User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ROYAL RUMBLE 2023 (+GAME OF DEATH)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched some of this, prob first WWE PPV in about 3 years I think. Enjoyed the men's Rumble, thought it was booked pretty well from what I've read on what's been happening. Sheamus v Gunther to start which played ont hem having a great match last year, then both going long and Gunther going till the death. Dude looks like he could be a huge star so smart to make him the highlight of this match.

Built up several possibilities for Mania:

Gunther v Brock which was done well, limited interaction but tease that the crowd digged.

Obviously also have Lashley v Brock there as well or a monster triple threat match.

Rollins v Lashley too.

Edge v Balor/Judgement Day

Dominik v Rey (which seems to have been int he works for ages anyway.

Braun v Omos - though this sounds pretty shit tbh.

Haven't been watching so maybes some of these have already been done mind.

Sets up Cosy for his big win though I have a feeling he's not gonna last long before the crowd turn on him ala in AEW. His self righteous Cena-lite gimmick just isn't likeable in the long term but they can get a good feel good moment cashing in on it at the right time. What's the odds on them having Rollins take a title of Reigns at Elimination Chamber. Seems like if they want a. Swerve that's the kind of match they can get the belt of him withouthim eating a pin if they don't want him wretslinh both nights.

Bray v LA Knight was pretty shit as those kind of gimmick matches usually are. Suppose it can be forgiven as it's story heavy and Bray hasn't wrestled for years.

Bianca v Alexa was awful.

Fell asleep during the women's match so will go back and finish the show off tonight.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a very casual fan, watching the men’s rumble made me think that entrance songs have gone downhill. Now most of these wrestlers i simply don’t know, so that’s no one’s fault. But the guys like Seth Rollins, Brock lesnar, Bobby Lashley that I do know, I feel their entrance songs are not as pop worthy as the old tunes like Austin, Vince, shane, rock, triple h, angle, cena, edge, etc. I like mcafee’s theme, and new day’s theme isn’t bad, but most of the new ones are forgettable.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    As a very casual fan, watching the men’s rumble made me think that entrance songs have gone downhill. Now most of these wrestlers i simply don’t know, so that’s no one’s fault. But the guys like Seth Rollins, Brock lesnar, Bobby Lashley that I do know, I feel their entrance songs are not as pop worthy as the old tunes like Austin, Vince, shane, rock, triple h, angle, cena, edge, etc. I like mcafee’s theme, and new day’s theme isn’t bad, but most of the new ones are forgettable.
    Rollins has the most over theme song in the wwe.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From inside the arena….

I marked out before the word go…… literally. Love McAfee. Hope he is back for a while now before he is ultimately back on Gameday next year. I listened to the commentary when we got back to the AirBNB of Coke and Graves. So much fun.

Men’s match was fine. I wish Cody hadn’t come out at 30, because he had already been announced so it’s not like you’re using that spot as a surprise. With that said, the excitement obviously ramped up as soon as 29 came out cuz you just knew who it was. And it led to a damn good pop. Everyone loved the Booker T entrance, he came in, did some stuff, spinaroonie, and out. You really don’t need much more from him anymore. Gunther and Sheamus put in some damn good work, Lesnar elimination and rampage was fun. Logan Paul is what he is, so far, great in small doses. Him and Seth should be a fun Mania match. I’m over the “Kofi saves himself” spot. Just let it be done.

The Pitch Black match was…. Interesting. They didn’t have a long one obviously, and was fine with that. We def got “tricked” because in normal light Brays makeup looked like it was just around the eyes, and then the match hit and the black light showed off rest of his face when he did his corner spot. I didn’t hate the florescent everywhere, that was fine. The only thing I think our group really mentioned was maybe not the Mtn Dew logo in the ring. The branding everywhere else was fine. It was a little hard to see in arena, but plenty of large screens that showed the action just fine. As for the stuff after, I saw mentions in different spots of “lol Bo/Howdy missed” to which i Kinda just…. Shrug? So he landed next to him jumping from a decent height. With the initial cameras angles they were showing, and especially with the whole fire thing after, I wouldn’t be surprised if that was on purpose. But I digress…

Womans match was shorter than I thought, but I think we kind of put that up to Men’s Rumble going long. It was fine for what it was, just shorter than we expected. We did have a laugh because they did the whole video thing after the match for Alexa, lights went out everywhere….. and instead of something else happening we got an Applebees commercial in arena. Not sure if that was the same for streaming, but we found it funny.

