User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official WrestleMania 40 Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As much of a bitch ass hater you are toward WWE I'm laughing that you're going to Mania.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    As much of a bitch ass hater you are toward WWE I'm laughing that you're going to Mania.
    3rd timer over here

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need to start fantasy booking WM41 and see who gets closest to that.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've been to 3 manias. 11, 20, and 29. Probably should have gone to 38 huh? Every 9 manias go to? Oh well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So we're a week away and still only 2 women's matches on the card. 8 men's matches, but 3 of them consist of almost the same people (Rock, Cody, Seth, Reigns). They haven't done a women's battle royal since Mania 34 so maybe this is where they're going to shove all the women not being used?

I mean, there's no fucking way Bianca Belair is left off the card it makes no sense. So I'm going to assume tonight we will probably get a 6-woman tag match announced with Bianca, Naomi, and Jade v. Damage Ctrl. I could even go for a Nia Jax v. Liv Morgan #1 contender's type match. Tiffany Stratton...if they do the battle royal it's hers to win.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    As a holder to tickets for Smackdown/HoF, Night 1 and World Sunday/Slammies. I get the feeling WWE is really trying to make Night 2, the really big show of the weekend. I will also say they need to drop fanatics from doing their live fan events, because this WWE World situation has been a clusterfuck. I was thinking of going to NXT, because its $20 to go and no one seems to care.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prayers have been answered and we are getting the trio of Jade/Naomi/Belair v. Damage Ctrl. So we're up to 11 matches over 2 nights and again, 3 matches will feature people doing double duty.....I still have hope Lashley won't be left off the Mania card 2 years in a row because they announced next week's Smackdown and they're nowhere to be seen. They even have 2 teams who will be wrestling in the 6-way ladder match on the show. But they also announced the battle royal so it wouldn't shock me if Kross and Lashley are in this and Kross wins, last eliminating Lashley.

No women's battle royal. So there will be several women not on the card and trust me, I get it. We're lucky to have 3 matches so far and 1 of them isn't a Tik Tok cat fight tag match. I just feel like maybe we're going to get a couple last minute match ups added. I remember back in the day like the early Manias you wouldn't know but maybe 4-5 matches on a 12 match card. I was watching Mania 6 the other night they had Koko B Ware v. Rick Martel, Earthquake v. Hercules, the top babyface team Hart Foundation had a random ass match that went 10 seconds lol. Pretty sure Mean Gene or Sean Mooney told us on the 30 minute pre show those were on the card.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had a conversation today that got me wondering ok - what’s the biggest Mania main event WWE could do next year? I say - Rhea Ripley being the first woman to main event against a man for the Heavyweight title. Fuck it.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Had a conversation today that got me wondering ok - what’s the biggest Mania main event WWE could do next year? I say - Rhea Ripley being the first woman to main event against a man for the Heavyweight title. Fuck it.
    Rock vs Roman. I love Rhea but you know for a fact that Becky or Charlotte would demand a title short first especially if one of their husband is champ. If Roman loses at Mania due to some Rock interference or one of Rock's Ghost of Future Past costing him the title, they will have an entire year to do build towards it. I would assume Logan Paul vs Cody could be it, but the more I see Logan, the more I see the problems with him. Yes, he is great for YouTuber Athlete, but almost every match has some weird thing where there is some botch that could have seriously injured someone.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Rock vs Roman. I love Rhea but you know for a fact that Becky or Charlotte would demand a title short first especially if one of their husband is champ. If Roman loses at Mania due to some Rock interference or one of Rock's Ghost of Future Past costing him the title, they will have an entire year to do build towards it. I would assume Logan Paul vs Cody could be it, but the more I see Logan, the more I see the problems with him. Yes, he is great for YouTuber Athlete, but almost every match has some weird thing where there is some botch that could have seriously injured someone.
    I can see it now, husband v. wife for the WWE Universal championship at Mania. Nothing says let's lose every sponsor we have by advocating husband and wife beating the shit out of each other.

The Rock v. Roman would be my answer.

I just don't know if it will be as big as it could've been. Cody coming back last year and beating Roman at 39 would've been huge. Roman could've won the title back from Cody in time to defend against The Rock at Mania 40. Goes over The Rock. But then I also like the idea that every 10 years it seems we crown that grinder of a wrestler as World champ. Bret-10, Benoit-20, Daniel-30, now Cody-40.

Rock v. Roman at 41 has to happen. Could even be a double retirement match.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can see it now, husband v. wife for the WWE Universal championship at Mania. Nothing says let's lose every sponsor we have by advocating husband and wife beating the shit out of each other.

The Rock v. Roman would be my answer.

I just don't know if it will be as big as it could've been. Cody coming back last year and beating Roman at 39 would've been huge. Roman could've won the title back from Cody in time to defend against The Rock at Mania 40. Goes over The Rock. But then I also like the idea that every 10 years it seems we crown that grinder of a wrestler as World champ. Bret-10, Benoit-20, Daniel-30, now Cody-40.

Rock v. Roman at 41 has to happen. Could even be a double retirement match.
    Rock vs Cody at Summerslam then Rock vs Roman at Mania would be my best guess right now. Perhaps Roman ends up costing Rock at Summerslam or something.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night 1 of WrestleMania:
    Rock & Reigns vs. Rhodes & Rollins
    Women’s World Championship: Rhea vs. Becky
    IC Championship: GUNTHER vs. Zayn
    Tag Team Championship Ladder Match
    Jade, Bianca & Naomi vs. Damage CTRL
    Uso vs. Uso
    Mysterio & Lee vs. Mysterio & Escobar

Night 2:
    Undisputed WWE Universal Championship: Reigns vs. Rhodes
    World Heavyweight Championship: Rollins vs. McIntyre
    WWE Women’s Championship: IYO vs. Bayley
    United States Championship: Paul vs. Owens vs. Orton
    Knight vs. Styles
    Philadelphia Street Fight: The Pride vs. The Final Testament

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Rock vs Cody at Summerslam then Rock vs Roman at Mania would be my best guess right now. Perhaps Roman ends up costing Rock at Summerslam or something.
    I was thinking Cody vs Orton at Summerslam or does that happen at Backlash?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a feeling we're going to get one more match announced on Smackdown for Sunday.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I have a feeling we're going to get one more match announced on Smackdown for Sunday.
    Please let it be Night 2, because Night 1 has seven matches and its going to be a high of 40 degrees. I am fine if its the quickest mania of all time.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jitters View Post
    I was thinking Cody vs Orton at Summerslam or does that happen at Backlash?
    I would say Summerslam if they were to do that. Bigger than Backlash and of course they have a legacy to fulfil lol.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Whatcha thinking for the match?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Whatcha thinking for the match?
    I just have a feeling it's going to be Liv Morgan v. Nia Jax. Yeah it'd be cool to get a youngblood like Stratton on the card but for some reason I feel like we're going to get Liv and NIa on this show. It's very male-heavy with the matches and there's only 13 matches total over 2 nights. 6 matches for a 3 hour show on Night 1.......They did 13 on 1 night for Mania 6 I believe with performances, with backstage skits in like 3.5 hours.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kind of be nice to bring back the battle royal for the women. I think there is enough not on the card to do one. Ivy, Dupree, Vahalla, Nia, Liv, Stratton, Candance, Indi, Zoey, Shayna, Green, Piper, etc. Plus bring in some women from NXT. Even if you did it on Smackdown like the Andre it gives them something for WrestleMania weekend even though i really wish they would go back to having the Andre on the WrestleMania care even if it is during the kick off show or something. hate that it is on Smackdown.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Naomi heel turn, as she turns on Bianca mid-match and aligns herself with The Bloodline.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    If Rollins retains, does Priest finally cash in (and become champion)?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think they crown Priest at 'Mania. He isn't like Rollins where he's one of the bigger singles acts on the card, he's been a tag guy for a while now. To me, they should park his cash in for a failed attempt at Drew at Clash in the Castle - the fans will absolutely bite at the ending after Cardiff, and would make it certainly the most memorable fail of all time. That the next PPV is MITB and they can spin straight into the angle of trying to regain the briefcase is even better.

One thing about 'Bloodline Rules' that I'm not getting is the logic gap of it essentially being No DQ. More people in the locker room hate the Bloodline than not. Surely they'll limit it to Bloodline members that can interfere, otherwise it makes them look stupid... or arrogant, which I guess is how they'll play it.

Predictions: Cody, Roman/Rock, Drew, Gunther, Logan, Rhea, Bayley, Jay, Dirty Dom and Escobar, Naomi/Bianca/Jade, Knight, Awesome Truth (and Waller/Theory if they split the belts), Lashley/Profits. Most on the fence over Gunther/Zayn, but I think there's mileage in the Gunther reign yet via the draft and new challengers.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might as well rename this the official Mania thread at this point...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there's gonna be shenanigans I'd rather they be one Night 1 main event tbh and not to have Bloodline Rules on night 2. Seems unlikely but think that match could be great with loads of shenanigans and then leave Roman with no one to back him up where he loses clean after a great match and that makes most sense to end Romans reign being he's won most matches with help.

