Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Independent Ramble Thread

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Independent Ramble Thread

Just a thread to ramble about indie wrestling.

I am currently watching a Glory Pro Show on Fite+. I really wanted to go to this show but cut back on the shows recently. So watching it live on Fite.

Anyway currently watching NIck Aldis vs Davey Richards. First time they have had a singles match against each other. They are really putting on a good match so far.

Looking forward to some other matches on the card but this was one that intrigued me when announced. Second match on the card. Sometimes when the bigger names like Aldis are in the early part of the show typically means they have to catch a flight out early and won't be around the whole card.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I like this commentator. Very energetic and putting the talent over. But he really needs to learn the names of moves. Doesn't need to be Excalibur level on knowing all the various names but he is calling the stuff the wrong thing and driving me a little crazy.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Fun show yesterday. I am going to check out some other stuff on Fite+ this week if I have time before my free trial ends. I would like to keep this just need to figure out what to get rid of to add this to the budget.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So my mother in law gets me. Well sometimes anyway but I digress. She gave me some cash for my Christmas present and said use it on wrestling ticket. So local indie here I come. There is a show coming up in March that will feature Josh Alexander, Motor City Machine Guns, and Matt Sydal plus various top local talent.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    For those who have Fite + This weekend Glory Pro Wrestling had a show and one of the featured matches was Curry Man vs Dan the Dad. Fun stuff.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Dammit. I am going to an indie show in March and one of the main reasons I picked this show was because Josh Alexander was coming to town and I have missed the last two times he has come to St. Louis for an indie show. Well they announced his match this morning and then deleted it off their social media later. And they just announced he is unable to make the date now.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Still should be a good show. Looking forward to seeing the Motor City Machine Guns in action.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The show replaced Josh Alexander with Nick Aldis. Not bad. I will take it. Never seen Aldis live. Alexander apologized for missing the show and said it was his fault the schedule conflict and that he loves coming to St. Louis for shows.

Eddie Kingston come back to do another Glory Pro show and I happen to be going to that one as well. I will get to see Rohit Raju get beat up by Max the Impaler and their partner in a tag title match. That should be fun.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw Nick Aldis wrestle at WrestleCade back in November. Though it was a battle royal so didn't really see much, except when it came down to the final two, which Aldis ended up winning.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I have not seen him live. He was in town a while back but I didn't go to the show and just watched it on Fite. When the NWA were at the Chase the last couple years I only did the women's only show so didn't see him then.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got tickets to a local indy show on the 18th, Prairie Pro Wrestling being held at the senior center. Going with a friend and her friend, she invited us 'cuz she knows we're into it, but we didn't even know she was into wrestling. Expecting it to be a pretty fun and a VERY different experience from the WWE shows we've been to. Will report back about it afterwards.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Indy shows are definitely a different experience from WWE or AEW shows. I am sure you will have fun and make sure to check out merch tables to help support anyone you see there that you like.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Card for the Grandel Wrestling show so far:

Nick Aldis vs. Thomas Shire (local guy not familiar with)
    Jake Something vs Gary J(another local guy that mostly does one of the feds I don't follow)
    MCMG vs Technical Difficulties (pretty good local team that has split in like every fed around here though but back together for this match)
    Missa Kate vs Tootie Lynn (looks like Missa has been doing NWA lately and Tootie is local talent that I am fan of)
    Team Filthy (Tom Lawler, Jorel Nelson, Royce Issacs) vs Benjamin Trust, Warhorse, & Davey Vega (local talent, Warhorse is pretty known on the indy scene and travels around)

Some other local talent have been advertised for the show including my favorite Dan the Dad and they are still announcing matches. Matt Sydal who grew up in St. Louis and got started in St. Louis is also advertised. Rocky Romero from New Japan is advertised. Davey Richards and Josh Alexander have pulled out due to scheduling conflicts.

