5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    This was so close to making my list, it was pretty much all I played on my PS3 when I first got it, but there was a particular bug where using more than two of the DLCs in a single playthrough absolutely killed the framerate. It’s a shame, because they were all linked, had cool gear/loot and gave characters like Elijah and Ulysses interesting character arcs.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    My favorite Fallout game ever.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love love love this game. Was #7 for me. One of my absolute favorites from the last generation. Took everything great about Fallout 3 and made it even better, especially when crafting a .otr interesting, colorful world, even as a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love to get a copy of No Mercy and play it. I owned Wrestlemania 2000 but never No Mercy. I put a ton of hours into WM2000. Wasn't there some glitch with No Mercy or something? I seem to recall there was some technical problem with it.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fro View Post
    I would love to get a copy of No Mercy and play it. I owned Wrestlemania 2000 but never No Mercy. I put a ton of hours into WM2000. Wasn't there some glitch with No Mercy or something? I seem to recall there was some technical problem with it.
    So are you saying you've never played No Mercy? You can find a copy for super cheap. I bought one on Amazon that was like $7. Not sure about any out of the ordinary glitching. Never heard anything but that it's the GOAT of all wrestling games.

It was my #8. I've post about this many times especially when peeps started pretending the new AEW game was going to be on par...but it was more about the experience than anything else. First time outside of the arcade you could truly do multi-person wrestling beyond the 2-player co op. Yeah the controls were slick, the graphics were terrible even for that time when comparing it to Attitude, Warzone, Nitro, but it still held up. CAW was dope. But again, it all comes down to the experience.

This was the game that united cliques. Jocks, juggalos, math wizards, rich, poor. I remember getting high and playing for hours.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved 2000 and No Mercy a lot at the time but I don't find them as fun to play years on down the line.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    So are you saying you've never played No Mercy? You can find a copy for super cheap. I bought one on Amazon that was like $7. Not sure about any out of the ordinary glitching. Never heard anything but that it's the GOAT of all wrestling games.

It was my #8. I've post about this many times especially when peeps started pretending the new AEW game was going to be on par...but it was more about the experience than anything else. First time outside of the arcade you could truly do multi-person wrestling beyond the 2-player co op. Yeah the controls were slick, the graphics were terrible even for that time when comparing it to Attitude, Warzone, Nitro, but it still held up. CAW was dope. But again, it all comes down to the experience.

This was the game that united cliques. Jocks, juggalos, math wizards, rich, poor. I remember getting high and playing for hours.
    I've played No Mercy. I think I rented it back in the day. I just never owned it so I never played it a ton. I played WM2000 probably 10x more.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've played No Mercy. I think I rented it back in the day. I just never owned it so I never played it a ton. I played WM2000 probably 10x more.
    I never owned a N64 until about 4 years ago but there was also 1 or 2 of us in the inner circle of friends that had one. Shit I didn't even get a Playstation until 2000 lol. But I always had a controller!

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Another one that made my N64 longlist. There was a glitch that happened at the end of a story mode (with the branching storylines when you win or lose) when your all your saved data got wiped, but I think that was just on an early batch of cartridges.
    Weird difficulty spikes though, like when you got a match you had to win to progress the storyline and it was always a handicap match against the Acolytes backstage or something. Mick Foley at the end of the hardcore storyline was no joke, either.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    While I wouldn't put either on my long list I'll still say that WM 2000 and No Mercy are great multi-player fun. If not on the same level as Goldeneye/Mario Party/Mario Kart, still very close

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The thing I love most was the open ended storyline from No Mercy where every little action affected the story. My favorite one was as Kurt Angle I was hardcore champ, but I never bothered using weapons and just tapped everyone out. I then got a storyline about how I wasn't hardcore enough to be the champ. The replay value in that game was immense. You could even go for the women's title with Rikishi which was fantastic for the bikini contest.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not one of my games on yet...lets see.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Don't know if you put any 8-bit games on, but with me, you, and Badger all owning different systems, I doubt any of those games will appear.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still haven't actually played this but my daughter has been playing it recently. I actually walked in and thought she was watching a movie. It's definitely on my bucket list of newer games to play.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Don't know if you put any 8-bit games on, but with me, you, and Badger all owning different systems, I doubt any of those games will appear.
    It isn't a true top 20 if there isn't a single NES game on the list.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't a true top 20 if there isn't a single NES game on the list.
    there will be

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I'd imagine the NES was more dominant in the US than any one computer system in the UK at that time.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was a good age for the NES. I was 5-12 during its run. Fuck those games. Too hard lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never played much Man de la Mega and the only Metal Gear I ever played was Twin Snakes for the Gamecube.