It'll likely be the otherway round though which will protect Romans losing the title (like he needs it) and hurts Cody a little bit but I think most will be happy however way he wins it tbh.

Marketing wise I guess it'll have more people intrigued if loads of different people could potentially be involved in night 2 though.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You'll get your night 2 shenanigans and you'll like them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they can build a ridiculous two night story to pay off everything. To me, you need to have Bloodline rules, and they need to have Jay and Seth taken out at some point throughout the weekend. Then you have Sami take out Jimmy and Cena take out Solo, then either Stone Cold to take out Rock or keep just him there for the swerve or miscommunication with Roman. I'd love Sami to play a part in the end of the Bloodline, and Cena returning to stop the man that essentially retired him makes perfect sense. Austin doesn't make sense to the story, but it would play into the history of the business and particularly the last Philly 'Mania. And would be absolutely bonkers.

Mentioned
    520 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    If Rollins retains, does Priest finally cash in (and become champion)?
    I'm wondering if he fails. Furthering an eventual bloodline split

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really hope Cody fails and he turns full heel lol

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Off until Tuesday…the weed, drink and snacks are on. Let’s fucking gooo!!!!

To The Face
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I really hope Cody fails and he turns full heel lol
    I'd enjoy that. Heel, but a somewhat slow one. Turn him back into Stardust, kind of like a cackling heel version of Seth Rollins losing his damn mind.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When was the last time WWE had this kind of heat and momentum behind it going into Wrestlemania? The electricity tonight is going to be nuts, and the business they're gonna do will be massive.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Imagine going from wrestling John Cena to teaming with a loser the next year. You suck Austin theory

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Woods just brought back the consequences Creed attire

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    4 jobbers winning tag titles wtf @Triple H

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay my PPV predictions are fucked on that tag contest but will get over it. I bow to tee R-Truth!!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rey continues his tradition of looking like a knob in his entrance attire. Nowhere near drag queen peacock level but still...

Also Tyler Bates boots made me angry.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd leave my wife for angel garza

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When did Humberto and Angel get big gay matching tattoos

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This is the best show I've seen today

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What kind of parents name their child josh

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempest View Post
    Rey continues his tradition of looking like a knob in his entrance attire. Nowhere near drag queen peacock level but still...

Also Tyler Bates boots made me angry.
    Hahahahaafsfffffgghh!!!!!
    @Tempest for the commentators table!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like Roman and Rocks entrances are going to be longer than most of the matches so far

Ladder match felt awkward and the Uso match seemed to hit the go home drive way quicker than I thought it would

Also Balor looked like Priests sex slave on their entrance what the hell was that all about

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cargill looks terrified that she is going to get hit by Biancas hair

Not gonna lie they look like Destiny's Child

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I should have got in this thread sooner.

Enjoying the show so far.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of commercials on this show

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Carlsberg did wrestling finishes..Bianca would have pinned all three with that sault!!

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dakota…what a trooper. Doing her bit to put others over returning from injury.

Her own time will hopefully come.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gunther sucks and so does Sami Zayn so I'm on the potty

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gunther sucks and so does Sami Zayn so I'm on the potty
    I think we can let this go because Don isn’t getting Braun vs GUNTHER

*pats back*

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sami Zayn bearing Gunther is the most unrealistic thing in WWE history.

Mentioned
    146 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Gable should have been in that spot though.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally a good match

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I like Sami Zayn as much as others but c’mon…

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gable in another time would've got the Angle treatment

However, Sammy winning was a nice feel good. Makes me think that's the end of the feel goods for night one

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just now able to tune in to the show. I'll go back and watch anything that sounds decent. Very curious to see Ripley/Becky.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gable in another time would've got the Angle treatment

However, Sammy winning was a nice feel good. Makes me think that's the end of the feel goods for night one
    Co-sign.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    4 jobbers winning tag titles wtf @Triple H
    Transitional champs. Let Paul cook…

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God I used to hate these highlight packages.

Now that I'm a lapsed fan, I love them. I just saw EVERYTHING I needed to see.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami has been the underdog seller, then turned brilliant heel. He has had to turn the other cheek to the Saudi Arabia stuff. Comedy gimmick. Got himself and the Bloodine over. Defoiled himself for Jonny Knoxville.

I have lots and lots of love for Gable and sure he will have his moment. But Sami was the right choice, winner and ultimately better for business.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God damn Seth is terrible

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sgt Pepper and his tag partner the Fancy Pirate.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Sami has been the underdog seller, then turned brilliant heel. He has had to turn the other cheek to the Saudi Arabia stuff. Comedy gimmick. Got himself and the Bloodine over. Defoiled himself for Jonny Knoxville.

