User Tag List

Results 1 to 64 of 64

Thread: Hypocrisy and you

  1. #1
    Degenerate AudioDynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11541

    Hypocrisy and you

    After listening carefully watching Smackdown and hearing the total time Roman and The Usos held their titles, seeing how Roman beat every single person he went against it occured to me how hypocritical "Smarks" are, think about it

    People shit on HHH for holding the title a long time yet he DID get his ass kicked even if it wasn't in a match (Still not as long a run as Roman)

    People shit on John Cena, same thing as HHH

    Evolution holding all the titles they could, so does The Bloodline kinda

    Brock holding it a long time and never getting beat down

    The list goes on, I liked Roman since The Shield and still like him, I find it funny how people went from "Roman sucks" "You can't wrestle" "Get the title off him" to "OMFG ROMAN IS THE BESTEST! GOAT!"

    /endrant

  2. #2
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,780
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    440557
    I think in Romans case, the fans wanted the heel turn for many years and that was the cause of a lot of the hate he was getting from 2015-20

    Now he has done that, they are loving what he is doing. Its almost like WWE didnt learn from the Rocks turn in 97. I don't think it makes those fans hypocrites.

  3. #3
    Degenerate AudioDynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11541
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    I think in Romans case, the fans wanted the heel turn for many years and that was the cause of a lot of the hate he was getting from 2015-20

    Now he has done that, they are loving what he is doing. Its almost like WWE didnt learn from the Rocks turn in 97. I don't think it makes those fans hypocrites.

    That is a whole nother ball of wax man, the vast majority of wrestlers they say they want heel if they are faces, it's like EVERYONE has to be a heel now.........there is no pleasing these "fans".......they act nice and they are shit on, they act like Roman is now, well hey let's forget that we bitched about long title runs in general Roman is the GOAT so yes it IS them being a hypocrite especially when they MAJORLY bitched about HHH who 3/4 of his career he was a heel.

  4. #4
    World Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    London
    Posts
    15,780
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    440557
    The Rock was over like rover as a face once he had done his heel run.

  5. #5
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    After listening carefully watching Smackdown and hearing the total time Roman and The Usos held their titles, seeing how Roman beat every single person he went against it occured to me how hypocritical "Smarks" are, think about it

    People shit on HHH for holding the title a long time yet he DID get his ass kicked even if it wasn't in a match (Still not as long a run as Roman)

    People shit on John Cena, same thing as HHH

    Evolution holding all the titles they could, so does The Bloodline kinda

    Brock holding it a long time and never getting beat down

    The list goes on, I liked Roman since The Shield and still like him, I find it funny how people went from "Roman sucks" "You can't wrestle" "Get the title off him" to "OMFG ROMAN IS THE BESTEST! GOAT!"

    /endrant
    You can't generalize these situations because there are definitely people who disagree with everything you just said and say they never felt that way. There are people who were fans of Triple H/Evolution, there are fans of how Brock is booked, and there are people who fucking loved Roman 5 years ago and hate him now.

    My point is that every situation is different. By your logic we're not allowed to change our minds just because you've liked Roman since The Shield. And?

    Awesome man, I know plenty of people especially fans that are my sons' ages (20 and 18). They never really understood the hate. They're like that with John Cena as well. They get it NOW that they're older but when they were 10 they didn't give a shit why half the crowd were booing they just chalked it up to oh they're older they just don't think Cena's cool like CM Punk.

    Your entire post is that of the hipster smark. Oh I was down with Roman since day one look at me! So what lol. Was I bragging in 1996 that I was a Vinnie Vegas mark and look at how much everyone loves Kevin Nash now!!! Naw man that's corny.

  6. #6
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    I think in Romans case, the fans wanted the heel turn for many years and that was the cause of a lot of the hate he was getting from 2015-20

    Now he has done that, they are loving what he is doing. Its almost like WWE didnt learn from the Rocks turn in 97. I don't think it makes those fans hypocrites.
    If they had turned Roman back then it wouldn't have been as good as his run now. He needed that mega overpush to make this current run work. Just because he's related to The Rock doesn't mean they're one in the same. I would argue at least Roman was over the first couple years he was on the main roster with The Shield whereas Rocky Maivia had about 4 months before the fans gave up on him.