Womans Rumble match, again, a fine match. We were surprised when Rhea was 1, not so much Liv at 2 cuz we had seen little snippets where Liv had said she wanted to be someone who set Womans Rumble time record. I did like seeing Zoey in there doing well. Michelle had been shown in the audience before so I wasn’t surprised she was in, just that she was still in the crowd going “wait, me?” Chelsea Green…. I mean I laughed. Thought it was funny way she came in and right back out. Becky obviously got a huge pop. Raquel did as well, and the audience was bummed when she went out. I marked hard for Piper Niven actually BEING Piper Niven. Asuka coming out closer to being Dark Asuka… I know MTR had talked about it before the event, and you knew something was up when she was still wearing that large mask so far down aisle. Was a good reveal with a good reaction. I liked the ending as well, also ballsy by Rhea to be hanging there the whole time. My only real gripe with the woman’s Rumble was…. Beth had already been out there and attacked Rhea earlier in the night. So what happened? She decide “eh good enough” and decide not to even try to screw Rhea out of the Rumble?

the main event match….. match was fine. Not their best, still good, but the ending is what we call cared about. We expected a turn. Didn’t know who it would be onto whom, but SOMETHING was happening. And when it did, it was beautiful. Everything after the match was glorious. From the tease that Sami would turn at first, to Roman pushing on over the line, to the turn itself. And it was LOUD in there when the chair hit. What I didn’t expect, and what I loved and really wanna see what happens, is Jey looking the way he did, and then walking out.

Storylines can be so good when they are done so well

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, lumping Seth’s theme into that when 95% of the audience sings along as he conducts them probably goes against your point here.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Night and day compared to last years effort. To think that they literally had nobody announced as entrants last year who had been booked to have a chance was mind boggling. While Cody was the favourite, guys like GUNTHER, Lashley, Rollins, Lesnar, Theory, McIntyre and Sheamus went in with actual momentum and looked like stars in the match. Played off loads of angles, set things up, and expertly positioned Cody as the conquering babyface without having to do a whole lot, by having all those over heels and a career rival in there for him at the end.

Bray Wyatt stuff, confined to a match, is always bollocks. His shtick doesn't work in a wrestling context. Not that it doesn't belong on a wrestling show, but it's a concept that dies with the bell. So just don't bother presenting him as a wrestler and let him be a spooky wizard winding the wrestlers up if you have to. Just keep him with undercarders.

Belair vs. Bliss did a job. I don't buy Bliss in ring either so if she gets sucked into the pantomime then fair enough, she's good at it.

Women's Rumble showed there's work to do, as most of the girls brought back in the Trip regime are pretty cold acts. The women need an IC/US Title really. It's a big leap to buy a Tegan Nox or Mia Yim being a threat without a vehicle to get them over. After all, most of the female stars they have have got there through the NXT title. Right woman won, right acts were protected, I hope they pull the trigger on Belair vs. Ripley and not splinter them, as to me that's THE match for the women.

Final angle was a masterpiece. Potentially the best of the century, honestly. The context and how it's evolved so organically, not just through the lineal storyline but how history has woven into its fabric throughout and the very natural segways into how we are where we are. That pop! Then Jey's reactions. Owens' selling. How much of a bastard Roman is. I get the want for a Reigns vs. Zayn 'Mania finale, but I don't see it as an essential ending like Bryan winning at 'Mania 30. Zayn has never show any aptitude to win the world title. He hasn't shown any contempt to Roman. He just didn't want his best mate to die. I wouldn't complain as it would be HOT, but Roman vs. Cody and Usos vs. Owens/Zayn is the play for me. Roman vs. Sami in Montreal, Jey in the Sami role last night but sides with the family and assists in killing Sami.

Feels good to actually have interest in the 'Mania card building for the first time in years. Interested in how the Chamber goes too. Presumably just the other women's title to fill, but there's always been 2 matches historically. And I don't see an interesting Charlotte singles match other than Rhea, though Bianca is easily the better option for her. Ronda takes Becky out pre-match, cementing the heel turn and leading to Charlotte vs. Becky vs. Ronda 2?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    Rollins has the most over theme song in the wwe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Yeah, lumping Seth’s theme into that when 95% of the audience sings along as he conducts them probably goes against your point here.
    Fair. I did some incorrect lumping of him into my point. The point still stands, but I’ll move seth over to the “good themes” category. I forgot what his was.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I see on Wikipedia that Jim Johnston was released in 2017. A shame.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My idea for the main event would've seen Sammi get knocked out during the match, being carted out of the arena to avoid the confrontation that occurred at the end. Throwing Jey into there to walk off really gives this all another piece to focus on now, especially with Sami & KO out for this week at least. But with EC three weeks away things need to happen fast. Enough time between six shows to either reel Jey back in, or consider him part of the problem.

