User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WrestleMania 39 Mega Thread

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah IDK how I feel about these matches. The weird part is the rumor is Alpha Academy is one of the men's teams but that doesn't make sense considering they're not really a team anymore.

Andy Kauffman is the latest HOF inductee. Long overdue. Seriously he should've been inducted 20 years ago. Whatever the reason for the delay, glad he's going in as he really was a gamechanger. So we have Rey Mysterio, The Great Muta, and Andy Kauffman. Rey is still weird to me but I'm curious who else is next.

Tag-Team has gotta be from the late 80's early 90's era right? Demolition are the obvious glaring omission. Neither guy is in it individually so that's why I'm taking out people like Brainbusters, Rockers, British Bulldogs....I wouldn't mind seeing Rougeau Brothers but there's a part of me that feels like Jacques deserves a solo induction. I was thinking about New Generation/Attitude Era teams. Dudleyz are in, you probably aren't seeing New Age Outlawz, Hardyz or Edge/Christian this year. If Sunny was in better shape I could see Bodydonnas going in but the sad part about the WWF is that when you look back, the tag scene wasn't that Hall of Fame worthy after 92-93. Many makeshift teams where people went on to much bigger things. I don't know if we'll see The Godwinns or Headbangers anytime soon but you never know!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah Kaufman should have gone in a long time ago.

I think Demolition needs to be in. I think there is a reason they are not in but I can't remember off the top of my head. Well a rumor about why they are not in. Going to have to poke around for that.

edit: Ax thinks it is because they were part of a lawsuit against the WWE.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    Yeah Kaufman should have gone in a long time ago.

I think Demolition needs to be in. I think there is a reason they are not in but I can't remember off the top of my head. Well a rumor about why they are not in. Going to have to poke around for that.

edit: Ax thinks it is because they were part of a lawsuit against the WWE.
    There are a couple stories. The concussion lawsuit is the glaring issue a lot of people point to when wondering why certain wrestlers aren't in and don't get a lot of love from the suits i.e. Raven, Demolition, etc. Bill Eadie aka Ax has had issues with WWE going back to 1991 when he left and he was still trying to use the Demolition Ax persona. I remember one day after school seeing him in GWF as Axis the Demolisher lol. One would like to think the WWE aren't going to hold a grudge forever especially a team of Demolition's status.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure where I put the Uso's/Sami & KO match. That may need to be night 2 to start the night.
    I think I'd have it starting night one, then you can have it be an underlying story for longer. I get the idea of it being a story over the course of the second night but you can let it breathe if it's on night one. I think opening is the move, regardless of which night you go with. Crowd will be hot and ready to go, then you have a buffer to go after that. Either way, having a hot opener will help set the tone for the evening.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I agree it needs to be the opener whatever night they go.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Card placement is crucial. There aren't very many matches to warrant 2 nights imo. We're looking at probably 15-20 minutes per match sans Lesnar/Omos. Owens/Zayn v. Usos could work as the opener for either night, it could work as the co-main for either night as long as the World titles change hands as well. If it's co-main the following match is going to lose out on some of the emotional ride. So you don't want Charlotte to retain over ultra entertaining Rhea and you probably don't want Roman winning UNLESS Zayn/Owens win the tag titles the match prior or earlier in the night.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now that they are actually building Charlotte and Rhea I am fine with it main eventing Night 1.

