User Tag List

Thread: Elimination Chamber (2021)

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Elimination Chamber (2021)

Drew McIntyre (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston - Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship
    Jey Uso vs. Kevin Owens vs. King Corbin vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan - Elimination Chamber match for a WWE Universal Championship match
    Roman Reigns (c) vs. SmackDown Elimination Chamber match winner - Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Keith Lee vs. Riddle - Triple threat match for the WWE United States Championship
    Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair - Tag team match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
    Asuka (c) vs. TBD - Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

The US championship match could be in limbo because Keith Lee was notably absent from the go-home show Monday.
    It could literally be anything for the Raw Women's Championship due to the stuff with Lacey.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BGMaverick View Post
    Drew McIntyre (c) vs. AJ Styles vs. Jeff Hardy vs. Randy Orton vs. Sheamus vs. Kofi Kingston - Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Championship
    Jey Uso vs. Kevin Owens vs. King Corbin vs. Sami Zayn vs. Cesaro vs. Daniel Bryan - Elimination Chamber match for a WWE Universal Championship match
    Roman Reigns (c) vs. SmackDown Elimination Chamber match winner - Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship
    Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Keith Lee vs. Riddle - Triple threat match for the WWE United States Championship
    Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair - Tag team match for the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship
    Asuka (c) vs. TBD - Singles match for the WWE Raw Women's Championship

The US championship match could be in limbo because Keith Lee was notably absent from the go-home show Monday.
    It could literally be anything for the Raw Women's Championship due to the stuff with Lacey.
    Covid/self-isolating again?

He's really had shit luck.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is usually one of my favorite shows. Card looks pretty solid this year.

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty excited for the SmackDown Chamber and Roman facing its winner. Not particularly jazzed about the rest of the card.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's already Sunday? Felt like there was so much time 'till the Rumble and now we're at EC.

Football manager? Peter Griffin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uk
    Hi.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Smackdown chamber is the real draw here, especially if Cesaro does win and challenges Reigns. The Raw chamber looks a lot less interesting. I watched the great 2019 edition yesterday and four of the six (Hardy, Orton, Kofi, Styles) are the same. I know the theme is former WWE champions but it still feels stale - a couple out of Ali, Riddle, Lee or even Lashley would've been more interesting. If it goes ahead, the US title match should be fun though.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’m sure we’ll get some entertaining ridiculous spots in the Raw Chamber though with the people involved.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasori View Post
    It's already Sunday? Felt like there was so much time 'till the Rumble and now we're at EC.
    Fastlane is in a month.

Defiance is a four letter
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Half tempted to grab a few cans and watch this tonight.

too big to fail Tainted Eclipse's Avatar
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    huh, that angle with roman facing the winner of the chamber on the same night will probably get me to watch this.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Keith Lee is officially OUT of tonight's US title match.

There will be a battle royal on the kickoff to join the triple threat with Lashley and Riddle.
    Last edited by BGMaverick; February 21st, 2021 at 5:23 PM.

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It’s now a fatal 4-way on the kick off of John Morrison vs Elias vs Ricochet vs Ali announced for the kick-off to determine Keith Lee’s replacement.

Midcarder
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got a feeling Cesaro wins this but I hope not...

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that’s the first time KO’s done a moonsault in WWE but could be wrong there.

Great match this, let’s go Cesaro!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bit of a surprise to see him go that early though.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Not the first time he has done the moonsault in WWE but he very rarely lands them. And yes!!! Lets go Cesaro!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Damnit!

Bryan winning is cool but Cesaro would have been cooler.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Would have loved to see Cesaro win but I’m very into Roman/Bryan. Is this the first match they’ve had since fastlane 2015?

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a nifty counter!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Well that sucks

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Might get a proper match for Fastlane.

Good old sign pointing!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Very entertaining first hour but man am I bummed we didn't get more of Bryan/Reigns. Bryan/Reigns, Cesaro/Reigns and even Jey Uso/Reigns all currently look miles more enticing than Edge/Reigns.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got nothing to do. Guess I'll watch some of this.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The dif in skill level between Sasha and everyone else in this match is highly noticeable.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drew and... Lashley?

Yuck.

edit...

oh yeah

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Hahahahahaha

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cornette is gonna shit himself.

So happy for Miz

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WELCOME BACK MIZ!!!

Mentioned
    333 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awwwwwesoooome!!!!!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    I thought drew had held the belt since WrestleMania but actually already dropped it to Orton and won it back. So okay this isn’t as absurd as I though at first but still.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Awesome! Good for Miz. He deserves this!