    Roman's push is more like Diesel. But Diesel left before they could sink their teeth into a main event heel run. Thank God Nash bounced.

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    That is a whole nother ball of wax man, the vast majority of wrestlers they say they want heel if they are faces, it's like EVERYONE has to be a heel now.........there is no pleasing these "fans".......they act nice and they are shit on, they act like Roman is now, well hey let's forget that we bitched about long title runs in general Roman is the GOAT so yes it IS them being a hypocrite especially when they MAJORLY bitched about HHH who 3/4 of his career he was a heel.
    You're mixing 20 different things in one and trying to latch it on to how some fans respond to Roman.

    Maybe Triple H during that WM 18-21 stretch should've had more interesting storylines other than the return of HBK and Batista's rise. Again you're trying to puff out your chest and rant because you've loved everything Roman has done since he debuted. People can change their minds and that doesn't mean A-you get to lump everyone together and B-doesn't mean you can't still be Roman's #1 fan too lol.

    The fact is Roman has had a run that should be applauded. You should be going ok I see why so many people like this more than they did with other reigns. No fan likes/hates everything given to them by a promotion if they do they're fucking liars and marks.

  7. #7
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,873
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    581608
    For starters, this is a good topic, Audio.

    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    After listening carefully watching Smackdown and hearing the total time Roman and The Usos held their titles, seeing how Roman beat every single person he went against it occured to me how hypocritical "Smarks" are, think about it

    People shit on HHH for holding the title a long time yet he DID get his ass kicked even if it wasn't in a match (Still not as long a run as Roman)

    People shit on John Cena, same thing as HHH

    Evolution holding all the titles they could, so does The Bloodline kinda

    Brock holding it a long time and never getting beat down

    The list goes on, I liked Roman since The Shield and still like him, I find it funny how people went from "Roman sucks" "You can't wrestle" "Get the title off him" to "OMFG ROMAN IS THE BESTEST! GOAT!"
    If we're just going to be looking at smarks here, then all we can really conclude is that smarks are always going to bash. Always, always, always. But if we were to look at fans like us for instance, then each scenario you listed is vastly different.

    - HHH: He was the top guy for a long, long time. And it just went on and on, with no end in sight. His case was a more "we like you, but please go away now."
    - Cena: Lord... I've been blue in the face so may times of how I was sick and tired of John Cena. He was the same mathematical equation for what felt like a millenia, and the fans were visibly and audibly becoming frustrated with it. Cena's hate was because he was just a bulldozer with a happy face graffiti'd on it. Fans were just plainly sick and tired of him.
    - Evolution: I mean I think it was more of the HHH fatigue because Evolution was awesome. It sure gave HHH a heartbeat for a long while, but even that wore off so... at least they disbanded it before it really got stale.
    - Brock: I get the hate w/ Brock. Dude was champion for a million years and was only in the house for 2 seconds. I get it.

    Roman's case is fascinating. Vince liked him back in the Shield days, and fans were really taking to him as the mysterious powerhouse so what does he do? He makes him Hulk Hogan or at least tried to. That failed for a long time. We knew Roman was something special, but the presentation just wasn't there and he flat out wasn't ready at that point. Fans complained about WWE not striking will the iron was hot, and in Roman's case, they struck before they put him in the fire. God, it took a long time, but it really took the leukemia announcement to get the fans to settle down and really feel for him. Then he came back and turned FINALLY and boy they got it right. While he's been at the top for a long time, he's been consistently the best thing going in WWE. Arguably. And also arguably the only real good thing that's worth a damn because the shows are flat out Nickelodeon now.

    Roman's success is well deserved and the Bloodline deserves all the gold. It's going to be a beautiful, poetic dose of pro wrestling when they ultimately lose everything and self destruct. Bring it on.

  8. #8
    Cruiserweight Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    162536
    Dude, you could have stopped at "people shit on" and really just left it at that.
    You'd have the entire IWC in a nutshell.

  9. #9
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    I hate when people who still post on a message board in 2022 try to slight the IWC. You're part of it lol. It was just a term used 20 years ago by people in the wrestling business who were stuck on the stereotype that only geeks had a computer with internet and would talk online lol. ALL WHILE PROMOTING THEIR OWN AOL CHATS!! They were just mad that we now have a way to be actually vocal and they can't turn down the house mics on tv.

