User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uncle Howdy & The Wyatt Sick6

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uncle Howdy & The Wyatt Sick6

So there was the post-doc teaser, multiple glitches and QR codes, videos, hidden messages, etc., all making it clear that Uncle Howdy or at least Bo Dallas in some capacity is coming back to continue the legacy of Bray Wyatt's gimmick...and rumors are, he may be bringing other folks along with him (the rumored Wyatt 6?) like Alexa Bliss, Erick Rowan, etc.

Sooooo....whaddaya think? Is this exploitative and gross or respectful and honoring? Is it even going to be good considering the divisiveness of a lot of the stuff Wyatt did? Will it succeed without Bray's charisma/talent? Is Bo (& Co.) skilled enough to carry it successfully? Who will they target? When will they debut/return?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I kind of dig the idea to continue the legacy and it shouldn’t be anybody except Bo Dallas for obvious reasons.

That said…I don’t think it’ll be successful. Very few people have had the charisma and vision that Wyatt did. I’m intrigued and hopeful but also realistic.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So long as it’s Bo Dallas running it, I’m inclined to give him (and Paul) the benefit of the doubt; I feel those two are especially aware of the ground they’re walking on and the need to do it respectfully.

I don’t recall Dallas’ work being particularly memorable, but that probably was due to the shithead running the company at the time.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wasn't a fan of the idea until I watched the documentary. I'm still not completely sold because the thing that some are forgetting that was talked about in the doc and has been known for awhile is that Bray had a particular vision seen only through his eyes. So whatever ideas they have laying around that he spoke about or put down on paper, was that the final draft? It's like if Wes Craven's brother found a bunch of ideas on a laptop that Wes had started and then his brother and friends along with the studio decided to finish them. On one hand, at least it's family/friends, on the other, is that the real vision?

So I'm torn because I don't want the legacy of Bray Wyatt to turn into something he wouldn't want but who am I to say what he did/didn't want. Regardless, if it does happen, I would like it to be something that while inspired by Bray Wyatt, turns into something of it's own.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll admit I'm curious about it just to see how it plays out and what kind of reaction it gets, etc. Bray was very divisive at times but also very beloved and certainly developed his cult following who have been anticipating and supportive of this happening. I don't particularly like the vibe of cheering for one dude because another dude died (see: Mysterio post Eddie's passing) but after seeing the Bray doc and how close the brothers were and how much Bo seemed into the same shit and all, I think as much as it's carrying on Bray, it's also got a fair bit of Bo's own stuff in the mix, too, and it's not just him riding coattails or stealing thunder or whatever. I didn't like most of the Fiend stuff after the initial novelty wore off and it got stupid pretty quick and often, so I can't say I'm optimistic about this. But I am a fan of spooky stuff, loved Family era Wyatt, and was a big fan of Rowan so I'll be glad to see him back, so overall: cautiously intrigued but also willing to watch a train wrecik if that's what it becomes.
    Last edited by mth; May 3rd, 2024 at 7:43 PM.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I'll admit I'm curious about it just to see how it plays out and what kind of reaction it gets, etc. Bray was very divisive at times but also very beloved and certainly developed his cult following who have been anticipating and supportive of this happening. I don't particularly like the vibe of cheering for one dude because another dude died (see: Mysterio post Eddie's passing) but after seeing the Bray doc and how close the brothers were and how much Bo seemed into the same shit and all, I think as much as it's carrying on Bray, it's also got a fair bit of Bo's own stuff in the mix, too, and it's not just him riding coattails or stealing thunder or whatever. I didn't like most of the Fiend stuff after the initial novelty wore off and it got stupid pretty quick and often, so I can't say I'm optimistic about this. But I am a fan of spooky stuff, loved Family era Wyatt, and was a big fan of Rowan so I'll be glad to see him back, so overall: cautiously intrigued but also willing to watch a train wrecik if that's what it becomes.
    And with Rey and Eddie it's kind of the same thing here. If they were going to have someone carry on Eddie's legacy so to speak, or use that as a vehicle to do something on tv, Rey would be on a very very short list. Just like with Bray, if Bo wasn't involved I would be 100% against it. Even if Rowan, Strowman, even Bliss I wouldn't be down. I respect the kids/family getting money out of all of this as merch probably doesn't last forever idk how that shit works. I just think if they tried to have Joe Gacy be some copycat killer type fan it would come across as purely a cash grab.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm all in for it. Even if it fails I don't think Bray would be upset that his brother got an opportunity to do something major with his career and try and carry on his legacy.

Whether they can pull it off is a tough ask, people will be behind it at first but a few months down the line, I'm not so sure. It's a massive opportunity for them though and I hope they take it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put myself in the "cautiously optimistic" category with this. Bo Dallas was sound in the ring, and he was getting the "Bo-lieve" gimmick over but I think he got hurt, or was too young and wasn't playing the backstage politics well enough, to keep that from becoming fodder for whoever he got fed to.

But Bo and Curtis Axel caught fire with the "B-Team" , way more over than expected, and they showed they deserved the screen time they were getting. The way Bo went all-in with the cheesy t-shirts, and "B is for Best" attitude resonated with the crowds who wanted to see them do well.

They are giving this the long build, which I think means that they have thought it through, and it likely won't be changed at the last minute to feed them to whoever the latest push might be.

Given how we feel about Bray, the WWE universe will probably be more patient with this than with any other angle.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I put myself in the "cautiously optimistic" category with this. Bo Dallas was sound in the ring, and he was getting the "Bo-lieve" gimmick over but I think he got hurt, or was too young and wasn't playing the backstage politics well enough, to keep that from becoming fodder for whoever he got fed to.

But Bo and Curtis Axel caught fire with the "B-Team" , way more over than expected, and they showed they deserved the screen time they were getting. The way Bo went all-in with the cheesy t-shirts, and "B is for Best" attitude resonated with the crowds who wanted to see them do well.

They are giving this the long build, which I think means that they have thought it through, and it likely won't be changed at the last minute to feed them to whoever the latest push might be.

Given how we feel about Bray, the WWE universe will probably be more patient with this than with any other angle.
    Good take.

And really, if it is the rumored group, that's a good mix. You have a couple guys who are very effective as bruisers who don't need mic time. You have people with some charisma in Gacy and Bo. And Alexa Bliss has been very successful in all her roles.

With the previously mentioned positive fan inclination, there's a better shot than average to succeed.

Champion of the Sun
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems one of the heavy rumors is that Bliss and Nikki Cross will both be in this faction. As someone who was actually a fan of their tag team, I'd love to see these two reunite as a creepy BlissCross Applesauce, and eventually take the titles. The women's tag division is so close to being good, with established teams like The Way, KCs, Unholy Union, Chelsea & Piper, Damage CTRL/Kabuki Warriors, and newer teams that are believable teams like Shayna/Zoey and Ivy/Maxxine. I really think BlissCross could help to carry the division.

But I'm also an unapologetic Nikki Cross fan, so never mind me if that all sounds crazy.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be interesting to see if the members of this faction get revamped/repackaged/renamed at all or if they retain their identities and just get some minor tweaks. Hopefully it's not a Retribution situation where everyone gets dumb new names and goofy-ass costumes.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My worry would be they enter into the Rhodes vs Logan match and attack Cody and Logan causing a double DQ or something so they keep their belts but are used in that way...

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nevermind scratch that didn't realise US Title wasn't being defended.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It'll be interesting to see if the members of this faction get revamped/repackaged/renamed at all or if they retain their identities and just get some minor tweaks. Hopefully it's not a Retribution situation where everyone gets dumb new names and goofy-ass costumes.
    I hope that it'll be more along the lines of what we saw with Alexa Bliss but then again there are some people that I think could use a total revamp. Joe Gacy for example. Retribution....You know I liked the look of everyone but I hated the names of everyone but Mace. T-Bar, Slapjack, sounds like throwaway comic book villain names that gets dusted by The Punisher in one issue. But someone like Dexter and I've never liked this guy but I like his look. I think that you shouldn't try to put the bunny costume or whatever on that guy. He's ready to go as is, maybe dye his hair black, something subtle.

My only hope is that the fans out there who are ready to immediately shit on this understand this is a marathon not a sprint type angle. I feel like there is definitely something very very interesting going on here that could pay homage while being it's own thing.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He doesn't need a bunny costume, but put a sheep mask on Dexter, and most importantly, keep him silent. They could get something out of what they have paid him for the past year for zero appearances.

Nikki Cross is reportedly a part of this revived faction. Did they ever do anything with her walk-around-like-a-zombie-trance gimmick?

I am not familiar with Joe Gacy. Any highlights I should look for?

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    He doesn't need a bunny costume, but put a sheep mask on Dexter, and most importantly, keep him silent. They could get something out of what they have paid him for the past year for zero appearances.

Nikki Cross is reportedly a part of this revived faction. Did they ever do anything with her walk-around-like-a-zombie-trance gimmick?

I am not familiar with Joe Gacy. Any highlights I should look for?
    Re: Nikki, they are doing this. This is what that was leading towards.

As for Gacy, he's only really started to shine since The Schism ended. His ring work was good enough during it but that gimmick sucked. His character's significantly improved since but he didn't do much outside of a decent feud and a couple fun matches with Dijak.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has this new Wyatt family debuted yet?

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Okay.

Did not see that at all. Good eye mthski!
    I read results very carefully.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Has this new Wyatt family debuted yet?
    Signs in the QR quote stuff are pointing toward the June 17th RAW.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's my question--Will they be heels? It feels like Judgment Day is about to wrap things up after a strong run and we might see Wyatt 6 replace them. Either way I'm genuinely intrigued by what could come of this. I feel like having basically a cult following the spirit of Wyatt is madness. Could be dope could be a dud.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel they'd have to be face, given how much love the crowd has shown Wyatt since his last run began.

Unless Uncle Howdy comes out and says Wyatt was weak and that's why he's no longer around.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm

I suppose the one thing I’d say is that though they’re related..is Bo Dallas going to be capable of a role that major? I’m not saying he isn’t but he only got to be the Uncle briefly before Wyatt died. I know he’s had roles on and off like B-Team lol.

It’s 50/50 how this will play out I think.
    Last edited by Badger; May 29th, 2024 at 5:47 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did Bo ever speak on-screen during his Uncle Howdy appearances with Bray? Of the rumored/expected group members I feel like Howdy should be a quiet leader, let someone else do the talking. Have Dexter break character and regularly speak, Joe can talk but can he get a big arena audience's attention or be drowned out by WHAT?! chants.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he spoke a biiit but not entirely certain tbh. Also Bray being such a “cultist”, for paying tribute, you kinda neeed a big voice but also get the reasoning for being quiet.

Will see how this goes.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy talked during those tron appearances while Bray was in the ring but I thought Bray was also voicing him, too...

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy talked during those tron appearances while Bray was in the ring but I thought Bray was also voicing him, too...

Yeah couldn’t remember if it was Bray or Bo tbh.

Hmm…wonder if there will be a “Sister Abigail” like character in this new stable too.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If Alexa Bliss is returning, she could/would be a great mouthpiece for this stable.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Moved the convo to the designated Howdy thread...

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were some dangerously undesignated Howdies previously.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have to remember when speaking about Bo is that he is a great talker. With wrestling I feel like it's similar to acting. There are guys who play it straight, comedy, evil, and there are some that just play the same note with a slight tweak and that's what we pay to see.

Bo has mainly been a comedy-ish type character but he's very well spoken both in and out of the ring so it makes me feel like he could definitely be the leader and the main voice. Nobody listed as a possible member really has the promo skills that jump out to me other than Bo. Gacy isn't terrible but everything he's done has felt like a really bad CZW gimmick which is what he is. Rowan, Cross, Dexter, zero skills. Bliss, if she's part of it I would imagine is going to be the defacto leader in terms of talking. She's one of the best on the mic of this generation.

Mentioned
    532 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surely you can't rank Lumis's mic skills that low.

Anywho, I agree with the Bliss thoughts. I think that's kind of the tough thing. Bliss is so charismatic that she basically becomes a leader of any faction. Think about how talented Bray was more than holding her own. Sometimes even outshining. That's a pretty high bar. Bo is good, but he's not to that level.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dexter speaks through his art.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree about Bliss. In prior interviews she has given, she admitted to being intimidated working with Bray because he was soooo creative, but she also said it forced her to always be at her best. She deserves a spot with the next iteration, even if it's as someone outside the group wanting to be a part of it. Bliss brought out the best in Nikki Cross.

Plus, Bliss is not as good in the ring as much of the rest of the women's roster. There's not much for her to do if not this.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rowan can talk. You're thinking of Harper...
    *ducks & covers*
    Last edited by mth; May 30th, 2024 at 5:30 PM.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rowan can most definitely talk. They just didn't want him to.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rowan can most definitely talk. They just didn't want him to.
    They did give Rowan that cage to carry around, and let him talk when he revealed he was carrying around a giant fake spider in it.

No argument against that it would have been better had he stayed silent.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, Rowan can talk we've heard him speak lol. But he's not the guy to carry the stick for the group. Dexter, anyone who saw him in TNA knows he can't cut a promo to save his life and not talking for the last 4 years doesn't make me think he's improved. Nikki you can barely understand unless you're Badger.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps we can get Badger an on screen role as a translator. But then would we be able to understand Badger?

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We do. Get some fuckin subtitles up for her and Noam Dar. This is why I don't listen to mumble rap.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All indications are pointing towards a "massacre" on RAW tomorrow. Don't know if anyone else has been following all the QR codes and clues and whatnot to chime in on any ideas how this shit's gonna play out. I've been watching a YouTube channel that's breaking down all the stuff but I'm trying not to fantasy book or have any expectations, just see what it is and judge it accordingly. I want to be optimistic, I like just about everybody rumored to be in the group and I like spooky stuff, but it's hard not to worry it'll just feel be a bunch of edgelord midcarders in Halloween costumes doing a bunch of wrestlecrap. Hell, I guess that's the appeal for me right there....
    Recent clues have people suspecting they'll get involved with Gable and Alpha Academy but I don't really want them mucking up that storyline as it's going so well as is and deserves it's own spotlight. Some people thought they'd go after Jey Uso 'cuz he "stole the fireflies" in his entrance which is kind of stupid.
    Last edited by mth; June 16th, 2024 at 12:37 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite the prolonged buildup I'm ready for the debut of the group. Like you, I too like most of the names rumored involved in this. I'm not one to shit on rumors before a storyline actually develops. I have the attention span to wait on judgment beyond someone's first appearance. What I do hope is that they have a bigger name that would end up being the actual leader of the group that is revealed in time, and I don't mean Uncle Howdy. Let him kind of be the group's on-screen commander of chaos, but the reveal being someone else.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    119 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    A higher power if you will?

