by who they didn't play rather than who they did.

Aw, who really cares?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohio State

Texas Tech (who BEAT #5 Texas this weekend) - won 45-21
    Washington State (ranked #3 in the AP and BCS) - won 25-7
    Penn State (#15 in BCS, #16 in AP) - won 13-7
    Purdue - won 10-6
    Illinois - won 23-16
    play Michigan this Saturday (ranked #10 in BCS and #12 in AP)

Miami

Florida (ranked #14 in BCS and #20 in AP) - won 41-16
    Boston College (beat Notre Dame two weeks ago) - won 38-6
    Florida State (#11 in BCS and #15 in AP) - won 28-27
    Tennessee - won 26-3
    The remaining three teams that Miami must play are all out of the top 15 in the BCS.

Plus, currently OSU is 12-0, and Miami is 9-0.

If you go by who these teams DIDN'T play, I think you could argue either way. I would say that any argument on who has been better this year would be VERY close...we'll see come Fiesta Bowl time...

I am a Buckeye fan, but I'm not saying that Miami CAN'T beat OSU...I'm just happy that the Bucks are having such a great season. I think that if OSU can hold off Michigan, and Miami can survive the next three games, (especially the Virginia Tech game) the Fiesta Bowl will be one hell of a game...
    Last edited by kittycat; November 18th, 2002 at 3:51 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by kittycat95
    Ohio State
    If you go by who these teams DIDN'T play, I think you could argue either way. I would say that any argument on who has been better this year would be VERY close...we'll see come Fiesta Bowl time...
    I think you're underestimating the fact that Miami is currently on a 31 game winning streak.

There's 2 teams (maybe three) who I think could give Miami a game:

OU, Iowa, Texas

And I'm gonna be willing to be 50 bucks that if OSU reaches the Fiesta Bowl, they're gonna get their teeth kicked down their throats.

Not to say their a bad team, I just don't think they match up well against Miami.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By .01, Miami is now the #1 team in EVERY poll.

WOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Iowa is 7th, I think they are really getting the Short End of the stick here.

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally posted by hed
    Oh my God! How good was Alabama's defense Saturday? I mean, I was way nervous in the beginning of that game, but I'll be damned if our defense didn't step up and shut down LSU. 31-0 was the final score. We may not be going to any bowl games this year, but the Iron Bowl is upon us and Auburn's next!

I bet stonecoldfvr's scared Hey, but I was pulling for you guys against Georgia, it was was a good game, but the Bulldog's are sneaky bastards. Oh well, I can't wait for the Iron Bowl, its gonna be a great game!
    Oh my God, hed!!!!!!! That Auburn game had me so pissed off! We should of had them. I hate Georgia, now and always!!!!! They are sneaky bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dammit, 4 and 15 and that idiot didn't even jump to knock it down. God, what a horrible game!
    Oh and Bama has me worried, but not scared! I just have to pray that somehow Auburn pulls it out!!!!!

Oh and yeah, I knew Bama was going to kick LSU's ass. They suck horribly since they lost all of their starters.

But this week, it's on baby!!!!!!! Iron Bowl!!!!! War Fucking Eagle!!!!!! God, I hope Auburn kicks Bama's assssssss! I hate them worst than anyone!!!!!!!! Go Tigers!!!!!!!!!!

Aw, who really cares?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bet the Auburn students are wearing their Alabama hats in anticipation...

My husband pulled his "bama hat out of the closet this past weekend.

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hehe! I just know deep down, Auburn will pull it out. I don't know how but they will! War Eagle

Aw, who really cares?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, stonecoldfvr and I have something in common...a respect for Auburn...

fardog
    WOW Did you all catch that WVU vs Vt game last night that was the best game of the year for WVU I just wanted to know what you all thought of it .

GO MOUNTIANEERS WOOOOHOOOOOO

Big Fish in a Small Pond THE jANK's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have been relunctant to post in this thread because I think Navarre is shite.

But, he will lead my Wolverines to victory and spank that Buckeye ass this weekend!

Consider your national title dreams ruined putos, just like in 92, 95 and 96.

GO BLUE!

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
    Last edited by THE jANK; November 21st, 2002 at 5:42 PM.
    -The Clique rules all
    -Bigger and deffer-2189% more prefrontal cortex!
    -Lex steeling yer ma, I thought you knew
    -I crystallize my post so you can sniff it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, Pitt put up a good game against us.

But, of course , Miami still came out on top.

fardog
    Yea I was pulling for Pitt so that there could be a 3 way tie for the Big East Title. But I guess WVU will have to settle for 2nd in the Big East after we beat Pitt next week in the Backyard BRAWL.

If only Rasheed Marshall could Throw we would have beat Miami and we would be Big East Champs.

Go Mountianeers WhoooooooHooooooo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So did any of you just catch the BEATDOWN my Cavaliers just put on Maryland?

*Hopes we're ranked next week*

Easy E's Bitch
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw that beating Virginia gave the Terps. Did anyone catch my Tigers beating Bama's ass today?????? Woooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! War Eagle Baby!!!!! They all said that Bama was going to kill us, but I guess we shut their asses up!!!!!!!!! Sorry hed, but the bragging rights are all ours this year!!!!!!!!!!! War Eagle!!! I was so proud of them today!!!! They looked great!!!!!! 17-7, great game, can't wait until these other idiots lose so we can go to the SEC game, God, please Ole Miss and please LSU, win so we can go!!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

LARRY JOHNSON FOR HEISMAN!!!!

First 2000 yard back EVER at PSU, and only the ninth ever in college football...he had over 250 yards in the FIRST HALF until he was pulled due to the class Paterno and the rest of PSU have.

If Dorsey or McGahee win it over LJ, it will be a travesty.

btw, let's go Miami and blow Ohio State out of the water.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Dorsey or McGahee win it over LJ, it will be a travesty.

Sorry, no.

IMO, one season should not be enough. Where the hell was Johnson last year? Just because a man has one hot year should not mean he should win the Heisman. That is why McGahee shouldn't win this year either. But Dorsey should because he has been awsome for three years. He has led the Hurricanes through 32 straight wins. Second highest in the Modern Era. That is what defines the best player in the game. He doesn't have one hot year then fall apart, he has been a top player year after year.

That is why so many players win the Heisman, and then suck when they hit the NFL. What is Eric Crouch doing now? He is a fricking Running Back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Didn't Crouch retire?

I was under the impression that the Heisman was for the best player in that particular season. What LJ or Dorsey did last year is irrelevant to this year's Heisman voting. LJ not only leads the league in rushing, but in ALL PURPOSE yards as well. He was close to PSU's leading reciever this season. He deserves the Heisman, and I stand by my statement. If they wanted to give an award for best player throughout their college career, it would be a college achievement award.

Not to mention Dorsey is nowhere near the best quarterback in college football right now. Brad Banks takes that honor and ahead of Dorsey are Seneca Wallace and Brian Leftwich, as well..

Miami's win streak has been very impressive, yes, but how hard is it to win games when you have practically have an NFL caliber team behind you? Dorsey is not going anywhere when he goes pro, mark my words on that. I'm not saying the dude sucks or anything, I'm saying he's had lots of help getting to where he is now, and he really hasn't led them, unless you consider the QB the leader by default. I just don't see NFL on him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heisman.com:

The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award is presented each year to the Outstanding College Football Player of the United States by the Downtown Athletic Club of New York City, Inc.
    The DAC never says for the year. The NCAA already has an award for that. The Heisman is simply for the most outstanding College Football Player. And Johnson has not always been an outstanding player. He hasn't established himself as one.

And Dorsey without a doubt is the leader of his team. Watch all the interviews with his teammates and with Coker. They all say that Dorsey is the one that keeps their hopes up, makes decisions in the huddle, and keeps them motivated. And Dorsey doesn't have to post outstanding numbers to be one of the best. He just need to post what is needed to win games, not to make himself look like the best.

Dorsey's main thing going for him is his football IQ. He knows what plays to make and when. He understands the aspects of the game to be a great player.

Where was Johnson against Michigan? He only rushed for 78 yards and one score.

Where was Johnson against Iowa? He only rushed for 68 yards and one score.

Where was Johnson against Ohio State? He only rushed for 66 yards and one score.

The only game that was even close where Johnson made over 100 yards was against Illinois. Johnson only racks up the yards when playing patsies. He runs up over 300 yards against Indiana. Big freakin' deal. They are one of the worst run defense teams ever.

To be frank, Johnson can't play good unless he is going against a team that would let Spike Dudley run for 200 yards. Johnson just didn't play like a Outstanding Player when Penn State needed him the most.

He went over 2000 yards just because Paterno like to run up the score, and doesn't substitute as much as other coaches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation

Paterno likes to run up the score.....I am sorry, but you are completely wrong on that statement. Running up the score entails keeping the first string in to beat the hell out of the other team. He always puts the bench players in when the score gets out of hand. If they can keep scoring, well that says a lot about the opposing team's defense.

In 1994, the season where Nebraska robbed PSU of the national title by running up scores left and right, there was a game where a PSU player intercepted a pass. The PSU player celebrated and kept celebrating on the sidelines....until JoePa took him aside and verbally beat his ass into the ground for trying to show the other team up. That is just an example of how JoePa runs things. Paterno and PSU are a complete class act, and anyone that says otherwise is obviously anti-PSU for some reason. They emphasize team play, and it is completely obvious in interviews with players and Paterno. They always downplay individual achievments and talk up the team game.

Today, Larry Johnson, 279 yards rushing in the FIRST HALF before Paterno took him out in the SECOND QUARTER. Penn State shows their stuff when their 2nd and 3rd string gets the score to 61-7.

Let's see, other games where Johnson was not in the entire time and usually out in the 3rd quarter or before....Northwestern, Virginia, Indiana, Nebraska, LA Tech, Wisconson (till they mounted a bit of a comeback)..

You cite the "poor" rushing of Johnson in the three losses, but you neglect to note that Johnson had over 100 yards of total offense in each of those games except Ohio State.

In the Iowa game he had 168 total yards.

In the Michigan game he had 124 total yards.

OSU is the ONLY game this season where he has not amassed over 100 yards in total offense. For you to say he's not a big time player is completely preposterous...when a team can stop him running, he gets them recieving.

Larry Johnson is absolutely the real deal, and he should win the Heisman.
    Last edited by them69; November 24th, 2002 at 1:56 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dunno . . . I can't really agree that Dorsey should win the Heisman, and that's mainly because when his team does badly, it isn't him that steps up, it's McGahee.

In several of their close games this year, when Dorsey failed to do his job, McGahee always came through with the big plays. That's what separates him, in my opinion, from someone like Larry Johnson, who quite frankly rolls over anyone that gets in his way.

Dorsey's success at QB is dependent on the fact that he has a class runningback to make up for his many mistakes, and a killer offensive line. Just as you say, DAK, that PSU only gets good running yards on a shitty run defense, Dorsey only really throws very well against teams with a shitty secondary, and sometimes not even then.

When Miami played FSU, for instance, where was Dorsey? That was a team effort, and a lucky near-miss, but it wasn't Dorsey that led them on the field in the end, it was the Miami defense.

A huge difference between Johnson and Dorsey is the fact that when Johnson plays badly, PSU doesn't do too well, when Dorsey does badly, he has someone like McGahee to stand up and make up for it.

Dorsey isn't the most outstanding player in college football right now, and he certainly isn't responsible for the 32 game win streak.