Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 101617181920
Results 1,901 to 1,955 of 1955

Thread: Sitcom and Cartoon All-Stars SAVE THE WORLD

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I came around on Psycho once the Pablo was out. I wasn't sure if I was hitting scum and write ups were being deleted so didn't want to go 100% in. Same for Tommi.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    First night is what I was referring to. cause then you didn't see it until n3.

And with you as the Evangelist of using your big powers right away......well, I'd like to pretend I'm not disappointed.

But I'm not an actor.
    To be fair, we didn't know for sure if there would be a focus group like mechanic. You said there's be something similar, but if I was using my power, I didn't want the ring-bearer to be present I. The write-up.

But we lost so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You did have them eliminated form more roles than anyone else would have at that point.
    Yeah Psycho was literally 50/50 on Town/Mafia and Rip was like 3 mafia, 6 town roles.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may have missed this if it was covered in dead chat but what did Claws do with his redirector role that was presumably hidden by Peter and of course blocked by Destro N1.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    To be fair, we didn't know for sure if there would be a focus group like mechanic. You said there's be something similar, but if I was using my power, I didn't want the ring-bearer to be present I. The write-up.

But we lost so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    stop making me consider context in my critiques, you killjoy

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    stop making me consider context in my critiques, you killjoy
    Oh, I mean, god, you're right, Mazer. I give up. I'll never push for a d1 lynch ever again.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I mean, god, you're right, Mazer. I give up. I'll never push for a d1 lynch ever again.
    that's all i ever wanted to hear.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, to be fair, I once got mad at JP in my Rugrats game because he used their strongman kill to take out CWE on D1 when I specifically included it as a counter to the town bulletproof I put in the game.

But they won definitively and took out my neighborizer with that move, so while bitter, what do I know

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of which, @Kotre come back, you were a star in the making

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I should do a Rugrats 2 soon...

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually do like your selective holdback balance.

Sometimes, i'm a little too Guns of Navarone

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Maybe I should do a Rugrats 2 soon...
    I didn't play the first one. So let's make this one happen.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer
    If anyone didn't read the dead thread, Caito messaged me about joining the game late. I put more time into balancing and mechanics for this game than i have in any other game I've done. So, it was hard to create a new role that just wasn't vanilla. We joked about "what if you just die on day 1 for no reason" and it kept spinning from there. We had entirely too much fun with that. And hopefully seeing all the deaths lowered CWE's bloodlust for a minute.

we had so much fun with this. What was even more fun was how many times I got targeted as night actions though.

Talking in muffled was great too before ppl realized they coule
    look it up. I did love the Rick roll too

Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    And we tried to give you a second vote. For those that thought we were stealing his vote. As if we would steal from the dead.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the other thing we discussed is still in play for the future.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I may have missed this if it was covered in dead chat but what did Claws do with his redirector role that was presumably hidden by Peter and of course blocked by Destro N1.
    He wanted to redirect anything targeted at Psych to you.

His role had a 75% success rate. But that night it was blocked.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CWE View Post
    And we tried to give you a second vote. For those that thought we were stealing his vote. As if we would steal from the dead.

I know Jarrod tried targeting me too at night, and I think it was a factor, (an incredibly low odds one that just kinda worked out,) in me being the one to zombiefy and be the character that killed him.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, were it not for spreadsheets, Morrison would have made it all the way
    funny thing is, spreadsheets also probably kept me alive, too. night three i was blocked by roadblock, which X'd be from being leslie, danny, mechaneck, jackie, norm, cliff and roadblock, who were all right there at the end. badger had outed himself as gadget. according to the spreadsheet i put together to get an idea of what town should know, the only town role i could be, for a significant amount of time, was fresh prince, and then void gets modkilled, and out of everyone he could be, he had to be the fresh prince. i thought for sure it'd be figured out, but it never was. badger and 3pups broke down the roles a handful of times and i guess just didn't line up night 3 enough or something, so they gave me openings for roles i couldn't be and others just took them at their word. it's why i didn't give 3pups any real feedback during the end of his breakdown, because i didn't want to fuck with his conclusions and have him dig again and potentially correct the mistake. i wanted to try and frame pg for a night kill on randolph, but i had 3pups and badger saying i could only be leslie or jackie, which i knew was wrong anyway, so i had to keep both of them alive to give myself some wiggle room, cause once one of them was dead, the other could pin me. then jarrod and 3pups just going off and trying to get someone to quote a post and essentially roleclaim, and i'm like THESE MOTHERFUCKERS.

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Kangus was just pure fucking clutch at the end. And made the right hide call everytime.
    i think it was BN in the dead chat that said something about kangus hardly posting and not contributing. for a lot of low activity players, that's a fair criticism, but kangus played this perfectly. he had a hider role who upon successful hides gained an extra vote. he picked up on the fact whoever leslie targeted would be protected the following night, so knew he likely had a guaranteed successful hide. he used his extra votes at crucial times. scum figured he was the hider, but didn't know about the extra vote mechanic, and he wasn't causing a fuss in the thread, so we never put that huge of a target on him. if he was in here solving and spreadsheeting and being a pain in our ass, we would've blocked and kill him. sometimes low activity is a benefit to a role, and this was one of those times. he submitted night actions and was there when town needed him to be there.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    i think it was BN in the dead chat that said something about kangus hardly posting and not contributing. for a lot of low activity players, that's a fair criticism, but kangus played this perfectly. he had a hider role who upon successful hides gained an extra vote. he picked up on the fact whoever leslie targeted would be protected the following night, so knew he likely had a guaranteed successful hide. he used his extra votes at crucial times. scum figured he was the hider, but didn't know about the extra vote mechanic, and he wasn't causing a fuss in the thread, so we never put that huge of a target on him. if he was in here solving and spreadsheeting and being a pain in our ass, we would've blocked and kill him. sometimes low activity is a benefit to a role, and this was one of those times. he submitted night actions and was there when town needed him to be there.
    Absolutely. At the same time, if he was inactive, he would have been a target. Difference between inactive and less active, and kangus was in the right spot when he needed to be,

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did we not use the ring early? I guess maybe we didn't use it the first night, but I feel like we used it as often as possible.
    we also self-targeted a bunch at first to try and set up clears on a few of us. looking back, i don't think it did a damn thing to actually clear any of us and in fact directly lead to the tommi confusion, which wasn't MAJOR, but definitely not great. those nights we self-targeted we could have gotten another town messed with, which definitely would have lead to less info, overall, and might have enacted a few more perma effects on town.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    192 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    funny thing is, spreadsheets also probably kept me alive, too. night three i was blocked by roadblock, which X'd be from being leslie, danny, mechaneck, jackie, norm, cliff and roadblock, who were all right there at the end. badger had outed himself as gadget. according to the spreadsheet i put together to get an idea of what town should know, the only town role i could be, for a significant amount of time, was fresh prince, and then void gets modkilled, and out of everyone he could be, he had to be the fresh prince. i thought for sure it'd be figured out, but it never was. badger and 3pups broke down the roles a handful of times and i guess just didn't line up night 3 enough or something, so they gave me openings for roles i couldn't be and others just took them at their word. it's why i didn't give 3pups any real feedback during the end of his breakdown, because i didn't want to fuck with his conclusions and have him dig again and potentially correct the mistake. i wanted to try and frame pg for a night kill on randolph, but i had 3pups and badger saying i could only be leslie or jackie, which i knew was wrong anyway, so i had to keep both of them alive to give myself some wiggle room, cause once one of them was dead, the other could pin me. then jarrod and 3pups just going off and trying to get someone to quote a post and essentially roleclaim, and i'm like THESE MOTHERFUCKERS.
    This bolded part ... the fact that you were not giving any real feedback made me even more suspicious. The timing of your migraines gave you some legit cover, but it was clear to me that you were much more capable of giving more feedback about who you thought may have had what role, and if you were town, you probably would have thrown more out there to put heavier suspicion on Tommi and MTR, and probably at that point, quiet Peter.

But looking back, it obviously wasn't completely clear to me what roadblock had done to you, as the fact that it appeared toward the end of the writeup, I missed that it was actually a role block, and you coudn't be most of those town roles.

Looking through the scum chat, the fact that Gadget gave me a BPV was also big, because it stopped you from wasting a kill attempt on me. I think I would've gotten night killed for my spreadsheeting, flawed as it was, if he hadn't done that.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ha I was treading lightly but knew I was dead soon so figured if I was going down then a blaze of glory it had to be in.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Right after I used my doc on 3pups I did sorta think to myself right afterwards that maybe they would try to kill kdest instead after he was sorta outed by MTR (which was one of the reasons I suspected him in a “look fellow scum there he is!” kinda way) but I’d already submitted by action by then. However as much as it sucked losing kdes, in probably worked out better in the end because 3pups would probably have only been able to see me protecting kdes and not catch Vegas in the act if it was blocked.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jarrod, nice guy that he is, is beating around the bush.

But I'm not Jarrod. I'm not the Paul Rudd of this community.

badger, you've just not been the same since you lost the videoland title.
    It's time for you to swagger again.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now, when I say swagger again.....I am not telling you to post characters from your character's tv show who are talking about your character.

I am not telling you to go on a shooting rampage.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh sorry I mean…

“Yeah it took you silly scum weeks to finally kill me and I practically won the game so I should be the real Sitcom champion! Go-go-Gadget MVP! Always on duty!”

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    now, when I say swagger again.....I am not telling you to post characters from your character's tv show who are talking about your character.

I am not telling you to go on a shooting rampage.
    That’s good because my town vig record isn’t that great. However as a scum and serial killer, my shooting is great. “Freddy!” “Freddy!” “Freddy!” Yes keep saying his name!

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Paul Rudd is pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Paul Rudd is pretty awesome.
    that's why I picked him.

He's a fucking national treasure.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh sorry I mean…

“Yeah it took you silly scum weeks to finally kill me and I practically won the game so I should be the real Sitcom champion! Go-go-Gadget MVP! Always on duty!”
    .....better

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    That’s good because my town vig record isn’t that great. However as a scum and serial killer, my shooting is great. “Freddy!” “Freddy!” “Freddy!” Yes keep saying his name!
    You killed so many people and no one could figure out Freddy Krueger was shape shifting.

That Halloween game was pretty awesome.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    that's why I picked him.

He's a fucking national treasure.
    Awww shucks. You guys are too kind sometimes.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You killed so many people and no one could figure out Freddy Krueger was shape shifting.

That Halloween game was pretty awesome.
    Though I do go on about my Videoland win, roles-wise this was probably my personal favourite. Almost pulled off winning the whole game single-handed too.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww shucks. You guys are too kind sometimes.
    No. I'm a measured amount of kind.

That's why I can't be Paul Rudd.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hero! being such a huge Freddy fan helped as well and I just completely fed into that the more he talked about him.

Somebody needs to get Hero! back in the mix because seriously he’s pretty good

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    he might be still striking because Caito and I didn't adequately protect virms from kneeneighbor.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Mazer for a very fun game.

Absolutely. At the same time, if he was inactive, he would have been a target. Difference between inactive and less active, and kangus was in the right spot when he needed to be,
    I tend to do most of my thinking and planning internally when I'm town. I need to become better at communicating my thoughts with others because it will avoid situations like the MTR vote where we were saved by the clock and luckily Jarrod's unvote didn't count.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Hero! being such a huge Freddy fan helped as well and I just completely fed into that the more he talked about him.

Somebody needs to get Hero! back in the mix because seriously he’s pretty good
    He's a pretty big He-Man if I remember correctly so he might be interested.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Forces of Evil 2

https://discord.gg/e9kyBUGG

deadchat

https://discord.gg/vWdubyjW

Cheers

https://discord.gg/W8vDWFSf

I need to run for a bit. I'll post rolecards and some observations later.

Thank you all for playing. I just hope everyone had fun, and nobody got hurt.
    Did I somehow miss the role cards or have they not been posted yet?

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Deadchat says link expired.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Leslie Heart TOWN Jarrod
    You are the heart of Pawnee. Capt planet has entrusted you, and it's time to make him proud
    Each night you will be able to choose a player to entrust with the power of CAPT PLANET. ON THE FOLLOWING NIGHT, THEY WILL GAIN THE POWER. WITH TIME, THE POWER MAY GROW…..BUT BE WARY. EMPOWERING THE EPITOME OF EVIL WILL HAVE TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCES
    Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to Town.

Rachel Green DOC TOWN WhoAmI
    Your heart was healed as soon as Ross was cancelled. With your newfound optimism, you spread your love to those who truly deserve it.
    Each night you will be able to choose a player to provide kill protection to.

Danny Phantom Hider TOWN Kangus

Your ghostly powers will save the world. Flitting behind the shadows, you will power the good and suss out the evil. Every night, you can pick a target to hide behind. Actions targetted towards you will miss. If you hide behind a mafia player performing a kill, you will die. If you hide behind someone who is targetted for a kill, you will die. A successful hide results in you getting a secret vote that may be played by pming me.

Wayne Cop town

If a man can only be one thing, he should be efficient. Each night you may determine a player's alignment.

Fresh Prince Bluegunn town
    Everyone trying to see what you peepin at. It's like the game a natural aphrodisiac.

Jackie Daytona 1x vig, 3x disapper town
    You have one vigilante kill you may make. It can be at night or day (pm or send me a discord message). Additionally, you may disappear at night 3x. This makes you untargettable from all applicable night actions.

Gilligan EN Roleblocker town
    Each even night, you may choose a player to roleblock

Cheetara ON Tracker town
    Each odd night you may choose a player track for the night.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to town

Mechaneck ON Watcher town

Each oDd night, you may choose a player to watch for the night.

Win Condition. Eliminate all threats to town.

Quack Pack EN Tracker Listo
    Each evennight you may choose a player track for the night.

Cliff Clavin Mason Votestuffer/stealer town

Each night, you and your partner may decide to either steal someone's vote for the following day or give them an extra vote. You may be the subject of your partner's target once

Norm Mason VoteStealer/Stuffer town
    Each night, you and your partner may decide to either steal someone's vote for the following day or give them an extra vote. You may be the subject of your partner's target once

Roadblock ON roleblock town
    Each Odd night, you may roleblock a player of your choosing

Penny Seductress town
    Each night you may choose a player to attempt to redirect. Any applicable actions that they take will have a 75% chance of being redirected to a player of your choosing.

Inspector Gadget JOAT town
    You may use any of the following abilities 1 time
    vig watch
    cop doc

Gargamel JOAT SCUM
    Each night you will be able to choose from one of the following abilities
    Freeze Ray: Their action will not go through until the following night. You can't kill a frozen player. The ice is very thick.
    Hate those smurfs: the person you pick must talk like a smurf for one day
    Turn to Gold: You may silence a player for one day.
    Musical Episode (1x): the player, aside from votes, can only post in song lyrics. If the song has a name in, he can swap in the player's name. Like Sweet Caroline, could be Sweet Kdestiny
    Poison (1x). Without intervention, a player of your choosing will be poisoned and die the following night
    turn into a frog: the following player must vote for at least 4 different payers the following day. They can not discuss the spell while explaining. Breaking this rule will result in a loss of action the next night they are able to act.

Win Condition: Have mafia outnumber town.

Sideshow Bob Killer SCUM

Each night, you may perform a kill

Win Condition: Have mafia outnumber town

Councilman Jamm Ringbearer SCUM
    each night you may target a player with the power ring of Hate. The following night, that player will be corrupted by the form of CAPT Pollution, bringing havoc to your enemies. BUT BE WARY. TARGETTING THE HEART OF GOOD WILL HAVE GRAVE CONSEQUENCES

Win Condition: Have mafia outnumber town

Ursula buffay Busdriver SCUM
    Each night, you may busdrive twoplayers

Soup nazi Roleblocker SCUM
    No actions for you. 1 night

Win condition: Have mafia outnumber town

Destro godfather
    You may act in lieu of any team members. You are 1x bulleproof. 1x game you can cause all town actions to have a 50% chance of failure.
    If investigated, you will show as friendly to town

Will Wheaton Sub
    When the first scum player dies, you will absorb all their role powers.

Peter Griffin Neutral Survivor

The 1st kill attempt on you of any type will fail. As the game progresses, you will gain additional abilities. Each night, you will pick a specified number of characters from the following list. Beginning with 11. These will be your buddies.

Survive until either mafia or town reach their win condition

Babe Ruth
    bugs bunny
    Hulk Hogan
    Fred Flintstone
    A talking tree
    Margot robbie
    The Lone Ranger
    Frasier Crane
    Superman
    A talking cat
    Michael Jordan
    Tom Brady
    Topanga
    The cast of Saved by the Bell
    ross Gellar
    Fred Sanford
    Mike Tyson
    Anne Hathaway
    Voltron
    Salma Hayek
    A talking Horse
    The Green giant
    Bruce Lee

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Griffin View Post
    Deadchat says link expired.
    https://discord.gg/A58pt9Vf

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Cheers bud.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries. Just happy someone wants the role cards.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No worries. Just happy someone wants the role cards.
    I always read the role cards just in case there is something I want to blatantly rip off for one of my games.

Intercontinental Champion VoidKitten's Avatar
    Mentioned
    67 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always read the role cards just in case there is something I want to blatantly rip off for one of my games.
    Stop giving out all the secrets!

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just appreciated that as soon as the hider came up this game, you referenced how I always tell people not to hard clear off the hider.

I felt seen and heard.

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Can you explain the connections for the characters now?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, you asked if I forgot if I was bulletproof somewhere. I didn't forget, but usually bulletproof is strictly for kills, not lynches. So I didn't think it would count for that until the rest of the team was saying I wouldn't die and you didn't object.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    By the way, you asked if I forgot if I was bulletproof somewhere. I didn't forget, but usually bulletproof is strictly for kills, not lynches. So I didn't think it would count for that until the rest of the team was saying I wouldn't die and you didn't object.
    Fair enough. I actually thought about that some. I think there had been some inconsistencies in how specifically we used ot. So I dud go with my original intent, but will likely be more clear in my role cards in the future.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Can you explain the connections for the characters now?
    Each character was randomly assigned to a player. The ones you named led to the corresponding player not appearing in the write-up. If you lived longer, you would have had additional choices between revealing name connections or other abilities.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Each character was randomly assigned to a player. The ones you named led to the corresponding player not appearing in the write-up. If you lived longer, you would have had additional choices between revealing name connections or other abilities.
    Who was everyone? I guess it would be silly of me to assume that Ross was paired with Rachel!

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Voltron Leslie Knopf
    Fred Flintstone Wayne
    Mike tyson The Fresh Prince
    topanga Inspector Gadget
    The Green Giant Gilligan
    Anne Hathaway Danny Phantom
    Frasier Crane Rachel
    Babe Ruth Jackie Daytona