I am not sure where I put the Uso's/Sami & KO match. That may need to be night 2 to start the night.
    I wouldn't mind the Usos match & Reigns match happening on the same night. Builds tension in the group that breaking it up over two nights might lose a little bit of momentum, and instead it's all fresh and happened on the same show/day.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fatal 4-way tag match announced:
    Viking Raiders vs. Alpha Academy vs. Street Profits vs. Strowman/Ricochet

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    I wouldn't mind the Usos match & Reigns match happening on the same night. Builds tension in the group that breaking it up over two nights might lose a little bit of momentum, and instead it's all fresh and happened on the same show/day.
    I could see the Uso's dropping their belts in the opener, and then a few minutes later they have a backstage segment where Roman disses Jey, says "you disappointed me again", or even "I willl deal with you later". Or Roman sends a message through Heyman that Jey should not come to ringside because "the Tribal Chief is disappointed in you" Then Jey might stop Solo from giving Roman an assist in the main event, leading to Cody getting a victory. There are so many directions they could take, all of which lead to more great stuff down the road, and I am loving it.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Fatal 4-way tag match announced:
    Viking Raiders vs. Alpha Academy vs. Street Profits vs. Strowman/Ricochet
    I haven't really watched Raw the last couple weeks and just read tv reports. I thought Alpha Academy was basically split up. Or I am thinking wrong?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Cedric and Shelton?? Too bad they split up Toxic Attraction imagine them making their debut as a surprise 4th team in the women's match?

You have to think if there's nothing about Wyatt/Lashley tonight that the match is off. I would love to be a fly on the wall with this situation. 2 weeks since the last segment between the two, or really any mention of the match, and now we're 2 weeks from the show. Something is going on right now behind the scenes.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't really watched Raw the last couple weeks and just read tv reports. I thought Alpha Academy was basically split up. Or I am thinking wrong?
    Otis is being recruited by Maxxine, and AA hasn't tagged together in a while. In this situation, this should be a 'thank you' to Gable for everything he's done. He deserves to be on the Mania card.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I'd have it starting night one, then you can have it be an underlying story for longer. I get the idea of it being a story over the course of the second night but you can let it breathe if it's on night one. I think opening is the move, regardless of which night you go with. Crowd will be hot and ready to go, then you have a buffer to go after that. Either way, having a hot opener will help set the tone for the evening.
    This is what I think is best. Have the Usos lose to Sami/KO to start Mania overall and then you can sprinkle backstage stuff with the Bloodline throughout the two nights that builds to Reigns/Cody ending Night 2.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What about Cedric and Shelton?? Too bad they split up Toxic Attraction imagine them making their debut as a surprise 4th team in the women's match?

You have to think if there's nothing about Wyatt/Lashley tonight that the match is off. I would love to be a fly on the wall with this situation. 2 weeks since the last segment between the two, or really any mention of the match, and now we're 2 weeks from the show. Something is going on right now behind the scenes.
    Wyatt supposedly has some kind of "physical issue" and it's not anything from a creative standpoint. If Wyatt's out of Mania, I would've tried to get Lashley back on the card in some other capacity. Maybe add him to Lesnar/Omos...

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still don’t get why they aren’t doing the Lashley/Lesnar blow-off at Mania after their last match? Lashley had Lesnar struggling but Lashley still didn’t get his clean win. Lesnar has to save face and Lashley wants that clean win. The story’s not done yet they pause and throw them into thrown together feuds instead of continuing and climaxing a great rivalry at Mania.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be pretty odd if that was the end of Lesnar/Lashley. What a disappointing rivalry they've had.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    It would be pretty odd if that was the end of Lesnar/Lashley. What a disappointing rivalry they've had.
    Honestly don’t think the overall story has been that bad. Lashley not being taken seriously and chasing that clean win to the point that Lesnar had to take the coward’s way out.