    There was never some secret society on the internet where 100 people gathered in a Yahoo group lead by Dave Meltzer and Mark Madden in the 90's.

  10. #10
    Cruiserweight Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    162536
    It's more like the fans never learn from anything.
    They get something they whined about for years.
    They don't like it anymore.
    Rinse and repeat.

  11. #11
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    I think we're turning a dime into a dollar with this. There are some things that are better executed than others. I usually would shit all over a match that was mostly headlocks. Yet I enjoyed Mick Foley vs. Tommy Dreamer because of the story it told.

    I liked Undisputed Era in NXT. Some people didn't like them, because they felt they were too dominant, given their relative performance level. I will neither fault those people if they find another dominant group more to their liking or if they find something the UE group does more compelling later.

    Also, obviously you may like one thing at a time, and there's not necessarily hypocrisy there. Stale is a real thing. I like a pulled pork sandwich with some Gates extra hot sauce. If I had the same sandwich every day for a year, I might feel differently about it.


    It may be easier now to be a heel than it's ever been. But Cody is over huge. Drew and Bobby successfully turned. I would argue that there are a few true heels in AEW, and their fans eat it up. With many of the most over being faces.

  12. #12
    World Champion Dave Wyndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,003
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1838505
    usa
    So, because you didn't like Triple H, or John Cena, having long title reigns, you're a hypocrite for liking Roman Reigns having a long title run? How? I don't like Triple H with or without a title reign. I do like John Cena.

  13. #13
    World Champion Dave Wyndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,003
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1838505
    usa
    And I think in Triple H and John Cena's cases, there were several wrestlers you wanted to see as Champion rather than them. Who is there besides Roman that you want to see as champion? Shinsuke? Cesaro?

  14. #14
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    You're just trying to make me and The RhodesWarriors angry now.

  15. #15
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    True heels are few and far between. We've heard many current and former pro wrestlers talk about a big negative these days is how "everyone" wants to be liked. They want to sell merch, they want to get "this is awesome" chants.

    I also think that the fanbase has dwindled down to mostly assholes so of course they're cheering assholes. When 90% of the audience that watches AEW looks like Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, why would they get booed???

    Shout out to the WWE though. They didn't have to have Roman 69 with Paul Heyman to get jeers.

  16. #16
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,980
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1848449
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    After listening carefully watching Smackdown and hearing the total time Roman and The Usos held their titles, seeing how Roman beat every single person he went against it occured to me how hypocritical "Smarks" are, think about it

    People shit on HHH for holding the title a long time yet he DID get his ass kicked even if it wasn't in a match (Still not as long a run as Roman)

    People shit on John Cena, same thing as HHH

    Evolution holding all the titles they could, so does The Bloodline kinda

    Brock holding it a long time and never getting beat down

    The list goes on, I liked Roman since The Shield and still like him, I find it funny how people went from "Roman sucks" "You can't wrestle" "Get the title off him" to "OMFG ROMAN IS THE BESTEST! GOAT!"

    /endrant
    With all due respect dude and also respect the fact you are trying to get a discussion going, I do have to agree with Nash here and we donĀ’t agree with stuff on the best of times especially when Wheeler Yuta and Hookhausen are involved. This does sound a bit hipsterish and a bit snarky “Where were you then???” when it comes to the booking. Unless you have proven stats like asking everyone in the audience, you can’t generalise shit like this. I mean putting our own personal opinions aside, for every person in the arena that was booing Reigns as an over pushed face (and don’t get me wrong, I personally felt he was overpushed), there could have been just as many others in the demo or young kids that loved it.

    You have started a thread which while well-intentioned is nigh impossible to quantify your claims. I do sorta get it to an extent that the heels are at times allowed a bit more of a freeway and more personality but that doesn’t always apply to everyone depending on their connection with the audience. For instance, Jeff Hardy, Mysterio, RVD I feel weren’t necessarily the right decision to be heels at points throughout the career. It took me a long time to get round to Bayley as a heel but either way I think she could make it work but though I felt they could’ve done better when brought up, I never felt they HAD to turn her heel.

    Kudos for trying a new thread but you just can’t speak for everyone when it comes to wide-ranging discussions and opinions on wrestlers like these.

    Everyone is different.

  17. #17
    Cruiserweight Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    162536
    Somethings may be better executed, but that does not make either thing involved bad. Somethings can also work for some people and not others without speaking about the quality in anyway.

  18. #18
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Side bar and I know for example with Rey you weren't talking about WWE but it's so wild that Rey has never been heel in WWE. RVD was only a heel by default when he debuted during the Invasion angle but within a year he was a babyface. I don't even think he was a heel in TNA was he?

    Anyway.....I do see hypocrisy sometimes in wrestling but it's usually behind the scenes stuff. Someone gets fired for doing something another person gets a push for doing or someone can't get a job because they said something on Twitter 5-10 years ago but turn a blind eye to someone they're a mark for.

  19. #19
    Cruiserweight Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    162536
    I'd argue Rocky Maivia would have made an incredible heel character, he almost was from the very beginning.

  20. #20
    Degenerate AudioDynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11541
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    he's been consistently the best thing going in WWE. Arguably. And also arguably the only real good thing that's worth a damn because the shows are flat out Nickelodeon now.
    Kinda makes you wonder if the rest of the shows didn't suck.........would he be as popular as he is? I mean during HHH, Evolution, Austin/Rock/HHH and John Cena the shows were pretty good, some of them must see.

  21. #21
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,873
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    581608
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    Kinda makes you wonder if the rest of the shows didn't suck.........would he be as popular as he is?
    Yeah

  22. #22
    Cruiserweight Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    162536
    I think this has a lot to do with which group is being the loudest and which comments are being seen the most often.

  23. #23
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    Kinda makes you wonder if the rest of the shows didn't suck.........would he be as popular as he is? I mean during HHH, Evolution, Austin/Rock/HHH and John Cena the shows were pretty good, some of them must see.
    To answer your question...Absolutely.

    You're having a make believe argument. You're delusional at best with the implication that you were the only fan of Roman Reigns until he turned back to a heel.

    Now you're bringing up Austin/Rock/HHH....why?? Holy shit this is the most ridiculous anti-smarks rant I've read. I mean what are you saying that 15-20 years ago fans thought one way about John Cena and 20 years later think a different way about Roman Reigns?? Where's the connection?

    Nothing you have posted makes any sense other than you attempting some "I'm finally important" approach lol. No, you weren't the only fan of Roman Reigns pre-Heyman and no not everything Lesnar, Cena, Austin, Rock, or HHH did can be compared side by side to Roman Reigns. Some good, some bad, stop crying.

  24. #24
    Cruiserweight Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Location
    Reno
    Posts
    856
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    162536
    To add to what I said earlier, there was a period in 1997 in which Rocky Maivia was kept off of WWF television, which I think could have and should have been time utilized towards getting him more over.

  25. #25
    Degenerate AudioDynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11541
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    To answer your question...Absolutely.

    You're having a make believe argument. You're delusional at best with the implication that you were the only fan of Roman Reigns until he turned back to a heel.

    Now you're bringing up Austin/Rock/HHH....why?? Holy shit this is the most ridiculous anti-smarks rant I've read. I mean what are you saying that 15-20 years ago fans thought one way about John Cena and 20 years later think a different way about Roman Reigns?? Where's the connection?

    Nothing you have posted makes any sense other than you attempting some "I'm finally important" approach lol. No, you weren't the only fan of Roman Reigns pre-Heyman and no not everything Lesnar, Cena, Austin, Rock, or HHH did can be compared side by side to Roman Reigns. Some good, some bad, stop crying.
    How hard is it to understand people bitched ENDLESSLY about long title runs and now Roman is what? Going on almost 2 years? Where is the bitching? Also yes, people LOVED Cena, then he became a super good guy who barely lost and people wanted him to turn heel, same with several others, I am not saying everyone hated Roman but I will say 90% of these forums and comments on wrestling youtube videos were full of hate, not to mention the crowds chanting "Roman sucks" and "You can't wrestle". Call me delusional all you want but I will sit here knowing you can't handle facts.

  26. #26
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,873
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    581608
    What are you on about still? Do you want more people to dislike how Roman's had a long title reign?

  27. #27
    Degenerate AudioDynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11541
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    What are you on about still? Do you want more people to dislike how Roman's had a long title reign?
    Nope would just like consitency and not having it 1 way for their pets and another for ones they don't like

  28. #28
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,873
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    581608
    Calling for consistency among things that are organically different ain't in the cards.

  29. #29
    hey Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    52,181
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1269416
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    To answer your question...Absolutely.

    You're having a make believe argument. You're delusional at best with the implication that you were the only fan of Roman Reigns until he turned back to a heel.

    Now you're bringing up Austin/Rock/HHH....why?? Holy shit this is the most ridiculous anti-smarks rant I've read. I mean what are you saying that 15-20 years ago fans thought one way about John Cena and 20 years later think a different way about Roman Reigns?? Where's the connection?

    Nothing you have posted makes any sense other than you attempting some "I'm finally important" approach lol. No, you weren't the only fan of Roman Reigns pre-Heyman and no not everything Lesnar, Cena, Austin, Rock, or HHH did can be compared side by side to Roman Reigns. Some good, some bad, stop crying.
    he has a pretty good history of this. shows up, makes a thread, usually like this one, and either can't articulate his idea or doesn't realize how dumb he sounds.

  30. #30
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    How hard is it to understand people bitched ENDLESSLY about long title runs and now Roman is what? Going on almost 2 years? Where is the bitching? Also yes, people LOVED Cena, then he became a super good guy who barely lost and people wanted him to turn heel, same with several others, I am not saying everyone hated Roman but I will say 90% of these forums and comments on wrestling youtube videos were full of hate, not to mention the crowds chanting "Roman sucks" and "You can't wrestle". Call me delusional all you want but I will sit here knowing you can't handle facts.
    What "people" though?? You keep generalizing.

    You are delusional. You have no facts other than the obvious-nobody is universally liked. Stop watching wrestling on mute and stop showing up to live events with headphones. Roman Reigns gets booed pretty fuckin hard. Especially when he first turned heel.

    There are people bitching. Do you ever go on Twitter? Facebook? You're argument has so many holes. You made up this argument out of thin air.

    And why are you even bringing up John Cena when talking about a heel Roman Reigns?

  31. #31
    Degenerate AudioDynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11541
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What "people" though?? You keep generalizing.

    You are delusional. You have no facts other than the obvious-nobody is universally liked. Stop watching wrestling on mute and stop showing up to live events with headphones. Roman Reigns gets booed pretty fuckin hard. Especially when he first turned heel.

    There are people bitching. Do you ever go on Twitter? Facebook? You're argument has so many holes. You made up this argument out of thin air.

    And why are you even bringing up John Cena when talking about a heel Roman Reigns?
    I can't even speak to you, as usual you have no grasp on anything other than yourself nad lack of understanding simple concepts.........good day sir.

  32. #32
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    I can't even speak to you, as usual you have no grasp on anything other than yourself nad lack of understanding simple concepts.........good day sir.
    Two things. Yes, part of me is speaking on my own personal opinion about the topic because you are trying to generalize people. I'm showing you that I am a man who thinks on his own, and doesn't agree with what you're saying.

    #2-You're talking about facts but haven't brought a single fact to the table.

    Simple concepts? Like what? Please explain instead of hiding.

  33. #33
    Degenerate AudioDynamite's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Here there and everywhere
    Posts
    5,215
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    11541
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Two things. Yes, part of me is speaking on my own personal opinion about the topic because you are trying to generalize people. I'm showing you that I am a man who thinks on his own, and doesn't agree with what you're saying.

    #2-You're talking about facts but haven't brought a single fact to the table.

    Simple concepts? Like what? Please explain instead of hiding.
    I am not generalizing, I said PEOPLE which encompasses many or all, I never meant it as all, and yes I did provide facts because again.........PEOPLE.........bitched about HHH's "I can't lose I am going to hold this title a long time" same with Cena but theirs were not even as long as Romans run and those same PEOPLE were chanting "You can't wrestle" "Roman sucks" and booing him out of the building when he won the Rumble, then all of a sudden they cheer him when he comes to the ring and drool when he says "Acknowledge me", shit if he didn't start running people down he would probably get cheered!

    Now I sit and wait for you to tell me how I am wrong when in fact you can watch any Raw or Smackdown in the past decade and see I am right, perhaps I should have made the title of this thread "Hypocricy and fans"?

  34. #34
    World Champion Dave Wyndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,003
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1838505
    usa
    I agree with you about Triple H, couldn't stand the guy and him having the title a majority of the time was terrible. I did, however, enjoy Cena's reigns, I think because it was sort of like Hogan's reigns where he would feud with the big bad monster of the month, with the occasional legit feud in between, it was a nice mixture.

    Anyone who said "You can't wrestle" at Roman were just pissed that WWE wasn't pushing Ambrose or Rollins more. Roman can go, and he always could go. He was awful on promos, that's the only thing I didn't like, but he's certainly improved in that category over the past couple of years.

  35. #35
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    I am not generalizing, I said PEOPLE which encompasses many or all, I never meant it as all, and yes I did provide facts because again.........PEOPLE.........bitched about HHH's "I can't lose I am going to hold this title a long time" same with Cena but theirs were not even as long as Romans run and those same PEOPLE were chanting "You can't wrestle" "Roman sucks" and booing him out of the building when he won the Rumble, then all of a sudden they cheer him when he comes to the ring and drool when he says "Acknowledge me", shit if he didn't start running people down he would probably get cheered!

    Now I sit and wait for you to tell me how I am wrong when in fact you can watch any Raw or Smackdown in the past decade and see I am right, perhaps I should have made the title of this thread "Hypocricy and fans"?
    What you are doing is generalizing.

    Where are the facts that the same people who shit on Cena are now cheering Roman? Where are the facts that the same people who shit on Triple H and Brock Lesnar having long reigns are in love with Roman's 2 year run?

    Generalizing is exactly what you're doing. You are making a general statement about specific situations and trying to tie them together so you can feel important. You literally say in your rant about how you've liked Roman since he was in the Shield. And? I pointed out you're not the only one and again you haven't brought a single fact that connects how the same people who shit on Triple H, Cena, and Lesnar now love Roman when you've always been a fan.

  36. #36
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    Quote Originally Posted by AudioDynamite View Post
    How hard is it to understand people bitched ENDLESSLY about long title runs and now Roman is what? Going on almost 2 years? Where is the bitching? Also yes, people LOVED Cena, then he became a super good guy who barely lost and people wanted him to turn heel, same with several others, I am not saying everyone hated Roman but I will say 90% of these forums and comments on wrestling youtube videos were full of hate, not to mention the crowds chanting "Roman sucks" and "You can't wrestle". Call me delusional all you want but I will sit here knowing you can't handle facts.
    I would probably not like if Red Velvet and Nia Jax had a 60 minute match.

    I did like HBK and Hitman having one.

    I have not liked every match Hitman and HBK have done.

    Cena cutting promos as champ for every PPV got old.

    Paul Heyman and Romans cutting promos before many PPVs has not.


    Roman getting controlled by a heel and coming back methodically is less interesting than Heel Roman methodically picking people apart.

  37. #37
    hey Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    52,181
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1269416
    wow what a hypocrite

  38. #38
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,873
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    581608
    I woke up this morning and realized I absolutely hate Roman Reigns.

  39. #39
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,980
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1848449
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I woke up this morning and realized I absolutely hate Roman Reigns.
    Or were you really mad because Friday was over?

  40. #40
    Intercontinental Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Nutmeg State
    Posts
    4,993
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1070692
    It's not really hypocrisy. Daniel Bryan used a better word, when he called the fans "Fickle"

  41. #41
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    We should all just restrict our analysis and personal enjoyment to whether the performers all had fun.

  42. #42
    World Champion Dave Wyndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,003
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1838505
    usa
    Hip. rock, a sea

  43. #43
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Hip. rock, a sea
    Describe Scotty 2 Hotty and Dwayne Johnson at the beach.

  44. #44
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    It's not really hypocrisy. Daniel Bryan used a better word, when he called the fans "Fickle"
    I've always hated when wrestlers and other fans generalize. Even when Bryan was talking about fans being fickle, at least he was doing it as a heel. IDK if there's any truth to it especially in this weird kayfabe-limbo we're in.

    See, as a heel calling fans fickle works. You're now getting booed-that's what is supposed to happen, so they can play that "you were with me when I was acting differently now you hate me?" It just feeds into the heat.

    But when talent, fans, etc. are actually serious it's like.....Well, are fans fickle because we cheered Michael Keaton in Batman but booed him as Vulture in Spider-Man? It's just hard to tell because unless you have actual documentation to back it up, you sound like an asshole. Just like Audio. Some of us didn't bitch about Triple H, Cena, and Lesnar. I guess I just have my list of people and they've rarely made it off the list. Barry Windham, Goldberg, Adam Cole, a few others.

