User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WWE What Ifs

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WWE What Ifs

I think there was one of these in the past but can't find it but feel free to combine with other famous what ifs.
    But here is one that was recently debated with a friend.

What if Chavo got the world title push instead of Rey? I mean they already were abusing his name. Why not give it to him? He lacked the mic skills, but could have easily had a mouth piece. He didn't even get a mid card push. Heck, even his caddie got a better push. But how do you think it could have worked?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    They could have made him El Hijo del El Matador and toured Mexico and yes, had Tito as his non-English speaking mouthpiece. Would have been a big success in Texas and south of the boarder. Actually, would have had him win the title in El Paso and lose it in San Antone or Dallas all on the same tour. Not even go to Mexico with the title so that they he could get over as a heel there. That's how WWE does things.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Chavo always irritated me, kinda irrationally.

Only time I enjoyed him was in WCW when he was going a bit loopy in his programme with Eddie. That shit was fun.

He was good in the ring though, sure, but Rey was an easy choice to go with. He was already universally loved for a start. Was just a better fit. Chavo has always been bland.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Chavo get the bigger pop at the rumble? I mean it's not like Rey had a very long reign anyway.
    Also, I can't remember but did he ask for time off because he was not even in the card. Not even the 30 man battle Royal which i think was also a wasted opportunity to let him win instead of viscera if they really wanted to milk the Eddie thing.
    Last edited by Bluegunn; February 4th, 2022 at 10:27 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Chavo always irritated me, kinda irrationally.

Only time I enjoyed him was in WCW when he was going a bit loopy in his programme with Eddie. That shit was fun.

He was good in the ring though, sure, but Rey was an easy choice to go with. He was already universally loved for a start. Was just a better fit. Chavo has always been bland.
    My thoughts on Chavo exactly.
    He was likeable until he turned heel. Then, it was like ... omg, I would kill this guy if I saw him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Owen Hart had never brought back the Blue Blazer gimmick?

Sorry to be dark there. But in fantasy booking mode, I am curious as to how his career trajectory would have gone?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    What if Owen Hart had never brought back the Blue Blazer gimmick?

Sorry to be dark there. But in fantasy booking mode, I am curious as to how his career trajectory would have gone?
    This is something I've always wondered as well. If time travel was a thing, I'd want to go back and hug him and tell him not to do it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    This is something I've always wondered as well. If time travel was a thing, I'd want to go back and hug him and tell him not to do it.
    Even if we’re removing the Blue Blazer gimmick, I still don’t think he would have been World Champ and just been solid midcarder. The Austin train was running full steam and he would’ve been lost in the Austin/Taker/McMahon title shuffle at the time then there was the rise of HHH.

Timing just never worked out for Owen.
    Last edited by Badger; February 5th, 2022 at 12:26 AM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Even if we’re removing the Blue Blazer gimmick, I still don’t think he would have been World Champ and just been solid midcarder. The Austin train was running full steam and he would’ve been lost in the Austin/Taker/McMahon title shuffle at the time then there was the rise of HHH.
    Let's be honest, Owen had a vision of The King of King's rise to the top and subsequent reign and then, he jumped.

SO, let's go back and get him to jump ship and interfere within the first 10 seconds of Bret/Golberg at Starrcade 1999.
    Can you imagine Owen doing all that he could to help his brother and getting speared and jackhammered week after week and still telling Golberg to fuck off? I can see the spittle on his lip now...

Plus, can you imagine what a different person Golberg would be today if he only had an Owen in his life?
    He would be taking Tank Abbott's spot in 3 Count, and saying things like, "does anybody remember laughter?!" and "who are WE to doubt El Dandy?"

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Owen would eventually be teaming with the returning Bulldog again. Which would be better for Davey in the end. Bret would convince Owen to stay in Wwf though after experience there. Owen would get shots at the title against Austin but lose in the end. Vince just could not chance the Hart member having the belt after the mess with Bret. Which is the reason Bulldog never got it. No blazer would make him The Game instead of HHH according to the man himself. That means corporate Hart until the Radicals show up. Owen and Radicalz feud with DX Eddie was injured leaving his spot to Owen.

If Owen did jump, he would get suspended for backstage pranks. See Bulldog and Neidhart to see what they would do with Owen if he did jump.
    Last edited by Bluegunn; February 7th, 2022 at 5:06 AM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I did always wonder. Would Pillman jump too if he was alive?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    I did always wonder. Would Pillman jump too if he was alive?
    I don't think so because he wasn't a family member. He was just a high paid talent who could barely wrestle so they had to give him SOMETHING to do and nobody in the Hart Foundation could really cut a promo especially on Pillman's level.

If Pillman hadn't passed he would've been main eventing at least one ppv against Austin in 1998 for the World title. He was physically maybe 40% of what he was prior to the car crash but during this era, workrate was not the big draw. Storylines and promos brought 8-9 million people watching Monday night wrestling.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    First Owens, now Pillmans, this thread gets darker and darker.

What if Dave Finlay was tall?

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what if I didn't stop watching wrestling in 2005

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by GOAT_Eli View Post
    what if I didn't stop watching wrestling in 2005
    ... then we would still be here today.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok lets not go too dark. Do we think if Russo never jumped ship WCW might have died earlier? Booker might not get title. Who knows what happens with Bret at that point. Maybe some bad stories in WWf? Hogan stays until ship sinks? This could go many ways.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Cactus Jack vs HHH - Mrs Foley on a pole match

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Max Moon won the Intercontinental Championship on the first episode of RAW?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Benoit hadn't committed that horrible crime? What would his legacy have been?

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Owen was going nowhere in the WWF, sadly. Plus, Austin had pretty much refused to work with him after SummerSlam '97, so a programme there probably wouldn't have happened. Survivor Series '97 was a squash, probably due to a combination of Austin's health and his reluctance to work with Owen. And of course they were strangely on the same team at No Way Out in 1998. Again though, the fact their history wasn't touched on at all, suggests to me again that Austin's reluctance to work with him was legit. And rightly so, really.

Benoit would have gone down as one of the greatest in-ring talents of all time. At the time of the tragedy, he'd been moved to ECW, the third brand, which was a bad sign to most. He'd have made it back to the main shows at some point, but mid-card is where he'd have been, I'd say. Deffo think he'd have gone on to be a trainer for the company.

Now Eddie, on the other hand, I think had more world titles in him. Guessing he was to start a heel run as champion the night he died. Starting tweener, perhaps, before going fully fledged dick. Would have been great.

Huge what if, but what if steroids had never been banned by the company? What would the company look like today? A load more deaths along the way, for a start. A lot of the smaller guys wouldn't have had the runs they had on top. Bryan, Eddie, Benoit, Rey etc.
    Last edited by Murphy; February 28th, 2022 at 7:48 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah it's cryptic as fuck to think about how it's too bad the death of Eddie was what really spearheaded the Wellness program and Benoit's death cemented it for the most part.

If we're to believe certain people in the business, Eddie was set to win the title on that Smackdown since Batista was going to be out for awhile with an injury. They end up holding off for another 2 months, during the time Batista gets hurt AGAIN which is where we get Kurt as champion going into Mania that year. Also, Matt Hardy said one of the ideas was that he was going to feud with heel Eddie for the title since Matt had just came over to SD a few weeks prior to Eddie's death.

Benoit....He would've made it back to Raw or Smackdown the following draft. I think Booker T was originally supposed to be the top WWE guy going there and he was like naw fuck that. So Benoit goes and man, just think about how good CM Punk v. Chris Benoit would've been as well as Benoit as ECW champion in general carrying that brand. Probably what Heyman wanted out of Angle when it first started back up. Have this top tier straight up technician who was more intense than anyone twice his size.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thinking if steroids were not banned we would have got Hogan vs Flair. Which means no Warrior return. Chris Masters might have been a bigger deal too.