It’s not that the rivalry’s been bad. Rather it was getting good then hit the pause/stop button leaving a bad taste in people’s mouths.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bray Wyatt is one of my favorite wrestlers of the modern era. The problem is that what makes him great is few and far between. He's been back for 8 months almost and we've seen him wrestle one time. Was he brought back as a way to simply keep him from going to AEW? Feels like it.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Was he brought back as a way to simply keep him from going to AEW?
    Very possible.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just don't see how you're not having this guy work matches on tv and even if he's dealing with an illness or injury it feels like 3 months in there was no real direction. I know they like to play the long game with that guy but holy shit it's like watching the Fellowship walking for an hour.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I guess instead of Bray, we can get Lashley calling him out, but he won't appear and we will get Alexa Bliss instead, who announces Lashley match is now against Uncle Howdy. Howdy comes down Lashley knocks his goofy hat off, chokeslams him. Before Lashley goes for a pin, Alexa low blows him and Howdy gets a cheap pin. Lights go out, and we will get Wyatt on the stage, not in the ring, just laughing.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope that doesn't happen because that sounds gross.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not against the idea of pivoting to Lashley v. Uncle Howdy. If Howdy is Bo Dallas-that dude can work. It can be a short match in the same vein as Omos v. Lesnar. If Wyatt can be there in any capacity (physically, pre-taped segment from home, etc) show him. This kind of reminds me of the Mania in Dallas where they weren't sure until the last second who could go. Remember they did that weird Rock/Cena v. Wyatt Family segment. Wyatt was supposed to wrestle Lesnar I believe but hurt his back, Ambrose slides in, yada yada.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I wouldn't be against seeing Lashley vs Howdy if Wyatt can't go so that way Lashley still has a match and you can keep building Lashley/Wyatt until Wyatt is able to go.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I wouldn't be against seeing Lashley vs Howdy if Wyatt can't go so that way Lashley still has a match and you can keep building Lashley/Wyatt until Wyatt is able to go.
    Exactly. If this is an injury or a non-life threatening illness, or even creative issues that might be able to get ironed out....keep Lashley on the card, keep the storyline going. I won't lie I'm not a fan of Lashley v. Bray Wyatt. I don't think Lashley has any business being in a character driven storyline like this. I prefer Lashley as the more realistic athlete with the Hurt Business if necessary. The Sami Zayn feud, the Lana/Rusev stuff, now this....It doesn't end well. The fuck are they even doing with Wyatt, the LA Knight feud was an odd choice, the winner of Lesnar/Lashley--why??

You know who I would've put him with? Karrion Kross. Especially if you want to bring Alexa Bliss into this you could have co-ed matches. We praise Triple H and his team but I feel like dude is in over his head.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything that directly follows Usos vs. Sami/KO is in trouble. That pop and crowd engagement is going to be fucking massive. This is one of the most memorable long-term storylines we've had.

There was an aspect of this I was thinking about that really resonates for whatever reason. The Bloodline is the obligation of Family/Loyalty. Jey's promo from the other week hit this point. He could never choose Sami.

Meanwhile, Sami and Kevin is about the Family you do choose.

So, fuck balance. Nobody is following this well. Make it the main event of Night 1.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Exactly. If this is an injury or a non-life threatening illness, or even creative issues that might be able to get ironed out....keep Lashley on the card, keep the storyline going. I won't lie I'm not a fan of Lashley v. Bray Wyatt. I don't think Lashley has any business being in a character driven storyline like this. I prefer Lashley as the more realistic athlete with the Hurt Business if necessary. The Sami Zayn feud, the Lana/Rusev stuff, now this....It doesn't end well. The fuck are they even doing with Wyatt, the LA Knight feud was an odd choice, the winner of Lesnar/Lashley--why??

You know who I would've put him with? Karrion Kross. Especially if you want to bring Alexa Bliss into this you could have co-ed matches. We praise Triple H and his team but I feel like dude is in over his head.
    Yeah I mean am not a fan of this match up either for Lashley and would like something else like you said. Hopefully this just ends up being a one match thing once they have it and Lashley moves on to something else.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I mean am not a fan of this match up either for Lashley and would like something else like you said. Hopefully this just ends up being a one match thing once they have it and Lashley moves on to something else.
    Lashley deserves a spot on Mania. He's been a focal point of WWE for the last 3 years and the last year he was side by side with Seth Rollins as Raw main eventers.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lashley deserves a spot on Mania. He's been a focal point of WWE for the last 3 years and the last year he was side by side with Seth Rollins as Raw main eventers.
    Totally agree.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Anything that directly follows Usos vs. Sami/KO is in trouble. That pop and crowd engagement is going to be fucking massive. This is one of the most memorable long-term storylines we've had.
    If they want the match to just die, the women's spotlight match, or whatever it is going to be called, should follow the tag title match as an opener. If they went with the fatal 4-way men's tag match, I bet it'd be okay. You've got enough people in that match that are going to keep people interested (Ricochet, Ford, Gable, etc.).