Assuming it's Sammi & Reigns main event we probably get a beatdown scenario with KO making the save and running off the Bloodline, reuniting and there's your tag match for Mania.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I see on Wikipedia that Jim Johnston was released in 2017. A shame.
    Don't forget about them getting rid of CFO$

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Music has definitely gotten worse since then. There's not many good themes nowadays. The hook is definitely what's lacking, you should know from the first bar who's coming out but few standout like Rhea's, Bianca's, Seth's etc. At least Theory has that A-Town bit at the start. Some of them are crap for the big time too. Gargano's for example, fits a niche audience but it doesn't hit in stadiums. You could hear a rat piss on cotton when he came out.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    Gargano's for example, fits a niche audience but it doesn't hit in stadiums. You could hear a rat piss on cotton when he came out.
    Well that's because they changed his and the remix stinks. It was perfectly fine as it was before.

As @kdestiny noted, CFO$ had a fair amount of stinky ones but a lot of the NXT themes were pretty good (Owens, Zayn's original theme, Roode, Nakamura, Gargano, Ciampa, Undisputed Era, etc. etc.).

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I miss the Undisputed Era

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    There is a real gulf between this crowd losing their minds for Cody and all these people I see on the twitter and whatnot bitching about the hollowed out husk of El Generico not being in this.

Sami is not Bryan Danielson.
    You are right He's better.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    I miss the Undisputed Era
    All of us, who are all about the boom, do.

You don't choose the boom life. The boom life chooses you.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s a lovely guitar riff.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami is a great performer but he is absolutely not someone to build the company around. We've circled into the 'everyman' winning it every so often, and the moment very often hurts the whole picture. Bryan admittedly we don't know in absolutes as he was injured soon, but the Kofi reign was pretty poor and killed off Smackdown as a viable alternative to Raw that year. It's a 'then what?' scenario, when you take the underdog out of the bottle and have them beat the last boss, you can't reclaim the authenticity of the journey to that point. And Sami is more like Kofi than Bryan in that he doesn't have a protected main event run in his history. Last Wrestlemania he lost to Johnny Knoxville and a giant mousetrap. It's ridiculous to run that push past a heroic stand in a losing title bout. Him and Owens winning the tag titles is big enough.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Main event post-match was one of the greatest WWE segments... possibly ever. Just incredible stuff.

Rest of the show was a mixed bag. Some good (Gunther and Ripley's spectacular performances), some bad (Pitch Black match), plenty in the middle. 7/10 show.

I don't know where we go from here - I'm torn. Cody's story is a good one and some people are forgetting that. This has been his Rumble the moment we saw him take off his entrance gear at HIAC last year. But this Sami/Bloodline story has been something else. Some people suggested they should change course entirely and just go with Sami over Cody. That's not happening and nor should it.

They could try and do both. Split the titles and have Reigns defend twice. Simply have Heyman point out that the Rumble winner has traditionally had to choose which title he wants to challenge for. Pearce confirms and obviously Cody picks the WWE title since that what it's all about for him - to win the championship his father never won. And then you have Zayn challenge for the Universal. Will Reigns wrestle twice? Unlikely. Will he lose both times? Even less likely. But they could do it.

Sami's story isn't really about titles anyway though. It's about remembering where he comes from, standing up for his old pal and getting revenge on Reigns. He and KO topple the Usos on Night One and he/they interfere on Night Two to help even the odds for Cody against Reigns. That should do it.
    Last edited by Ringo; January 29th, 2023 at 4:58 PM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Postmortem assessment of the lay of the land:

Stock Up
    - GUNTHER
    - Judgment Day
    - Asuka

The IC champ is clearly one of the best call ups in recent years. The company has done work to redevelop the importance of the midcard titles and GUNTHER has played a big role in that. We now have to wait to see what happens for him at Mania. The two options feel like Lesnar or a triple threat with Sheamus and McIntyre. Anything less than those two options feel like a hiccup for him. He should be even more of a threat this time next year. Judgment Day is thriving as Rhea is going to be in a money Mania match, Dom is likely going to be going up against his father, and Bálor & Rhea likely have a mixed tag match on the horizon with the Grit Couple. Asuka floundered for the last several months and came back with a vengeance at the Rumble. Less being a number to help even the odds, more being a badass.

Stock Down
    - Karrion Kross
    - Bray Wyatt
    - The depth of the women’s division

Kross hasn't really been able to do much on the main roster. He had a feud brewing with Mysterio. Kross ultimately lost that match clean and did pretty much nothing in the Rumble. It's either a very down cycle for him or a prelude to fading into oblivion. Wyatt continues to be put in situations where the bell rings and we just don't know what the hell is going on. I don't hate the attempt of trying something different with what they did at the Rumble. It was just a swing and a miss though. The fact we went from October to late January to get to his first televised match is a stretch, as well. He can talk and keep you intrigued but there's got to be better payoffs at the end. Triple H did wonders with the women's division in NXT and it just hasn't been the same since he took control of the main roster. He's assets there but it's a lot of clutter behind them. They've really got to work to revamp the importance of the division to get things flowing better there.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind guys like Kross coming in, getting an early push then getting moved down the card. He doesn't have it. None of it. But he's big enough, articulate enough and polished enough to at least be a credible body to heat up and get beaten by the bigger stars. I'd merge his stuff with Wyatt's and have that be like the broken universe stuff.