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ricochet bumped his ass off during the kickoff match. I thought he was going to win but Morrison sneaked in and beat the 'Main Event' All-Stars. Pretty good match and told a decent story along the way.

This match told me we really don't deserve how well-rounded Zayn is. Zayn yelling towards Graves "Injustice. Talk about it" was hilarious. This felt like the first time that they decided to mic the pods for the Chamber. Not mad as the banter was good. Hot start by pairing Cesaro (and his Magic Eye trunks) and Bryan for the beginning of the match. Fun sequence with Owens doing the moonsault and then stunning Zayn for the elimination, to see Uso go crazy and pin Owens' arm to set up his elimination. Heck of a performance by Cesaro, mainly when he was paired with Bryan, and a gutting elimination of him by Uso. They were telling a story throughout the match with Bryan's knee and that helped set the table for a compelling run through the gauntlet.

It made storyline sense for Reigns to come right out and go for the match right after the Chamber but it would have made for good suspense over the course of the night to see if Bryan could have mustered up the energy for one more run. Nice hope spot out of the gate with Bryan reversing into the Yes Lock but it was academic after that. The Ultimate Opportunist struck after the fact and set the stage for Mania. They're doing something with the hands-behind-the-back quick trash talk thing as both Reigns and Edge have done it to one other. I'm curious as to what that is. We had mic pods but couldn't catch what Edge said. Oh well.

Heck of an effort to continue making Lashley look as imposing as hell. Sucks for him losing without being pinned or submitting but that's the nature of a triple threat. That still finds a way to protect him (which mattered). With the alteration, this set up to where Morrison was there to take the pin but this certainly veered in a different direction with who got the pin. Hopefully this series of circumstances allows them to realize they've got something there with Morrison. He's been underutilized since he came back and this was a good showcase for what he can do. I really was curious to see how this match would have gone if Lee was in it. Riddle is cold as the champ so let's see where this goes.

Similarly egregious to Lacey earning a title shot via DQ, it's odd Bianca and Sasha earned a tag title shot due to Reginald pinning Nia Jax. Really would have just made tons more sense to have Bianca pin Nia. The match was I guess tolerable but again, we got Reginald messing with the match lol. Now Nia has pinned the Women's champ so that's problematic for the picture in the short term.

Guess they didn't want to cobble something together, with more notice compared to the US title match, for Asuka and the Women's title. We now go back to Clash of Champions in September to find the last time the Raw Women's title was defended on a PPV. Gross.

Kingston trying to break Orton as he came in was pretty humorous. What an unceremonious exit out of the Chamber by Orton. I'm quite surprised they didn't take the bait both with Kingston and Orton in terms of their storyline-centric ways they could have been eliminated. This Chamber match had its moments but it clearly didn't have the sizzle of the first match. There were different implications in play between the two matches and it just felt like Smackdown did a better job developing the characters that were going to be involved in the Chamber in a better way than Raw did. Nice midair Claymore for the win. The match certainly was built to fortify McIntyre after taking a loss on Monday. And now we've got a refreshed slate...

I'm just glad the briefcase is finally out of the equation. Man, this means a serious grudge between McIntyre and Sheamus played out in a Gauntlet and Chamber match, appearing to be over and done with. They hyped up their friendship for a few months, did the turn and just rushed through that without a straight up singles match haha.

My guess is that MVP was talking to Miz to say Lashley will soften the champ up so Miz could cash in and win but the price is that Lashley gets first crack at Miz. That means Miz loses to Lashley, McIntyre comes for his title at Mania against Lashley.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am drowning in beige.

Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I could see Miz taking the title to Wrestlemania and defend against McIntyre and Lashley. Lashley wins and Drew chases Lashley.

Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hang on, they've been building to Miz vs. Priest. No way that's for the belt.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ussr
    Miz vs bad bunny for the title

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kickoff fourway was fine and I'd have been happy with anyone but Elias winning so no real complaint about JoMo winning as I assumed the winner of this was just going to take the pin later.

SD Chamber was pretty dope. I had picked Bryan to win in my predictions but changed my mind to Cesaro at the literal last minute and dammit, no points for me. Was really rooting for Cesaro hard but would've been fine with anyone but Corbin, really, and was glad he was first eliminated. Very strong showing for Cesaro which was great to see and I hope they can cont8nue that momentum for him in some fashion. Sami Zayn rules, it must be said.
    No real issue with Bryan getting the win and getting flattened by Reigns afterwards was quite obviously what was going down. The spear counter into the Yes Lock was a nice MAYBE?! moment but forgone conclusion and soon as Reigns got the win I figured Edge was going to show up. Not mad about Reigns/Edge for Mania though I have to say Reigns/Bryan or Reigns/Cesaro would have me a bit more hyped...maybe we get one of those for Fastlane?