  45. #45
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Barry Windham, Goldberg, Adam Cole, a few others.
    Nash fears the Wheeler Yuta stans.


    Wheelies (like the guy from Transformers) is what they call themselves.

  46. #46
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    Nash fears the Wheeler Yuta stans.


    Wheelies (like the guy from Transformers) is what they call themselves.
    AEW stans are the fakest fans of all time. They're the fans who back in mid 90's ECW would've told us that Hack Myers was better than HBK.

  47. #47
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,873
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    581608
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Or were you really mad because Friday was over?
    Friday never ends, it merely prepares to return.

  48. #48
    hey Matthew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Posts
    52,181
    Mentioned
    127 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1269416
    shah

  49. #49
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    The Wheelies are salt of the Earth.

    They'll never stop rolling.


    You can't stop them

  50. #50
    gay the pray away mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    60,949
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1505812
    Wheel see about that...

  51. #51
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    I apologize for who appears if you speak that name too often.

  52. #52
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Wheel see about that...
    that's wheely the best you could do?

  53. #53
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    I hate when wrestling fans gatekeep.

  54. #54
    gay the pray away mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    60,949
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1505812
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    that's wheely the best you could do?
    Don't expect too much outside of my wheelhouse...

  55. #55
    World Champion Dave Wyndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,003
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1838505
    usa
    Wheel of fortune.

  56. #56
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    When I see Yuta it's Wheel of Torture

  57. #57
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,980
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1848449
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    When I see Yuta it's Wheel of Torture
    Shit just got wheel!

  58. #58
    World Champion Dave Wyndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,003
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1838505
    usa
    If Carlito's lackey showed up in AEW, you could say Jesus take the Wheeler

  59. #59
    Sometimes I disagree Mazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Here and There
    Posts
    15,826
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1634620
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Don't expect too much outside of my wheelhouse...
    Nonsense. You're the wheel deal.

  60. #60
    gay the pray away mth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    YXE
    Posts
    60,949
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1505812
    Wheel recognizes wheel.

  61. #61
    Former Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Always Filthy Until Proven Innocent
    Posts
    66,980
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1848449
    If he goes to WWE, I hope he feuds with Miz and gets on Miz TV. “Wheely? Wheely? Wheeeely!”

    He doesn’t do drugs so should be fine under the Wheelness policy.

  62. #62
    World Champion Dave Wyndorf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    23,003
    Mentioned
    350 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1838505
    usa
    Nah, he'd be better off being pro USA and say "I am a Wheel American, fight for the rights of everyman (except Nash Diesel)"

  63. #63
    FBI Warning VHS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Asparagus Video, M aisle.
    Posts
    11,873
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    581608
    I wheely hate Roman Reigns.

  64. #64
    What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Dead Moines, IA
    Posts
    44,121
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1742798
    The fickle element to fans had me thinking, is that a negative term?

    What do we think of the fan who wasn't interested in team sports color John Cena, but loved Thuganomics, yet hated post-Summerslam 2005 Cena for the next 10+ years, and then he comes back to feud with Roman and we're on his nuts?

    I will acknowledge there were/are fans who purposely boo the babyfaces getting the push, getting the top spot just to be "edgy". But we also have to acknowledge that maybe a larger % of fans, after being told we know what's best and everyone listens to US, might actually know what sucks and what doesn't i.e. John Cena having to big brother every up and coming babyface-conquer what they couldn't! I truly believe there were times Cena did suck, and what he was doing was phoning it in garbage, as recent as early 2019. I just watched him teaming up with Balor and Rollins v. Ambrose, McIntyre, and Bobby Lashley. When he had the JBL haircut due to Bumblebee. Yeah dude was phoning it in hard in the ring. The mic he was still good, dude has always been top tier on the mic. But God damn I'm watching this match understanding the obvious.

    No fuckin way Hulk Hogan could've sustained longevity in the 80's and 90's like John Cena. Or even now. But are we not allowed to have some respect once again for John Cena? Will I have to deal with fans like Audio who have loved every breath of booking for John Cena when I praise his career? Because you know, you fans who didn't bitch enough about Roman how could you like Cena when he had the same path..........see how that sounds?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •