Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Money in the Bank (2022)

Theory (c) vs. Bobby Lashley - WWE United States Championship Match

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Carmella - Raw Women's Championship Match

Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Natalya - SmackDown Women's Championship Match

The Usos (c) vs. The Street Profits - Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship Match

Lacey Evans vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Liv Morgan vs. Raquel Rodriguez vs. Asuka vs. Shotzi vs. Becky Lynch - Women's Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Seth "Freakin" Rollins vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus vs. Omos vs. Sami Zayn vs. Riddle vs. Madcap - Men's Money in the Bank Ladder Match

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It's Madcap Moss' time and I cannot wait.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    So happy for Liv. Feel bad for Shotzi, couple of botches there.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Liv had that first awkward bump on the ladder too. Plus was almost crying on her entrance. I was like shit she's winning and I picked Becky in predictions.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Theory is a gem.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Crazy that SummerSlam is on July 30th and there's no August show. Weird times we live in.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm liking these events are happening more on saturdays

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This show has been awesome

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes!

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YES!

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes!

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McAfee needs a t-shirt "That Son Of A Bitch"

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wanted madcap or omos to win but I'm fine with theory

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ​Five Takeaways:Opening ladder match was messy in a lot of parts, but that didn’t stop the crowd from enjoying it. Liv was winning most everything in sight in the buildup to MITB and they doubled down here. I was sold she was the winner when she came out as she was extremely emotional walking out to the ring. Not the greatest of poker faces but she couldn’t contain the magnitude of the night. This win harkens back to the better usage of the briefcase: elevating someone in need of that final nudge, or putting everyone on notice and saying this is someone to watch.

Incredibly surprised with how heated the crowd was for the US Championship match. The crowd response was what I want to hear when I’m assessing whether or not someone is starting to build momentum. The crowd wanted Lashley to win AND they wanted to see Theory get his ass kicked. The work over recent months is starting to pay dividends in terms of building Theory up. Quite surprised they went with a title change here but it was made sense later. Hopefully they have a plan for Lashley and this doesn’t turn into something like Ricochet’s IC Championship reign.

It took a bit to hit that top gear between The Usos and The Street Profits but holy hell, they hit that gear hard. The crowd absolutely ate up the near-falls. Both teams have absolutely hit their peak as tandems. The fact they had that controversial camera angle ready to go with Ford’s shoulder up suggests this was their plan all along to run it back. Can’t blame them, considering how good they mesh together, but I’m concerned how they will keep it going as they exhausted the singles matches and the promo work. Might bode well that these two teams are hot right now and you hope they can ride the wave another four weeks.

Ronda and Natalya had their work cut out for them, following up what had just happened and the anticipation for the main event. Never would’ve pegged Ronda as a Heartbreak Kid fan but that pose while applying the Sharpshooter was something else. There was a lot of submission work at the end but Ronda outlasted Nattie. Crowd popped for Liv coming out and it was hilarious that the replay caught Ronda mouthing “shit” because she knew she was in trouble. Good tease that Ronda would retain but Liv capitalized on the hurt knee and claimed the championship. After many instances of getting close only to fall short, Liv’s finally gotten to the top of the mountain. The crowd loved it and it should hopefully be a fun ride for the new champ.

With no explanation as to why, Pearce announced Theory was added to the MITB match. With that, it was set that he lost the US Championship. That took away from the suspense of who would win, but this was absolutely a car crash of a match in a good way. So much went on during this and there were so many nasty bumps. There’s two paths on the horizon for Theory now: disaster or ascension. He’s either going to go out in a blaze of glory like Corbin, cashing in and failing or he climbs his way to the top. Either way, they should have Cena vs. Theory at Summerslam for the briefcase. Different stakes as originally slated when Theory had the championship, but Theory can get a quality win here as they tease that Cena can go after the record-breaking championship opportunity. WWE put their chips in the middle of the table with talent that still has room to grow in Liv and Theory. I applaud the effort.

Bonus takeaway:
    There was a vignette aired prior to the Smackdown Women’s Championship Match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After reading your report BG, people saying that Liv is only the third person to pin Ronda makes more sense. I was following the PPV on reddit and twitter. Somehow I missed people saying that she came out after Ronda's match to cash in, lol. Really surprised they didn't save the cash in for RAW.

Were Shotzi's botches as bad as people are saying? Sounds like she really messed herself up.

Intercontinental Champion Melly's Avatar
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Were Shotzi's botches as bad as people are saying? Sounds like she really messed herself up.
    She tried to tightrope climb a ladder that was at an acute angle. She barely made it one step and fell. It was an ambitious spot because I’m not sure what she was going to do for a strike on Raquel. She did an electric chair spot on Alexa onto the ladder and the ladder just collapsed. It was clunky but I’m not sure what they thought would happen there other than what happened lol. The last spot was a senton onto Becky, who was laying on a ladder. Becky moved and Shotzi ate it.