I think this is going to be a pretty good show.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Went to the PPW show last night and holy balls, what a blast. We had front row seats which was dope (other than the fact that the guy filming was standing right in front of us a lot of the time). I slapped hands with almost all the babyfaces and the action spilled out in front of us a few times. The main event tag match actually went outside the barricades and into the crowd and the dudes went past us a few times there. The place was absolutely packed, too, which was good to see. There were some die-hard fans there who knew all the performers and who was face/heel, one loud dude behind us in particular, so we took our cues from them for booing/cheering. There was a pack of girls who seemed like they'd never been but got super into it and were quite entertaining. During the main event, a little girl got her sign snatched by one of the heels and then she was flipping him off, she was adorable.
    Best match on the show was this other tag match in the middle where a dude that looked like Brian Kendrick and a dude that looked like Shannon Moore wrestled a dude with an occult savior gimmick and my boy, 'The Rhinestone Cowboy' Steven Crowe, who was a flamboyant, hot pink, bedazzled cowboy (I bought his t-shirt at intermission). Great back and forth with lots of high spots, legit as good as a WWE match.
    Our friend is apparently friends with one of the refs but hadn't gone to a show before. She also brought a couple friends who were super nice. Everyone had a great time so it's likely we'll be going again.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Glad you had a blast. I love indy shows. I love the fans that go and the interactions between fans and the wrestlers. So much fun.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Still waiting on more matches to be announced for the show I am going to in March on top of what I listed above. They have listed other people in action but not in matches yet.

Next week I hit a Glory Pro show with the following card:

Blair Onyx vs Jody Threat. (Threat is the one that was involved in the match with Athena that drew some heat for Athena)
    Davey Richards vs Rahim de la Suede for #1 contendership. Rahim part of a small group that split storyline wise from Team Ambition
    Tootie Lynn vs Heather Reckless (fan of Tootie so looking forward to this)
    Kody Lane, Dak Draper, Jake Something vs. Ethan Price, Dan the Dad, Warhorse (should be a fun match)
    Camero Jackson (c) vs Myron Reed (part of the Rascals) for the Crown of Glory Championship
    Eddie Kingston vs Mike Outlaw
    Waste Land War Party (which includes Max the Impaler) vs the Hustle and the Muscle (which includes Rohit Raju) for the tag titles

Usually a dark match involving some of the Team Ambition students with some of the experienced Team Ambition guys to get them in front of a crowd.

Looking forward to it. Kingston didn't do meet and greet last time because he had to fly out and get home because he was flying out like the next day to go to Vegas for Double or Nothing.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No Kingston this weekend. Taking some time off for nagging injuries. Bummer. But rather see people skip a show to heal an injury and make it up later. He likes Glory Pro so he will be back.

they just added a 6 man ladder match to the other show I am going to in March and the winner gets a title shot at a future Glory Pro show.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So much for nagging injuries.....

Kingston is working the ROH tapings and there was speculation that he was skipping today's show because of it. Wish he would have been up front of it. The promoter has been upfront of saying that people sometimes end up skipping a show here because they ended up book for New Japan or MLW or something. Hell Khan may have been willing to send someone to replaced Eddie that was not doing the taping. Willow got pulled from a show this weekend to do the ROH tapings and AEW sent someone to replace her.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oh yeah the ROH tapings also explain why Rohit Raju missed the show today. Some of the more hardcore Glory Pro fans were more upset over missing Rohit than Kingston

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    GCW coming back to St. Louis but I have never been that interested in them.

I see Davey Richards is taking on Moxley at Josh Barnett's Bloodsport as part of the Collective at WrestleMania time. That is interesting.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Two local wrestlers headed over to Japan for a couple Ganbare Pro Wrestling shows.

Your dad's favorite wrestler Dan the Dad and the Southern Flamingo Kody Lane

And Homocide booked for the next Glory Pro show which I will not be going to. Going to try to go to April show.
    Last edited by MTR; March 6th, 2023 at 1:37 PM. Reason: Ganbare not DDT

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This weekend, Chris Hero announced he's now matchmaker for the San Francisco based promotion West Coast Pro Wrestling.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I saw that headline somewhere.

