User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Money in the Bank (2021)

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think we need to really take a step back and applaud Rhea and Charlotte-especially Charlotte, for how they were able to turn the crowd around. Charlotte has always had trouble keeping her shit together, it's not as bad as Rousey but it's up there when the fans are aggressive. She was able to have them cheering her victory by the end of the match. Rhea Ripley is 24 years old, she has a bright future ahead of her. Whatever the reasoning for giving Charlotte another run is fine by me as she's been kind of this year's Randy Orton.

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The Miss Elizabeth skirt pop is Road Warrior-Cena returns at the Rumble-Austin helps Foley win the title pop all rolled in to one.
    Its time we acknowledge that Miss Elizabeth was involved in some of the biggest "crowd loses their collective minds" moments of all time.

In no particular order:

1. Miss Elizabeth rips off her skirt. Everyone lost their mind about a normal bikini bottom. It changed the entire match dynamic, and the arena rocked. We were all kids, but we still remember where we were when it happened.

2. Miss Elizabeth and the Macho Man reunite. She saves and they get back together. people in the audience lose their minds. There are, quite literally, people ugly crying tears of happiness.

3. The whole collision leading to the "You got jealous eyes" speech. Elizabeth at risk and the fans couldn't have been more concerned.

I'm glad we've moved past Wendi Richter/Moolah era, but don't tell me romantic angles don't sell.

Also, if you time machined Mandy Rose to 1983 and put her with Hulk Hogan, Vince would have never had to sell the XFL.....

BECAUSE HE WOULD OWN THE NFL

Mentioned
    518 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't loved Rhea's main roster run. So last night was a pleasant surprise. Glad it came together.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still trying to understand why Cena came out and flashed the 2 sweet.

What if we find out that Hogan is Cena's dad.......................?????????????????????

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rewatching the womens MITB match, it was a nice finger on the pulse when Alexa started doing the hypnosis stuff on Zelina. The crowd seemed to deflate instantly. Hopefully that junk starts to blow away soon.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually agree with Zoom Out. Despite Alexa getting the biggest pop of anyone in that match, they didn't exactly react to her mystic stylez.

The thing is, after the entrances, it didn't seem like the crowd ever fully got into it and judging by 99% of the posts just on this board alone, I think it was just a mediocre match. It seemed short, I could be wrong. I was blown away when Nikki won because it felt like we had another 5 minutes or so before a finale.

Mentioned
    183 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I'm still trying to understand why Cena came out and flashed the 2 sweet.

What if we find out that Hogan is Cena's dad.......................?????????????????????
    Cena is a big Kenny Omega fan.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bert View Post
    Cena is a big Kenny Omega fan.
    I actually heard that Kenny Omega is why John Cena got into wrestling. Kenny Omega's dad actually trained John Cena and Samoa Joe. Not in wrestling, but freestyle rapping. Amazing story.

Mentioned
    366 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of Death Becomes Her

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yugoslavia
    Thoroughly enjoyed the show. MOTN was Charlotte and Rhea, just like it was at WrestleMania last year. Really excellent stuff. Not really on board with yet another Charlotte run, but she always delivers, lets be honest. I was initially a little irritated by the crowd calling for Becky, but then Rhea and Charlotte were both working heel and then I saw that Becky had tweeted a picture of herself outside the building, hinting at a run-in. So all good. Excellent stuff.

Women's MITB was good, but as has already been said, lacked star power. The men's match was excellent and my second favourite match of the night.

Main event was a little long, but no complaints. Told a great story and although the Seth interference was expected, they kept me on the edge of my seat, no pun intended. Did lol at Roman kicking out at 2 with the ref down. He clearly thought the ref was making the count. Took the drama out of that near fall that followed.

I actually really enjoyed the tag title match. That was great fun.

Bobby and Kofi was meh and I could have done without them making a job of Jimmy's DUI, yet again. Yeah, hilarious stuff.

Overall though, a solid 8.5 out of 10 from me.

As for Cena, makes my lad happy, so makes me happy.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Melter's Ratings

The Mysterios vs The Usos: 3.50
    Women's MITB Match: 2.00
    Omos and AJ Styles vs The Viking Raiders: 2.50
    Bobby Lashley vs Kofi Kingston: 2.00
    Rhea Ripley vs Charlotte Flair: 4.25
    Men's MITB Match: 4.75