A point I didn’t mention but was notable: this crowd did not like Lacey at all.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; July 3rd, 2022 at 12:25 AM.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fantastic show.

Women's MITB was good. Shame about a few fumbles here and there, particularly for Shotzi and the Lynch/Asuka ladder spot (although they often look more painful when things don't break). Super happy for Liv winning (and obviously for winning again later...). Did not notice the bad poker face. Lynch's post-match fit was hilarious.

Damn, crowd was hot for the US Title match and they love them some Bobby (as they should). Really added to the match which was already pretty damn good as it was. Did not expect the win for Lashley (though it made more sense later) and am happy 'cuz Bobby rules.

Bianca/Carmella was fine for what it was. Looks like it'll keep going as they wait for Rhea to hopefully get healed up.

Tag Title match was excellent. Really thought the Profits were going to get it done near the end. Finish seems planned given the focus on it and replay with highlighted circle thingie. Not mad about that.

Crowd, like myself, did not really give a shit about Nattie/Ronda. Seemed like they only made noise for a Sharpshooter or when they thought Ronda was going to win, like they just wanted it to be over. Can't say I blame them as this was clearly just filler. Best part was probably the HBK pose. Anyway, who gives a shit about this match anyway because OUR GIRL LIVVY DID THE DAMN THING. Wonderful moment. I actually thought she might tap just to have another set back to overcome and a harder journey to the top but nerp.

Soon as Theory got announced, I called the finish to the letter. I'm not mad about it, though. Match itself was terrific. Sami taking some nasty bumps and Omos getting gang-tossed through the table was dope.

The vignette was definitely for Edge. Some very telling imagery and the thing had mad similar aesthetics to his original debut vignettes back in the day.

All in all, top notch show.
    Last edited by mth; July 3rd, 2022 at 12:43 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With summer slam being last man standing looks like Theory going to cash in.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Hell yeah, fuck yeah!!! Super pumped for Liv, I really hope they give her a solid run at the top.

BREAK IT DOWN
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did WWE really have a PPV tonight and Vince, Stephanie, and Triple H were all at the UFC PPV?

Are they trying to insinuate something?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like Theory don’t get me wrong, but this all just seems a bit fast for him. Very happy for Liv though. Busted her arse off and she deserves this!

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    McAfee also at UFC with them…. In a neck brace.

WWE Digital shows you why

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    McAfee also at UFC with them…. In a neck brace.

WWE Digital shows you why
    Yeah saw that.

Love Pat going the extra mile here!

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent show, results. First preference would've been Rollins winning, then entering the Rumble thinking this would give him two title shots only for Rhodes to hunt him down and give some chase for the briefcase, eliminate him from the Rumble as well.

Shotzi seems to try a lot of moves she can't seem to execute as expected, credit to her for trying but some of the botches she's had just make me think she needs to go simple.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shotzi is the women's Sabu. I was explaining to my friend who doesn't really watch Smackdown who she was and what she's about. I don't want to call her Female Foley because Foley wasn't as big of a botch machine as my boy Sabu-but his botches made his shit look even more realistic to me.

I wasn't a fan of Theory winning. I thought the MITB match was great but the result was stale.

Usos/SP killed it. Holy fuckin shit. It's hard to disagree when people talk about The Usos being the best tag team in the world today. They look great and make their opponents look great too.

Lashley winning the US title is smart. Keep that on an actual top guy while Roman does his thing. Kind of like how they were going to have Daniel Bryan run Smackdown as IC champion.

Liv cashing in that night was pretty shocking until I saw the cash-in history of the women. All of them but Carmella cashed in within a day, sometimes not even 2 hours, after winning. Carmella waited like 2 weeks lol. I thought Ronda and Nattie had a great match.

Belair/Carmella was what it was.

All in all, 8/10. Could've been a 9 with a different men's MITB winner. Riddle, Rollins, those were the top 2 picks for me.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Match of the night was clearly the Uso's / Street Profits. Two really great teams put on an absolute clinic. The veteran Uso's continue to demonstrate they aren't just the best tag team out there now, but they are steadily putting together an argument that they are among the best tag teams of all time. Great storytelling, great selling by all 4 guys, and the finish has me pumped for more from them at SummerSlam.
    I have to add, the crowd was amazing all night long.

I enjoyed the women's MITB match a lot more than I expected. I thought the ending with Liv's bouncing back off the rope - while staying on the ladder - was really a great visual that will undoubtedly get replayed many times to come over the years. Great execution on what is really a risky move, and Liv made it look easy.