Just announced for the show I am going to on the 18th

Rocky Romero w/ Chico El Luchador defending the CMLL World Historic Welterweight Championship against your father's favorite wrestler Dan the Dad.

Matt Sydal challenged local talent Mike Outlaw to match and Outlaw accepted so that match was added as well.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Announcement from Team Ambition, the school that Davey Richards heads, saying they have parted ways with him affective immediately. Odd. He has invested a lot of time in those students. I watch him watch all of them closely when they have matches to see how they are doing.

Also interesting is the timing. He is in Europe right now because he is skipping a local show tomorrow to do a show in Europe they he got invited to do.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Digging around twitter.

Richards deleted his twitter.

Rumors of domestic violence.

Two indie feds have cut ties with him already after the announcement from Team Ambition.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Richards issued statement denying allegations and is retiring from wrestling. Doing his bookings this weekend and calling it quits.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Another fun show on the independent scene last night. Got to see Aldis and the MCMG's for the first time. The Aldis match was a bit underwhelming but that was more on the opponent than him and they also only went like 6 minutes or so.

Ladder match was a lot of fun.

Rocky Romero going full heel against local favorite Dan the Dad was fun and they put on a fun entertaining match.

Frank the Clown was a surprise. Got beat up by the St. Louis Blues mascot at the end which was fun.

Matt Sydal was hurt and couldn't go. He was there though. His opponent did a match with a up and coming rookie and it was a really good match. He said the match with Sydal will happen at some point down the road.

Crowd was into it. just super fun time.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just got tickets for another PPW show. The dude I liked from last time is being advertised, too, so I'm gonna make a sign for him and wear the shirt I got.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Sweet. Got to support the local guys. I bought a t-shirt at the last show I was at for Dan the Dad.

Just found out last night that a local guy with Team Ambition (well soon to be something else) works at a local bar a few streets over from the house. He is currently one half of the tag team champions down in the fed that my friend works at back home.

Also Glory Pro is running a show at local music venue again and tickets go on sale today. They announced that Johnny Glory (aka John Hennigan) is on the show. Was already wanting to go so probably going to go now. I think the GA tickets are only like $30. Davey Richards was supposed to challenge for the title but yeah that is not happening.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Matt Cardona is going to be at the fed where my friend wrestles in April. Maybe about time I got down there for a show.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If any of y'all are in the San Francisco bay area, please let me know so we can trade awkward smiles

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What Mania week shows are you watching?

I figure I'll try to watch the Wrestlecon Supershow, Bloodsport, DDT goes Hollywood, NJPW vs TNA, and ROH Supercard of Honor.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If I was going to spend money to watch anything it would probably be NJPW vs Impact and ROH Supercard of Honor

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Supercard of Honor is stacked to the point you worry matches will get enough time

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post
    If I was going to spend money to watch anything it would probably be NJPW vs Impact and ROH Supercard of Honor
    I respect that unlike Defrost you would be willing to actually spend money on these cards. I was blown away when I saw ROH was $39.99....For that garbage??? The only match worth maybe $10.99 is the Jay Briscoe ladder tag match. Outside of that it's a total scam.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I am interested in more than just that match.

Ladder match will be crazy.
    Don't care about the 6man title change.
    Joe vs Briscoe is not going to be a 5 star match but should be good
    Don't know enough about Yuka Sakazaki to have an opinion on the women's title match.
    Yuta vs Shibata should be good even though yes I know you hate Yuta lol
    Vikingo vs Komander is going to be nuts
    Actually mildly interested in Eddie and Claudio
    Tanahashi vs Garcia should be good as well.

I wouldn't call that garbage. Is it worth $40? Depends on you ask. I am not a fan of spending $40, $50, etc for ppvs so I pretty much don't. Sometimes I regret that though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am interested in more than just that match.

Ladder match will be crazy.
    Don't care about the 6man title change.
    Joe vs Briscoe is not going to be a 5 star match but should be good
    Don't know enough about Yuka Sakazaki to have an opinion on the women's title match.
    Yuta vs Shibata should be good even though yes I know you hate Yuta lol
    Vikingo vs Komander is going to be nuts
    Actually mildly interested in Eddie and Claudio
    Tanahashi vs Garcia should be good as well.

I wouldn't call that garbage. Is it worth $40? Depends on you ask. I am not a fan of spending $40, $50, etc for ppvs so I pretty much don't. Sometimes I regret that though.
    A couple good matches isn't worth $40. It looks like garbage, like a bunch of random shit was thrown in a can and then dumped out.

I'm not asking anyone anything I'm simply saying that I appreciate people who actually pay for these shows as opposed to those who illegally stream and that's why this shit is $40 lol.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I don't agree that it was thrown together though. They have been building most of it on ROH tv.

Most of the matches make sense minus the 6 man title match and adding a random AAA match because you have Vikingo right now.

Again I think more than a couple matches on this card is going to be good.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I respect that unlike Defrost you would be willing to actually spend money on these cards. I was blown away when I saw ROH was $39.99....For that garbage??? The only match worth maybe $10.99 is the Jay Briscoe ladder tag match. Outside of that it's a total scam.
    I am paying for this PPV actually

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    a vpn, fite and $20 ppv's has been a blessing. i'll be buying the ROH show. everything else i'll catch clips of and if something gets hyped i'll seek it out after the fact.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't agree that it was thrown together though. They have been building most of it on ROH tv.

Most of the matches make sense minus the 6 man title match and adding a random AAA match because you have Vikingo right now.

Again I think more than a couple matches on this card is going to be good.
    Hasn't there only been like 3 episodes of ROH tv?

yes, match quality will be good-that's not the reason I'm calling it garbage. A couple minutes of build on "tv" isn't much.

Not to mention, I'm probably alone here but I hate AEWROH. I hate the way it looks, feels, it's way too pretty. At least when ECW went to TNN they still had a shit production budget. But when they turned into WWECW it was just WWE with ECW's logo.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROH feels too much like AEW Dark.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The time zone thing is fucking me up. I thought Bloodsport was starting now, but it's 4 PM local time.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Hasn't there only been like 3 episodes of ROH tv?

yes, match quality will be good-that's not the reason I'm calling it garbage. A couple minutes of build on "tv" isn't much.

Not to mention, I'm probably alone here but I hate AEWROH. I hate the way it looks, feels, it's way too pretty. At least when ECW went to TNN they still had a shit production budget. But when they turned into WWECW it was just WWE with ECW's logo.
    I don't know since I only read the reports since I don't have the streaming service. Something like that. either way that is basically better than what they were doing with all the guys on AEW tv as far as build goes.

I am really trying to give it more time now that they are having their own programing and hoping there is more separation in talent and less stuff ROH stuff on AEW less AEW people over there. I mean ultimately is is going to be WWECW but hopefully a better that that. I mean it won't be ROH but hopefully not a terrible as WWECW was.

I am seriously hoping BCC loses both titles. I see Eddie beating Claudio but I don't think Shibata beats Yuta just because then you are in a situation of having Shibata who is not a regular ROH person having to drop the belt quickly. Hopefully Yuta drops it soon at tv taping so that BCC is no longer on both shows.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    ROH feels too much like AEW Dark.
    Well the first set of taping was taped at the same location. Today's show as taped last night. But yeah I mean they are treating it a lot of the same way.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The two lucha matches stole the show at the Wrestlecon Supershow

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tanahashi vs Bailey is the match to watch from the NJPW vs TNA show
    The Mox match on Bloodsport was really good. Ibushi looked fine.