Interested to see how they match up the women. You feel Asuka should be heated up for a title shot. But that leaves Becky, Ronda, Bayley, Liv and Raquel out in the cold. Maybe match Becky and Ronda one on one.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The women need an IC/US Title really.
    I fully support this idea.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The women need an IC/US Title really.
    Great point, agree wholeheartedly. Not sure why it hasn’t been done already.

A medium through which to test their legs as a singles champion before being dumped into the deep end would be extremely beneficial.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see it, but to be honest I’m not sure how it’ll work out in practice or if they have the depth and be given the TV time for creative to invest in it. They barely invest TV time in the women’s tag team championship as it is (eg the Naomi/Sasha situation) since usually it’s the same few teams competing at any given time with recycled matches. Sky and Dakota are the current champions but they don’t have a current feud of their own for their belts. They’re extras in the Bayley/Becky feud. I’d like to see more development on that front.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    After almost a day removed, I have to say it was a good PPV, not great...just good. The problem is that the order of the matches seemed weird. They should have put the women's match on first, then one of the rumbles, BlackOut, another Rumble and still keep the men's title match as the end. I thought the Bray stuff was fun. It was actually fun to watch the neo fight, it was new and different. Bray looked crazy awesome and Knight was always going to job, but I think he looks good doing it. I do think they need to get to the point of this Wyatt 6 sooner than later.

I disagree with Sami, can't be THE GUY. Anyone can be the guy if the wrestler has the charisma, the fans are with the wrestler and the story is there. All boxes are checked with Sami. I know Cody is the new guy, but the reality is Cody has a good record as a hot face that cools off quick or can come off like an asshole. Cody needs to get into the Bloodline story now, not after the Chamber, but now. If he comes into the final act of the Bloodline as the great White Hope who has no real meat other than it is doing it for Dusty. Usually, that would be good enough, but not with this Bloodline story. We don't need him vs Seth unless its due to the Bloodline. This story has been one of the best stories of any era. Sammi should be given a lot of credit for this being as epic as it is. A few months ago, this storyline was boring AF. After Castle, it was beginning to look like it would never be interesting. Now, it is the only story that matters in wrestling. Roman has been fantastic and seems revitalized thanks to this new twist. I don't think fans are going to go all in on Cody when Sammi, Kevin and even Jey could be the ones that storyline wise should end it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Final matches in Royal Rumbles should be a royal rumble!!!!1!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    Final matches in Royal Rumbles should be a royal rumble!!!!1!

I don't think the audience would have had anything left in them had the bloodline segment went before.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Don't forget about them getting rid of CFO$
    If i remember they didnt exactally get rid of cf0$.

They wanted the wwe to buy out there contract but there record lable wouldnt let them so they disbanned

Or am i remembering it wrong

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    The Def Rebel remixes of classic CFO$ themes (which I assume the likes of Asuka, Gargano, Bliss and Strowman all are) are all dreadful. Almost entirely lose the charm of the original themes. Definitely hampers enjoyment of recent WWE shows. Crazy because when AEW started they were so far behind with themes but they're miles better overall now.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jey’s evidently quit the Bloodline on Instagram just by writing “I’m out.”

Interesting they did it that quick rather than wait for Raw/SD. If they really go through with that and he isn’t talked back in, how will they address the tag title situation? Guess Solo could take his place.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Probably have to wait until smackdown for any bloodline resolution. I doubt Roman will be there, if no roman i dont see a reason for solo, and Sammy and ko need to be off tv to sell the beat down. Be weird for jey to just randomly travel to raw, a show he's not technically on, all by himself.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Possibly but this is WWE after all who conveniently forget there’s a roster split when the storyline suits.

At the very least I could see them mentioning on Raw to advertise a segment on Smackdown.

Cena Era Fanbase
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sami is a great performer but he is absolutely not someone to build the company around. We've circled into the 'everyman' winning it every so often, and the moment very often hurts the whole picture. Bryan admittedly we don't know in absolutes as he was injured soon, but the Kofi reign was pretty poor and killed off Smackdown as a viable alternative to Raw that year. It's a 'then what?' scenario, when you take the underdog out of the bottle and have them beat the last boss, you can't reclaim the authenticity of the journey to that point. And Sami is more like Kofi than Bryan in that he doesn't have a protected main event run in his history. Last Wrestlemania he lost to Johnny Knoxville and a giant mousetrap. It's ridiculous to run that push past a heroic stand in a losing title bout. Him and Owens winning the tag titles is big enough.
    And THAT's the thing that I think a lot of people are not thinking about. Sami having this huge triumphant win over Roman is a great idea. But then, what else ya got? He beats Roman in a rematch, maybe? Then he goes on to do what after this is done? It's all anti-climactic from the moment he moves on, I'd love to be wrong about that, but this is literally the biggest thing he's probably ever gonna be a part of. The Bloodline is the storyline of his (and Roman's, and the Usos) career. But it's also something that I could see completely cooling him off once there's no more of it to keep going. They're not taking the title off of their top guy of the last 8 years for that.

I've always felt that the guy who finally beats Roman for the title after these three years is the person they intend to be their definitive top babyface, not someone who has increased popularity through a specific storyline. It looks to me that Cody has been positioned as a face that can go to war with anyone, whereas Sami's whole recent character revolves around this one thing. He's not being portrayed as this guy who wants to be champion, he's the lovable lackey who finally got beat up by the guys he wanted to be down with. It works well for THIS story, not top guy of the company.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Booker looked absolutely horrible out there. What a waste of time. We've seen this before, we didn't need to see it again. Guessing it was just because it was in Texas.

Show was a little disappointing overall, but that was due to high expectations, so still a decent show. Men's rumble was decent, especially the last 15-20 minutes or so. I'm bored of Edge comebacks at this point though. Right man won, Gunther looked amazing. Good stuff.

Nothing Bray Wyatt does interests me. It's all just a mess and a load of nonsense to me. Each to their own though. LA Knight is very quickly becoming my favourite.

Women's Rumble match was ok, right woman won.

Bianca and Bliss was a decent enough little scrap, but wouldn't have looked out of place on an episode of Raw.

KO and Roman was good. And the post match stuff was great. I think they needed a segment like that to reaffirm their heel status. As it was, Roman was coming off as more the fan favourite than KO, but that was to be expected I suppose with all the Sami stuff. This is progressing perfectly.

Overall, 7/10.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's been such a patient build that the next 3 weeks are going to seem like chaos you would think. Especially given that Elimination Chamber is in just 3 weeks. I thought the sensible option would be the most nuclear, Reigns vs. Zayn for the title in Montreal, but it seems like a HUGE leap from this to that in that time frame. Why would Roman see fit to defend against Sami? Why would any of the officials support it? The only logical way of getting there is for Roman to demand it as a way for Jey to prove his loyalty to the family.

One thing - with Trip in charge, I'm sure this is only a tiny possibility (given the lack of Billy Gunn for recent DX reunions), but a Dustin Rhodes appearance to stop Solo Sikoa interference at 'Mania would get a gigantic pop. Give AEW Johnny Gargano or something as a trade.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    One thing - with Trip in charge, I'm sure this is only a tiny possibility (given the lack of Billy Gunn for recent DX reunions), but a Dustin Rhodes appearance to stop Solo Sikoa interference at 'Mania would get a gigantic pop. Give AEW Johnny Gargano or something as a trade.
    Gosh, I'd pop so hard for that.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To me it would be a no brainer for Khan to allow it, as it would serve to bring eyes to Dustin's last match a couple of months later. It would serve both sides - WWE gets the ideal pay off with family helping stop the most dominant family in history, and AEW gets a wrestler of there's featured in the main event of Wrestlemania. The world collapsing around Roman, with Zayn/Owens taking the Usos out, Brandi taking out Heyman, then finally Dustin taking out Solo, then you go into the final epic stretch where Cody wins. No overcoming the odds, no cheating, just a level playing field with Rhodes toppling Reigns.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mazer

You are now "The Homely Man"

Your undertitle is "Dances with Many Partners"

Your avatar is this:

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lovely!
    @Tyson you made up your mind yet on who you want to change and what to? If you can’t come up with anything on your own, let me know and I’ll randomly draw from the remaining people for you (including myself and except Mazer) and come up with the stuff.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A really really good Royal Rumble ppv. Men's match was incredible. I thought the women's had some flaws but it was great. I was rooting for Asuka so bad but it was more my heart than my head as I felt either Becky or Rhea were taking the W. Rhea and Gunther, they're made men now. Gargano with no reaction, Kross not having much of a chance to shine, and poor Kofi were about the only negatives to either match. Judgement Day were incredible.

Pitch Black match was the standard for what we've seen from Bray. I love the character and I knew this match and the women's title matches were going to be short anyway. They served their purpose from a storyline perspective. I actually thought Bray looked cool, we called him Blade Wyatt and then a meme compared him to Don the Dragon Wilson in Batman and Robin lol. That was fuckin money. The ring looked like some shit out of WWE '13 custom arena.

I liked the ending of Bianca/Bliss. They have good chemistry, it wasn't a long match but it showcased Bianca's always stellar performances and Bliss' story with Wyatt/Howdy is getting pretty good.