Carmella and Bella was never in doubt, but Carmella showed once again that she is not just a pretty face. The post-match attack was great, as it allowed her to get her heat back, and ensured that we will see more of her on TV in the coming weeks.

Nattie and Ronda was okay, maybe just a bit longer than needed. But I suppose it was necessary to make Ronda look hurt/weakened before the Liv cash-in. I thought they did a good job with the tease that Ronda might successfully defend twice in the same night, as it meant more for Liv's win. Again, the great crowd reactions make a huge difference. Ronda's pause before giving Liv the hug and handing her the title was a tease of a heel turn that I think Ronda could be really great at, but this was all about Liv.

Bobby winning was a bit of a surprise for me but it made sense given what happened with Theory later. Once Theory was a part of the men's MITB it was pretty clear to me that he was winning, and I am looking forward to him carrying around the briefcase - and pulling his phone out of it for selfies - for maybe a long while, maybe well past Summerslam. He will probably tease cashing it in against Lashley if Roman retains.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The WWE should let Theory ride this thing until May-June next year. The one thing I'm worried about with Theory is the "too much too soon" type pushes that certain talent receive and sometimes don't fully bounce back. Theory is walking the same line that Jack Swagger and Mr Kennedy walked. I don't see him dethroning Roman. But what I do see is a babyface beating Roman, and then Theory cashing in immediately on that babyface, which would suck so much dick. It would remind me of when Charlotte broke Asuka's streak, and then 2 weeks later lost the women's championship to Carmella.

Theory has a year. Let's wait it out.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would've let Theory develop a longterm US title reign and hang onto the McMahon's chosen one gimmick and use that momentum and have him win next years MITB but here we are. I don't hate that he won, but besides Lesnar winning it in recent years is there anyone else who was a late add to the match that ended up winning?

Theory is not in the same ballpark as Lesnar, Cena, Orton, etc. were at that age. Again, don't hate it, just think in order Rollins, Riddle or McIntyre would've been my preferences.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    She tried to tightrope climb a ladder that was at an acute angle. She barely made it one step and fell. It was an ambitious spot because I’m not sure what she was going to do for a strike on Raquel. She did an electric chair spot on Alexa onto the ladder and the ladder just collapsed. It was clunky but I’m not sure what they thought would happen there other than what happened lol. The last spot was a senton onto Becky, who was laying on a ladder. Becky moved and Shotzi ate it.

A point I didn’t mention but was notable: this crowd did not like Lacey at all.
    Finally saw the highlights. Yeesh Shotzi was determined to pull off a cool spot and failed spectacularly.

From what I've read, fans were booing Lacey because they thought she was going to steal the win from Liv who was obviously the fan favorite. I'm actually surprised they didn't go with Lacey considering all the TV time she's gotten, but people speculated they wanted to make fans happy considering the Theory shenanigans later.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Shotzi is the women's Sabu. I was explaining to my friend who doesn't really watch Smackdown who she was and what she's about. I don't want to call her Female Foley because Foley wasn't as big of a botch machine as my boy Sabu-but his botches made his shit look even more realistic to me.
    That's a good comparison. Reminds me a bit of Sasha. She used to botch moves all the time. Then she must have realized she wasn't Eddie Guerrero and stopped trying so hard to emulate him. That was probably around the time when she returned in late 2019. I felt like her last run was the best Sahsa's looked as far as consistency.

Hopefully Shotzi will get a hint and stop trying so hard. Then again, considering her response to fan's criticisms of her performance, I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by Sasori; July 5th, 2022 at 1:34 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a thought. Let's say Theory comes out to the ring on Raw, says he's cashing in, and if Reigns isn't there, then he forfeits. It does say he can cash in whenever, wherever...

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "The Way" version of Theory never would have thought of such a scenario. But this one?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Ratings:

Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match: 3.25
    Theory vs Lashley: 3.25
    Bianca vs Carmella: 2.0
    The Usos vs The Street Profits: 4.5
    Ronda vs Natalya: 3.25
    Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match: 4.25

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Meltzer's Ratings:

Women's Money In The Bank Ladder Match: 3.25
    Theory vs Lashley: 3.25
    Bianca vs Carmella: 2.0
    The Usos vs The Street Profits: 4.5
    Ronda vs Natalya: 3.25
    Men's Money In The Bank Ladder Match: 4.25
    He's being generous for the Ronda/Nattie match, unless he's including the Liv MITB cash-in.

I also think he's being generous for the Men's MITB match.

Last, he's short-changing the Street Profits/Uso's match.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'd be more interested in hearing BGMaverick or 3puppies' ratings. Fuck Meltzer.