User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Fiction Fight 2021 Sign-Ups and Discussion

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virms View Post
    I believe barney from how I met your mother is who everyone means. I was on my way to winning the whole thing when work had a meltdown and was was working from like 7 am to 12 am everyday for weeks straight. /badger
    I remember your Barney run which was actually really good which is also kinda why I get frustrated when you didn’t finish things/take time for debates or judging though I also realise people do have lives.

You could always bring him back for a rematch or bring in Lily or Marshall if you want to trump Cory and/or Topanga!

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I always get mad when I don't finish as well but like I said I was legit working 17 hours a day. I had no mental or physical energy to do anything. If I got extremely lucky I got to get 5 hours of sleep a day. Reminds me of the time I dropped out of miotchs mafia game because my step father died unexpectedly in the middle of it and he told me I was never allowed to play in one of his mafia games again. So my dad's death inconvenienced your mafia game.

Those were the first things I ever dropped out of and people acted like I fucked them over and I should have quit my job or ignored a loved one dying. It's also why I'm not participating in debates and stuff anymore as a judge or a participant because my work life is just to sporadic on what can happen hour and work day wise. The last wilfreds sealed the deal on that.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I always get mad when I don't finish as well but like I said I was legit working 17 hours a day. I had no mental or physical energy to do anything. If I got extremely lucky I got to get 5 hours of sleep a day. Reminds me of the time I dropped out of miotchs mafia game because my step father died unexpectedly in the middle of it and he told me I was never allowed to play in one of his mafia games again. So my dad's death inconvenienced your mafia game.

Those were the first things I ever dropped out of and people acted like I fucked them over and I should have quit my job or ignored a loved one dying. It's also why I'm not participating in debates and stuff anymore as a judge or a participant because my work life is just to sporadic on what can happen hour and work day wise. The last wilfreds sealed the deal on that.
    You can still vote as a reader if you want if not full time judge.

Oh and sorry about your stepfather, that was before my Mafia time so had no idea x

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really Mafia isn’t all that different to Wrestling/Fiction Fight debating. Both premises essentially are trying to convince other people that their side is the right one so hoping some of the other Mafia guys give this a go even if they’ve not done debating stuff before.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think I might change my guy. As much as I love Ness all this sitcom talk has me thinking I should have went with choice number two.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarrod1983 View Post
    I think I might change my guy. As much as I love Ness all this sitcom talk has me thinking I should have went with choice number two.

Aww I was hoping that would be Scratchy. He was durable taking punishment all that time and was finally getting Itchy until the Nerds ruined it lol.

I was like Bart and Lisa watching that episode for the first time!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But still I approve of the choice and hope Peggy makes an appearance either running in or Al just fucks her up in spite of her help anyway.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Scratchy would have been a good call back but think I'll try my luck with Al. I don't know. Like I said they're totally different options.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    But still I approve of the choice and hope Peggy makes an appearance either running in or Al just fucks her up in spite of her help anyway.
    Maybe. We'll see!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the end of the day, it’s how you use the character explaining their character and the environment plus logic. Hell I won a round with Alan Partridge being durable for having a dead cow dropped on him and piercing his foot through a spike and still surviving which is what happened in those episodes.

It’s skill and wits. That’s why strong debaters have done well with not necessarily the most powerful character. I will keep a closer eye on anything too overboard like mth bringing up HIM/animators which went unchecked before.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay tbh not sure if any more are gonna sign up as advertised this enough in here and want to get it rolling soon but here’s a couple of potential back-up plan if we stay at 11 guys and 3 judges

1. Split the first round into two. 10 guys fight, the other gets a bye as sorts to the second half of the first round (bear with me here). The five losers then compete again with the other person to get the other three spots then it’s quarters, semis, finals after that.

2. Out of the 11, one person by random draw gets a bye to the quarters. The other 10 fight. The judges then vote for 2 out of the other 5 losers who performed the best and they get the other two QF spots then we take it from there.

If no-one else signs up, then feedback on which of these scenarios you guys would prefer then we’ll get this rolling next week.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    You could feature 2 Triple Threat matches with 11 people. You do one in the quarters and semis then you'd have a one on one in the finals.

Might make for interesting match ups and team ups and back stabs.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could feature 2 Triple Threat matches with 11 people. You do one in the quarters and semis then you'd have a one on one in the finals.

That’s not bad either. If people are okay with triple threats, we could do that.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Similar to that rethinking….

We do 5 ties. 4 one on ones, the last one a triple threat. The semis, 1 one-on-one and the other a triple threat. The final then being one-on-one!

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Similar to that rethinking….

We do 5 ties. 4 one on ones, the last one a triple threat. The semis, 1 one-on-one and the other a triple threat. The final then being one-on-one!
    That's is exactly how I pictured it. That way it flows easily enough and no need for loser playoffs.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's is exactly how I pictured it. That way it flows easily enough and no need for loser playoffs.

If everyone’s good with that, I’ll close sign-ups and draw up ties later today starting Monday.

When the draw is up, at that point will ask everyone to confirm characters.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd be alright with triple threats if we have no other option

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To answer the questions I’ve had about using characters with different personas/powers, as long as it’s not all in the same post and you can strategically map your argument to say they can draw on their other personas/powers in a different post during the fight to counter then that should be okay. Just keep it realistic as to what they can do.

Example. Pick Mick Foley and his Mankind character to start off with. If you want to use Cactus Jack and his abilities in the next post to counter your opponent then you can do that.

Hopefully that makes sense.

EDIT - Post a bio of full powers when I ask to confirm characters so there’s no complaints of pulling shit out at the last minute.
    Last edited by Badger; August 13th, 2021 at 12:21 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    I know previously I wasn't allowed to use any other nph personas. Had to be strictly barney as I was going to use some Dr. Horrible flavor in one write up.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know previously I wasn't allowed to use any other nph personas. Had to be strictly barney as I was going to use some Dr. Horrible flavor in one write up.
    Trying something a bit different this year to mix it up a bit so people can get creative.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Trying something a bit different this year to mix it up a bit so people can get creative.
    So what about run ins? Scratchy running in for Itchy didn't go over the greatest before hand the one time I played but if it's logical could I have a person or group show up to help "Touchdown" Bundy?

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mth View Post
    Everyone seemingly saying HIM was questionable yet nobody questioned HIM at the time...and I didn't even win and lost to a regular-ass man with a shotgun.
    It's not that serious lol.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    To answer the questions I’ve had about using characters with different personas/powers, as long as it’s not all in the same post and you can strategically map your argument to say they can draw on their other personas/powers in a different post during the fight to counter then that should be okay. Just keep it realistic as to what they can do.

Example. Pick Mick Foley and his Mankind character to start off with. If you want to use Cactus Jack and his abilities in the next post to counter your opponent then you can do that.

Hopefully that makes sense.

EDIT - Post a bio of full powers when I ask to confirm characters so there’s no complaints of pulling shit out at the last minute.

lol, I used Tommy Oliver once and just kept switching between all his different ranger powers

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm leaning toward Kid Dynamite again, but I'm also considering Jerry Garcia in a pouch, David Dunn from Unbreakable, possibly Leeloo, idk that's the fun part of this shit you have many many options.

Is there a chance we could have a battle at the 1992 Reading Festival during Nirvana's set or maybe The Gathering of the Juggalos?

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    If I was playing I think this would be my pick

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's holding you back V? We need the bodies I mean participants.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Time. Work is being odd. We've went from 10 to 20 hours ot plus Saturdays to now no ot and no Saturdays due to supplier issues. This had happened before and that lasted a week before they found a new supplier and we went right back to ot.

Plus it's harvest season for pepper plants which means a lot of time picking and processing peppers plus I got a Mexican restaurant wanting me to design them 3 different wing sauces which is going to take up most of my weekends tweaking recipes. I already did 1, a Mango habanero bbq sauce and while they liked it they said it was way to hot. which is baffling considering they want a ghost pepper sauce and a reaper sauce so I'm basically going to have to really dumb the peppers down. I also have a few festivals to do where I run hot pepper eating contests. Plus I want to give you all a chance.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m gonna need this mango habanero bbq sauce, so that I may try them on wings.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm leaning toward Kid Dynamite again, but I'm also considering Jerry Garcia in a pouch, David Dunn from Unbreakable, possibly Leeloo, idk that's the fun part of this shit you have many many options.

Is there a chance we could have a battle at the 1992 Reading Festival during Nirvana's set or maybe The Gathering of the Juggalos?
    Jerry Garcia in a Pouch had me until you slipped Leeloo in there. I'd go with her for sure.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Time. Work is being odd. We've went from 10 to 20 hours ot plus Saturdays to now no ot and no Saturdays due to supplier issues. This had happened before and that lasted a week before they found a new supplier and we went right back to ot.

Plus it's harvest season for pepper plants which means a lot of time picking and processing peppers plus I got a Mexican restaurant wanting me to design them 3 different wing sauces which is going to take up most of my weekends tweaking recipes. I already did 1, a Mango habanero bbq sauce and while they liked it they said it was way to hot. which is baffling considering they want a ghost pepper sauce and a reaper sauce so I'm basically going to have to really dumb the peppers down. I also have a few festivals to do where I run hot pepper eating contests. Plus I want to give you all a chance.
    I could be easy on the time a bit to allow you to participate.

Get yourself out there dude. I’m very well aware of your previous Mafia complaints but won’t be any of that shit in this. I wasn’t even aware of what went on in the chats before until Mazer pointed it out. By and large though these things are modded well.

Don’t let those multiverse Badgers run free!

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hero! View Post
    lol, I used Tommy Oliver once and just kept switching between all his different ranger powers
    And you can do that here but mind you have 3 posts max lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And you can do that here but mind you have 3 posts max lol.

Just no switching powers in the same post which would be unfair plus cluttery and messy. That’s also why I will ask everyone get their personas/characters abilities up front before this kicks off.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of my closest friends just started a hot sauce business about a year+ ago and now he's introducing 2 different Ranch dips. It's fascinating.

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You never told me you had wing sauce recipes.

Start a thread immediately.

We really do need a recipe thread.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

Can do you one better with thanks to @The Beer Mobster

https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?t=154737

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I haven't had time to fully read the rules yet, which I will do this weekend, but what type of characters are we allowed to use? Normal people or people like Superman?

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Randolph View Post
    I haven't had time to fully read the rules yet, which I will do this weekend, but what type of characters are we allowed to use? Normal people or people like Superman?
    Either.

I'm tempted to actually switch to someone with actual powers now that we have so many regular people in it.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I was looking forward to your run as Dwight.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    torn worn this once with Phil Mitchell from the eastenders

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I shall confirm rules plus the draw tomorrow once I’ve recovered from drinking my own weight the last day or two.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post

I primarily make hit sauce but wing recipes are pretty easy. Take a hit sauce recipe you like and add a lot of vinegar and butter lol

The sauce recipes I make to the Mexican place will be sold to them upon acceptance. I'm not going crazy unique as it's a stepping stone

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will do first round draw later this afternoon when i finish work.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Where do we list powers? So you want us to email them or something?

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Where do we list powers? So you want us to email them or something?
    Just list them in here.

Draw coming up in a few mins or so. Gonna Cesaro RNG this lol.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of interesting rematches here from previous Fiction Fights and Wilfred's lol. First up:
    @mth vs @Nash Diesel 3 (Rematch from Wilfred's and previous Fiction Fight. Probably sick of each other now lol but that's the way the draw went)
    @Randolph vs @Hero!
    @Psycho666Soldier vs @Mikey Jones (Wilfred's Final Rematch!)
    @Donald vs @kdestiny

Finally in the triple threat. Jarrod's idea, be careful what you wish for because you just got it. @Mazer vs @Jarrod1983 vs @King Diamond.

As I just said to Hero!, please list your character and any personas/abilities you want to use in here. I know some have mentioned characters but please confirm one more time dudes.

What I was thinking for the singles ties is 3 posts each 400 word cap per post over the course of 5 days. No rebuttals to other people in your first posts.

Will kick this off on Monday.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also if anyone is not avilable on Monday and needs a later date, just give us a shout.

Also quoting your opponent (s) doesn't count towards the word count. Use links, videos, images gifs etc to your heart's content!

Also if you use words from an outside source/article, that will go towards the word count.

No editing either, once your post is in it's locked in (ironically having to edit this to mention that )
    Last edited by Badger; August 14th, 2021 at 11:48 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Elsa from Frozen & Frozen II

Elsa powers:

Blast ice from her hands
    water and ice manipulation
    can give life to a snowman
    can create permanent winter
    can somehow change her clothes with magic
    can create a permafrost around people
    is the fifth magical spirit, a bridge between the living and magical worlds.
    The other four spirits are a water horse, fire lizard, golems, and the wind. All of these work alongside her.
    can pull memories out of water
    can Freeze someone’s heart
    Beautiful singing voice
    former queen of Arendale, her sister is still queen. Could easily retrieve assistance from this army at any point.
    Last edited by Hero!; August 14th, 2021 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I might have to finally watch Frozen II. Some of that sounds familiar but not all of it.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    It’s better than the first film. The songs are better too.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Has Randolph announced his pick yet or is he about to pick someone to completely counter my choice? Hahaha

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will post powers and such tomorrow, but just so people know I've made my official choice, my pick is:

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Has Randolph announced his pick yet or is he about to pick someone to completely counter my choice? Hahaha
    Not yet but not finalising anything until everyone has confirmed their characters after the draw. Got yours and Psycho’s.

Draw and picks also updated on first page.

Intercontinental Champion Jitters's Avatar
    Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be able to post anything until Tuesday if that's ok?

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just so you know, you have kdestiny facing Diamond instead of Donald in the first post @Badger

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho666Soldier View Post
    Just so you know, you have kdestiny facing Diamond instead of Donald in the first post @Badger
    Damn autocorrect. Fixed it now.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by King Diamond View Post
    I won't be able to post anything until Tuesday if that's ok?
    Yeah that’s fine. I’ll start your tie on Tuesday. @Mazer @Jarrod1983 (making you guys aware).
    Last edited by Badger; August 14th, 2021 at 3:09 PM.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What I was thinking for the singles ties is 3 posts each 400 word cap per post over the course of 5 days. No rebuttals to other people in your first posts.

Will kick this off on Monday.
    Does this mean you had a different idea for the Triple Threat like extra words or something? Just curious. I'm good with whatever but you said for singles ties so wasn't sure.

I'm working on my bio now but might not be up until tomorrow.

Also I'm good with Tuesday or any day. I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ha, *sheepish grin* just saw Tuesday is the 17th and that happens to be my wife's birthday.

No excuses though, I'll be ready.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this mean you had a different idea for the Triple Threat like extra words or something? Just curious. I'm good with whatever but you said for singles ties so wasn't sure.

I'm working on my bio now but might not be up until tomorrow.

Also I'm good with Tuesday or any day. I came here to chew bubblegum and kick ass, and I'm all outta bubblegum.
    I was in two minds when I said that as to whether to just give you guys 2 posts each (just because you’ll have more to work through and others to read) but stuck with the 3 like everyone else.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Ok, so same rules? I'm good with that. 1 rebuttal against 2 people would be tough for all of us if you went with 2 posts each.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah same rules.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    149 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ukraine
    I was hoping not to go anime, because I am not the biggest fan, but I think I got a guy who can go far:

His abilities in a nutshell:

Let me know if this sounds okay. I don't think anybody has used this guy before and he might be fun to use.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was hoping not to go anime, because I am not the biggest fan, but I think I got a guy who can go far:

His abilities in a nutshell:

Let me know if this sounds okay. I don't think anybody has used this guy before and he might be fun to use.
    Nicely laid out bio.

Updated your pick on first page.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding, even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil."

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I met him fifteen years ago. I was told there was nothing left. No reason, no conscience, no understanding, even the most rudimentary sense of life or death, good or evil, right or wrong. I met this six-year-old child, with this blank, pale, emotionless face and the blackest eyes... the devil's eyes. I spent eight years trying to reach him, and then another seven trying to keep him locked up because I realized that what was living behind that boy's eyes was purely and simply...evil."

So Dr Loomis from Halloween’s your final choice?

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No...sorry I wasn't clear

Michael Myers.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No...sorry I wasn't clear

Michael Myers.

Will update it. Remember and post his abilities (although we do know lol).

I’m going to be using these bios for the intros too.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Myers is a good one. He had crossed my mind.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strengths and Abilities

superhuman strength, stealth, endurance, and durability of an unknown limit. He has been known to be able to crush a human skull with his thumb easily, lift and hold aloft an adult human male with one arm effortlessly, and impale an adult human male through a solid wooden door with a blunt object.

He has shown to be adept at sneaking up on his unsuspecting victims from hiding spaces and in open spaces without making any noise or attracting attention. He can withstand critical injuries that would normally result in death, such as being shot multiple times in vital organs(brain and heart included), deep stab wounds and/or impalement, high voltage electrocution, or severe third degree burns over most of his body mass. He may have a healing factor that would enable him to regenerate tissue and even whole organs, such as his skin and eyes.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually this leads me to a question because I've never watched Halloween III, what happened there? It had nothing to do with Michael Myers did it?

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Oooo thanks Randolph. I’m a huge DBZ fan, so I’m very familiar with Buu

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I think there's a Easter Egg commercial advertising Halloween on TV but that's the only reference in the movie. I saw it once when I was a kid but that is all I remember.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm excited at a chance to redeem the Wilfred's Final.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually this leads me to a question because I've never watched Halloween III, what happened there? It had nothing to do with Michael Myers did it?

It did not. They tried going in a different direction, people were not happy, so Mike Myers back in the 4th.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Strengths and Abilities

superhuman strength, stealth, endurance, and durability of an unknown limit. He has been known to be able to crush a human skull with his thumb easily, lift and hold aloft an adult human male with one arm effortlessly, and impale an adult human male through a solid wooden door with a blunt object.

He has shown to be adept at sneaking up on his unsuspecting victims from hiding spaces and in open spaces without making any noise or attracting attention. He can withstand critical injuries that would normally result in death, such as being shot multiple times in vital organs(brain and heart included), deep stab wounds and/or impalement, high voltage electrocution, or severe third degree burns over most of his body mass. He may have a healing factor that would enable him to regenerate tissue and even whole organs, such as his skin and eyes.

So to be clear this is the old Myers from the original timeline?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh shit, first round against ND!

I also will not be able to get anything posted until Tuesday.

And as for my pick:

BUGS BUNNY

Powers/Abilities:
    -high intelligence & craftiness
    -master of disguise
    -master manipulator
    -burrowing
    -jumping
    -skilled in hand-to-hand & armed combat
    -extreme durability & resilience
    -hammerspace
    -fourth wall breaking & reality warping (but if you think those are against the rules, I can nix 'em)
    Last edited by mth; August 16th, 2021 at 11:16 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nah you’re good with those abilities.

I’ll also put this one in for Tuesday.

@Nash Diesel just tagging you again to make you aware.
    Last edited by mth; August 14th, 2021 at 7:02 PM.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa

Al "Hercules" "Daddy" "Touchdown" Bundy

Powers/Abilities

-Once scored 4 touchdowns in one game, winning the city championship for Polk High School Panthers versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game winning touchdown in the final seconds against his arch rival Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.
    -Extensive Shoe Knowledge.
    -Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat.
    -Knowledge of Women.
    -Sports Trivia Mastery.
    -Insults that will demoralize and discourage even the most strong willed individual.
    -Exceptionally Strong.
    -Master of Disguise. Once toured with Aging Rock Stars as 'Axel Bundy'.
    -Devastating picture of overweight Mother-in-law in a bikini. This picture can distract even the most determined individual.
    -Grew up on the mean streets of Chicago.
    -Al is a extremely determined, street smart, crafty and cunning individual that always has a plan of action and never gives up.
    -Athletics- Wife Peg described Al using his athletic ability to escape from his wedding to her, saying that after he was boxed in, he "threw a fake, broke four tackles, straight armed a guy right in the teeth and ran for daylight". Al is a Multiple time MVP for the New Market Mallers (Also won them their first championship against Irv's Smelters), a world class bowler, holds a victory in jousting over England's Igor (A champion jouster), won a senior decathlon in his 40s and once scored 4 touchdowns in one game, winning the city championship for Polk High School Panthers against Andrew Johnson High School, including the game winning touchdown in the final seconds against his arch rival Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.
    -Superhuman body and mind durability. Al has survived incredible injuries ranging from falling off his roof while installing a satellite dish, getting shocked by that same dish (plus multiple other things including but not limited to Christmas lights and a electric chair on the "How Do I Love Thee" game show), a adult circumcision, being pulverized by a massive woman wrestler (Big Bad Mama from Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) in Las Vegas, jumping from an airplane without a parachute, surviving multiple explosions from accidentally detonating dynamite in his own yard trying to kill a rabbit who has been eating his vegetable garden to sitting in a car during the filming of a music video for the Gutter Cats and being married to Peg Bundy for decades.
    -His foot odor is so foul as to be overpowering. The stench is superhuman and can hault anything in its tracks to turn tail in retreat.
    -Ignores the law. Al cares not for man made laws and breaks them on a daily basis.
    -Al is a owner and/or user of many weapons including the Shopping Cart of Death, sledge hammer, night stick, baseball bat, poison gas, women's pumps, explosives, a 1970s Dodge, empty beer bottles and his Dad's Hammer.
    -Al has survived run-ins with the Devil and Death, saved a English town, Lower Uncton, from a century old curse, founder of the church of NO MA'AM (leader of the local Chicago chapter with followers world wide), saved the world from a alien invasion and fights to keep America clean by wading in mall fountains and picking up the loose change polluting the water.
    -Once scored 4 touchdowns in one game, winning the city championship for Polk High School Panthers versus Andrew Johnson High School, including the game winning touchdown in the final seconds against his arch rival Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.
    Last edited by Jarrod1983; August 14th, 2021 at 10:27 PM.

Mentioned
    302 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Early betting favorite right there.

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So to be clear this is the old Myers from the original timeline?
    Yeah, didn't enjoy Rob Zombie version.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Al "Hercules" "Daddy" "Touchdown" Bundy

Powers/Abilities

-Extensive Shoe Knowledge.
    -Expert in Hand-to-Hand Combat.
    -Knowledge of Women.
    -Sports Trivia Mastery.
    -Insults that will demoralize and discourage even the most strong willed individual.
    -Exceptionally Strong.
    -Master of Disguise. Once toured with Aging Rock Stars as 'Axel Bundy'.
    -Devastating picture of overweight Mother-in-law in a bikini. This picture can distract even the most determined individual.
    -Grew up on the mean streets of Chicago.
    -Al is a extremely determined, street smart, crafty and cunning individual that always has a plan of action and never gives up.
    -Athletics- Wife Peg described Al using his athletic ability to escape from his wedding to her, saying that after he was boxed in, he "threw a fake, broke four tackles, straight armed a guy right in the teeth and ran for daylight". Al is a Multiple time MVP for the New Market Mallers (Also won them their first championship against Irv's Smelters), a world class bowler, holds a victory in jousting over England's Igor (A champion jouster), won a senior decathlon in his 40s and once scored 4 touchdowns in one game, winning the city championship for Polk High School Panthers against Andrew Johnson High School, including the game winning touchdown in the final seconds against his arch rival Bubba "Spare Tire" Dixon.
    -Superhuman body and mind durability. Al has survived incredible injuries ranging from falling off his roof while installing a satellite dish, getting shocked by that same dish (plus multiple other things including but not limited to Christmas lights and a electric chair on the "How Do I Love Thee" game show), a adult circumcision, being pulverized by a massive woman wrestler (Big Bad Mama from Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) in Las Vegas, jumping from an airplane without a parachute, surviving multiple explosions from accidentally detonating dynamite in his own yard trying to kill a rabbit who has been eating his vegetable garden to sitting in a car during the filming of a music video for the Gutter Cats and being married to Peg Bundy for decades.
    -His foot odor is so foul as to be overpowering. The stench is superhuman and can hault anything in its tracks to turn tail in retreat.
    -Ignores the law. Al cares not for man made laws and breaks them on a daily basis.
    -Al is a owner and/or user of many weapons including the Shopping Cart of Death, sledge hammer, night stick, baseball bat, poison gas, women's pumps, explosives, a 1970s Dodge, empty beer bottles and his Dad's Hammer.
    -Al has survived run-ins with the Devil and Death, saved a English town, Lower Uncton, from a century old curse, founder of the church of NO MA'AM (leader of the local Chicago chapter with followers world wide), saved the world from a alien invasion and fights to keep America clean by wading in mall fountains and picking up the loose change polluting the water.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work by everyone on the bios so far though.

Hopefully gets some more in today and tomorrow.

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    What happens if someone's chosen who I was going to pick? I guess I'll have to find another choice?

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    What happens if someone's chosen who I was going to pick? I guess I'll have to find another choice?
    Did somebody pick Tony Nese?!?

Mentioned
    440 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Lol maybe I should pick him. I was thinking of Michael myers

Mentioned
    137 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could change mine to Kevin McCallister Donald haha.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I even remember Donald saying that he was choosing between Jason and Myers last time

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll give Donald and others til Tuesday to confirm their characters and list their abilities. Ties won't go up until this has been done.

Hero! and Randolph have both done theirs though so that tie will kick off the tournament off later today. Some point after 5pm GMT when i finish work.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    QUESTION: Regarding abilities, are we locked in to only the ones we've listed when we confirmed our character? If our character has additional skills we didn't have on there, are they off the table? For example, Bugs has been in hundreds of cartoons so say I'm researching and discover he was a fighter pilot during some WWII era picture but I did not have "experienced fighter pilot" on my list, does that mean I can't use it? Can't really expect me to comb through every 'toon Bugs has been in but obviously I'll be doing some research as we go along and probably discovering some things

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    I feel like confirming main abilities is fine and if there's evidence to say they can do something else then it's fair game.

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I might be editing in a few more prior to my fight. I'll try to get it all out there ahead of time if possible.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    I feel like confirming main abilities is fine and if there's evidence to say they can do something else then it's fair game.

Just providing a list of main abilities for your character bio is fine. Adding in anything else during the fight that is not listed in your bio is fine as long as you can provide evidence for it.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Abilities:
    Knockout Power
    High Level Stamina, Striking, and Speed
    No Moral Compass
    Wordsmith

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Topanga Lawrence

Might edit more in later.

Main Abilities:
    Topanga went through law school while pregnant and supporting her husband's teaching career. Graduated top of her class. And she made partner while raising her two kids. Such a shark that her firm basically gives her whatever she wants. They now maintain a spacious apartment in a gentrified area of New York. And she bought a bakery/cafe in her spare time, and pulled her kids friends' mom from career failure to successful bakery/cafe, because of course she did. And still raises her kids, husband, kids' friends, kid down the hall, and whoever else she runs into. What the fuck are you doing with your life?

Never loses. Catchphrase is "I win". Is somehow still a humble person.

Can change any person's life by engaging them in a 2-5 minute life lesson conversation.

Was wiccan as a child. Can still tap into that side whenever she wants. Magic powers

Literal Angel on Earth

Mentioned
    498 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post

Abilities:
    Knockout Power
    High Level Stamina, Striking, and Speed
    No Moral Compass
    Wordsmith
    All-time favorite Mike Tyson quote: "I guess I'll just fade into Bolivian"

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Randolph vs Hero! is underway! Randolph to go first.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dwight-500x500.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	21

Dwight K Schrute III

Powers: Master Salesman- has been able to outsell a machine

Weapons Expert- Has a massive array of weaponry that he has successfully hidden and also used successfully including but not limited to: pepper spray, nunchucks, bow staff, crossbow, brass knuckles, and a Chinese sword.

Environmental Adaptation- Has shown his skills of being a survivalist while preventing his boss from accidentally killing/poisoning himself.

Karate Black Belt

Master of Disguise- Has shown capabilities of being able to disguise himself around the Office.

Cunning- Has shown the ability to push blame for certain things onto other people/animals

Speed- faster than a Black Pepper Snake

Strength- Has the strength of a grown man and a little baby

Astounding Memory- Has memories of his own birth.

Mentioned
    290 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Topanga Matthews vs. Al Bundy vs. Michael Myers is a main event draw anywhere in the world.

Mentioned
    219 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Black Dynamite

Powers/Abilities:

Martial Arts - Black Dynamite is a master of the martial arts. He has been known to surmount impossible odds with only his hands. Taking out multiple people at once, fighting animals and even otherwordly beings(They say he once defeated an ape and killed a mantiswoman). He is skilled in the use of various weapons, with a strong preference for nunchucks.

Marksmanship - Black Dynamite is a perfect shot. Whether it's with his handgun or thrown weapons, Dynamite always hits his mark no matter the quarry or the environment. Once shot down a plane with a perfectly timed shot from the ground with his handgun. Can also kill someone by throwing a blade before he even enters the room.

Strength - Known to have a superhuman strength, able to kick people through walls, knock down large statues in a single blow, hurl a rock from the moon to earth, etc.

Durability - Black Dynamite is super tough. He shrugs off heavy blows such as gunshots to the shoulder, and has survived close-range grenade blasts.

Speed - This cat has some of the sharpest reflexes around, able to move quickly and react before the enemy can land a blow. Once caught a bullet in his teeth.

Deductive Reasoning/Strategy - Black Dynamite is also one of the sharpest motherfuckas around. He is able to come to conclusions for the most complicated schemes quicker than most. He is also able to outsmart his opponents with the most basic of tricks, even outsmarting former CIA operatives he used to work with.

Intimidation - Few men fuck with Black Dynamite. Any one who has ever crossed him has fallen and many cower at just the mention of his name.

Sexual Prowess/Attraction - Those attracted to Black Dynamite hopelessly fall for him, and has even seemed to turn those not normally attracted to men. He always gets the job done, and regularly does so with multiple women at the same time. Is proficient in the entire sex zodiac.

General Badassery

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    mth/Nash and the triple threat will be up today after 5pm GMT.

As soon as @Donald and @Mikey_Jones confirm their characters and post their list of main abilities, the other two ties will also go up today after that time.