User Tag List

Thread: Uncle Howdy (& friends...?)

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle Howdy (& friends...?)

So there was the post-doc teaser, multiple glitches and QR codes, videos, hidden messages, etc., all making it clear that Uncle Howdy or at least Bo Dallas in some capacity is coming back to continue the legacy of Bray Wyatt's gimmick...and rumors are, he may be bringing other folks along with him (the rumored Wyatt 6?) like Alexa Bliss, Erick Rowan, etc.

Sooooo....whaddaya think? Is this exploitative and gross or respectful and honoring? Is it even going to be good considering the divisiveness of a lot of the stuff Wyatt did? Will it succeed without Bray's charisma/talent? Is Bo (& Co.) skilled enough to carry it successfully? Who will they target? When will they debut/return?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of dig the idea to continue the legacy and it shouldn’t be anybody except Bo Dallas for obvious reasons.

That said…I don’t think it’ll be successful. Very few people have had the charisma and vision that Wyatt did. I’m intrigued and hopeful but also realistic.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So long as it’s Bo Dallas running it, I’m inclined to give him (and Paul) the benefit of the doubt; I feel those two are especially aware of the ground they’re walking on and the need to do it respectfully.

I don’t recall Dallas’ work being particularly memorable, but that probably was due to the shithead running the company at the time.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't a fan of the idea until I watched the documentary. I'm still not completely sold because the thing that some are forgetting that was talked about in the doc and has been known for awhile is that Bray had a particular vision seen only through his eyes. So whatever ideas they have laying around that he spoke about or put down on paper, was that the final draft? It's like if Wes Craven's brother found a bunch of ideas on a laptop that Wes had started and then his brother and friends along with the studio decided to finish them. On one hand, at least it's family/friends, on the other, is that the real vision?

So I'm torn because I don't want the legacy of Bray Wyatt to turn into something he wouldn't want but who am I to say what he did/didn't want. Regardless, if it does happen, I would like it to be something that while inspired by Bray Wyatt, turns into something of it's own.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit I'm curious about it just to see how it plays out and what kind of reaction it gets, etc. Bray was very divisive at times but also very beloved and certainly developed his cult following who have been anticipating and supportive of this happening. I don't particularly like the vibe of cheering for one dude because another dude died (see: Mysterio post Eddie's passing) but after seeing the Bray doc and how close the brothers were and how much Bo seemed into the same shit and all, I think as much as it's carrying on Bray, it's also got a fair bit of Bo's own stuff in the mix, too, and it's not just him riding coattails or stealing thunder or whatever. I didn't like most of the Fiend stuff after the initial novelty wore off and it got stupid pretty quick and often, so I can't say I'm optimistic about this. But I am a fan of spooky stuff, loved Family era Wyatt, and was a big fan of Rowan so I'll be glad to see him back, so overall: cautiously intrigued but also willing to watch a train wrecik if that's what it becomes.
    Last edited by mth; May 3rd, 2024 at 7:43 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I'll admit I'm curious about it just to see how it plays out and what kind of reaction it gets, etc. Bray was very divisive at times but also very beloved and certainly developed his cult following who have been anticipating and supportive of this happening. I don't particularly like the vibe of cheering for one dude because another dude died (see: Mysterio post Eddie's passing) but after seeing the Bray doc and how close the brothers were and how much Bo seemed into the same shit and all, I think as much as it's carrying on Bray, it's also got a fair bit of Bo's own stuff in the mix, too, and it's not just him riding coattails or stealing thunder or whatever. I didn't like most of the Fiend stuff after the initial novelty wore off and it got stupid pretty quick and often, so I can't say I'm optimistic about this. But I am a fan of spooky stuff, loved Family era Wyatt, and was a big fan of Rowan so I'll be glad to see him back, so overall: cautiously intrigued but also willing to watch a train wrecik if that's what it becomes.
    And with Rey and Eddie it's kind of the same thing here. If they were going to have someone carry on Eddie's legacy so to speak, or use that as a vehicle to do something on tv, Rey would be on a very very short list. Just like with Bray, if Bo wasn't involved I would be 100% against it. Even if Rowan, Strowman, even Bliss I wouldn't be down. I respect the kids/family getting money out of all of this as merch probably doesn't last forever idk how that shit works. I just think if they tried to have Joe Gacy be some copycat killer type fan it would come across as purely a cash grab.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all in for it. Even if it fails I don't think Bray would be upset that his brother got an opportunity to do something major with his career and try and carry on his legacy.

Whether they can pull it off is a tough ask, people will be behind it at first but a few months down the line, I'm not so sure. It's a massive opportunity for them though and I hope they take it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    196 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put myself in the "cautiously optimistic" category with this. Bo Dallas was sound in the ring, and he was getting the "Bo-lieve" gimmick over but I think he got hurt, or was too young and wasn't playing the backstage politics well enough, to keep that from becoming fodder for whoever he got fed to.

But Bo and Curtis Axel caught fire with the "B-Team" , way more over than expected, and they showed they deserved the screen time they were getting. The way Bo went all-in with the cheesy t-shirts, and "B is for Best" attitude resonated with the crowds who wanted to see them do well.

They are giving this the long build, which I think means that they have thought it through, and it likely won't be changed at the last minute to feed them to whoever the latest push might be.

Given how we feel about Bray, the WWE universe will probably be more patient with this than with any other angle.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I put myself in the "cautiously optimistic" category with this. Bo Dallas was sound in the ring, and he was getting the "Bo-lieve" gimmick over but I think he got hurt, or was too young and wasn't playing the backstage politics well enough, to keep that from becoming fodder for whoever he got fed to.

But Bo and Curtis Axel caught fire with the "B-Team" , way more over than expected, and they showed they deserved the screen time they were getting. The way Bo went all-in with the cheesy t-shirts, and "B is for Best" attitude resonated with the crowds who wanted to see them do well.

They are giving this the long build, which I think means that they have thought it through, and it likely won't be changed at the last minute to feed them to whoever the latest push might be.

Given how we feel about Bray, the WWE universe will probably be more patient with this than with any other angle.
    Good take.

And really, if it is the rumored group, that's a good mix. You have a couple guys who are very effective as bruisers who don't need mic time. You have people with some charisma in Gacy and Bo. And Alexa Bliss has been very successful in all her roles.

With the previously mentioned positive fan inclination, there's a better shot than average to succeed.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems one of the heavy rumors is that Bliss and Nikki Cross will both be in this faction. As someone who was actually a fan of their tag team, I'd love to see these two reunite as a creepy BlissCross Applesauce, and eventually take the titles. The women's tag division is so close to being good, with established teams like The Way, KCs, Unholy Union, Chelsea & Piper, Damage CTRL/Kabuki Warriors, and newer teams that are believable teams like Shayna/Zoey and Ivy/Maxxine. I really think BlissCross could help to carry the division.

But I'm also an unapologetic Nikki Cross fan, so never mind me if that all sounds crazy.