KO v. Roman. The wrestling was top notch as always. The end was a fucking masterpiece. This will go down, imo, as one of the great segments but also one of the greatest storylines when it finally ends-if it ends. It's not so much the Bloodline is a stable but it's like the nWo was. Yes it's a group, but it's also this huge 2+ year angle that's been doing on since Roman returned and turned heel. I'm not in the camp of Sami beating Roman but I am in the camp of them wrestling. I just wonder how Cody fits into this. What if Roman loses one of his titles before Mania and that's who Cody faces instead? It'd be weird. Very intriguing. Will there be this weird group of Cody, KO, and Sami Zayn, maybe Brutes w/ Drew as well?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    @Mazer

You are now "The Homely Man"

Your undertitle is "Dances with Many Partners"

Your avatar is this:
    ah.

I'll save Suit Shatner and make the change.

the exact phrase is "Many a Partner", if you care about attention to detail.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Homely Man View Post
    ah.

I'll save Suit Shatner and make the change.

the exact phrase is "Many a Partner", if you care about attention to detail.
    I do, and you have made the correct adjustment.

I am pleased.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Next mafia game, day 1 will be as world-weary CIA bureaucrat.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did anyone else watch the post-show press conference? Rhea really is terrific, and Bray's comments showed what I'd want to see from everyone - take a risk. Cody is so natural in a press conference setting. Loved Cody taking a drink of the Pitch Black, telling us it's delicious and he hasn't had sugar in 3 months. Loved his comments about how he was invited into the ring by Randy Orton to watch him point to the sign, how it took him going away to really feel like he was able to connect with the crowd. Great question/answer to HHH about how everyone fared, and the pressure of being responsible for creative with such a huge show. And just the way he answered the question about GUNTHER, talking about how everyone he's been put up against comes back through the curtain raving about how special this guy is, made me feel HHH is almost jealous he isn't 20 years younger.

Most of the time, the Men's Rumble is the main event, so it was interesting to see it go on first. GUNTHER lasting til the end, and as HHH pointed out, it wasn't as if he was hiding/resting, he really made it seem as though he was a meaningful part of everything going on. I was happy with Booker T's appearance - we shouldn't expect anything more from the surprise entrants than a crowd pop for nostalgia sake, keep it quick so the attention stays on the current roster. Rey Mysterio being announced, and not showing up, made me wonder what they were planning since storyline wise he hasn't wanted to strike Dom. Logan Paul and Ricochet had a moment that will be replayed at every Rumble from here on out. I am pleased Cody won, and I am looking forward to him keeping the coming story strong.

I thought the Pitch Black match was pretty good for what it was supposed to do. Cool entrance, the night light effect on Bray's makeup was memorable, and the match was quick enough. This isn't the first Bray match where he's tried to do something never done before, and it certainly wasn't his worst. Uncle Howdy's dive after the match is not getting the credit they were hoping for, but there is more coming for this story. Including more from Bliss. I am looking forward to LA Knight getting a chance to be back on the mic - Yeah! - as I fear if they keep him involved with Bray he may suffer.

I agree with many of the comments on the women's Rumble. And an equivalent the US title for the women would help a LOT. I am glad Asuka is back, and I like her new look. As much as I would like to see Rhea vs. Bianca, I think I Rhea vs Charlotte will be the better match.

I didn't get to see the Rumble live, so when I watched Roman pin KO I was lucky to see there was a lot of time left on Peacock, so it was clear there was going to be more story unfolding. I had not been spoiled, and I loved it all. Great stuff from Roman and Sami, but a lot of that was expected. I LOVED Jey walking out, and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

And I am thrilled that Pat McAfee is back.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't mind Sami beating Roman. He's not going to be the guy but he doesn't have to be the man. I don't necessarily think the person who beats Roman will be a made man anyway, when has that ever really worked?

Warrior beat Hogan and was out the business within about a year and never ever recovered.

Bret beat Flair but I don't think that match made him, just how good he was in his overall career.

Shawn beating Bret didn't make him either.

Austin losing to Bret did more for him than beating Shawn did.

The Rock lost both his biggest matches to Austin and was a superstar anyway.

Cena got mixed reactions no matter how many people they put him over.

Lesnar wasn't anymore over after beating Undertakers streak than he was years earlier. In fact he went through a patch where his star power waned of anything.

Roman couldn't get over no matter how many stars they fed to him. Took him finally being allowed to turn heel and let his own character shine through.

In the last 40 years you basically have Hogan going over Andre and Hogan was already a bigger star than Andre at that point anyway and the rest is revisionist bullshit.

So I don't really think that ever works. The guy who will become the man after Roman will do so by being the right guy at the right time and no single win will make him.

So if they want let Sami have his moment, he'll even let him lose the rematch to Roman and that be it. Sometimes you can have a good underdog story that ends when they win the belt and they move back to down the card again. The fans go home happy, it's a great moment and you move on. Nothing wrong with that.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Michael Cole admitted that he was completely unaware that Pat McAfee was joining them. Kudos to WWE for keeping him in the dark, as his genuine reaction to Pat's arrival was a great surprise. Pat's future schedule with WWE is uncertain, but this was a lot of fun.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Kudos to you if you believe Michael Cole was not aware Pat was returning.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Kudos to you if you believe Michael Cole was not aware Pat was returning.
    I regularly listen to Pat's youtube show, and Michael was a guest today.
    The Pat McAfee Show | Monday January 30th, 2023 - YouTube

Check out the segment at 2:12 or so. Cole always knows everything going on and they kept it secret from him, and I do believe he was legit surprised.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's still real to me dammit

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    that was one of the biggest pops of the night.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dude sitting next to you was way too excited McAfee was there.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was.....

he was

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    @Caito

Your username is “Lumbergh”.

Your undertitle is “What’s happening?”

Your avatar is:

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I approve of this. Will be done later today

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For some reason, I can’t change my own status? Maybe @Mazer can help me finish off the changes when he gets online?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don’t know who this Mazer is but I hear @The Homely Man could be good at this type of thing.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh correct. Good catch there.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried to change your username/title and can't seem to do it, either...might have to get @Rajah in here...

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am above the law….

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Too powerful. Too corrupt.

Like, I can type in the stuff but there's no 'Save Changes' button...

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If this isn’t settled by EOD, I shall create an account and only post thru that for a month in order to comply.

But let this be a lesson to you all who has true power around here.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I suspect your very good friend Mr. Trump has the 'Save Changes' button in a box somewhere at his golf course...

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys made that a lot harder than it needed to be

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Once again, it takes the Homely Man to make everyone dance.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post

But let this be a lesson to you all who has true power around here.
    yes, let it be.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heeeeey Homely Man…….. What’s happening?

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumbergh View Post
    Heeeeey Homely Man…….. What’s happening?
    Yeah, Bill, let me ask you a real quick question here: How much time would you say you spend each week dealing with these TPS reports?

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So how long is til the rest of you destroy the printer?

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ….yeah…..

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So quite a bit seems like it was started for the build to Mania. Any thoughts on where Austin Theory fits in having an opponent? I'm thinking he holds the title past Elim. Chamber, Bron drops the NXT title, shows up for an open challenge, Theory says he's not ready that night... and we get a Mania title change out of it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeseToTheFace View Post
    So quite a bit seems like it was started for the build to Mania. Any thoughts on where Austin Theory fits in having an opponent? I'm thinking he holds the title past Elim. Chamber, Bron drops the NXT title, shows up for an open challenge, Theory says he's not ready that night... and we get a Mania title change out of it.
    If he wins the EC, I'm thinking it'll be him v. Gargano at Mania. Not even because of the NXT history but because I don't really see anyone else on Raw that needs to wrestle him that hasn't already 100x. We've seen him v. Rollins and Lashley way too often.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    If he wins the EC, I'm thinking it'll be him v. Gargano at Mania. Not even because of the NXT history but because I don't really see anyone else on Raw that needs to wrestle him that hasn't already 100x. We've seen him v. Rollins and Lashley way too often.
    Agree on Rollins & Lashley. Any combination of those three guys has been overdone.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sad part is I don't really want to see Theory v. Gargano either. I've never ever been a Gargano fan. I can't get into anything he's done. Even his matches are a pain in the ass and stupid. Gun to my head I think what ultimately killed any desire to see him was that team him and Ciampa were called up and fought The Bar. Gargano looked like what Greg Gagne looked like compared to his peers.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am thinking Theory will be defending against Riddle at Mania

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I am thinking Theory will be defending against Riddle at Mania
    That would be cool but I also think, what about Riddle v. Solo grudge match? But I'm with you, if it aint Gargano then Riddle would be awesome. Miss that guy.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    I thought it was supposed to be Theory vs. Cena?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that was in the same conversation as The Rock v. Roman which magically changed to Austin v. Roman to whatever the new rumored match Roman won't be doing lol. That's what happens with the sheets, they get people thinking something is actually going to happen and then boom-the sheets then suddenly say "oh well now it's Stone Cold not The Rock" It was never going to be The Rock just like it was never going to be Cena (not saying YOU actually thought this was going down).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad that Dwayne won't be around. Him as The Rock is fucking cringe as a 50 year old millionaire actor. There's an amazing heel in that act but as a babyface he's dogshit. Cena owned him in that feud. Cody is the much better option for fans.

I'm not convinced Cena will be wrestling either. In defence of guys like Cena, Batista and Rock, they've never looked to mail it in when they return, and he'll want to give his best if he's in a prominent role. The angle's there with Theory, and there's the Chamber to push him over the top as US champion, against the guy you'd say is most synonymous with that belt between the spinner and the open challenge. Would be a huge rub for Theory who has really stepped it up lately.

Bit disappointed that Rhea is facing Charlotte, who bores me, but I guess it benefits Rhea more beating her rather than Bianca, and there is that natural storyline built in. And they can be kept apart enough with the roster designations. Bianca I guess isn't without fresh options, as Rodriguez or Asuka would be fun. It won't be Becky, so maybe Ronda and Becky revisit their rivalry 1 on 1 and they finish the Ronda experiment off once and for all. Plenty of options.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    I suspect your very good friend Mr. Trump has the 'Save Changes' button in a box somewhere at his golf course...
    Been in biden's garage since 2016.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm glad that Dwayne won't be around. Him as The Rock is fucking cringe as a 50 year old millionaire actor. There's an amazing heel in that act but as a babyface he's dogshit. Cena owned him in that feud. Cody is the much better option for fans.

I'm not convinced Cena will be wrestling either. In defence of guys like Cena, Batista and Rock, they've never looked to mail it in when they return, and he'll want to give his best if he's in a prominent role. The angle's there with Theory, and there's the Chamber to push him over the top as US champion, against the guy you'd say is most synonymous with that belt between the spinner and the open challenge. Would be a huge rub for Theory who has really stepped it up lately.

Bit disappointed that Rhea is facing Charlotte, who bores me, but I guess it benefits Rhea more beating her rather than Bianca, and there is that natural storyline built in. And they can be kept apart enough with the roster designations. Bianca I guess isn't without fresh options, as Rodriguez or Asuka would be fun. It won't be Becky, so maybe Ronda and Becky revisit their rivalry 1 on 1 and they finish the Ronda experiment off once and for all. Plenty of options.
    If Theory and Cena get together, I hope Theory gets the win - even if he resorts to a classic heel move like pulling the trunks or an international object, because Theory would crow about that for ages.

I am wondering if they do a double turn for Charlotte and Rhea, because I feel the audience will be supporting Rhea, and Charlotte works better as a heel.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    If Theory and Cena get together, I hope Theory gets the win - even if he resorts to a classic heel move like pulling the trunks or an international object, because Theory would crow about that for ages.

I am wondering if they do a double turn for Charlotte and Rhea, because I feel the audience will be supporting Rhea, and Charlotte works better as a heel.
    I think they both work better heel personally. Though if they turn Rhea’s character face at this point because she’s getting cheers from the hardcores, personally think that’s a horrible idea. Maybe more of a tweezer at best who doesn’t give a fuck. If they jump the shark and turn her face, she could be diluted in the wrong way. She may still get the respect cheers but they should ride with her heel.

I think back to what they did with Randy post Evolution break-up as an example. They took the cheers he was getting but instead of just a slight tweak in the character, they completely ruined it at the time by making him pandering. In Rhea’s case, I think they need to lean further into her supporting Dom. Maybe go more extreme into the heat and have her make out with him in front of a battered Rey after they’ve beaten him down as an example.

The other thing is Bianca which is likely the money Mania match-up. At this point while Bianca is without a doubt a great worker, she’s never been vulnerable and practically invincible. They tried with Bayley and Alexa to an extent to get sympathy heat onto Bianca but it’s not worked out that well as Bianca essentially comes back the next week just back to the old EST routine. Basically like a SuperCena. They need IMO to have Rhea beat her so bad she’s written off for a bit and have Bianca really question herself and come back even tougher to get the fans behind her and booing Rhea.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think depending on who Bianca faces we might be seeing a shift in who the WWE are focusing on for 2023. The last 2 years we've seen Bianca cement her status as a main eventer. Rhea v. Charlotte is a good match, there's history with Charlotte beating her for the NXT championship. Bianca v. Ronda Rousey, something we haven't seen and Ronda is going to be better off as a heel. It's still pretty early and I'm sure most of the card won't be fleshed out until at least March.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What sort of expectations did people have, that they felt disappointed by this show? Did you expect Zayn to win the Rumble, even though he was never advertised to be in it?

This was easily a 7/10 or 8/10 PPV. Better than the past couple of Rumbles for sure.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What sort of expectations did people have, that they felt disappointed by this show? Did you expect Zayn to win the Rumble, even though he was never advertised to be in it?

This was easily a 7/10 or 8/10 PPV. Better than the past couple of Rumbles for sure.
    I definitely think there were some fans who didn't like how obvious the winners were. There were quite a few wrestlers that weren't advertised to be in the Rumble but I'm not someone who feels like Sami or anyone in the Bloodline should've been in it. If he won it, the end of the show would've been tainted.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think people also remember old rumbles a little better. Memory-wise we tend to focus on high-points and finishes. And forget how every Rumble has some down time, and some gaps where 2 people or so or laying in the corner.

I think this one will end up holding up very well.

Mentioned
    328 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @The Homely Man @Lumbergh that’s been a month so you can change your names back if you wish. Thanks for being good sports!

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only regret I have but one profile to give for my online wrestling community.