Thread: Mt. Rushmore (Present Day)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany

Mt. Rushmore (Present Day)

I am unsure if this has been done before but I was listening to busted open and they were talking about present day mt. Rushmore. Meaning wrestlers that are active across the flat earth as we know it.

With that in mind....who are yours?

1. Bryan Danielson - the man just knows wrestling better than almost everyone else and he can cover and go with just about any style. Well above average on the mic and you know you are getting everything he's got any time he is in the ring.

2. Seth Rollins - much like bri he can basically just do it all in the ring. He has created a character that is so awful and over the top crazy it just works on every level. Mic work os great, sense for the business is top notch and he is pure entertainment every time he is on the screen. It is an extremely rare exception when he has a bad match and even then, that's usually booking.

3. Roman Reigns - I won't lie. I had a tough time putting him here. I was thinking about his part time schedule and just felt that warranted a deduction of point. Yet, in saying that, the man has just evolved into the top tier talent alongside the greats. His heel work has been next level, his matches are good. He's learned to tell stories with just his facial expressions. Reigns is now, imo, on the same level as Cena, rock, etc. Therefore, he had to be put on.

4. Chris Jericho - I have always been a fan of his since I first saw him in WCW. While a big fan when he got into the main event picture there was something just a little off. I never felt at the time him going over stone cold and rock in 1 night was the greatest idea. However, Jericho has always answered every challenge put in front of him. From seamlessly adapting character changes to even stealing the list from Sheldon Cooper Jericho just continues to make himself relevant anywhere he goes. When the time comes and he calls it a day can he make the all time Rushmore? It's definitely up for debate.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I have the same four guys, Virm took the words right out of my mouth.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You guys yanking my chain with Chris Jericho, right?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm going to stick with just top North American talent as I'm not as versed outside of these promotions like others.

Roman Reigns, Becky Lynch, Seth Rollins, and Jon Moxley.

Roman is a no-brainer and anyone who questioned putting him there...immediately stop posting and give up on wrestling. It's like thinking Austin or Hogan barely deserve a spot.

Becky Lynch. The total package for women's wrestling. She can talk, she can work, great look, sells merch.

Seth has gone from standard indie guy influenced by AJ Styles and Hayabusa to a guy who can make damn near anything work. Everything he did in 2022 was on point.

Jon Moxley has carried the AEW banner with pride. Do I wish he would give Dante Martin at least one win? Yes. But other than that nobody has represented what AEW should be about better than Jon Moxley. Great talker, good in the ring, gets the job done better than almost anyone in that company. It hurt not putting Danielson or MJF in this spot but I had to give it to Mox.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman

Bryan Danielson

MJF

Seth Rollins

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    GUNTHER

Roman Reigns

Seth Rollins

Bobby Lashley

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman Reigns

Daniel Bryan

GUNTHER

Seth Rollins

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Tetsuya Naito, & Kenny Omega

Mentioned
    506 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Based on personal exposure, I'm limiting to North America. In order of obviousness:

Roman Reigns - The biggest, perhaps only true draw, star out there. You can build a company around him.

Charlotte Flair - I'm surprised she's not on more lists. She's the most decorated and the most all-around performer.

Bryan Danielson - Al-time in ring performer. And I would argue that he's had more all-time "moments" that people will remember for decades than most others in consideration. The run up to and culmination at WM 30 almost by itself puts him up near the top.

Here Becky, MJF, Bianca, Moxley, Jericho...all deserve consideration

But I'm going with

Kenny Omega - Kenny was really the "face" of a new Wrestling promotion, and he is in many ways the template for a successful career outside of WWE. And he's had a lot of memorable moments and a time where he was ranked at the top of the profession.

Apologies to Dana Brooke, Eddie Kingston, DanHausen, Omos, and of course Hook. I just ran out of time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey I wanted to put Asuka on my personal Mt Rushmore of who I enjoy but just looking at it as a whole, I think Asuka and Charlotte fall short in the drawing part. It's kind of like why Macho Man, HBK, Bret Hart, guys like that who don't wind up on the "GOAT Mt Rushmore" because people will factor in how did they draw compared to their peers. But they'll throw Hogan there in a heartbeat.

Female Mt Rushmore of the modern era, say the last 10 years, definitely. Of all time? I'd put her there one day I think. Same with Asuka.

I also like the fact that 10 years ago how many Mt Rushmore (present day) would feature a woman? We had some really good female wrestlers in WWE, TNA, etc. but who was putting Gail Kim or AJ Lee on their Rushmore with Cena?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reigns
    Becky
    Danielson
    Omega

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm going to stick with just top North American talent as I'm not as versed outside of these promotions like others.

Roman Reigns, Becky Lynch, Seth Rollins, and Jon Moxley.

Roman is a no-brainer and anyone who questioned putting him there...immediately stop posting and give up on wrestling. It's like thinking Austin or Hogan barely deserve a spot.

Becky Lynch. The total package for women's wrestling. She can talk, she can work, great look, sells merch.

Seth has gone from standard indie guy influenced by AJ Styles and Hayabusa to a guy who can make damn near anything work. Everything he did in 2022 was on point.

Jon Moxley has carried the AEW banner with pride. Do I wish he would give Dante Martin at least one win? Yes. But other than that nobody has represented what AEW should be about better than Jon Moxley. Great talker, good in the ring, gets the job done better than almost anyone in that company. It hurt not putting Danielson or MJF in this spot but I had to give it to Mox.
    I think it's fair to question Roman. Mainly due to his part time status. Yes he is present but no where near as much as the others. Same goes for Orton and brock. With orton's injury he is put of sight and our of mind but he is definitely going to be making a lot of lists of all time bests. Same goes for brock. As early as tonight he could be considered current bit he's obviously not around enough for a current list. Brock also will make many all time best lists including Rushmore. I mean I guess I should have counted on a Nash patented over reaction response

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I think it's fair to question Roman. Mainly due to his part time status. Yes he is present but no where near as much as the others. Same goes for Orton and brock. With orton's injury he is put of sight and our of mind but he is definitely going to be making a lot of lists of all time bests. Same goes for brock. As early as tonight he could be considered current bit he's obviously not around enough for a current list. Brock also will make many all time best lists including Rushmore. I mean I guess I should have counted on a Nash patented over reaction response
    I'd laugh too considering one of us posted a novel about why they are done posting here yet here you are.....

Overreaction or just reacting to your stupidity? Is Hulk Hogan disqualified because he wasn't on Prime Time every week? The fact you or anyone would question Roman Reigns considering he's the biggest draw in the industry is comical.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd think Roman Reigns would be the one person everyone would agree would be on Mount Rushmore of modern wrestlers.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well it's not cool to acknowledge (no pun intended) the top WWE guys. And not just the top guy in terms of champion, but the top draw. It doesn't even matter about look. How many people, including yourself, said that Bryan Danielson/Daniel Bryan was only over because of the Yes chant?

Defrost not putting Roman on his Mt Rushmore was expected as he doesn't acknowledge the WWE's existence. At least he didn't give some lame reason like "Oh he doesn't show up as often as others" So what? I guess my problem is growing up in the 80's and 90's plus being a fan of other sports I don't expect to see Roman Reigns every week wrestling. It waters you down. Had I not been such a Moxley fan I would've left him off and put MJF in his spot but I feel like we're talking about more than just 2022 and MJF didn't set the world on fire until late 2021 imo. Moxley wrestling all the time exposes his lackluster ability but he's been the ace of AEW since the start. Fuck Jericho.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'd laugh too considering one of us posted a novel about why they are done posting here yet here you are.....

Overreaction or just reacting to your stupidity? Is Hulk Hogan disqualified because he wasn't on Prime Time every week? The fact you or anyone would question Roman Reigns considering he's the biggest draw in the industry is comical.
    And yet another. That's some more good comedy mr. Jordan.

I'm sure you probably got up from the keyboard, looked in your mirror and told yourself what a wonderful job you did today while eating your 52nd twinkie of the day.

Brock is back. Obviously he should be on present day.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    And yet another. That's some more good comedy mr. Jordan.

I'm sure you probably got up from the keyboard, looked in your mirror and told yourself what a wonderful job you did today while eating your 52nd twinkie of the day.

Brock is back. Obviously he should be on present day.
    Mr. Jordan?

It's ok to be triggered. Remember, one of us cried a river and had to take a moment away from the bad mods. The fake segway into Brock is even more hilarious than questioning whether Roman should be included. Was Lincoln on Mt Rushmore because of all the wars he fought?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    How's it fake? He is back and he's one of the best. Take your insulin, it's making you say crazy things.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please don't criticize those of us taking insulin, or any meds for that matter.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let him get it out of his system he'll shoot himself in the foot eventually he's built a house of out how many bricks he's dropped trying to come at me.

I'm more concerned with that lack of women being mentioned. Come on guys let's show some support!

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alexa Bliss
    Becky Lynch
    Charlotte Flair
    Chris Jericho

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged