Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2024 WWE Draft

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    So Cody is considered a SmackDown superstar now?

Intercontinental Champion VoidKitten's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Looks that way. Below are the more in depth rules.

RULES OF THE DRAFT

1. Champions on each brand will be protected and are not eligible to be drafted. As a result, Damian Priest, Becky Lynch, Awesome Truth and Sami Zayn will remain on Raw. Cody Rhodes, Bayley, A-Town Down Under and Logan Paul will remain on SmackDown.

2. Even though their status as champions allows them to go to both brands, WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Asuka and Kairi Sane are eligible to be drafted. They will be assigned to that brand if they lose the titles.

3. Friday’s SmackDown will feature four rounds of draft picks being announced. Each round will consist of the brands making two picks apiece for a total of 16 picks being announced (8 for SmackDown and 8 for Raw).

4. Monday’s Raw will feature six rounds of draft picks being announced. Each round will consist of the brands making two picks apiece for a total of 24 picks (12 for Raw and 12 for SmackDown).

5. SmackDown will have the first pick on Friday, and Raw will have first pick on Monday.

6. Rosters will go into effect on Monday, May 6, two days after Backlash France.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes because he won the title from Roman who was a SmackDown superstar

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I find it interesting that when looking at the draft pools that they left Rhea and Jimmy Uso off who are injured but Punk is still in a draft pool. Why not have Rhea and Jimmy in pools when you know they will be back unless they are going to do the whole free agent thing with them but that really doesn't make sense for Rhea who is going to go where ever Judgement Day is

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure he mentioned it in his first promo as champ.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He mentioned like the second time he was on Raw that the GM's were letting him do both shows until the draft if I remember correctly.

Intercontinental Champion VoidKitten's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    He mentioned like the second time he was on Raw that the GM's were letting him do both shows until the draft if I remember correctly.
    He did mention specifically that he was a Smackdown champion in one of the promos like mth is saying. Which isn't surprising.

My curiousity - I assume Bloodline will stay Smackdown and JD on Raw, but that leaves Netflix without Roman or Cody which you'd think they'd want one of them at least.

Then again what do i know.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep in mind a lot can happen between now and January. I don't think Cody will be World champion come Netflix. I think he's dropping the title at Summerslam. We're not going to a super long run from. I think he drops the title, but he will win it back before Mania 41.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Lame night one.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You saw the draft pool. It was obvious #1 contenders stay on show.

After free agents do far 8 switched brands officially. 7 if you count Sheamus. 8/23 super stars is about a third.
    Last edited by Bluegunn; April 27th, 2024 at 7:45 AM.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Keep in mind a lot can happen between now and January. I don't think Cody will be World champion come Netflix. I think he's dropping the title at Summerslam. We're not going to a super long run from. I think he drops the title, but he will win it back before Mania 41.
    I actually fully agree with this. Cody is best in the chase, rather than as a defending champ.

but who beats him? Gunther? Drew?

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gunther probably. Can only go up after the ic title.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    I actually fully agree with this. Cody is best in the chase, rather than as a defending champ.

I think that is really dumb. Cody is their best white hot babyface in decades. They let Seth have thing for a year and Cody can't keep it for 4 months, come on. Also, crap idea to run the draft when the real draft is going on and you don't really move anyone. I doubt the ratings for this will be any good. Should have waited til Monday and then do it with some actual moves.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    We don’t need back to back to back to back long ass title reigns. This is actually the perfect time to have some shorter title reigns.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Babyfaces always seem to shine brighter chasing a title. He could drop it by Summerslam, regain by Survivor Series, drop it again by the Rumble and still be in the chase again for WM next year.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Austin, Macho, Cena and Hogan were never hotter than when they had the title. The IWC has fallen in the NWA trap that having a heel champion have the same match for 6 years straight while they push and depush an entire locker room of faces. There is a reason WWE had red hot faces rode rough shot through the territories and was the last one standing. After that Vince's dementia kicked. Cody winning at Mania next year will not be as good as it is was at WM 40. Damien is not going to keep that belt long either let that be the hot potato title.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post

I watched a bunch of WWE in the lead up to Mania so I would have a decent idea what I was watching. Drew was far and away the best full time guy I saw in the lead up to Mania. I was rooting hard for him to beat Seth. He should get a run with Cody.

