User Tag List

Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: Fiction Fight Semi Final - Hero! (Elsa) vs Mikey Jones (Desperate Dan) vs kdestiny

  1. #1
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    64,297
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1466356

    Fiction Fight Semi Final - Hero! (Elsa) vs Mikey Jones (Desperate Dan) vs kdestiny

    @Hero! vs @Mikey_Jones vs @kdestiny

    TALE OF THE TAPE

    Quote Originally Posted by Hero!
    ELSA



    Elsa powers:

    Blast ice from her hands
    water and ice manipulation
    can give life to a snowman
    can create permanent winter
    can somehow change her clothes with magic
    can create a permafrost around people
    is the fifth magical spirit, a bridge between the living and magical worlds.
    The other four spirits are a water horse, fire lizard, golems, and the wind. All of these work alongside her.
    can pull memories out of water
    can Freeze someone’s heart
    Beautiful singing voice
    former queen of Arendale, her sister is still queen. Could easily retrieve assistance from this army at any point.
    vs

    DESPERATE DAN

    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey_Jones View Post
    Delighted to announce that I'm picking:


    Powers/Abilities: Dan is extremely strong (he once won the World's Strongest Man Competition by lifting all his fellow competitors and the items they were lifting), and invulnerable - he doesn't flinch when buildings are dropped on him, shaves using a blow torch (because razors break when he tries to use them) and blows up mines by attaching magnets to himself so they float into him and detonate, leaving him unharmed. On at least one occasion he sucks in a load of gas and then lights it as he breathes out, allowing him to blow out a prolonged jet of flame for long enough to bake a house-sized loaf of bread. At least some of his strength is derived from the cow pies he eats.
    vs

    DWIGHT K SHRUTE III



    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny
    Dwight K Schrute III

    Powers: Master Salesman- has been able to outsell a machine

    Weapons Expert- Has a massive array of weaponry that he has successfully hidden and also used successfully including but not limited to: pepper spray, nunchucks, bow staff, crossbow, brass knuckles, and a Chinese sword.

    Environmental Adaptation- Has shown his skills of being a survivalist while preventing his boss from accidentally killing/poisoning himself.

    Karate Black Belt

    Master of Disguise- Has shown capabilities of being able to disguise himself around the Office.

    Cunning- Has shown the ability to push blame for certain things onto other people/animals

    Speed- faster than a Black Pepper Snake

    Strength- Has the strength of a grown man and a little baby

    Astounding Memory- Has memories of his own birth.

    BATTLEGROUND

    Your battleground for this will be.....



    The biggest military base in the world Fort Bragg. You have access to weapoms including guns, torpedoes, missiles, tanks etc and even the US Army soldiers on the base should you choose use them. Basically go fucking nuts!

    RULES

    - 3 posts each over 7 days which will be timestamped after this post.
    - 500 word count maximum per post. If the word count goes over then everything after the 400th word will be cut off.
    - Posts must be staggered so whoever goes first must wait til their opponent has responded before they can go again.
    - No editing. Once the post is in it is in.
    - No rebuttals to each other on the first set of posts. Once everyone has posted first time around then it is fair game to rebut. Don’t mention your opponent (s) in the first set of posts.
    - Post links, videos, images gifs etc to your heart's content! These will not count towards the word count.
    - Quoting your opponent does not count towards the word count however using words from an outside source/article/reference will count.
    - Adding anything extra that is outside the abilities of the"Tale of The Tape" is fine but you must provide a source of it.

    Using the DICE OF DEATH. I gave Hero! numbers 1-2, Mikey_Jones 3-4 and kdestiny 5-6. I rolled a 4 then a 1 so the order of entry is:

    1. Mikey_Jones
    2. Hero!
    3. kdestiny

    That's everything so....


  2. #2
    OK at Madden Mikey_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    12,525
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    175928
    uk
    After dispatching Black Dynamite and destroying half of the bloody Grand Canyon due to the sheer volume of his hungry stomach, it’s no surprise that the military would get involved. Inviting Desperate Dan to the military base is quite frankly a stroke of genius from the military. It makes perfect sense as well since our Dan is no slouch when it comes to fighting against military opposition though:



    Yep, you’ve read that right. Simply by using a chimney sweep, his sheer power managed to destroy an aeroplane (and a Nazi one at that!). He is a war hero and I’m glad that the military has recognised that, invited him into their military base and given Dan full access to everything. Not that he will need it, mind you! I’ve already mentioned in the previous debate just how powerful Desperate Dan is and the above comic highlights it perfectly. But just as a reminder:





    A further reminder of one of his abilities as well:

    “On at least one occasion he sucks in a load of gas and then lights it as he breathes out, allowing him to blow out a prolonged jet of flame for long enough to bake a house-sized loaf of bread”

    Which is roughly 30 minutes. So Desperate Dan can literally breathe fire continually for 30 minutes. As mentioned, we are on a military base and luckily enough they have large supplies of natural gas in storage so there is no doubt that Dan will be able to utilise his fire breathing ability in this environment. Dan wouldn’t even be affected by the heat since he can survive re-entry into the Earth’s atmosphere without injury or even minor charring. Certainly bodes well for Dan’s durability against any sort of military weapon if falling through the Earth’s atmosphere couldn’t do any harm! In the last debate, the only way that Dan seemed to suffer any damage was from his own immense strength and even that was short-lived. The man is a giant freak of nature!

    One more point for Dan’s advantages in this fight: his proficiency with weapons



    Look how fiercely and how capable Desperate Dan looks whilst wielding his six-shooter. In a military base with bigger and better weapons? He doesn’t exactly need them but there’s no doubt that Dan would thrive with a bigger gun in his hand. After all, if he can destroy an entire aeroplane with just a chimney brush, what could he do with a bigger gun?

    I’ll tell you what. He’ll win this fight.

  3. #3
    Let’s Go Brandon! Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    45,358
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    917854
    usa
    As Elsa enters the battlefield, she looks around and just laughs “oh yeah, this will do nicely”





    This former Queen turned malevolent ice spirit fears nothing. Hell, she just reduced a large tub of pink magical goop to nothing more than an afterthought.

    Elsa is so powerful with her command of ice and water, but it’s really her cunning intellect and her years or training in military strategy that make her the most dangerous person around.

    She's got ability to create and manipulate ice and even water, everything around her is a weapon.

    Oh and if anyone tries anything sneaky, She's always got her crew for backup:



    Elsa fears no man, for she is no man. She is a Queen, she is an spirit, and she is better than you.

    The worst part? She’ll take anyone one and then sing them a beautiful lullaby after.

    Oh no, now she has to fight twoooo opponents??

    Haha, who cares? Elsa is hardcore, she’ll take them both.

    These two guys better bring an army because they're facing the baddest bitch on any world.

    Let's GO.


  4. #4
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    20,080
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    583133
    usa



    Just like I expected, but now onto a new battle. The work never stops for Dwight Schrute.

    Fort Bragg eh? This is a place where Dwight should feel right at home. Weaponry that he will feel familiar with as well as surroundings that he is used to. This kind of environment is exactly what he has been looking for and is one that Dwight will thrive in.

    Let's not even start on the history that Dwight's family has in wars whether it be for their own farm or overseas. Dwight seems to have that same fight in his blood.



    You can't deny Dwight's abilities in this setting: to utilize these weapons, to understand the battlefield, and to blend in when necessary. Yes, all of this will work very nicely to continue Dwight's ascent to the top of this fighting contest.

    He will survive just as he always has and will end up getting the job done. In this case it is winning this war on the battlefield between himself and his two other foes.

    While Dwight may not have the arsenal that some in this tournament has, he has one thing that they don't and that is the tenacity and the heart to fight for what he wants and getting it the right way. He became Regional Manager, he got his black belt, and he will get his tournament victory at Fort Bragg and is happy to move onto the ultimate finale.

  5. #5
    OK at Madden Mikey_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    12,525
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    175928
    uk
    Dwight Schrute? At home in Fort Bragg? The man is an office worker in his 50s who occasionally has shown that he has access to small-time weapons. But this is a military base and Dwight Schrute is a nerdy office worker with nothing special. He’s never had any experience with weaponry of this sort. Ironically you mention his family history in wars - need I remind you about how Desperate Dan took down a Nazi warplane with nothing more than a chimney brush? Regardless of whether it’s in his blood, Schrute has highlighted time and time again how poorly he does in a setting he knows about:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xnk4seEHmgw

    Look how time and time again he is foiled and outsmarted by another regular office worker. What chance does a 50-year-old average office worker have against a goliath strong-man like Desperate Dan?



    As for Elsa, there is no denying how formidable her powers over ice and water are. However, there are a few important factors to note which are nicely highlighted in the following video



    - There is no evidence of her years of military training. Her first instinct is to run away into a dead end and the only way she manages to survive is due to her ice powers

    - Speaking of these ice powers, she’s highlighted just how little control she has over these. But, even when she does have control in the second part of the video, she doesn’t use her powers to aggressively murder people. In fact, I can’t find any instances of Elsa using her powers to hurt people.

    Elsa has great power, but she doesn’t have the instinct needed to really do damage. But let’s say she wasn’t trying to kill Dan but instead incapacitate him? As I mentioned in my first post, Desperate Dan can literally breathe fire given a supply of natural gas. Well it turns out he doesn’t even need natural gas:



    The last time I checked, fire melts ice and so Dan would be able to escape any sort of ice trap and pummel Elsa. Dan’s pure strength, which has been highlighted many times, means that he could easily break out of any ice traps which Elsa tries to set. At the end of the day, Elsa is a fragile thing - look below as she loses all coherence just because she’s suffering from a cold and nearly falls to her death:

    https://i.imgur.com/Np2fKIT.mp4

    Compared to Dan, who is an expert marksman with any weapon:




    Neither of Dan’s opponents poses a threat. They aren’t experienced on a military base, they don’t know how to use military weapons and they aren’t able to harm Desperate Dan.
    Last edited by Mikey_Jones; September 13th, 2021 at 6:48 AM. Reason: Editing link so it works

  6. #6
    Let’s Go Brandon! Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    45,358
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    917854
    usa
    Boys will be boys and boys will always think they've got the advantage on some poor, weak woman.

    Except this woman isn't poor, nor weak, and unlike Dwight Shrute, she's actually done things in life besides sell paper, knock up a coworker, and spend years politicking for a middle-management position.

    Dingy Dan and his little fire breath have 2 major weaknesses against Elsa: the first is that Dan needs a fuel supply. Once Dan exhausts all his gas, he's done. He can't generate his own flame, for all we know in the comic above, he's been drinking gasoline for a weak. Presenting an ability out of context doesn't suddenly make it stronger.

    But the second flaw in Dan's fire plan is that fire CAN melt ice...if it's unopposed. Elsa can extinguish flames, as we see here:


    Elsa has no problems putting out the flames. So Danger Dan can breathe all the fire he wants until he exhausts his little belly full of fuel and it will all be exhausted while Elsa continues to make more ice and a never-ending supply. Once Dan is out of fuel, he's a popsicle, don't even doubt it.

    As for Dan thinking that Elsa doesn't have the courage or the fortitude to take him out: this is a woman who sacrificed herself to the spirit realm in order to save her kingdom. Elsa has got more than enough courage to stand up to Dan and keep fighting him until he's been defeated. Someone clearly didn't watch the movie all the way through, probably too busy looking up the lyrics to the songs!

    As for the control over her powers....watch that fire lizard scene again. Go to the end, see how she can command the ice from being a raging blast on down to a few snowflakes for her new friend to eat. Unlike Dan, Elsa has real powers and full command over all of them.

    Onto the weapons, as both Dwight and Dan seem to think that their usage of weapons will help them here. Dwight has been shown several times to be completely incapable with any weapon. Here's Dwight losing the manager gig he wanted for so long because he can't even control a basic firearm in an office. Rule #1 of firearm training: FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!!

    https://youtu.be/fLkzx9VPZEc

    And wow, dan can throw things really hard and accurately. That should take out Dwight Shrute easily, but Elsa? Who can command a blizzard at will? Boy, I grew up in the northeast and have seen enough white-out blizzard to know that Danny boy can throw whatever weapon he wants in any direction he wants, but with a blizzard bearing down on him, he might as well just be tossing items into the void.

    You boys can try as you might, but you will all fall to the Queen.

  7. #7
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    20,080
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    583133
    usa
    I appreciate how dismissive you've both been about Dwight's chances, but he stands a real chance and here is why.

    We've seen plenty of photos of all of our contestants here.

    Imagine what Elsa looks like. Okay, you got it?

    Now imagine what Desperate Dan looks like... you follow me here?

    What is one thing that Fort Bragg may have more of than anything, maybe even including the weaponry?

    There are roughly 54,000 military personnel there.

    You remember what those two look like? Now let's remember that our own Dwight Schrute is a master of disguise and will have the capability to blend in. Do you really think that...

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Elsa.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	34

    and



    will have any chance of blending into this crowd?



    No, of course not.

    Would Elsa or Dan truly have it within them to go through every single soldier here or potentially kill them all just to win a battle?

    Elsa may be cold, but she still has a heart. Dan was a bit of an outlaw but seemed to have gotten soft as things went along.

    Go ahead and make your blizzard happen. Dwight is a survivalist who would surely have the means to withstand the cold along with the rest of Fort Bragg.

    One accidental discharge from trying to do a gun trick is a fun piece of evidence. Elsa was captured by a normal dude and his army. If she goes wild on these soldiers, she will have much more than what Hans had behind him to capture her.

    Dan doesn't even know his own strength at times.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Dan.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	35

    One accident like this and there will be an all out war at Fort Bragg. This will give enough cover for Dwight to sneak in and get the killing shot, or maybe to just fan the flames of this disaster that these two beings have created.

    Dwight may not have the power that each opponent has, but he's not that stupid. When it comes to fighting for what is right and protecting what needs to be protected Dwight never strays from that path.

    That is why Dwight Schrute will be the victor of this battle, because he is smart enough to know the battlefield.

  8. #8
    OK at Madden Mikey_Jones's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Essex, England
    Posts
    12,525
    Mentioned
    156 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    175928
    uk
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    Dingy Dan and his little fire breath have 2 major weaknesses against Elsa: the first is that Dan needs a fuel supply. Once Dan exhausts all his gas, he's done. He can't generate his own flame, for all we know in the comic above, he's been drinking gasoline for a weak. Presenting an ability out of context doesn't suddenly make it stronger.
    I see you missed the part of the picture/argument where he can breathe fire just from eating peppermints. Now granted, peppermints also run out and your point that ice could extinguish fire is a valid one. But the fire spirit shown in the video is a small lizard. Compare this to a man who can “blow out a prolonged jet of flame for long enough to bake a house-sized loaf of bread”? Different kettle of fish. Likewise, if Elsa tried to throw ice at Dan, he’ll just smash it? It’s only ice? This stupendously strong man will simply break the ice and power his way towards Elsa. He might even do it in style:



    But the fire was only half the argument. The other half was the lack of killer instinct, which is something you’ve completely failed to address and understandably so. Elsa is not a violent or aggressive person. As I highlighted, even when backed into a corner against soldiers she can’t actually bring herself to harm another human being. Her first instincts are to protect others and to run away, not to cause harm. She does not have it in her to kill either Desperate Dan or Dwight Schrute.

    Speaking of Dwight Schrute:

    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    You can't deny Dwight's abilities in this setting: to utilize these weapons
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Now let's remember that our own Dwight Schrute is a master of disguise and will have the capability to blend in
    Dwight’s entire starting strategy was to try and fight, a point you’ve already clearly ceded as he is outmatched. But trying to blend in? As you mentioned, this is a military base - Fort Bragg. Do you really think that this guy



    ...is going to blend in? He’s a skinny office nerd who would take milliseconds to get crushed by Desperate Dan, whether Dwight is in uniform or not. Speaking of blending in though, who looks more like a soldier? Dweeby Dwight or the goliath super-soldier Desperate Dan? But let’s give the benefit of the doubt and say that, somehow, Dwight manages to sneak around and help out:




    Dan can use his immense lung capacity to BLOW UP A TANK WITH HIS BREATH and even create his own hurricane. Even if he can’t get that close to the tank, he can blow the entire away with his breath or cause absolute devastation just with his stomach rumble (see Debate #1). 54,000 soldiers will be blown away without a single thought - as you mentioned, Dan doesn’t know his own strength so who knows how far they’ll fly away! I’ve previously highlighted Dan’s immense power and ability to withstand attacks and, even with Dwight somehow blending in, he doesn’t stand a chance when he comes face to face with Dan which he will inevitably do.

    Elsa is a fragile Queen, prone to moments of losing control (which you can’t dispute) and with no killer instinct. Dwight is an office nerd, out of his comfort zone and depth. Dan’s raw brutish power and toughness wins this easily

  9. #9
    Let’s Go Brandon! Hero!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Where you live
    Posts
    45,358
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    917854
    usa
    Oh Desperate Dan, once again proving you only know half the story and clearly only saw the first movie.

    Here's that coward Elsa protecting her entire kingdom from the natural spirits ready to kill them all:



    Elsa was ready to die to save her people and with not only her courage, but the mastery of her powers, as I highlighted before, she stopped as freaking natural disaster from killing her people. You think she'd not brave enough to stop one jughead? haha, foolish boy.

    Whether its gasoline or peppermints, you eventually run out of fuel for your fire. You think Elsa is worried that you can blow a hurricane or some strong when you have no fuel? Here's Elsas defeating the wind as it tries to kill her and her family:
    https://youtu.be/f8sTNWrbur0

    As for Dwight and Dan and the whole danger military on the base, what's the worry? Elsa can take out a group of people easily. Watch how quickly she drops 2 groups of people in a single second as she freezes the ground and causes them to trip:

    https://youtu.be/qEP8oGEBsG4

    Dwight, quite literally, would have no ground to stand on. Elsa could make this office manager fall flat on his face over and over again until he's so tired that he just gives up. You say Dwight is a survival expert, but where has this ever been shown? Here's Dwight showing that he doesn't even understand basic CPR:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmb1tqYqyII

    Dwight only ever even survived as long as he did in the office because he worked under some spectacularly stupid bosses.

    Danger Dan will come out swinging, but everything he does is so easily countered by Elsa. Dwight is an idiot who will quickly hurt himself when around a crowd of people or actual weapons.

    Both men will do what they do and underestimate this poor fragile girl here who has commanded a kingdom, defeated the elements, mastered her powers, conquered her fears, and sacrificed herself to appease and balance nature.

  10. #10
    Once upon a time... kdestiny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Way Down Hadestown
    Posts
    20,080
    Mentioned
    202 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    583133
    usa
    I am sensing jealousy here because I feel I have found a weakness for both of you.

    You think you will be able to go here and just shoot ice or fire without repercussions?

    I am certain that the military would not see you in a positive light. The problem you both run into is that you look like you are from another world coming into this place where you will obviously not fit in.

    I appreciate Mike posting a photo of Dwight because he is, in fact, someone who looks like they can blend into this environment. As far as that conceding defeat... to the contrary... Dwight realizes while he may not have actual super powers he knows that he looks like these soldiers and can use his proven abilities of blending into the environment to his advantage.

    Elsa is adorable and all, but the minute she starts using her ice power there will be hellfire from these soldiers here. You think they won't defend what is theirs? You causing this ice storm would certainly be considered an act of war the same as stealing the gas to make fire breathe or whatever Dan is thinking of doing.

    Both of you have powers, but do they have enough to withstand upwards of 50,000 soldiers with all of these weapons at their disposal?

    I do appreciate Hero showing that Dwight can't do CPR is a weird thing because he isn't battling to save lives, he is battling to win against Elsa and Dan. He showed solid knife skills there as well which I do appreciate.

    I have already shown that Dwight is very skilled and can maneuver weapons very well. He could throw on a uniform and blend right in with the soldiers. With Dan and Elsa being so similar in power, all he needs to do is bide his time and use a sneak attack. He has created disguises of him as his co-workers I am sure building a disguise to blend into Fort Bragg can't be that difficult.

    Dwight has and will always be a survivor. While Dan uses up all of the gas to try to set Elsa ablaze, Elsa shooting ice at Dan, and the military not being happy with either, all Dwight has to do is hit you with one dart shot to the right spot, one ninja star, one stab of a sword, or even one pepper spray to render you weakened enough to be taken out completely.

    Dwight survived because he never gave up, and no Dastardly Dan or Whiny Ice Queen will be able to stop this ninja warrior from reaching the finals.

  11. #11
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    64,297
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1466356
    ROUND OVER!
    @CWE @Caito @Psycho666Soldier send me your votes please!

  12. #12
    Videoland Champion Badger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Videoland
    Posts
    64,297
    Mentioned
    203 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rep Power
    1466356
    Well as Richard O’Brien would “Well I have some good news and some bad news.

    Good news:

    [QUOTE=Badger;8252021]JUDGES VOTES

    JUDGE PSYCHO666SOLDIER



    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier
    The most compelling thing to me about this debate is the way the triple threat completely changes the dynamic and strategy of each player, as well as the effectiveness. I believe 1-on-1, these three could all have very different results. But the circumstances definitely helped me come to who I believe the winner is.

    For Mikey, he did a wonderful job showing how impervious Desperate Dan is once again. He also showed that Dan would be able to take full advantage of the environment. I think the way he capitalized on the fire-breathing here was excellent usage of both the environment and his opponents. As far as counters go, I thought he did a good job showing that Elsa's ice would only be so effective against him as he'd be able to break through most of it. His first teardown of Dwight was crucial, and it damn near had me ready to completely write off kdestiny right then and there. I also think he had a good point in showing that Elsa doesn't quite have a killer instinct that can allow her to go all the way where it may be necessary. The use of Dan's incredible breath to show that hiding wouldn't be so easy for Dwight was great, too.

    For Hero!'s part, I felt he took strong advantage of Mikey's shortsightedness when it comes to knowledge of Frozen. Much of Mieky's arguments for why Elsa wouldn't stand up relies on Hero using a timestamped Elsa before the end of the first movie. This gave Hero! a lot of room to highlight some of the intricacies of Elsa's powers as well as the lengths she'll go to in order to achieve what she sees as right. While the first post was largely a review of Elsa's abilities and felt like it might have been a bit overconfident, he nailed it strong with his follow-ups. His counter of Mikey's argument about using peppermint as fuel for fire was pretty handily shut down as he showed that Elsa has incredible mastery of her powers throughout the second movie. Also, what a perfect way to call out Dwight's inferior weapon-handling skills.

    And lastly, kdestiny with Dwight Schrute. Reading through the first debate, I felt Dwight's biggest weakness was that all of his "powers" and expertise are mostly hearsay from Dwight's own mouth. He's ultimately a goob that, while maybe a bit more knowledgeable than others, isn't really great at actually pulling off the things he says he's good at. The biggest thing here was that both Mikey and Hero! handily called this out and seemingly put Dwight in his place. Like I said, early on, I was ready to write kdestiny off, as his opening post wasn't anything spectacular. But I'll be damned if he didn't end up taking solid advantage of the circumstances. I thought the strategy to use Dwight's "Master of Disguise" reputation to get an advantage in this fight was brilliant. Not only because it's a working strategy, but it's actually a really easy disguise to get away with. Calling out that Elsa was easily captured by a force of soldiers much smaller was smart(though, I think Hero!'s counter about handling a group of people was strong, too). In general, the idea of him taking advantage of the chaos from Dan's unaware strength and an ice god wreaking havoc was probably the one avenue that kdestiny could take.

    And that's where the triple threat dynamic comes in. Ultimately, both in argument and in debate focus, I feel Mikey/Dan and Hero!/Elsa were a distraction for each other. Their counters felt a bit like a matter of diminishing returns, where no one every had a clear argument for who would actually win. Neither would kill, I was never convinced Dan could be completely held by the ice in any way that would incapacitate him, and I was never that convinced that Dan would really get a chance to even land a hit on Elsa. He may be proficient with guns and projectiles, but Mikey never said he would actively use a gun on Elsa nor was I ever convinced he had intent to harm in a fatal way. And even if he did, Elsa's power over wind and ice seemed like it could stop a bullet if Dan ever got the chance to fire.

    Meanwhile, they ultimately overlooked Dwight, and while they had some good arguments against him, I felt kdestiny took full advantage of this dynamic and adapted to the debate as necessary. I think Mikey's argument that Dwight wouldn't blend in was a hard one to swallow, especially when you compare Dwight's appearance to some of those in the picture kdestiny provided, allowing destiny to strengthen that argument. While Hero! pointed out Dwight's incompetence, he never really convinced me that Elsa would actually do anything to defeat Dwight - only keep him distracted. And that can only work for so long when you're having awar of attrition with Desperate Dan. Meanwhile, between blending in, having the center of focus on Dan and Elsa, and the military likely getting involved to try and stop them, I felt kdestiny illustrated a clear route to victory by hiding in the chaos and landing a kill shot. Even if it takes the pepper spray, one weapon that kdestiny has shown Dwight is quite proficient in.

    Like I said, Dwight against the other two probably leads to a prompt defeat, and Dan and Elsa going 1-on-1 could have maybe had more focus to give a definitive victor. But I think in this dynamic and environment, kdestiny took the most advantage and outlined a clear argument for victory that both Mikey and Hero! were lacking.
    @kdestiny gets some ass healing tonight.

    Bad News (for two of you);



    JUDGE CWE



    Quote Originally Posted by CWE
    Wow.

    Round 1

    Dan comes out strong with a great point of weapons in a military base. Else starts it with ice breath, and Dwight is Dwight.

    All three come out swinging in their own ways but by a slim margin, Dan wins.

    Round 2

    Dan has fire breath and a seemingly flawless plan but Else with ice breath negates it while Dwight goes camo and let's the heavy weights Duke it out.

    Solid arguments all around but Else wins.

    Round 3

    Dan with another solid argument and Else stumbles to the finish line when compared to the others but Dwight crushed the final post.

    Great finale from all but Dwight wins.

    Since everyone won a round we need tiebreakers...

    Round 1 order

    Dan, Else, Dwight

    Round 2 order

    Else, Dan, Dwight

    Round 3 order

    Dwight, Dan ,Else.

    So by never finishing third in any round, Dan wins.

    Seriously great job from all. So good I had to wait to sober up and get Sober CWE's opinion to go with Drunk CWE.


    JUDGE CAITO



    Quote Originally Posted by Caito
    So, this one was a bit tricky for me. However, I believe that Mikey and Hero made this slightly easier in the several ways they showed Dwight’s shortcomings. Most damaging was Dwight misfiring a 6 shooter in the office. It was an uphill battle for KDestiny since, and unfortunately it wasn’t enough.

    Which brings the battle down to Elsa v Desperate Dan. They both did a fine job in not only explaining their tactics, but also in explaining why there others wouldn’t work. Once there though, it seemed to be kind of a loop. Mostly about Dan’s fire breath vs Elsa’s ice. While Dan is clearly the superior physical specimen, Hero’s explanation of Elsa willing to die for her kingdom also is a point in Hero’s favor.

    What I think tips it towards Mikey, is the fact that he did bring into his arguments the weapons on the base, and that Desperate Dans proficiency with them would allow. Add that to the equation, and I think that would be just enough.


    I give my point to Mikey in a close one.
    @Mikey_Jones just take this! Very well fought all of you though! @Hero!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •