Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    I think four members was good for them.
    I didn't see anybody say it wasn't.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    What if Randy Savage were still alive? Would he and Vince have made up?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    What if Randy Savage were still alive? Would he and Vince have made up?
    Yes. Savage had been in the WWE magazine doing an interview about Spider-Man, he had been backstage in 1999 I believe as there is an interview where Savage talks about meeting The Rock, said he was a lockerroom leader and hoped he would get to work some of the newer guys one day.

I know he had told WWE that he would go in the HOF if his entire family went in with him but we all know why that didn't happen, most people barely even knew Genius was his brother let alone his father.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if instead of Angle v. Corbin and Cena Thuganomics segment with Elias we got Angle v. Cena?

It just seemed like Angle was buried. As a GM, as a wrestler. I'm glad he got the W with Ronda at 34, I'm glad he was able to join The Shield for a hot minute. But that Mania 35 match with Corbin...6 minutes and it sucked.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. Not the Match we wanted to see him end on. The seeds were even planted at survivor series.

Its in Revelations people Jenova's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What if Sting hadn't taken that buckle bomb from Rollins back in 2015, would we have the aforementioned Sting vs Taker WM match?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova View Post
    What if Sting hadn't taken that buckle bomb from Rollins back in 2015, would we have the aforementioned Sting vs Taker WM match?
    It would've been cool to see Taker v. Sting HIAC instead of Taker v. Shane.

This was the Mania where a lot of guys were hurt leading up to it which is why they brought Shane back. But we also miss that HUGE HUGE pop for Shane. Biggest pop since Cena returns at MSG Rumble.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if Damien Demento beat the Undertaker clean on the first episode of RAW? Would it lead to Damien Demento vs. Giant Gonzalez and WrestleMania IX?

What if during the Survivor Series 1993 time frame, where Taker had the American flag on the inside of his coat...what if he opened up his coat and he had the Japanese flag and Canadian flag on the inside of his jacket, turning on Luger and the Steiners?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenova View Post
    According to sting he asked for the Match and undertaker blew him off. My guess is probably because undertaker did not think it would be a great match at thier age. But if they went Cinematic it would have been great. No clue if Sting would be in AEW if it happened.

As for Donald's what if. Undertaker was going to be written off TV regardless to heal up. So if he turns heel I'm guessing both Quebecers are off the team and macho man is the obvious choice to join Luger. Which means razor Ramon gets stuck with a jim Duggan? If not then Duggan joins All Americans since Yokozuna injured him earlier in a previous feud.
    Last edited by Bluegunn; June 17th, 2022 at 3:42 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Undertaker losses. What if he lost to Giant Gonzalez? I think this was his most realistic loss early on. The streak would not exist. Would he have retired early?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Speaking of Undertaker losses. What if he lost to Giant Gonzalez? I think this was his most realistic loss early on. The streak would not exist. Would he have retired early?
    Yeah it's crazy to think about the Streak and the what if's. Would he have beat Diesel if Diesel was staying? The streak talk doesn't kick in until I think the Flair match so there could've been a few times Taker lost. IDK if he would've retired earlier than he did because I'm not sure if that was what was keeping him around 5-6 years after it ended at 30. I remember hearing way back that he was thinking about retiring in 1999/2000.

What if he lost to Gonzales and due to how much he was already annoyed being in that match he decides when his contract is up he's off to WCW?

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Finlay didn't love to fight?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Steamboat would have not retired when he did? Would he have made it to the Invasion?
    Or what about his son? Would he be a big player in NXT?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Steamboat would have not retired when he did? Would he have made it to the Invasion?
    Or what about his son? Would he be a big player in NXT?
    You have to remember Steamboat retired at 40+. He'd be about 50 when the Invasion angle happened. I doubt he would've been part of that. It would have been interesting seeing him mix it up with the nWo. He could've also returned to the WWF in the late 90's maybe as a road agent.

His son and to an extent Flair's son Reid, they had the potential to be great. I remember hearing about them having a match against each other with their father's cornering them and it was very good and neither had much experience. Richie Steamboat, iirc, retired due to back injuries just like his dad did. It's crazy reading his win/loss record and some of the people he wrestled in developmental. He was around when the non-reality show version of NXT started, wrestling guys like Seth Rollins, Kassius Ohno, Jinder, etc. I always heard good things about his work, his promos, etc.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I understood Takers POV about not wrestling Sting until… he agreed to wrestle Goldberg who nearly broke his neck. Goldberg might be the most unsafe worker of all time, people shit on Warrior but I don’t remember him injuring anyone. Goldberg has even injured himself on multiple occasions. I’d love to ask Taker why he thought Sting was too old but Goldberg wasn’t… at 35?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I understood Takers POV about not wrestling Sting until… he agreed to wrestle Goldberg who nearly broke his neck. Goldberg might be the most unsafe worker of all time, people shit on Warrior but I don’t remember him injuring anyone. Goldberg has even injured himself on multiple occasions. I’d love to ask Taker why he thought Sting was too old but Goldberg wasn’t… at 35?
    Like Taker said, the expectations would've been too high for either of them to perform at the level the fans would want. I don't think the expectation for Goldberg v. Taker was ever on that same level. Maybe we'd go "What if you could take Goldberg October 1998 v. Undertaker 2008 streak v. streak??" but beyond that I'm pretty sure everyone knew that Goldy v. Take was a cash grab and the effort would be minimal. By this time Sting had "retired" and WWE weren't about the cinematic stuff--which is why I don't really believe Sting pitched that specific detail.

I mean think about it....Sting took a buckle bomb and about died on ppv. I can see why a few years later they were like naw that's ok.

With that said.....Mania 32 should've been Sting v. Undertaker career v. career. You would've had Sting inducted into the HOF the night before. Huge Dallas crowd but as we know that Mania was plagued with injuries. Great Mania but I know they had a few major storylines altered leading up to it.

Finally, Goldberg gets too much hate for that Taker match. Taker had no business being in that match either. Look at his performances around this time and watch that documentary too. He talks about the condition he was in and while Goldberg was no Bret, I can't say that was all Goldy. Especially when you think about the Roman match, the DX match, even some of the matches with the Wyatt Fam and Lesnar after Mania 30. 31 was really it for Taker imo. Yeah the Styles match was cool but Taker drank whatever HBK did and had a burst of great matches when his body shouldn't have.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Matt Hardy was not released in 2005?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    Like Taker said, the expectations would've been too high for either of them to perform at the level the fans would want. I don't think the expectation for Goldberg v. Taker was ever on that same level. Maybe we'd go "What if you could take Goldberg October 1998 v. Undertaker 2008 streak v. streak??" but beyond that I'm pretty sure everyone knew that Goldy v. Take was a cash grab and the effort would be minimal. By this time Sting had "retired" and WWE weren't about the cinematic stuff--which is why I don't really believe Sting pitched that specific detail.

I mean think about it....Sting took a buckle bomb and about died on ppv. I can see why a few years later they were like naw that's ok.

With that said.....Mania 32 should've been Sting v. Undertaker career v. career. You would've had Sting inducted into the HOF the night before. Huge Dallas crowd but as we know that Mania was plagued with injuries. Great Mania but I know they had a few major storylines altered leading up to it.

Finally, Goldberg gets too much hate for that Taker match. Taker had no business being in that match either. Look at his performances around this time and watch that documentary too. He talks about the condition he was in and while Goldberg was no Bret, I can't say that was all Goldy. Especially when you think about the Roman match, the DX match, even some of the matches with the Wyatt Fam and Lesnar after Mania 30. 31 was really it for Taker imo. Yeah the Styles match was cool but Taker drank whatever HBK did and had a burst of great matches when his body shouldn't have.
    Yeah I’ve seen Taker say that about him vs Sting and never quite understood it. Sting/Taker was never about having a classic match. And I don’t think If they had a match in 98 or 2016 it would have been much different. It was more about the spectacle of seeing them in the ring together. Sting to me has always been a average wrestler, If I ranked my 1,000 favorite matches of all time Sting won’t appear anywhere on that list. But i’d love to see their entrances back to back followed by a face off, a few stinger splashes, a chokeslam, death drop and tombstone for the finish.

As for Goldberg, even as bad as Taker was outta shape and banged up it was the healthy inshape guy that fucked the match up. Taker was just being modest. Goldberg is trash. Every time he wrestles I get nervous for his opponent.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    Yeah I’ve seen Taker say that about him vs Sting and never quite understood it. Sting/Taker was never about having a classic match. And I don’t think If they had a match in 98 or 2016 it would have been much different. It was more about the spectacle of seeing them in the ring together. Sting to me has always been a average wrestler, If I ranked my 1,000 favorite matches of all time Sting won’t appear anywhere on that list. But i’d love to see their entrances back to back followed by a face off, a few stinger splashes, a chokeslam, death drop and tombstone for the finish.

As for Goldberg, even as bad as Taker was outta shape and banged up it was the healthy inshape guy that fucked the match up. Taker was just being modest. Goldberg is trash. Every time he wrestles I get nervous for his opponent.
    Was Goldberg healthy and in shape? Visually they both looked healthy and in shape. And again, you're expecting Goldberg to carry a match let alone a match with broken down Undertaker?

I think Taker was right. It was good that match never happened because it could've been horrid. Taker wasn't delivering at all, like I said, look at the DX match if you're wanting to hang your hat on Goldberg.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if The Macho Man never had that car accident?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    What if The Macho Man never had that car accident?
    I'd like to think he would have at the very least gone into the HOF, maybe drop an album on Heath Slater when he was fighting the legends.

To The Face
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Damian Priest was still a face?

I think the gradual heel turn was just so slow, that by the time we get to him joining Edge, then forming Judgment Day his current form has worked out. Judgment Day is still a work in progress but I feel like he had far more singles potential as a face. Main eventer though? I don't mean top title holder but did his face run go as far as it could?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Sting vs Taker in a Cinematic match though? Sting would not have had to do as much and same with Taker. It would probably be a cheesy match with special effects, but still better than a live match between the two.

As for Savage, remember he refused to be in HOF unless his family gets in with him so it would take longer.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What about Sting vs Taker in a Cinematic match though? Sting would not have had to do as much and same with Taker. It would probably be a cheesy match with special effects, but still better than a live match between the two.

As for Savage, remember he refused to be in HOF unless his family gets in with him so it would take longer.
    I can't say it would be better than a live match. I'm 50/50 on the cinematic stuff. Just because it CAN be a crutch doesn't mean that's a good enough reason to have one. "At least we got something" isn't a good enough reason to have a match. People wanted Warrior v. Hogan 2. We got it. Worst match of the 90's next to Brawl 4 All shit lol.

As far as Savage goes that is what we heard from Lanny. I'm not saying Lanny is a liar but his reasoning (Von Erichs went in, why can't the Poffos!?!?) I don't know if I believe that but I could see it being true. It's just super odd. The Poffos were not the Von Erichs. It'd be like Bill Watts not going into the HOF without his son Erik. Personally I think we would've seen Savage in the HOF a lot sooner than we did.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sort of a 2-parter: What if Roman Reigns faces Goldberg at Mania 36? Do we get a World title run out of Braun Strowman?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    No pandemic, no Strowman world title reign.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I loved​ Braun Strowman, but come on, he wasn't championship material. Upper mid guy at best.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Wyndorf View Post
    I loved​ Braun Strowman, but come on, he wasn't championship material. Upper mid guy at best.
    He was but I think they missed a few chances prior to the pandemic that felt more organic. 2017 and 2018 were really the years they should've put the belt on him. 2018 he had that stupid ass Mania tag title win with the ref's kid but then he won MITB. Too bad he didn't win that Lesnar match at Crown Jewel.

IDK I guess I've just always been pretty high on Braun and wish that he hadn't been released. He's someone I don't see coming back in the near future but it would be cool to see him again.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince right now has two giants twiddling thumbs now that Vince is gone in Kato and Veer. As much as I would like to see Braun return to feud with possible Omas. The land of the Giants is not going to last much longer. So speaking of which.

Would a team of Kato and Veer work since neither is doing much? They would need a mouth piece for sure.

Also what do you think would happen with Mr. Perfect if he did not make the mistake on the plane ride from hell. Yeah he was jobbing to everyone at that point of his career, but would he eventually be a trainer for OVW?

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince right now has two giants twiddling thumbs now that Vince is gone in Kato and Veer. As much as I would like to see Braun return to feud with possible Omas. The land of the Giants is not going to last much longer. So speaking of which.

Would a team of Kato and Veer work since neither is doing much? They would need a mouth piece for sure.

Also what do you think would happen with Mr. Perfect if he did not make the mistake on the plane ride from hell. Yeah he was jobbing to everyone at that point of his career, but would he eventually be a trainer for OVW?
    Mr. Perfect strikes me as somebody who'd be a little like Crush. He'd probably balk at the idea of going into developmental to do too much of anything. Remember how WWF wanted to send Crush to HWA after Kronic's abysmal match with Undertaker and Kane at No Way Out 2001? Yeah, that.

But combine Mr. Perfect's pre-existing injuries, his alcoholism, and his drug use and he wouldn't last long in OVW. Cornette would've loved to work with him, guaranteed. But Mr. Perfect never would've wanted to go for it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Veer's only 6'4". Azeez....eh. Did they go back to calling him Dabba Kato, not sure why you're referring to him as that. WWE has never been about just 1 or 2 giants. Especially when again Veer isn't even a giant he's about the same height as Priest and Sheamus. Don't forget about our boy Shanky! WWE will always be the "land of the giants" but that has never meant that's all they push are guys the size of Big Show.

As for Mr. Perfect....For one looking up his record this guy beat Lesnar at some house shows prior to Lesnar debuting, that's wild. I could see him being a trainer but idk if it would be for OVW or not. He had been working with some of the guys down there and he would be a top tier trainer no doubt. And yeah holy shit he did the job a lot when he came back, wow.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was actually a thought I had for a while. What if Justin Gabriel and Adam Rose were to team up with a Gimmick of calling themselves African Americans considering they were both from South Africa? It was better than what either was doing at the time. They could do backstage segments speaking with actual African Americans.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    As for Mr. Perfect....For one looking up his record this guy beat Lesnar at some house shows prior to Lesnar debuting, that's wild. I could see him being a trainer but idk if it would be for OVW or not. He had been working with some of the guys down there and he would be a top tier trainer no doubt. And yeah holy shit he did the job a lot when he came back, wow.
    Yeah, you know you're never gonna be used right when you're losing to Matt fucking Hardy on Sunday Night Heat

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was actually a thought I had for a while. What if Justin Gabriel and Adam Rose were to team up with a Gimmick of calling themselves African Americans considering they were both from South Africa? It was better than what either was doing at the time. They could do backstage segments speaking with actual African Americans.
    As the old saying goes, it would go over like a fart in church. When those guys started popping up we weren't too far removed from ECW champ Vince who walked around saying the N word talking street with a durag on his head.

The thing is, they weren't African Americans. Or even South African Americans. That implies they were born here and they weren't. Now, if they called themselves the South African Connection/Express, that wouldn't be so bad and I bet there's probably been a few teams with that name somewhere lol.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, you know you're never gonna be used right when you're losing to Matt fucking Hardy on Sunday Night Heat
    He was losing to everyone lol. I remember thinking, Mr Perfect? Mr Jabroni now.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not everyone. He beat Tommy Dreamer!

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As the old saying goes, it would go over like a fart in church. When those guys started popping up we weren't too far removed from ECW champ Vince who walked around saying the N word talking street with a durag on his head.

The thing is, they weren't African Americans. Or even South African Americans. That implies they were born here and they weren't. Now, if they called themselves the South African Connection/Express, that wouldn't be so bad and I bet there's probably been a few teams with that name somewhere lol.
    So they could do a gimmick if how they were real Africans. Heck, Akeem could accompany them to the ring and come out to jive so Bro

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Man, I've always known it as a do-rag, and jive soul bro. The more you know.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I've always known it as a do-rag, and jive soul bro. The more you know.
    It is SOUL bro but durag/do-rag/do rag=same thing.

Banned
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Doudrop, Do-Drop, Dew Drop, D. Ew Drop, Dew Rag, Do-Rag, Doo-Doo-Rag, Doody-Rag, Drew-Drop, Drew-Rag -- All the same thing.