Obviously with Rock coming back Cody shouldn't lose any time soon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Austin, Macho, Cena and Hogan were never hotter than when they had the title. The IWC has fallen in the NWA trap that having a heel champion have the same match for 6 years straight while they push and depush an entire locker room of faces. There is a reason WWE had red hot faces rode rough shot through the territories and was the last one standing. After that Vince's dementia kicked. Cody winning at Mania next year will not be as good as it is was at WM 40. Damien is not going to keep that belt long either let that be the hot potato title.
    There's also a reason John Cena for example is a 16 time World champion. I don't want to dissect the 4 you brought up but I do agree that there was a shift probably around the time Triple H became a bona fide main eventer where, due to the brand extension, you had the "babyface territory" lead by people like Cena and then the other side would be your Triple H's, your Randy Orton's who were mostly heels dominating. But again, those 3 right there have what, 40+ World titles between them?

I'm not saying Cody isn't going to have a long reign, I just don't know if it's THIS run where it happens. I feel like this is a guy who you could have drop the title in the next 4-6 months but win it back and go into Mania 41 as champion, and DEFEND the title. Something he hasn't done yet and only a handful of World champions have in the 40 years of Mania.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am interested to see how the next part of the draft goes. No major shake ups per say on Friday. A couple NXT call ups. Kind of status quo keeping people where they were which honestly so far is fine with me. I do like seeing Isle Dawn and Alba Frye moving over to Raw. Maybe we will see them more since there seems to be more women tag matches going on over there.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tonight will be very interesting. Gunther going to Smackdown would be very interesting. I forgot the champions are off limits so there's no Sami to SD Logan to Raw trade going on-at the moment. See, they start doing that weird shit where backdoor trades get tweeted. Or like that one year where they traded Booker T and the Dudleyz for Triple H. At the time I hated it but now I'm like shit, imagine if you had Aldis say Pearce I'll give you 3 guys for Gunther...Shows Gunther is in even more demand than anyone else.

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rumor has Braun showing up.

Could be the 2nd Braun return I've been to. Dude loves returning in KC. My theory is whenever he's on the fence, they offer some Arthur Bryant ribs at the pre-show

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the draft was an acceptance that they're pretty happy with the rosters and the stories that can play out over the next year. Not much changed. They broke up the two never ending stable wars on Smackdown and not much else. Cody hasn't really got much competition on Smackdown currently, though I guess his big angles (Bloodline, Orton, Logan Paul) are there when they need them, but there's a bit of work to be done to get there. I guess the Styles feud carries on longer than a one and done. Raw gets the more stacked roster, particularly when Punk, Drew and Seth are back full time.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    More of a mix up of rosters last night. Overall I think a good draft. Some nice call ups from NXT. So lets see how this all plays out.

Mentioned
    519 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kinds my quick tier rankings on Raw and Smackdown after the draft:

This is kinda my list of who I could feasibly see work a PPV main event and/or have a sustained championship feud over the next 6 months or so

RAW Men:
    PPV Main Event Level
    Jey Uso
    Damian Priest
    GUNTHER
    CM Punk
    Drew
    Seth Rollins
    Sami Zayn

If things broke right;
    Bron
    Braun

Women:
    Becky
    Liv
    Asuka
    Iyo

Obviously Rhea bumps up if she returns in that timeframe

Smackdown Men:
    Cody
    AJ
    Orton
    KO
    Melo
    Knight
    Paul

If things broke right:
    Melo
    Solo

Women:
    Bayley
    Bianca
    Jade
    Tiffy
    Naomi
    Nia

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Been out of the loop a bit due to real life issues so just catching up.

I mostly like the picks but putting Bron on Raw away from a potential Heyman is a weeeeird decision. Sorry if that’s been covered but yeah just catching up on stuff and not read through everything here.

Carmelita getting drafted early is sweet af though.