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah probably a good idea for a cooldown match.

As for whether KO/Zayn vs Usos should open/close N1 or open N2, there’s valid cases for all. I personally like the idea of them opening first with possible Jey tension after the inevitable dressing down from Roman then seeing what happens in Cody/Roman but cool with any of those options really.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Announced on Smackdown: John Cena versus Austin Theory will open Night One.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Announced on Smackdown: John Cena versus Austin Theory will open Night One.
    Interesting.

My initial feeling about the early placement means we have a new champion here. The crowd pops hard for Cena as the first superstar out there in the main show, is happy with the result. If they were going to strap the rocket to Theory by pinning Cena, the match would most likely be higher on the card…

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This has been a really well built 'Mania, women's bouts aside. That they showed patience with even the Mysterio build, when the temptation is often to hit the big angle early, is a huge positive. That felt huge last night. Likewise with the Usos vs. Owens/Zayn. I think most of us had called that in November, but why rush to the announcement. The twists and turns in that one were immaculate. I'm almost sure they're going with it as the day 1 main event as well, as they'd have announced the night for Charlotte/Rhea already if it was nailed on, and if there's been any doubt of what the main event is, there isn't one now. Although I would be tempted to run a Night 2 of Usos/KOZaynia, the Men's showcase, the IC triple threat, Mysterio/Mysterio, Bianca/Asuka and Reigns/Rhodes and push for best show ever territory.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to think Lashley is going to win the ATGBR this year after being one of the top names on Raw for the last year and his Wyatt feud fizzling out for whatever reason. I still don't see why they couldn't do something with Lashley v. Howdy, maybe Alexa Bliss and Bray could've shown up on the Titantron or something. I guess we'll see.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have to think Lashley is going to win the ATGBR this year after being one of the top names on Raw for the last year and his Wyatt feud fizzling out for whatever reason. I still don't see why they couldn't do something with Lashley v. Howdy, maybe Alexa Bliss and Bray could've shown up on the Titantron or something. I guess we'll see.
    The whole Wyatt thing feels weird that there's no way to salvage anything from it.

Who knows.

I don't hate the rumors that they are trying to maybe book an LA Knight thing to salvage it. If you need to throw something together quickly, there are worse options

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only way to salvage anything with Wyatt is to reveal everything immediately. Transform into the Fiend, bring Alexa Bliss, and start being more active. Moving forward don't have a bunch of filler segments that lead to 9 months of nothing. But right now we need everything out on the table--Wyatt's evolves, Bliss returns, Howdy maybe sticks around as Wyatt's tag-partner. Maybe add some more people like Kross and Scarlett. Or feud with them. That seems to be the missed opp. That should've been the Mania match-but in hindsight I guess we wind up in the same spot?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Lashley and Knight totally deserve to be on the show, so I'm all for it. It'll be a squash type situation, but that's fine.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This looks like the final card, for now:

