User Tag List

Thread: BACKLASH FRANCE

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BACKLASH FRANCE

Live! May 4th from the LDLC Arena in Decines-Charpieu, Lyon Metropolis, France (sounds dope)

Cody Rhodes v. AJ Styles-Undisputed WWE Championship
    Damien Priest v. Jey Uso-World Heavyweight Championship
    Bayley v. Naomi v. Tiffany Stratton-WWE Women's Championship
    Kabuki Warriors v. Jade Cargill/Bianca Belair-WWE Women's Tag Championship
    Orton/Owens v. Solo/Tama Tonga

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rhodes, Priest, Bayley retain. Cargill/Belair new women's tag champs. Bloodline win?

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey @Donald

If they did Smackdown in France, it would be the Sacre Bleu brand.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like there's some truth to Cody coming out of WrestleMania a little lukewarm but I also think when you're that high up on the mountain it's hard to find something equally as important/entertaining. I love him and Styles, I love the fact that if you're a smart fan you know this is a dream match. They've never wrestled which is crazy to me but it's like right as AJ was coming in Cody was gone. I'm actually more interested in what happens after Backlash. Will Cody and Styles still be going at each other?

Shawn came out of WM 12 and went right into the blood feud with Diesel after he turned on HBK at MSG. There is a part of me that wonders if we missed an opportunity for Randy to turn heel on Cody after Mania...or is the WWE smart and realize Orton might not be able to go back to being a top heel again? It would probably lead a crowd split and we'd back in 2006 again.

Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On papaer, I can't say this show's card really has me hyped but that's probably a good thing. Going in without much excitement/expectation tends to result in getting more/better than anticipated so I'll probably really enjoy the show and there'll likely be some surprises in the mix. Apparently the last Uncle Howdy teases pointed towards France so maybe some more significant developments with that?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Judging by the crowd last night, it's going to be fantastic. People enjoying themselves at shows rather than capturing content for their shitty instagrams.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lord almighty that crowd was HOTTT.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This crowd is great.

Not the debut I was expecting for the bloodline but I am here for it as a big fan of the Guerrilas of Destiny

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great show. The crowd was super hot. I didn't understand the weird chant they did after someone kicked out at 2.

Match of the night for me is a toss up between the Bloodline v. R-KO or Cody v. AJ. Tag match just had so much going on and the crowd singing Orton's song...has that ever happened like that? Crazy. "Rogue Bloodline" sounds about perfect. Seeing the GoD in WWE is nuts for us smarks lol. Cody v. AJ was about as good as it gets right? You have two guys who have been able to truly show an elevated style within the confines of the WWE. WWE is still without a doubt a slower paced promotion it's been that way since the 60's but I feel like people don't give them enough credit when you think about how many great wrestling matches have taken place there. I think AJ Styles is a guy who should always be in the same convo as Flair, Savage, Kobashi, HBK, Bret, Angle, Perfect, Muta, the list goes on of guys that rarely sucked. AJ might be top 5 of all time inside the ring.

Women's tag title match was good. They got off track a little bit after a weird spot with Jade/Kairi but that finishing sequence was incredible. Triple threat women's title was another solid performance especially from Tiffany Stratton.

Uso v. Priest was like a redemption match for Jey. He knew he had the lackluster match with his brother at Mania and there's a reason they call him "Main Event" Dude comes through when he's in the big matches. Priest shined. Loved that finish with the top rope choke slam. Priest has a moveset that takes me back to the WWE games from the early 2010's. That's the guy I would've probably made in Smackdown v. Raw 2011. Razor's Edge should never get a 2 though. I also like how Judgement Day is falling apart. I'm honestly shocked it took this long.

Overall, 9/10.

Mentioned
    448 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I thought this show was awful and I have no idea why I still watch pro wrestling when I find it mostly boring.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Seems like you watch it so you can complain about something

Mentioned
    367 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome show top to bottom. Agree with everything ND said above. Crowd was wild. Loved it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My only issue at the minute is Priest as champion. Very Jack Swagger in 2010 vibes. The roster is just too good at the minute for him to feel like he belongs in that spot. He likely shifts it to Drew at Clash and then you can get to the good stuff, but until then it feels the title will be in the midcard and a plot device to lead to the Judgment Day split.

Summerslam has potential to be as big as 'Mania this year with the angles they have at their disposal. Do they go Cody vs. Orton? Cody vs. Reigns 3? Longshot of Cody vs. Rock? Already have McIntyre vs. Punk parked up. If the card is Rhodes/Orton and McIntyre/Punk for the titles, a big Bloodline match (either Reigns' return or Uso's reuniting), Balor vs. Priest, Rollins' return match, they're absolutely cooking. Long term storytelling and the right players in the right spots.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I think with Cody being champ just like when Roman was champ, that Raw title is going to take a backseat.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I think when punk gets in the title pitcher and most likely wins you may see it jump in importance. I could possibly see a hogan/warrior showdown scenario that Cody ultimately comes out on top.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's just like any other time with 2 World titles. When Cena was champ, didn't matter if you had the WWE or WHC, whatever one he had was the most important. Goes back to the man makes the title. If CM Punk wins the title Priest has I could see it being the more important of the two.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I thought this show was awful and I have no idea why I still watch pro wrestling when I find it mostly boring.
    The storyline build for every match on the Backlash card was poor. But the matches were really good, and benefitted from a really hot crowd. Just like last year's Backlash card in Puerto Rico, the crowd can make a C/C+ card into an B+/A- PLE.

And I know the reason you keep watching. During the street fight with RKOwens vs the Rogue Bloodline, they brought out the metal cans. They are BackTrash cans.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Donald changes his avatar and is suddenly bored with WWE? Hacked.