User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Back To The Future Mafia

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Past Biff Tannen

Looks like that book wasn’t a load of crap after all. Now you’re ganged up with you, you, and your great-grandfather and ready to take what’s yours from those buttheads.

As a team, you have access to different abilities that one of you may use on any night. The only limit is no more than one of each ability on a given night. The abilities are:

Factional Kill - Choose a target to be eliminated from the game
    Roleblock - You may target a player and they will not be able to use any actions that night
    Silence - The targeted player will not be able to speak on the following night. They may vote in private, though
    Rolecop - Choose a target and learn the name of their role
    Rolestop - All actions directed towards your target will be cancelled out

You also are able to use a 1x Strongman kill in place of the normal kill from Night 2 onwards. This kill will not be able to be stopped by a roleblock or a protective action.

Win Condition: Become the majority players in the game
    Mafia Chat: https://discord.gg/SMpYEpgQ

Present Biff Tannen

You knew those two buttheads were up to something when they disappeared with Jennifer in that weird flying car. Little did you know it meant you’d be hanging out with yourself from the past and future. It’s kinda weird, but you’ll take any chance to do something that isn’t washing McFly’s car.

As a team, you have access to different abilities that one of you may use on any night. The only limit is no more than one of each ability on a given night. The abilities are:

Roleblock - You may target a player and they will not be able to use any actions that night
    Silence - The targeted player will not be able to speak on the following night. They may vote in private, though

You also are able to use a 1x Janitor kill in place of the normal kill from Night 2 onwards. This kill will not reveal the player’s role in public until you have been eliminated.

Future Biff Tannen

You had fully given up on having any of your own glory until you found that almanac and saw the DeLorean again. Now your big scheme has gotten even bigger since the past you shared that journal from your great-grandfather. With all you Biffs together, you’re going to take back control of your destiny and create the utopia you’ve always deserved.

You also are able to use a 1x Poison on top of the regular kill Night 2 onwards. This kill will not take place until the end of the following day phase.

Mod Notes: If Future Biff targets the DeLorean, townies abilities have a 50% chance failure that night.

Buford “Mad Dog” Tannen

You knew there was something strange about that blacksmith and his friend Clint Eastwood. But after you got out of jail and figured out the truth about the blacksmith and his time travel, you made sure that your blood would find a way to exact revenge on him. And that’s exactly what you plan to do now that your great-grandsons have shown up in some crazy flying machine to pick you up for mayhem.

You also are able to use a 1x Executioner ability from Day 3 onwards. When a player reaches half+1 of the required votes for a lynch, you may secure the lynch prematurely.

Mafia Mod Note: If only one mafia member remains, they will have the ability to act and kill simultaneously.

Marty McFly (ON Roleblocker)

After everything you've been through, you thought (and hoped) that you were done with time. But when Doc tells you the heavy news about the Biffs having control of the DeLorean, you have no choice but to get back into action.

Every odd night, you will be able to choose a target to roleblock. That player will not be able to carry out their action that night.

Win Condition: Eliminate all threats to Town
    Mod Notes: If Doc is killed at night, Marty will become more motivated and upgrade to a full-time cop.
    If Marty targets the DeLorean, there will be a 50% chance of failure for mafia actions, 25% failure for the factional kill.

Emmett "Doc" Brown (Inventor)

Great Scott! Despite your attempts to quell the turbulence as a result of your meddling with time travel, it seems more consequences keep arising. Mad Dog has managed to team up with all of the Biff Tannens and they’re running amok with a DeLorean. Thankfully, you have plenty of inventions to arm everyone up to stop them in their tracks.

Every night, you will choose a target and they will receive a 1x ability for them to use on the following cycle*. You choose the ability, but you only have one of each to give for the whole game.

The abilities are:

Poison Heal - Target a poisoned player to remove the poison
    Flavor Cop - Target a player and snatch an identifiable item from them
    Watcher - Learn who all targeted a chosen target
    Vigilante - Target a player for a kill
    Ascetic - Target a player and cancel out all actions done to them (works same night given)
    Neighborhood - Choose a player to enter a permanent private chat
    Doublevote - Vote counts as two (lasts entire day phase)
    Gladiator - The vote must take place between the given player and a target of their choosing
    Lie Detector - Choose any statement from the current day phase and determine if it’s true or false)

Mod Notes: If Clara dies, Doc will go on a binge and will not be able to use his ability the following night.
    If Doc targets the DeLorean, there will be a 50% chance of failure for mafia actions, 25% failure for the factional kill.

Jennifer Parker (ON Hider)

Yet again, you’re getting swept up into Marty and Doc’s shenanigans, but honestly you’re pretty excited to be involved. At least, you think that you are, but your body is not ready for the excitement of time travel and fate hanging in the balance.

Every odd night, you will choose a target to hide behind. All actions directed towards you will miss. However, all actions directed towards your target will affect you as well. If your target is capable of killing, you will die.

Mod Notes: Jennifer will remain hidden into the following day phase. That means if their target is affected by a day action or they are lynched, Jennifer will be affected/lynched as well. However, they may still receive inventions from Doc.
    If Marty is successfully lynched by Needles, Jennifer will become vanilla.

Einstein (EN Tracker)

You’re pretty sure that your master is crazy. You’re not even sure why he ever thought time travel would ever be a smart idea, but he feeds you great, so you’re pretty much willing to go along with anything.

Every even night, you may target a player and find out who they targeted that night.

George McFly (ON Bodyguard)

You don’t completely understand what’s going on with Biff, Marty, and that crazy old scientist he’s always hanging around with, but you know that Marty’s a good kidd, and Biff is…well, Biff. So you’ll do whatever it takes to keep Marty and his friends safe. You kind of feel like you owe it to him somehow.

Every odd night, you may choose a target to protect from death. However, you will die in their stead.

Lorraine Baines McFly (EN Jailkeeper)

You have this weird sense that you keep warping in and out of realities, back and forth through time. Your memory seems to play tricks on you, because sometimes you think you’ve seen Marty years before he was ever born. But no matter when and where you are, it seems like men are always getting hit by a car in front of your house. It must be a sign of something.

Every even night, you may choose a target. That player will be hit by a car and you will take them in for the night, keeping them safe from death but also preventing them from using any actions that night.

Clara Clayton (EN Follower)

Life has been incredibly exciting ever since you and Emmett became a serious item. And while the idea of his very fate hanging in the balance with all this Biff nonsense scares you, you’re always happy to stand behind your man and do your best to help.

Every even night, you may choose a target to follow and learn what type of action they used.

DeLorean (Jack-Of-All-Trades)

You have no consciousness of your own, but you’re one of the most vital pieces of the nasty time puzzle that needs to be solved. As such, a lot of different people are going to use you for different purposes, but you’ll at least have some control over that fate.

You have 4 limited-use abilities to use on any night. But beware - if the Biffs get inside you, there could be disastrous consequences.

2x Motivator: Choose a target to use their ability twice in one night
    1x Commuter: Your target will not be targetable, but they also will not be able to use their action
    1x Bus Driver: Choose two targets. All actions to Player A will happen to Player B and vice-versa
    1x Neighborhood: Choose two targets. They will enter a temporary private chat that lasts through the following cycle

Mod Notes: If the DeLorean targets Future Biff, town actions will have a 50% chance of failure.
    If the DeLorean targets Marty or Doc, mafia actions will have a 50% chance of failure, 25% chance failure for factional kills.

Douglas J. Needles (Lyncher)

Past, present, future - it doesn’t matter. You will always try to stick it to McFly. It’s something about his face. Or maybe you just like goading him into stupid shit. You don’t really know why, but you always get a kick out of watching him burn.

Win Condition: Successfully see Marty(King Diamond) lynched and be a part of the lynch

Stanford S. Strickland (Vigilante Survivor)

Slackers. Everywhere. Despite your efforts to shape up the youth, it seems you can’t stop society from crumbling around you. The best you can do is to continue to stand tall in these times and not let society get the best of you. But you might as well take out a slacker or two while you’re at it.

Your primary goal is survival, but on any night, you may choose a target to kill. You may only kill twice in the whole game.

Win Condition: Survive until endgame

Donde esta la biblioteca Pablo Diablo's Avatar
    Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Phew.

Sorry kdest. I literally flipped a coin between you and Caito for the block that night.

We could have gone perfect lynching.

Scum really were unlucky with Mazer in more ways than one.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I lean Caito but that's based on a read myself

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was an interesting game. I think having and EN Tracker and Follower on the same night was a bit much, and maybe should have given either limited uses. Ultimately, I tried to underpower town by splitting roles more and not having them just become full-time when roles got whittled down. Also, the obvious: no cop unless specific conditions happened. I tried to make up for that a bit with the Inventor, who had good abilities but they would be delayed and in the case of the poison heal, they would have needed to call it the exact night before for it to work. And honestly, I think this game could have been drastically different if the scum team didn't happen to be absent.

There was an interesting domino effect of actions that kind of led to the town win. First, kdestiny giving the neighborhood to Dreyski and scum choosing not to kill Dreyski. Dreyski picked Mazer and they basically masoned from the get-go, and they were the two most powerful roles. So they were already a strong vote block. Then, Morrison not being able to show back up and none of the scum team outside of Songbird really being able to post. If Morrison's present, the wagon probably doesn't build up as strong. If scum could post and get more votes out there, they bring up more options and maybe distract the fact. Scum being absent and Morrison happening to be lynched just kind of implicated CWE and Songbird. And of course, Mazer was motivated on the first night, so he was able to follow both of them and learn they used a killing action. With Dreyski being able to confirm that Songbird had targeted Randolph. That was pretty much what was needed for scum to fall apart.

Kudos to Caito, though, because choosing not to act almost saved him. Had you guys lynched Diamond, both he and Bluegunn would be out of the game(with Bluegunn winning), and there might have been enough doubt on Pablo for Caito to have a chance. But you guys ultimately chose right.

Thanks to @Songbird for subbing in. I hope people don't look at this as I wanted to sub in for scum. In general, I didn't want the balance I planned to be fucked by any missing members, so I really tried to fill those slots. I kind of figured Bluegunn would show up eventually, but knew PG would probably be after the first phase ended. I think Songbird actually did great in trying to rally the troops in scum chat and had some great first-time posts as scum here. I think with more of her team to back her up, she probably doesn't get caught outright(Mazer might catch her doing a "Manipulative" action rather than a killing action, which a couple of the town roles would have shown up as (Roleblock, for example). It's a shame, too, because there was some synergy with Morrison in scum chat over night, but it never materialized during the day phase.

Anyway, thanks for playing everyone. I hope you had fun and no one feels too cheated or anything.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I also am not sure the best way to use the neighbourhood.

Although it did help me clear Dreyski.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Phew.

Sorry kdest. I literally flipped a coin between you and Caito for the block that night.

We could have gone perfect lynching.

Scum really were unlucky with Mazer in more ways than one.
    Yeah, that shit did not help at all. Mazer getting poisoned that night would have at least robbed town of a leader and there may be more confusion.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dreyski being part of both of the neighborhoods amused me as well

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    See told you I was good.

You’ll see in the dead chat but I was janitor killed so that’s why my role wasn’t revealed. It was aimed at Mazer but I bodyguarded him…well tried to but it wasn’t needed in the end as Jarrod took him away so basically died for nothing lol.

Good town play especially from Mazer. Scum were a bit unlucky as well with circumstances going against him.

Good game good game!

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, yeah, I probably should have told you all Badger was George, ON Bodyguard

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PS Caito:

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also halfway through wish I had just made Doc and Clara lovers. One dies, so does the other.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great game Psych.

There were some fun mechanics, and there could have been a lot fun breaks. Great design.

Songbird, hope you return. Good fight, and I can see you're a strong player.

Usually, my day 2 domino reads don't work, so got pretty fortunate here. I did laugh when I got both follows on N2 and saved. I was feeling very Carmelo Hayes.

BTW fellas, that was some good blocking and delorian-ing.

Some bad luck for scum. But I did get to kill CWE. He knows I kill him early as a scum, so its important for there to be balance.....so I can kill him as town as well.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Psycho!

Songbird, I hope you stay for future games.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    my internet going down during the build-up on my train was shitty timing. did not expect the train to actually heat up like it did, either, so thought i could skirt by until i got a tech out to fix the issue. mazer having the dead eye on cwe, me AND songbird in one lump sum has cultivated my first mafia-based grudge, though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's sardonically amusing that the random die I rolled for my pick of kill target N1 was spot on. Oh well.

you either die a hero... Morrison's Avatar
    or live long enough to see yourself become a dumdum.
    Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i came back trying to be way too cute with shit. we should've killed night one, BUT MAN IF IT HAD WORKED OUT IN JUST THE SPECIFIC WAY I WAS HOPING.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Yeah, that shit did not help at all. Mazer getting poisoned that night would have at least robbed town of a leader and there may be more confusion.
    Yeah I pretty much went all in trying to protect Mazer. I had a good feeling on him from the start and had decided he was getting a bus drive that night because he'd be targeted. Unfortunately I chose wrong with Randolph receiving the poison. I figured use the commute on him as well so that will at least take him out of the equation and would give us another day of Mazer driving conversation.

Great game Psycho. Great win town.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    After reading scum chat I hope Songbird sticks around for more games.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison View Post
    my internet going down during the build-up on my train was shitty timing. did not expect the train to actually heat up like it did, either, so thought i could skirt by until i got a tech out to fix the issue. mazer having the dead eye on cwe, me AND songbird in one lump sum has cultivated my first mafia-based grudge, though.
    Man, and I just resolved my vendetta on you not that long ago too.

I guess fair is fair.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the poison went through, I would have spreadsheeted earlier.

I'm trying not to until I have to so I can work on my reads. Its helped.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, read the scum chat. Songbird, please keep playing here. This game was way different, but really liked the strategy and reads. As a scum at heart, I really liked reading that scum chat. So fucking close on so many things that there just wasn't luck on. Almost some real proper villainy.

And I enjoyed when I reached the "kill it with fire" phase.

I will say there was strong town night play. Solid reads. Nobody with protective or misdirection powers got cute about it. Just sound play. Well done team

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Jailkeeper is a tricky role.

I think using it as a RB role is best. The backfire of preventing your cop or another doctor from acting is always a fear.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Agreed. You were on point.

I should have had you figured sooner.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I was dying, and you all left me to die.

I WAS DYING, AND YOU ALL LAUGHED!

I will see you all in hell.

Thanks for the fun! Let's not wait too long before the next game damnit. Winter is boring.

Mentioned
    263 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Speaking of, Psycho how would the poison heal work? kdest gave it to someone the same night someone got poisoned and then could use it or kdest had to give it to the person who got poisoned.

Also I'm guessing a RB comes before a jailkeeper or was it a time of sending in thing? That night 2 I initially sent in a block on Caito, then switched to Songbird but ended up being RBd.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
    Speaking of, Psycho how would the poison heal work? kdest gave it to someone the same night someone got poisoned and then could use it or kdest had to give it to the person who got poisoned.
    I would give it to someone and then they would give it to him so there's no way he would've been saved unless I got it out the first two nights

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Like the call back to one of the great Zelda games.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I like to imagine Songbird had this grin when she decided to poison me.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah as you all know my thoughts there…. There was nothing we could do. Morrison going out early and without much resistance due to circumstances beyond our control mostly sucked….. but CWE getting read as scum nearly immediately by Mazer made this so much harder. Then Songbird was watched/tracked….. and we were dead in the water. Just an absolute gashing.

I’ve been quiet in games lately, partially by choice of play style (even though king Diamond now wonders that in literally every game why I’m quiet) and partially cuz of my work schedule and duties. Unfortunately, that makes it harder to come to peoples defense, which Morrison needed and I couldn’t give him. And there would’ve been nothing I can say for either CWE or Songbird…. And knowing that sucked

One last note, to whoever mentioned being amazed Mazer wasn’t killed early cuz he was town….. we fucking tried. Trust me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No. Because *it wasn't supposed to be you* XD

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Testing? How am I messing up the reply option?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    I like to imagine Songbird had this grin when she decided to poison me.

Oh, reply with quote. That is confusing.

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mazer was slated for the kill twice. Escaped both times.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    Mazer was slated for the kill twice. Escaped both times.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keep shooting Cyril

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Quote Originally Posted by Songbird View Post
    No. Because *it wasn't supposed to be you* XD
    So are you saying... That you... Missed?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    So are you saying... That you... Missed?

Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What in the world is this treasure?

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Caito View Post
    What in the world is this treasure?
    Game Grumps.

I love them.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought my cyril gif was solid, but kdestiny......that's just quality work.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Songbird was delt a bad hand with Peter not killing his night. Sorry diamond for pushing hard on you late game but it was the only good timing I had was those two nights. So close to a win.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    I thought my cyril gif was solid, but kdestiny......that's just quality work.
    I didn't bring it in, but thanks?

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even more quality for you.

Getting credit for Randolph's work.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegunn View Post
    Songbird was delt a bad hand with Peter not killing his night. Sorry diamond for pushing hard on you late game but it was the only good timing I had was those two nights. So close to a win.
    I really thought you were gonna pull it out at the end. I was excited.

One day I'll run a game where one of my non-survivor neutrals win.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They killed me so early, Psycho! I'm predominantly viewed as scummy so I thought I could take my time with my kills. Never again....

Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    Thanks for the game Psycho!

Always pleasant to win, especially after being marked for death on d1. When choosing my chatmate on d2, I wavered between Mazer and CWE as the two most cleared. Decided I'd get more interaction with Mazer.
    I was frustrated by the lack of info at times, but seeing the roles laid bare, seems like a level playing field. It was just bad luck on the Biffs' part to lose three so quickly.

And props to Songbird for stepping up and adapting to our idiosyncratic playstyle remarkably well (ironically putting more suspicion on herself)
    And Bluegunn for sitting quietly before very nearly pulling the lyncher role off towards endgame.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kangus View Post
    They killed me so early, Psycho! I'm predominantly viewed as scummy so I thought I could take my time with my kills. Never again....
    Blame Songbird for big-braining. It was honestly solid logic from her, too. It just didn't work that way.

Rush
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh I do blame Songbird. I do blame Songbird indeed HAHAHAAHAhahahhaaaaaa *ahem*. Carry on.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm very proud of myself during this game, Caito made me think I'd role blocked wrong which made me rethink things but finally stuck to my guns on that one.

Mentioned
    505 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice. Always stick to your guns with Caito in sight.

Cause he will outrun your bullet.