- Liv Morgan & Raquel Rodriguez vs. Natalya & Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler vs. Chelsea Green & Sonya Deville: Women's Fatal Four-way Showcase Tag Team Match
    - Braun Strowman & Ricochet vs. The Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy vs. The Viking Raiders: Men's Fatal Four-way Showcase Tag Team Match
    - Brock Lesnar vs. Omos
    - Edge vs. Finn Bálor: Hell in a Cell Match
    - Trish Stratus, Lita, and Becky Lynch vs. Damage CTRL
    - Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs. Logan Paul
    - Rey Mysterio vs. Dominik Mysterio
    - Austin Theory (c) vs. John Cena: United States Championship Match
    - Bianca Belair (c) vs. Asuka: Raw Women's Championship Match
    - Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Rhea Ripley: SmackDown Women's Championship Match
    - GUNTHER (c) vs. Sheamus vs. Drew McIntyre: Intercontinental Championship Triple Threat Match
    - The Usos (c) vs. Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn: Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Match
    - Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cody Rhodes: Undisputed WWE Universal Championship Match
    Last edited by BGMaverick; March 27th, 2023 at 9:55 PM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy knows I've been updating the card right?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Lashley and Knight totally deserve to be on the show, so I'm all for it. It'll be a squash type situation, but that's fine.
    I was watching Mania 30 last night. Incredible show. They spent 20 minutes on an opening segment with Rock, Austin, and Hogan. I think they could squeeze in something with this 2. Reward them for having to deal with Wyatt.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    I think they can throw Wyatt vs Lashley somewhere. Its crazy a Hell in a Cell is going to be on the card and not the main event. This Mania does feel supersized compared to the recent ones. Usually why they do this, it tends to fall off at some point. Rhea/Charlotte can Main Event Night One because people are going to be cheering Rhea anyway. I have a funny feeling all the Bloodline stuff will be night 2. The tag match opens the show, some backstage shenanigans maybe some takes out a few member of the Bloodline like Bobby or LA Knight then we get the main event. If Cody doesn't get then there was zero point not to put the belt on Sammi. The internet seems to be siding with letting Roman to win to get to that magical/nonsensical 1000 days in May. Cody has also been torched in promos of late with Roman, so he really needs some momentum going into Mania. I think they need Cody to take out Paul or something that shows some fire. I am hoping that the shows are good, but I got a weird feeling after KO/Sammi, no one is going to care much about the rest of the card.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    Its crazy a Hell in a Cell is going to be on the card and not the main event.
    you say that like there hasn't been three other cell matches at manias before that didn't main event either.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    I was watching Mania 30 last night. Incredible show. They spent 20 minutes on an opening segment with Rock, Austin, and Hogan. I think they could squeeze in something with this 2. Reward them for having to deal with Wyatt.
    100%.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in two minds with Owens/Zayn vs. The Usos. I think it SHOULD main event night 1, but wouldn't be opposed it opening night 2, bookending the show with the Bloodline saga, and pushing for best show ever status. Worst thing would be for it to go anywhere before the main event on night 1, as it'll be nigh on impossible to keep anybody engaged afterwards. The day 2 crowd would stay up for it as the main event would still be to come, but the night 1 crowd wouldn't. For me, Charlotte and Rhea isn't hot enough to main event anyway. Yes, it crowns a new star, but it may be to her detriment if the crowd is less responsive.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I'm in two minds with Owens/Zayn vs. The Usos. I think it SHOULD main event night 1, but wouldn't be opposed it opening night 2, bookending the show with the Bloodline saga, and pushing for best show ever status. Worst thing would be for it to go anywhere before the main event on night 1, as it'll be nigh on impossible to keep anybody engaged afterwards. The day 2 crowd would stay up for it as the main event would still be to come, but the night 1 crowd wouldn't. For me, Charlotte and Rhea isn't hot enough to main event anyway. Yes, it crowns a new star, but it may be to her detriment if the crowd is less responsive.
    Since the opener is set for night one, I'd either have it main event night one or open night two. It's not ideal for the death slot or anywhere in the middle because it will deflate what's after it, minus the main event of night two. I think Rhodes/Reigns could work through it because I imagine it'll be a methodical match, but I wouldn't those back to back.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    I swear it's been confirmed that Rhea v. Charlotte=Night 1 main event, Cody v. Roman=Night 2 main event. We know Cena v. Theory opens night 1, but who opens Night 2? I would give that to the Usos/Zayn/Owen. You can start off hot. Have a little something with the Miz and whoever after to kind of cool their jets, bring it back with Seth v. Logan.

