User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ROYAL RUMBLE 2022

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brock won the Rumble in the early 2000s.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    @Randolph you get the last laugh.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked the womens rumble more than the mens

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt bad for Kofi even though I am tired of that same stunt every year, the crowd reacted similar to when Taker lost the streak and were just like "wait, what?".

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Rousey and Lesnar. What is this bullshit?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    I felt bad for Kofi even though I am tired of that same stunt every year, the crowd reacted similar to when Taker lost the streak and were just like "wait, what?".
    At the same time if this fail results in them canning the stunt every year, then as much as this sucked for Kofi, this could be a blessing in disguise and he just competes normally.

It’s far run its course.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Having a major PPV on a Saturday is as egregious as having the Champions League final on a Saturday or moving the FA cup final to five o'clock.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyski View Post
    Having a major PPV on a Saturday is as egregious as having the Champions League final on a Saturday or moving the FA cup final to five o'clock.
    Although easier for the 9-5ers not having to dread Monday morning lol.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Surprised by the extent of the backlash to this show. This is the first WWE PPV I've watched in full since Wrestlemania last year and my affection for the company is at an all time low but I enjoyed it a fair bit.

Reigns/Rollins was a blast. Seth's Shield entrance was class and I thought the match told a solid story. Rollins was loving himself for pulling off that entrance, getting into Roman's head. He started off super hot and got a couple of big near falls. Then with the second curb stomp he came as close as can be but Reigns still kicked out and his confidence just suddenly evaporated. Finish kind of worked for me.

I thought the women's rumble was perhaps the best one they've done (not saying a huge amount, sure). Melina's elimination was super awkward and Sasha's early nothing elimination was really deflating but other than that I thought it was good. A number of memorable spots and exchanges - Deville & Naomi, Molly & Nikki, Mickie & McCool, Rousey & Baszler. Mickie James coming to the ring with the Knockouts title was something. A couple of fun surprises. I've avoided WWE news lately so I didn't know Rousey was going to be there. She did look a bit off at times but I'm still glad to see her back. Should be fun to see her decide between Flair & Lynch. Hopefully we'll get the latter. The match we never got to see.

GREAT video package for Lesnar/Lashley. I was really looking forward to this. It didn't reach the level I'd hoped but it wasn't too far off. Some good work and I found it all pretty engrossing. That finish was inevitable if you believed the reports that they've always been going with Reigns/Lesnar at WM.

Crowd wasn't into Lynch/Doudrop and nor was I but it looked fine enough. I tuned out completely during the mixed tag. I can't stand this version of Edge. A heel turn would be most welcome.

Men's Rumble was pretty rotten, although I don't know if it's the worst of all time as seems to be the consensus. The crowd didn't completely turn on it like we've seen before. Lesnar coming out at 30 and winning was so obvious you might have hoped they'd have done it just a bit differently but hey ho. "Depressing" is a good word to describe the whole thing really. Tired booking and an unwelcome reminder of just who Vince actually sees as the real stars.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Yes! chance pops that Brie got for her husband was as much a surprise to me as the fact that Bad Bunny got better at wrestling since we last saw him.

I am bored of Sonya's antics. We all knew that Naomi didn't really like the Funkadactyl Cameron, because she was a model and not a wrestler. It took Naomi years to wash that stink off and become a credible wrestler. Sonya delaying her entrance reminded me - wasn't there a precedent that if a competitor did not enter before the next person, they were automatically eliminated?

Grit Couple vs. It Couple was better than it had any right to be - both Edge and Miz really understood the spot they were in, and they handled the worn out crowd as well as anybody could. Good use of classic heel tactics and near pins to really get the crowd back,

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    i watched the 2003 royal rumble show instead last night. fun show overall. angle/benoit is still a classic. man i wish we could have two hour and forty minute PPVs these days.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did I miss something or was there a lot of wrestlers not in Rumble. Xavier Woods, Cesaro, etc??

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Sonya delaying her entrance reminded me - wasn't there a precedent that if a competitor did not enter before the next person, they were automatically eliminated?
    Possibly recently. In 2000 Big Bossman didn't enter against Rikishi until the number after his was called (wiki says it was Test)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    My dad text me to let me know the Rumble was coming on, had no idea it was a Saturday show, but I still missed it due to homework. Hell, I still have homework.

But am glad to hear Rollins and Reigns delivered. I don't like either of them as wrestlers, but kayfabe-wise, that seems like one of their legit main events and of course, WWE agents can make sure it's entertaining on all fronts.

I can't believe they're wasting Edge on The Miz. Mizanin has good qualities, but I can't believe he's pushed so hard as a heel. He seems like a celebrity fanboy playing a heel and having the time of his life (kinda how I feel about heel Edge too). I'd rather see him as WWE's main bland utility guy as your Horowitzes and Gulaks get relegated to being. Then, one day big superstar Edge says, "Kid, you're gonna be my tag partner!" and then he gets his one time to shine. You would think a celebrity fanboy turned wrestler would get to at least play a celebrity fanboy turned wrestler, as that would give another level of authenticity to a show that includes former MMA champions and ninjas and stuff, but whatever. Maryse is voluptuous and convincing in her role...