Lashley got to look a beast in the triple threat which was nice. My gut was telling me Riddle was going to win after feuding and coming up short against Lashley for the past couple months but again, bad predictions were made and no points here, either. Riddle's a tool so whatever to him being Champ. At least Lashley appears to be moving on to bigger and better things.

Women's Tag Title match was nothing to really talk about and felt like it could have jsut been on SmackDown. Focus seemed more on this weird Sasha/Reginald thing rather than Bianca/Sasha and their possible Mania match which made it feel less important. Meh. Well, on to Shayna/Nia facing/losing to Dakota/Raquel, baby.

Sucks they didn't replace Lacey with someone even if it was just for a quick dominant win by Asuka. Just have it be an open challenge with Mandy or Dana coming out and putting up a short but scrappy losing effort.

RAW Chamber was not too bad. Stunned that Orton went out when he did and there were no Fiend antics involved. Also quite surprised that AJ eliminated Sheamus but I guess they wanted that rad mid-air Claymore to be the big finish. Was very happy to see big Bobby come out and put a beatdown on McIntyre and would have been fine if things ended there with the set up for them being a title match for Mania or even just Fastlane. But then Miz came out and cashed in and won the damn thing and that shakes things up nicely. Not mad about it. Drew/Miz for Faslane, Drew regains his belt thanks to Bad Bunny, Drew defends against Lashley at Mania? Other option is McIntyre/Lashley at Fastlane for the title shot against Miz at Mania but I assume Miz/Bad Bunny will be tangling in that rumored tag match at WM, so I think Miz is losing it beforehand.

All in all, a pretty good show.
    Last edited by mth; February 21st, 2021 at 11:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    10 yrs. in the making for Miz to climb to the top of the mountain again. Really happy for the guy. It's weird how it looked like they were going to pull the trigger on him 3 or 4 yrs. ago and nothing ever came of it. Hope he doesn't drop the belt immediately and at least gets one title defense.

Really would have liked to see Retribution get involved and cost Kofi the chamber match. Instead of Omos breaking AJ out, which didn't really serve any purpose, have Ali and company pull Kofi out. Then, after beating Kofi senseless, toss him back in to be easy pickings for one of the other entrants. Easily sets up a singles match between Kofi and Ali at 'Mania.

Fastlane is in a month.
    I wish they'd permanently get rid of the PPV in between EC and 'Mania. Last year was the first time in recent memory and I didn't miss it one bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger View Post
    I think that’s the first time KO’s done a moonsault in WWE but could be wrong there.

Great match this, let’s go Cesaro!
    KO did a moonsault in his first match against Cena. Best part was earlier in the match Lawler said "you won't see this guy doing any moonsaults" and then Kev does one, lol.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Love how they advertise Asuka Match on the pre show just to find out no one is ready for Asuka

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada

Quick(ish) Hits:

-I’ve been pumping the tires of Mike Mizanin (and John Morrison) for a while now, thought they deserved better than the bullshit they’ve been made to work with. But this way exceeds what I anticipated. I thought Miz would cash-in this past Fall/Winter, lose a highly competitive title match or maybe get a 2-3 month reign in the dead zone before dropping it prior to WrestleMania season (throw the long-tenured and under appreciated company guy a reward for his services). But this close to Mania, taking it off the legit #2 guy in the company? Holy shit. Now they almost have to let him run with it for a while now, maybe drops it at Mania (v Lee/Strowman/Lashley?). I really want to see where Miz goes with this, maybe he enlists The Hurt Business as muscle (Lashley was pretty non-responsive to Miz running down the ramp with his briefcase and a ref).
    -Lashley will need to explain why after losing his US title, he focused his rage on Drew rather than the new champ Riddle or the one who took the actual pinfall in Morrison. For some one who’s been built up as a cerebral and calculating dude, he sure was oblivious to the fact that Miz (the team mate of the guy who cost him his title) was about to make a huge move.
    -Going to need Edge’s explanation why he’d target the toughest of the three champs. He won the Rumble, he could have chosen the NXT champion and still main-evented Mania. A bonus of Edge v Reigns is that it opens the door for Christian to do the job to Jey at Mania, which would be a huge feather in the cap of Main Event Uso.
    -Riddle as US champ does not interest me, at all. I feel like this was Lee’s spot to be had.
    -Jax/Baszler going over Banks/Belair made absolutely no sense, the women’s tag champs bore me beyond belief.
    -No Asuka, huh? Lame. Not even an appearance? Fucking embarrassing. I’ve said it before, I’ll say it again: Asuka is what Vince wants Jax/Baszler to be.
    -The company is really going to pigeonhole a third tier PPV a mere three weeks before Mania, huh? K...
    Last edited by Tyson; February 22nd, 2021 at 4:56 AM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Hope Lashley finally wins the big one from Miz, probably with help from Bunny & Priest, then drops it back to Drew at WM. Miz, Lashley and McIntyre all get well deserved rewards.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Ringo View Post
    Hope Lashley finally wins the big one from Miz, probably with help from Bunny & Priest, then drops it back to Drew at WM. Miz, Lashley and McIntyre all get well deserved rewards.
    I don’t think Lashley would get the Kane treatment, am highly doubtful that title changes hands three times inside seven weeks. I could see a triple threat match (Miz v Lashley v McIntyre) at Mania, where Miz does the job to Lashley.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    germany
    so brock vs lashley at mania for the title.

clever booking though to get the title off of drew.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Good for Miz

Mentioned
    364 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This felt like the first time that they decided to mic the pods for the Chamber. Not mad as the banter was good.
    They were definitely mic'd last year, as well.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    nice

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope Lashley stays far away from anymore titles, he's the epitome of boring.

We haven’t become anything — we simply are as we are
    Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by VHS View Post
    I hope Lashley stays far away from anymore titles, he's the epitome of boring.
    Based on reports it looks like it's not gonna be a good time for you.

What the fucks up Dennys! Nash Diesel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    TNA showed that Bobby Lashley paired up with MVP actually works better than anything anyone has ever done with Lashley. Why on Earth they gave Lashley pants is beyond me, he looks like an idiot.

With that said, I wouldn't be negative to Lashley as World champion. It's the total package that sells me. MVP as the mouthpiece, the other members of the HB at his side. I want to see him beat The Miz then Drew beat him at Mania.

My son said "Man that's going to make Drew a 3x champion within a year" and I said yep, just like Austin's first year as champion. He won it 3 different times between Mania 14 and 15.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This was actually a pretty solid ppv. Bro Riddle winning the US title-huge markout moment for the household as we're all pretty big fans of this guy. All the way back to his debut on UFC's TUF.

I thought both Chamber matches were excellent. I'll be honest, I didn't think Miz was going to pull it off and then it would still lead to Drew v. Lashley due to the beating he took from Lash.

It would have been nice to see Asuka wrestle just because she's my favorite active wrestler on the planet.

All in all, out of 10, I'd give this show an 8.

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Miz is awful.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    Miz is awful.
    My oldest son LOATHES the guy. It's "go away" heat from my son toward Miz lol. I don't mind him. I actually think he's pound for pound the best heel in wrestling and probably has been for 10 years. Overall, maybe at times people were better but his body of work over the last 10+ when it comes to the heel stuff, very very few are in his league.

If they keep it on Miz, he can definitely carry this feud with others going into Mania no problem. If they have him lose it to Lashley via Bad Bunny or some shit, that works out too. You put Miz anywhere, as a heel, dude delivers. But that's just me trying to sell you on someone I already know can't be sold to you

Mentioned
    444 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    I liked him until he added that "Coooorrrreeect" shit into his spiel and now I want to see him off TV.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Donald View Post
    I liked him until he added that "Coooorrrreeect" shit into his spiel and now I want to see him off TV.
    Oh his run right now with Morrison has been beyond cringe. Even from an educated wrestling fan point of view. It reminds me of when Trips and Shawn brought back DX awhile back but they were trying to get over with a bunch of 3rd grade comedy. It's like going to a HS party but someone's 32 year old uncle pops in still rocking the letterman jacket asking "Who's got the dope?"

Main Eventer
    Mentioned
    193 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Miz has deserved another run ever since his top-notch feud with Dean Ambrose. He can play the chickenshit heel role as good as anyone ever has. I am hoping he wins at Fastlane by getting himself DQ'd perhaps by getting himself counted out, and then at Mania he somehow retains as well - perhaps Bad Bunny interferes on night one, then Drew gets his win on night two. I just want to hear him on the mic talk about successfully defending his title at Mania AGAIN, when nobody expected him to.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kdestiny View Post
    Based on reports it looks like it's not gonna be a good time for you.
    Yeah, yikes.

If they're steering towards Lashley being in the picture then it's going to be meh compared to Miz who can be an actual draw.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3puppies View Post
    Miz has deserved another run ever since his top-notch feud with Dean Ambrose. He can play the chickenshit heel role as good as anyone ever has. I am hoping he wins at Fastlane by getting himself DQ'd perhaps by getting himself counted out, and then at Mania he somehow retains as well - perhaps Bad Bunny interferes on night one, then Drew gets his win on night two. I just want to hear him on the mic talk about successfully defending his title at Mania AGAIN, when nobody expected him to.
    I don't see him wrestling on both nights so he's going to definitely job. The big rumor is Miz/Morrison v. Bunny/Priest. I don't think they're going to waste all this time right now with those 4 interacting to further a Miz transitional run. That's what fucked them the last time, he should have lost but he didn't. The Miz is the best heel but not a guy who you want the belt on longer than a month or two. Why? He's pretty whack in the ring-imo.

I want the guy in the main event just not as the champion unless it's for a brief moment in time.

Yeah, yikes.

If they're steering towards Lashley being in the picture then it's going to be meh compared to Miz who can be an actual draw.
    What are you comparing here? I'll be honest, I've never looked into Bobby Lashley's numbers so Idk what his segment are doing, especially with the Hurt Business-which seems to be the only constant good booking on Raw it seems (judging by people in general on social media).

Lashley on his own, you are 100% correct in terms of being bland but I dig what they have him doing with MVP.

World Champion
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't care of Lashley at all prior to his run in the Hurt Business. His booking, character, and having MVP with him made him more appealing to me. I think Lashley vs McIntyre ends up being the Mania title match from RAW. At least we have lots of possibilities with Miz cashing in, Lashley beating down Drew, and Sheamus/Drew feud that isn't done yet.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    brazil
    Yeah, Bad Bunny & Priest cost Miz the title vs. Lashley who gets a well deserved run with the belt after finally reaching his peak as a performer. Drew beats Lashley and gets his coronation in front of the first crowd in over a year. McIntyre/Lashley, Bunny & Priest/Miz & Morrison. Would actually be into all that. Orton/Wyatt and Riddle/Lee work too.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will say this about the first time Miz cashed in. Michael Cole being his cheerleader was the only highlight of Cole's heel turn.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Miz is a bigger draw with Bad Bunny

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    What are you comparing here? I'll be honest, I've never looked into Bobby Lashley's numbers so Idk what his segment are doing, especially with the Hurt Business-which seems to be the only constant good booking on Raw it seems (judging by people in general on social media).

Lashley on his own, you are 100% correct in terms of being bland but I dig what they have him doing with MVP.
    I'm comparing Lashley to Miz, simply. There's more money and entertainment factor in Miz alone than Lashley even w/ the Hurt Business in his corner. HB has done wonders for Lash, but he still has no resonating factors about him other than the fact that he's affiliate w/ HB.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash Diesel View Post
    I will say this about the first time Miz cashed in. Michael Cole being his cheerleader was the only highlight of Cole's heel turn.
    I loooved Cole's heel turn at first. Him marking out over Miz was really great, too bad they drove his heel antics into the ground and just spoiled everything about it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by Tainted Eclipse View Post
    Miz vs bad bunny for the title
    Title for title. Miz only agrees to put up the WWE Title if Bad Bunny puts up the 24/7. Go all out. Make it a exploding barbed wire match.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    usa
    Quote Originally Posted by RadOnAnxiety View Post
    Title for title. Miz only agrees to put up the WWE Title if Bad Bunny puts up the 24/7. Go all out. Make it a exploding barbed wire match.
    Needs more light tubes

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm comparing Lashley to Miz, simply. There's more money and entertainment factor in Miz alone than Lashley even w/ the Hurt Business in his corner. HB has done wonders for Lash, but he still has no resonating factors about him other than the fact that he's affiliate w/ HB.

I loooved Cole's heel turn at first. Him marking out over Miz was really great, too bad they drove his heel antics into the ground and just spoiled everything about it.
    I will say this, you wouldn't be able to insert just anyone in Lashley's role in The Hurt Business. I don't want to say there is more money in The Miz because that's an aspect of the business I have no real clue about. There are a lot of people who straight up do not like The Miz, have never liked him, and don't take him serious in a top tier role. I think that was honestly what happened to him 10 years ago. Nobody bought him as a top tier player. Kind of like Jeff Jarrett. Incredible mid-upper card heel---but main event World champion heel? Brand splits do wonders lol.

Lashley would have been World champion had he not left. The dude was getting a super push.

And yes, they definitely overexposed Cole. Nothing new with WWE. They overexpose the shit that needs to be dialed back and they just went overboard. I said it in the other thread about Worst Mania matches....I have no doubt that this era played a huge part in my distaste for pro wrestling in general.