Now GTAIII. Controversial take time.

GTAIII, in retrospect, fucking sucks my ass. From the PS1 level graphics, to the clunky play control, to the awful dialogue and voice acting, this game is a turd.

Now I get it. I'm only saying this because of every GTA game that came after being better. And this game was the blueprint.

Well I'll agree, this game IS the blueprint. But that doesn't make it good. It just makes it important. It's an important game. But age has shown all the cracks and after playing all the way to the end for the first time last year, zero nostalgia factor for me, its goddamn awful. I will never play it again.
    Last edited by Rancid_Planet; January 13th, 2023 at 4:49 AM.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only dabbled in Mega Man when I got the SNES Mini a couple of years ago. Never played it during its “prime”. Metal Gear Solid was just one of those games that passed me by.

Quote Originally Posted by Rancid_Planet View Post
    Never played much Man de la Mega and the only Metal Gear I ever played was Twin Snakes for the Gamecube.

GTAIII, in retrospect, fucking sucks my ass. From the PS1 level graphics, to the clunky play control, to the awful dialogue and voice acting, this game is a turd.

Now I get it. I'm only saying this because of every GTA game that came after being better. And this game was the blueprint.

Well I'll agree, this game IS the blueprint. But that doesn't make it good. It just makes it important. It's an important game. But age has shown all the cracks and after playing all the way to the end for the first time last year, zero nostalgia factor for me, its goddamn awful. I will never play it again.
    I don’t think that’s a controversial take at all really.

I only played GTA once it got more popular, in San Andreas and GTA V. Fun to play and initially started playing through the story missions but (and this is a bit uncharacteristic for me as usually a bit of a completionist) I went off that and just shitplayed on purpose coming up with as many ways as possible to get arrested. Weed might have been a factor there too lol.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh, thank God I'm not the only one!

When I was a kid, I felt like I was the only one who didn't like this game. The concept was great and I had fun playing it, but I got bored of it real quick and could already see it's shortcomings. I didn't fall in love with the series until Vice City.

Mega Man X is one of my all-time favs (I voted it #4), and MGS is one of my favorite series, though I opted to vote for MGS3 only. I've spent so many hours with both games, though.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember playing the first GTA on my cousin's computer. For it's time GTA III was pretty badass. I was like others though where I didn't really jump on the train until Vice City but San Andreas was the slam dunk. I'll never forget going to Gamestop that day it came out and there were over 100 people waiting in line.

Never got into Metal Gear. I think the NES game turned me off to everything moving forward but I feel like I've done the franchise a disservice.

Huge fan of Mega Man on the NES. I do like the Super Nes-present games but I was kind of sour on them going from 8 villains to 4 or whatever and making more of a traditional action adventure game. Mega Man X was pretty fun. I actually had to take off Mega Man 3 as I was up to 35 games
    Last edited by Nash Diesel; January 13th, 2023 at 12:38 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember playing the first GTA on my cousin's computer. For it's time GTA III was pretty badass. I was like others though where I didn't really jump on the train until Vice City but San Andreas was the slam dunk. I'll never forget going to Gamestop that day it came out and there were over 100 people waiting in line.

Never got into Metal Gear. I think the NES game turned me off to everything moving forward but I feel like I've done the franchise a disservice.

Huge fan of Mega Man on the NES. I do like the Super Nes-present games but I was kind of sour on them going from 8 villains to 4 or whatever and making more of a traditional action adventure game. Mega Man X was pretty fun. I actually had to take off Mega Man 3 as I was up to 35 games
    You ought to give one of the first three MGS games a shot. They're considerably different. MGS1 might be a bit better if you don't care as much about cutscenes and shit, but a lot of people point to MGS3 as the best one. MGS2 is great also, but it'll probably be even harder to connect with unless you play the first one.

I was sad to take off Mega Man 2 on my list. The whole series up until the PS2 era has been one of my favs, but being the age I am, the X series holds the most nostalgia for me. Mega Man X was the first game I owned that wasn't Super Mario World, so it has a long history with me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    You ought to give one of the first three MGS games a shot. They're considerably different. MGS1 might be a bit better if you don't care as much about cutscenes and shit, but a lot of people point to MGS3 as the best one. MGS2 is great also, but it'll probably be even harder to connect with unless you play the first one.

I was sad to take off Mega Man 2 on my list. The whole series up until the PS2 era has been one of my favs, but being the age I am, the X series holds the most nostalgia for me. Mega Man X was the first game I owned that wasn't Super Mario World, so it has a long history with me.
    I've heard the MSG games are definitely the ones to play. I always liked the concept, every entry felt like it was 10 years ahead of it's time. I wish I could remember the one my homeboy used to play religiously, I think it was the first Metal Gear Solid.

I didn't play any non-NES Mega Man games until the PS2 released this banger compilation of almost all the Mega Man games up until that point. I might've played Mega Man X prior, maybe even the arcade Mega Man that looked kind of similar. Either way yeah I felt bad not including any Mega Man games but it was hard to narrow that list down to 20.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to admit when the trailer first appeared on a demo disc of PlayStation Magazine, I wasn't excited. I once rented the NES game, but had literally no idea what to do in it other than die. I played a demo of it at a store (the voices were still in Japanese); at the time, I really didn't understand the fuss. I'd been trying to punch out the guards and always wondered why they kept getting back up. It wasn't until I realized what I was doing wrong that I was hooked on it. It's the only game I played back to back to back. My introduction to the genre, and I just fell in love with the world and characters. I haven’t played it in several years but whenever I play something that makes me rethink my all-time faves list, in the end, MGS always goes back to the top.
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; June 1st, 2023 at 4:03 PM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    GTA III had to crawl so the later games could run. I can't remember how it looked at the time, but it certainly aged pretty badly pretty quickly.

MGS is pretty much the same - except the game is still engaging and encourages creative playing. I still remember the first time I did the Grey Fox fight trying to shoot him and wondering why it wasn't working. And Psycho Mantis set the bar for all future MGS bosses:

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Brock View Post
    I have to admit when the trailer first appeared on a demo disc of PlayStation Magazine, I wasn't excited. I had once rented the NES game, but had literally no idea what to do in it other than die. I played a demo of it at a store (the voices were still in Japanese); at the time, I really didn't understand the fuss. I'd been trying to punch out the guards and always wondered why they kept getting back up. It wasn't until I realized what I was doing wrong that I was hooked on it.
    I used to work for a magazine circulation company and we had all the gaming magazines. I feel bad admitting this (sort of) but we had so much stock for when people wouldn't get their copy in the mail or it was damaged....That I would go through like 4-5 months prior and take the demo discs out of the PSM. This was like 20 years ago so I was young, stupid, but yeah even PC Gamer I had a demo disc of that game Postal......

You'd be shocked at how many replacement copies they have just collecting dust. Then they just give them away to employees or toss them but sometimes they would be like a year old lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    GTA III had to crawl so the later games could run. I can't remember how it looked at the time, but it certainly aged pretty badly pretty quickly.