I have lots and lots of love for Gable and sure he will have his moment. But Sami was the right choice, winner and ultimately better for business.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Badger again.

Shows often I give reputation XD

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something not ever overheard from Seth Rollins in the costume department -

"...no. no that's just TOO much. Even for me."

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Blahahahaha now I know I have met drag queens with Seths outfit

It's like a queer clicker from last of us
    Last edited by Tempest; April 6th, 2024 at 10:17 PM.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ring announcer is a bit try hard isn't she?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay I officially hate this fucking woman

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When a wrestler points up...I mean...this is the guy

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Badger again.

Shows often I give reputation XD
    Spread about ten guys here and you may be able to give to me again….I think lol.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I hope night 2 is better than this

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This commentary banter is extraordinarily bad.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Omg Rock has SO much backne

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This main event is so boring.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This main event is so boring.
    I thought it got better as it went along.

Anyway tomorrow night should be good.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was way too long. If it went a reasonable amount of time that match would have been fine.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Star Ratings by me

Rhea/Becky 3
    Ladder 3.5
    Mysterio/Andrade v. Don/Escobar 2
    Jimmy vs. Jey dud
    Jade/Bianca/Naomi v. Damage Control didn't watch it
    Gunther v. Zayn 4
    Rock/Roman v. Cody/Seth 2.5

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah tag match was okay but ehhh.

Probs with things/stips like this is it pre-empts the outcome. The stip just seems to make it more obv Cody is winning.

But yeah overall great Mania first glad. See y’all for the second!!

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The bigger problem though is despite his Reigns of terror..he still feels like the odd man out.

Rock vs Cody this seems more like.

Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Press conference is fun. Roman kicked someone out for booing him.

Roman answered a question.

Heyman praised his answer.

Roman: "It came from my mouth." and that is the best line of the night!

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I was meeting a close friend and his new girlfriend. Cracking Australian bird who was displaying knowledge and was like “Yeah Wrestlers go to TNT.” Me: “What TV Channel?” Her: “No that place where they go to get better before going back. Me: “Hu….oh NXT?????” Her: “Yeeeeeah that’s it!” But yeah fit female wrestling fan.

But yeah well done to my friend for finding her first.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Three way Badger, three way.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought the main event tag was excellent tbh, easily the best match of the night.

Sami/Gunther was very good, the Ladder match was decent and Rhea/Becky was pretty good too.

Six woman tag and LWO stuff was just filler, served a purpose but didn't really care much for either.

Thought the Usos match was terrible. Was surprised they got the feud and match so wrong considering how much potential it had. Can't win them all.

Thought it was like a 6/10 show, maybes raised to a 7 due to he main event. Night 2 I think will be better.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thought the Main Event was great! Did not feel like the match was 40+ minutes and that's probably because the entrances alone were close to 20 lol. Thought The Rock looked good as well

Aside from the Usos match, I enjoyed the majority of day 1. Hopefully day 2 can match it.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Paid for Cock just to watch this show

- women’s title match was good
    - tag ladder was awesome
    - missed the lunch tag
    - women’s six man did its job
    - Uso vs Uso was horrible holy snot
    - IC title match fucking rocked my socks. I know ppl wanted Gable, but Zayn was the right call. I loved this match so much, both guys are so, so, so good.
    - Main Event was a mixed bag. I really enjoyed it, but it was soooo long. I had to break it up and finish it this morning. I can not believe how great this Rock return has been. Seth needs to step away for a bit and let people miss him.

can not wait for night 2.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I was excited for the show and very open to being positive about it, but I thought it was one of the worst Wrestlemania cards I've ever watched.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This was my kids’ first time watching Mania and they loved the Uso match and the women’s six-tag.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    I was excited for the show and very open to being positive about it, but I thought it was one of the worst Wrestlemania cards I've ever watched.
    I feel like it needed more Lil Wayne saying random words

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    "the greatest rapper of all time, Lil' Wayne" was definitely a highlight.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Star Ratings by me

Rhea/Becky 3
    Ladder 3.5
    Mysterio/Andrade v. Don/Escobar 2
    Jimmy vs. Jey dud
    Jade/Bianca/Naomi v. Damage Control didn't watch it
    Gunther v. Zayn 4
    Rock/Roman v. Cody/Seth 2.5
    Rhea/Becky **
    Ladder match **
    Mysterio tag **1/2 (extra 1/2 for the awesome double cross body spot off the apron)
    Jimmy/Jey DUD
    Women's tag also didn't watch
    Gunter/Zayn ***1/2
    Main event **1/4

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How was the ball dropped so bad with the Jimmy/Jey match? It started, I went to piss, and it was over.

My highlights;
    Rhea/Becky was ok
    Gunther/Zayne was a little better than ok
    and I enjoyed the main event for what it was

Card had no show stealing matches, and I think the crowd being frozen to death is really draining the electricity

The Rock should make the people's title become WWE's version of the UFC BMF title

Male ducks have an eclipse plumage similar to females that they wear after the breeding season for about a month as their new feathers grow. During that month, they are completely flightless and more vulnerable to predators.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I missed the Jey vs Jimmy battle of Uso supremacy as I was on the toilet after eating what I think was bad lasagna. Maybe it was the salad. Luckily the poo stopped and I was able to continue watching the rest of the Mania

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I'm BEGGING for shorter shows and shorter matches, both from WWE and AEW.

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    Rhea/Becky **
    Ladder match **
    Mysterio tag **1/2 (extra 1/2 for the awesome double cross body spot off the apron)
    Jimmy/Jey DUD
    Women's tag also didn't watch
    Gunter/Zayn ***1/2
    Main event **1/4
    rhea/becky ***
    ladder match ***.5
    Jimmy/jey -* for not only being bad but having the awful lol Wayne part
    women’s tag *
    gunther zayn ****.5
    main event ***

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am Kane
    Last edited by Defrost; April 7th, 2024 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night One was good enough but nothing really mindblowing.

Rhea/Becky was quite good but felt like a notch below that true top gear. Riptide into the corner was unique. Both had great attire.

Ladder match ticked all the boxes it needed to tick. Truth was a delight and very happy to see the man getting gold. Some nice big bumps and splitting the blets was the right move though I think they should have made it more clear that was happening as a marketing point.

Lucha tag match was fine but pretty mid. Not a fan of the dumbass football guys being involved but I get it.

Uso match was meh. Parts of it were good but it was relying too much on the emotional aspect which was just a lot of standing around with Jey staring at Jimmy which seemed to suck the air out of it. Kind of reminded me of that Stardust/Goldust match from awhile back. Think it really could have benefited from having Rikishi as the ref. Also, holy jeezus Lil Wayne....was that a joke that I don't get?

Six-woman was fine for what it was. Everyone's gear was fucking rad, particularly liked Asuka's paint, Naomi's entrance gear, and Jade's overall whole look. Would've liked to see a little more from Jade in the match itself but whatever.

Gunther/Zayn was excellent. MOTN. The right guy was in this spot, Gable turning heel and going after Zayn now is better.

Main event was too goddamn long. Could've easily cut it in half. Take out all the into the crowd/onto the ramp pointlessness near the start, just felt like stuff like that was filler trying to make it feel bigger. Lots of rough looking Cody Cutters. Really wanted Mama Rhodes to slap Dwayne at some point. Half of it was pretty damn good, though.

Less matches I'm interested in on Night Two so my interest is a little lower but hopefully the quality is still as good, if not better, despite that.

Mentioned
    297 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah that Uso match was not Bret/Owen that's for sure.

Main event could have cut the 10 minutes of the stall/stare bullshit Rock does and just start with the arena brawl. A hot issue like this and we're gonna stare around for 10 minutes? Fuck that, just get right into it.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah, and seeing Sami do the turnbuckle BRAINBUSTAAAAHH in WWE, and to big Gunth, was pretty wild.

Post Mania, Gable/Sami for the IC Title and Cody/Gunther for the Undisputed Title are both feuds/matches that I would be very interested in.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rikishi as the ref spot would have been fucking money.

I am happy for Jey and Jimmy finally living out their wrestling dream. But this sibling rivalry has been booked very poorly. For one, Jey has lost a lot of singles matches since coming to Raw but still putting on firestarter matches.

Jimmy as a singles star has achieved…[Craig Charles in Takeshi’s Castle]”Answers on a postcard please. As me old man used to say…’Why was Rikishi not more involved!@[/Craig Charles in Takeshi’s Castle]

Jey becomes the one guy to pin Roman clean in years and the booking is butt ugly. Jimmy is ever more being booked more like a bumbling comedic Roman sidekick.

Mentioned
    337 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Oh yeah, and seeing Sami do the turnbuckle BRAINBUSTAAAAHH in WWE, and to big Gunth, was pretty wild.

Post Mania, Gable/Sami for the IC Title and Cody/Gunther for the Undisputed Title are both feuds/matches that I would be very interested in.
    That brainbustaaa was…..

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post

sami saved the brain buster spot for 10 years. That’s how you fuckin do it