This card kind of reminds me of Mania 20 with the 2 random ass tag team fatal fourways. Those were actually really good. I feel like both of these matches are just going to be 10 minutes of everyone doing their signature spots especially the women.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought they confirmed Seth v Logan is on Saturday, Logan's birthday.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite often, they bring out the HOF inductees to re-set the crowd after an intense match. It would not surprise me to have them open with Usos/KOZaynia then bring out the HOF inductees, have Dom interrupt them and immediately go to Rey v Dom.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Reigns/Cody should open night 1.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I thought they confirmed Seth v Logan is on Saturday, Logan's birthday.
    Oh yeah that's right I had a moment there.

Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Quite often, they bring out the HOF inductees to re-set the crowd after an intense match. It would not surprise me to have them open with Usos/KOZaynia then bring out the HOF inductees, have Dom interrupt them and immediately go to Rey v Dom.
    That would be awesome.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    you say that like there hasn't been three other cell matches at manias before that didn't main event either.
    Those had Undertaker in them which besides the Bossman one were big deals, Edge/Finn is not that big of a deal.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Legendary ref Tim White will be inducted into the WWE HOF receiving the Warrior Award posthumously as he passed last June

There are guys that just belong and this is the reason Warrior wanted this award created. People like Tim White who did more than just count a 3.

Those had Undertaker in them which besides the Bossman one were big deals, Edge/Finn is not that big of a deal.
    You're fuckin high. A feud that's been going on for at least a year culminates in a Cell. I would go as far to say this is the most worthy HIAC at Mania of all time. Even more than that "I need to do everything Shawn did!" match Trips had with Taker. Will it be a better match? Maybe.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    This has been almost a year long feud. Fuck off with this shit. It is a big deal.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Legendary ref Tim White will be inducted into the WWE HOF receiving the Warrior Award posthumously as he passed last June

There are guys that just belong and this is the reason Warrior wanted this award created. People like Tim White who did more than just count a 3.
    Love seeing this

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the card looks pretty good. I might have to watch.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well chuffed on Tim White getting the Warrior Award.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dumb post of the day goes to you

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Night 1

Cena vs Theory US title
    Flair vs Rhea Smackdown women's title
    Uso's vs KO/Sami tag title
    Becky, Lita, Trish vs Damage CTRL
    Rollins vs Paul
    Rey vs Dom
    Men's showcase match

Night 2
    Roman vs Cody wwe universal
    Bianca vs Asuak raw women's
    Gunther vs Drew vs Sheamus IC title
    Edge vs Balor HIAC
    Lesner vs Omos
    Women's showcase

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How I would structure the nights -

Cena/Theory
    Damage CTRL/Becky, Lita, Trish
    Men's Showcase
    Paul/Rollins
    Rhea/Charlotte
    HOF Segment
    Mysterios
    KO-Zaynia/Uso

Lesnar/Omos
    Women's Showcase
    McIntyre/Sheamus/GUNTHER
    Asuka/Bianca
    HOF Segment
    Bálor/Edge
    Rhodes/Reigns

Not fully enthralled with the order of night 2 at the start but I think it works. I imagine HIAC happens late to give the nighttime vibe.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Balor/Edge HIAC can close the loop on the story of Edge and Judgment Day. I forgot until I looked it up that it really began with Edge vs. AJ at Mania last year, and Priest showing up during the match to get things going with the build for the group. I don't know that Balor is the guy who should be in that match, rather see it be Priest since he joined him first but this will be a damn good match and tell a good story. I hope Balor gets the win with some sneaky shit without interference from the group, especially with him taking on the Demon persona for this.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good God these cards are dire. I cannot imagine caring about any of this other than Cody vs Reigns.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    Good God these cards are dire. I cannot imagine caring about any of this other than Cody vs Reigns.
    Not enough Japanese names and 16-star matches for your liking?