ROH put on an awesome PPV tonight.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i was disappointed with the ROH PPV. crowd was awful and most of the matches under-delivered relative to what i expected. that said, eddie/claudio was maybe my favorite match of the year despite the shit crowd and disappointing ending.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree on the crowd, but I really liked the opener and main event. The women's title match was really good. Shibata winning a title put a giant smile on my face. And everything else was at least fine. Except maybe the ladder match, but I think I am just sick of ladder matches.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the pure title match basically being a showcase for shibata and what his reign as pure champion could look like was great. he pretty much schooled yuta, as he should, but the moments where yuta got to heel it up were enough to make it so it wasn't a total embarrassment for him.

really did not like the ladder match. we've been spoiled lately with some really great ladder matches, and this one felt incredibly run of the mill by comparison. think there were way too many people in it and the exchanging of moves and spots felt sloppier because of it. started to pick up in the last few minutes, then the huge insane bump with penta and dante where we as the viewer were immediately aware that dante absolutely had his ankle fucked and it all just felt kinda meh.

i like mark and eddie not winning, especially eddie. they just reintroduced this feud after 12 years of it not being a thing, to have the big payoff happen in the first match would be dumb. eddie hitting a fuckin hurricanrana reversal to the riccola bomb, only to have that reversed into claudio getting the pin, was great. eddie was reaching down to his balls to keep the fight going, and claudio couldn't hit him with anything directly to get him to stay down, so eddie getting a desperation reversal that drained just enough of him that he got caught in a flash reversal pin fit very well for me. plus i'd rather not see him win the title in front of such a dogshit crowd.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worrying thing about the Dante injury is that there is no safe bump there. Either you alter the trajectory of the destroyer so it's a flat head bump, which would have paralysed him, or it goes as it did and you've got a guy at momentum falling from a height, at an angle, on to his feet. Pair of fucking idiots. I feel bad for the guy of course, but the risk there is too large for any professional to sign off on. You don't break a fall with your head or your feet. That happens.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    it was a tremendously stupid spot to do. just "safely" falling backward through the tables would have even looked more impressive than that spot. i don't want to see another ladder match for five years and i'm beyond over these guys doing so many career-risking spots in nothing matches that no big spot means anything ANYWHERE anymore. very very sad for dante.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Watched the video of it and yeah… that’s a spot you never do, ever. Soon as his foot was facing the opposite way I had to look away, in disgust and disappointment. Why they did that spot and why that spot was approved is beyond me. And for what? Now Dante’s on the shelf and nobody is talking about the match itself, just the injury that happened during it.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They overshot the tables is the problem. If they had landed on the tables like they planned it would have been fine

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defrost View Post
    They overshot the tables is the problem. If they had landed on the tables like they planned it would have been fine
    yep. not hitting the tables early enough kept the rotation going to where dante lands the way he does. if the tables were pulled back away from the ring a bit it's just a car crash fall where dante lands on his knees/shins and penta's thighs.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Miyu Yamashita is working local show next month. Heard good things about her.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bought tickets to WrestleCade in Winston-Salem this November. Main attraction seems to be Daniel Bryan, not a big fan but I suppose getting an autograph would be cool. Hopefully he'll wrestle someone cool.

Only $250 for 2 people, that includes getting in all the shows. Autographs are extra though but it's still fun.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That is cool. I would love to do something like that.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's about 2 to 2 and half hours drive, so rather than drive back and forth for 3 days we are just gonna get a hotel room nearby.

Might bring some nose plugs as there was a huge amount of body odor last year. Too many people in a small place!

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah I can imagine that.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wish I was able to go see my friend wrestle tomorrow night. Him and his partner are taking on a couple of the top guys from up here at Glory Pro. Jerry Lynn is the special guest ref in the main even which is the CCW champ against Joe O'Riley the Zero1 USA champion in a title for title match and Matt Cardona is on the show as well. All matches in a cage.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Rey Fenix coming to Glory Pro in July. Might have to go to that show.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't realize Paul London was still around. Just got announced for a local show that is a fundraiser for kid that was seriously burned.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ronda Rousey works at tag match at an indy show.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cy57a...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hmm.....

Local company has a TLC match for the tag titles set up for one of their two shows next month. If it is at the location of their normal shows that is not a good location. I have seen them doing a ladder match there and bless the guys involved that made it work and entertaining but the it is a low ceiling there and what not. lol Now if they do it at the other place they are doing a show that should be good. Higher ceiling and more space to do stuff and not as tightly packed audience. Might have to go to that show.

Ethan Page is going to be at the next show. Always fun to see him there.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah starting to think I need to go this next show for Glory Pro.

Ethan Page is refereeing a match involving a title from his promotion that he restarted. Rohit Raju beat Dan the Dad for it when Dan brought it out of retirement right before Page announced he was restarting the company.

TLC match for tag titles. Should be interesting with the low ceiling.

4 way match Dan the Dad, Swoggle, Effy, and Shazza McKenzie. That will have some entertaining moments in it and some good wrestling as well.

The main event for the title is Camaro Jackson (champ) who is pretty good against WarHorse and Jake Something in a triple threat. Those three are going to beat the hell out of each other.

Dan the Dad just wrestled Dirty Dango(Fandango) over the weekend I think. I need to see if I can find that match. I bet it was fun.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Met Effy at WrestleCade a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool dude.

Think my favorite guys to meet were Paul Roma, Ax & Smash, Jim Duggan, and Erick Redbeard. Honorable mention to the Boogeyman, Victoria, Billy Gunn, and yes, Enzo Amore. Oh, and poor Jerry Lawler. He couldn't sign anything so was just doing pictures. Didn't look too good. I met him at a RAW in 2009, he was walking backstage and came to talk to me and my brother for a few seconds.

Mandy Rose, Eric Bischoff, and Ted DiBiase looked like they didn't want to be there lol.

Still so fucking cool to meet people you idolize every week on TV (maybe monthly now)

We wanted to meet Ricky Steamboat, Jake Roberts, Violent J, and others, but they had cash only.

We pay with everything using the credit card to get points, so the checking account isn't ever very high.
    Last edited by Donald; December 5th, 2023 at 5:14 PM.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I would like to go to something like WrestleCade at some point where there is just tons of people to meet.

I love indie shows though and the interaction before and after the show with the wrestlers peddling their merch.

Effy is fun to watch. I know not everyone cares for him but I enjoy his matches.

It would be cool to meet Swoggle if I were to go to this show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Met Effy at WrestleCade a couple of weeks ago. Pretty cool dude.

Think my favorite guys to meet were Paul Roma, Ax & Smash, Jim Duggan, and Erick Redbeard. Honorable mention to the Boogeyman, Victoria, Billy Gunn, and yes, Enzo Amore. Oh, and poor Jerry Lawler. He couldn't sign anything so was just doing pictures. Didn't look too good. I met him at a RAW in 2009, he was walking backstage and came to talk to me and my brother for a few seconds.

Mandy Rose, Eric Bischoff, and Ted DiBiase looked like they didn't want to be there lol.

Still so fucking cool to meet people you idolize every week on TV (maybe monthly now)

We wanted to meet Ricky Steamboat, Jake Roberts, Violent J, and others, but they had cash only.

We pay with everything using the credit card to get points, so the checking account isn't ever very high.
    I saw Violent J won the WrestleCade battle royal championship or some shit lol

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah he has popped back into the wrestling scene some. I saw a pick of him with BUSSY (Effy and Allie Katch) which was probably from WrestleCade. He has done some stuff with the NWA recently as well.

Speaking of that the NWA reached out to Effy about coming aboard and he told Corgan to go fuck himself. lol He said that Corgan was like well Tyrus isn't here anymore and Effy was like you still didn't say anything about his transphobic and other bullshit so yeah no.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah he has popped back into the wrestling scene some. I saw a pick of him with BUSSY (Effy and Allie Katch) which was probably from WrestleCade. He has done some stuff with the NWA recently as well.