MGS is pretty much the same - except the game is still engaging and encourages creative playing. I still remember the first time I did the Grey Fox fight trying to shoot him and wondering why it wasn't working. And Psycho Mantis set the bar for all future MGS bosses:
    Good point. GTA 3 for it's time was the shit but it really did feel like the franchise did some pretty big jumps from GTA 3 to San Andreas. My brother gave me a bundle copy of GTA 3 and Vice City for the X BOX and it was like having Donkey Kong and Super Mario 3 the advancements were noticeable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; May 6th, 2023 at 3:06 PM.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bounced off this one so hard.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trevor should have been the sole protagonist.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still haven't fully finished the GTAV story, which I probably should soon. Still, as a full package, it still didn't really hold a candle to San Andreas and Vice City for me enough to put it on my list.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    [14. Red Dead Redemption 2

Developer: Rockstar Studios
    Publisher: Rockstar Games
    Platform(s): PlayStation 4, Windows, Xbox One
    Release: 2018
    Highest Vote: 1st
    Voter: Randolph
    If I didn't vote for this it's only because I'm actively playing through it for the first time. Just got to the part where

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought GTA5 would be higher than 11th. My list was Nintendo-heavy but even I had GTA5 pretty high up (9th)

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never played GTAV I bought 4 and 5, never played either but my kids did. IDK if that's a good thing or not.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    V was better than IV if only because Roman doesn't call you asking to go bowling when you're at the other end of the map.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like IV has the better story, but V has the better world to play in. But I can't help but feel like GTA V wastes half the map and doesn't have much to do with the various properties you can buy. Which is part of what made Vice City and San Andreas so good.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mon the Final Fantasies!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Trevor should have been the sole protagonist.
    Splitting it up was a great idea, IMO. Trevor was better in smaller doses and I liked Michael's character (his family, however, made me want to slam my head into concrete). Franklin was pretty bland, but I still didn't mind him, he was alright.

Red Dead and GTA have the most re-playability out of almost any other game I have played. GTA 5 is still played 9 years after it came out and Red Dead Redemption 2 is still one of the most beautifully laid out games of all time. It is one of the few games where you get completely invested in the characters and the story was fantastic.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; May 6th, 2023 at 3:09 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own that game.

One day I'll play it I swear.

Champ is Gone
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One day they'll make Part 6 they swear

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not sure I've put more time into a game than Skyrim

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I loved Skyrim, but it never resonates with me the same way Bethesda/Obsidian's Fallout games did. The sheer impact on the gaming world is undeniable though

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    2nd favorite Elder Scrolls game.

for the other to make it.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The one that started it all. Just turned it on the other day. It's still fun.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yup. Still play it occasionally.

Many memorable childhood sibling battles on battle mode.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Had a charm that the N64 version didn't. Still fun to bomb around even if Mario and Luigi were cheap SOBs and the rubber band AI was infuriating at times.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My oldest son is a die hard fan of those Skyrim games or whatever the actual franchise is called. He just found my daughter's ps3 so he's been playing this game recently.

Super Mario Kart....That was the game that united the family for the Super NES. Grandma was playing Super Mario Kart. Fights broke out over bumping your little brother off the rainbow road lol.

There is a reason Nintendo has lasted and why the Mario universe is what it is. Games like Super Mario Kart.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; May 6th, 2023 at 3:10 PM.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    #1 with a bullet.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just played it for the first time before sending my list and it made it. I think it's the best of the original trilogy by a solid amount.

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They each bring something to the table. Granted, 3 brings mostly sadness. BUT IT'S STILL SOMETHING.
    Last edited by CWE; January 16th, 2023 at 3:11 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a part of my brain that says I played this when I used to have Game Fly. I just don't know if it was the first or second.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I’ll speak more on this later, but for now, if anyone put this at #2 because of the water temple…I understand.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Out of the top 10 entirely because of the water temple.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always wanted to play this but nobody I knew with a 64 had it. I'm not a big Zelda player but I am a fan. I've only owned a couple Zelda games. Zelda II for the NES, Link to the Past which I bought through the WiiU, that might be it actually.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most important video game of the post 2d era. And STILL a shit ton of fun.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yea I love me some Mario 64. I replayed it last year on switch and while the camera controls don’t hold up super well, the level design and is still top notch and the game is a blast. I had it in my top 3. And as you said, it was so revolutionary for its time. It was truly mind blowing to go from 2D to 3D gameplay. Not that it was the first, but it blew the doors off.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh the camera was a nightmare then and it's even worse to deal with now.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember hating Mario64 but loving the music. The camera bullshit was the #1 negative that the 64 had imo. Turok, South Park, once you figure out that camera you're all set. Still annoying though. Years later I would buy Mario64 when I had the WiiU. The camera and the fact you're not playing it with the proper controller didn't make it the greatest game in the world but I enjoyed it more now than I did in the 90's.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breath of the Wild is a flawless game in my opinion. I've never been a Zelda guy. I've literally never even played Ocarina of Time. But BOTW got such rave reviews and looked so great that I gave it a go and it blew me away.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most important video game of the post 2d era. And STILL a shit ton of fun.
    I don't know why I never thought about it before but it's crazy to me that there are only 15 worlds in this game. As a kid, it was what got me into video games. I believe the first game I ever played was Pacman, but Super Mario 64 made me become immersed in gaming. My dad bought a Nintendo 64 soon after it came out and got Super Mario 64, knowing I'd like it. I spent hour upon hour, day upon day in my basement playing that game. It's my favorite game on N64, just before No Mercy. My favorite level is Bob-omb Battlefield. It was the first level of the game, and it gave me the sense of how big and great the rest of the game would be. Now I'm going to have to go play it on Switch sometime.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; June 2nd, 2023 at 1:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    For you, finding out that Street Fighter 2 is the sixth greatest game of all time was the biggest moment of your life. For me, it was a Wednesday.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breath of the Wild is a flawless game in my opinion. I've never been a Zelda guy. I've literally never even played Ocarina of Time. But BOTW got such rave reviews and looked so great that I gave it a go and it blew me away.
    I wanted better dungeons. If the sequel gives me that I'll be happy as a little girl.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked Street Fighter but #6 seems high for this fighting game. I did include one fighting game on my list, though (Super Smash Bros Melee).

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; January 20th, 2023 at 2:57 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine

You can't unsee it now.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally some I voted on.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It was #5 for me. Partly sentimental reasons as this was my first ever SNES game. There have been better fighting games since but it launched a boom in the fighting game industry and IMO has still aged pretty well today. Also fun to pop on at house parties.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Breaks my heart that I either removed Street Fighter 2 or I just forgot to add it. You know what I remember the most? Going into the options and playing the music. Capcom, imo, has the best video game music of all time. From Strider to Street Fighter to Resident Evil back to Mega Man, all the shit.

If this was a top 50 Golden Eye would've been somewhere in the 40's for me no doubt. The multiplayer and cheat codes made this and Perfect Dark two of my favorite games to play with my friends.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Had this at #7 and Street Fighter at #5. Maybe the wrong order, but meh. Quite a few of my university memories involve 4 player Goldeneye (Oddjob is banned!) or trying to find all the weird glitches/secrets. I think there's still a community of people out there speedrunning certain levels.
    I doubt we'll see Perfect Dark now, but that game took Goldeneye and turned everything up to 11.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just wondering if either there weren't many lists or I'm just old as fuck because we haven't seen a single NES game make the top 20. How is that possible?

I mean, GTA 3 of all GTA games made the top 20....? That's what happens when games get ranked high on a list but only maybe 3 people voted on it.

COME ON SUPER MARIO 3!!!!!!

I will admit my own list only had a few NES games but still didn't we all at least enjoy Super Mario 3. A couple more to go.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've very confident in 3 of the final 4 games (SMB3, SMW, and Halo) but I'm not sure on the 4th. Maybe SMB1 but I wouldn't have expected Mario to dominate the top 4 like that.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a part of me that wants to believe my top 3 are the final top 3.

There are 5 games we haven't seen that deserve a spot. Mario 3, Mario World, GTA San Andreas, Halo, and No Mercy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; January 20th, 2023 at 2:58 PM.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Peak GTA. Probably pushing the PS2 to its limits - a quality shared one of my other PS2 picks. I still get flashbacks whenever I play a Radio X track. Samuel L Jackson as Tenpenny. The first game I printed out maps for, to find all the gang tags, pearls and horseshoes. The jetpack. The police, ambulance and fire truck missions. The Las Venturas Strip. Going out of bounds too early and getting an instant 5 star wanted level. Turns out Los Santos smog is the perfect antidote for limited draw distances.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a part of me that wants to believe my top 3 are the final top 3.

