User Tag List

Thread: Hell in a Cell (2021)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hell in a Cell (2021)

Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre: Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE Championship

Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair: WWE Raw Women's Championship Match

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley: Hell in a Cell Match for the WWE SmackDown Women's Championship

Alexa Bliss vs. Shayna Baszler

Kevin Owens vs. Sami Zayn

Cesaro vs. Seth Rollins

WWE Women's Tag Team Champion Natalya vs. Mandy Rose: Kickoff ShowKickoff Show Match
    Last edited by BGMaverick; June 20th, 2021 at 6:17 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    What I want:

-Lashley
    -Ripley
    -Belair
    -Bliss
    -Owens
    -Cesaro

Lashley/Ripley/Belair really need Ws to keep (in the women’s cases, kickstart) momentum, Drew needs a 6-8 month respite from the title picture. Bliss going over would put her in the women’s title mix; Owens/Cesaro need the wins to stay alive in the IC picture, as I think one of Owens/Cesaro/Nakamura takes the strap from Crews.

What I’ll probably get:

-McIntyre
    -Flair
    -Belair
    -Baszler
    -Zayn
    -Rollins

Another 3-4 month reign from McIntyre as they go on the road, a gift for Charlotte because “it’s been a while since she’s had it”. It feels inevitable that Shayna gets in title contention, now that Jax/Baszler have seemingly run its course. Eventually, sooner rather than later, Seth and Roman are going to cross paths on the blue brand.

OT: We’re probably due for a superstar shakeup soon, no? It feels like post-SummerSlam has been the usual time?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty stoked for most of Heck In A Box.
    I don't really care about Lashley/McIntyre at this point but I know they can deliver and the HIAC at least adds something new to the mix.
    Ripley/Charlotte should be good and hopefully is another big win for Rhea.
    Belair/Bayley will be good and the HIAC stip adds more potential for memorable stuff.
    Bliss/Bazler is interesting if only to see what kind of goofy shit they try to do as I suspect the doll might get involved or whatever. Srtight up wrestling match would be nice and probably decent but there'll be antics more than wrestling, I suspect.
    KO/Zayn always deliver. Same with Rollins/Cesaro. Both should be good and I think Rollins/Cesaro will possibly steal the show. Heopuflly another big win for Big Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    OT: We’re probably due for a superstar shakeup soon, no? It feels like post-SummerSlam has been the usual time?
    There's supposed to be a draft in Aug/Sept from what I've read.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Monday
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post

New Day vs. RK-Bro was easily the strongest part of the night. This was just a fantastic tag match and a good culmination for a month-long storyline. Depending on the rest of the PPV, this match probably should have just gone on that card instead. It wasn't promoted that well leading up to the show and didn't make the PPV so that feels like a missed opportunity on WWE's end. ...
    Yeahhhh, they screwed this up. But hey, we've got...oh, zero tag matches on the card.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On a similar note, I have no idea why they didn't put the match for Corbin's Crown on the PPV, especially considering they moved Roman/Rey to Smackdown.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    On a similar note, I have no idea why they didn't put the match for Corbin's Crown on the PPV, especially considering they moved Roman/Rey to Smackdown.
    The easy answer for that: There were five matches between them and out of those five, you maybe had one good match combined out of them. They were just time-fillers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WWE is so inconsistent it is stupid....Rhea smacks Charlotte with the table top and gets a DQ yet others do it and even smash the stairs on opponents and nothing, make up your damn mind!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Pandemic Era starts to come to an end for WWE as this was the last PPV in the Thunderdome. Mandy Rose and Natalya had a pretty decent kickoff match but it led to an uninspired result: Natalya winning. Seems like they wanted to go out with a bang by starting out with a ton of pyro.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Vince has Rhea and Charlotte lose repeatedly on TV for the past two months, but when it's time for one of them to lose in the title match, he's so afraid that he goes with a DQ finish. Fucking hell.
    Last edited by Sasori; June 20th, 2021 at 11:26 PM.

dude it's iron man.. man
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cant wait for the crowds to chant boring through alexa's shit

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt like overall the show wasn't too bad. Tag-team wrestling was non-existent tonight. To the point where they didn't even bother having a tag-team title match between the only 2 female teams on Raw/SD. Instead we get a meaningless singles match.

I will say this. The ending of the ppv left a little to be desired. I'm not saying Drew should've won because win or lose the path for both of these men now that this is over is unclear-which is very intriguing.

Who is next in line to feud with Lashley because you know it's going to be the Summerslam match for the WWE title...Where does Drew go from here? It would be crazy interesting if Lesnar returned with Heyman on Raw and Heyman did 2 different roles which eventually cause issues down the road between Reigns and Lesnar. Lesnar v. Lashley at Summerslam is huge just from a visual standpoint. They've never wrestled each other. Ever.

Drew McIntyre really doesn't have many options other than turning heel or getting sent to Smackdown somehow. Drew snapping on New Day could be interesting. IDK it's late.

What I want to know is what's next for Bianca? Carmella maybe?

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty good PPV overall, which i feel like I say when i watch every PPV. Good few matches that really did well is selling that the folks involved hated each others guts and wanted to beat the shit out o9f each others so that's a plus.

Bayley vs. Belair was maybe a notch below its potential but that's just 'cuz in my mind, it had pretty damn high potential. But it was rather good. Nice to see Bayley do the kendo stick thing she failed at last NIAC and the KOD on the ladder was pretty rad. Guess I just expected a couple more crazy spots and/or something more with a feat of strength/athleticism from Bianca but again, that's on me probably having too high of expectations going in. They didn't disappoint, to be clear.

Cesaro vs. Rollins was similar in that it was very good but a notch below what I think they can do (and probably a notch below their Mania match, i think?). The Rollins win was kind of expected (despite my prediction being Cesaro) once the announcers started talking and I gave it some more thought. I guess the question is if this is Rollins shaking off his Cesaro problem of just the middle of something that Big Tony comes out of on top. Ok with the former but hoping for the latter. Maybe give 'em a 2/3 Falls or something at MITB.

Bliss vs. Baszler...I guess I'll say this: Bliss is absolutely nailing what she's supposed to be doing. Great work from her being the Lady Fiend. Like, it's all pretty stupid but I was invested 'cuz she was all in and I'll admit that sometimes it's fun to see where the stupid's going.

Owens vs. Zayn was one of the ones were the hate felt real. Great stuff. KO's arm selling had me legit concerned (it would not shock me if a legit injury was announced). Big win for Zayn that's much deserved.

Ripley vs. Charlotte was another one that was hot and brutal and physical. Great intensity and aggresion. The hate felt real and they did a damn fine job. I get people being cheesed by the finish, it did seem odd to me that the table flap was a DQ when table bumps, steps, etc. are not but I didn't mind the actual reasoning for it and the post-match fighting and fact that this is clearly rolling on is A-OK with me.

Lashley vs. Drew, I'll admit, had me losing focus a bit just because I wasn't particularly invested and was getting tired. But hot damn, they pulled me in in the latter stages. Really had me thinking Drew was going to get it done but very pleased the All Mighty era continues. Top notch.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I really enjoyed this show. Shayna/Alexa was the match I was most looking forward to and they didn't fail me. Was hoping for a Lesnar or Strowman return during the main event, which I was bummed about, but at least McIntyre is finally out of the title picture.

I also think the hair business is stupid with Belair and Bayley.

Surprised Sami won as I wasn't sure if he won at all.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DQ finish for Rhea/Charlotte was a cheesy cop out but was into it up til that point.

Lashley/McIntyre was alright but for the roll-up of death finisher.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two post-PPV thoughts:

I imagine there's a decent chance they're not running Charlotte/Rhea again until Summerslam because they have the out that Nikki Cross can get involved and they could possibly have a triple threat at MITB.

Not exactly sure where McIntyre goes but there's a natural progression between Kofi and Lashley/MVP. You could also make a case where Kofi wins but then Lesnar comes back and wrecks his championship dreams again.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After booking McIntyre as unstoppable for the better part of a year, they've done a good job taking the air out of him. Why did he need to lose three consecutive title matches? He should just disappear for a while. Maybe go back to Scotland and visit his favorite William Wallace historical locations. With WWE going on the road again, he's going to have to have a presence, so maybe he'll spend the summer beating up Miz and Morrison again.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good show, some weird results. Expecting Drew to end up on Smackdown now.
    Rollins feels stuck, stale. I don't mind Rollins-Cesaro, they could fight forever but between last year with the Mysterio's, Murphy lasting for several months the same is happening with he and Cesaro. At least this is just wrestling with limited dumb shit like the eye nonsense that followed the whole storyline around.