Speaking of that the NWA reached out to Effy about coming aboard and he told Corgan to go fuck himself. lol He said that Corgan was like well Tyrus isn't here anymore and Effy was like you still didn't say anything about his transphobic and other bullshit so yeah no.
    The last person they need is Effy after the James Mitchell stuff. To me, Effy is just another Joey Ryan. Everything I think is whack about Effy has nothing to do with where he does/doesn't put his wang it's everything I've seen in the ring specifically the Jon Moxley match which is the first time I even heard of this fool. And many, many fans loved the Joey Ryan dick flip routine including our beloved super fan Mick Foley. Take that shit to DDT in Japan where they win matches by licking each others feet and throw invisible poop.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Effy is nothing like Joey Ryan. Yes there has been some stuff I didn't like including spots in that match with Moxley. I have seen Effy matches where he doesn't do anything crazy like some of the spots with Moxley. Effy is a good worker and does good stuff in general for wrestling especially for the LGBTQ+ community in wrestling. Corgan wanted him to try to salvage the stupid shit with Tyrus and then Mitchel. Effy is a big name on the indies especially in the community. Bigger than Max the Impaler who does wrestle with the NWA as a non-binary wrestler.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Effy is nothing like Joey Ryan. Yes there has been some stuff I didn't like including spots in that match with Moxley. I have seen Effy matches where he doesn't do anything crazy like some of the spots with Moxley. Effy is a good worker and does good stuff in general for wrestling especially for the LGBTQ+ community in wrestling. Corgan wanted him to try to salvage the stupid shit with Tyrus and then Mitchel. Effy is a big name on the indies especially in the community. Bigger than Max the Impaler who does wrestle with the NWA as a non-binary wrestler.
    I'm sure he's a great humanitarian and all that but it's not about that for me. Joey Ryan didn't just do dick flips I remember being turned off by him in TNA with Matt Morgan. Just a a goof. Again, you can do great things for your community until you have a guy grab your dick to get out of a move. I can appreciate turning down the offer but on the other hand it's like....if you want to make change but you're going to rant on Twitter about former WWE wrestlers having bigger names and promoters taking a chance, stay in GCW. Stay on Twitter.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Non compete clauses are over for the WWE releases.

Mustafa Ali already announced for multiple shows in the Chicago area including a GCW show.

Riddle announced for a MLW show.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hmm...I was thinking going to local show next week using visa gift card I got but the company just announced a two day event in March titled Road Warrior cup. Tag team tournament.

Teams named so far
    Violence is Forever (heard of them but not familiar with them)
    MxM (name of Mace and Mansoors team)
    PME (love this team)
    Outrunners (heard of them not familiar)
    The New Guys (local team that I have seen on various cards but not watched yet)
    Premiere (seen this guys a few times based out of KC)

There were also be some other matches mixed in especially day 2.

Think this is what I am going to use my gift card on plus some christmas money. I love tag team wrestling and a tag team tournament is up my alley.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd go to that for Mace and Mansoor alone.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mace and Mansoor are incredible.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yeah. I have seen some video clips of them since they hit the indies.

Pretty sure I am going to do this two day event. Was just going to go to the next show in a couple weeks since it had been a while but this will be more fun for me and only $40 for both days and I can put back some money for any merch or autographs or whatever before then.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I caught them on Rene Dupree's podcast and they told some incredible stories. They put out some hilarious videos as it is like the story about Randy Orton telling them he paid some guy $1k to level up his character in Eldin Ring or whatever that game is called. The idea of big ass Randy Orton playing an RPG is hilarious in general.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just saw a video of Justin Credible on Twitter talking about being open for bookings, and I'm kinda shocked how good the dude still looks. Barely looks like he's aged haha.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Just saw a video of Justin Credible on Twitter talking about being open for bookings, and I'm kinda shocked how good the dude still looks. Barely looks like he's aged haha.
    I know he did a surprise appearance in GCW within the last year I think and he looked heavy but not like Bastion Booger heavy. Face wise the dude looks the same. He was one of my favorites back in the day mainly because of his ECW theme.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Met Kurt Angle on Saturday td an AML show in Winston-Salem. You know, it's a 2 and a half to three hour drive from here, but I might just start regularly going to these AML shows. Next one is in February.

Also met Martin Stone (formerly Danny Burch), fucking love that dude, White Mike, and Beer City Bruiser.

Main event was WarGames, pretty fun to see at an indy show.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I need to get my tickets for that two day event I mentioned before. They just announced Danhausen for night 2. I know not everyone likes him but I am a fan.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Fun video that Ethan Page did when he was here back in November for a Glory Pro show. Has him, Swoggle, Jake Something, and local indy guys like Dan the Dad and WarHorse.

Basically a bunch of them eating at some St. Louis food establishments trying to see who can eat the most calories. It is a follow up to one they did a couple years ago now another time Page was in St. Louis where Dan the Dad took him and others including Danhousen to various St. Louis food establishments people should check out.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Speedball Mike Bailey working show here in March. Haven't seen them before beyond some stuff online. Will have to think about going to that show.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speedball Mike Bailey working show here in March. Haven't seen them before beyond some stuff online. Will have to think about going to that show.
    I wish Veda Scott would be his manager. I like her at the booth and she's an ok wrestler but she's super hot.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Speedball Mike Bailey is the best. He faced Andrade at WrestleCade

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    He is facing local guy here who I am a fan of. Different styles but should be a fun match.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has some dumbass footwear but I like his style and nickname. Definitely his wife too.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    GCW coming back to St. Louis (well across the river but close enough). Haven't been the few times they have been here. Kind of interested in this one though because Cardona.

Deathmatch Royalty (Cardona and DeLander) vs Dan the Dad and Shazza McKenzie

Maybe I just pay for it on Fite/Triller(whatever the fuck it is called now)

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WrestleCade tickets go on sale soon, I'm gonna look into getting VIP tickets this year.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WrestleCade is one event I would like to go to one day.

Glory Pro ran a show yesterday. I didn't go but checking things out and Danhausen showed up after the title match and was holding up the belt. The champ Warhorse grabbed it and brushed him off and left. Danhausen is already announced for night 2 of the 2 day event in March so I bet that is our title match for night 2. That is a show I was already planning on going to. Day 1 is tag tournament which I have mentioned above.

Just looking over at Twitter and they already announced that Danhausen will challenge Warhorse at the next show. He didn't say a word. Just came in and grabbed the belt and stared down Warhorse and then went to a merch table and had a line a mile long. lol
    Last edited by MTR; February 19th, 2024 at 12:05 PM.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    About to buy tickets for the two day Glory Pro event coming up.

Day one is tag tournament and just announced is a first round match up of M x M (Mace and Mansoor) vs PME who are the current tag champs with the titles on the line.

Only match announced for day two so far is Warhorse defending against DanHausen. I expect match announcements coming this week and next.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Bought tickets to WrestleCade for Thanksgiving weekend, 4th row. Now I just have to request off work for the Friday after Thanksgiving....

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Nice.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Mace and Mansoor doing a seminar early in the day that they are here for the show. Pretty cool.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Got my tickets and plan on going early to do meet and greet with Mace and Mansoor. I have done one with Danhausen already so will hit up other people on night 2.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Teal Piper doing a show here in May. Haven't heard her name much recently.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Got my WrestleCade tickets for November and also booked a hotel. We are just gonna stay Friday and Saturday nights, and then drive home after the last show on Sunday. It's a 2-3 hour car ride so shouldn't be home too too late.

Only announced guests so far are Team 3D. Met D-Von at last year's show, not sure if I want to meet. Bubba though.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Alan Angels coming to town night 2 of the Glory Pro shows I am going to this weekend.