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    Not enough Japanese names and 16-star matches for your liking?
    I liked the first night last year a lot. There's nothing like that this year.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    the tag match is appealing to me. plus lesnar/omos. i can imagine it will end up not delivering at all but brock lesnar vs. a giant freak is never not going to tickle my fancy at least a little.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i dont want to watch both nights so i just wish cody/roman, the tag match, lesnar/omos and the mysterios match were all on night 2. oh well.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched a thing on Twitter and it looked like Omos had no idea how to take a clothesline. He's been there for years.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like when non-WWE fans speak on how "dire" something is before it happened. At least make it make sense. Defrost is the type of cornball who will say an album sucks other than the radio hit despite never hearing the entire album.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SO dire lol.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good God these cards are dire. I cannot imagine caring about any of this . . . .
    I should start posting this on every NJPW card you post. That'll show 'em.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Defrost there's TOO MUCH STORY. If these matches were all announced 2-3 months ago and nobody wrestled until then it would be the best WWE card of all time.

I assume if the card was nothing but 3/4-man tag matches where the story was "They've been wrestling each other since they were young boys!" It'd be more up his alley.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he’s like a vegan who sees lots of meat on the menu and decides it’s shit lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just think if you're going to respond with "I liked last year's night 1" maybe wait to watch the show before being a dork about WWE. We get it, dude doesn't like WWE. But don't come in here with the only match you want to see is the main event and nothing is worth checking out because it's not a bunch of multi-man lariat fests.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spots I want to see or expect to see:

- Trish turning on Becky and Lita
    - A dual finish attempt by Ford and Ricochet as they go for From the Heavens and a 630
    - Falcon Arrow & Phoenix Splash by Rollins
    - Zayn and Owens hitting the 1D on the Usos
    - GUNTHER taking a Claymore and Brogue Kick
    - Disaster Kick or Cody Cutter into a Superman Punch.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For Defrost there's TOO MUCH STORY. If these matches were all announced 2-3 months ago and nobody wrestled until then it would be the best WWE card of all time.

I assume if the card was nothing but 3/4-man tag matches where the story was "They've been wrestling each other since they were young boys!" It'd be more up his alley.
    Lack of star power is really my issue.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Spots I want to see or expect to see:

- Trish turning on Becky and Lita
    - A dual finish attempt by Ford and Ricochet as they go for From the Heavens and a 630
    - Falcon Arrow & Phoenix Splash by Rollins
    - Zayn and Owens hitting the 1D on the Usos
    - GUNTHER taking a Claymore and Brogue Kick
    - Disaster Kick or Cody Cutter into a Superman Punch.
    No big spot in the HIAC? As I said previously, I'm hoping for Dom to unmask Rey.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just saw on WWEShop.com that there's WrestleMania x Snoop Dogg merch. Did I miss something? Is he scheduled to appear/perform?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No big spot in the HIAC? As I said previously, I'm hoping for Dom to unmask Rey.
    Not sure what spot I'm envisioning for that. I think the spots will be the entrances themselves.

I just saw on WWEShop.com that there's WrestleMania x Snoop Dogg merch. Did I miss something? Is he scheduled to appear/perform?
    He's on the main poster, for some reason.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we're just going full ultra troll. The biggest names in WWE that came post-Attitude Era are on the same card. Cena, Lesnar, and Reigns. While Tanahashi is over in the D-league wrestling Jerry Garcia's 120lbs great grandson. I guess that's what was missing.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How I would structure the nights -

Cena/Theory
    Damage CTRL/Becky, Lita, Trish
    Men's Showcase
    Paul/Rollins
    Rhea/Charlotte
    HOF Segment
    Mysterios
    KO-Zaynia/Uso

Lesnar/Omos
    Women's Showcase
    McIntyre/Sheamus/GUNTHER
    Asuka/Bianca
    HOF Segment
    Bálor/Edge
    Rhodes/Reigns

Not fully enthralled with the order of night 2 at the start but I think it works. I imagine HIAC happens late to give the nighttime vibe.

I like the idea of a HOF segment on both nights - if one of them is hijacked by Dom, give the other HOF inductees their moment in front of a huge crowd.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now we're just going full ultra troll. The biggest names in WWE that came post-Attitude Era are on the same card. Cena, Lesnar, and Reigns. While Tanahashi is over in the D-league wrestling Jerry Garcia's 120lbs great grandson. I guess that's what was missing.
    Cena is wrestling the rapist's latest lame project, Lesnar is wrestling a log, and I conceded that I was interested in the Reigns match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cena is wrestling the rapist's latest lame project, Lesnar is wrestling a log, and I conceded that I was interested in the Reigns match.
    Yakuza.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You do realize Theory was a thing even before he was on the main roster right?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You haven't been paying attention to Austin Theory if you're dismissing him so easily, and "Big Match John" Cena will bring out the very best in him.

I am most looking forward to Sheamus/GUNTHER/Drew, but the Dom/Rey match has me excited for the payoff to the storyline. Rhea and Charlotte will tear it up. There is too much talent in the men's 8 person tag showcase match for it to disappoint.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I guess they are not mad at him for showing up on Dynamite however long ago that was. They were selling that Snoop/Undertaker stuff and like the next day after he was on Dynamite basically promoting a show he was doing with Cody they pulled all the merch.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only really dip in and out of WWE these days as I'm so fucking busy with work and family but even setting aside the Bloodline stuff (which has been phenomenal) I think objectively this is the best card in many, many years.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy said he liked Corbin v. McIntyre more than Drew v. Gunther v. Sheamus. Let that sink in.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so The Miz tweeted something at Snoop and has his custom belt or some such nonsense. So I think we can expect Snoop to waffle him at Mania at some point.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the card is easily the best of the 2 night era, and the build has been great too. 35 was epic in fairness and would have been an all timer if it wasn't so fucking long. I think both nights have potential to reach top 10 status, which I'd say every one between 32 and 35 never stood a chance purely down to editing. If you can't enjoy it in its entirety live due to length, it can't be up there.

In terms of the fabled 'great match', the tag title bout, Reigns/Rhodes, both women's title bouts, the IC Title match and Rollins/Paul should all be spectacular.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goddamn. I want Konnan to give every induction speech from now on. That was classic.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost go time.

Which match do you think is going to surprise people?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Almost go time.

Think the expectations are so low for it because everything else is amped up, so I think the Men's Showcase will deliver. There's nothing on the line for this, which stinks (just make it where the winner gets a future championship shot), but the fact nothing is on the line here probably makes it transitionary for the audience. It's hard to see this match fail with Ford, Ricochet, and Gable in there. If it gets a decent amount of time, I think it's going to be a pleasant surprise.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When everyone loves the 5 minute Brock/Omos match, because it's got 15 big ass suplexes, huge people flying over the place, a Brock moonwalk, an f5 off the top rope, and a shooting star press off a cement mixer
    Some of you gonna be pretty embarrassed.
    Last edited by Mazer; April 1st, 2023 at 7:27 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Belair/Asuka.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by casselmm47 View Post
    Goddamn. I want Konnan to give every induction speech from now on. That was classic.
    I call him the scarecrow because he's best in his field. I agree Konnan was great.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Belair/Asuka.
    That one's to be interesting. I don't have as many set expectations going in

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ultimate heel move by the Wish kids would be ripping off any Cena gear and revealing Austin Theory shirts underneath

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think the expectations are so low for it because everything else is amped up, so I think the Men's Showcase will deliver. There's nothing on the line for this, which stinks (just make it where the winner gets a future championship shot), but the fact nothing is on the line here probably makes it transitionary for the audience. It's hard to see this match fail with Ford, Ricochet, and Gable in there. If it gets a decent amount of time, I think it's going to be a pleasant surprise.
    Chad Gable's voice: Thank you.