Movie News Thread

Henry not playing Superman now. Eh.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/j...ut-1235461889/

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not playing Superman but could be playing someone else? I'm hearing he was a leading candidate to play the new James Bond. I also read that Jason Mamoa is going to be transitioning from Aquaman to Lobo. Could Henry be playing a different character in the DC universe? That would be interesting.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had any affinity for Superman. I know the Christopher Reeves movies were well regarded but they never came across my childhood radar. I think I watched the first one at some point but to this day nothing Superman-related has ever struck me as particularly good.

James Gunn said he's writing a Superman movie, and the reason Cavill isn't staying in the role is because he's too old and it'll be a younger part of the character's life. I'm not a big DC guy in general other than Batman but I will say that at least this has a chance to get me into Superman since Gunn is a good writer and makes fun movies. Superman has always been so stiff and un-fun that the idea of Gunn writing it sounds refreshing to me.

As for the DC news cycle as a whole, while I don't have any interest in the DCEU movies themselves, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out as they release the last ones (Shazam 2, The Flash, Aquaman 2) and transition to whatever new direction they're going. If those movies suck, they'll get flak for sucking/bombing. If they're great, they'll get flak for not continuing the series. It'll be fun to watch it unfold.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I have never had any affinity for Superman. I know the Christopher Reeves movies were well regarded but they never came across my childhood radar. I think I watched the first one at some point but to this day nothing Superman-related has ever struck me as particularly good.

James Gunn said he's writing a Superman movie, and the reason Cavill isn't staying in the role is because he's too old and it'll be a younger part of the character's life. I'm not a big DC guy in general other than Batman but I will say that at least this has a chance to get me into Superman since Gunn is a good writer and makes fun movies. Superman has always been so stiff and un-fun that the idea of Gunn writing it sounds refreshing to me.

As for the DC news cycle as a whole, while I don't have any interest in the DCEU movies themselves, it'll be interesting to see how it plays out as they release the last ones (Shazam 2, The Flash, Aquaman 2) and transition to whatever new direction they're going. If those movies suck, they'll get flak for sucking/bombing. If they're great, they'll get flak for not continuing the series. It'll be fun to watch it unfold.
    I am curious how Gunn's style will translate to the DC characters like Superman. Personally I don't mind Superman being stiff, it allows others to be more loose without the movie turning into Guardians. He did the second Suicide Squad movie and the first was basically DC's answer to Guardians so he fit pretty well.

I will also say that it was more Cavill's Superman that was very "un-fun" as the Reeve movies were definitely action, but had a lot of moments and characters that balanced it all out. Especially 3 with Richard Pryor. Cavill was the more serious style of Superman, Reeve's Superman had some fun moments and lines throughout the years. He didn't have to follow Nolan's Batman movies which really made it seem like DC was the darker comic book movies and Marvel (mainly the Disney MCU stuff)would be the WWE of comic book movies, something for all but mostly the entire family.

I don't want Superman to be like Ash from Evil Dead.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cavill's Superman just didn't do it for me anyway. Henry's a cool guy, but he's really not a good actor. Plus Snyder's vision or execution of Superman sucked.

Bring in the new.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We've had how many Batmen? We can go for another Superman.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    We've had how many Batmen? We can go for another Superman.
    10:

Adam West
    Michael Keaton
    Val Kilmer
    Kevin Conroy
    George Clooney
    Christian Bale
    Ben Affleck
    Will Arnett
    Robert Pattison
    Keanu Reeves

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    10:

Adam West
    Michael Keaton
    Val Kilmer
    Kevin Conroy
    George Clooney
    Christian Bale
    Ben Affleck
    Will Arnett
    Robert Pattison
    Keanu Reeves
    Oh more than 10 if we're going this route:
    Lewis Wilson (first ever Batman from the 40's serial)
    Jensen Ackles (new animated Batman voice)
    Paul London (yes that Paul London, played Batman in a fan movie 1987 Blood of the Bat)
    David Mazouz (Gotham...kind of a stretch to include him but might as well lol)

Just to name a couple more lol I actually just googled people who have played or voiced Batman and it's a list alright lol

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Henry not playing Superman now. Eh.

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/j...ut-1235461889/
    So he ruined the best show on TV to NOT be superman. Great.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    So he ruined the best show on TV to NOT be superman. Great.
    the witcher? he was likely leaving that anyway because of disputes with how the creative team was approaching the show. there were no immediate plans for superman so he had no reason to leave the show over that. beyond that, like his statement said, he was literally told by the studio to announce his return, and they're so unorganized right now that within two months they completely flipped their approach.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Cavill is scapegoating the studio there in an attempt to save face. He put out his statement on social media about being "back" as Superman without a greenlit movie while the studio was in flux because he wanted to pressure them into bringing him back.

While I don't follow The Witcher, I think Morrison is right that he didn't leave that show because of Superman. It was for other reasons from what I've heard.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Cavill is scapegoating the studio there in an attempt to save face. He put out his statement on social media about being "back" as Superman without a greenlit movie while the studio was in flux because he wanted to pressure them into bringing him back.

While I don't follow The Witcher, I think Morrison is right that he didn't leave that show because of Superman. It was for other reasons from what I've heard.

he put his statement out the monday after black adam opened, which had the secret scene of him returning as superman and confronting black adam.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post

he put his statement out the monday after black adam opened, which had the secret scene of him returning as superman and confronting black adam.
    And....? He said his cameo was just a taste of things to come, but he didn't have a commitment from the studio. He was talking out of his ass, and we can presume he did so to rally his online supporters (of which there are many), or he was duped by someone but that seems less likely. This isn't revisionist history, Grace Randolph said it was bullshit the day he posted it. The Rock pushed for the Cavill cameo and got it. The Rock had big plans to stake his claim in the superhero cash machine and surely wanted a Superman vs Black Adam movie (Shazam was below The Rock's standards). Unfortunately Black Adam flopped and literally 1 day after Cavill posted that post, the new heads of DC Studios were announced. Why would Cavill have had a greenlit movie before even meeting with the new heads of the studio? It makes no sense. Gunn and Safran hadn't even come up with their plans yet at that point.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yeah, probably cavil going into business for himself and not a corporation in the middle of a merger, who outright shelved a film months before it was set to release, being a bit shitty and disorganized. the idea for the cameo was floated during reshoots earlier in the year, a deal was finalized in the summer and the scene shot in september to set up the characters involvement in a potential black adam sequel. why negotiate a deal and pay for a secret cameo shoot and post production a month out from announcing your new heads for that brand's direction? especially when you're already in cost-cutting mode and you know it's not going to amount to anything. it was a case of the parent company approaching names trying to recruit for the job while the current head was continuing with business as usual. hamada signed off and negotiated the deal for cavil to return and two months later gunn and safran are introduced to the situation, with properties like the joker sequel and matt reeve's batman universe not being overseen by the two.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be a work.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    yeah, probably cavil going into business for himself and not a corporation in the middle of a merger, who outright shelved a film months before it was set to release, being a bit shitty and disorganized. the idea for the cameo was floated during reshoots earlier in the year, a deal was finalized in the summer and the scene shot in september to set up the characters involvement in a potential black adam sequel. why negotiate a deal and pay for a secret cameo shoot and post production a month out from announcing your new heads for that brand's direction? especially when you're already in cost-cutting mode and you know it's not going to amount to anything. it was a case of the parent company approaching names trying to recruit for the job while the current head was continuing with business as usual. hamada signed off and negotiated the deal for cavil to return and two months later gunn and safran are introduced to the situation, with properties like the joker sequel and matt reeve's batman universe not being overseen by the two.
    fair take

...except The Hollywood Reporter reported in October regarding the cameo: "Then-DC Films boss Walter Hamada rejected the idea, as he had his own plans for Superman. Johnson went around Hamada’s back to new Warner Bros. film bosses Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy, who approved the idea."

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    fair take

...except The Hollywood Reporter reported in October regarding the cameo: "Then-DC Films boss Walter Hamada rejected the idea, as he had his own plans for Superman. Johnson went around Hamada’s back to new Warner Bros. film bosses Michael De Luca and Pamela Abdy, who approved the idea."
    this more proves my point about the studio not having a fucking clue what they were trying to do with the DC brand. they kept plates spinning and once gunn signed on they didn't give a shit if they fell.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fucking hate super hero films now.

I was a comics nerd in an era when it wasn't cool at all and I remember being so psyched for X-MEN...400 zillion of these fuckers later and I just despise them. I haven't watched any of the Superman films with Cavill so I can't speak to them.

I just want my Witcher. And it isn't Bob Hemsworth or whichever one we're getting.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; December 16th, 2022 at 3:02 AM.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was a comics nerd in an era when it wasn't cool at all and I remember being so psyched for X-MEN...400 zillion of these fuckers later and I just despise them. I haven't watched any of the Superman films with Cavill so I can't speak to them.
    Not sure if you missed it, but the absolute pinnacle of super hero movies occurred very recently from like 2016-2019. Check it out.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just want my Witcher. And it isn't Bob Hemsworth or whichever one we're getting.
    It's not so much that I hate them, I'm just not as into them as I used to be. Oversaturation of the product, having kids, work being crazy, it's any number or combination of reasons but the fact remains that even just a few years ago my wife and I were at every superhero movie opening night. Now we don't even care if we watch the latest Marvel show on Disney.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just waiting for Hollywood to start making the multiple book series I like into movies.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love comic book movies. I'm someone who grew up a huge comic book nerd and would have given my right arm to have the amount of movies we have today. Am I there with BigAI on opening night? Naw, never been that type of moviegoer. I'm the guy that waits 2-3 weeks sometimes because I don't like crowded theaters. I did go see Wakanda Forever opening weekend but I went to a theater where I knew nobody would be and sure enough, there were like 15 people there lol.
    @Fro The pinnacle hasn't been reached yet imo. Not when the best MCU movie of all time came out in 2021 (No Way Home).

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    I'm just waiting for Hollywood to start making the multiple book series I like into movies.
    Take a number because if there's anything that trumps comic book movies it's the amount of book series made into films that we have. There are movies and shows that I had no clue were books.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fro The pinnacle hasn't been reached yet imo. Not when the best MCU movie of all time came out in 2021 (No Way Home).
    I strongly disagree. I want to and plan to re-watch NWH at some point because when I saw it at the cinema I thought it was a mix of really cool fanfare with blatantly sub-par writing. The triggering event of the story, and the main conflict and resolution, were so stupid to me. Which is not to say the movie sucked, just that it wouldn't land in my top 15 MCU movies let alone the pinnacle of super hero movies.

But obviously people loved it and I look forward to watching it again and seeing if my opinion of it will rise.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I strongly disagree. I want to and plan to re-watch NWH at some point because when I saw it at the cinema I thought it was a mix of really cool fanfare with blatantly sub-par writing. The triggering event of the story, plus the actual main conflict and resolution, was so stupid to me. Which is not to say the movie sucked, just that it wouldn't land in my top 15 MCU movies let alone the pinnacle of super hero movies.

But obviously people loved it and I look forward to watching it again and seeing if my opinion of it will rise.
    For a long time Winter Solider was my favorite MCU movie.

I don't think No Way Home was the pinnacle, I don't think we've seen the pinnacle just yet as great movies keep coming out. But 2016-2019 was a great stretch. I do think the pandemic didn't do us any favors the last few years.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't think we will ever get another run like 2016-2019. That was the peak in terms of a multi-movie universal build up and climax. And obviously that period was built upon the already-established universe, but I'm calling out that specific 4-year run since I think it was consistently great and led directly to the IW/EG climax. So if someone says they hate super hero movies now, I would say I agree that they've become oversaturated, but also point out that we're only 3 years removed from a run that might never be topped.

Having said all this, obviously not all super hero movies need to be multi-movie universe building with crossover characters. When I talk about the pinnacle, I don't mean to say that singular movies or even movie series (e.g. trilogies) can't come out in the future that will be just as good or better, and in varying styles and tones. Artists are going to keep coming up with cool ways to tell stories, like Todd Phillips did with Joker (not saying it's a GOAT level super hero movie but I thought it was really great and fresh). But in terms of sprawl and crossovers and team-ups, I truly don't think we'll see another run on the level of the Infinity Saga. And that includes what Feige is doing now in his run-up to Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars. I don't think it'll be as good, though I still look forward to it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally don't think we will ever get another run like 2016-2019. That was the peak in terms of a multi-movie universal build up and climax. And obviously that period was built upon the already-established universe, but I'm calling out that specific 4-year run since I think it was consistently great and led directly to the IW/EG climax. So if someone says they hate super hero movies now, I would say I agree that they've become oversaturated, but also point out that we're only 3 years removed from a run that might never be topped.

Having said all this, obviously not all super hero movies need to be multi-movie universe building with crossover characters. When I talk about the pinnacle, I don't mean to say that singular movies or even movie series (e.g. trilogies) can't come out in the future that will be just as good or better, and in varying styles and tones. Artists are going to keep coming up with cool ways to tell stories, like Todd Phillips did with Joker (not saying it's a GOAT level super hero movie but I thought it was really great and fresh). But in terms of sprawl and crossovers and team-ups, I truly don't think we'll see another run on the level of the Infinity Saga. And that includes what Feige is doing now in his run-up to Kang Dynasty and Secret Wars. I don't think it'll be as good, though I still look forward to it.
    It's all subjective and I know that's a lazy response to the whole "what era was the best" conversation but it's true. There's peaks and valleys. Even the MCU it felt like there were some fans already tapping out by the time Guardians Vol 2 dropped maybe even earlier. Too many characters, too many different plots and team ups and jumping around the timelines.

It seems great to the older fans but what about the younger crowd? My daughters are 17 and 11, they're more into the newer stuff than the older stuff. Possibly due to more female characters being used like Scarlet Witch, Capt Marvel, Black Widow so they can relate with more than just Thor's girlfriend lol.

I mean I come from a generation where we had Howard the Duck, The Punisher, and that was pretty much it for Marvel movies until Blade-which I imagine most people didn't even know that was a Marvel property the same way most didn't compute Howard the Duck was a comic book character. You just don't pay attention to shit like that especially with lesser known characters.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Super hero movies now in a nutshell:

1. Hero is insignificant but special.
    2. Hero not want to be hero because they no want to be hero.
    3. Bad thing happen.
    4. Hero say ok I be hero.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Super hero movies now in a nutshell:

1. Hero is insignificant but special.
    2. Hero not want to be hero because they no want to be hero.
    3. Bad thing happen.
    4. Hero say ok I be hero.
    5. Cater to all demographic
    6. Make billion
    7. Post gif

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    The problem for Cavill is that by the time we got to Justice League, he finally got it. Man of Steel was a bad movie made worse by that disastrous third act. Batman vs Superman maybe one of the worst movies I have seen in a theater and I saw Superman IV and Battlefield Earth. As bad as Joss' League, he at least made Clark fun and gave him the John Williams Theme. Snyder never got Superman, he got Batman, but even in the 4 hour cut, Superman is still is just there. The only good thing about it was hopefully it will kill the Snyderverse. I loath it.

I would find it odd for Gunn to scrap the Snyderverse while his Suicide Squad and Peacemaker stories are sorta tied to it. Then again, scorch earthing the entire thing may not be the worst idea.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Personally been a big fan of everything Gunn has done in the superhero world. We shall see how he fares on a bigger scale but I'm OK with starting from scratch. 90% of the people have complained non stop about how terrible DC is and now they are complaining because it's not gonna be what they hated.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think in terms of the DC hate is that people saw potential in a lot of the casting. Affleck was shit on but there's nothing new there when it comes to a new Batman, we've been hearing "what a terrible choice" since Michael Keaton.

Neither Marvel or DC are hitting it out the park with everything they do. I can see that DC is probably wanting their universe to be more like the MCU but I think that would be a mistake. I like the darker tones that the DC movies have including the movies that aren't part of the universe (Joker, Batman). Shazam worked in that universe because it wasn't dark. But I don't know if I want to see the Cartoon Network Teen Titans style approach to Justice League but who knows. Maybe they want it to be more like the CW shows which wouldn't be a bad idea those were all great.

Do they even have any CW shows left? Flash is about to end. I haven't heard much about the Superman and Lois show or whatever it's called. Everything else wrapped up.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Flash is entering it's last season.
    Which is alright, since I think by the time they did the big Crisis On Infinite Earths crossover, most of the main CW shows had their better days behind them. I've heard good stuff about the Superman/Lois series but I never seemed to watch it (correction: I caught one ep on TNT, and that was it)... maybe if it had come out contemporary to when Crisis was out instead of Batwoman and Black Lightning I would've been able to follow it. I've heard good stuff about the Stargirl series, too, but there's another series that got shuffled from TV to streaming to wherever and now that's cancelled, too. For all these options in how to watch a series, they love moving stuff around, which kills any 'momentum' IMO in building an audience.
    Between the pandemic, the incessant clinging to the DC-Snyderverse (great casting but poor execution) and then this neverending shitshow at the corporate level with Warner/Discovery, the DC franchise at both TV and movie level have been to jinxed to all hell. Hopefully Gunn can be their Feige to keep things consistant.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me that's what it comes down, great casting but poor execution. It's weird because there was a moment where it felt like oh shit, they might be getting on a decent path. Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Shazam, those movies were getting high praise. Is there too much pressure for the DCEU to match the MCU? Both from the studio and fans. How many fans are wanting these shared universes and how is that affecting the process?

I can't even tell you how many times I've said "I don't want to see Robert Pattinson and Joquain Phoenix to cross paths, I like them being separate from each other" But people are getting so used to everything happening under one umbrella especially one particular character I can see why these changes at WB are happening. WB and Disney have been battling longer than some of our grandparents have been alive. WB wants that same type of Universe.

See, I'm pretty lenient with comic book movies. I've liked everything from all studios for the most part including Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern, New Mutants, Ghost Rider 2, still haven't seen the newer Fantastic Four. I wasn't not a fan of Dark Phoenix. Point being that I wasn't as negative toward certain movies as others were so it does suck if we don't get to Rock as Black Adam outside of the one movie or future Gal Gadot Wonder Woman performances.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I saw that the new Exorcist movie is coming out a week earlier, to avoid the Taylor Swift concert film now coming out October 13.

What a shame they couldn't have made it an Exorswift double feature. Everyone would benefit.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    God, I've missed you...

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I've seen Saw - Saw VII, but do I need to see Jigsaw and Spiral before seeing Saw X?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen Saw - Saw VII, but do I need to see Jigsaw and Spiral before seeing Saw X?
    I would say yes because every single movie is tied together in some way and you'll probably miss some little nod to Spiral or something.

The one nice thing about these movies is that the majority are just torture porn. There's no real plot beyond the obvious. I really liked Spiral it had a totally different vibe than the other movies aside from the first one. I would say it's my 2nd favorite out of all the movies.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Didn't see Fast X cause I hadn't seen 6-9, didn't see the new Mission Impossible cause I saw 1-4 but none of the rest. It's like I don't see one then I feel hopeless.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Didn't see Fast X cause I hadn't seen 6-9, didn't see the new Mission Impossible cause I saw 1-4 but none of the rest. It's like I don't see one then I feel hopeless.
    LOL Oh I hear ya. I'm actually watching the Mission Impossible movies now I've never seen any of them. Just started 2. So far they don't totally suck.

But I hear you man I'm like that with certain movies but I also think the fact I grew up not seeing every Friday the 13th and Elm St in chronological order made it easier for me to skip around if need be. I didn't even know that there was an Evil Dead 1 and 2 when I saw Army of Darkness. I was like 11 when that shit came out.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You're right, pretty sure the first Friday the 13th I saw was Jason Takes Manhattan, first Elm Street was New Nightmare. I saw Hangover and Hangover III but not II. I went to see one of the Underworld sequels, without having seen any of the prior ones and had no clue what was happening so I walked out.

I think movies like Fast X, Mission Impossible, you probably don't need to see the prior films

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was eyeing Fast X to watch the other day but already started going through the previous ones prior to knowing the newest one was available. I made it up to 3 (and always felt like 2 and 3 are really pointless in terms of continuity with the series, related to casting) and looked at it like shit, I really don't feel like watching all these others in order to get to the new one.

I did watch all Mission Impossible movies except the newest one. I always go back to 1 and 2, could do without 3, then Ghost Protocol hooked me back in to want to see the rest.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    The new Exorcist film looks so awful from the trailer, but I'm still intrigued. Will probably wait until it hits Peacock though.

Mentioned
    56 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    italy
    New Exorcist is actually not bad. I have not seen Exorcist III the entire way through, but the new one is better than II which is the lowest bars in movie history as its probably the worst sequel of all time of a classic film. Still, I think it makes a nice sequel to the original one.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lotjx View Post
    New Exorcist is actually not bad. I have not seen Exorcist III the entire way through, but the new one is better than II which is the lowest bars in movie history as its probably the worst sequel of all time of a classic film. Still, I think it makes a nice sequel to the original one.
    Did you ever see the prequels where they filmed one and it was so bad they refilmed the entire movie...Only to release both of them anyway.

I want to see the new one. Too many people are like "it's not as good as the original" well no fuckin shit the original is arguably one of the top 20 movies of all time of any genre let alone horror. If this new one came out in 1972 it would've done alot more than people puking and passing out lol. I'm here for it hopefully it's good.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Did you ever see the prequels where they filmed one and it was so bad they refilmed the entire movie...Only to release both of them anyway.

I want to see the new one. Too many people are like "it's not as good as the original" well no fuckin shit the original is arguably one of the top 20 movies of all time of any genre let alone horror. If this new one came out in 1972 it would've done alot more than people puking and passing out lol. I'm here for it hopefully it's good.
    I saw one of the prequels, I think it was Exorcist: The Beginning and I remember loving it. I was shocked to find out online how much it was hated. Now I haven't seen it since I saw it in the theaters, so I should go back and see if I still feel the same.

I read Peacock paid $300 million or something for the rights to stream this new Exorcist movie, so I'm sure it'll be on there soon. Wish I had seen David Gordon Green's Halloween Ends on Peacock instead of the theater. Good lord what a terrible Halloween movie.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    If I had to choose between an ex or cyst, I'd probably choose ex, just to slap that booty one more time.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I saw one of the prequels, I think it was Exorcist: The Beginning and I remember loving it. I was shocked to find out online how much it was hated. Now I haven't seen it since I saw it in the theaters, so I should go back and see if I still feel the same.

I read Peacock paid $300 million or something for the rights to stream this new Exorcist movie, so I'm sure it'll be on there soon. Wish I had seen David Gordon Green's Halloween Ends on Peacock instead of the theater. Good lord what a terrible Halloween movie.
    I read that Universal paid $400 million for the rights. That's wild.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What a gamble. WIth the bad word of mouth this is getting, it's going to drop pretty fast. And then that's going to carry over to the next one.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maldives