Same with Zayn-Owens. Could watch them fight forever but this has also been going on since Mania. If it's not for a title it seems kinda pointless unless it's a loser leaves Smackdown, one of them ends up in NXT at some point, instead of the predictable Raw.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Good show, some weird results. Expecting Drew to end up on Smackdown now.
    That sounds awful, I'd like anything but a Drew/Roman feud.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm looking at the Raw roster and in terms of heels not named AJ Styles or in tag-teams you basically have:

Jinder Mahal, Mustafa Ali, and John Morrison. I could see Jinder v. Drew. Ali could be someone they use Drew to help elevate. Morrison is a fucking clown and I don't see a benefit in him working with Drew at all.

If they turned Drew you could possibly do a program with Jeff Hardy. Maybe Xavier Woods or Kofi Kingston. Keith Lee could be someone in the mix if he returned, maybe you keep Drew babyface and Lee returns as a pissed off heel.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    KO will be taking some time off. He deserves it - I hope whatever injury he has will heal quickly.

I enjoyed the PPV even though many of the wrong people won.

For me, Bayley and Bianca had a really good opener. Belair continues to impress in the ring even though she hasn't been great at helping build her most recent feuds with Sasha and now Bayley. I would have liked to see Bayley win here but this was the only match that had a satisfying finish. My favorite spot was when Bayley grabbed the kendo stick and told Cole/McAfee and the "crowd" to be quiet before she unloaded on Bianca. Great storytelling here.

Cesaro and Seth was really good as well, but it suffered because it was not as good as their Mania match with the live crowd. Cesaro beating him before, but Seth calling it even, makes me think we may get an iron man match out of them next.

I am all in on Alexa Bliss. She has that "it factor" where she can take a crummy storyline and make it entertaining. I don't think there's another woman on the roster who could have pulled off a performance as well as she did. I am not sure how this will get over in front of a live crowd, but since we're not there yet, give her kudos. She also has the ability to make Shayna's offense look deadly, yet her timing and ability to transform from pain to laughter was really superb. Since Bliss hasn't been in the ring much lately, I'll admit I had forgotten her disjointed elbow, but they really used this well. Nia's hypnotic slap to Reginald was the best acting we've ever gotten out of Nia.

As for Shayna, they will probably feed Naomi or Mandy to her next to try to restore her, but I think she will be fine. If she splits with Nia and turns on her, before moving on to someone like Asuka, all the better.

Charlotte and Rhea was really good as well, but the stupid finish definitely takes away from my overall opinion of the match. Agreed that Nikki Cross will probably be added to make this a 3-way next, and I could see Charlotte pinning Cross before these 2 get together again for SummerSlam.

Lashley probably needed this win more than Drew, and I am glad he retained.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    That sounds awful, I'd like anything but a Drew/Roman feud.
    Drew just feels stuck now. Out of the Raw title picture, or so we'd think. I agree, don't want a Drew/Roman feud either but seems like most options are exhausted on Raw. Maybe a feud on NXT with Adam Cole, surprise appearance and kick his head into roof.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    KO will be taking some time off. He deserves it - I hope whatever injury he has will heal quickly.

I enjoyed the PPV even though many of the wrong people won.

For me, Bayley and Bianca had a really good opener. Belair continues to impress in the ring even though she hasn't been great at helping build her most recent feuds with Sasha and now Bayley. I would have liked to see Bayley win here but this was the only match that had a satisfying finish. My favorite spot was when Bayley grabbed the kendo stick and told Cole/McAfee and the "crowd" to be quiet before she unloaded on Bianca. Great storytelling here.

Cesaro and Seth was really good as well, but it suffered because it was not as good as their Mania match with the live crowd. Cesaro beating him before, but Seth calling it even, makes me think we may get an iron man match out of them next.

I am all in on Alexa Bliss. She has that "it factor" where she can take a crummy storyline and make it entertaining. I don't think there's another woman on the roster who could have pulled off a performance as well as she did. I am not sure how this will get over in front of a live crowd, but since we're not there yet, give her kudos. She also has the ability to make Shayna's offense look deadly, yet her timing and ability to transform from pain to laughter was really superb. Since Bliss hasn't been in the ring much lately, I'll admit I had forgotten her disjointed elbow, but they really used this well. Nia's hypnotic slap to Reginald was the best acting we've ever gotten out of Nia.

As for Shayna, they will probably feed Naomi or Mandy to her next to try to restore her, but I think she will be fine. If she splits with Nia and turns on her, before moving on to someone like Asuka, all the better.

Charlotte and Rhea was really good as well, but the stupid finish definitely takes away from my overall opinion of the match. Agreed that Nikki Cross will probably be added to make this a 3-way next, and I could see Charlotte pinning Cross before these 2 get together again for SummerSlam.

Lashley probably needed this win more than Drew, and I am glad he retained.
    If the WWE put together Lashley v. Lesnar for Summerslam-smart decision on keeping the title off Drew. Like you said, Lash probably did need it more than Drew and I think Drew has a good 5-10 years ahead of him.

What would be crazy is if Drew won MITB....That gives him the ability to transcend Smackdown or Raw and it doesn't have to be now. Shit Lashley could be champ another 7 months and Drew decides in September I'm challenging Roman or whoever is on SD carrying the Universal title.

Drew just feels stuck now. Out of the Raw title picture, or so we'd think. I agree, don't want a Drew/Roman feud either but seems like most options are exhausted on Raw. Maybe a feud on NXT with Adam Cole, surprise appearance and kick his head into roof.
    Hypothetically let's assume John Cena v. Roman Reigns at Summerslam is a lock and that we'll start seeing the build toward that in the coming weeks. Roman will probably have something small going on that involves Nakamura or maybe Jimmy Uso for MITB. Smackdown's biggest problem is that all the heels came out of the last few ppvs looking super strong. I really don't want to see Big E fed to Roman Reigns right now. But other than Nakamura, he's the only singles guy who has any momentum to an extent that you could make them look credible against Roman.

And Drew v. Roman, unless it's for Summerslam, is not worth putting together again especially when it's likely Roman pulls out a W again. Drew coming over and feuding with Seth Rollins again wouldn't be horrible. I do believe he's above the IC/US title picture. Keep him away from Crews. Drew v. Sami Zayn would not be a bad idea.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Just felt like it was Lashley vs. McIntyre # 489, Charlotte vs. Ripley # 810, and Zayn vs. Owens # 5,789. Wish they'd freshen up matchups. Cesaro and Rollins at least is newish, but we all knew Rollins was getting his win back. Cesaro's push was fun while it lasted.

Why not put guys like Otis, Nakamura, Garza, and Strow...Nese on your PPVs? Also, put your champions on the shows, why isn't Apollo on the thing? Not sure who the tag team champs are but that's probably because they aren't on PPVs.
    Last edited by Donald; June 21st, 2021 at 4:03 PM.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't really know what to do with Drew right now, unless there's a debut on Raw for him to tangle with. He's not going after Sheamus' title, can't go after Lashley. I'd rather see Big E. vs. Roman but that's something for Mania or beyond to happen. So, between now and then, Sami seems like a good opponent. Let Sami brag about putting KO on the shelf for a few weeks, draft happens, McIntyre shows up to destroy him.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The glaring issue is that unless Raw/SD do a trade, the draft doesn't happen until after Summerslam starting August 30th. So that's 2+ months that Drew is going to be on Raw and his opponents are few and far between if he stays a babyface.

Jinder Mahal might be the next step to be honest. They'll play on their history of 3MB, how Jinder was the 1st to win the World tile, blah blah blah. The problem is Jinder is so boring. Nothing he does in the ring is worth a shit, his interviews suck, he looks like he's pissing PEDs and not in a good way. But it's a feud that I can see WWE thinking in their head is a great story and it'll help bring Jinder back up to the main event while giving Drew a win. I could honestly see this being Drew's match at Summerslam.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    The glaring issue is that unless Raw/SD do a trade, the draft doesn't happen until after Summerslam starting August 30th. So that's 2+ months that Drew is going to be on Raw and his opponents are few and far between if he stays a babyface.

Jinder Mahal might be the next step to be honest. They'll play on their history of 3MB, how Jinder was the 1st to win the World tile, blah blah blah. The problem is Jinder is so boring. Nothing he does in the ring is worth a shit, his interviews suck, he looks like he's pissing PEDs and not in a good way. But it's a feud that I can see WWE thinking in their head is a great story and it'll help bring Jinder back up to the main event while giving Drew a win. I could honestly see this being Drew's match at Summerslam.
    They can kind of phone it in on the feuds with money in the bank coming up. They can get by with 6 man tags or qualifying matches.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PurePlayer View Post
    They can kind of phone it in on the feuds with money in the bank coming up. They can get by with 6 man tags or qualifying matches.
    Why would they want to phone it in though? I'm hoping for something different than what is expected. It's too predictable so if they're going to be lazy well shit, have fun getting those ratings above 1.5

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why would they want to phone it in though? I'm hoping for something different than what is expected. It's too predictable so if they're going to be lazy well shit, have fun getting those ratings above 1.5
    do they typically do feuds during money in the bank month? My memory is escaping me. Usually they do qualifying matches and then random singles and tag matches between the guys leading in. And it's the last few weeks before fans show up so they might not want to give away anything else.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do they typically do feuds during money in the bank month? My memory is escaping me. Usually they do qualifying matches and then random singles and tag matches between the guys leading in. And it's the last few weeks before fans show up so they might not want to give away anything else.
    Oh yeah. A good example would be Seth Rollins v. Dean Ambrose @ MITB 2015 for the World title. You also had Cena/Owens feuding at this time which was a pretty big deal as well. The year after that Styles/Cena were feuding as well as Roman and Seth. Last year just to be more current we had Fiend/Strowman feuding on the ppv.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I don't really know what to do with Drew right now, unless there's a debut on Raw for him to tangle with. He's not going after Sheamus' title, can't go after Lashley.
    I’ve been a huge fan of McIntyre’s current run, but I’m currently getting a serious case of Drew fatigue.

Ideally, I’d have him take the month off while selling the HIAC beating, then return for the build to SummerSlam. Drew has been going hard for 18+ months, he could probably use some down time.

A decent alternative would be him shadowing and being a general pain in the ass for Lashley. “I might not get to challenge you, Bobby, but I can definitely be an equalizer against MVP.” Drew in Kofi’s corner as Kingston challenges Lashley at MITB, would work. Maintaining relevance yet not monopolizing the title scene.

FWIW, superstars have crossed brands before in the absence of a draft/exchane, it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I’ve been a huge fan of McIntyre’s current run, but I’m currently getting a serious case of Drew fatigue.

Ideally, I’d have him take the month off while selling the HIAC beating, then return for the build to SummerSlam. Drew has been going hard for 18+ months, he could probably use some down time.

A decent alternative would be him shadowing and being a general pain in the ass for Lashley. “I might not get to challenge you, Bobby, but I can definitely be an equalizer against MVP.” Drew in Kofi’s corner as Kingston challenges Lashley at MITB, would work. Maintaining relevance yet not monopolizing the title scene.

FWIW, superstars have crossed brands before in the absence of a draft/exchane, it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility.
    I agree with all of this. I wouldn't mind Drew taking some time off and maybe he's a surprise entrant in MITB or simply doesn't wrestle until MITB even if he's not a surprise.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh yeah. A good example would be Seth Rollins v. Dean Ambrose @ MITB 2015 for the World title. You also had Cena/Owens feuding at this time which was a pretty big deal as well. The year after that Styles/Cena were feuding as well as Roman and Seth. Last year just to be more current we had Fiend/Strowman feuding on the ppv.
    sorry i meant the actual competitors in the match. I know they usually do the title feuds going in as well.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry i meant the actual competitors in the match. I know they usually do the title feuds going in as well.
    Yeah not very often do we see more than maybe 1 rivalry/feud among participants in MITB.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    They need to make all the MITB competitors strong so that anyone of them could win. I mean does anyone think Ricochet is going to win?

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I feel like this is Riddle's match to win. And then when he tries to cash in Randy hits him with the RKO and he loses resulting in a big feud.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet is talented as hell in the ring, but he's a charisma vacuum.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    According to the mainpage, next Monday Styles/McIntyre/Orton have a last chance qualifying match.

I would love to see AJ get the W, but I have a sinking feeling that Drew gets in and wins the briefcase.