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On what is probably a plus side, there are supposedly not going to be supernatural elements to the group. I think that might help prevent some things being as divisive/silly.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    Despite the prolonged buildup I'm ready for the debut of the group. Like you, I too like most of the names rumored involved in this. I'm not one to shit on rumors before a storyline actually develops. I have the attention span to wait on judgment beyond someone's first appearance. What I do hope is that they have a bigger name that would end up being the actual leader of the group that is revealed in time, and I don't mean Uncle Howdy. Let him kind of be the group's on-screen commander of chaos, but the reveal being someone else.
    I'm cool with the alleged names that are part of this. "A bigger name" like who? The way I see it, look at the Wyatt Family. Essentially 3 nobodies. IDK if the missing piece was a household name.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On what is probably a plus side, there are supposedly not going to be supernatural elements to the group. I think that might help prevent some things being as divisive/silly.
    Which is very intriguing because that's a key element in all of this Wyatt stuff. Especially with characters like Uncle Howdy and Alexa Bliss (in terms of her relationship with Bray) I think if they don't have some kind of supernatural element it's going to be odd.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Which is very intriguing because that's a key element in all of this Wyatt stuff. Especially with characters like Uncle Howdy and Alexa Bliss (in terms of her relationship with Bray) I think if they don't have some kind of supernatural element it's going to be odd.
    Eh. I prefer it being psychological rather than magical. Original Wyatt family was just a cult, brothers united in cause, and I think Bray was far scarier as someone with the charismatic ability to lure and brainwash people into his mission (that's how the "fireflies" started, that he was affecting the crowd itself) rather than when he started being a supernatural boogeyman thing. I'd rather see that approach with this group, as well, dangerous and scary because they are so loyal to their cause and their leader/family, etc.. I don't mind some bells and whistles for theatricality but I'd prefer they be more grounded. But to each their own. I love me a psychological horror flick as much as I love some good schlock.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the group can be creepy and scary without making it supernatural but supernatural works if it's not overdone and small elements work.

It could be glitches and it could be other stuff they do doesn't necessarily need to be appearing out of the darkness suddenly to attack a certain someone?

My opinion is if it's a darker character something ominous something coming from the darkness then it needs to be simple it needs to make us think and we are supposed to wonder when they pop up next... It's meant for us to be awe of what happens.

The tricky thing is once we've witnessed it and we've seen the characters and seen the spooky it's how long they can keep that gimmick going and keep us intrigued by them.

We'll see I guess I really hope it works and there's definitely a need for this group right now and I'm excited by it.
    Last edited by Jitters; June 17th, 2024 at 6:54 PM.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm cool with the alleged names that are part of this. "A bigger name" like who? The way I see it, look at the Wyatt Family. Essentially 3 nobodies. IDK if the missing piece was a household name.
    Who, I don't know. That's the thing I like about it, if it was my decision. Don't give away all the pieces at first. But then again, if they show us all the pieces and it's who has been teased I'm fine with it too. On their own I don't think anyone is really a top-of-the-card name/presence, but I could be wrong depending how it plays out. I'm excited to see what's being put out there from tonight on and how they present it. I'm seeing a lot of negative talk like the buildup has gone on too long but I don't see it that way. With all the teases, I hope six months from now it's something that delivered on its potential.

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From tonight I would like to see them I'd like them to show themselves but not get involved. Yet I would like them to just appear I'm expecting it to be like Bray at extreme rules really, anyone else?

He's got the whole world in his hands...

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No spooky shit would be a good start. Presenting them kind of like a cult following would be cool. Slow burn throughout the night with appearances backstage, background of something else going on in front of it.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have not liked any spooky Bray stuff in nearly 10 years, but that was fucking awesome.

Rowan, Bo, Nikki, Lumis and who was the fifth person?

Mentioned
    298 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Joe Gacy was the 5th.

That was pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was pretty goddamn cool.

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid Raw didn’t record! Will have to wait til 9pm to catch replay.

I am aware and could YT it but will wait to see the whole show.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how comfortable I feel about this. Seems similar to the Eddie Guerrero stuff in 2006.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Joe Gacy was the 5th.

That was pretty awesome.
    Gacy makes perfect sense.

i need some hi-res photos of those masks because it all looked badass

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Looks like the group name is the Wyatt Sicks (also spelled sick6)

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Greatest group in wrestling history. I'm ashamed for not having watched it live.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That was a great entrance last night

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So they're the Wyatt Sicks (6) but there's only 5 members...speculations are that either Bray is the spiritual 6th or that Alexa Bliss will round them out (perhaps as their true leader) by returning in her hometown at SummerSlam. I could see the latter, if that's when they make their in-ring debut as a group and she helps them win but I do appreciate the idea that's it's Bray (repped by the lantern itself).

Will be curious to see if they get new names (based on the puppets they represent?), what they actually wear when they wrestle and if they've changed their looks under the masks.

The intro was incredible. Now the real test is the follow up. This could be the hottest thing, the most intriguing, really must-see TV type shit...or it could fall off in a hurry...can't wait to find out...

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    That was a really good initial reveal.

Let Paul (and Bo) cook…

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I am curious, but I have been burnt by the Nexus doing the almost exact same thing except take out blood and add choke out an announcer then fire said choker who is also the best wrestler in the group. Anyway, my kid loved Bray so she is stoked, so I am happy for her. I do think Sicks is not a great name for a stable dedicated to a guy who passed away for Covid reasons. I see Pele's point, but I think the people involved in this will not allow the bullshit that was Orton saying Eddie was in hell and blowing up Eddie's car as thing. Even Randy hated that shit and didn't want to do it, so I think HHH will be more respectful especially if the shirts sells. As a wrestling toy collector, pre-order the entire stable now

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1. Alexa Bliss is charismatic and a great talker? - ah, good to come here for a few good laughs.....after all, laughter, the best medicine.

2. I also wouldn’t be over concerned with what these other members aside from UH are going to wear in the ring when ‘wrestling’
    Recent history would dictate that most of these folks will be simply accompanying the main protagonist to and fro the ring, yet seldom to never see action themselves.I would expect the majority of their use will come in REAL run ins and beat downs (as opposed to tonight’s hokey set up off camera)

3. I’ve never been the biggest Wyatt fan, so take this with a grain of salt. But I really thought the get-ups these folks, especially Rowan with the Bugs Bunny Just Met Dr. Jekyll rabbit mask, were just a tad too over the top for me.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sick6 is an okay name, as long as there are only 5 of them and they want to pay respect to Bray.

I am torn about Jey's reaction on the WWE extra, where he essentially gave up the fireflies in deference to this new group - he said he wants no part of them, he said he's glad he brought back the fireflies but this group can have them. We would expect a face to be unafraid of any challenge.

They probably won't be as good as Bray's Wyatt Family, but they can't simply be a copycat evil group either. I wasn't always a fan of how confusing Bray's shit was, but overall it was intriguing and different, and mostly just plain very entertaining.

The Undertaker recently talked about the advice Bray had asked him, and they talked about how both guys were very different from whatever anyone else was doing at the time. While they were different characters, they were alike in wanting/needing to evolve, and Bray had asked him about the best ways to approach fellow wrestlers about some of their ideas. I can imagine Bray's opponents weren't always thrilled with some of the stuff he was coming up with, so what's interesting to me is how much of this will be HHH's vision, and how much is based on Bray's former ideas, that he discussed with Bo about Uncle Howdy, and how much any of the other guys in the group will be contributing.

Since Gable was among the bodies strewn bloodied backstage, I wonder if he's taking time off, or if they rushed having Otis finally walk away from him. Otis walking away was so much less than the crowd has been building up to for the last few weeks - we really wanted Otis to pound away on Gable.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am fully on board with Bray as the spiritual sixth. Since the Fiend mask got incorporated into Mercy, they should carry the Bray dead face lantern thing to represent him.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Having reflected on it, I still feel this is in bad taste. Like they are taking advantage of Bray's death. Especially Bo Dallas. The guy was as over as a fart in a lift, looks like he is trying to use this to get himself over. Not cool.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Well Bo and Bray were going to be working together had Bray not gotten sick so he is really continuing with a character he was already playing. Not sure about the rest of it though. I mean I can see where people may think it is taking advantage but I think it is fine.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bo was literally rehired for this exact role almost 2 years ago.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    Having reflected on it, I still feel this is in bad taste. Like they are taking advantage of Bray's death. Especially Bo Dallas. The guy was as over as a fart in a lift, looks like he is trying to use this to get himself over. Not cool.
    Come on, this is a bizarre view. This is all about continuing Bray's legacy.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fact that Bray had Bo already in the mix before he died kills all this "Bo wasn't over he's trying to piggyback off his more successful brother!" The fuck?

The sad thing is 20 years ago we pretty much dealt with the same stuff when Eddie passed only that stuff was way more intense. We're 1 fucking day in and people are acting like this is Chavo and Vickie coming at Rey and Benoit for trying to piggyback off the death of Eddie. Or Randy saying Eddie was in hell. I thought that stuff was walking the line on being in bad taste.

The thing with Wyatt Sicks is that this paying tribute to the fallen cult leader, carrying on his message. That's why I think this is fucking awesome. And people who are worried about match quality-did you give a shit about Bray's match quality more than the presentation? if you did you probably weren't a fan of Bray to begin with and that is fine. Bray Wyatt, his character was not universally loved in fact a lot of people didn't and they hated his matches even more.

Automatically assuming this is about taking advantage of someone's legacy is just bad faith as the kids say. You're immediately thinking the worst like this is just some shit pulled out of thin air because Wyndham Rotundo is not with us. And fuck these people trying to say Bo Dallas wasn't over. The fuck he wasn't he was just never really pushed that hard. If that's all you care about is "Well they don't have a guy who was already a main eventer in the stable" Oh well. Not the point. That's like holding Cody Rhodes back because he never made it past the IC title scene.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bo continuing as Uncle Howdy feels right. I'm sure this is a sentimental project for him, probably a fun thing for him to carry on with, and there have been some things done in poor taste over the years but this isn't one of them.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The closest thing I can compare this to is that Randy Savage declined an induction for himself into the WWE Hall of Fame for years, as he wanted his family to accompany him (his father Angelo Poffo and his brother the Genius Leaping Lanny Poffo). Randy died tragicaly, and Lanny thought about it, realized he's the head of his family and the decision maker, so they inducted Randy posthumously, by himself.

Pretty much everyone agrees that Windham Rotunda excelled at creativity, giving us stuff we never saw before. This storyline will unfold differently now without Bray, but instead of looking at this as poor taste - think about how fans would be reacting if they DIDN'T somehow honor the fact that this was Bray's idea.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adding another “that was awesome” to the top of the pile. Well done and bring it on.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    1. Taylor Rotunda is the principal figure; I’d imagine he spent a fair amount of time listening to Windham brainstorm ideas, probably even has access to original writings.
    2. Joseph Ruud is back and hands on with the project, I bet he puts up a decent fight if he thinks Windham’s legacy is getting tarnished.
    3. Paul Levesque is calling the shots, he’s so far earned the benefit of the doubt.

Given these three are involved, I have faith this will be done properly.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Well Bo and Bray were going to be working together had Bray not gotten sick so he is really continuing with a character he was already playing. Not sure about the rest of it though. I mean I can see where people may think it is taking advantage but I think it is fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Bo was literally rehired for this exact role almost 2 years ago.
    Come on, this is a bizarre view. This is all about continuing Bray's legacy.
    That is all reports, I mean nothing was ever confirmed. Why touch Bray's legacy? He already has one and they could ruin it potentially. Just feels like Bo is trying to get himself over on his brothers grave, its not in good taste at all.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just when I think the iwc cannot get more dumb, romford posts this utter stupidity.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    And rom gives us another reason why you should never take anything he says seriously.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am getting a twitch. I have no words

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by hithit View Post
    Just when I think the iwc cannot get more dumb, romford posts this utter stupidity.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why, because leveraging someones death is all well and good with you? Get in the bin.

I felt the same about Eddie and when they brought up Reid Flair in the Charlotte/Paige feud as well. All horrible.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why, because leveraging someones death is all well and good with you? Get in the bin.

I felt the same about Eddie and when they brought up Reid Flair in the Charlotte/Paige feud as well. All horrible.
    You have to admit though that these are not the same as the Wyatt Sicks.......This stable/angle just started and we haven't heard anyone say "Fuck Bray Wyatt I'm glad he's dead" or "Hey Uncle Howdy, now that your real life brother is dead let's fight for the belt!"

People can say oh Eddie would've been cool with it, the Flair family were cool (sans the mom they didn't ask) with it. But this is not the same because Bray's death hasn't been used like that.

This isn't even Punk/Taker where Paul Bearer was used, or when they pretended to kill Paul lol. My only advice for people who feel the way you do is let's see what happens. Again, it'd be one thing if this came out of nowhere and to just completely assume Taylor had no say in anything while him and Bray were paired up is nonsense.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

these situations are not even at all comparable.

bray was part of the uncle howdy/ Wyatt six stuff before he died. This was his project. Bo is continuing his brother’s work.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Why are you guys bothering because he is clearly not getting it.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He's the scapegoat for all that think this way lol

You know what I really like? Nikki Cross look.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post

Mentioned
    372 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bo was already Howdy before Bray died. The Wyatt 6 was already planned before Bray died. All of this was going to happen before Bray died. If Bo wasn't employed or had some other unrelated character, maybe you'd have a point. As it stands, you do not.

I suspect the original idea was for Bray to eventually reembrace his dark side, align with Howdy, wear that new Fiend gear from the doc, and be part of this group.

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not kidding I was extremely aroused by Nikki Cross and her new look.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Half-Chubb or full?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not kidding I was extremely aroused by Nikki Cross and her new look.
    I approve of Nikki Cross, especially when she doesn't talk.

She certainly goes all-in. I was a fan of her Almost a Super Hero gimmick for that reason - her commitment is undeniable.

Mentioned
    459 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Being back Sanity, and have them feud with Wyatt Sicks, and Nikki is caughtninnth midelem

Mentioned
    150 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Half-Chubb or full?
    Full.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not as horrible as your stupid fucking takes.
    How about you get in the bin. Do us all a favor and stop posting here.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Not as horrible as your stupid fucking takes.
    How about you get in the bin. Do us all a favor and stop posting here.
    Get ready for some neg reps and if you give one back he will have a meltdown and run to the mods. Then he will do it again and report you again if you neg him. The mods will get tired of rom and punish you both for giving him a taste of his own medicine

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Get ready for some neg reps and if you give one back he will have a meltdown and run to the mods. Then he will do it again and report you again if you neg him. The mods will get tired of rom and punish you both for giving him a taste of his own medicine
    I don't give a fuck if he negs me. Dudes garbage. Used racist language, has his little meltdowns and baits people then cries about people attacking back. Fuck him.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Hitty for admin

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Hitty for admin
    Nah

But it is a really really awful take. Might be his worst.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdestiny View Post
    Nah

What'd I ever do to you?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't give a fuck if he negs me. Dudes garbage. Used racist language, has his little meltdowns and baits people then cries about people attacking back. Fuck him.
    Pathetic behaviour from you. Don't like someone's wrestling opinion? Dude is garrrrbage! You are a father aren't you? Start acting like it.

Seriously, grow up.

And Virm the Worm, you are still on ignore so STOP commenting on my posts.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdestiny View Post
    Nah

It is an awful take to think Bo is taking advantage of his dead brothers legacy? Right.

Mentioned
    308 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh my