Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phoenix Cup Round 2 - Kris "Fa Sho" Destiny vs. Tyson Bell

ou[R] Fed presents...

**The Phoenix Cup Tournament**

SECOND ROUND: LADDER MATCH

KRIS "FA SHO" DESTINY versus TYSON BELL

aka @kdestiny vs. @Tyson

3 alternating promos from each competitor. Remember the criteria you will be judged on:
    -Selling characters/story
    -Selling the match
    -Entertainment Value
    -Grammar/Cohesion

First come, first serve to start the promos.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    The setting is the Rajah Family Ballroom, a cozy little venue where one would expect to watch standup acts and bands who prefer more intimate settings. Here in the province of Ontario, the residents are living through yet another lockdown, this one scheduled to last until the end of January. The staff have already got the ballroom set for the Phoenix Cup tournament; the wrestling ring is prepped; a ladder is standing tall in the middle. Tyson Bell is inspecting the finished product; he is one of the R-Fed stars scheduled to put his body on the line in the semi-finals. Sharply dressed in business casual attire, a massive high-end watch on his left wrist, his freshly shaved head sharply contrasting with the multiple week growth of facial hair. Tyson leans onto the top rope and collects his thoughts.

“My first time to Toronto; this cold weather is fucking brutal. Born and raised in California, currently living in Vegas, this concept of winter clothing holds very little appeal to me. When I got off the Dynasty private jet four days ago, I thought I was prepared but clearly wasn’t; one of the first things I did this week was go buy a heavy jacket. I’ve been to Vancouver a couple of times during the winter, the rain is annoying but at least you don’t freeze your ass off.

Hey Fa Sho, B-Rad thinks your stage name is stupid and uninspiring.

Kris Destiny, it appears you drew the short straw for the semi-finals: your experience would have made you the favorite against Jitterman, your size advantage would have served you well against Mr. H, against me you lay claim to neither. The Phoenix Cup, the Rajah Family Ballroom, Toronto Ontario Canada, a date yet to be finalized due to this stupid COVID pandemic. As one who’s done the right thing, Moderna Gang three time, I really hope that we can see an end to this bullshit sooner than later. Get your damn shots people, so we can get back to entertaining you.

Ladder matches are not fun, Kris; unsure if you’ve ever been in one, but they leave a mark on you. You see this ladder, right here? Imagine you and I perched precariously at the top, mere fingertips away from claiming our spot in the finals of the Phoenix Cup, when suddenly I throw your ass all the way down to the floor outside the ring. That shit is going to hurt and trust me, you will feel it for the foreseeable future. I’ve been in a couple, they’re not fun, but in our line of entertainment they are a necessary evil. I was talking to a friend of mine over the holidays, he runs his own construction firm, has worked on his share of ladders. He shook his head in utter disbelief when I said I’d be competing in one of these matches; quote “I try my damnedest to stay on ladders, but you enjoy launching yourself off them, you’re fucking nuts” unquote.

And it’s true; we are crazy, modern-day gladiators who get paid peanuts compared to other elite athletes. If the bulk of you are crazy, I must be fucking insane; north of 40 years old, more money in my bank accounts than I could possibly spend, yet still chasing the dragon that is performing in front of paying customers. Every wrestler talks about the high they get from the live audience when they step through those curtains and believe me, it’s real. The goosebumps when my theme music starts playing makes sitting in a boardroom talking Dynasty business seem inconsequential and irrelevant; “One Blood” hits and I’m all-in, ready and willing to withstand physical and psychological damage that others would consider highly irrational.

To think that back in the R-Fed heyday, we did this shit on the regular; now, it’s a once-in-a-blue-moon special occasion. Which brings me to this: I want to bring the industry back from the dead. I have the financial means and the business connections to start something; that eight guys were willing to sacrifice their bodies to compete in a high school gymnasium means that I’m not the only one still addicted to the game. Boys, I propose this: we put on a show for these final two rounds, make this Phoenix Cup the first step in the great R-Fed revival of 2022. Who’s with me?”

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

The Light Remains

We stand here upon the precipice of something special within the wrestling world.

We are at a time where sadness and sorrow rules the day. Things feel like they are in flux. Every time the news comes on you see stories of dread. All of the negativity in the world paints a dark picture of where we are headed. What do we do next?

I know exactly what we do.

We move into the light.

Snap

We see Kris "Fa Sho" Destiny sitting on the top of a ladder as we are on the same level. It seems we are set not long after the opening round of the tournament occurred.

Destiny sits with the utmost confidence in himself. He is in a grey suit with a nice light blue button up. A single spotlight lights him from behind and above the camera.

The light is what we must return to. We can't sit in the dark for much longer.

With that in mind, it isn't a shock that I am here in front of you now. I am getting ready for the next round of the tournament.

A Ladder Match.

The wrestling fan in me is very excited for this moment...

But... the entertainer in me... The magic that can be made in this environment... So many ways to show the talent that I have been given. It's time for me to show the World that I am still here and I am still the greatest to ever exist.

My... alter ego doesn't like when I brag, because... he is a man of action only. It's something that I have grown to appreciate of late. This is a time where you need to be willing to take risks in order to get yourself to the top of the Mountain.

My opponent seems intent on throwing me off of the ladder. Tyson seems to want to climb to the top and throw me down... down... down...

What Tyson doesn't know is all of the shit... ahem...

What Tyson doesn't know...

Destiny's mood shifts. He climbs down the ladder as more lights come on from either side. He pulls open his shirt and marches toward the camera. He has changed.

Tyson doesn't know that I have been thrown off of higher things than ladders in my life. This body...

He points at the scars on his lower abdomen and his left pec.

This body has seen much worse than a ladder match. This mind has been through more distress and pain that anything you can dream of causing in a ladder match.

You want to throw me... us off of a ladder?

What you haven't realized to this point is that we will get right the fuck back up and will come back with double the fire and double the violence... We are not afraid of falling off or being thrown off of a ladder for the simplest of reasons.

We are prepared to go through whatever we need to in order to win this cup.

So I could give a damn of what some pissant thinks of my name. I could give a shit about your friend who runs a construction firm. Have they been up against a human like myself while climbing up a ladder? Have they had to deal with the complete uncertainty that we bring?

Grow up man.

You can take your cute little adrenaline rush and I will raise you with the need to do this. I don't need to hear shit to feel like I have to do what I can to win. That has been my entire life. My entire being has been about making sure that I win at all costs no matter the situation. I don't need your goosebumps to bounce your head on the canvas like a basketball. I don't need a theme song to give me what I need to throw every mother fucking ladder in the building at you.

All I need is a reason. That reason is the Phoenix Cup. I need it. We need it. We crave it.

While I will do it by any means necessary... I know my friend is a fan of well... the fans...

I get it I guess.

I don't need anybody. I have never needed anybody.

The only person I need is myself... We need each other because we complete this situation. On my own I would tear the flesh off of your head and wear it for myself. I wouldn't be able to be contained. When I am given a goal, I eliminate all of those involved in order to reach it...

My friend... he keeps me on a bit of a leash I guess... but it's for the best. He thinks much bigger than I do... He is always looking at the bigger picture... We always gelled well that way...

He shakes hs his head as if he were getting the cobwebs off. He sees his shirt is unbuttoned and he shrugs. Then he moves to the ladder and tips if over. He takes a seat in front of it.

So the stage is set. The dawn of a new era of wrestling is coming, and yet someone can't seem to let go of the past... of the darkness.

We need to look forward and grasp onto every little bit of light that we can.

I am that light. I am that hope for a brighter tomorrow.

With that spotlight firmly on me as I reach the top of the wrestling World once again. Tyson, you should ask yourself...

Do you deserve to share it with me?

No matter my feelings on my other competitors I would never ever stoop down to their level. I would never ever talk about bringing anything back from the dead.

What I would do is set a trend. What I would do is become the new pinnacle of the sport. What I would do is BECOME the wrestling business.

The wrestling business will revolve around me once all is said and done. I am looking forward to once again creating magic in that ring and continuing to be that light to truly carry that torch into the next era of Wrestling as we know it.

Tyson, it's a shame that you are just going to end up being a stepping stone for me along this journey, but don't fret...

Don't think of it as a bad thing. Think of it as being a part of history! Think of it as the greatest thing you have ever done and will ever do, because after this... I promise you that it will all be downhill for you.

You've had your time and your fun in the ring... Play time is over, now it's time for the Chosen One... for the greatest to shine brightly.

It's Sho-time!

Fade to black.

Fin'

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    “Kris. I love the self-confidence, totally appreciate when a young buck has the cajones to want to change things and lead from the front; hell, I was that guy in my early days. Except the difference between you now and me back then is that I actually had IT.

RPW, the last great successful federation, never really popped off until I was featured prominently. I want to give you a quick history lesson, despite your seeming disgust for appreciating the past. I was the brash abrasive shit talker who thought that he was the future, the standard bearer of the industry going forward. I had absolutely no problem telling anybody who would listen, and many who didn’t want to, that the boys in the back needed to fall in line. It was the afternoon of a TV event; I had a couple of hours to kill and was relaxing in my dressing room when I heard a knock on the door. I wasn’t expecting any taped spots that night and people generally tended to avoid me because, well, I could be a bit of a shithead. On the other side of the door, much to my surprise, were two certified R-Fed legends in Kid_Roll and Tylor Trenton.

These guys were my co-workers, two dudes who I was previously telling to fall in line; we crossed paths merely because we were on the same payroll but had never actually sat down and cracked a beer together. They came into my locker room, told me that they had proposed to creative the idea of us joining forces; two R-Fed Hall-of-Famers wanted to work closely with me, because they had an inkling of the potential money that I brought to the table. For two years I rode with them, had the privilege of being able to pick their brains about the industry; with The Dynasty at the top of the ticket RPW enjoyed heights comparable to the R-Fed heyday. These industry legends sought me out, wanted me involved in their very elusive and reclusive circle; we have since become brothers, own businesses together, our families are inseparable. You talk about being the future of the industry, but how can you be that if you have no solid foundation on which to build your house?

Mufasa, prepare to meet Scar. You believe to have it all figured out: that you’re going to walk right through me, climb the ladder and claim entry in the Phoenix Cup finals. You are making a faulty assumption because I am not like previous opponents. Everybody knows my story, but here’s the Coles Notes because you seem to be looking past me: a white dude born and raised in Compton, so you know I can throw hands; not dead nor in jail, so I’m luckier than most. It’s one thing to talk shit through a camera, but when standing across the ring from me even the bravest lose a little bit of their color. Ask Mr. H, widely known as one of the more dangerous men in the industry, even he would admit that he must dig a little deeper when facing me. Him and I came in at the same time, have been in a couple feds together, have crossed paths on multiple occasions; you should try to pick through that man’s brain, there might still be something useful up there.

Which brings me to your preparation for this match. The tale of the tape is decidedly one-sided: seven feet tall, three hundred pounds, hands of stone and an above average knowledge of the submission game. How are you doing this, because there isn’t exactly an abundance of dudes that can be hired to replicate me in training. Whereas you on the other hand, it takes all of two minutes at the local Gold’s Gym to find your duplicate. In sports, it’s all about simulating game reps during practice as closely as possible so that when the lights come on, you’re ready to go. If I had to predict how you win, it’s because you use speed and luck to your advantage: somehow the ladder is already set-up, I’m temporarily discombobulated, and you have the one opportunity to beat me to the top. Like Eminem said: “Would you capture it, or just let it slip”?

Tyson Bell versus Kris Destiny, the Phoenix Cup, a ladder match, the Rajah Family Ballroom. Game on."

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

Slap

You think you are invincible or untouchable. You feel like you are on top of the World and then the World decides to slap you upside the head and turn your life upside down.

We hear a slap sound on top of a car crunching sound.

We fade into a scene that is during the day. It is the middle of Winter and it seems to be a quiet four way intersection.

We see the snow on the ground and a stoplight up above. There are only a few houses around as we seem to be in a small town. The stoplights are swaying back and forth in the wind and we see a few passers by in the background, but there isn't a reason to think this is some big town.

We see Destiny walk into frame as he has his back towards us and is looking toward the intersection. He's dressed a bit warm today as he is in black pants and a zip up grey hoodie.

This is where everything changed for me. Despite what any crazy person may say... it was here where I was in the accident that changed me. I was on top of the World and then I lost it all right then. I was on my way to a show and then BOOM...

Smack... I became a shell.

I fought and clawed my way out of that state. I went through rehab, I had surgeries, and I found a new path. My memories were gone until... well... they weren't as I mentioned before. Everything just hit me like that car did that night. Flooding back.

I was always meant to return to the wrestling world. This acting career I had was exactly what I needed to take the next step into immortality.

As grim and bloody as that night was... It might've been the best night of my career.

I am one step closer to showing a new audience what I have to offer, and then I have Tyson.

Oh Tyson... You don't see "it" in me which I can understand. You wouldn't know it if it jumped onto you off a ladder. I shouldn't be surprised that you can no longer see what real talent is. The business has passed you by.

While you were supposedly making your name in a dying place, I was making my name by making every single company I wrestled with must watch. I went around the planet making sure that I was put the company on the map and I was as well.

There's no reason for me to return to the business otherwise. If I didn't think I still had the ability to do what I do best, then why bother?

I proved it in that first round...

Destiny turns around and faces the camera.

I am a man of many talents, I am a man of multiple faces.

Tyson continues to spout his stories of nostalgia about the business, he continues to live on the past...

I realized something you said was actually correct.

You did have it.

Back in the day you ran this place... sure, it's nothing like what I have done, but you did it.

Notice how I said did... you did...

Did...

You see Tyson, your time has long long gone. You and I are certainly nothing alike. I have that star quality that you dream to have and I also have that edge that you lost many years ago.

I talk about the future of the industry because everything moves forward. If you spend too much time thinking about the past then you are doomed to relive it.

I don't believe in the past.

A mentor of mine once said...

"If you are not evolving, you are getting worse."

I believe this to my core. The World continues to evolve around us. While I choose to go with it, Tyson seems to want to stay right where he is.

That's fine. Let me slap you back into reality.

That's not going to cut it with me.

Your look and your supposed "submission knowledge" means nothing here... It means nothing when you have to climb up a ladder...

Though, I am flattered to hear you say that you see others in the gym aspiring to me like me. I am sure that is what you meant, because I am the pinnacle of humanity. You look at me, and you see someone who is oozing wrestler out of every part of myself.

I look at you and I see an old, fat, washed up man who is doing everything he can to hold onto that last bit of his career that he can.

Let me offer you a wake up call my friend...

It's over.

He unzips the hoodie and then tosses it at the camera as we transition to the same intersection now in the middle of the night.

We see Destiny sitting in the middle of the street laughing... there isn't another person around anywhere. The only light that is illuminating the area is the stoplight as well as a few street lamps near by.

Oh Tyson, you funny fucker!

I can't get over the fact that you seem to be underestimating us. We've got you right where we want you!

We've been here our entire lives. We were never given the same chances as everyone else. You say it yourself... You're fat and old and look different from us which somehow makes you better.

That is perfect.

You see, we have been doing this so much that it has really become second nature at this point. We bust through that glass ceiling and then every single person who doubted us is now on our side.

We don't need it, and we never have.

When we are given a shot at something, we don't miss.

We don't want to slap you across the fact with it, but it is so simple.

Every little snide comment you make about how we look and how we think just goes to show how I am living in your head rent free. We may be the smartest in ring performer that wrestling has ever had. You can talk about your former buddies all that you want and tell me how your 300 pound frame is going to give you the advantage, but here's our advantage.

The ability to succeed in every situation. The ability to do literally everything it takes to continue to show that we are the very best at what we do. My scars tell so many stories.

Flaming tables, thumbtacks, broken ladders, cages... I put my body through all of that hell and that suffering, but do you know what happens to my opponent that is guaranteed.

Broken Dreams.

We did it in the first round and we will do it again. This supposed fantasy that you will bring back the glory days is simply that, a fantasy.

If anyone is going to lead this resurrection of wrestling here, who better than a man who has done it his entire career. A man who has his love of wrestling resurrected and has been the corner stone of so many companies.

If you want this to succeed, then maybe you would be best off to not show up. Know your place. Know that you are in an unwinnable position.

Destiny stands up and then cracks his neck. He takes a few steps toward the camera and takes a deep breathe.

Tyson.

The time is upon us.

Allow me to give you a reality check and slap you with some truth.

Your talk of the past being this foundation is cute and all, but that means nothing to us. We came here to take over and we will regardless of what you did in the last decade. Do you know why?

Because we are better than you in every way.

So let me give you some advice old timer. If you insist on putting yourself through this battle... Eat your oatmeal, get plenty of sleep, do your stretches, and don't forget to breathe.

You are about to see something you have always dreamt about. You are going to see something even beyond those dreams. You wanted to reach he height of the wrestling world and I am going to give it to you. When you look at me as the bell sounds you will see someone who everyone strives to be, including you. In your wildest dreams you could only hope to accomplish what I have done, and you are jealous that I am still able to keep going at the highest level that anyone can.

The best part about all of this is that I will be making history. I will carry this cup with pride everywhere I go and you can go ahead and remember when true greatness occurred. You can spread the news of my triumph and live on that history while I give this cup the prestige that only I can give it.

Once I slap the taste out of your mouth, I hope you see all the wrong that you have done. Let's hope that this steers you on a path to retirement and then you can finally talk about history that is actually worth talking about.

It's Sho-time!

Destiny moves to behind the camera as it zooms into the stoplight, it's been red this whole time... it quickly switches to green and we fade to black.

​Fin'

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Tyson Bell is sitting on a couch, in a plush penthouse hotel room overlooking the beautiful Toronto skyline. Dressed in business casual, a glass of upscale whiskey on the table next to him, he looks relaxed and in great shape.

“Let me get this straight, Kris. If you were, quote, making your name by making every single company you wrestled with must-watch, unquote; why is it that nobody knows you nor those federations? I bet if I took your picture to the streets in New York or Los Angeles or any other city that matters, I’d get a shitload of blank stares and “I don’t know” in response. How can you be the future of the industry when the people who pump your tires live in their mom’s basement, spend their hours banging away furiously at their keyboards, think they have the answers to the problems that plague the industry. Fact is, you’re the little fish in the small pond. You built up a cult following in these shitty little federations, but when you finally get to the big stage you’re completely dumbfounded. You think you’re a straight killer, but really, you’re B-Rabbit with vomit on his sweater.

You talk down my attempted run in a dying place; that’s pure delusion bro, you need to pick up a book. For two whole years The Dynasty was Rajah Pro Wrestling, Rajah Pro Wrestling was the R-Fed industry. Tylor Trenton, Kid_Roll and I were everywhere: selling out live shows and PPV events, the ratings were through the roof; amazing merchandise sales; late night appearances on TV; public appearances packed hundreds deep. We were God-damn rockstars. Forget having your finger on the pulse of the industry, we were the goddamn pulse; what you aspire to be, I’ve been there and done that.

The fact is, if it weren’t for that piece-of-shit owner who took the money and ran because he feared the bubble potentially bursting, The Dynasty and RPW would still be running this industry. That jackass is on a beach somewhere warm, drinking something cold and colorful, pinching every penny that we earned for him because he was an R-Fed lifer who feared success. Like you he talked one hell of a game, hustled his ass off for years in the dogshit small companies, hitched his ride to an idea that three superstars created of their own creativity and hard work. The sad thing is that he constantly expected the other shoe to drop, the idea of doubling down or pushing his chips to the middle absolutely terrified him; he was accustomed, by virtue of his small fish in small pond status, the realization that all good things come to an end. Does that seem familiar to you, perhaps a little too accurate of a self-portrait?

Had that owner just shut up and continued to ride our coattails, that meagre sum of money he stole from us to finance his pitiful lifestyle in the tropics would be hundredfold; that little hut on the beach would be a mansion, that small little fishing boat would be a yacht with a pool and a helipad. Since he took the money and ran, we have increased our financial resources immensely because we have first-rate minds for the business world; our Dynasty brand has exploded because we are fucking brilliant. Kid_Roll and Tylor Trenton are two of the most innovative minds the wrestling industry has ever seen; they want back in the game, are as hungry as ever to bring this sport back to the height of its RPW success. They’re done as in-ring performers, they’ve admitted as such on multiple occasions, but the other intangibles that they bring are immensely more valuable.

You’re probably asking yourself, what does this extended history lesson possibly have to do with a ladder match at the semi-finals of the Phoenix Cup? Let me put it clearly so that you, like the myriad of degens with short attention spans who seem to be the decision makers now-a-days, can understand. I care a lot about this industry, more than I ever thought I would, as much as every single one of the boys who signed up for this small little tournament. We are on the verge of a legitimate industry rebirth, but that won’t happen with you as the Phoenix Cup champion. How are Ty, Kid and I supposed to start up a federation, go to executives with a career nobody who glossed himself “Fa Sho” to ask for their money amid a global pandemic? We’re immensely talented and charismatic salesmen, but even that is a road too far. That’s why I came out of retirement, competed in a run-down high school gym in front of a couple hundred people. If I win the Phoenix Cup, at least we have a decent starting point; I can be used as the centerpiece of this upstart company. It’s not personal, it’s just business.

Despite being north of 40, the time away has rejuvenated me, healed the physical issues that plagued me towards the tail end of my first R-Fed run. Mentally I’m all-in, my desire to compete has never been stronger. I look damn good and feel even better. The Phoenix Cup, the Rajah Family Ballroom, you find out what happens when the fence no longer keeps the big dog caged in.”

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa

One

One... Singular Sensation, every little step he takes...

You truly think that no one in New York, LA, or Chicago would know who I am. It truly goes to show how deep your head is up your ass at this point old man.

A spotlight comes up on the middle of a stage. We see Kris "Fa Sho" Destiny standing right in the middle of the stage in a shimmering gold tux with sequins as well as a matching top hat and shoes. He is making a pose with one hand on the hat and one hand on his hip at specific angles. He starts side stepping in a choreographed fashion towards the camera. We can also tell that he has tap shoes on. He is dressed as a member of A Chorus Line, a musical.

The fact that you haven't heard of me just shows how underground you have been all this time.

You think this Broadway thing is just a gimmick? No no, my friend... I have the resume' to prove it. I have toured the country with Broadway productions like A Chorus Line, My Fair Lady, The Music Man. I made my debut on Broadway in this very theatre... now named the Sondheim after the master himself in Company. History was made with that show.

It makes sense that someone as cultured and as old time as you are wouldn't really understand where I am coming from.

You live in your Rajah bubble that you fail to see what's going on around you.

NIWF, UHWF, XPW, UWE... Just a few names of places that I put on the map and brought to heights that they only could dream of reaching. While you were performing for audiences of hundreds I was entertaining thousands.

While you were wanting a Rajah revival, I was creating magic in the ring that you were dreaming about...

He changes his pose and does a shuffle ball change. He's got great composure as well as grace as he takes a few more steps to the edge of the stage.

Let me just go ahead and get psychological on this shit for a moment.

I think you can't stand the fact that a performer with a background of my own is about to become the face of the brand that you hold so near and dear to your heart. I think you can't stand the fact that a performer like me is about to become the Phoenix Cup winner and it is eating at you inside.

How are you supposed to start a company with me as the cornerstone?

It's pure and simple, you won't.

You couldn't stand having me as the face of that company, so you will do what you should've done before you entered this tournament and given up before you have started.

For some of humanity, dreams are meant to just be dreams. Your dreams of restarting the company with you at the forefront to a round of applause is just that... a dream.

Look at what's real, look at what's in front of you...

He quickly flips his top hat off. A cane comes from off stage. He catches it and puts it in his left hand and leans while the hat is in his other hand.

What is in front of you is a once in a lifetime talent that will win this Cup and give it the prestige that it truly deserves.

You can play the blame game all day and tell me whose fault it was that this place didn't succeed.

The main point is that it didn't succeed and you were part of it.

You do know the definition of insanity, correct? It's doing the same thing over and over expecting different results when it just doesn't happen.

It's not going to work. You can try and put yourself front and center in your own little underground place, but if you want it to be great then you will realize that you can't hold me out. After I win the Cup you will be forced to face that reality.

You can make yourself the cornerstone to the same results, or maybe the company should try to evolve just like I have said before. The company should see the talent that stands on this stage right now and realize... that's it... that's the man we have been looking for to take us to the next level.

The fact that you deny what I bring to the table is funny and actually pretty stupid for someone wanting to revive this place.

Evolution is necessary.

He slams the cane against the ground and then heads to the end of the stage and takes a seat with his feet hanging over the edge. The cane is now in his lap and the hat sits on the ground next to him.

You keep speaking about this past.

The game has changed since then. Things are different. You can't just expect what you did in the past to work every time. Maybe that is why I needed to be here, to show that there is another way... a better way.

I know that it hurts to be hearing these things, and I know that for you it is only business... so let me jus.....

Destiny's head jerks. He stands up with cane in hand. He kicks the hat off of the stage to behind where the camera is and he breaks the cane over his head. At that moment the stage becomes fully lit and he turns to the camera with a different demeanor and blood on his head.

Look at me, and you look at me nice and close Tyson. You see for me, business is personal. The fact that you think you can push your way to the top because of your name is a load of bull shit and you know it.

You speak about these supposed values that you have and how old school you are. It's all "so noble". Even I know that you can't just keep repeating things over and over because you become stagnant... That is what you've become Tyson. You've become this broken record player talking about reviving this place and bring the old times back. When in reality those times are long long gone. It died and you were a part of that death. I plan to mash that thought through your skull over... and over... and over again by means of the ladder against your fucking thick skull until I see what brain cells you may have left.

Ladders are nothing for us. It's another day in the office. You are mentally all in but maybe that is the exact reason you have already lost. You don't have the right mental capacity and aren't in the right mental state to be able to make that decision correctly.

That coming from a literal crazy person says a lot about you as a "business man" and a man in general. The glory days are over, I know that too. My times while great are just that... times... I change, and I adapt to the World as it changes and now we are here. I am in a place where I am about to bring prestige back to wrestling in a way this place hasn't seen before.

So this is what I want you to do, Tyson. You go through this match... and if you are somehow able to move around in the days and the weeks that follow I want you to go to these friends that you have and let them know that you have been wrong all along and that you need to step back and assess the final from afar. Make the right decision as a "business man" and a man. I promise you that you won't want to try to continue to hang with us. You can't, it's just that plain and simple. The wrestling World has passed you by and we have evolved with it. We are what wrestling has been trending to for the last few decades. The sooner you realize that, maybe the less this beat down will hurt. The sooner you realize that you have done the wrong thing the more you can prepare for the hell that is coming from us. The sooner you realize that you are done... Well... maybe you will stop before your body stops for you. If not, maybe I will have to force your body to stop before that deluded mind makes you feel that you still have "it".

We hear a clearing of the throat as we seem to have Destiny back to normal. He picks up his broken cane and he grabs a new hat and takes a similar pose to the beginning of this scene with broken cane and bloody forehead and all.

Here we are. We stand here at the base of the mountain. We have two who are preparing to climb, but only one is fully equipped. We are about to navigate through the jungle that is the wrestling world and this ladder match and only one of us is really ready to do so. We are about to embark on a journey that will push both of us physically, mentally, and emotionally... and only one of us is really ready for it.

Before we take this ride to hell that only I will return from I would like for Tyson to think about several things, but there is one big thing that I want to make sure goes through his tiny brain with every bit of this encounter. The opening bell, the falls off the ladder, the hits to the head, the blood, the sweat, the tears....

Was it all worth it... just to end up being inferior? In due time we will finally see what is true... and that is that Destiny was always meant to be...

It's Sho-time!

He starts taking a few steps forward as he did before. We slowly fade to black but now without hearing...

One smile and nobody else... will... do.... You know you'll never be lonely when you... know... who...
    One!

Fin'

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PROMOS FOR THIS MATCH ARE ARE NOW CLOSED.

Judges/Bookers @Mazer @TimeSplitter @Psycho666Soldier

Please read through the promos, judge them based on the established criteria, and determine who you think should win the match. PM @Caito with your judgement/winner and any ideas you have for how the match should play out based on the promos and story being presented.