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mixed bag of a PPV. Mostly good but some disappointing things and setting up some things that don't set my world on fire.

Reigns/Rollins was super good. Loved the Shield gear and the nods to the past, the chairshot mirroring Seth's turn was particularly cool. Dig they went full tilt outta the gate. Finish was a bit of a fizzle out but it made sense and the post match stuff was all fine. I legit kind of thought we might see Mox make the save just because they've referenced him a few times in the build and even McAfee mentioned him at the start of the bout (and again as Mox and not Ambrose which is curious).

Women's Rumble was the better of the two Rumbles. Some nice storyline bits and fun interactions. Nice to see Bianca and Rhea get a fair amount of time/focus. I knew about most of the surprise entrants but there were a couple I didn't know about which was cool (personally popped for Sarah Logan and Molly Holly). I like Ronda and am happy to have her back but I can understand the complaint of the women's main event always being Lynch/Charlotte and the idea that Ronda's taking it from a potential new star.

Lynch/Doudrop was acceptable but not particularly next level. Also, Doudrop isn't over at all which is a shame. Crowd gave no shits. EDIT: Apparently the Mania sign was on fire, so that didn't help the situation.

Lesnar/Lashley fucking sucked. Dream match, my ass. I was really hyped for this and was really hoping they'd do something special, bring in the legit shoot game, MMA-style, etc., but nope, standard Suplex city, "we only know two moves" bullshit. Yawn. Could have been amazing but instead it was nothing. On the plus side, Bobby got the title and I love Bobby so yay for that, at least.

It Couple vs. Grit Couple was everything it needed to be. Good stuff. They had me that the heels had it with that one stretch near the end (Maryse-ranna, DDT, Skull Crushing Finale). No complaints here.

Men's Rumble was weak and pretty forgettable overall. I think all I'll really remember of it was Kofi botching his big spot, Knoxville's involvement, Bad Bunny being in there, and the winner. No real surprises or memorable bits otherwise. With Reigns match on first rather than a Rumble, I started piecing together what was probably going to happen, Lesnar's match confirmed it, and then it happened. Meh. Could have easily set up that match just with Lesnar being pissed for getting screwed and/or winning the Chamber and not wasted this Rumble win on him. I'm not excited to see Reigns/Lesnar again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadman31 View Post
    Did I miss something or was there a lot of wrestlers not in Rumble. Xavier Woods, Cesaro, etc??
    Woods is injured.
    Last edited by mth; January 30th, 2022 at 11:07 AM.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Riddle is really good with the shocked reactions. He did it again this year, with Lesnar’s entrance. Then he totally was out of sequence of the suplexes and had to keep backing out and I’m pretty sure Riddle was smiling when Lesnar finally gave him his haha.

My dad pinned Mr Backlund Kneeneighbor's Avatar
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    On the Mainia sign/women's match. I didn't see it on fire. It looked like they were repacking it with more Pyro. Either way it's not why we were dead in the crowd. It was a 4 hour show with 2 Rumbles. That was the clear piss break. The lime was a mile lo g for the bathroom. Half the crowd was out in the concourse.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heard Rousey and Lesnar won. Yawn.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like the Rousey win is at least different and a legit surprise if you don't pay attention to rumors.

I understand the frustration with Brock, though.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They've done it again. Managed to make the interim story far more engrossing than the potential 'Mania one. Reigns vs. Rollins became the match last night, with Reigns vs. Lesnar 18 falling way short of that. Cue the We Want Rollins chants to sabotage the segments and another shoehorned triple threat match.

Ronda's comeback was fine. She was only around a year, one title reign, didn't win the Rumble, doesn't have a pinfall/submission win over either champion, genuine storyline surprise after 3 years out. The Brock bit was not. The roster could not have looked further away from him as a star. Awful. Who are they dragging out to wrestle Lashley? E was booked like shit, and he beat Drew last year numerous times. RKBro triple threat at a guess, but it's a bit shit, isn't it? Maybe Rollins, but he's likely losing to Roman at the Chamber. Honestly should probably just be Bronn Breaker, he's not ready, but he isn't dead like every other act.

YOUR NEXT ROH CHAMP... greebull's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Men’s Royal Rumble 2022
    (Chronological Results)
    [* Surprise Entrant]

#1 AJ Styles
    #2 Shinsuke Nakamura
    #3 Austin Theory
    #4 Robert Roode
    x Roode (Eliminated by: AJ)
    #5 Ridge Holland *
    x Nakamura (AJ)
    #6 Montez Ford
    #7 Damian Priest
    #8 Sami Zayn
    #9 Johnny Knoxville
    x Knoxville (Zayn)
    x Zayn (AJ)
    #10 Angelo Dawkins

#11 Omos
    x Dawkins (Omos)
    x Montez (Omos)
    #12 Ricochet
    #13 Chad Gable
    x Damian (Omos)
    #14 Dominick Mysterio
    x Omos (AJ)
    #15 Happy Corbin
    x Ricochet (Corbin)
    #16 Dolph Ziggler
    x Dominick (Corbin)
    x Theory (AJ)
    #17 Sheamus
    x Ridge (AJ)
    #18 Rick Boogs
    x Gable (Boogs)
    #19 Madcap Moss
    x AJ (Moss)

#20 Riddle
    x Boogs (Corbin)
    #21 Drew McIntyre *
    x Moss (Drew)
    x Corbin (Drew)
    #22 Kevin Owens
    #23 Rey Mysterio
    #24 Kofi Kingston
    x Kofi (KO)
    #25 Otis
    #26 Big E
    #27 Bad Bunny *
    x Sheamus (Bunny)
    x Dolph (Bunny)
    #28 Shane McMahon *
    x Rey (Otis)
    x KO (Shane)
    #29 Randy Orton
    x Big E (RK-Bro)
    x Otis (RK-Bro)
    #30 Brock Lesnar *
    x Orton (Brock)
    x Bunny (Brock)

[FINAL FOUR]
    x Riddle (Brock)
    x Shane (Brock)
    x Drew (Brock)
    WINNER = Brock Lesnar

-
    MOST ELIMINATIONS: AJ Styles (6)

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    Heard Rousey and Lesnar won. Yawn.
    Those two really don’t need the rub that comes with winning the Rumble and the subsequent push it brings, just like they don’t need to be in the title picture at this stage in their careers. If Vince wanted to do Brock v Roman and Charlotte/Becky v Ronda at Mania, those matches are big enough that they don’t need the titles involved. If Brock takes the strap off Roman at Mania, I swear to God I’m done with this stupid company until Vince sells/croaks.

So the company wasted how many years of Lashley calling out Lesnar and this is what we get? A decidedly average TV match ultimately overshadowed by Roman interference and Paul turning on Brock? I feel Bobby/Brock could have had a twenty plus minute banger in the main event of a PPV, a classic “big meaty men slapping meat” match without the involvement of a title or Roman Reigns.

Why was it necessary to put the title on Brock for that one month? Could E have not held it for this time and dropped it himself to Lashley?

Mania season is supposed to get me feeling excited about the product when really I couldn’t feel more apathetic.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I won't be getting 'Mania with those 2 main events. No protagonists. What's the point if you don't want somebody to win? That's what wrestling is about isn't it? I know Brock's a face, and Ronda likely will be, but you don't want them winning. Mad that they have a guy like Big E, you give away his big win with no hype yet it not being a surprise either. How is that possible? Then you job him in a makeshift title match, put him back in a tag team and bin him from the Rumble with no fanfare. Massive, charismatic, likable, and he's done. Booking wrestling isn't that hard. You have Roman and the Uso's threaten Woods or Kofi with a Pillmanising so E gives up the case. They do it anyway. E is vengeful but Reigns won't give him a shot. Wins the Rumble, beats him at 'Mania. Piece of piss.
    Last edited by Fanny Batter; January 30th, 2022 at 4:26 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Batter View Post
    They've done it again. Managed to make the interim story far more engrossing than the potential 'Mania one. Reigns vs. Rollins became the match last night, with Reigns vs. Lesnar 18 falling way short of that. Cue the We Want Rollins chants to sabotage the segments and another shoehorned triple threat match.

Ronda's comeback was fine. She was only around a year, one title reign, didn't win the Rumble, doesn't have a pinfall/submission win over either champion, genuine storyline surprise after 3 years out. The Brock bit was not. The roster could not have looked further away from him as a star. Awful. Who are they dragging out to wrestle Lashley? E was booked like shit, and he beat Drew last year numerous times. RKBro triple threat at a guess, but it's a bit shit, isn't it? Maybe Rollins, but he's likely losing to Roman at the Chamber. Honestly should probably just be Bronn Breaker, he's not ready, but he isn't dead like every other act.
    I'm curious if Lashley will even be champion come Mania. Roman getting covid changed up some stuff for the short term. Keep in mind, we've seen plenty of people walk out of Rumble the World champion and not wind up on the Mania card. Although I have heard a rumor that Lashley v. Big E could happen=the first time 2 black male wrestlers "main evented" WrestleMania. Not a lot of steam in it but who even knows what the original plan was for the WWE title. I heard Rollins was going to win it at Day One because house shows had Rollins v. KO for the WWE title advertised.

Side note....For all the shit we give WWE they can pump out some good shit like Reigns/Rollins and Lesnar/Lashley on the fly. That was not intentional. Why they don't pivot more often when something isn't working as opposed to a covid test is beyond me.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah I won't be getting 'Mania with those 2 main events. No protagonists. What's the point if you don't want somebody to win? That's what wrestling is about isn't it? I know Brock's a face, and Ronda likely will be, but you don't want them winning. Mad that they have a guy like Big E, you give away his big win with no hype yet it not being a surprise either. How is that possible? Then you job him in a makeshift title match, put him back in a tag team and bin him from the Rumble with no fanfare. Massive, charismatic, likable, and he's done. Booking wrestling isn't that hard. You have Roman and the Uso's threaten Woods or Kofi with a Pillmanising so E gives up the case. They do it anyway. E is vengeful but Reigns won't give him a shot. Wins the Rumble, beats him at 'Mania. Piece of piss.
    So you won't be getting the main show of the industry based on this idea you can predict the next 2-3 months and it'll all suck? Weird.

Funny thing is, you don't strike me as the type to do something that so hopefully you'll change your mind come April.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    @Randolph you get the last laugh.
    We all lost sir. There are no winners when a Royal Rumble is not very good. I am sure it had its moments, but a Rumble with Lesnar winning at the 30 spot and everybody calling it an hour before it happens?

Well......

Last edited by Randolph; January 30th, 2022 at 5:12 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't find it enjoyable so yeah I won't. It's not that it sucks, it just exists. It's boring. And it's on late here and I'm old now!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I don't find it enjoyable so yeah I won't. It's not that it sucks, it just exists. It's boring. And it's on late here and I'm old now!

Perfect summation of WWE's current product.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    Those two really don’t need the rub that comes with winning the Rumble and the subsequent push it brings, just like they don’t need to be in the title picture at this stage in their careers. If Vince wanted to do Brock v Roman and Charlotte/Becky v Ronda at Mania, those matches are big enough that they don’t need the titles involved. If Brock takes the strap off Roman at Mania, I swear to God I’m done with this stupid company until Vince sells/croaks.

So the company wasted how many years of Lashley calling out Lesnar and this is what we get? A decidedly average TV match ultimately overshadowed by Roman interference and Paul turning on Brock? I feel Bobby/Brock could have had a twenty plus minute banger in the main event of a PPV, a classic “big meaty men slapping meat” match without the involvement of a title or Roman Reigns.

Why was it necessary to put the title on Brock for that one month? Could E have not held it for this time and dropped it himself to Lashley?

Mania season is supposed to get me feeling excited about the product when really I couldn’t feel more apathetic.
    The pivot from Roman v. Brock to Roman v. Seth and Brock v. Lashley is commendable. We weren't even going to get Lashley v. Lesnar EVER so I'm cool with what we got.

Jesus man did you honestly want to see Big E v. Lashley instead? They've wrestled 5-6 times and none of their matches were that good. That's a super odd take. I'm not disagreeing that it could've been something MORE, but it was never meant to be in the first place. The ending was super necessary. Lashley beating Lesnar clean would've been stupid.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I liked it.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WWXChairman View Post
    I liked it.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course Charlotte had to be the one to eliminate Rhea. It's becoming a meme at this point.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Of course Charlotte had to be the one to eliminate Rhea. It's becoming a meme at this point.
    Vega also beat Rhea in 60 seconds or less tbf. Anyways, they pushed Rhea into Charlotte too fast but they made her a joke making her submissive to Nikki in her turn when if booked properly, she’d be eating Nikki for Almost Breakfast.

Give us Sanity back, easiest thing lol

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post

It's not though

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It accomplished what every piece of media sets out to do: it entertained some and didn't entertain others.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    It's not though
    It was more a whimsical retrospective. They were the easiest group in the world to book but it was f’ed. However if Nikki were to revert more back to that nature then things could get interesting.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Two things I have noticed with the Rumble:

1. I think they are hamstrung by having the winner fact the champion at WrestleMania. I feels like WWE has it in their mind that they need this mega name to put in at WrestleMania and that perhaps if the Rumble was at a different time they could have it lead to a title match but not at Mania.

2. Two Rumbles in one night can be a lot. Perhaps running the Men's in Jan and Women's in February would be suitable.

Both of these things would change tradition and I like tradition. It just seems like they need some change.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I don't mind the WM main event prize but I'm wanting more winners that are shocking. There was a part of me that was wanting Riddle to win. My top 3 were AJ Styles, Seth Rollins, and Riddle. But even someone like Finn Balor or Kevin Owens winning would've been the right kind of shock like oh shit didn't expect them to go this far to re-establish KO.

Lesnar came out and I wasn't negative at all to the story being told it made sense and the guy is legit as fuck. People can use Lesnar's legitimacy and "superstar status" as a knock on the current roster but it's not their fault they're not a once in a lifetime entity.

Definitely thought it was strange that Finn Balor wasn't in the Rumble but feel like a dick for not even thinking about it until after the show.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was fine with Lesner winning. It made sense to set up the match at WrestleMania. Could they have gotten there another way. Sure but by taking a spot in the Rumble and winning Reigns can't get away from him. Reigns should have let him retain so he doesn't come after him. Plus Lesner is coming in and doing way more tv than he has in past runs. So that is a plus.

I was fine with Ronda winning. Yes I was a bit tired of her at the end of her first run but no one can deny her name value, her work ethic to keep improving in the ring and the fact she will be there each and every week.

I felt bad for Becky and Doudrop. Solid women's rumble match and then everyone went off to the bathroom and such while they were doing their match.

It was a lot of fun being there live. Favorite ppv and now gotten to go twice. It was a long night though.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by MTR View Post

I felt bad for Becky and Doudrop. Solid women's rumble match and then everyone went off to the bathroom and such while they were doing their match.

It was a lot of fun being there live. Favorite ppv and now gotten to go twice. It was a long night though.
    Yes, they were only going to the bathroom and weren't distracted by anything else during that match.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Went in with high hopes, really enjoyed the opener, the rest was meh.

The second Ronda's music hit, there was no doubt that she'd win and the same for Brock.

Wrestling is predictable, yes, but come on.

And Bad Bunny and Shane McMahon as the only surprises in the men's match. Sigh.

Women's rumble was better, but too many has been nostalgia shit. That was fine in 2018 etc. And Lita looked totally lost out there.

Not a lot of positivity from me, I'm afraid.

And Kofi's spot feels like that's his rumble gimmick done now.

I'll still watch Smackdown in the lead up to 'Mania.
    Last edited by Murphy; January 31st, 2022 at 11:58 AM.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    One of the better Royal Rumbles. Absolutely loved Lesnar winning. Don't care much about Rousey but at least Charlotte didn't win. Lesnar/Lashley was everything I hoped for, and then some.

Curious to see if Lesnar goes after Lashley or Reigns, or perhaps they will set up a triple threat match at Mania which would be all sorts of awesome.

So, who's spot did Lesnar take? They didn't advertise loser of the title match gets a Royal Rumble spot, so surely someone must have had drawn #30 on the day of the event.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    So, who's spot did Lesnar take? They didn't advertise loser of the title match gets a Royal Rumble spot, so surely someone must have had drawn #30 on the day of the event.
    I wondered this too, but doubt they'll bother to explain it, to be honest.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I wondered this too, but doubt they'll bother to explain it, to be honest.
    Graves tweeted that it was him but he could be him trolling people.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Yes, they were only going to the bathroom and weren't distracted by anything else during that match.
    Yeah I know the sign thing was going on but honestly I swear like half the crowd was making a bathroom and concession run. Lots of empty seats when that match started.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I'm telling you man. We were there and everyone was in line for bathroom and concessions. The sign had very little to do with it.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would love for it to have been Graves, in which case we can get Brock call Graves out to give him a "Thank-you for letting me have your spot", while Graves shits his pants.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I never mentioned a sign did I?

Though now that you mention it, it did seem like a lot of people were focused on that during their match, weird.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I never mentioned a sign did I?

Though now that you mention it, it did seem like a lot of people were focused on that during their match, weird.
    So what were you referring to if not the sign?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    So what were you referring to if not the sign?
    Ha ha, it was a joke Bert.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Opener was great but finish was meh. I loved the shield entrance from Seth.

Rumble matches were meh. So many botches in the women's match that it took it down a peg. The men's match had limited surprises and a crappy ending. Orton should've came out sooner to keep the crowd involved since it's his hometown. This reminded me of the 2013 rumble. Winner of obvious and nobody else really had a shot to win.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    Opener was great but finish was meh. I loved the shield entrance from Seth.

Rumble matches were meh. So many botches in the women's match that it took it down a peg. The men's match had limited surprises and a crappy ending. Orton should've came out sooner to keep the crowd involved since it's his hometown. This reminded me of the 2013 rumble. Winner of obvious and nobody else really had a shot to win.
    The opener was a banger but it did have a mediocre finish. I didn't really understand it unless they have bigger plans for Seth. If the rumors were true that Seth was supposed to be in the WWE title picture maybe we're going to get Lashley v. Seth so they had to make Seth look decent coming out of that Roman match.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Ha, I saw this too, and yeah, deffo trolling.

Would be nice if they did explain it, one way or another.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say it was for Finn and that's why we didn't see him in the Rumble.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Wonder if I was the only one expecting Dean Ambrose to come out and attack Roman Reigns when he had the submission on Seth and wasn't letting go.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The opener was a banger but it did have a mediocre finish. I didn't really understand it unless they have bigger plans for Seth. If the rumors were true that Seth was supposed to be in the WWE title picture maybe we're going to get Lashley v. Seth so they had to make Seth look decent coming out of that Roman match.
    I think it was to build for a rematch at the Saudi show where Roman finally beats Seth. But yeah Seth would be a good challenger for Lashley

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    Ha, I saw this too, and yeah, deffo trolling.

Would be nice if they did explain it, one way or another.
    Explain what? They didn't announce all 30 entrants.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was to build for a rematch at the Saudi show where Roman finally beats Seth. But yeah Seth would be a good challenger for Lashley
    Who as the face and who as the heel? Both can flip on a dime.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wonder if I was the only one expecting Dean Ambrose to come out and attack Roman Reigns when he had the submission on Seth and wasn't letting go.
    Naw man I was thinking Ambrose/Moxley was going to show up even if I knew there was a 99% chance of it not happening.

Who knows....Roman v. Seth was never in the cards to begin with so I wonder what they had originally planned for Saudi.

Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    The logic being what? That they had the #30 spot open until the last second?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Maybe he will be Brock's new uber cool mouthpiece

Their relationship could have twitter origins.

All we need is for Brock to enter 2022 and find out what twitter is. Graves can explain it to him...

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who as the face and who as the heel? Both can flip on a dime.
    I would think Seth should be the face because he'll get cheered over Lashley but Lashley was high fiving fans on his way out despite winning via interference.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

This would have been so much better.

Hopefully that means it's Riddle/Lashley at Mania. That would be a fun match.

Mentioned
    145 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Interesting. I love Riddle but didn't think they would let him win a Rumble. I would have enjoyed that. Orton winning would have blown the roof off the place.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting. I love Riddle but didn't think they would let him win a Rumble. I would have enjoyed that. Orton winning would have blown the roof off the place.
    If they let Del Rio and Sheamus win then any mid card act can win and challenge for the other title to be honest.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Per PWInsider:

We've heard from a number of sources in the company who were frustrated with the constant changes in the Rumble matches over the course of the last week and felt that was a direct cause for the quality (or lack of) for the Rumble matches themselves. As we reported earlier, one source noted the Men's Rumble alone changed "20 times" over the course of the days leading to the Rumble matches between spots that were devised, changed and discarded, changes in eliminations, order of entrances and even interactions between talents. We have since heard that was the experience for the Women's Rumble match as well. All of the changes led to a frustrating day for talents with a lot of moving parts that kept shifting, so for some, it just turned into a confusing hodgepodge of things they needed to remember or dispose of mentally. It all came down from Vince McMahon as he had his fingers deep in every aspect of the PPV.

The morale after the show was very down compared to most recent WWE PPVs because as one talent (who commented under condition of anonymity) stated, "We were all in a whirlwind. Just as you had your role and spots down, everything started over and over and now most of us were back to square one. It changed again and again and again. It wasn't an easy night even before we hit the ring."
    Low Morale After Rumble

Also, Triple H and Tyson Kidd were not at the Rumble which is probably why the matches felt lacking.

In the past, Levesque would be involved with in an advisory role of sorts, often making Rumble changes to accentuate certain talents and make sure there were little "moments" or highlights after the grand scheme for the Rumble had been locked in.
    Link

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If they let Del Rio and Sheamus win then any mid card act can win and challenge for the other title to be honest.
    What? LOL.

Sheamus was a multi time World champion when he won. By the time Del Rio won the 40 man he had captained a Survivor Series team and competed for the World title.

If we're being honest, Riddle has had a pretty solid push since debuting and him winning would've been a shock BUT you can tell they're grooming him for bigger things. You have been pretty terrible with comparisons. Trying to shoehorn Bray Wyatt, Mickie James, and Jeff Hardy together when talking about releases now this??

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    Per PWInsider:

Low Morale After Rumble

Also, Triple H and Tyson Kidd were not at the Rumble which is probably why the matches felt lacking.

Link
    Totally believable especially the part where you implied that a lack of Triple H and Tyson Kidd=why you felt the matches were lacking.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What? LOL.

Sheamus was a multi time World champion when he won. By the time Del Rio won the 40 man he had captained a Survivor Series team and competed for the World title.

If we're being honest, Riddle has had a pretty solid push since debuting and him winning would've been a shock BUT you can tell they're grooming him for bigger things. You have been pretty terrible with comparisons. Trying to shoehorn Bray Wyatt, Mickie James, and Jeff Hardy together when talking about releases now this??
    at the time did Del Rio vs Edge or Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan sound like wrestlemania world title match? is that that better sounding than Riddle vs Lashley? I don't think so. That's my point. I don't think Del Rio was anymore over than Riddle. In fact, I think Riddle is a hundred times more over than Del Rio ever was.

and no, those comparisons on the releases very much make sense. the WWE doesn't need a reason to release someone that is either a main eventer or someone that's over. they released Mickie James with a trash bag, they released Jeff without proof that he was on drugs only to try to hire him back and they released their top 3 merch seller. You were giving them the benefit of the doubt and I gave examples of why you should not.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    Vega also beat Rhea in 60 seconds or less tbf. Anyways, they pushed Rhea into Charlotte too fast but they made her a joke making her submissive to Nikki in her turn when if booked properly, she’d be eating Nikki for Almost Breakfast.

Feels like the writing is on the wall for Rhea. This is her spot now and I doubt it will change anytime soon.

I was fine when Nikki was teaming with Alexa. It kept Alexa's ring time limited to reduce injury and Nikki was always doing something because of their association.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quite possibly the worst Rumble I've ever watched. I don't watch WWE much these days, but I still tune in for the RR and Mania. Huge let down. I felt last years was considerably better.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good show overall. Would have liked to see some NXT surprises for the men's rumble, or even Cesaro or Balor included.
    Rollins going with the Shield entrance plus outfit was great. I didn't see that coming but him creating a new Shield trio to fuck with Roman would have been a good add-on to suggest Roman can easily be replaced.

Wonder how much longer before Bayley returns... was hoping for a surprise entrant for her into the Rumble. Oh well.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    Quite possibly the worst Rumble I've ever watched. I don't watch WWE much these days, but I still tune in for the RR and Mania. Huge let down. I felt last years was considerably better.
    Far from the worst I've watched. The mid 90s Rumbles were awful, filled with mostly tag teams that you knew had 0 chance of winning. Even the 98 one, which I watched over the weekend, it was like a bunch of jobbers and then Steve Austin and the Rock.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Far from the worst I've watched. The mid 90s Rumbles were awful, filled with mostly tag teams that you knew had 0 chance of winning. Even the 98 one, which I watched over the weekend, it was like a bunch of jobbers and then Steve Austin and the Rock.
    I agree with 98 RR having a ton of jobbers, but it at least had some memorable moments. Aside from surprise entrants, I can't recall anything exciting happening inside the ring this year. It felt rushed

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    at the time did Del Rio vs Edge or Sheamus vs Daniel Bryan sound like wrestlemania world title match? is that that better sounding than Riddle vs Lashley? I don't think so. That's my point. I don't think Del Rio was anymore over than Riddle. In fact, I think Riddle is a hundred times more over than Del Rio ever was.

and no, those comparisons on the releases very much make sense. the WWE doesn't need a reason to release someone that is either a main eventer or someone that's over. they released Mickie James with a trash bag, they released Jeff without proof that he was on drugs only to try to hire him back and they released their top 3 merch seller. You were giving them the benefit of the doubt and I gave examples of why you should not.
    You can think Riddle is more over than Del Rio all you want and you can downplay the marquee value of Sheamus. My point is that you are acting like they were just a couple random midcarders. You literally said that if they could win it, any midcarder could. Makes no sense. They were being featured and built up as main event level talent. I don't think anyone would say Madcap Moss winning=Sheamus or ADR winning.

FYI--WWE had a reason for releasing all those names you just don't care to listen.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JuveLeo View Post
    The only part I remember about last year is another part timer who I never liked winning and going on to Mania in a mutated match. Edge winning is literally the only thing I remember off the top of my head that happened but I've also don't have a lot of room to store those kind of memories in the brain these days.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I enjoy the surprise winner, but let's not pretend that 30-40 year olds back in the day were thinking to themselves:

Ooohh....This could be Dino Bravo's year. Of course, Demolition-Axe has a chance.

It's important to remember that back in the day when they read through all 30 participants, that all tag team participants were announced in the Tag Team Name-Individual Name format.

THE 30 MAN ROYAL RUMBLE!

WITH EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF-

YOU'LL SEE

THE MODEL RICK MARTEL!

THE ROCKERS-MARTY JANNETTY!

BAD NEWS BROWN!

THE KILLER BEES-BRIAN BLAIR

HERCULES HERNANDEZ!

The wwe hype videos today are great, but I do miss them reading out every participant on all the Superstars episodes leading up to the event.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the time, ADR winning the Rumble was pretty cool actually. It felt like he was destined to be a top guy (bummer he turned out to be a psycho), so yeah him winning felt like a top match. Sheamus though... yeah, Sheamus has always been dead weight for me and I've never been excited to see him. He's like Starbucks, he's everywhere and he bores me no matter what. He can be a multi world champion, but that doesn't mean he's going to pull a ginormous crowd.

That said, Riddle vs. Lashley does sounds more exciting now than ADR vs. Edge was back then. He's got main event written all over him, but with how WWE is these days... him being in the main event will still end disappointingly. Just by going on track records here.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I enjoy the surprise winner, but let's not pretend that 30-40 year olds back in the day were thinking to themselves:

Ooohh....This could be Dino Bravo's year. Of course, Demolition-Axe has a chance.

It's important to remember that back in the day when they read through all 30 participants, that all tag team participants were announced in the Tag Team Name-Individual Name format.

THE 30 MAN ROYAL RUMBLE!

WITH EVERY MAN FOR HIMSELF-

YOU'LL SEE

THE MODEL RICK MARTEL!

THE ROCKERS-MARTY JANNETTY!

BAD NEWS BROWN!

THE KILLER BEES-BRIAN BLAIR

HERCULES HERNANDEZ!

The wwe hype videos today are great, but I do miss them reading out every participant on all the Superstars episodes leading up to the event.
    1990 was great for me, cause you had Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Rude, Andre, Roberts, Perfect, Ax, Smash, Piper, DiBiase, Hart, Rhodes, Michaels and probably many many more I'm forgetting but what a Rumble line-up, even though you basically knew who was going to win.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    1990 is my favorite Rumble of time but everyone from 8 year old Nash Diesel to 38 year old Dad Diesel knew Hogan was winning that shit. Even as popular as Ultimate Warrior was, we knew 89 and 90 were for sure Hogan's years.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    1990 is my favorite Rumble of time but everyone from 8 year old Nash Diesel to 38 year old Dad Diesel knew Hogan was winning that shit. Even as popular as Ultimate Warrior was, we knew 89 and 90 were for sure Hogan's years.
    Well yes, but only because of the luck of the draw. He had some good numbers.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought Alexa Bliss was going to be a "surprise" entrant in this year's Rumble because they've teased her return a few times and she's apparently been cleared medically. Based on what they've shown us, though, I think they are still enamored with her doing Wyatt's Firefly Funhouse / Alexa's Playground Gimmick, and fans would have shit all over that in a Rumble. So I am kind of glad they held off on her return if that's the direction they will use for her return.

I had hoped for Bayley and Asuka to return for the Rumble as well, so I am guessing they were not medically cleared yet.

I am not surprised though, that Elias did not make a Rumble appearance.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I watched the whole event, and I rarely watch any WWE these days. Saturday was a blizzard so it kinda worked out perfectly that I was stuck inside doing nothing. Overall it was fun and I was glad I watched.

Timing-wise, it was a tightly run show. Started right at 8, ended by midnight, didn't feel like there was much filler. Between Raw being 3 hours and WM being 10 hours (or whatever it is), I am often put off by how much WWE programming drags on. But this was solid in that regard.

Obviously since I don't watch wrestling anymore I didn't know a lot of the RR participants, but this was even more apparent in the Men's rumble. Couldn't help but think of that Jeff Ross roast joke: this isn't a 'who's who', this is a 'who cares'.

Mentioned
    216 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    Lita sorta rocking a 2022 grandma thong in her outfit. She still makes it work though.
    I thought this was funny. She used to wear high-riding thongs, and this time she wore high riding granny panties.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    I thought Alexa Bliss was going to be a "surprise" entrant in this year's Rumble because they've teased her return a few times and she's apparently been cleared medically. Based on what they've shown us, though, I think they are still enamored with her doing Wyatt's Firefly Funhouse / Alexa's Playground Gimmick, and fans would have shit all over that in a Rumble. So I am kind of glad they held off on her return if that's the direction they will use for her return.

I had hoped for Bayley and Asuka to return for the Rumble as well, so I am guessing they were not medically cleared yet.

I am not surprised though, that Elias did not make a Rumble appearance.
    IDK, I think Alexa being one of the top merch sellers with that Firefly gimmick proved that they might not. That stuff is always going to be hit or miss, look at Undertaker and Kane. More often than not that shit they were doing was terrible, nobody over the age of 7 believed in it.

I'm with you, I thought maybe Bayley or Asuka, maybe.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was 15 when I realized the Undertaker was just a normal dude.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have mixed feelings about the idea of Riddle winning as per the alleged news. Riddle/Orton for the title at Mania is fresh and more interesting than Reigns/Lesnar yet again but I can't say I personally would be super invested in it just 'cuz those two are far from my favorite dudes.

I mentioned in my review that I was considering him appearing when Reigns was wailing on Seth post-match because he'd been name dropped a few times going into the match.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    AEW guys showing up would defeat the purpose of actually having competition. It's stupid.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://fb.watch/aUlMOI0y2c/

If you go back to 92 style all the issues fix themselves

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would think Seth should be the face because he'll get cheered over Lashley but Lashley was high fiving fans on his way out despite winning via interference.
    They may not be linked much after the Chamber but it seems like they're suggesting a face turn is coming for Rollins. Lashley seems to be floating in tweener land but likely shifting towards being a heel.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Aye, fair point.

I like to think Brock was smart and entered the rumble as an insurance policy like deal.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    https://fb.watch/aUlMOI0y2c/

If you go back to 92 style all the issues fix themselves
    Think they are trying to say that women are evil in that video. Why else do the heels have pink background and the faces have a blue background?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    AEW guys showing up would defeat the purpose of actually having competition. It's stupid.
    But Dean Ambrose isn't an AEW guy.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They kept mentioning "Mox" leading up to the Rumble.

I never heard anyone mention this Dean Ambrose fella.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    grenadines
    Quote Originally Posted by AEW Sucks View Post
    They kept mentioning "Mox" leading up to the Rumble.

I never heard anyone mention this Dean Ambrose fella.
    Maybe they mean Dean Douglas [/Donald]

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't wait for the rewatch.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    There's never been any competition other than Dynamite v. Developmental. Not that it really matters but Jericho already submitted by showing up WWE programming to do Austin's WWE show.

Honestly everyone outside of WWE wants to work together and WWE rarely does. I can't count on one hand how many promotions in the last 30 years they've worked with on some level. WWE don't see the wrestling world as competition and AEW would gladly send talent if WWE asked.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's easy to say they'd do it gladly when it hasn't happened and likely will never happen for the foreseeable future.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    WWE don't see the wrestling world as competition and AEW would gladly send talent if WWE asked.
    Your WWE fanboyism is really weird.

Jericho has a lot of pull, but he did a podcast, not a PPV match. AEW sending wrestlers over to job to WWE guys is not going to happen. Smaller promotions are always happy for the advertising, but AEW is not one of them.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    WWE is negotiating with AEW to get some guys for A&E Bios.