Sadly if Benoit did not do what he did I hate to say it but with his depression I think he would have just taken his own life eventually. Death of Eddie really hurt him. But at least he would be in Hall of Fame.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Pat McAfee decides to ask Vince about Steph and Macho Man today?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if Hogan never left WWE in 93/94?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Dustin Rhodes turned down the Goldust gimmick?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    What if HHH hadn't torn his quads in 2001?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What if Hogan never left WWE in 93/94?
    Hogan main events WM X-XV and becomes the face of the attitude era, burying Michaels, Hart and Austin. The Hart family and Kliq unite to oust him.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Tricky one. If the Invasion angle was still going ahead if not delayed then possibly Austin would’ve turned on him to end the Two Man Power Trip and HHH essentially takes Angle’s spot for Team WWF. Then Rock comes back wondering if he can really trust him. Angle and Jericho a bit less prominent in the angle.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    According to Jericho, TLC III happened as a result of them having to rewrite Smackdown after Triple H went down. If that match doesn’t happen, then maybe Benoit doesn’t injure his neck.

I think there were reports that the eventual plan was for Triple H to turn face and feud with a heel Austin. So Angle wouldn’t have gotten that big face push (him winning the WCW Title from Booker T in Pittsburgh is still one of my favourite TV matches) and we would have been deprived of those great comedy segments he had with Austin before the Alliance was born. I doubt Jericho gets anywhere near a World Title that year. Maybe they run Austin vs Jericho for a short time while building to Triple H and Austin’s alliance breaking down.

If the Invasion angle was delayed and The Two Man Power Trip collapses, it would have been interesting to see how they would have handled The Rock’s return. Maybe we would have gotten that fabled Austin vs Rock vs Triple H match.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if James "Kamala" Harris was VP?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    In my headcanon, the Two-Man Power Trip don't lose their tag titles on that RAW, the Invasion isn't delayed and HHH sides with his wife in the Alliance, taking Shane's spot in the 5-on-5.

The true long game comes at WM 31 where, compromised by his WCW/Alliance past, HHH drops his spot against Sting to Undertaker. (and yes, I know about Mean Mark Callous)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    What if James "Kamala" Harris was VP?
    Wheelchair access would be much more widespread.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Owen's time was up. He wasn't ever going to be world champion. If he was, he would have beaten Bret at Summerslm in 94. I suspect from 99 onwards he would have been used to put over new talent.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Owen's time was up. He wasn't ever going to be world champion. If he was, he would have beaten Bret at Summerslm in 94. I suspect from 99 onwards he would have been used to put over new talent.

Though if bret didn't get injured and wcw was still sold, a wcw representing Bret vs wwe Owen feud would have been erecti9lon worthy

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Am I having a stroke

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Kliq still having power no way Owen gets the title. They didn't even let him get the Euro title from HHH. They wanted to keep him away from the Kliq. I'm thinking Owen would eventually switch over to the alliance though. Bret might have sat at home collecting checks as he was still not happy with Vince injured or not. Vince would fire Bret and Jarrett the same night via the same segment.

Also going back to Benoit I forgot we would still get the who killed Vince Storyline.

What about Austin staying healthy? What would happen to him in that year? No running over Stone Cold storyline. Which means no Rikishi turn. But I think we might have gotten Rikishi vs Haku instead of that tag team.

Speaking of Haku, do you think he could have won the Brawl for all? Would he even consider fighting?
    Last edited by Bluegunn; March 4th, 2022 at 2:45 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia

Though if bret didn't get injured and wcw was still sold, a wcw representing Bret vs wwe Owen feud would have been erecti9lon worthy
    Am I having a stroke

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Shawn had seceded and Vader had won the belt at Summerslam 96, would it have been a fruitful reign? My guess is Shawn would have won it back fairly quickly.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald;[URL="tel:8276177"
    8276177[/URL]]Am I having a stroke
    Can you smell burning?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What if Shawn had seceded and Vader had won the belt at Summerslam 96, would it have been a fruitful reign? My guess is Shawn would have won it back fairly quickly.
    Would have been cool/refreshing to see a big defense against Sid. Can't remember many credible babyface challengers at the time except like, Ahmed and Marc Mero. Seeing Shawn lose the title and lose a rematch would have been to die for though.

The time-traveler would also have to clean up the road to the title for Vader. Save the match with Yokozuna and don't let Warrior get a win over him.
    Last edited by Horatio; March 4th, 2022 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm just freestyling from memory but I believe Shawn was either going to win it back at Survivor Series OR at the Rumble in San Antonio, TX. Sid then wound up getting back in Vince's good graces due to how popular he was getting and they switched from Vader to Sid.

Honestly, the big WHAT IF for Vader is what if he came to the WWF in like 1992-1993 instead of 1996 when he was pretty banged up and not as motivated. He was just fired too for getting his ass whipped. I will say this, I do think Vader should've been WWF champion but I understand why they kept it on Shawn. Shawn needed it and if they didn't we more than likely would've missed out on Mankind v. HBK at Mind Games. Possibly the best match of 1996.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Horatio View Post
    Would have been cool/refreshing to see a big defense against Sid. Can't remember many credible babyface challengers at the time except like, Ahmed and Marc Mero. Seeing Shawn lose the title and lose a rematch would have been to die for though.

The time-traveler would also have to clean up the road to the title for Vader. Save the match with Yokozuna and don't let Warrior get a win over him.
    Sid, The Undertaker, Ahmed Johnson, Marc Mero, and if Shawn wasn't champion you throw him in the mix as well. They had a solid top tier of babyfaces, problem was a lot of these guys were injury prone like a motherfucker. Undertaker was always hurt, crazy how long he lasted.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if Sid cared more about wrestling than softball? He would have taken Hogan's spot for sure.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Chavo Guerrero, Sr. and Tito Santana had been booked as a tag team in the WWF?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What if the balls were not so soft? Would bookers understand our love for Sid then?

What if Sid were not such a nice guy? Would Goldberg be then his bitch?

What if Ahmed Johnson was not batshit guano in the brains? What if he were made into a psyborg?

What if Vince McMahon feuded with Jim Cornette in the "dog-food" angle instead of Shamrock and Davey Boy? How could Jim Cornette talk with his mouth still full?

What if Ahmed Johnson stole Huffman's Booker instead of his T? What if Ahmed Johnson was not batshit crazy in the head?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if Ahmed Johnson was Big Dick Johnson, rubbing baby oil all over his sexy black body.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if there was a Rey Mysterio feud with La Familia?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What if Ahmed Johnson was Big Dick Johnson, rubbing baby oil all over his sexy black body.
    The world would slip from his clutches and no Pearl River Plunge.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Is Big Dick Johnson related to Long Dick Johnson?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Chavo defeated X-Pac for the Light Heavyweight Championship?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What if X-Pac and Chyna (RIP) had never done that porn on the side of Cody Rhodes's neck?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Kerwin White was a more overt heel?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    What if Chavo defeated X-Pac for the Light Heavyweight Championship?
    Cruiserweight title match it was. But question is has there been a title change on Jakked? Not even hardcore title to my knowledge.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Booker beat HHH at Mania 19? How would the title reign have gone?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a long one I reckon. Goldberg was coming in post-Mania, so they would have had to move the title back to HHH for that feud so a the run would have only been for a few months. It would definitely have elevated him though and it was an absolute burial in how Book was beaten.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Shinsuke Nakamura beat AJ Styles @ WM 34?

It would've been ok but I don't think it would've made it past May. Me personally I'm glad Booker lost because I felt the Nash feud coming out of Mania was stronger than Booker T v. Triple H. But if Booker T wins he definitely drops it back to Triple H. Especially with the formation of Evolution. It made sense for Triple H to be champion but Raw wasn't very good during this era imo.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cruiserweight title match it was. But question is has there been a title change on Jakked? Not even hardcore title to my knowledge.
    It was both. X-Pac defended the Light Heavyweight Championship against him in March 2001, but it was still on Jakked. Yeah I don’t think a title ever changed hands on that show.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Everyone would have been happy. Triple H's iron-cross wouldn't have been called a swastika that summer.

Other than an awesome heel Rock versus defending face Booker T at Backlash, there wouldn't have been much for Booker to do as champion. Losing the title back to Triple H would have been just as unwanted and uncool.

What if Sean O'Haire hadn't been paired with Piper? What if they just let him be some complicated, evil dude in a suit?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    More recent one - what if they don't job out Ryback against Punk in HITC? He was being built as an unstoppable face like Goldberg and was over like rover. That cell loss really cut him out at the knees.

What is Wade Barrett survives the Cena v Nexus elimination match at Summerslam?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Santino Marella would have won the WWE Championship inside the Elimination Chamber?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What if Santino won the women's royal rumble?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Romford Pele View Post
    More recent one - what if they don't job out Ryback against Punk in HITC? He was being built as an unstoppable face like Goldberg and was over like rover. That cell loss really cut him out at the knees.

What is Wade Barrett survives the Cena v Nexus elimination match at Summerslam?
    The HIAC match definitely put the WWE in bad position because they had a vision. The Rock ends Punk's super long worthless reign to drop it back to Cena at Mania. If Punk loses, he doesn't get The Rock match. Ryback v. The Rock on paper looks cool but the match would've been fuckin terrible.

Ryback is one of those guys who in hindsight you wonder why they had him lose like 7 ppvs in a row, especially that Mark Henry loss @ Mania holy shit that was stupid. They just kept putting him in situations where him winning didn't make sense. But I think had he ended Punk's reign and then lost it back when The Shield debuted it would've been cool.

Nexus no doubt should've won that match at Summerslam.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Inclusive

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would have been Santina.

This is one I never understood from a fan's perspective. Ryback had gotten over with his "Feed Me More!" chants but he was pretty much a Jinder Mahal in the ring. But then again, Hulk Hogan was never a ring general either.

What if Arnold Skaaland hadn't thrown the towel in as manager for Bob Backlund?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The HIAC match definitely put the WWE in bad position because they had a vision. The Rock ends Punk's super long worthless reign to drop it back to Cena at Mania. If Punk loses, he doesn't get The Rock match. Ryback v. The Rock on paper looks cool but the match would've been fuckin terrible.

Ryback is one of those guys who in hindsight you wonder why they had him lose like 7 ppvs in a row, especially that Mark Henry loss @ Mania holy shit that was stupid. They just kept putting him in situations where him winning didn't make sense. But I think had he ended Punk's reign and then lost it back when The Shield debuted it would've been cool.

Nexus no doubt should've won that match at Summerslam.
    Wade Barrett is the biggest heel miss in the last 10-12 years in my mind. Had injuries yes, but man he had it all as a heel!

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wade Barrett is the biggest heel miss in the last 10-12 years in my mind. Had injuries yes, but man he had it all as a heel!
    The injuries were ultimately what killed his momentum. People can survive bad booking. He was made of glass. He had serious potential. He looked the part, sounded the part, never really won me over with his in-ring ability but he was good enough.

2 things that could've saved him: Not doing The Corre and putting the belt on him at Survivor Series. Something must have happened with Wade and the WWE because even his first WM match was like a minute squash.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm afraid that was some bad news for him.

What if the Big Show was serious about his weight for his entire career, instead of only the last 6 months of it when he got abs?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if every time a wrestler got fired they came back under a mask?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    What if every time a wrestler got fired they came back under a mask?
    Crusher Machines should be in the Hall of Fame. He's the only machine who is not.

Giant Machine (Andre)
    Super Machine (Ax)
    Big Machine (Black Jack Mulligan)
    Hulk Machine
    Animal Machine
    Piper Machine

Managed by Capt. Lou Albano

The machines drove Heenan nuts, which was of course, great TV. Heenan getting Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy to wear a paper bag over their heads to protest the silliness was terrific.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post

What if the Big Show was serious about his weight for his entire career, instead of only the last 6 months of it when he got abs?
    Hard to say. He looked good back in late 1995-mid 1997. He had a great career but I do think it could've been better if he would've stayed in better shape.

I think if he was serious about his weight it would've lead to a bigger push early on in his WWF run. Yeah he won the title but the follow up was pitiful. I still hate we missed The Rock v. Triple H v. Stone Cold at that Survivor Series 1999 ppv.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If hbk botched his rumble finish would bulldog turn on diesel? Or possibly make it a triple threat somehow

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crusher Machines should be in the Hall of Fame. He's the only machine who is not.
    Well he is in the WCW Hall of Fame. Which the WWE owns.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What if when Crush returned with the goatee in 1993, he didn't turn against Savage, he just changed his look and entrance theme to Alice Cooper's "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and he continued to be his bad-ass self until the weapons charges came in. It would have rocked. No doubt about it, you would all be hooked to this day.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he would have a very different legacy. Rather than being flip flopped face to heel 427 times, he could have been a mega heel for 5-10 years. I still think he was massively overexposed though. Andre the Giant wasnt on tv every week in the 70s and 80s, he was an attraction. They should have been far more sparing in how they used him.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are two taker ones:-

1) What if Lesnar doesn't end the streak? Would it have ended, who would it have been?

2) They missed out on such an enormous match at WM31. Imagine if they had done Sting/Taker at Mania, rather than Sting/HHH. Why on gods green earth did they not do that match??

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Because Sting and Taker are on the same side and they have no reason to fight.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Batista didn’t challenge Triple H?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1) What if Lesnar doesn't end the streak? Would it have ended, who would it have been?

2) They missed out on such an enormous match at WM31. Imagine if they had done Sting/Taker at Mania, rather than Sting/HHH. Why on gods green earth did they not do that match??
    I thought we got more info on why Taker/Sting didn't happen but I'm hazy on it. I thought Sting said Taker shot it down but I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think he would have a very different legacy. Rather than being flip flopped face to heel 427 times, he could have been a mega heel for 5-10 years. I still think he was massively overexposed though. Andre the Giant wasnt on tv every week in the 70s and 80s, he was an attraction. They should have been far more sparing in how they used him.
    To be fair Andre came up in a totally different era than Big Show. I mean nobody was really on tv every single week back in the 70's and 80's. Especially big names like Andre and Hogan. Show wasn't overexposed he was just lazy and it "showed" lol. Show is a great heel and babyface, probably why they always turned his ass lol.

If it's not Lesnar or Cena then mayyyyybe Roman Reigns. It had to be someone already mega established or a talent that unless they died were getting that same level of a push. I mean imagine if instead of Taker v. Styles you got Taker v. Roman for Taker's last match ever but it was Tribal Chief Roman. If there would've been a way to predict Tribal Chief Roman at WM 30, maybe wait until Roman's at the top.

But I actually thought if anyone was going to do it by then, it'd be John Cena. Lesnar was a great choice too, the most legit motherfucker in the game beating Taker at Mania....It's better than the idea that you just give it to a Mason Ryan and hope that it elevates them. This is why Hogan and not Hacksaw Duggan beat Andre the Giant clean back in 1987.

WM 31===I'm not negative to the fact that they did Triple H v. Sting. It made more sense with the direction they were going than Sting v. Undertaker. I was just pissed at the run-ins being off (why were the original trio helping Sting??) and the fact Trips won. All because they THOUGHT they were going to get Rock v. Triple H somehow. Stupid.

Sting v. Undertaker.....That's one of those dream matches where I think most of us fans would've been fine with them going at it during this stage of their careers but also a match that fans are fine with it not ever happening because of that same reason. Sting v. Undertaker should've happened around Mania 22-25, somewhere in there. Sting was doing well in TNA, Taker was actually putting on some of the best matches of his career....But Sting didn't want to chance WWE burying him and he stayed where they kept putting the World title on him at BFG every year.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if Jaxson Ryker was Peter Griffin's favorite wrestler?

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the title picture in 1999 was Austin, Rock, Mankind, Triple H, The Undertaker, Kane, Mr McMahon, Shane McMahon, and Hardcore Holly?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Sean O'Haire hadn't been paired with Piper? What if they just let him be some complicated, evil dude in a suit?
    He wouldn't have pulled it off. Guy had a killer look but the skills didn't match it. Opposite of Palumbo, who looked kinda like a doof but would mess you up good.

O'Haire and Piper were a weird match.

What if Test got credit for carrying Brock Lesnar to Brock's first good match?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, pretty sure the reason they put O'Haire with Piper was because O'Haire couldn't do the mic work required of the character. Fine in pre-tapes but being on a live mic is a different thing. But I'm not telling you anything you don't already know...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if someone had interfered in Flair vs. Michaels at 24?

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because Sting and Taker are on the same side and they have no reason to fight.
    Hogan/Warrior, Bret/HBK, Rock/Austin, HBK/Cena and HBK/Taker. 5 Mania main events between faces. They could have easily done it and should have.

You can have had Bray/HHH as well which would have been interesting, and could easily have turned Bray face for it.

Yikes
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To be fair Andre came up in a totally different era than Big Show. I mean nobody was really on tv every single week back in the 70's and 80's. Especially big names like Andre and Hogan. Show wasn't overexposed he was just lazy and it "showed" lol. Show is a great heel and babyface, probably why they always turned his ass lol.

If it's not Lesnar or Cena then mayyyyybe Roman Reigns. It had to be someone already mega established or a talent that unless they died were getting that same level of a push. I mean imagine if instead of Taker v. Styles you got Taker v. Roman for Taker's last match ever but it was Tribal Chief Roman. If there would've been a way to predict Tribal Chief Roman at WM 30, maybe wait until Roman's at the top.

But I actually thought if anyone was going to do it by then, it'd be John Cena. Lesnar was a great choice too, the most legit motherfucker in the game beating Taker at Mania....It's better than the idea that you just give it to a Mason Ryan and hope that it elevates them. This is why Hogan and not Hacksaw Duggan beat Andre the Giant clean back in 1987.

WM 31===I'm not negative to the fact that they did Triple H v. Sting. It made more sense with the direction they were going than Sting v. Undertaker. I was just pissed at the run-ins being off (why were the original trio helping Sting??) and the fact Trips won. All because they THOUGHT they were going to get Rock v. Triple H somehow. Stupid.

Sting v. Undertaker.....That's one of those dream matches where I think most of us fans would've been fine with them going at it during this stage of their careers but also a match that fans are fine with it not ever happening because of that same reason. Sting v. Undertaker should've happened around Mania 22-25, somewhere in there. Sting was doing well in TNA, Taker was actually putting on some of the best matches of his career....But Sting didn't want to chance WWE burying him and he stayed where they kept putting the World title on him at BFG every year.
    Yes, you are right they were different eras....but you still could have rationed how often you used the guy. He was out of shape and lazy but he was overbooked too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, you are right they were different eras....but you still could have rationed how often you used the guy. He was out of shape and lazy but he was overbooked too.
    No you couldn't have. It's a different era and I'm not even sure what Andre you're talking in terms of him being used sparingly. He was always working until the mid-late 80's when he was older and his health was declining.

They wouldn't have used Big Show like they use Lesnar now back in the late 90's early 2000's. A totally different era, business model, etc. They were paying Show an extreme amount of money....They weren't just going to book him once a month. He was in his 20's. Andre the Giant was in his 40's, in terrible health, so Vince wasn't going to use him unless he had to.

See, when Big Show got that point of his career like Andre did the WWE did stop using him all the time. They weren't going to pay Show 1-2 million a year and only use him 12 times a year. He wasn't overbooked he just wasn't going to be the next big thing. Even if he wasn't lazy and didn't turn 200 times he wasn't going to be Andre just because he was tall.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Hulk Hogan had stayed until Summerslam 1993 and did the job to Bret? How would that feud have played out and what would the finish have been?

It was still the era of kayfabe and protecting the top tier guys so I don't think we'd be hearing any "Hogan you can't wrestle" or "Bret you're just a little guy" type back and forth.

In my head I would've just made it to where Bret Hart wins KOTR 1993, and that gives him the title shot at Summerslam. Bret plays up that he's the King, now he just needs to be World champion. They also would need to factor in maybe Hogan leaning a little toward the heel side, telling Bret he had to finish the job at WM 9 against Yokozuna.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Hulk Hogan had stayed until Summerslam 1993 and did the job to Bret? How would that feud have played out and what would the finish have been?

It was still the era of kayfabe and protecting the top tier guys so I don't think we'd be hearing any "Hogan you can't wrestle" or "Bret you're just a little guy" type back and forth.

In my head I would've just made it to where Bret Hart wins KOTR 1993, and that gives him the title shot at Summerslam. Bret plays up that he's the King, now he just needs to be World champion. They also would need to factor in maybe Hogan leaning a little toward the heel side, telling Bret he had to finish the job at WM 9 against Yokozuna.
    If Hogan had stayed, Bret probably would’ve had to play the heel side a little bit. Bret would’ve worked on the legs, led his way a bit but Hogan would’ve countered the Sharpshooter, got to the ropes then did his Hulk routine to win. Just can’t see at that time Hulk putting him over.
    Last edited by Badger; March 18th, 2022 at 4:58 PM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What if the Shockmaster didn't trip

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if Hulk did the job, I doubt it would have been clean. Shit goes down like a red bump and Cornette/Yokozuna gets involved and Bret unwittingly takes advantage.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if the Shockmaster didn't trip
    Then he would’ve been obscure in a few months and not be the cult legend that he is today.

Trip was probably the best thing that happened inadvertently lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Benoit hadn’t buggered his neck at KOTR 01, how would he have played into the Invasion angle?

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Benoit hadn’t buggered his neck at KOTR 01, how would he have played into the Invasion angle?
    Lost in the shuffle with the Alliance. WWE lost 2 key players within like a month: Triple H and Chris Benoit. I would really like to know how the Invasion angle would've gone with Triple H in the mix. But Benoit I think would've been 3-4 guys down in the mix especially after Austin joined.

If you ever want to know what booking on the fly truly looks like, watch WWF 2001-2002. They took a long time to recover from losing WCW as a competitor.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see Benoit taking Rhynos spot in the alliance in terms of booking. Can't remember but where was Eddie at this time? WWA right?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could see Benoit taking Rhynos spot in the alliance in terms of booking. Can't remember but where was Eddie at this time? WWA right?
    Rehab.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    What if DDPY was around in the 90s to give us more years of active Mr. Perfect?
    Would we be better men? Stronger men? Perfect men?

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if DDPY was around in the 90s to give us more years of active Mr. Perfect?
    Would we be better men? Stronger men? Perfect men?
    Sorry to say but to be honest in the 90s guys would probably too infatuated with Kimberly in the background to do any ddp yoga.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Sorry to say but to be honest in the 90s guys would probably too infatuated with Kimberly in the background to do any ddp yoga.
    They could do tantric-yoga with Kimberly, but guru Dally would have to open the VHS-hotline to get them hooked on yogic excercise. Surely DDP would offer up his wife to give the world a pain-free Mr. Perfect...

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What if Bret Hart signed with WCW in the summer of 1996?