Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wrestlemania Backlash (2021)

Sheamus vs. TBD: United States Championship Open Challenge Match

Damian Priest vs. The Miz Lumberjack Match

Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode (c) vs. Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio: WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley: WWE SmackDown Women's Championship Match

Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair: Triple Threat Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman: Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cesaro: WWE Universal Championship Match
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 16th, 2021 at 4:51 PM.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big fan of the card.

Would it be nice to see Cesaro pull off the upset? Of course.

I think we're going to see a new WWE champion. I think Drew gets the win here and then the blowoff with Drew and Lashley at the next ppv in some type of stipulation.

I'm hoping we get Dom and Rey as the new champions. Dirty Dawgz haven't really been given much to work with and despite a nice reign it's practically forgotten the second someone wonders who are the champs.

they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the Usos back together, there's the natural assumption they'll go after the tag titles soon. In that case they need a face team to go up against, so the Mysterios winning on Sunday seems like a lock.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Surprised Edge never got involved after the WM match. Contract up? Thought for sure he and Bryan would've had a match after that.

Card looks strong so far. Could see the women's match being main event.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    With the Usos back together, there's the natural assumption they'll go after the tag titles soon. In that case they need a face team to go up against, so the Mysterios winning on Sunday seems like a lock.
    I imagine a better lock is the next PPV, considering the date
    Last edited by BGMaverick; May 13th, 2021 at 3:41 PM.

they're gonna say the same shit about this shit, because it's the same shit, just different shit
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    I imagine a better lock is the next PPV, considering the date
    Didn't realize that. Good call.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I could see McIntyre pinning Braun after a spear or something and then Lashley/McIntyre continues from there.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Surprised Edge never got involved after the WM match. Contract up? Thought for sure he and Bryan would've had a match after that.

Card looks strong so far. Could see the women's match being main event.
    There's a part of me that thinks we're going to see Edge this Sunday. His story with Roman could've ended at Mania but they inserted Bryan. I think we could probably see them get it on at Summerslam.

Fingers crossed Edge helps Cesaro win the title, Cesaro drops it back then we get Roman v. Edge blowoff at Summerslam.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Roman vs Edge seems like the best bet for the main event of summerslam.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Heel vs Heel in the main event? Not sure about that.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edge won't be a heel when he gets back. Did you hear his crowd reaction at Mania?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't say Edge turned full blown heel. He made valid points about Bryan and I can see why someone would think he did a full turn but I saw it more as he was just Edge. Not a heel, not a face, just Edge. This time around he won't make that a mystery, he's going to be the babyface.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If Edge clarifies his motives and comes back as a more bad ass, slightly unhinged face, then that's fine by me.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Predictions:

-Priest
    -the Mysterios
    -Belair
    -Ripley
    -Lashley
    -Reigns

Notes:

-Rhea and Bianca need decisive wins to kick their relatively underwhelming reigns into high gear.
    -Would love to see them put the strap on Braun while he’s hot, but I fear he’s only in the match to do the job so that neither of Drew/Bobby lose momentum.
    -I smell shenanigans in the Reigns/Cesaro main event, a DQ finish due to interference by somebody. Jimmy Uso? Edge? Daniel Bryan?
    -Mysterios go over for the feel-good moment; the announcers haven’t been pumping the father-son-duo-for-tag-champs tires for nothing.
    -Priest has to go over, requires the clean W a lot more than Miz

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it feel like a small card to anyone else or am I just missing something?

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    6 matches for a non big 4 show seems about right.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought that a PPV would have more matches than RAW, or at least closer to the same amount of matches.

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Since my predicitons are already in the predictions thread, I'll just offer my quick thoughts going into the show:

Damian Priest vs. The Miz Lumberjack Match
    Wasn't a big fan of Priest when he was in NXT but that's been changing as of late and I dig the guy now. Don't expect too much from the match honestly but it'd be nice if it were another win for the guy. Although the stip has me thinking it might help Miz if a bunch of dudes screw things up for Priest.

Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode (c) vs. Rey Mysterio and Dominik Mysterio: WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
    Don't care but it'll probably be fine. Champs are forgettable so Mysterios winning would be good.

Bianca Belair (c) vs. Bayley: WWE SmackDown Women's Championship Match
    Heard the build hasn't been great but they're both pretty awesome and should deliver.

Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Asuka vs. Charlotte Flair: Triple Threat Match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship
    All good performers but their it sounds like recent pairings as of late have been a bit underwhelming (though I thought Asuka/Rhea at Mania was very good), so hopefully things click better with all three of them in there. The potential is certainly there. Rhea retaining would be a nice statement for her.

Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman: Triple Threat Match for the WWE Championship
    The individual pairings have always been good so this should be a good bout of BIG MEATY MEN SLAPPIN' MEAT. Reckon Lashley retains over Strowman so Drew can still claim another shot where he wins it later on.

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cesaro: WWE Universal Championship Match
    Hell yes, the match I'm most stoked about. These two have the potential for something special and hopefully this isn't a one-off so I certainly see some shenanigans with the Usos and whatnot.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally I'd like to see Miz win here and go somewhere further up the card.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP has added the kickoff show match

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Miz deserves better.

At least we now know that zombies can't enter wrestling rings. Kinda like the circles of salt from Supernatural

Mentioned
    181 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazer View Post
    The Miz deserves better.

At least we now know that zombies can't enter wrestling rings. Kinda like the circles of salt from Supernatural
    Everyone deserves better than this

The Salaminizer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh good. I was afraid this lumberjack match was going to be stupid. Luckily they went the serious route.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Everyone deserves better than this
    I was about to make s joke like saxton doesn't.

Then I saw the end.

Yes, everyone deserves better.

The Gobbledy Gooker and Papa Shango think that was a bit forced and over the top

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's promoting a Batista movie. I don't see why the Wiki had to be changed.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I saw the tie-in. It was very subtle.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Two wrestlers were ultimately taken by zombies but the show had to go on...

Mentioned
    176 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hell yeah, what a good show.

I opted to watch the pre-show match 'cuz I heard Ricohet answered the challenge. Quite a decent bout with Ricochet getting to look better than i expected. With the title not on the line, I expected he might win but he didn't, but the post-match stuff seems to suggest these boys ain't done tangling and Rico's back on target for the US belt and I am happy with that.

RAW Women's Title triple threat was terrific. Really good, didn't fall into the trap of one person always being outside of the ring. Actually felt like three people going at it throughout and everyone got to shine quite nicely. Great win for Rhea and a great start to the show.

Tag Title match went about twice as long as it needed to. Can't say as I as particularly invested when Rey was out there alone. Hard to swallow the tag champs couldn't have finished him off. Also, his old-school Batman cosplay made him look more like Eeyore to me. Anyway, once Dom came out I still wasn't convinced they were going to win as I figured that'd be at the next PPV since it was mentioned it's no Father's Day but they did get it done and that's fine. I like Dom, at least.

The zombie stuff was dumb but whatever. The only time I really had a problem with it was when they got Miz at the end and just piled on but weren't actually doing anything and the camera lingered for way too long. Otherwise, I just accepted the situation and enjoyed JoMo doing some parkour and Priest getting another win. The zombie shit's pretty meaningless in the long run/bigger picture.

Bianca/Balyley was good. Not really much else to elaborate on other than they're both great and they did a good job here. Finish seems to be setting up Bayley having a gripe that'll get her another go and I am fine with that.

WWE Title match was buckets of fun. Big meaty men slappin' meat was what I was expecting and sure, we got that, but we also got a lot of spots I wasn't expecting with some goddamn impressive powermoves lifting and heaving and slamming beefy boys around. That double delayed suplex on Braun, the powerbomb to Drew through the table, the Michinoku driver, probably forgetting a couple more I'm forgetting...these dudes gave me some unexpected stuff and I loved it. Yet another bout where the finish seemed to obviously leave things set up for the next title bout with Drew not being the one pinned.

Roman/Cesaro was really good. Not much I can add that BG didn't already say above. I guess i would say I kind of expected a few more holy shit spots from big Tony, just a couple more wild technical or power feats to really show him digging deal in the toolkit, but that's only a minor gripe as the story telling was absolutely on point (and he really did dig deep and do some power stuff that was more appropriate to the story, too). And I was quite surprised it was clean straight through sans Usos as it's been a stable of Roman's game to have help. Fabulous stuff. Was not expecting the post-match Rollins appearance (amazing suit!) and beatdown but would be glad to see Rollins/Cesaro in a HIAC next month where Tony gets another big win and contiues going after Reigns, hopefully, maybe getting the big win at SummerSlam?

All in all, hell of a good show.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    they need a face team to go up against, so the Mysterios winning on Sunday seems like a lock.
    This was, unfortunately, correct. I liked Ziggler and Roode as champions, but they do have a rematch so we shall see if this feud continues.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was a lot of fun. Everything delivered and then some.

Rhea's performance was terrific - she showed she really belongs. Asuka and Charlotte did great, as they usually do, but they both helped make Rhea look like a star. I wasn't thrilled with the spot with all three of them slugging each other while on their knees, but then Rhea's use of the headbutts to both Asuka and Charlotte just worked well.

As for the JoMo/Miz stuff. I wonder who got to explain the use of "thirst trap" to Vince. I actually thought the zombie stuff was okay, especially during the match itself. I liked the visual of the smoky floor and the barren city instead of the Thundedome faces - I thought it was a nice change of pace. Miz deserves better, because even if his ringwork has never been top 10 level, he has shown he understands the storytelling better than most. Priest got a chance to shine, and learn from a seasoned vet. Even if the post-match silliness was contrived/unnecessary, I still have a feeling that Miz / JoMo might both come out on Raw dressed like zombies tonight, and poke some fun at the whole thing, somehow making it seem like someone else was at fault. Hopefully not Priest, though, as he needs to move on from Miz/JoMo, who probably have a story against each other coming.

I am happy for Rey and Dom to get the tag tiles, and I am looking forward to them facing off against the Uso's. They will probably face Team Alpha first, getting a chance to retain on Father's Day.

I thought Bayley and Bianca had a great match. Bianca is still pretty green but she continues to impress, and working with a Hall of Fame talent like Bayley certainly helps. Bayley does old school heel stuff brilliantly - taking a powder, laughing in Bianca's face, the eye rake while blocking the ref's view (nice job pointing that out by commentary), trying to use the ropes for leverage on a pin attempt, etc. The finish clearly seemed to set us up for more between these two, and I think we'd all sign up for that in a hurry. It wouldn't hurt Bianca if Bayley complained about Bianca using her hair for leverage, enough to earn a return match that Bayley cheats to win. Then we'd get a rubber match. I am really looking forward to more from these two.

Lashley retaining, the way he did, was solid. Only a nitpik, but I didn't like MVP on the sidelines in camera view while Lashley was off screen selling his prior injury. Storyline wise, he should have been helping Lashley recover. Drew and Braun also deserve high praise.

Cesaro/Reigns was better than I even expected, and I expected a lot. Cesaro sold the early arm injury for the entire match, and Reigns has been having great match after great match. Cesaro losing but not tapping out still makes him look strong, and it seems he will go back to swinging Seth Freaking Rollins. I am really enjoying Pat McAfee on commentary.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They really need live fans back, a live crowd would of shit all over the zombie thing and WWE would of been afraid to do it.

Also, with the cinematic matches, The Fiend and now zombies does anyone else feel like WWE is getting ideas for storylines from their video games?

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim View Post
    They really need live fans back, a live crowd would of shit all over the zombie thing and WWE would of been afraid to do it.