There are 5 games we haven't seen that deserve a spot. Mario 3, Mario World, GTA San Andreas, Halo, and No Mercy.
    we saw No Mercy already

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we saw No Mercy already
    It didn't feel right when I included that game and I should've remembered the discussion from a few days ago. Been a long week.

San Andreas....I mean it's one of those few almost perfect like 99.9% level. The soundtrack that shaped my youth into my early teen years, the advanced level of customization, taking a little from the RPG world leveling up your stats, the cheat codes. I never did beat it. My younger brother did when he was living with me for a little bit "looking for job" ie beating San Andreas lol. I immediately grabbed it off the PS store when I got my PS4 and it's one of two games, the other being Resident Evil 5, that never gets put back in the library.

Extremely fun. The only reason it's not a perfect game imo, those stupid remote control plane missions. Take those out and I would say this is the perfect game. I mean I even let my kids play it when they were young. Sorry Mom. They liked to just drive around and then we had to dial it back when they figured out oh, you can get out and kill everyone on sight. But you can do it in a fresh pair of wannabe Jordans and a hockey jersey with shorts.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; January 20th, 2023 at 3:00 PM.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit behind on reveals, so I won't comment on everyone. I am definitely the outlier who hates Goldeneye, though. A lot of that has to do with not really liking FPS games, though. It's clearly iconic.

A lot of people will argue about whether Vice City or San Andreas was better, but for me, San Andreas was an improvement in every way. Some of the most fun I've ever had with a GTA game. First one that was really expansive. A bit of nostalgia because I grew up in Vegas and the west coast so this one always made me feel at home. Probably my favorite story of all of them, too. Excellent game, and the best GTA in my mind.

And of course FF7. That game is so synonymous with my childhood. Officially opened the floodgates for me as an RPG fan and completely captured my imagination. The environments, the music, the kickass limit breaks and summons. So many little details that still fill me with nostalgia any time I play this game.

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    The only reason it's not a perfect game imo, those stupid remote control plane missions. Take those out and I would say this is the perfect game.
    I know, right? That one Zero mission was probably the one thing that stopped me completing the game 100%, as much as that was a thing back then. And that includes the infuriating San Fierro driving school missions.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gaining gang territory was one of my favorite things about the game. I still get legitimately nostalgic thinking of flying around San Andreas listening to K-DST Running Down A Dream or what have you. And beyond all of it San Andreas has in my opinion the best antagonist of any video game ever:

Last edited by Eddie Brock; January 19th, 2023 at 11:17 PM.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy that my number one is my overall number three. I was already a Final Fantasy nut when I got this for a fiver out of GAME over twenty years ago in probably my best bargain buy ever at the time but the story had me hooked the deeper into the game you got. It started off slow but shit picked up at the Shinra Building. Also when living at student accommodation, I thought I’d disturbed the downstairs neighbours playing the game too loud. However they just came up to ask if that was the game I was playing and when I said it was they were like “Coooool!”

Played all the follow-up games in the franchise too and patiently awaiting Rebirth which is when I will seek out a PS5.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I never really played any Final Fantasy games. Maybe one on Super NES. I always wanted to get into them after FF7 came out. That seemed to be the one that really changed the game.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gaining gang territory was one of my favorite things about the game. I still get legitimately nostalgic thinking of flying around San Andreas listening to K-DST Running Down A Dream or what have you. And beyond all of it San Andreas has in my opinion the best antagonist of any video game ever:

The voice cast is incredible and Sam Jackson is my favorite actor of all time so it was a no brainer when I found out he was in it.

I just get lost in the soundtrack. I'll just start jackin cars and put on Radio Los Santos and cruise lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Guys, I made a little mistake. It seems that I accidentally counted Dreyski's vote for Final Fantasy XII towards Final Fantasy VII. As a result the top 5 games have shifted a bit but the games are still the same, except for the order they're in.

Final Fantasy VII moves down to #5 with 63 points and Goldeneye moves up to #4 while San Andreas moves up to #3. Sorry for that.
    Last edited by Eddie Brock; May 6th, 2023 at 3:12 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)