Also, with the cinematic matches, The Fiend and now zombies does anyone else feel like WWE is getting ideas for storylines from their video games?
    I really doubt they would have been afraid to do it.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really good card overall. I wasn't a fan of Miz v. Priest to begin with and the zombies stuff...I've seen worse (Halloween Havoc 1995).

Both Raw triple threats were awesome. Cesaro/Roman was great but the ending of the ppv was terrible. Just beat the fuck out of Cesaro because.....? Rollins stepping to Roman would've been pretty slick depending on where they would go with it but then Seth beating up Cesaro was just overkill. Too many WWE ppvs ending on a downer.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This guy is straight fire right now. Good for him to see this character really round into form.

Reigns on Twitter:
    “Show up and win [laughs]. Show up and win, that’s what I did. It’s because of moments like right now, already putting in the work. I’m special man. I’m the best - generational talent, I’m that transcendent landmark where the old school meets the new school, you know what I’m saying. There ain’t nobody like me, in the whole world, in all of entertainment, sports entertainment, professional... ain't nobody like me.

“And I told you, like the majority of my opponents, I respected that man Cesaro. I respect that man. I said he’s one of the greatest wrestlers, in-ring wrestlers in the whole world. So what I do? I beat him at his own game. And we live in a world of negativity, of haters. They ain’t never bothered me. Never a problem for me, but they are a problem for my opponents. Cesaro might have had a chance last night if my own blood wasn’t hatin’ on me, wasn’t doubting me. It’s all motivation to me. And you get it all the time, and it motivates you to do the work. But when it’s within your bloodline, within your family - it hits way harder. And I had to go out there and I had to show him.

“So Jimmy! Jim. Don’t text me. Don’t call me. Don’t Facetime me, don’t tell your brother to text me. Don’t hit me up on the groupchat. We’re gonna have to talk about this one. But we gonna do it on my show. Friday night. My SmackDown. Have a good week, Uce. I’ll see you in a few.”

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad Lashley retained. The Almighty Era continues!!!

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am really curious what is next for Roman. He's a few months shy of holding the title for a year. This is a guy who after all this time has combined all the stories into what makes his character work NOW. It never really worked beyond "WWE says he's the #1 guy so I'm going to believe THAT!" I don't think Roman was ever naturally a top babyface. Now, he's for sure a top tier heel and when he turns babyface-which he will-it'll be much better this time around.

There's truth in that whole too much too soon and while it helped Roman become what he has become and thrive as opposed to a generic heel turn, I do wonder at what expense? Was it worth it?

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So glad Lashley retained. The Almighty Era continues!!!
    Yep. I have a feeling this is leading to Lashley v. Drew in HIAC. It's the next ppv and Drew is 0-1 in Cell matches after doing the unnecessary job to Orton last year.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big Drew fan, but I'd like to see Lashley move on to someone else for a while.

Honestly, not sure which Raw face is in the right spot, but I think its time to freshen up the feud for a while.

Wouldn't mind seeing them holding off until Summerslam and giving Drew his live crowd "moment" there.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a big Drew fan, but I'd like to see Lashley move on to someone else for a while.

Honestly, not sure which Raw face is in the right spot, but I think its time to freshen up the feud for a while.

Wouldn't mind seeing them holding off until Summerslam and giving Drew his live crowd "moment" there.
    I think they've moved beyond giving him the "live crowd moment" We've seen him win the title twice already, crowd or not it's not going to be a huge deal the 3rd time because you'd have to be Austin level at this point to really get that MANIA POP. He missed his moment, it won't have the same impact unfortunately.

Who could step up as a face against Lashley right now if not Drew? It all makes sense if they blow it off at HIAC. Lashley with MVP can only go so far when there isn't anyone on deck.

Matt Riddle and Randy Orton are two guys I could've seen slide in there but Orton as a babyface? Meh. Keith Lee returns to go right back into the World title picture? Maybe.

If Daniel Bryan showed up on Raw that would be interesting. Lesnar as a babyface, no Paul Heyman? Interesting but highly unlikely at this moment. Damien Priest has The Miz feud hopefully behind him but World title challenger at this point? I guess if it's just to keep the title on Lashley. But then what about Drew? Shit what about Strowman? Maybe they team up and feud with AJ/Omos.

Mentioned
    107 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think Drew walking out first at Mania was WWE giving him that “live crowd moment”. He was the first one out to an audience of a reasonable size in a year.

That was the moment. Not if/when he takes the title next.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even then he wasn't technically the first. One of the worst things they did at Mania was parade Vince and everyone in their Mania gear out there at the start. They should've done that at the end of the show off camera. I was like, yeah it's cool it's nothing unusual but I don't really want to see Titus and Hogan before Drew. Fuckin rain delays.

Intercontinental Champion
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    This guy is straight fire right now. Good for him to see this character really round into form.

Reigns on Twitter:
    “Show up and win [laughs]. Show up and win, that’s what I did. It’s because of moments like right now, already putting in the work. I’m special man. I’m the best - generational talent, I’m that transcendent landmark where the old school meets the new school, you know what I’m saying. There ain’t nobody like me, in the whole world, in all of entertainment, sports entertainment, professional... ain't nobody like me.

“And I told you, like the majority of my opponents, I respected that man Cesaro. I respect that man. I said he’s one of the greatest wrestlers, in-ring wrestlers in the whole world. So what I do? I beat him at his own game. And we live in a world of negativity, of haters. They ain’t never bothered me. Never a problem for me, but they are a problem for my opponents. Cesaro might have had a chance last night if my own blood wasn’t hatin’ on me, wasn’t doubting me. It’s all motivation to me. And you get it all the time, and it motivates you to do the work. But when it’s within your bloodline, within your family - it hits way harder. And I had to go out there and I had to show him.

“So Jimmy! Jim. Don’t text me. Don’t call me. Don’t Facetime me, don’t tell your brother to text me. Don’t hit me up on the groupchat. We’re gonna have to talk about this one. But we gonna do it on my show. Friday night. My SmackDown. Have a good week, Uce. I’ll see you in a few.”

Sounds like Roman is going to spend some time teaching Cousin Jimmy/Jim Uso a little lesson in respect for the family head of the table.

I love that Roman put over Cesaro as one of the greatest wrestlers in the whole world.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is why the draft is better after Mania. It lets you freshen things up right after the biggest storylines reach a natural conclusion point.

I would be good with a returning Keith Lee. I kinda wish Big E was an option. I really want to see E in a main event feud soon.

This is the thing. RAW faces are weak right now. I feel like they've gotta start slingshotting a few guys, because the face cupboard is pretty bare.

I'm completely good with a bit of a Dreq and Braun feud. Those guys would have some fun matches. I'm also not against Drew taking the belt of Shamus, and then holding it for a few months vs. a heel challenger before getting back in the main event picture.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Sounds like Roman is going to spend some time teaching Cousin Jimmy/Jim Uso a little lesson in respect for the family head of the table.

I love that Roman put over Cesaro as one of the greatest wrestlers in the whole world.
    It's sad that it takes Roman Reigns to acknowledge someone of something most of us have known for years. But it's like with Cena, a lot of people liked when he would come out and talk up Daniel Bryan, Punk, etc.

This is why the draft is better after Mania. It lets you freshen things up right after the biggest storylines reach a natural conclusion point.

I would be good with a returning Keith Lee. I kinda wish Big E was an option. I really want to see E in a main event feud soon.

This is the thing. RAW faces are weak right now. I feel like they've gotta start slingshotting a few guys, because the face cupboard is pretty bare.

I'm completely good with a bit of a Dreq and Braun feud. Those guys would have some fun matches. I'm also not against Drew taking the belt of Shamus, and then holding it for a few months vs. a heel challenger before getting back in the main event picture.
    Drew dipping down to the US title would be a HUGE step backwards don't you think? It's one thing if you're an established veteran like Orton and Cena who 10-15 years after being on top and fans getting sick of it, they go to the midcard and try (and sadly fail) at elevating the US title. Not to mention, they were in a World title program and then a few months later US? Eh.

I mean, HIAC is next. They're not going to brush off Lashley v. Drew especially considering Mania wasn't a 100% clean win and now Drew didn't even get pinned in a match that originally was a 1 on 1 contest. The writing is on the wall, they're not going to put this off another 3+ months for Summerslam.

The crazy thing is....It's not like there are a bunch of top tier heels BUTTTTT think about this: At this time last years SUPPOSEDLY Jinder was going to get another random main event push and feud with Drew. Now Jinder is back, he has the 2 monsters with him, I have a feeling Drew is winning the belt and we're going get him v. Jinder this summer. YAY said fucking nobody. Even India was like, naw we're good fuck that Canadian poser.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    It's sad that it takes Roman Reigns to acknowledge someone of something most of us have known for years. But it's like with Cena, a lot of people liked when he would come out and talk up Daniel Bryan, Punk, etc.

Drew dipping down to the US title would be a HUGE step backwards don't you think? It's one thing if you're an established veteran like Orton and Cena who 10-15 years after being on top and fans getting sick of it, they go to the midcard and try (and sadly fail) at elevating the US title. Not to mention, they were in a World title program and then a few months later US? Eh.

I mean, HIAC is next. They're not going to brush off Lashley v. Drew especially considering Mania wasn't a 100% clean win and now Drew didn't even get pinned in a match that originally was a 1 on 1 contest. The writing is on the wall, they're not going to put this off another 3+ months for Summerslam.

The crazy thing is....It's not like there are a bunch of top tier heels BUTTTTT think about this: At this time last years SUPPOSEDLY Jinder was going to get another random main event push and feud with Drew. Now Jinder is back, he has the 2 monsters with him, I have a feeling Drew is winning the belt and we're going get him v. Jinder this summer. YAY said fucking nobody. Even India was like, naw we're good fuck that Canadian poser.
    I don't think you're necessarily off with US title point. The feud needs to be interesting, for it not to be a step back.

If its a lame opponent, you're almost certainly right. think there's enough history and enough potential to make it more of an elevation for the title than a step back if its a 3-4 month program. All year, definitely a step back. I'd rather see something like that than the Jinder feud or something similar. Drew needs a fresh feud with a legit challenge, where he comes off as strong. I think there's potential to do something like take it off Sheamus, and then feud with a Strowman. But I'm not caught with it having to be around the title.

In my view, he and Lashley both need fresh opponents that don't aren't completely underwhleming.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    I’d love to see one of Kofi/AJ be the next face challenger for Bobby; I said in the RAW thread that both gentlemen are due one last face run at the top before they hang up the boots.

So far as Sheamus, I’d really enjoy him putting over Xavier for a long run with the US title.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you're necessarily off with US title point. The feud needs to be interesting, for it not to be a step back.

If its a lame opponent, you're almost certainly right. think there's enough history and enough potential to make it more of an elevation for the title than a step back if its a 3-4 month program. All year, definitely a step back. I'd rather see something like that than the Jinder feud or something similar. Drew needs a fresh feud with a legit challenge, where he comes off as strong. I think there's potential to do something like take it off Sheamus, and then feud with a Strowman. But I'm not caught with it having to be around the title.

In my view, he and Lashley both need fresh opponents that don't aren't completely underwhleming.
    They need fresh opponents but not before their feud is over.

The problem I have with your idea about Sheamus v. Drew for the US title is they were literally just 2 months ago feuding over the World title. Everything that would be interesting between them we saw for 4-5 months straight. They've literally touched on everything and now it would simply be what? Drew wants to finally be US champion? I guess but again, we're not even done with Lashley v. Drew. After HIAC we can talk about what's next. Right now, for them, the only option is each other because there's literally no one else that would make people go "Ok I get why they killed the ppv before a good blowoff because they want to use this guy" But there isn't anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyson View Post
    I’d love to see one of Kofi/AJ be the next face challenger for Bobby; I said in the RAW thread that both gentlemen are due one last face run at the top before they hang up the boots.

So far as Sheamus, I’d really enjoy him putting over Xavier for a long run with the US title.
    After Drew I wouldn't mind seeing Kofi or AJ feuding with Lashley. Neither guy is really at a place to carry a World title feud but maybe later. Personally I'd be shocked if Lashley makes it out of HIAC as champion.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    They need fresh opponents but not before their feud is over.

The problem I have with your idea about Sheamus v. Drew for the US title is they were literally just 2 months ago feuding over the World title. Everything that would be interesting between them we saw for 4-5 months straight. They've literally touched on everything and now it would simply be what? Drew wants to finally be US champion? I guess but again, we're not even done with Lashley v. Drew. After HIAC we can talk about what's next. Right now, for them, the only option is each other because there's literally no one else that would make people go "Ok I get why they killed the ppv before a good blowoff because they want to use this guy" But there isn't anyone.

After Drew I wouldn't mind seeing Kofi or AJ feuding with Lashley. Neither guy is really at a place to carry a World title feud but maybe later. Personally I'd be shocked if Lashley makes it out of HIAC as champion.
    The US title for Drew isn't something I'm passionate about, but I guess I see it as a different possibility. Given Sheamus' earlier hijinx and the personal nature of the feud, I think that he could take away something Sheamus loves, and I think he's over enough to elevate.

With or without another belt in the picture, I do actually feel like the Lashley feud is beginning to grow stale. I feel like they're at a natural break point. But if the majority of people are still engaged, then by all means continue.

To me, they're on the on match too long point, and I'd like to see them move on. By delaying it a month, I'm not sure who will be ready for Drew then who isn't now.

Hopefully the build and next match is high-quality and my concern will be irrelevant.

Mentioned
    81 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The US title for Drew isn't something I'm passionate about, but I guess I see it as a different possibility. Given Sheamus' earlier hijinx and the personal nature of the feud, I think that he could take away something Sheamus loves, and I think he's over enough to elevate.

With or without another belt in the picture, I do actually feel like the Lashley feud is beginning to grow stale. I feel like they're at a natural break point. But if the majority of people are still engaged, then by all means continue.

To me, they're on the on match too long point, and I'd like to see them move on. By delaying it a month, I'm not sure who will be ready for Drew then who isn't now.

Hopefully the build and next match is high-quality and my concern will be irrelevant.
    I don't see it as a natural break point. Lashley had MVP distract Drew to get the win at Mania. Their 1 on 1 rematch gets turned into a triple threat where Braun takes the pin after Drew was about to win. Now, if Drew took the pin a 1 on 1 rematch it's possible that would be it.

But when Hell In A Cell is your next show and you really don't have anything other than Lashley v. Drew being a strong enough feud to go inside, why kill it now?

Right now you want Lashley to move on but to who? Who is built up to warrant a title shot at the next ppv?

Everything points to their blowoff being at the next ppv. Last night on Raw they're still building toward Drew v. Lashley. It's just horrible timing to kill the feud and I don't think judging by the way WWE is booking everyone that they're planning on moving on. Kofi getting an assisted win over the champ more than likely means Lashley v. Kofi for the title before HIAC. If they do it at the ppv, who is going in the Cell?

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone View Post
    Surprised Edge never got involved after the WM match. Contract up?
    The only thing I have read on that topic is that Edge is assumed to take another shot at Roman Reigns at some undetermined point. Personally, I'd like to see him move on anyway, but I digress.

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Meltzer's Ratings

Sheamus vs. Ricochet: 3.25
    Rhea vs. Asuka vs. Charlotte: 4.25
    The Mysterios vs. Ziggler/Roode: 3.50
    Priest vs. Miz: -3.00
    Bianca vs. Bayley: 3.50
    Lashley vs. McIntyre vs. Strowman: 3.75